Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage Empty
PostSubject: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 am

[INSERT FUNNY COMMENT HERE]
Back to top Go down
Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 pm

(OOC Note - The following is a dream sequence.)

The old west. Where the meanest lowdown dirty snakes would take up residence. This small town had many friendly faces..and some not so friendly. Whenever there was trouble they called me up..The Sheriff. I sit in my office, polishing my six string shooter when my door flies open and I see my trusted deputy come storming right in.

Mitch Shepard - Sheriff! Ethan Cage is back!

I immediately take my feet off the desk and look at him with confusion.

Griffin Hawkins - Are you sure? I thought he left town!

Mitch Shepard - I did too Sheriff..but apparently he's back..and he's calling you out.

In the old west..whenever someone calls you out for a gunfight...you either go out and accepted it..or be called yellow. I guess you don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess what decision I made. I strapped on my gun belt and made my way out of the tiny office. I went onto the dusty road among the general store and saloon. Many people in town came out and watched was about to go down as some watched from the safety of the window. The hot sun burned down on me as Ethan Cage was on the far end in a black cowboy hat and a long coat.

Griffin Hawkins - Ethan Cage...long time no see...

Ethan Cage - Not long enough. Guess you heard me callin' you out Sheriff.

Griffin Hawkins - I'm a man..I don't back down from any challenge. Last I heard..you got on your horse and rode outta town when I became Sheriff..

Ethan Cage - The title of Sheriff should be mine! I deserve it more than anyone!

I couldn't help but smirk at his arrogance.

Griffin Hawkins - You are one dumb son of a bitch. You could have become a Sheriff but you ran from it all. And now suddenly you want to become Sheriff again?

Ethan Cage - That was then..and this is now Sheriff Hawkins...I want your title..

Griffin Hawkins - Well..there's only one way to get it..

We both nodded and pulled out our guns. We both fired at the same time as everyone looked on in shock...but it was me who fell to the ground. Ethan was still standing. He smirked and walked over to my now soon to be corpse.

Ethan Cage - Looks like you lose...

With a wide smile, he pulls the trigger and the last thing I see is the bullet that comes from the gun..into my skull.

-----------------------------------------------------------

~*A Night Between Friends*~

The night after Battlegrounds went off the air, me and Taylor went out to celebrate our win. So we headed out into the local bar, Taylor was talking about her day but I really wasn't into it to be honest. What had happened to Tiffani really had me thinking as I sipped my beer. Everyone around me seemed to be having fun...except for me. I didn't want to be a damper to be lost in thought as he sips a bottle of his beer. I snap out of it as Taylor calls my name.

Taylor Michaels - Hey, Griffin?

Griffin Hawkins - Huh?..Oh..sorry.

Taylor Michaels - Are you doing okay in there?

Griffin Hawkins - Uh..yeah I guess so.

Taylor Michaels - Are you sure about that?

Griffin Hawkins - Well..its about tonight. Look don't get me wrong, I think Tiffani has completely lost her mind as of late, but I can't help but feel bad about what happened to her, getting attacked from behind by that Raggedy Ann Blow Up doll.

It was true that while I was angry with Tiffani..I still cared about her. Nobody deserves what happened to her. Megan's intention was to end her career.

Taylor Michaels - That's normal of you to feel bad.

Griffin Hawkins - Though I'm kind of conflicted. I wanted her to see for herself that everything she does has a consequence...but not like this.

[color=deeppink]Taylor Michaels - You're not to blame for what happened, maybe some time away from all this will do her some good.[color]

Griffin Hawkins - She has no other choice. If anything..she made her decisions..and now she has to pay for it. She brought this on herself. Maybe time away will give her a chance to reflect on her actions as of late..and grow up.

Taylor Michaels - Exactly, a little time to reflect might be all that she needs.

Griffin Hawkins - I agree..but this isn't about her, it's about us celebrating. My first match under your watch was a success, I think I managed to freak Steel out with all that KISS makeup and theatrics.

I definitely had fun dressing as a member of KISS. Taylor looked to be happy with it as well as she laughed.

Taylor Michaels - It was definitely a fun time to be out there tonight.

Griffin Hawkins - I really enjoy having you out there...even if those vultures in the media like TMZ keep insinuating there's something between us. It's like we can't even go out in public without being put under a microscope.

A lot have been asking about us lately. Griffin Hawkins and Taylor Michaels has been the talk of the town..but secretly I enjoyed the attention. Taylor shrugged it off as she took a sip of her beer.

Taylor Michaels - You worry too much about what other people think, just forget about it, let them talk.

Griffin Hawkins - You're probably right, anyways, is Tyson coming? You did say he'd be here right?

Taylor Michaels - Oh..yeah...he pulled out. He's busy.

I sigh as I look down at my bottle. He has really been letting her down a lot as of late.
Griffin Hawkins - Again?..Jesus, he's been busy for so long.

Taylor Michaels - Don't worry about it, okay?

Griffin Hawkins - Sorry..I don't mean to pry.

Taylor Michaels - You're not prying, these things just happen.

Griffin Hawkins - Well, if it makes you feel any better, I do appreciate you being here.

She gave me a small smile as she looked up at me.

Taylor Michaels - I'm glad I could be here too.

Griffin Hawkins - I think Bryce is growing on me, once he learned to stop pulling my hair...he really has taken a shine to me.

Taylor Michaels - He's just at that age where he likes to pull on anyone with long hair.

Griffin Hawkins - I seriously hope he grows out of that phase...

Taylor Michaels - They all do, it's a normal baby phase.

Griffin Hawkins - Well maybe we'll see for ourselves tomorrow, I was thinking of us three going for a walk in the park tomorrow morning.

Taylor Michaels - Sure, that sounds like a great idea.

Griffin Hawkins - I really look forward to it, for now you should stay by my side..I do have a reputation of not knowing when to stop when I drink..

Taylor Michaels - I'll make sure to put a limit on you.

[color=yellow]Griffin Hawkins - I'm sure you'll know when I start dancing on tables singing showtunes..its time for us to go.

Taylor laughs at the mere mention of it.

Taylor Michaels - That should be a sight to see.

We continued to talk as we sat there. I was going through a tough time and I needed a friend to help me through it. Taylor was indeed someone I could talk to about anything..I just wish she knew what I was really feeling for her..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*Armed For Battle*~

Ever since I was a kid, I had some vivid dreams. For what reason, I don't know. It's been the same beginning and the same result at the end. Me fighting some undead warriors in some kind of temple. I didn't start having them until a few weeks ago. I attributed it to eating a bad burrito or something and just dismissed it. If I told anyone my dreams, I would probably be put in a psych ward or something. After a long night with my band performing in the arena down the road, I wanted to unwind and relax. I made it back to my hotel room and plopped on the bed. I look up at the hotel ceiling, deciding to rest my eyes for a little. My eyes get heavier and heavier until I drift off into a deep sleep.

I wake up on what looks to be deserted land as far as the eye can see. I have no clue how I got here or why I am here. The sky above me looks to be going to sunset..leaving it an eerie red. I look at my feet, expecting boots, but there looks to be armor. On my gloves look to be blood. It feels like I'm in A Knight's Tale or something. I can hear a Scottish voice behind me calling out to me.

"My Lord! Permission to speak?!"

I quickly turn to see a soldier with short red hair and and a long beard to match. He seemed to have blood on his armor as well. As if on instinct, I speak to him...suddenly my voice sounds Scottish as well.

Griffin Hawkins - Permission granted Rufus..

How did I know his name?..And why is my voice different?

Rufus Stone - We have evacuated the village, every man woman and child who shouldn't be fighting have been taken to safety.

Griffin Hawkins - Excellent work! We wouldn't want any innocent people slaughtered in this battle.

Rufus Stone - Sir..many are wondering if this plan is a little brash, facing the enemy head on..we should find somewhere to regroup and plan our next strategy.

Griffin Hawkins - Brash!? Are you daft lad?! We can't turn back now! The enemy is close and we must prepare ourselves for battle. Our friends, family and loved ones at home are counting on us to keep them safe. What would we be if we abandoned them now? We'd be cowards. We cannot afford to turn back Rufus..we have to stay and fight.

I didn't know what the hell was going on. It felt like I was watching myself in some kind of movie. I had virtually no control in what was going on. The brave soldier nods to me.

Rufus Stone - You are absolutely right my liege..we will stand and fight until the battle is done.

Griffin Hawkins - That's just what I want to hear Rufus. When this is over..we'll go down as heroes in the annuls of time..

Rufus Stone - Lets win this for our people..

I give him a nod as he goes towards the others. I take out my sword, drenched in blood after the previous battle. I know the battle at hand thats coming. I am prepared for it.

That night, as the moon rises, I hear the sounds of horses galloping off in the distance of the battlefield. I knew for sure what was to come..the impending battle. I get on my horse and draw my sword. My men behind me who are also on horseback are ready. In the far distance there looks to be a huge swarm of men on battlefield coming towards us. I raise my sword and call out..

Griffin Hawkins - Onward!!

With that battle cry we all go into war. Our horses were charging across the battlefield as we had our swords out. The enemies on horseback were getting closer and closer. Upon closer inspection, the men on horseback seemed to have odd colored skin, green skin. Sharp teeth stuck out of their mouths as their yellow cat like eyes glared at us. We were definitely set to clash.

Then I woke up..

I immediately sit up and I am back in my hotel room. What the hell was that? I look over to the clock...7:00 AM. It was only a dream..but I haven't had a dream like that since I was a kid. It was the same result every time. But why was I having these dreams? It had to mean something. The sunlight peered into my hotel room, blinding me almost as I get out of bed, clad in a Motley Crue T-Shirt and Scooby Doo Boxers and head to the bathroom for a shower. I don't know what that dream was for..but somehow I had to find answers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~*In the Eyes of Righteousness*~

Usually, Religion and myself don't mix. Well, I do believe in God..but other than that, thats all their is.
I am a firm believer in faith...there's always someone watching over us. So I decided to take the camera crew over to the Cathedral of Basilica..one of the largest Churches in all of Missouri. As they went inside, they noticed many in their seats. I was at the front, giving a silent prayer. The camera man didn't hear me speaking as he was far away. Many others were saying prayers as well. Soon, I make the sign of the cross as I get up off my knees. I walk down the long isle leading towards the door. The camera man keeps everything on me as the sunlight touches me. I'm dressed in usual wear, A long white buttoned down shirt and black leather pants.

"Everyone has faith in something. Some believe in God..Allah..some even the Devil. Many scoff thinking that there is no God. They don't think there is a God. After all, to them..if there is a God..why would he allow horrible things to happen to them over and over again? Why would he bring upon much misfortune? But those who do believe things happen for a reason and they take it in stride. But if there is one thing that many have to look out for...its false prophets. Those who are deceivers...a Wolf in sheep's clothing. They will say what you want to hear and not believe it themselves. In Insurgency..there are many false prophets who will lie to you and take you for a fool. One especially...is the man who I look across the ring as my enemy..."

Somehow..I knew I would meet my rival in the ring again. When he returned he made it obvious that he wanted to be a Champion again.

"Ethan Cage is the perfect example of a false prophet. A man who goes around spewing nothing but lies and acting as if he was God like. But the last time we met...I proved his God status was nothing more than a facade. And now he returns to the promised land to find what he once was. But if he has the same battle plan..his problems aren't going to go away, they are just going to get worse and worse. Because with Ethan Cage, he likes to think that he is better than everyone on this roster. When he held that Championship Briefcase..he thought he was God's gift to the Wrestling world. He thought that he was going to be the next big Superstar on the rise. But it was his second loss to me that changed everything.."

The cross around my neck gleams in the sunlight. Ethan Cage had to be watching, hanging onto my every word..likely looking to use them against me.

"What did you do Ethan?..You ran away. You ran away from it all. You left the company that you said you would climb the ladder and reach the top of. Why did you leave? Simple..because like all false prophets...you're a coward. You realized with me on the roster..your days as the number one guy in the company are over. You can claim you were "injured" and couldn't fight me in our 3 Way Dance..but many have fought hurt before. Even so..after you recovered from your injuries, you could have came back and challenged me for the briefcase..but you chose not to. Because you realized that out of everyone in this company..you're up against the man who has your number. You're up against the man who proved you're not invincible. And now you come back thinking you're going to take back everything that you think was stolen from you. But the more things change..the more they stay the same Ethan. Because I have come too far in my career to be stopped by some arrogant douchebag like you."

Cage obviously hasn't learned from before. He still has that chip on his shoulder like he is better than everyone else.

"You see Cage..when you walked out on IWF..you not only disrespected me..but you disrespected every fan..every official, every man and woman in that Insurgency Locker Room who put on a pair of boots and go out there and put their body on the line. Before you talked about how I don't belong in Insurgency when the cold hard reality of it all is..is that you don't belong in Insurgency. Why? Because you're a quitter. When things don't go your way..you run. When this company handed you the ball...you ran with it alright..you ran all the way home. The difference between you and me is that whenever a threat to my legacy stands before me, I go out there to that ring and fight. Whenever a threat to your legacy comes forth..you take the easy way out and go home. What's going to happen when you lose to me again for the third time? Are you going to go home again? Are you going to get up and make another excuse to why you can't go back to the ring?"

It really wouldn't surprise me if he did walk out on the company again....

"You know what your problem is Ethan? You seem to think that this company owes you something. You think the whole IWF itself should automatically get down and kiss your ass just because you're the "future" of this sport. I'll give you one thing kid..you're a hell of an athlete..but your only weakness is your ego. That's what cost you our matches together when we fought in that ring months ago. You looked at me as some guy who would just follow Stygian around and you didn't think that I would make it in this company..but as you can see...you were wrong. In fact if you look on the polls on IWF.com..you would see that I am in the running for Newcomer of the Year while your votes are.....2. I'm guessing you and your momma probably voted you in.."

It did sound cocky..but it was true. I wanted to make an impact in Insurgency in any way possible and I have done more than that.

"The same thing is going to happen over and over every time you get in the ring with me Ethan. I am going to beat you down..and you're going to underestimate me just like you always do. See, I got you all figured out..I have your number. I'm the one guy in this company that you just can't figure out. Ever since you came back, you've done nothing but cry. You talked all about how I went on with the briefcase and how my reign would last only a month. It sounds like you're just crying sour grapes because I was the guy who took your briefcase and went out and did what you didn't have the balls to do and cashed in my title shot. And now I am the Champion..while you're just on the bottom facing scrubs and mid carders. Your 15 minutes of fame are over kid..you need to realize once and for all that you can't beat me and that I am better than you."

I look back at the Church, thinking on everything that has happened in the last few months.

"You come back looking for redemption. You come back looking to reclaim what you think is rightfully yours. But I think everyone has seen this movie and they know the ending Ethan. They know that up against me...you can't beat me. So you can dig up whatever unflattering pictures of me..or hire impersonators to act like me..thats all fine and dandy. Because it's all a facade. You do all that because you're afraid of me. You know for a fact that you can't beat me physically..so you want to do so mentally..which you obviously fall short in. At Battlegrounds you will pay for your sins.
I just hope God will forgive me for the horrors that I put you through. You want my Gold..I know you do...but you'll have to kill me to get it. May God have mercy on your soul....for I won't"

I clutch my cross before walking away from the church, brimming with confidence.
Back to top Go down

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Ethan Cage
Page 1 of 1