Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ascension Feedback

Go down 
+7
Flex Johnson
Gordon Fury
Storming Raven
John Tolly
JHawk
P
BMac
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 am

We haven't done a legit feedback thread in some time. I'm changing that today.

Give us your thoughts on Ascension. Just go through it and give your thoughts on how it was written, how well we did, etc. Let us know any errors you saw, or any suggestions you might have. Contrary to what some of you might think, we are very open to suggestions and constructive criticism. We're not perfect, and if we don't get any feedback, we'll never improve. We want to improve. Especially since we have some new match writers lately.

Alright so I expect everyone to leave feedback. I don't want to hear some bullshit about "oh i dont feel comfortable giving feedback on how others write shit" No fuck that. WE ARE ASKING YOU FOR FEEDBACK. We WANT to hear what you think. We spend hours busting our asses writing the show, the least you could do is give us feedback right? Doesn't have to be long (although the more detail, the more appreciated we feel Razz )

But yeah, please everyone leave feedback, or I will be one unhappy panda. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 am

I think the show was awesome. I think everything was timely. I still apologize for me being late with the main event but it was almost a pain in theass due to entrances and coding. I just think we're slowly improving on time. We just need to keep it up and make sure we have enough time between deadline and match writing deadline.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

Parker will say this much, it is Wednesday morning, and the show... a fucking PPV no less... is already up. You guys fucking nailed it this week getting it up on what I assume was late Tuesday night. Normally it is a struggle to get normal shows up by then. To say that Parker was surprised to see it posted in its entirety this morning would be an understatement.

Problems:

-Parker was told he didn't win the tag titles from The Empire.... so Parker was disappointed.
-Maybe a little disappointed that two of the big matches on the card were squashes... that isn't your alls fault though.
-You messed up the coding on the Ascension match thing....

-Not necessarily a problem, but the Ascension match felt short.

Good things:

-So the tag match that wasn't Parkers was simply amazing. Parker enjoyed the hell out of reading it, even though he knew who was going to win before he started reading it. It was a great read.
Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm

I tried to make it as long as I could. I didnt want the match to really drag on to be honest.
Back to top Go down
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm

shits proper
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

So far one person has given feedback. This is disappointing. When I said everyone give feedback, I meant everyone.

Everyone has until tomorrow morning to post feedback. It can even be like 3 sentences. Just some acknowledgement that you read the show and enjoyed it. If you have any suggestions to add, please put them

Failure to leave feedback by tomorrow morning (barring some extreme issue) will result in a chatbox ban until you leave feedback. Thank you
Back to top Go down
John Tolly

John Tolly

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-3-0
Alignment: In Between

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

good show over all, I was a little dissapointed the fact that i didnt win but still good show
Back to top Go down
Storming Raven

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 10-0-2

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Great show. I did notice some coding errors in my match, but that's no big deal.
Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

the matches were for the most part enjoyable to read, I kinda felt the main event match was a tad too short considering the amount of talent that was in the ring and the overall scope of the match. Like the match could have benifit from having some more "holy shit" moments and perhaps some more interaction from some of the lesser guys to give them the benifit of the doubt that they might have a slight chance of victory but this is mearly a nit pick. The tag match between Gordon/Blyss and Baron/Molly was very well done and to be honest I'm amazed that Baron got the amount of offense that he did I mean he mainly just served as a tackling dummy (which was somewhat my fault seeing how I didn't manage my time very well and had less than an hour to post something.) The reveal of parker as Steel's tag partner was mainly a given and the fact that he showed up to "save the day" was a bit out of character but nessicary in the sense that it serves the purpose it needed to serve. The match between Griff and Philip was somewhat of a letdown even though I like much of the action but i dont know, I guess I keep forgetting that these guys are fighting onto of a scaffold and half the time it didn't even seem like that. Might just be me that feels this way but regardless it wasent much of a distraction though granted it did leave out some moments that could of added to the overall quality of the match (like have someone do a cliffhanger or some shit.) the segment with Tim, Bmac and Chuck drunkly singing I want it that way was just one of the randomist things I've ever read and by far the funniest. What purpose did it serve? None it was just there to give us a repreive from the action and it did just that.

There's my feedback, take it for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

I have no complaints. I didn't win but that's okay. The fact that this ppv was posted on a Tuesday is enough for me. Last week things were out on a Wednesday. So that's a good thing.

Keep up the great worker fuckers.

- CS
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Ok I may be a tad biased here (and by a tad I mean a whole fuck ton), but I thought this event was fucking awesome. I mean putting the fact that I want to name my first born child after Brandon aside, I agree that getting the show up as early as you guys did was a little unexpected, but awesome to see.

I will admit that after our tag match the two matches after them seemed a little bit meh, but the world title match I understand why, and Eric was under the pump to get the Ladder match done, so its not a massive issue by any means.

Also, THE MOTHER FUCKING BACKSTREET BOYS! Nough said.

Well fucking done fellas, keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Here are my thoughts:

1. The Jaci/Megan&Roxy match was a little disappointing. I say this because Megan actually put up a competitive RP; however, match reads a bit like a squash. Now, I understand that Roxy no-showed, that was probably the reason why the match was so short. But, if I were Jaci or Megan, I'd feel slighted.

2. The Mix-tag=EPIC

3(a). The ladder match had some minor coding error--but Eric was under time pressure so it's understandable. But, let's stay on this match for bit. Shout out to Eric; he said it was going to be good. To his credit, I'd say it was very good.

3(b). I do have a slight personal issue with this match. Maybe I'm blind or something, but I searched the word "Flex," and in the ladder match he didn't have one lick of offense. I think the only positive thing Flex did the whole match was grab a ladder.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but that foolishness is unacceptable. I wasn't expecting to win. Nonetheless, I put up a competitive RP, and and I expect my hard work to be compensated in the match. Also, as stated before, the "non-winners" had very little interaction in the match, minus getting beat down.

Unacceptable.

4. Timeliness: You all are doing better in this area, good job.
Back to top Go down
The Propaganda

The Propaganda

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:48 pm

1.Mixed tag match, Bmac once again you wrote a show stealing match

2. Figgy was in a seg! Awesome. Figgy was drunk in a seg Awesome squared. Figgy was drunk in a seg whil singing BSB. Awesome cubed

3. Main event as it has been pointed out was a bit lacking. I understand that matches such as those I it is hard to give every one offense. When ever I did those types of matches I made sure every person got at least one to two good paragraphs of offence. Downside it did make the match look more like a highlight reel than an actual match

4. Tiny nitpick but I was disappointed in the lack of variety of the crowd signs. I understand there was a world title match. But four signs saying "Fuck phil" Boring.
Back to top Go down
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

The show was well written. Anything that involves Blyss or Molly is awesome. Best roleplayers in the fed currently and not surprisingly, they get the best written match each week.

The ladder match could have been more detailed and I feel for Flex who was barely mentioned. The voting for the ladder match was off IMO...I think Storming Raven got hosed.

Real good show though.
Back to top Go down
Jack Savage

Jack Savage

Wrestler Stats
Alignment: Heel

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Okay there where codding problems in the ladder match and i felt it was to strange and to predictable who was going to get what brife case some of the people should have been in the match longer. Like Cage for example
Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm sorry... I was focused on getting the show up on time. Okay, in a clusterfuck match you're not always going to get what you want. Simple as that. That being said... I don't appreciate people bitching about the voting. Okay, some people's roleplays were better than others, biased or not. I don't care if you're a certain person's friend or not. Fact is, the voting sticks. Everyone has their own way of voting. On the critcism of my match writing.... I was kind of in a rush to get the ladder match done. I wanted it up before midnight my time. And I think i got it up by that time. Okay. I didnt want to drag it on. Sorry if you people like matches that drag on and on and it doesnt seem like it'll end any time soon. That's basically what a clusterfuck is. And.. you do not know how hard it is to include offense for every single person. So maybe take the time to think about that.
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Eric, I know you had to rush to put up the main event so coding errors are forgiven. To me, this isn't much of an issue because all we wanna read are the results anyways. And about the match itself, I understand the concern from the competitors about not giving enough offense and all and I'm sorry, Eric, I agree with this. But it WAS a huge match and I also understand it's hard to write with 9 competitors. So I don't know, something to think about here for all match writers, not just Eric.

As for the opening match, I agree with Flex. Megan still posted her RP and she could still be given something more in the fight. As for the IWF championship, it doesn't feel as strong as the mixed tag which is kinda weird cos it's the IWF title after all. I don't know maybe because it followed the mixed tag that was just so fan-fucking-tastic? Biased? Yeah possibly. Lol Great job for the mixed tag match by the way.

All in all, the show is a very good one. And that BSB segment, I so did NOT expect it like I said in the chatbox yesterday. But that's still awesome. Hehe. And kudos for putting everything up quick. Thanks to all show writers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ascension Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ascension Feedback   Ascension Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ascension Feedback
Page 1 of 1