Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chicago

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I’d arrived in town just a few hours ago on my way too long plane ride in. I’d never been to Chicago before, it was new for me. I wanted to go out on the town, but then again I didn’t have anyone to do that with and I didn’t want to seem like the biggest loner in the world going to see Chicago all on my own. But the good part was that the company was paying for my hotel room. I’m sure that it wasn’t going to be most expensive looking room ever, after all I am on the ‘Underground’ roster for a reason and they’d call it ‘Mainstream’ if they were going to pretend it was there big show. I wasn’t expecting much to be honest; after all I was the new girl here in the IWF. Heck, I was left off the card a week after I joined up because what they told me was lack of room on the card. I understood, nobody was clamoring to see me out there. But that just gave me more time to adjust to the show, I felt like a fan with a V.I.P. pass in the backstage area as I watched as Nekora Ladyhawke, debuted.

The same girl who was signed after me. I understood it though; Nekora stood out and was six years my elder. Other then my oh so witty name, I didn’t have much going for me. But the good news was, as I walked into the hotel with my bags on I was out of my parents place and was just a few days away from making my debut against the oh so fitting, Nekora. That just made sense didn’t it? Obviously she had the advantage of having first match jitters out of the way, while I had the disadvantage of having not wrestled yet…Ever. But the good news was, she didn’t win her first match either which means in her head she’s got a little doubt circling around. She’s the one match veteran now, she’s older then me, and she’s the one who’s a Demoness…I didn’t have much pressure on my shoulders. I’m the eighteen year old girl, whose birthday was just a few weeks ago. I have never wrestled a match! But, I still knew the pressures, I was on ‘Underground’ to prove myself and that’s exactly what I had planned. It’s why I packed so many different outfits to stand out, so much gym gear for working out, so many shoes for…walking…I was hoping for some sort of valet service when I got out of the Taxi buttttt it appeared that everyone had arrived at the same and thus left me looking at my pile of bags in fear.

This was going to take me forever, not to mention my shot at seeing the town were pretty much out the window. I sighed and went to pick up my bags, grabbing the smallest one first hoping that maybe by the time I got back down here with everything Nekora might be nice enough to let me borrow her broom to carry them up quicker. But as I pulled up on the bag, I was greeted by a new face. I slightly waved my right hand, while struggling with the bag in my left.

Adorabelle
Hiiii.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Flex had made it into Chi-town a few hours ago. Upper management at IWF had asked him to fly down and check out this week's Underground show. His job to evaluate the match and see if there might be any breakout stars.

Flex had a cup of Starbucks coffee in his hand. He had just walked around and explored the city in the morning. He planned on doing a bit of training later on in the night. But, for now, he just planned on chilling at the hotel.

As Flex was entering the hotel he saw a young lady struggling to lift her bags.

"Hmm, that looks like that girl Shark had been talking to," said Flex to himself.

Flex walked up and was greeted by the lady.

"Hey," said Flex. "Do you need some help?"
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm

I was a little surprised to see a some what familiar face here at the hotel. Sure I’d never met him personally, but he was one of the few people that had been gracious enough to be nice to me on Twitter. He was of course Flex Johnson the same guy whom I’d oh so awkwardly asked to touch his hair and seeing it in person did not make it any less awkward nor did it make me want to touch it any less but I knew that was a bit weird. In my head I imagined him being taller, that’s not to say he still didn’t tower over me by nearly a foot but I guess he just seemed taller to me. I’d read a bit about him and watched his match last week on ‘Battleground’ he was impressive no doubt. I looked at my bags, feeling a little bad asking one of the big stars for help but at the same time I was struggling with what I considered my ‘light bag’ so if he was really willing, I wasn’t going to turn it down.

Adorabelle
I mean you really don’t have to, but if you like want to you totally can I don’t mind.

In my head I was selfishly wishing he would, but my pride was taking a bit of a hit as I waited to see if he would. As I tried my best not to look like I was struggling with the bag I currently had over my shoulder. It was nice just to see a familiar face even if it was a guy whom I’d only known through a few Tweets over the internet, though it did confuse me why one of the big stars was down here with us ‘Underground’ stars in Chicago.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:05 pm

"You're the new girl, Adorabelle right?" asked Flex as he picked up a couple of the heavier bags. "I'm Flex, nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Half of me was a little surprised he’d actually recognized me, I mean sure he’d seen my picture on Twitter but that’s a small little icon, it caught me off guard a little. I was grateful as he picked up two of the bags, seeming not to have any issues with them and they were the two I was dreading picking up the most. I started walking with him towards my room, after our little hand shake.

Adorabelle
Yeah that’s me, can call me Ava if you’d like though, either way is fine. And I already know who you are, I watched ‘Battleground’ this week, sorry about the loss by the way. But it was a great match.

I didn’t know if bringing up his loss was the best idea but I did it anyways, hoping that he wasn’t the type to get angry about it. I clicked the button for the elevator, I was on the second floor all the more reason to be grateful to have him helping me with my bags, I looked over to him as we waited on the elevator.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Maybe if it was earlier in the week, Flex might have gotten a little up set about the lose comment. But, it's the wrestling business, people lose.

Flex laughed.

"Thanks," said Flex. "Blyss can be a little tough to deal with."

Flex took a sip of coffee with his free arm.

"Speaking of matches, you have one this week right?"
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 pm

I nodded my head as the elevator reached the bottom, I moved to the side as a person got off and then the two of us got onto the elevator, nobody else was coming leaving the two of us alone on it which was a good thing cause there wasn’t much room with us and the bags as is.

Adorabelle
Indeed I do, in the Opener against Nekora Ladyhawke. My first match ever to, so little nervous…Why are you here anyways?

I didn’t want to be seen as some sort incapable rookie, nor someone that was scared about said debut. So I quickly changed the subject asking what I’d wanted to ask him from the very start, just why he was there in Chicago. Last I checked he was off to Pennsylvania for the next show of ‘Battleground’.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

"Apparently I'm supposed to do some scouting," said Flex. "Normally, I'd be at home in L.A. I've got a couple of days before before I've got to be in Pennsylvania. I'm not on the card this week, so I'll just be doing stuff backstage.

"Anyway, because of all that, management asked me to come and check out the Underground show. I'm supposed see how might be a break out star, and I probably take note of who still needs a bit or training."
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 pm

That actually made a lot of sense, why wouldn’t they have guys like Flex come down and check out the newer stars, and see what they had. He didn’t seem like the type that would put someone down for possibly coming to steal his spot. He seemed like someone who cared, I wasn’t quite sure of his age but he was clearly a veteran. I watched as the doors opened and I walked off the elevator, with him following me as an I looked at the door numbers for my room.

Adorabelle
Wow so you are going to be scouting me huh? Hopefully I can impress then.

The stakes were only higher now knowing that I had to impress Flex as well, after all who’d know more about who belonged and didn’t belong in the big show then a guy like him. I looked at the doors and realized we were just a few more rooms away from mine, as I looked back at him to see what he had to say.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Flex laughed a bit.

"Yeah, I'll be scouting you--and the rest of the roster. You know,minus a few people like Cryptic."

"But, fear not. Everyone on Underground is there to improve and get better. There is no reason to be nervous or anything; just go out there and do your best alright."

Flex adjusted the his grip on the bags. He noticed that she had quite a few of them.

"I hate to be noisy, but what's in all these bags?"
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 am

I couldn’t help but feel the need to really impress Flex this week, he was someone that I knew really had it when it came to wrestling and a guy that might be willing to help me out if I impressed him and proved myself worth the time. I laughed a little at him questioning my amount of baggage, it was admittedly a lot.

Adorabelle
Yeah...I like have a lot of clothes…Dresses, shoes, pants, shirts, ring gear, bras…ummm other stuff.

I realized I’d gone into a bit too much detail, having barely stopped myself from going into everything as we reached my room as I grabbed out my little card thingie out of my purse and used it to swipe the door, as I walked into my room with my bag.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:45 am

"I see," said Flex with a laugh. "All the essentials I suppose."

Flex gently placed Ava's bags near the closet. He then made his way back to the doorway.

"Well ma'am, did you need any other assistance?"
Back to top Go down
Adorabelle

Adorabelle

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 am

I shook my head very grateful that he was willing to help me out all the way up here with my bags, I only dreaded having to move them later on in the week when I ended up having to take them back down the elevator to the air port.

Adorabelle
That should just about do it, thanks for the help though. Hopefully I can impress you though this week and when I do maybe you can give me a few pointers afterwards?

That was after all the most important part about growth, was getting help from those that had been there before and considering it was my first match there were going to be a lot of issues I’m sure that he could help me with and since he was at this point the only person I knew, even more so now face to face then the guy whose house I am staying at.

tbc by Anyone
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicago   Chicago I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 am

"Oh of course. I'd be glad to answer any questions, or give you some pointers."

Flex turned to leave.

"See you around ma'am, and have a good match."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chicago Empty