Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Back Empty
PostSubject: Back   Back I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Back Skullfinal

The scene opens to a parking lot. It happens to be the parking lot of the Civics Center in Maine where IWF BattleGrounds XXXIX will take place. It’s already dark out and would be completely black if not for the nearby street lights placed in increments about the lot. For a few minutes there is nothing but the faint sound of distant automobiles passing by in the freeway. Suddenly the camera turns right and a pair of headlights shine in the distance. The object comes closer and closer until eventually the black van pulls up just feet away from the camera and stops. The windows in the rear are completely blacked out allowing no one to see inside, but that quickly becomes irrelevant as the door slides open and two men jump out. They are both wearing black cargo shorts and black t-shirts. They posses brutal strength as they both pull someone out of a van. This particular person has handcuffs on and has his head down as they lead him into the garage. The cameraman tries to get a closer look but one of the guys shoves him away as they make their way. The cameraman manages to catch up and stay behind them as they go through a door and into one of the hallways of the center. The prisoner’s feet plods forward as the two henchmen drag him on. Despite the predicament, he doesn’t seem to make any attempt to fight back or atleast lash out. The feeling is almost solemn and calm. Eventually they make a left turn and reach the end of the hallway where there is one single door. They go through it and push him in. The prisoner stumbles and gets to one knee. The cameraman tries to follow but the two grunts simply shove him back and close the door. A short click indicates that the door was locked from someone inside. The henchman leave and the cameraman decides to go near the door to investigate. Fortunately the mic captures the faint voices emanating from the room.

Chris: Well, well, well. Look at the piece of trash my guys picked up off the sidewalk.

Dan: Nice to see you again…, Chris.

Chris Matthews: I’m surprised you remembered my name. You know after the long fall to the unemployment line.

Dan:…Whatever…

Chris: Is this supposed to be your new attitude? Not caring?

Dan: No. I never really gave a shit about you. Sorry if you took it the wrong way…

Chris: Ah, there it is. The fire that got you so far in this company, but the same fire that burned your whole career down.

Dan:… Look do you have a point or are you gonna stare romantically off the in the distance reminiscing about a time when a few people still knew you existed?

Chris: Why? You got places to be?

Dan: As a matter of fact, yes I do.

Chris: Yes, that’s right. You have to be actively seeking a job to get unemployment benefits.

Dan: Oh so that’s why I haven’t been receiving a check. I was too busy wrestling in other promotions and winning championships.

Chris: Alright. I’ll get to the point. This weekend is the thirty ninth edition of BattleGrounds. You know what that means?

Dan: It will be the thirty ninth BattleGrounds that you haven’t been booked for a match.

There is silence for a few minutes.

Chris:………You’ll be booked this week. You will have a match against Hostyle Jones and a man you are familiar with: Steel Angel.

Dan: Two against one. How could I not see this coming?

Chris: No, you will have a partner. But it’s someone you probably wouldn’t have expecting.

Dan:... James Shark…

Chris:… How the hell did you know?

Dan: Well he is the IWF Champion isn’t he? One could only hope that you get teamed up with Shark. And low and behold, he is my partner. This is great.

Chris: Great? How is this great? You are going into the ring with two great superstars ready to take your head off. And the only person who remotely has your back is the man who took the IWF title from you and knocked you out two times. Tell me, Dan Alexander, how is that great?

Dan: Well, first I have a job at IWF again. Second I am teaming up with the IWF World Champ. And last but not least, I get to see your pretty face again.

An audible sigh is heard.

Chris: Alright, now that you know, or at least I think you know what is going on. I’ll let you say a few words…

Suddenly the door swings open and that cameraman is startled. The camera shakes as it looks up at Chris Matthews.

Chris: Get in here.

The cameraman walks slowly into the room and Dan is seen sitting in the chair with his handcuffs still on.

Dan: What’s this for?

Chris: I’m glad you asked. This is how you will do your promos from now on.

Dan: What?

Chris: See, at IWF we hold a standard that we expect all our employees to live up to. We just want to make sure you do as well.

Dan:… Chris, … I’ve worked here before…

Chris: Yes, that is true. But right now you are just another new employee that we have to assimilate into our work environment. So for now I will be sitting in on your promos.

Dan:… For what reason?

Chris: Just to make sure everything is in order. Just consider me as your partner. You know, just like the good old days. I am working for you.

Dan: Right. The good old days. That was in the past, but I don’t see much change in you. You still work for IWF. You never worked for me.

Chris: Believe whatever you want. Just get it over with.

Chris looks toward the cameraman impatiently who realizes at that moment that he has to get in position. He points the camera at Dan who is sitting in the chair. Dan looks down.

Dan: Can we at least get rid of these handcuffs. Seriously, what the fuck? I quit IWF. I didn't murder anybody.

Chris: They can stay on.

Dan looks into the camera.

Dan: Did IWF miss me so much that they had to kidnap me? Apparently so. But I don't blame them. I was the best thing to happen to them. Was I number one in the rankings? No. Was I the longest holder of the IWF championship? No. But I made IWF exactly what it is today. “How can this be?”, you ask. After all, I did some pretty heinous things the last time I was here. I admit that much. I cost James Shark the title match at From the Ashes. I attacked him from behind. Then a few months later I attacked Steel Angel. And while all of this was happening I criticized the way Rick Christian was running this business. As a matter of fact, I still criticize the way Rick Christian is running this business. So, what exactly did I do to help this company? I gave it exposure...

Dan: When I joined IWF, it was only a few months old. It was only getting started. It hadn't accomplished anything yet. Now it's a multimillion dollar company. Chris, I can see the disdain look on your face and I know where that stems from. No, I am not claiming that I was the only piece of the puzzle. There are many who made IWF what it is today. Names like: Chuck Matthews, Brandon Macdonald, and Corey Casey come to mind. James Shark is arguably the best in IWF today. Hostyle Jones is likely to make the same impact in the future. And even Steel Angel has done his part in making IWF successful. I do not dispute these facts. I am not overlooking anyone else in IWF. But in terms of pure impact. In terms of garnering record breaking ratings and high viewership. There is no one like me and I doubt that you will ever find someone as good on the mic as I am, as good in front of a camera as I am, and as good in the ring as I am.

Chris: Says the man who made a fool of himself on national television. Yeah, you were popular alright, but probably not for the reasons you wanted. You were hated. Don't think for one second people aspired to be Dan Alexander. You were the laughing stock of IWF. And everything you were in wasn't watchable for anyone with half a brain. Yeah, there were millions of viewers, but they are the same mindless fucks who watch The Kardashians or daytime soap operas. Your storyline with Tori made me sick to my stomach. It was god awful and you of all people know it.

Dan: And whose fault was that Chris? You know, I trusted you with my career and you threw it down the gutters. While I was out there busting my ass off in the ring you were in the back pitching the very same god awful story lines you despise. The whole Tori Selene angle was your idea. She wanted a recording contract with Matthews Enterprises and guess who owns some stock in that? You do. That's exactly why you pitched that storyline no matter how awful it was. You completely ignored the fact that it would stain my career. You were only looking out for yourself. You were looking out for yourself the whole time. You never worked for me. You work for yourself.

Chris: Oh, excuse me for trying to get ahead.

Dan: You know very well what you did. My first few months you even turned me into an IWF billboard. Having the IWF logo in my tights. Passing me off as some corporate munchkin.

Chris: Okay, you know what. That's in the past. This is now. I don't see how you can even beat Hostyle and Steel Angel. I don't even know how you and James will co-exist in that ring. He'll probably leave you for dead. Oh wait, no that's what you do. That's exactly what you do. You just quit.

Dan: Yes, I did leave. But I never quit. I never quit wrestling. I never turned my back on my fans. They just tuned into whatever show I was on. They supported me when in my matches. To be honest, they aren't glad that I am back in IWF as much as they are happy to see me destroy every one of you. I am no longer tied or hindered by you, Rick Christian, or anybody elses agendas. I am here for myself. This is the real Dan Alexander. Take note of that Hostyle and Steel Angel. Shark and I may not be the best of buddies. I heard his partner and tag team champ Cody was sidelined recently. But he made a good choice when he picked me to be his partner. Individually we are the best in the entire wrestling business, and if you combine us together there is nothing that will stop us. We have gold around our waists. We have championship reigns on our resume's. But most importantly we have the most DEVASTATING finishers in all of pro wrestling. Be prepared to lose this weekend.

Chris: Okay your time is up.

Chris starts to take the camera away and turns it off.
Back to top Go down

Back
Page 1 of 1