Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Years - Part II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

New Years - Part II Empty
PostSubject: New Years - Part II   New Years - Part II I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

--------------------CONTINUED--------------------

After the song was over, I watched as he hit something on his computer, then walked down the stairs of his set to where I was standing. He was still wearing his ridiculous mouse head as he walked over to me and bro hugged me.

Joel: “Brandon man, glad you could make it!”

Brandon: “Of course man. Wouldn’t miss this for anything. How’s it going so far?”

Joel: “Pretty good. Crowd is bumpin, but it’s new years, so I’m not surprised. I plan on wrapping up at about eleven or so, and heading down to Times Square”

Brandon: “No shit eh? We’re doing the same thing, you should come with us”

Joel: “I’d love to, but first I have to know who us is. Starting with this beautiful lady standing right beside you”

I laughed as Keagan started blushing. It was funny because Joel was still wearing his head. Which made him look so funny, talking to Keagan like this.

Keagan: “I’m Keagan, Brandon’s girlfriend. It’s so cool to meet you, I’m a huge fan!”

Joel: “Ah, Brandon’s girlfriend. I should have known that the hottest girl in the club would be with you Brandon”

Keagan: “Get out of here, you’re just saying that”

Brandon: “Well regardless, he’s right”

Joel: “Exactly.”

Brandon: “Do you have to keep that ridiculous mouse head on all the time?”

Joel: “Nah, I can take it off if I really want to. But I don’t really feel the need right now. Why, is it creeping you out buddy?”

Brandon: “Sort of”

Keagan: “I think it’s cute”

Joel: “See?! The hot girlfriend has spoken! You’re not going to disagree with her are you?”

Brandon: “Not if I want to get some tonight”

Keagan: “He’s learning”

Joel: “Good. Well I should get back to actually mixing, otherwise we’re gonna have a riot”

Brandon: “We’ll wait here for you to wrap it up, then head over to Times Square?”

Joel: “Sounds good to me”

I fist bumped Joel and Keagan shook his hand, as he made his way back up the steps to the set. The crowd erupted when he came back. Keagan turned to me while the music changed and the crowd began to cheer louder.

Keagan: “What a nice guy”

Brandon: “He’s Canadian, what did you expect?”

Keagan: “True”

Keagan and I made our way to the makeshift bar that they had set up behind the set. For the next hour or so, we sat there, listening and dancing to the music, taking shots, or making out. I had no idea where Anna and Aaron had gone off. Probably to fuck in the bathroom or something. Oh well. I was glad I got some alone time with Keagan for now.

-------------------One Hour Later-------------------

I sat at the bar as Joel wrapped up his performance. Keagan and I were really drunk, and thought it would be a good idea to share shots. I poured one in my mouth but didn’t swallow. Instead I pulled Keagan close and kissed her, pouring the tequila that was in my mouth, down into hers. She swallowed it and smiled. She did the same for me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Anna and Aaron walking towards us.

Brandon: “Finally, where the fuck have you two been?”

Anna: “Oh…you know…around”

Keagan: “You couldn’t wait until the night was finished?”

Anna: “I haven’t seen Aaron all week, it was overdue”

Aaron: “She’s not wrong”

I looked over as Joel was climbing down the set. Music was still playing, the house DJ had taken over. He was walking around, high fiving and fist bumping everyone around.

Brandon: “Oh yeah, Anna. Joel is coming with us to Times Square. Hope you don’t mind”

Anna: “deadmau5 is coming to celebrate new years with us? Yes please”

I turned to Aaron, who was laughing as Anna slurred her words

Brandon: “How much did she have to drink?”

Aaron: “Not that much. She’s just in a good mood”

Keagan leaned in to my ear and whispered to me.

Keagan: “He fucked her silly”

I laughed and nodded my head as Keagan burst out laughing as well. Joel walked over to us, this time without his mouse head on.

Anna: “Wow, you’re pretty cute without your head”

Joel: “Thanks baby. But let me guess. Taken?”

Anna grinned and wrapped her arms around Aaron’s neck and kissed him. I looked over at Joel.

Joel: “Guess that’s a yes”

Brandon: “All the good ones are, right?”

Joel: “So true”

Brandon: “Should we head out now?”

Joel: “Let me grab a drink first”

Joel walked over to the bar and grabbed a bottle of something, and downed most of it quickly. He grabbed his mouse head and put it on over his head as he walked towards us.

Brandon: “Are you seriously going to wear that to Times Square?”

Joel: “You think people will recognize me if I don’t?”

Keagan: “Do you want to get recognized?”

Joel: “If I don’t want to spend new years alone, then yes”

Brandon: “He makes a good point”

We all walked outside and made our way into the limo, trying to avoid all of the screaming people. Most of them were yelling for Joel, but a few recognized Aaron and I, and asked for our autographs. We signed a few, then climbed into the limo, and drove off towards Times Square.

-------------------Nearly One Hour Later-------------------

I looked down at my watch. One minute until midnight. I looked around Times Square. Keagan had her arm around me, as she was looking up at the big timer counting down. Anna and Aaron were holding each other, standing beside us, also looking at the countdown clock. I looked over at Joel, who was with Jenny McCarthy, one of the cohosts for Dick Clark’s New Years show. I looked at Keagan, who was now staring at me smiling.

Keagan: “This is a lot better than last years new years”

Brandon: “I would have to agree with you there”

Keagan: “It’s going to be a good year, isn’t it?”

Brandon: “We’re together. Could it get any better than that?”

Keagan: “It doesn’t need to. I’m the happiest girl in the entire world right now”

Brandon: “Well then I must be the luckiest man alive. Not only do I have the sexiest girl in the world by my side, she’s also the happiest”

Keagan and I looked up at the clock. Ten seconds until 2012. I looked into Keagan’s eyes as the crowd chanted down towards zero.

Brandon: “Happy new year Keagan”

Keagan: “Happy new year Brandon”

As the ball struck the bottom, and the clock hit zero, and confetti fell from the sky, I grabbed Keagan and pulled her in for the longest, greatest kiss of my entire life. I couldn’t believe that this year was finally over. From going to Iraq, the brainwashing, the escaping, the cheating with Ashley, the fall of the NLWF and subsequent rise of the IWF, my drug abuse, my death, my visit with God, my loss at From the Ashes, my breakup with Anna, my proposing to Ashley, the death of my brother, my breaking up with Ashley, and now, finally, being with Keagan. Somehow, she made this entire year worth it. All those terrible things that happened to me, they didn’t matter. Being here, with Keagan, being happy, that all made up for the year.

Eventually, we broke our kiss, and just smiled at each other. I looked around as confetti fell everywhere. People all around us were slowly breaking their kisses as well.

Keagan: “I think it’s about time we go see Avicii and get fucked out of our skulls”

Brandon: “And then fuck out of our skulls?”

Keagan: “If you really want to”

Brandon: “As long as my dick will work”

Keagan: “I’m sure I can make it work”

I laughed and walked over to Aaron and Anna, who were just staring at each other, smiling.

Brandon: “Ready to go to Pier 94?”

Aaron: “Do you mind if we meet you over there? There’s something that we want to do first”

Keagan: “Go right ahead. Don’t feel like you guys have to come if you don’t want to. It’s new years. You can go do whatever you want”

Anna: “Thanks Keagy. We’ll see you over there”

I walked away from Anna and Aaron, who went back to kissing. I looked over at Joel, who was signing some autographs beside Jenny. I yelled at him.

Brandon: “We’re headin’ out now Mouse!”

It felt weird calling him mouse, but I wasn’t sure if he wanted me to call him Joel in front of all those fans. So I didn’t. He signed one last autograph, said goodbye to Jenny, and then ran over to where Keagan and I were. We walked towards our limo and piled inside. We drove towards the club, talking about how awesome this New Year was going to be, even if it was going to end in December. Oh well.

We got to the club and walked inside. Joel put his head on, and immediately made his way towards Tim, who was playing over in the far end. The crowd was too busy watching Tim, and didn’t see either Joel, or us which was great. As I walked around the club, I heard a familiar voice. But, it couldn’t be. Could it? I turned around and found the source of the voice. It was!

Jason: “Hai Brandon!”

Jason Hawk was sitting at the bar, beside his girlfriend Kat, and a few others that I didn’t recognize. I walked over to him and sat down beside him. Keagan walked over and started talking to Kat.

Brandon: “Hey Hawk, what the fuck are you doing here?”

Jason: “Kat’s band was playing here earlier, and we decided to stay and get drunk!”

Brandon: “Sounds pretty awesome. You’re obviously not worried about tomorrow night then”

Jason: “Meh, not really”

Brandon: “You don’t sound too excited. Something up?”

Jason looked down at his drink for a few moments. He then looked back up at me.

Jason: “I’m losing it Brandon”

Brandon: “Losing what?”

Jason: “The will to fight. It’s just not there any more. That spark I used to have, the one that made me able to do all those crazy things and have so much fun in the ring, it’s dying. I don’t have any motivation to wrestle any more”

This was news to me. I always thought that Jason really loved wrestling. Hearing that he had no passion for it any more was a surprise indeed.

Brandon: “Are you sure it isn’t just the time of year? Like, a new year, maybe something’s up and you’re not really sure?”

Jason: “No, it’s been like this for some time. I’ve been forcing myself to wrestle for a good part of the last year. It just hasn’t been fun for a long time”

Brandon: “That sucks man. I’m in the same sort of boat as you”

Jason: “Oh yeah?”

Brandon: “Well, I’ve finally got a chance to accomplish my dreams and play in the NFL next year. But I don’t know if I can give up wrestling for that. I mean, it’s a dream of mine, but why risk what I have going in wrestling?”

Jason: “I see your point. I don’t know, I always thought it was better to try and fail than to not try at all”

Brandon: “I guess your right. It’s just something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I probably won’t make a decision for a while. So what are you going to do about tomorrow’s match?”

Jason: “I don’t know. I mean I’m going to fight. But I just can’t put my heart and soul into it anymore. So who knows what’ll happen”

Brandon: “Well, there’s no use sitting here moping about this stuff tonight. I say we get royally hammered, and then see what tomorrow, or I guess today, and all of 2012 will bring us!”

Jason: “I think I’d agree with you sir!”

I grabbed a drink off the counter as Jason grabbed his. We clinked our glasses together, and drank.

And that was the last thing that I remember.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Say goodbye to that ten match win streak record Steel. Because the real master of the win streak is about to break that, and all the other records here in the IWF.

Last week, I beat you for my championship. You put up a pretty good fight, but it still wasn’t enough. In fact, it wasn’t even really that close. I tapped twice, but you’d be stupid into thinking I didn’t tap just to make things interesting. Close matches equal more viewers, more popularity and more money. No one likes a squash match.

But in the end, I tapped you out with the Lights Out. And after that, Corey and Carmine came to celebrate with me. Now I like Carmine. But he was dragging us down. He formed a team that was destined to disagree. He couldn’t lead us properly. Chuck turning on us and attacking Jason was only further proof of that. A good leader has control over his troops at all times, and Carmine didn’t have that. So Corey and I cleaned up the trash. Now it’s just the two of us, and frankly, I’m happier with that.

The two of us know how to get stuff done. We know what we want, and we know exactly how to accomplish it. We don’t need some leader who doesn’t know what he’s doing to try and tell us how to do it. We can go out there and do it ourselves.

Which is what I’m going to do this week. But not with Corey.

Instead, I’m partnered with Ruben Ricardo Leon.

I like Ruben. I mean, sure, I used to not like him. He took my title, he was the guy that I just always had to beat, a constant thorn in my side. But since he came back from Mexico, he’s done something that even I am impressed with.

He has consistently gotten the better of Chuck Matthews, and made his life hell.

I’ve made it no secret that I don’t like Chuck. He is manipulative. He is a liar. He is a complete and total douchebag. Now for a guy like Ruben to come and take him down a peg, to throw him off of his oh-so-mighty throne, that makes me feel good. Chuck finally getting something that he deserves. Something that he hasn’t gotten since we fought at Fallout in the most brutal match in IWF history. And I’ll be glad to help Ruben out this week.

A lot of people don’t know this, but I’ve never lost to Chuck Matthews, in any match. And I don’t see that about to change any time soon. Especially in a tag team match. You know what I thought was funny?

Last week, at New Years Evil, I caught part of the broadcast, where Jason and Chuck were talking. And Chuck complained about always having to carry his tag team. It made me laugh.

Chuck always has to carry his team because he always has to be the center of attention. He can’t ever let someone outshine him. He has to constantly one up his partner, all while they sit back and realize what a total asshole he is. I mean, if he looked back and thought about it, he’d realized why he always carries his teams. Because he doesn’t allow his partner to get a chance to outshine him.

This week will be no different. He’s partnered with Vincent Van Rose, who I actually thought was released from the IWF a few months ago. Why did we decide to bring him back? Do we need another guy who doesn’t know how to defend a title? All Vincent Van Rose has done in his career is fail. He won his title from a Corey Casey who’d just been dumped by his fiancée, and had his children taken away from him. After he won the title, you know what he did?

Nothing.

He didn’t win any big match, for fucks sake, he lost to the New Blood Champion.

He is just another in the long list of failures here in the IWF

So it doesn’t matter that he’s Chuck’s partner. Because even if Chuck, by some miracle, allows Vinnie to do something in our match, he just sucks too much to actually do anything. And I think Chuck knows that. Which is why I’d be surprised to even see Vinnie in the ring with Ruben and I, unless he’s getting pinned.

But whatever. This is going to be fun. Ruben is going to continue to make Chuck’s life hell, and I’m going to help him. And I’m also going to break a record while doing it.

What could be more fun?

Back to top Go down

New Years - Part II
Page 1 of 1