Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins Empty
PostSubject: Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:01 pm

I anticipate this match will steal the show
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins Empty
PostSubject: Harverster of Sorrow   Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Baron catches the kick and throws the leg but Ethan uses the momentum to his advantage and throws himself over as he decks Baron with the pele kick.

Matt - HIT THE LIGHTS!! HE HIT THE LIGHTS!!

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins Aj20styles
-Press Start-

It is pitch black, and Ethan opens his eyes to see a white cloth stained with blood over his face, he touches a sensitive area of his face. Ethan hears someone crying, the sound is very familiar, a sound he heard when Rayne's puppy Rogue died of parvo. Ethan pulls off the cloth of his face to see some skin being pulled off with it, only to see Rayne with her head down crying into an IWF logo'd shirt, his briefcase over in the chair next to her. Ethan breathes but when he does so, his back tingles, Ethan grimaces and pulls himself up. Rayne not hearing Ethan move over her crying. Ethan is upright, a bandage on the left of his forehead. Ethan turns to see a very concerned Bobby Ball staring directly at Ethan Cage.

Ethan: What's happened?

Bobby: Ethan, it was Baron, after the match, he hit you with his fist on fire. Your face caught some of the flame. The doctor says that it wasn't such to a degree that the damage is permanent but you will have to keep everything kept clean. Ethan, the pain was as such that they gave you morphine while they worked on your face. Best news is that you were not burnt so bad that it'll stay that way. But Baron Tomson did this, and from the look on your face....you're not done with him are you?

Ethan: That fuckin' asshole.

Rayne wipes her tears and hugs Ethan with all her might.

Ethan: Little tender babe.

Rayne: I'm sorry baby.

Rayne doesn't listen to Ethan and hugs him again, then kisses the bandaged half of his face, as if a kiss from an angel.

Bobby: We knew this was going to happen Ethan, Baron doesn't care about his record, he cares about burning people.

Ethan: Yes, I thought he'd at least once take into account that this was a match of pride, I've beaten the man and simply to save face and make himself seem like he is competition hit me after the fact. The same thing he did when he lost to Griffin.

Bobby: Listen Ethan, I've got a phone call from some people very high on the IWF food chain, would seem that The Empire have grown in number as they've taken in a Gordon Fury, as well Joseph Phillips joined Bad Company.

Ethan: I want Baron.

Bobby: That will have to happen after Griffin Hawkins, the only man to ever beat you.

Ethan: Thanks for the reminder Bobby.

Bobby smiles.

Bobby: The man that burnt Ethan and the man that's beaten Ethan,...how would it be to take on both men?

Ethan smiles.

Ethan: It'd be just what the doctor ordered!

Bobby: That will take a little more wins than-

Ethan: I want the match!

Bobby: Ethan, you're a little angry and I can understand that, but you can't take on these men in this condition, let's talk to Flair again. He'll know how to best handle a man like Griffin while in this state.

Ethan: It's already written in stone Bobby. I will beat down Griffin Hawkins this week, and I will stand as the only man to beat Griffin Hawkins, we will stand each other's first losses in the IWF. I promise you that.

Bobby smiles seeing that this hasn't stopped, his client is every bit the man he was before Violent Impulse.

Bobby: Like I said Ethan, you're never going to believe who called me it was-

Ethan: It doesn't matter, I'm the briefcase holder now in the IWF and if management is calling me to see if I'm coming into work, you can tell that man hell yeah! And I'm no Storming Raven, but I will bring my own personal brand of hell with me.

Bobby: You're not medically cleared Ethan.

Rayne: I know Ethan, he will not stop until these things are rectified. He was the shining star of the IWF's future and the last two weeks, these two men have shown Ethan in a weak light and Ethan's pride and respect for his career won't allow anything but a wreckoning to come.

Bobby: But he is not medically cleared.

Ethan: I'm goin' to kill them.

Bobby: When you do come back Ethan, it would appear that the IWF want to make sure the briefcase, is with someone who...can defend it. So, to make sure of that, you'll be facing men that would love to have the briefcase you hold.

Ethan: That's fine, they earned it, and I'm going to make them regret earning it and it'll be just the bait I need to get what I want.

Bobby: Ethan, there's something you should know.

Rayne: Baby, your knee is weakened from Baron. He put on brass knuckles and hit you directly on the knee.

Ethan: So he hit me on the knee so what?

Rayne: Well your finisher is very dependent on your leaping ability. The Hit the Lights may come into question.

Ethan sighs, trying to think why that would happen.

Ethan: Bobby.

Bobby: What's that Ethan?

Ethan: Get me out of here, I need to train and I need my knee to be fixed. Let's get the physical trainer and have him meet me at my house in Vegas.

Bobby: What, you're not cleared to leave here, how am I supposed to get Greg to help rehabilitate you. And Flair is in his home.

Rayne: Baby-

Ethan: I want to get out of here now, just make sure the match with Griffin happens. I'll make sure you have a 5 star match.

Bobby: You haven't even stopped bleeding yet.

Ethan grunts and swings her left leg off the gourney, and then the next leg.

Bobby: Ethan, what are you doin'?

Ethan: I'm going to be at Battle Grounds next week.

Bobby: What for?

Ethan: To give the IWF ....a wake up call.

Bobby: Okay, there's no way to talk you out of this?

Ethan glares at Bobby.

Bobby: Okay, noted.

Bobby grabs his coat off a nearby chair and covers Ethan with it over his shoulders. An EMT with an IWF logo stands at the side.

EMT: Where do you think you're going?

Bobby: My client says he's ready to leave.

EMT: I carried that man from the ring to the back, he can't go anywhere. It's on IWF's insurance that he must stay until medically cleared.

Bobby: How much will it take for you to you know, look the other way?

EMT: You balding idiot, this is my job, I won't allow my livelihood to be-

A superkick square to the jaw of the EMT.

Bobby: Ethan?

Bobby turns to see Ethan holding himself up on the door frame, and sees Rayne in a stance, as clearly it was her who kicked the poor man in the face.

Bobby: What the hell was that?

Rayne shrugs.

Rayne: What, you took too long.

Bobby: You know, of the both of you, you're supposed to be the sweet one.

Bobby drops his card on the unconscious man and helps Rayne with Ethan and they make their way towards the door. Ethan pulls his briefcase out of Bobby hands and starts to walk on his own, and then slams into the wall. Bobby tries to help Ethan but Ethan pushes him off again and gets up. And walks to the outside, Ethan feels the now morning air on his skin, a peeking sun on Ethan's face, this brings a smile to Ethan's lips, a sense of victory, he's beaten the man of fire and is standing tall. When Ethan looks back down, he sees a limo with the name BBalls on the license plate, which can only be Bobby's. Ethan makes his way to the limo. The driver opens the door for Ethan, holding his arm out.

Ethan: Don't fuckin' touch me.

Ethan turns around to face the camera.

Ethan: Baron, you and I aren't through by a long shot. We are going to have our day again, and next time, I'll make sure you STAY on fire.

Ethan gets into the limo, and is followed by Rayne who looks into the camera and gives it the finger as if looking directly at Baron. Bobby, who looks a lot like Paul Haymen tips the driver and gets in, already on the phone.

Bobby: With all due respect Ric, this is important and your flight is on me....well in Vegas of course...

A devilish smile arises.

Bobby: That's excellent...sure old man, all the women that can fit into the limo.

Bobby presses the end button.

Bobby: Griffin Hawkins....your luck for losers bit...you're going to wish you had any sort of luck, because at Battle Grounds...you will not feel the wrath of a forgiveable God...instead...the devil's only son...is coming.

Bobby looks over at Ethan who has already taken off his bandage, while Rayne is blotching the wounds with a cotton ball as Ethan has a bottle of Patron in his hand with the cap off, resting on his lap. The seat of a god, the only thing on his mind is getting back into that ring. The thought of Griffin smacking his head off the cage runs on repeat. Ethan stares dead pan at the camera, determined and waiting....always waiting...

And the camera goes to black.

Scene 2: If You want blood....You Got it!

We open up on a scene quite different, it is Halloween night. And it would appear we are at a Hollywood party, tons of metalheads are dressed up in costume. With the uppercrust that Ethan is used to, and his crewcut, it's hard to believe that Ethan would hang out with these people, however Ethan lives a rock n roll lifestyle. And with his father being Tristan Cage, at one time NWA's World Champion, who's fought greats like Steamboat, Flair, which gives a lot of sense as to why Bobby Ball knows his phone number and even Bruno Sammartino, and was the closest man before Hogan to slam Andre. This is the son of the man that has retained his title against such greats as these, and now this son is against the only man to have ever beat him, Griffin Hawkins. When the camera finally catches up with Ethan, he is standing talking to Tommy Lee of Motley Crue. Tommy Lee has his arms crossed, as he is dressed like Johnny in his skeleton suit, the bad guy in the original Karate Kid. Ethan is dressed as Griffin Hawkins, a silly red leather tight fitting jacket and red leather pants, no shirt and long blonde hair.

Tommy: - so I had her bent over the kitchen table right.

Rayne steps into the scene.

Rayne: Really Tommy?

Tommy: Hey I was just talking about um...the new Assassin's Creed.

Rayne: "Bent over the table".

Tommy laughs.

Tommy: What can I say, I'm a gamer.

Ethan laughs.

Tommy: So you guys had this amazing pay per view last night.

Ethan: You saw it?

Tommy: I saw that one and Fall Out, my schedule doesn't allow me to see a lot of Battle Grounds but I dig that shit man. The flippin' and everything, that shit's dope. Ethan remember that time you sat shotgun for my drum solo?

(referenced below)

Rayne: I know he remembers him and I making out on the drum solo the next night on the tour.

Tommy: Yeah, I got fined for that one, you weren't in the harness.

Rayne smiles.

Rayne: Believe me Tommy, I was in Ethan's arms, I was in the safest place in the world.

Tommy: You two are in love sick!

Ethan: I should introduce you guys again on the next tour.

Tommy: Ethan Cage come out to introduce us again on tour, that's be sick tight, son.

Ethan: It's a deal.

Tommy: Hey maybe by then, you'll be the champion and we can really promote the hell out of it.

Ethan: Yeah.

A bare chested woman walks up to Tommy, Ethan and Rayne.

Woman: Excuse me?

Tommy: What can I do for you darlin'?

Woman: Thank you for inviting me, my girls and I wanted to show you our appreciation.

Tommy: Oh yeah?

Woman: Hi Ethan.

Tommy: Oh shit, she knows about you dawg.

Ethan smiles and shakes his head, almost even blushing.

Woman: I don't like when you wrestle women, you hurt them, but when you break men's backs and put them down, that's super hot.

Tommy: He's Dr. Feelgood that's right.

Ethan: Stop encouraging her Tommy.

Tommy: Listen man, you're doing it yourself, you go out there and do the flippies and win all the time. I'm shocked she knows you too. This wrestling stuff is pretty big, with CM Punk, TnA, Cena guy, and Stygian and now Ethan Cage? Hella tight.

Woman: Will you be joining us Ethan? If I go home and tell my sister that I slept with Ethan Cage, she'd die.

Ethan: She'd die huh?

Woman: Well will you at least sign one of my tits?

Ethan: Of course.

The two men are handed sharpee's and Tommy as well as Ethan sign either side of this woman's breast. She smiles and grabs both men's crotches.

Tommy: Which one of us is bigger hun?

Rayne bites her tongue to not cause a scene. The woman smiles at Ethan and winks.

Tommy: Oh shit son, I guess I owe that 50 bucks.

Ethan: After all these years, that was the funniest way to settle that.

Tommy: Well we certainly weren't going to show each other our shit.

Ethan: Fuck that shit. Though I could've settled that shit with your mom.

Tommy: Mom jokes, nice.

Vince Neil steps into the scene.

Vince: Yo! What the hell is with all this talking? We got a party to get going? Oh shit, Ethan is that you? I haven't seen you since forever buddy, what are you doing here?

Tommy: Dickhead, he lives in Vegas, and we told him we'd hit him up when we are in Vegas and here we are.

Vince: Okay well, this Halloween pool party is supposed to be hosted by Motley Crue and you're over here reminising. Ethan, for old time's sake, you want to get up there and announce us?

Ethan: Sure thing.

Ethan goes up to the stage which is next to a pool shaped like the mudflap woman. Ethan on the stage. Back with Tommy and Vince.

Tommy: Is he dressed as the guy from Devilition?

Vince: Oh my god he is!

Tommy: They suck!

Vince: Oh man, remember that one show where that dipshit lead singer couldn't remember any of his lines, he just kept calling himself the Rock Soldier.

Tommy: Oh yeah, and that homeless guy pissed on his leg.

Vince: I have to say, kudos to Ethan on originality.

Tommy: No Vince, that "dipshit" guy, is also a wrestler.

Vince: Well no wonder he can't remember his lines, too many punches to the head.

Tommy: What was his name, Griff, Gruff, Gruffy?

Vince: I think that's the crime fighting dog. Anyway his name is mud, heard Ethan is taking him on.

Tommy: How do you know?

Vince: Tommy, you play that shit on the tour bus every week.

Tommy: Oh shit.....I need to stop smokin' that shit.

Vince: Yeah...you do.

Back onstage. Ethan steps up to the mic. The crowd begins to boo and yell poser. Ethan is confused, and thinks it may be about his match with Baron. Ethan shrugs looking at Tommy.

Tommy: What the hell?

Rayne: I'll be right back.

Rayne steps on stage and they begin to hoot and holler. She steps up to the mic.

Rayne: You guys not liking our buddy here huh?

Man: Griffin sucks! Devilition SUCKS!

Rayne: Sir, you are right, they absolutely do. As well, so does Griffin. Do you believe Griffin to be a Rock Soldier?

Crowd: NO!

Rayne: Does he belong in music?!

Crowd: NO!

Rayne: Well, ladies and gentlemen, you are right. But you see, he's also a wrestler, he was UECW's last champion, he's taken out Alexander Remington.

The crowd stays quiet.

Rayne: He's a wrestler too.

The crowd in unison.

Crowd: Ohhhh.

Rayne: Ladies and gentlemen, this is not Griffin Hawkins.... It's Ethan...MOTHERFUCKIN'.....CAGGGEEEE!

The crowd cheers as Rayne takes off Ethan's Griff wig. Ethan steps up to the mic.

Ethan: If I wanted to get booed I would've joined The Empire.

The crowd laughs.

Ethan: Well, tonight is not about me, it's not about Griffin, it's about the fellas hosting this party. If you remember, David Arquette was part of a company called WCW. And while he was champion, he was friends with Nikki Sixx and even brought him backstage with him for a few events, especially around the time of Ready to Rumble. Well backstage during one of those events, my father whom was visiting Sting was backstage and he happened to bring me along. And at that event, a limo pulled in and Nikki stepped out, he saw my shirt with Ozzy on the front and said, "hey kid, nice shirt". And my stomach almost blew out the McDonalds I had eaten. David Arquette had respect for my father so he met him and inturn I met Nikki. Since that day, I would get random texts sayin' "Hey kid, nice shirt." And today, I am in one of the largest wrestling companies known to the business and I carry a briefcase that allows me one title shot at the World Championship. And today, Motley Crue are one of the biggest legacies in music. It's funny how far everyone's come, and I just hope I have their staying power. Ladies and Gentleman.....Motley Crue!

The band walks up the entrance stairs and go to their instruments, and Vince Neil on the mic.

Vince: Ethan CAGE everybody!

The crowd cheers.

Vince: That man is Rock n Roll's real soldier, not some washed up two bit that looks like some of those 80's skanks that tried to get with us. Good luck Ethan and now who's up for a little....Saint's of....Los Angeles....

The crowd cheers again. And the camera goes back to Ethan and Rayne.

Ethan: Thanks for the save.

Rayne: What I'm here for...there was no way they'd hate you, had to be your costume.

Ethan: Bad idea?

Rayne: You should've been Batman like we talked about.

Ethan: Still have the Catwoman suit?

Rayne: Why?

Ethan smiles.

Rayne: Oh, why yes I do.

Rayne smiles.

Rayne: You think in your condition you can handle me?

Ethan: I guess the fun will be in finding out.

Rayne: You're going to have to get out of that costume first, I don't fuck losers.

Ethan: Absolutely.

Rayne: Then follow me Tiger.

Ethan smiles and flutters his eyebrows at the camera, a slender hand that can only be Rayne's pulls Ethan off camera.

Scene 3: The Devilition Interview

The camera comes back on Ethan who is still dressed as Griffin Hawkins sitting on a director's chair, four people sitting in their own chairs. In her own chair is Nancy O' Dell.

Nancy: Hello and welcome to Entertainment Tonight and with us tonight ladies and gentlemen is Griffin Hawkins and Devilition.

"Griffin": Oye lady, we are just Devilition you silly pilik.

Nancy: Griffin you're not British, you're Canadian.

"Griffin": Yes but the band was born in London, making us Englandonians.

Nancy: That's not a word.

"Griffin": It is because I said it. Now what were we going on about?

Nancy: So you're going to keep the accent?

"Griffin": Si.

Nancy: That's spanish.

"Griffin": I am the Rock Superstar and if Madonna have a British accent for a year, then so can I.

Nancy: Fair enough. Now Griffin, not a lot is known about your band, only your name.

"Griffin": We've in these later years have stayed more local, like last night we played my neice's 12th birthday and we tore the house down.

Nancy: Let's take a look.

The camera goes to the neice's party where every one is dressed up and is looking really classy, a rich people party that much is clear. In walks "Devilition" in their ripped up 80's throwback attire.

"Griffin": Rock n Roll alright!

Uncle Remis: Griffin, you were told not to come here.

"Griffin": It's my neice's birthday, you think I'm going to miss this? I even brought me band.

Uncle Remis: Why do you have an English accent?

"Griffin": Me band was born in England it was.

Uncle Remis: Please don't do this, don't embarass your neice. This is a civil affair.

"Griffin": Embarass her? I'm going to make this party pop! Where's the stage?

Uncle Remis: Scarlet has been scared of you ever since you trashed her tea party set because the tea was "too hot".

"Griffin": It burned me lips it did.

Uncle Remis: It was a fake tea set, there was no actual tea!

"Griffin": And I have a great imagination, therefore the "imaginery" tea, was too hot.

Uncle Remis rolls his eyes. Another man similar in age steps up.

Man: What are you doing here?

"Griffin": Hey baby bro, I'm here to rock your daughter's rocks off....figuratively off course...not down with that incest stuff...unless she's down, I mean I can make her a woman tonight. YEOW!

Brother: I'm going to kill you!

Uncle Remis steps in between them.

Uncle Remis: Not here guys.

Brother: This is my daughter's birthday, don't ruin it for her...or I'll ruin you.

"Griffin": He's got his panties in bunch.

Uncle Remis: My god man, you just offered to sleep with your brother's daughter.

"Griffin": I said "if she was down", what are the chances that she is? It's gotta be even money, right?

Uncle Remis: What are your friends doing?

"Griffin" turns around to see his bandmates pushing off the respectable band playing classical music and grab their guitars, bass and drums, they push over the harp that looked extravagent and they throw the chimes down."Griffin" laughs and heads up to the stage and grabs a mic.

"Griffin": We're here to celebrate Scarlet's birthday, she's 12 today everybody! This one goes out to her and my girl Tiffani Michaels! This song's called Rape Me....it's by Nirvana everybody.

Griffin:Rape me, Rape me my friend, Rape me, Rape me again.
I'm not the only one, I'm not the only one, - Hey, who's from out of town?
-I'm not the only one,I'm not the only one

The brother rushes the stage and tackles "Griffin".

And the camera comes back to the interview.

Nancy: What was that about?

"Griffin": It was just me trying to sing a song, my brother believed in my musical ability.

Nancy: So we went on the street and got some local opinions of your new album named No One Knows I'm A Wrestler or A Musician But Me.

The camera clips over to a person listening to music on her headphones making a disgusted face.

Woman: Is this person mentally handicapped?

Next person on the headphones.

Man: It sounds like this band is not ready yet.

Next person is James Hetfield of Metallica on the headphones.

James: Is this an April Fool's joke? This sounds horrible, and I've seen horrible and this is even passed that. I mean that's even worse than Load and Re-Load put together.

Next is Motley Crue all with headphones laughing.

Tommy: Oh man, this is worst than having your dick caught in rat trap.

And back to the interview.

"Griffin": In all these cases, I'd put it down as being misunderstood as a musician.

Nancy: You use the sound of a trash truck backing up as the music of an entire song.

"Griffin": Ah yes, Backstreet Boys Break Up Blues, that was heartfelt when I was going through some hard times.

Nancy: Over the Backstreet Boys?

"Griffin": They are bigger than the Beatles!

Nancy: You are undefeated in the IWF, and how much longer do you expect to be?

"Griffin": For as long as I don't fight Stygian, I consider it an honor to be his third bitch. It's Lillith, Lilah and Griffin!

Nancy: Well this interview has gone wrong. This is Nancy O'Dell-

"Griffin": And we is the Devilition!

Nancy: "We is"?

"Griffin": Well I certainly can't say "I is", there's more than one of us.

Nancy: Good night everybody.

The camera goes to black once again.

The Promo To...the Homo

The camera comes in on Ethan Cage who is standing in front of that mud flap girl pool, tons of partied out bodies sprawled out on the ground below him, a representation of how Ethan Cage will always be the one left standing. Ethan is wearing a backward baseball hat, blue so it must be the color of his favorite team the Dodgers, a white tshirt and jeans. A silver chain around his neck. Ethan looks at the camera.

Ethan: Griffin Hawkins, you talk a lot of shit and when I walked into your locker room and called you out, you pretty much had nothing to say. That's funny, when you're on camera, you're very talkative and confident, but right in front of your face, you pretty much have nothing to say. You say you're a champion, I call you a coward. I will not run from my loss to you, and I'm damn sure not ashamed of it. Because it knocked me on my ass, and that's exactly what I need. I needed to strive more, I had become complacent in my winning here in the IWF and I took for granted what I can do in that ring and I didn't bring what I could've. So I say, thank you for that reminder, however this week is different. You slammed my head into that cage and woke me up, but see as you were talking about how I am nothing, I noticed you referred to me more than Parker.

Ethan: See Griffin, I was the one you were worried about, I was the one besides you that could've won that match. As much as you think you are above me, I am the man that can pull you down so that I may rise in this company. You play that am I in Bad Company or not game, and right now, no one cares. At Fall Out rose one entity, a threat to our company and our way of living in IWF, then you, Stygian and Chuck lived to rise and started something that could've exceeded The Empire. Hell, I even thought of joining, I'll admit it crossed my mind when Parker and Baron were together in The Empire. But much as I suspected, Stygian felt like he was working for Chuck, and Stygian is the World Champion and with that ego, how could he see himself servicing anyone but himself. Same goes with you, you followed suit and said yeah, I'm out of here too.

Ethan: This week saw two things, you stand up to Stygian and say that you're no one's bitch and the other, it saw Stygian back down to you. And while you and I are fighting each other, Stygian is fighting Parker Wayde, Jack Savage and now two people not fit to lace up our boots in Silas Romero and Parker Wayde are fighting for the chance of being the number one contender to the World Championship. Don't you sort of get that sense that the championship is being kept safe by keeping Stygian in your corner instead of fighting him. That man will support you as long as you go for any other title but his own. Soon as that happens, you will see the real Stygian, and you will see the only reason he was on your side, was to keep you from going after his title. And you're too stupid and naive to figure it out for yourself. And after your "10 years" of wrestling, you'd think you'd be a little smarter than that.

Ethan: I know you felt my power Griffin, when I hit the H.T.L off the cage. And you know damn well what I can do in that ring and you've been safe up until this week. This week, you are facing Ethan Cage by myself, no distractions such as Parker Wayde. Just me and you in that ring going toe to motherfuckin' toe and this time the ending is going to be so much different as I will be the first one to take down the glamorous Griffin Hawkins. I will return the favor to you, that you gave to me. I've beaten people in this company, and I've put my name down on a lot of lists as one of the IWF's greats. Now you want to go down in history as the IWF's greatest athelete. Well old man, look at the caliber of my matches and look at the all out brawl and the slopfest you call a match and you will see that there is just no comparison.

Ethan: Now management has kept you safe long enough and if you're wondering why you are facing me again, it's because of the briefcase, I wanted this match as I told you in your locker room that I would call you out again and I made sure it happened. Because in that match, I hold myself responsible, I let go, had I not it might've been me to be on the other side of that cage. You see I've become obsessed with beating you as you might've seen last week. And the only thing that's going to have me let it go, is to beat you in that ring. And I will do just that Griffin, because you stand there as a challenge and I stand here knowing I belong in the main event far more than a Silas, more than a Jack Savage, and definitely more than a Parker Wayde. Griffin, a match between you and I, that's main event, that's pay per view but I couldn't let the thought of you beating me fester anymore, I wanted this match to happen and couldn't wait until I got in the ring with you again. And after putting Baron through fire, here I stand now as a challenger to you.

Ethan: This time around, you won't make black jokes about people eating chicken or being ghetto. You see last week, you gloated about the win over me and you played it out like I was just another notch on your belt, and it reminded me of Dark Knight where he was beaten and put in this hell, and the difference is my hell was in my mind, it's not that I'm a sore loser as you suspect. It's because I am one of the most competitive men in this business, and that's what this company is all about. A sore loser is what you're going to be when I finally put you down and make you see what I already know. Griffin Hawkins, I'm going to beat you because I am of the main event caliber and management needs to see that. You seem to be their glory boy, you seem to be the one protecting Stygian and it's clear to me that I have to beat you to be seen in the same light as Steel Angel, as Stygian and yourself. And if that's what I have to do, then by God, I'm going to do that. You see I need that next level, I'm tired of seeing people with not even half my talent going into world title matches, number one contender matches. Some are telling me that the briefcase is holding me back but you see to me, it's a reminder of what I have already done in just one month here in this company.

Ethan: And when people say I'm not worthy, I can just hold up my briefcase and shut them the fuck up.

Ethan: Now you think I'm mad about you beating me, I'm not. I see the way you are catered to here, and I get that you must be some kind of claim to be here because of what you did in the UECW but now it's my turn to show my worth to this company, I'm not just good for the division I seem to be in, I'm one of the best this company has ever seen. You may have beaten me last time but I completely outshined you and was the stand out in that match. And once again, as I was in the tournament I am made to prove myself once again, and that is what this has been about the whole time. You and your ego seem to think it's you, and that I have a problem with you and in reality it's that I have a problem with losing. I have a problem with being seen as second best or not as good as the next man. So, you are the reason they might see me this way, therefore I will hunt you without mercy. I will not bow to you the way everyone else is. I'm going into this match with eyes open and a black heart. And remember, you brushed me off as just another win, let's see how you see me when I've created the upset in your life that you have mine.

Ethan: And you told me when I find the balls to face you to come at you and that's exactly what I'm doing. But first, I had to pull them from Tiffani's mouth, but none the less here we are this week, Ethan Cage and Griffin Hawkins. You tell the world that you're going to leave me a bloody quivering mess, and you see it like that's a threat to me. Griffin, I came here for competition such as yourself, and I came to BEAT competition such as yourself. I knew I wasn't unbeatable, but I also knew that I could learn from losing and beat the man that beat me, and that's what's going to happen. You now live in the safe world where I did, and will become complacent and I'm going to teach you the lesson you taught me. You think you're going to up and walk away from this match, come on man, you should know me better than that. I put you down the last time we fought, it wasn't as easy as you fuckin' claim. You ended up the victor, and that was last time, this time I'm coming at you and I'm coming at you hard and I will not "let go" this time. This time, I don't stop until I don't hear a heartbeat in your chest. This time I walk away with my hand raised and that sense of accomplishment that you took from me.

Ethan: I'm going to pull away the blanket, I'm going to show this world Griffin that you may be the last UECW, but you are indeed beatable, you are not as untouchable as you think you are. From our last match you've set forth a glass ceiling, and that's a glass ceiling that I'm going to completely shatter. There was a time when I thought I need to earn my right to speak, earn my right to have a say so in my career and you know what, now I've come to see that a closed mouth around here doesn't get themselves fed. So Griffin, in our match, I'm going to make my statement on you loud and clear. I understand that it's going to be one of the most difficult matches I've been in yet, but I will triumph and I will rise above everyone's misconceptions, including yours.

Ethan: You pretend to be the man of the people, wholesome, fun loving and you claim that you and I are so different. You see in IWF, I am considered a bad guy, because I don't kiss anyone's ass. But you and I, aren't so different, why should you get cheered, because you smoke weed?
Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins Sebastian-Bach-smoking-300x175

Ethan: Hrmm, it's been done thank you RVD. Or is it because you rob adult video stores?

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins Sebastian-Bach1-550x279

Ethan: I guess you're the type to take loving porn to a whole new level because you left those shelves empty. Would explain why you look so tired all the time and why your right arm is so much stronger than you're right. But all these things, especially while in front of a camera, has gotten you here.
Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins 807309.dat

Ethan: See the handcuffs under the jacket that you tried to hide from the public, I know I do.

Ethan smiles wide.

Ethan: No worries man, I don't pass judgement, it's just that you act so high and mighty, I thought these pictures of how you fuck up, would bring you down to my level. You know how you went to my "high school" while you were "reporting", and granted it was pretty funny, untrue but funny and that's what I'd expect out of you. Not many know this due to me keeping my vocabulary at four letter words but I actually liked school, I owned it, was never the jock prom king but I did end up with the prom queen at the end of the night. I'm the nightmare parents dread, the bad boy because I don't conform. You know, what you pretend to do. I mean, you were in like the high school that they showed on the old school Beverly Hills 90210. You went to high school with Tiffani Michaels, how bad could high school have been for you, you had rich people problems, the biggest problem was that you didn't have the newest car on the block, the newest cell phones. You know, except that time when you for some reason saw Tiffani Michaels in the girl's locker room crying with her panties around her ankles, and you know you just "happened" to be there. That's quite the coincedence, wouldn't you say. And you call me the pervert, hello kettle, I'm pot...and wouldn't you know it, we're both black....figuratively of course.

Ethan: Now you made some silly joke about me being special in high school, well we'll see which one of us is special when the ref has a hard time pulling my fist out of your face. I won't stop punching until my hands are soaked with your blood Griffin, this is what it's come to. This has become a rivalry of sorts, one where we are going to find out which one of us is ready for that next level, to be considered competition for today's world champion. And believe me Griffin, it will not be you. I've come too far to have you waltz in here and think that everything should be handed to you. I'm pulling the rug from under you, and I cause this all to be over.

Ethan: Griffin, in your little skit you couldn't even keep the conviction. After all those "Ethan" was picked on for being puny and skinny, and not athelethic, in the end what did you say, I'll help you out. You said that I'm a superb athelete, and for some reason you also called me a handsome devil, which was weird but it also gives reason why you haven't closed the deal with Tiffani Michaels. Now as I've talked to your bestfriend Mitch Shepard, how funny was it that he's changed his tune, because when he was confronted, he didn't say the things that he said in your promo. Isn't it funny what money and promises of being on television does to a person. So as I had him shoved against the Starbucks he was at, he confessed something I thought would never happen. He said that your room is full of Ethan Cage posters ever since you've seen my work in IWF. Now I wasn't one to believe him, but he then sent me this.

Ethan holds up a picture on his phone of a bedroom with 80's hair metal bands everywhere with a special wall that seems to be dedicated to Ethan Cage, different pictures of him in the ring doing aerial moves or posing in his hoodie vest.

Ethan: Oh, you don't believe me?

Ethan dials and then holds up his phone with the directory saying Mitch Shepard.

Voice: Hello?

Ethan hangs up.

Ethan: How else did I get the picture of your room you sicko. Let's keep this professional Griffin, I shutter to think of you even touching me, so by kicking the living shit out of you, I'll feel a lot better and maybe it'll end this crush on me that you seem to have.

Ethan: Maybe you're right, perhaps I do have a chip on my shoulder, but the reason I'm so "hostile" is because that's the way this business is, survival of the fittest. And if you thought I was hostile before, just wait until I'm done with you. I'm going to make those Saw movies look like Sesame Street when it's all said and done. When I tear apart an opponent, it's because I can, people like you who talk out of their ass without any facts whatsoever, now that's pathetic because you're just grabbing at straws to make your shitty promo watchable. Isn't it funny that you believe yourself better than me because you don't "pick apart" people, yet you "Dr Phil" me and tell everyone what you think I'm doing. Kind of hypocritical don't you think. You keep your promos surface level because you don't want us to know the real Griffin Hawkins, the depthless wonder. Either it's you that has the skeletons in the closet or it's that you are so shallow and are so dependent on this sham of being a rock star that there is nothing more to you. Maybe you as a person, are just surface level, and when you're not wrestling, you are the boringest man in the world, playing backgamen with Tifffani, watching television and maybe Draw Something with a few friends, while you wait to be relevent again at Battle Grounds...rock n roll ..yeah right.

Ethan: Not only was there "enough" of me to make it to Violent Impulse, I set a motherfucker on fire to get this match here with you, you know your leftovers. Well one of your leftovers will not stay down and is right in your face again this week and is going to take you to hell.

Ethan: I don't really care what you're here for Griffin, fame, recognition, gold that's all well and good. But you said after me, that you're going on to championship gold and from what I saw, you're fighting for gold you already have, a now dead title that you broke Alexander Remington for... what is seen by everyone but me, as an accident. I know what was going through your mind, Alexander looked down on you the way you're looking down on me. And it was him just picking and picking at the scab until you just had to put him down. And Griffin, it's your turn to be put down.

Ethan: You said that I need to prove myself against a man that's been around the block and you're referring to yourself. And that's the challenge that you've put forth in front of me and that's a challenge that I'm more than happy to accept. I have long promos, wow, that fuckin' hurts me, but tedious, hrmm if you say so but let's look upon the top right now, Stygian, Ryan Apollos. You can't be mad that I take the time to disect while you are depending on your rock n roll gimmick to get you over. I do it because this company and my career are worth the time I put into these promos. I suppose it's fun to put out crap like Jack Savage or have sex onscreen like Baron but I like to know the man I'm facing. I am like the Predator when it comes to that ring. You are depending on the past to get you over in IWF's future. Hey, I clap for what you did in the past, but as some would say, you've had your time at the top and you just want to relive the past. A hungrier man such as myself, whom you've brought up doesn't know what it's like at the top must go through a man like you to get that taste of greatness. I don't believe I'm the greatest because I say so. I believe I'm the best because of my ability and the extra mile I go through every week to put forth the absolute best promo, to put my life on the line in every match for that extra mile to win the match. That's how I live and that's how I succeed. Your promo towards me was all fluff and your meat and potatoes was the fact that you have been through it all. And maybe you have, but bigger and better than me, you said it yourself, one day here I will be the man, and you're god damned right I am.

Ethan: You may reach the top of this company Griffin, but by beating you this week, I'm telling you that you're going to have company there. This may not be for a title, but this match is definitely for my pride. You said that match was to shut me up, and maybe it did, but it was only for a second because I am a man. I don't lie down because you humbled me, I learn from my mistakes and I get my ass back into that ring and I do what I do. You see me as gutless, yet I was the one man holding you on that cage Griffin. You give me props and then in the same sentence, to fit your benefit you change your story. But on that cage I looked into your eyes, you said this was my chance to prove to be the baddest and now here is yet another chance that I made for myself because of my briefcase, because as you looked into my eyes and saw worry that you may win, I know that in mine, you saw unmatched determination. And I as well saw worry in your eyes, and that little hit on that cage was out of desperation. You will always have the fact that you've beaten me in that ring, however after this week, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I put my boot in your ass as well. I'm just making things level, 50/50 and after that, it'll be on you or fate that we face each other again.

Ethan: Here is the great part, I did try to get under your skin and in your words I sounded like a creepy pervert in reference to Tiffani Michaels. And it was yet another thing you brushed off, and had I known that you weren't as close to her as I thought, I never would've went there. I was under the impression you gave a shit about her, my bad. Now I see that to you, she's just another ring rat that made herself a wrestler. Or is it that I really did get under your skin and that gave you the fortitude to beat me. Who knows and who cares, I beat the shit out of that little girl and I made her feel pain that she will never recover from. Now it's your turn, you see, as much as you dismiss me, you made a claim that since you beat me you've proven yourself to be the best. Is that right, well come Battle Grounds I'm going to make it one and one and then we'll see who's best. I'm going to make you question yourself, I'm going to put the fear of God into you and I'm going to Hit the Lights on you again, and this time bitch, you're going to stay down....for at least three seconds to be exact.

Rayne pops up from the water, she slides her hair back and then looks at the camera along with Ethan...until the camera fades to....

-Black-
Back to top Go down

Ethan Cage [vs.] Griffin Hawkins
Page 1 of 1