Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Years - Part I

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

New Years - Part I Empty
PostSubject: New Years - Part I   New Years - Part I I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:33 pm

-------------------Saturday December 31st, 2011-------------------

[At NBC Studios, 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City]

Brandon: “Alright folks, that just about does it here for all of us”

Anna: “Thanks everyone for tuning in to our special New Years Eve edition of Three For All”

Keagan: “We hope you enjoyed it, and can’t wait to see you all in 2012!”

Brandon: “Goodnight America, and happy new year!”

Keagan: “I hope you enjoy it as much as we will!”

I stood up from my chair as the director signalled us that we were off the air. I grabbed Keagan and pulled her in for a quick kiss. She smiled at me as we started walking off the set towards the backstage area.

Brandon: “Excited for tonight?”

Keagan: “I hope so. We have so many places to go!”

Brandon: “Well if by so many, you mean like three, then yes”

I laughed as Keagan shoved me playfully.

Keagan: “I forget where we’re going when”

Brandon: “Well it’s nine now. I figure we’ll go to Pier 36 first and see Joel, he said he was playing all night. We’ll get there at like and see him for like an hour. Then we’ll head back to Times Square, and watch the ball drop and all that. And Tim said he won’t get on until like one, so we’ll finish our night there”

I had met Joel Zimmerman at one of his shows a while ago. We befriended each other based basically on the fact that we were both Canadian. When he told me that he was playing at a club here in New York for New Years, I told him I would stop by. Keagan liked his music too, and wanted to meet him, so it was perfect. And then he told me that I should go over to see Tim Bergling playing at Pier 94 afterwards. I really like Avicii, and so it was awesome that Joel arranged for us to be able to meet him.

Keagan: “That’s so awesome. I can’t wait to meet deadmau5!”

Brandon: “I know you can’t. Try to keep it in your pants okay? We’re not there yet”

Keagan turned and frowned at me

Keagan: “Speaking of keeping it in my pants, are we going to have some time alone tonight?”

I grabbed Keagan’s hips and pulled her closer to me. We kissed for a few moments.

Brandon: “I’m sure we’ll make some time. It is New Years after all”

Keagan: “Can you believe the 2011 that we just had?”

Brandon: “No. To think that one year ago I was married to that girl over there, and trying to rescue her and take out a terrorist operation. I mean it’s just crazy”

Keagan: “And I was dating that Patrick guy, and living on your island, taking care of all that stuff”

Anna: “You guys talking about me?”

I laughed. Anna had walked over towards us after talking to one of the producers. She smiled as she pushed her way right in between Keagan and I.

Brandon: “You would”

Anna stuck her tongue out at me and then grinned.

Keagan: “Isn’t Aaron coming tonight?”

Anna: “Yeah, he is!”

Anna got really excited when she said that. She really liked Aaron. And who could blame her? He was a good-looking NFL superstar, on a world champion team. Heck, if I were gay I’d probably be into him.

Brandon: “Wait…doesn’t he have a game tomorrow?”

Anna: “Yeah, but he’s not dressing. Spoiler alert”

Brandon: “Wow, are you serious? I was picking them to win, but without Aaron they are like nothing”

Anna: “That’s not true. Matty can play too. Besides, Aaron said he’s going to be calling plays and running the offense and stuff”

Brandon: “Really? That’s pretty sweet I suppose”

Anna: “Anyways, he’s downstairs, I’ll meet you guys down there in a bit, ok?”

Keagan: “Sure thing”

Keagan and I walked into our dressing room while Anna continued past it towards the stairs. Once inside the room, I sat down in a chair and started to change. I looked over at Keagan, who was also changing. She was so beautiful, all the time. I loved her so damn much.

Brandon: “Did I ever tell you how much I love you?”

Keagan: “Only a few times”

Brandon: “Do you want me to say it more?”

Keagan: “Maybe just once…”

Keagan turned towards me and bit her bottom lip teasingly. I laughed, which made her start to laugh too.

Brandon: “Okay. I love you Keagan Davis-Brown”

Keagan: “And I love you too Brandon Macdonald”

I pulled the shirt I was going to wear over my head. Keagan was looking into the mirror, fixing her hair.

Brandon: “Can you believe we’re here? Together?”

Keagan turned and looked at me

Keagan: “Sometimes I don’t believe it. I mean, we’ve both been through so much. And I don’t just mean this past year. I mean in our entire lives. Just think of all the things we’ve been through, and how we’ve both been there for each other every single time. It kind of makes you wonder why we didn’t start doing this earlier”

Brandon: “Well we were both confused. Sometimes it takes a while to find the one you love right? I mean, how often does someone find the person that they’re going to be with for the rest of their lives, on their first try?”

Keagan: “Once in a million.”

Brandon: “I’m glad it took this long. Because now we’re ready for it”

Keagan walked over to me and sat on my lap

Keagan: “Agreed. It’s been a crazy last few years. But I think we’re finally getting to the easy part”

Brandon: “Well. Easy enough I guess.”

Keagan: “What’s up?”

Brandon: “It’s just this whole football thing. Keagan you know how much I want to play in the NFL. But I’d have to quit the IWF. And I just don’t know if I could do that”

Keagan sat up in my lap and stared into my eyes. I stared back. She had such a perfect face. Everything about it was just amazing.

Keagan: “There are choices in life that are going to be hard. You have to make sacrifices all the time. So I guess it’s just going to come down to whatever you want to do more.”

Brandon: “I know. It’s just hard to think about. Giving up one dream for something I love and am good at”

Keagan: “Well you know I’ll be behind you one hundred percent, no matter if you decide to keep wrestling, play football, or even decide to open up a chain of fast food joints”

Brandon: “Hey now that wouldn’t be a terrible idea”

Keagan frowned at me as I burst into smile.

Brandon: “What do you think I should do?”

Keagan: “Well, I can’t make decisions for you. But I’ll tell you what I would do. You’ve already been a UFC Champion. You are the IWF Champion. You’re amazing at both fighting and wresting. And it’s always been your dream to play in the NFL. So why not give it a shot? If you can’t do it, or get second thoughts, you can always just go back to wrestling. Where’s the harm in trying, right?”

Brandon: “Yeah, you’re right. But I don’t even know why I’m bringing this up right now. It won’t even be an option for me for a few months. I need to stick with the IWF right now. Focus on being champion”

Keagan: “Good thing you have an easy win tomorrow against Steel Angel”

Brandon: “I don’t even want to talk about that right now. Lets just go have a fun New Years Eve”

Keagan: “Yes please”

I took her hand and helped her up. We were about to leave the room when she stopped me. She pulled two glasses out of her purse, and a small bottle of whiskey.

Keagan: “One for the road?”

Brandon: “Let’s kick this night off right”

I held the glasses while Keagan poured whiskey into both of them. She put the bottle back into her purse as I handed her one of the shot glasses.

Brandon: “To a great night”

Keagan: “And an even better night”

Brandon: “I’ll drink to that”

We clinked our glasses together, before downing the shot. I wiped my mouth as Keagan grabbed the shot glasses and shoved them back in her purse. I quickly kissed her on the cheek as she blushed slightly, before we walked downstairs together. Aaron and Anna were waiting at the door, all dressed up and ready to go.

Anna: “God, could you guys take any longer?”

Keagan: “Calm you tits girl, we weren’t that long at all”

Brandon: “Good to see you again Aaron”

Aaron: “Nice to see you too Brandon. And the lovely Keagan, always a pleasure”

Keagan: “Aaron, you’re not like other football players I’ve known. They were all dickheads. But you’re a good guy”

Aaron laughed

Aaron: “Yeah, there are a few of those out there. I’m just grateful that I get to do what I do”

Brandon: “You and me both Aaron”

Anna: “Shall we get this night started?”

Brandon: “If everyone’s ready”

We walked outside. There was a smallish limo waiting for us. I had already told the driver our plans for the night. We climbed inside and sat down. I moved over to the minibar and started pouring drinks. I made sure Keagan and mine were strong, since we always drank more than anyone else I knew, and we wanted to get shittered tonight. I handed everyone their drink, and then sat down.

Brandon: “So Aaron, I hear you’re not playing tomorrow”

Aaron: “Anna, I thought I said that you weren’t supposed to tell anyone”

Anna turned and looked at Aaron

Anna: “Yeah but its Brandon! Of course he was going to find out! I’m sorry”

Aaron: “Don’t worry, I was just messing around. Yeah, Coach is giving me the game off; we’re giving Matty a chance to play”

Brandon: “That’s good. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be a backup to a guy who rarely plays, like Matty is to you. But I guess you did that with Brett for three years”

Aaron: “Yeah. It’s tough, I mean, obviously you want to be out there playing. But at the same time, you know your role. For me, I knew eventually I’d get to play, so it was just a matter of being patient, and learning as many do’s and don’ts from Brett as I could”

Brandon: “I’m sure you learned more don’ts than do’s, am I right?”

We both laughed. Keagan and Anna were having their own conversation across the limo. Who knows what they were talking about?

Aaron: “Yeah, well I play a different style than him. So we’re just different I guess”

Brandon: “Even when alone, you can’t say a bad word about him can you?”

Aaron laughed again. He took another drink.

Aaron: “I’m just a nice guy I guess. I try not to trash talk, because it always just comes back to bite you”

Brandon: “Yeah, I guess that’s just where our career paths differ, because I’ve made a living off of trash talking and all that stuff”

Aaron: “Yeah, I think that’s great. I love wrestling, always have.”

Brandon: “I know, I’ve seen your discount double check move”

Aaron covered his face with his hand as I grinned at him.

Aaron: “Yeah that was a lot better on paper. I’m not a great actor”

Brandon: “Yeah, if you want my advice, stick to football. You’re good at that. Acting? Well…not so much. However that commercial seemed like it would tank no matter how good an actor you were. Just terrible writing”

Aaron: “Yeah, it wasn’t the best thing they ever wrote, I’m sure. It was just something I got asked to do”

Brandon: “So Aaron. Will I get to see you and Tom go at it in the Super Bowl this year?”

Aaron: “Maybe. He’s having a phenomenal season, and his team is doing great. They would be a tough team to beat, that’s for sure”

Brandon: “I know Tom pretty well, and he says the same thing about you. And I agree with him. You’re having, well, I guess had one of the greatest QB seasons of all time”

Aaron: “Well I can’t take all the credit. My teammates did a fantastic job this year helping me out. They bailed me out of a few bad situations”

Brandon: “Again, look at you being so modest. That’s why I wonder if I would be a good fit for the NFL. I talk to much, I take a lot of credit for what I do, just because I’ve always done that”

Aaron: “Well I think you’d feel a bit differently in the NFL, because it’s such a team sport. You’ve played football before right?”

Brandon: “Yeah, I played at TCU”

Aaron: “Really? I don’t remember a Brandon Macdonald playing for them”

Brandon: “I only played for one season, stuff happened, I moved to New Mexico and trained with Greg Jackson. Also I think I went under Brian McDonald”

Aaron: “Oh shit, I remember you now. I watched you when I was in the eleventh grade. You were pretty great. I just remember because you had LaDainian and yourself, and one of the more explosive offenses in college football. Except your quarterback was pretty average, was he not?”

Brandon: “Yeah, it was Casey Printers. He wasn’t terrible, but he wasn’t an elite quarterback. He also had a shitty attitude towards football”

Aaron: “Yeah. I remember them calling you one of the best prospects to come out of nowhere. There were no records of your high school, you were a walk-on, never really did interviews. You baffled everyone. Then you just vanished”

Brandon: “Yep, that’s me”

Aaron: “Were you seriously thinking about trying out for the NFL?”

Brandon: “Yeah, I was giving it a lot of thought. It’s always been a dream of mine, but other things got in the way. And it’s the sport that I was naturally talented at. My dad played in the CFL”

Aaron: “That’s pretty cool. Listen, if you’re serious about it, I can talk to Coach McCarthy after the season is over. See if he’ll bring you in for a try-out. That is if you’re interested”

Brandon: “That would be pretty cool. Although I’m not sure I could compete with guys like Greg or Jordy. They are pretty amazing”

Aaron: “They are. I’m glad I have them on my team. Lord knows how many times they’ve saved my ass”

The limo slowed down to a stop. We must have made it to the pier. I finished my drink quickly, before climbing out of the limo. People outside of the club were craning their necks to see whom it was that got out of the limo. I figured they’d recognize Aaron more than they’d recognize me, but I heard a surprising amount of people yell my name.

We walked over to the bouncers, who let us in. They had obviously recognized one of us, or else knew that we were coming. Once we got inside and gave our jackets to one of the doormen, we made into the main part of the pier, which had been turned into a nightclub, as it often was on weekends. And tonight it was packed. I could hardly move around, there was so little room. I made my way to the front of our group. I was the biggest of the four, so it was my job to clear a path for us. I looked up towards the end of the building, where I could see Joel standing and DJing, his usual big mouse head on, as the crowd danced below him. I pushed our way through the people as we made our way across the venue, all the way to the stage. A bodyguard blocked the stairs to where Joel and a bunch of others were standing.

Bodyguard: “You can’t come up here”

Brandon: “I’m a friend of Joel’s, he told us to come see him”

Bodyguard: “Stay right here”

I watched as the bodyguard walked up to the top of the stairs and yelled at someone about something. The music was so loud, especially where we were. The guy the bodyguard yelled at walked over to Joel and whispered something in his ear. Joel was mixing, so he yelled something back and nodded his head. The man came back and yelled something to the bodyguard, who then motioned for us to come up the stairs. We hurried up the stairs. Anna and Aaron went over to where some girl was serving drinks, while Keagan and I walked over to where a few people were standing behind Joel. He was in the middle of playing a song, so he wasn’t going to come down yet. Keagan and I sort of danced along with everyone behind him as he got the crowd jumping to Moar Ghosts N’ Stuff.
Back to top Go down

New Years - Part I
Page 1 of 1