Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Empty
PostSubject: Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord   Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

The IWF logo flashes across the screen as the scene fades into old footage from IWF’s first ever pay-per-view Demolition Day.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord RPSpacerAV

Megan O'Day:
The following is a one-fall match, and it is for the Insurgency Wrestling Federation Championship! Introducing first...hailing from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing in tonight at 250 pounds....ladies and gentlemen, COREY CASEY!!!!!

Corey slides out after Brandon. He grabs Brandon's head, smashing it into the barricade. Brandon leans heavily against it, trying to regain his footing. Corey steps back a few steps and charges, running and hitting Brandon with a spear, taking them both through the barricade.

Anna - ANTICHRIST IMP-

Chuck - Shut up! SHUT UP! NO MORE SPEARS FOR YOU COREY!

Anna - I don't see them.

"1" "2" "3"

Corey slowly starts getting to his feet, Brandon trying to stand behind him.

"4" "5" "6"

Corey slowly begins making his way to the ring. Brandon grabs his shoulder, but Corey delivers a big kick to his gut. Brandon runs forward, catching Corey by the gut. Fans move out of the way as the two crash through the chairs around the ring.

"7"

Brandon gets to his feet, trying to climb the barricade.

"8"

Corey grabs Brandon, pulling him back into the crowd, then throwing him headfirst into the barrier. He slowly pulls himself over the barrier.

"9"

Corey slowly crawls towards the ring, reaching for the apron.

"10!"

[Ding Ding]

Chuck - It's...It's a draw!

Anna - The championship remains vacated!

Megan O'Day - As a result of a double countout, this match is-

"NO!"

Megan stops, and looks towards the entrance, where Rick Christian walks out, shaking his head.

Rick Christian
This night has NOT gone the way I expected it to. I've already watched the Gentlemen ruin Chris's handicap match, and saw one of my title matches tonight wrecked by Death-Angel, and I'll be damned if my ratings suffer any further by a DRAW in the MAIN EVENT.

Chuck - Boss don't sound happy.

Anna - Nope.

Rick Christian
This match is officially being restarted. And to make sure you do it right this time, it's now going to be held with NO count outs!

Brandon slides back into the ring. He approaches Corey, lifting the bat. Corey frees his head as Brandon brings the bat down, denting the seat of the chair. Corey grabs the bat, wrenching it from Brandon's grasp, and driving it into his stomach. Brandon keels over, and Corey throws him towards the ropes. Brandon bounces back, and Corey takes him down with a drop toehold. Brandon falls, his face smacking into the chair. Corey drops, pinning him.

-1-

-2-

Brandon kicks out.

Chuck - That was so close, I think Brandon shit himself!

Anna - Neutral

Corey slowly stands, retreating to the corner. He stomps his foot.

Chuck - Is he seriously going to try this again?

The crowd cheers as Brandon rolls to his stomach, slowly pushing himself up. Corey stops stomping, and runs forward, kicking Brandon across the skull.

Anna - WHAT?

Chuck - MORE STOLEN MOVES!

Corey hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding]

Megan O'Day - Here is your winner, and the first ever IWF Champion....COREY CASEY!!!!!

Confetti begins falling from the rafters as the referee hands Corey the IWF Title. Corey stares at it, and grins, climbing the corner and raising it, to the cheers of the crowd.

Anna - I don't believe it.

Chuck - At the first Pay-Per-View, Corey Casey emerges victorious! He's defeated one of the best competitors in the world, he did it in a No-Disqualification match...and now, Corey Casey is the NEW IWF Champion! HOLY SHIT!

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_mpddw5aCh71ra6mo9o3_500

Taylor O’Day: The following match is a triple threat match, and is for the IWF World Heavyweight Championship!

Taylor O’Day: And the first challenger, from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing 250 pounds, “THE LORD” COREY CASEY!

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_m3ck8aF7gL1rthc6io5_250

Brandon Macdonald looks over at Corey Casey, who is now on his feet, holding a steel chair. Corey Casey rushes at Brandon Macdonald, holding the steel chair above his head. Brandon Macdonald kicks Corey Casey to the gut, causing him to drop the steel chair, and places him in the powerbomb position.

Rick: HERE WE GO, ANOTHER HOLY DRIVER!

Johnny: Corey Casey came out aggressive with that chair – maybe that was a bad idea!

Brandon Macdonald attempts to lift Corey Casey up, but at the last second, Corey Casey drops down and grabs Brandon Macdonald’s legs. Corey Casey drops Brandon Macdonald down onto the mat, and bridges over into a pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Brandon Macdonald kicks out.

Rick: Corey counters into a bridge pin, BUT IT’S STILL NOT ENOUGH!

Johnny: This is basically a one on one match, since Sharky just got destroyed by that mysterious man!

Both men slowly get to their feet, right next to each other. Brandon Macdonald grabs Corey Casey by the hair, and punches him with his right-hand. Corey Casey returns fire with a left-hand punch. The two men begin trading punches, with the crowd firmly on the side of Brandon Macdonald. The crowd react with each punch thrown.

“BOO!”

“YEAH!”

“BOO!”

“YEAH!”

Brandon Macdonald starts to get the upper-hand, and begins blasting Corey Casey with punch after punch. Corey Casey suddenly drops down, and hits a low blow on Brandon Macdonald. Brandon Macdonald clutches his testicles in agony.

Rick: LOW BLOW BY COREY!

Johnny: A desperation move, one that’s COMPLETELY LEGAL in this match!

Corey Casey hooks the arm of Brandon Macdonald, and slowly lifts him up. Brandon Macdonald struggles for a few moments but Corey Casey clubs him on the back. Corey Casey connects a jackhammer, driving Brandon Macdonald’s skull into the steel chair on the mat.

Rick: PURIFIER! PURIFIER! ON THE STEEL CHAIR!

Johnny: OH NO!

Corey Casey lays an arm across Brandon Macdonald’s chest.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Rick: NOT LIKE THIS!

Johnny: KICK OUT BRANDON!

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Taylor O’Day: Here is your winner, AND NEW IWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, COREY CASEY!

Rick: DAMN IT!

Johnny: COREY CASEY DEFEATS BRANDON MACDONALD AND JAMES SHARK TO BECOME THE FIRST EVER TWO-TIME IWF WORLD CHAMPION, IN ONE OF THE BEST MATCHES WE’VE EVER SEEN!

The referee kneels down and places the IWF World title belt on the chest of Corey Casey, as “White Rabbit” by Egypt Central blasts out of the PA system. Corey Casey slowly gets his bearings, and clutches the title close to his chest. James Shark, who has just crawled into the ring, looks on in disbelief and heartache.

Rick: You may not like it, you may even HATE it...but Corey Casey is world champion again!

Johnny: I think the look on Shark’s face tells it all, Rick. He knows he got screwed out of defending his title by that man in the gas mask!

Corey Casey climbs to his feet, and raises the title above his head.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_mqj3faxb8A1sc0sroo5_250

The show comes back from commercial to show the inside of the jam packed Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. All the fans are seemingly just starting to come down from the excitement of the main event. All of a sudden, the entire arena is plunged into darkness as the lights go out. Anticipation surges through the arena, so palpable you can almost cut it with a knife.

Kill me with a beat

The sound of “Do You Call My Name?” by Ra roars out of the house speakers as a single light turns on at the top of the stage. The light is shining up from beneath the entrance stage, shining upwards, casting a single lone figure in a bright light. The figure is standing with his back to the ring and is wearing a black suit coat with matching black slacks and black shoes. As the guitar riff kicks in, fireworks erupt from under the stage on either side

Some people seem to think they always know what's best for you
Their little minds try to create a world to keep you still
The bolt is thrown, the cage is locked
You saw this, don't you lie
At first you cry and then you hate those people stole your will...

Do as you are told and maybe then they'll let you out
You might be dead and cold, you might be full of doubt
Don't try to escape cuz you don't have nowhere to go
If nothing is your fate... there's no scenario
No nothing

The figure slowly turns around, revealing the smiling face of Corey Casey. There are numerous cuts and scrapes along Corey Casey’s neck and a series of stitches over Corey Casey’s right eye. Corey Casey’s entire right wrist and hand, with only Corey Casey’s fingers visible, is in a black cast which hangs from a split wrapped around Corey Casey’s neck.

Heather Thompson- Ladies and gentlemen...Making his way to the ring at this time...From South Boston, Massachusetts...He is the Chief Operating Officer of IWF...Corey Casey!

Rick- Well, there is the man who went toe to toe against the man known as “The Star Destroyer” at Ragnarok in order to defend the honor and integrity of IWF

Matt- Stygian and Corey Casey had an absolutely hellacious battle, the likes of which IWF has never seen before. At one point, when CC seemed like he was going to be forced out of this match, CC grabbed a syringe of pure adrenaline and jammed it into his leg in order to keep fighting!

Rick- Love him or hate him, Corey Casey has done so much for not only IWF…not only NLWF…but for Professional Wrestling as a whole!

Matt- If it weren’t for CC, Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald might have never even contacted each other in order to found IWF at all! I guess, in a roundabout way of speaking, if it weren’t for CC…we wouldn’t have IWF at all!

Do you call my name?
Do you stain my brain?
My eyes are blurry and I can't see you anymore
Do you call my name?
Do you breed my pain?
My heart is bloody and I can't take it anymore

Corey Casey begins to walk down the entrance ramp and toward the ring. He reaches out and slaps the outstretched hands of some of the fans on either side of the isle

So you just sit there, stuck, afraid to risk reality
Afraid to cause yourself more pain, to face insanity
But nothing ventured, nothing gained
You see... your fear's your cage
You beg for help but you're alone, stuck in a helpless rage

(it's me.... I see, please... let me out I'm petrified)

Corey Casey hops up on the ring apron and ducks in between the second and third rope as he enters the ring. He then climbs the nearest turnbuckle and holds his clenched left fist straight out to the side while keeping his right arm tightly clenched against his body

(C'mon)

Do you call my name
Do you stain my brain
Do you call my name
Do you breed my pain

Corey Casey hops down from the turnbuckle and walks across the ring to the other turnbuckle. Once again, Corey Casey climbs the turnbuckle and holds his clenched left fist straight out to the side while keeping his right arm tightly clenched against his body. After looking out over the crowd, who is whipped into a frenzy now, Corey Casey slowly climbs down from the turnbuckle and walks over to the ring ropes and motions for a microphone. The fans immediately begin to cheer before Corey Casey even has a chance to speak

“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Rick- The fans showing their appreciation for the man who has sacrificed so much for this industry

Matt- You can say what you will about Corey Casey; that he is an ass hole, that he is mentally unstable, that he thrives on being the most hated guy on the roster. But the one thing that no one can ever deny is that, at the end of the day, Corey Casey sacrificed everything he had for this business

Corey Casey nods his head as a rogue tear rolls down his cheek. Corey Casey quickly brushes the tear away as he attempts to hide it from the cameras. After clearing his throat, Corey Casey motions for the fans to settle down. The crowd falls into a hushed, respectful silence as Corey Casey brings the mic up to his lips

Corey Casey
I…I can’t even put into words how much that means to me folks…I really, truly, can’t.

The fans, once again, leap to their feet and begin to applaud loudly. Corey Casey nods his head as he looks out over the fans.

Corey Casey
5 and a half years…5 and a half years of coming out here, each and every single week, to entertain you. 5 and a half years of giving whatever promotion I was working for every single ounce of my physical, mental, and emotional well-being. I didn’t do it for the fame. I didn’t come out here each and every night and work my ass off for the Board of Directors, sitting in their meeting room back at headquarters. I didn’t come out here each and every single night and leave every ounce of myself in that ring for the money. I came out here and gave every single match every fiber of my being…for all of you.

Corey Casey motions to the crowd

Corey Casey
I gave every single match my all in order to send all of you home that night thinking “that was an amazing show…but you know what the best part was? Corey Casey delivering a massive Purifier to Stygian!” I gave it my all because, at the end of the night, I wanted to send each and every fan home with something that they will remember for the rest of their lives. That was my real goal…it wasn’t about the championships, it wasn’t about the money, it wasn’t about the glory…it was about making sure that you, as fans, remembered what you saw occur on each and every single show that you saw.

Again, the fans shower Corey Casey with applause. Corey Casey’s smile widens for a minute, but then slowly begins to falter

Corey Casey
In order to make sure that you fans had something to talk about over the water cooler the next morning though, each and every single member of the roster has to make sacrifices. The things that you see your favorite IWF superstars do in this ring night after night? It’s 110% real. We sprain ankles, we break ribs, we get our hands broken by having 7 foot giants slam casket lids down on them…

Corey Casey slightly elevates his right hand and wiggles his fingers a bit before winking at the camera

Corey Casey
In a brief side note, I just want to take this time to send a very personal message to Jason Gabriel…AKA, Stygian.

Corey Casey looks straight into the camera, a serious look on his face

Corey Casey
Stygian…I just want you to say...Thank you for giving me the match of my life.

Some of the fans boo. Corey Casey immediately looks out at the fans

Corey Casey
Don’t boo Stygian. Because honestly…Stygian showed his true colors at Ragnarok. There were several times when Stygian could’ve not only ended the match, he could’ve ended my life. Stygian could’ve stalked my fiancé and brought physical harm to my kids in the weeks leading up to our historic confrontation at Ragnarok. But he didn’t. Stygian has a honor code…Stygian has pride…he has passion. In fact, I’m going to go on record right now and say that Jason Gabriel, the man who all of you know as Stygian, will go on to not only become the face of IWF…he will, and I have no doubt in my mind about this, be a first ballot Hall of Famer when he retires

The crowd applauds and the camera shows a few fans nodding their heads as they soak in Corey Casey’s words

Corey Casey
Back to my earlier point though…each and every single member of the roster…we all had to make physical, mental and emotional sacrifices in order to provide each and every one of you with the best damn match and the best damn show we could put on. Just like every other member of the roster, I, too, sacrificed for this business. Not a lot of people know this but after NLWF closed down and before IWF was officially formed, I went to see Doctor Scott Roun at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. For those of you who don’t know Doctor Roun is one of the top spinal doctors in the country.

I had been feeling tingling and sporadic numbness in my fingers and toes for a few years after taking a particularly violent trip through the Stairway to Hell, courtesy of a certain red mohawked douche…who will remain nameless…

The boo’s of the crowd are deafening. Corey Casey chuckles as the lowers the mic and looks out at the fans. The camera zooms in on a few fans’ faces before re-focusing back on Corey Casey. Corey Casey motions once again for silence

Corey Casey
Anyways, the point is, Doctor Roun told me that I had to have major surgery in order to fuse a couple of the disks in my spine together. In the couple months in between NLWF shutting down and IWF starting back up, I rehabbed as quick as I possibly could, working my ass off to try and get back into the ring and continue to be a part of the formation of IWF. Hell, the very first episode of Battle Grounds ever, the doctors were begging me not to compete…but I couldn’t stay away!

Now, over the course of the last five and a half years, my back and spine has taken one beating after the next. However, after the brutal Hellzone match between Stygian and I at Ragnarok, I had to be stretchered out of the arena and taken to a nearby hospital for medical evaluation. The doctors told me that…

Corey Casey lowers the mic for a moment, takes a deep breath and releases it slowly, before bringing the mic back up to his lips

Corey Casey
The doctors told me that my spine had narrowed and the discs I had in my spine had been slammed together so viciously, that I can never wrestle again...

The camera instantly whips around and shows the faces of the crowd. Disbelief is etched deeply into the faces of each and every fan in attendance. The camera slowly pans back over to Corey Casey, who is pacing around in the ring

Corey Casey
Which is why, effectively as of midnight last night, I am officially retiring from in ring competition. Medical professionals have done all they can for me and have said that, should I continue on and continue to compete in the ring, it would result in my spine fully fusing shut, resulting in…well…in me dying

A few more rogue tears trickle down from Corey Casey’s eyes. Corey Casey quickly reaches up and wipes them away. Corey Casey takes a few more deep breaths before continuing on

Corey Casey
However, I just want all of you to know that just because I can’t compete in the ring, doesn’t mean you won’t ever see or hear from me again. I am retiring from in ring competition…however, I am still officially the 2/3rds majority shareholder in Insurgency Wrestling Federation. I am still the Chief Operating Officer of IWF. However…my career as a professional wrestler…is over…

The fans all stand and applaud, once again cheering loudly. Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald suddenly appear from backstage, leading the rest of the roster out onto the stage. Each and every single member of the roster is applauding as they stand on the stage. Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews both make their way down the entrance ramp and climb into the ring. Both Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews take turns embracing Corey Casey as the fans continue to cheer loudly

Time after time, as we march side-by-side
Through the valleys of evil and torturing souls,
Night after night, for the glory we fight,
In the kingdom of madness and the tales from the old.

“Cry Thunder” by Dragonforce suddenly blasts out of the house PA system as Stygian, flanked by Lilith and Lilah as always, walks out onto the stage. Stygian turns and says something to first Lilith and then Lilah, before turning his attention back to the figures in the ring.

Rick- There is the man who is heralding himself as “The Star Destroyer”…the man who effectively ended the career of not only Brandon Macdonald, but Corey Casey as well…

Matt- Stygian

Stygian walks down the entrance ramp, climbs the ring steps, and ducks into the ring. Corey Casey drops back a half a step while Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews stand firmly side by side, blocking Stygian from Corey Casey

Rick- Chuck and Brandon have never really seen eye to eye, but, for one night, they are willing to stand side by side in order to defend their friend Corey Casey

Stygian suddenly reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out a white handkerchief. Stygian waves the white cloth around and holds up his hands in a sign of surrender.

Rick- It looks like Stygian is holding up the white flag

Matt- I guess even Stygian wanted to come out here and pay his respects to the retiring Corey Casey

Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews both exchange unsure glances before reluctantly, moving to the side. Stygian walks past both men and move to Corey Casey. Stygian holds out his hand for a moment before Corey Casey clasps Stygian’s hand and the two men shake hands

Rick- Stygian and Corey Casey burying the hatchet

Matt- This is surreal!

Stygian takes Corey Casey’s left wrist and holds it aloft as the fans once again explode into cheers

“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Stygian stands alongside Corey Casey for a few more moments, holding Corey Casey’s wrist aloft before releasing Corey Casey and nodding his head. Stygian then turns, ducks out of the ring, walks up the entrance ramp, and heads backstage. Corey Casey smiles as he basks in the cheers from the fans one last time as the show slowly fades to black with the sounds of the fans chanting loudly as the screen goes black

“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“THANK YOU CASEY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

IWF HALL OF FAME - COREY CASEY

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Countdown-o

The crowd begins to get settled in their seats as an announcer comes over the speakers letting everyone know that we are less than a minute from going live. Filing down the isles everyone rushes quickly. Some with signs in hopes of that one moment of fame. Pyrotechnics lights up the stage and arena...

BOOM

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord BGSet2_zps437cc8f1

The lights hit and the IWF logo comes across the tron. The fans erupt and stand on their feet as cameras pan around. Glimpses of signs that read:

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Fans9_original

|“GORDON RULES”|“BMAC FOR CHAMP”|“THANK YOU CC”|
|“FLEX IS LEGEND”|“#WESTILL BELIEVE”|”BANANA CHAMPIONSHIP”|”UNDERGROUND”|

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord NEWBGBanner2_zpsf870d413
Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord WFC_Arial

BATTLEGROUNDS 86: ENSHRINING THE LORD
LIVE From the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA

Cutting to the announce booth Tom Foolery and Preston Poppycock sit primed and ready to being the show. As the crowd continues to cheer and fight to get their signs seen by the cameras Tom Foolery starts us off.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord BroadcastTeamFinal_zpsfe6d7f23

Tom Foolery:
WE ARE LIVE! Live from a SOLD OUT CROWD here in Philadelphia! IWF is writing checks and the Wells Fargo Center is cashing them tonight, Corey Casey the LORD the man that helped mold and sculpt this very company from the ground up will be inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame.

Preston Poppycock:
That’s right mate, Corey Casey is BACK and in action nonetheless tonight. The first time in I don’t even know ‘ow long Corey Casey will walk into the ring and wage war with an old foe.

Tom Foolery:
Not to mention we have Gordon Fury our world champion taking on Damien Drake after the two of them got into it when Gordon came to Alex’s aid. Damien Drake and Gordon Fury had words on twitter, of all places...now we’re here and now we’re going to see them fight! We’re less than a week away from IWF’s premiere pay-per-view From the Ashes, OUR Super Bowl, the one time of year where the entire world is watching.

Preston Poppycock:
Oi, couldn’t ‘ave said it better boy-o, From the Ashes is IWF’s biggest event of the year and the world ‘as been buzzing about it already. The biggest wrestling event to ever take place at Yankee Stadium.

Tom Foolery:
That’s correct Preston, the show is already sold out and as it stands it will be the largest event ever to be held at Yankee Stadium period! Quite the accomplishment for this roster and this company.

The lights in the arena, one by one slowly fade off until the entire arena sits pitch black. Tonight’s turn out is great, the arena is nearly jam packed with maybe the greatest wrestling fans ever seen to date. A buzz falls over the crowd as we sit there...waiting. Finally the lights along the tron pulsate as words begin to be spoken.

Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour.
You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything.
And to understand is to transform what is.

“Diamond” by Stick To Your Guns blares with every pulse of the song's intro, a series of bright blinding white lights flash in time. Violently, the song’s pulsating intro kicks into the hammering of guitars as wind and smoke chaotically collect, swirl and clash on the entrance stage until it engulfs the entire stage whole.

I know that what's in front of me is a reflection of what is inside of me
I see that I need to be myself because it's so lonely in the eyes of someone else
I feel
Oh I feel
Ya I feel and I always will

Every light in the arena slowly fade off except the red “exit” signs. The energy of the crowd is amazing. The lights flicker off, as the strobe lights continue to flicker throughout the arena.

I starve to leave fee from fear
To free myself, before I disappear
I am forever more than just surviving
This is my life and this life is my diamond
My time,
Your time,
Our time is running out

A few spotlights in the arena scan through the crowd. Appearing from a tunnel in the crowd Alex Dillinger stands tall with the crowd at their feet. With an arm in the air the crowd greets him with a tremendous ovation. Walking down the steps and through the crowd on a mission Dillinger makes his way to the ring...

I know you, because you're just like me
Always questioning every single thing
Never giving up without a fight
Because for you, your resistance is a way of life

Tom Foolery:
Alex Dillinger here tonight in front of the sold out crowd, black eye, stitches and all! Listen to this crowd!

Preston Poppycock:
I knew ‘e wasn’t going to stay ‘ome tonight.

The fans in the front row reach out and touch Alex as he hops over the barricade continuing to reach for him until he slides under the bottom rope. The flashing bulbs of cameras surround and overtake the ring as Alex Dillinger rises up from the mat and climbs up on the turnbuckle. Facing the hard camera, Alex pounds his chest like a BEAST. Hopping down off the rope he heads to Heather Thompson grabbing a microphone from her.

Alex Dillinger:
How’s everyone doing tonight!

*CROWD POPS*

Alex Dillinger:
Good to hear it, now tonight we’ve got an awesome show and we induct Corey Casey into the IWF Hall of Fame!

*CROWD POPS*

Alex Dillinger:
But first there are a few things I need to talk about. One being Vinnie Paulos...now I’ve heard the words being tossed around back with the recent HUGE success that the Underground has generated, so much so that they’ve almost already become much more than a developmental territory. I congratulate each and every single one of them on their hard work and determination. However it’s more than common for rookies to get big heads to moment they taste a little bit of the limelight. That’s exactly what I’ve been seeing. These guys think that just because they’re making noise on social media and are little by little winning over the fans that somehow they deserve everything that the people that’ve cut their teeth and spent years in this business already. It’s ridiculous. I refuse to be told what to do, especially by my subordinate.

*CROWD POPS*

Alex Dillinger:
The Underground is what it is...a developmental territory that we’ve allowed the fans a chance to have a glimpse at the upcoming talent. These men and women are not given the luxurious contracts that the Battlegrounds stars have because quite frankly they still need to EARN it. I’m a fair, honest and just man...if someone is talented they will make it to the Battlegrounds roster.

*CROWD POPS*

Alex Dillinger:
Now tonight isn’t just about Corey Casey, tonight we are less than one week away from FTA three. This being the last Battlegrounds before IWF’s biggest showcase of the year I will be returning to the ring...for VENGEANCE. Damien Drake and I will wage war inside of a HELL IN A CELL and I can guarantee you that he won’t walk out the same man...he won’t walk out PERIOD!

*CROWD POPS*

Alex Dillinger:
Damien Drake takes on Gordon Fury tonight and tonight I will be ringside to make sure that Damien’s new false idol Vincent Jarrod doesn’t get involved. Let’s see how you fair in an honest matchup...you’re supposed to be a “MONSTER” after all right?

*CROWD POPS*

With a shrug of his shoulders Alex Dillinger cracks a grin before dropping the microphone in the ring as his entrance music hits over the speakers.

Preston Poppycock:
Sir Dillinger making his claims that tonight we will 'ave a fair fight!

The scene opens in Corey Casey's locker room. There is a knock on the door.

Corey Casey
Come in.

An IWF worker comes in with an envelope in his hand.

IWF Worker
There is mail for you Mr. Casey.

Corey Casey
Just put it on the table and leave.

The IWF worker nods and does and Corey tells him. Corey goes and picks up the envelope. Corey studies the envelope. It is blank. Corey shrugs and opens it. Inside the envelope there is a picture with a message written on the back.

“Dear Corey Casey.

You haven’t been any kind of interesting since you were rocking those dreadlocks and guyliner. Ever since dropping that look you have been pretty much nothing but a useless sack of shit, you twat. You don’t deserve to be hall of famed because boring cripples don’t deserve shit!

Oh, and thanks for the invitation to your stupid hall of fame show.

Fuckface!

Oh and one more thing. Turn the page.”

Corey just smirks and turns the page.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Stephen-amell-arrow-season-2-begins-filming2_zpsea521768

Corey smirks and rips the picture to pieces.

Corey Casey
Stupid bird.

The camera cuts to the ring for the opening contest of the evening.

Heather Thompson
The following opening contest is scheduled for one fall!

The arena lights go out as “Feuer Frei!” By Rammstien kicks up.  A purple light fills the arena as the lyrics start.

Getadelt wird wer Schmerzen kennt
vom Feuer das die Haut verbrennt

A figure walks on stage from the back.  He is covered in a black cloak.  He stands with his arms crossed in front of him as the song continues.

Ich werf ein Licht
in mein Gesicht
Ein heißer Schrei
Feuer frei!

[Bang! Bang!

And as those words are spoken pyros go off in unison with them and the figure throws the hood of the cloak to reveal none other than Ashe Corvin.  He stands there posed as if he is the greatest person in existence.  The crowd pours hate over him and he just grins.  He slowly walks to the ring, trash talking to the fans and even a camera along the way.

Heather Thompson
Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 245 pounds… Ashe Corrrrrvvvviiinnn!

He slides into the ring and stands in the center posing once more.

Geadelt ist wer Schmerzen kennt
vom Feuer das in Lust verbrennt
Ein Funkenstoß
in ihren Schoß
Ein heißer Schrei
Feuer frei!

He spins around looking out at the crowd with a look of smug satisfaction on his face.  He holds his hands out to the side and looks up at the rafters as Pyro goes off in unison with the last words of the song heard.

[Bang! Bang!

He then goes to his corner and waits for the match to start as the lights turn off and the music cuts out, as a man stands in the center with his back to the crowd.

???
I'm......too sexy for my match.......too sexy for my match because I will win it!

The lights go back on as Jay Hot Stuff turns around, mic in his hand he's dress in a short sleeve glittery vest and loose pants that fit with his sexy looking psyche. The ladies are whooping and some even wolf whistle as Jay sings into the mic while "I'm too sexy" plays on the loud speaker.

Jay Hot Stuff
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt so sexy it hurts.

He slowly takes off his vest, putting a little show for the girls who scream in delight as he removes the vest, exposing his impressive body. He then flings the vest over his shoulder and walks down the aisle.

Jay Hot Stuff
I'm too sexy for this ramp, too sexy for this ramp that side and this side.

He points to both sides of the ramp as he says that and then dances his way towards the steel steps where he climbs up till he gets near the corner.

Jay Hot Stuff
And I'm too sexy for your ring, too sexy for your ramp the way I'm beating my foes.

He then gracefully leap over the top in one fluid motion, still holding the mic and vest in his hands.

Jay Hot Stuff
I'm an athlete, you know what I mean?

And I do my little turn on the apron, yeah on the apron, on the apron oh yeah I do my little turn on the apron.

Heather Thompson
And the opponent, from Hollywood California, weighing in at 236 pounds… Jay “Hot” Stufffff!

He then tosses the vest to the ref who then hands it to the time keeper as Jay just keeps dancing around, showing off to the crowd with half of them (mostly the women) loving it and the other half booing him but he just smirks like he doesn't give a fuck, likely because he doesn't.

Jay Hot Stuff
I'm too sexy for my opponent, too sexy for my opponent but I got to pay rent. And I'm too sexy for your titles, too sexy for your title but they look so damn good on me!

He then spins around the center of the ring.

Jay Hot Stuff
And I'm too sexy for this song!

He strikes one last pose and pyro sets off on the ringposts before he hands the mic over to the ref then he picks a corner and waits for the match to start.

SINGLES MATCH
Jay Hot Stuff
[vs]
Ashe Corvin

[DING! DING! DING!]

Both men walk to the centre of the ring, as Jay starts talking trash, motioning to himself, as Ashe just looks at him, a smirk on his face.  Jay shoves Ashe, who does not look happy.  Jay shoves him again, but gets a return right hand to the jaw for his trouble, dropping him.  Jay gets back up and Ashe drops him again with a right hand.  Ashe picks him up again and fires him into the ropes, nailing him on the rebound with a jumping back heel kick.  Ashe goes for the quick cover, but Jay kicks out at 1.  Ashe picks him back up before hitting a serious of elbow strikes, followed by a head kick, stunning Jay. Ashe irish whips Jay into the corner, before charging in after him.  Jay ducks out of the way and slides under the bottom rope at the last second, sending Ashe face first into the turnbuckle.  Jay grabs Ashe’s feet from the outside and yanks them, causing Ashe to fall on his head smacking against the mat.  Jay pulls Ashe so one leg is on either side of the ringpost, before grabbing his right leg and contorting it sideways against the ringpost.  Ashe growls in pain as the ref starts the count, Jay breaking the hold before 5.  Jay slides back into the ring and begins laying the boots into Ashe’s leg, preventing him from getting up.  He picks Ashe up and nails him with a vertical suplex, floating over for the cover.

1!

2!

Ashe kicks out just after 2.  Jay slaps Ashe across the head as he gets to his feet, before backing into a corner.  Jay charges at Ashe, but Ashe boosts Jay over him, sending Jay face first into the turnbuckle on the opposite side.  He stumbles backwards and Ashe capitalizes by hitting a back to back neckbreaker.  He goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Jay kicks out at 2.  Ashe picks up Jay, before hitting a snap vertical suplex.  Ashe grabs his knee after the move, still obviously in pain.  Both men get back up, and Ashe nails a spinning back kick to the midsection with his left leg, before backing up and nailing Jay with a famer asser.  Ashe hooks the leg.

1!

2!

Jay gets his hand up just before 3, and Ashe is getting frustrated.  He picks Jay up, and puts his head in his crotch.  Before he can hook the arms for The Glorifier, Jay throws a knee into Ashe’s right leg, causing Ashe to break the hold, then Jay almost takes his head off with a discus clothesline.  The cover!

1!

2!

Ashe fires the shoulder up again, and Jay is NOT happy.  After arguing with the ref, Jay heads to the top rope.  He measures Ashe, before leaping off the top with a leg drop, but Ashe moves at the last second!  Jay lands arse first on the canvas, and Ashe suddenly comes to life, grabbing Jay’s extending right leg, and just going to town on it.  Knees, kicks, and different holds Ashe transitions to.  Before the ref can ask Jay if he wants to quit, Ashe changes up his attack.

Tom Foolery
It doesn’t even look like Ashe is looking for the submission here.

Preston Poppycock
‘Es just lookin’ to inflict pain ‘ere Tom, and its workin’.

Jay kicks Ashe off of him, but as Jay tries to scramble to his feet, Ashe comes back in a grabs his head, spiking him with a DDT!  Ashe covers again.

1!

2!

Jay throws the shoulder up again, and now it’s Ashe’s turn to be frustrated.  As Ashe moves back in, Jay suddenly grabs his knee and motions for the ref to check on him.  He motions Ashe away as he checks on Jay, but Ashe gets impatient, shoving the ref out of the way.  As he does Jay nails Ashe with a sickening low blow, sending Ashe to his knees.

Preston Poppycock
OOOO! Right in tha daddy bags!

Tom Foolery
What a low blow by Jay, but the ref didn’t see it!

Jay uses the ropes to get to his feet, and when he does he moves into Ashe, hooking him for the Desire Driver!  He lifts Ashe up but can’t hold him, his knee giving way.  Ashe twists as he lands, with Jay’s head in his crotch, as he quickly hooks the arms, and nails him with The Glorifier!  Ashe flips him over for the cover!

Tom Foolery
Glorifier!  The Glorifier connects!

Preston Poppycock
‘E ‘its it big!  This match could be over!

1!

2!

3!

[DING! DING! DING!]

Heather Thompson
Here is your winner… Ashe Corrrrrrvvviinnn!

“Feuer Frei!” By Rammstien plays through the arena again as Ashe gets back to his feet.  The ref raises his hand as Jay rolls out of the ring.  The cameras cut away.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_mp2052ZUbe1qcm0m3o1_500
BRANDON MACDONALD SAYS WHO THE FUCK IS TONY MONTANA?
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord   Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

The lights shut off as Violence by A Day to Remember begins to play. After the intro plays pyro explodes from the stage. Ryan Apollos walks out on the stage in cargo shorts, a t-shirt and a jacket and stares out at the crowd before slowly walking down the ramp. Apollos stops at the bottom of the ramp and stares at the ring before walking over to the ring steps. Ryan enters the ring and circles the ring before climbing the turnbuckle and stares out at the crowd before getting off the turnbuckle as the music fades.

Ryan Apollos
“Well now isn’t this a surprise now. Ryan Apollos is back in an IWF ring. But before you people start making wild guesses. I’m here to discuss a little ‘event’ that’s happening tonight.”

Ryan walks over and leans over the ring ropes.

Ryan Apollos
“Corey Casey is going in the IWF Hall of Fame. Heh heh, the first thing I thought when I heard that announcement was… ‘It’s about damn time’. Of all the people to take so long to get into a Hall of Fame, I’d never expect it to be the man I’ve called both my best friend and my worst enemy at separate times during our careers. “

Ryan stops pacing and shakes his head before smiling.

Ryan Apollos
I might be sounding selfish here, I might not. But what’s gone through my mind for the past week is that there wouldn’t be a Corey Casey without Ryan Apollos, and there wouldn’t be a Ryan Apollos without Corey Casey. I know I didn’t have a career even remotely close to the kind Corey’s had, and I won’t blame people for me thinking the way I have about it. The rivalry I’ve had with him has existed for so long. It’d be criminally wrong for me to say he hasn’t played a role on my career. I’ve known that man longer than anyone in IWF. From even before IWF existed, I’ve known Corey. From NAW, to CWF, to NLWF and finally to IWF, wherever you wrestled, I was right there as well.”

Apollos stares out at the crowd as they react to his words.

Ryan Apollos
“I still remember when I approached him, before he was ‘The Lord’, and pitched an intriguing idea. That idea became the creation of The Militia, eventually we became known as Lethal Injection and the intention of Lethal Injection was to build a group that was feared, feared more than any group that came before. Sadly that vision became nothing more than a dream. Corey became tempted by the glory of a different power. Ya know, I guess I should’ve seen it coming but I didn't. I do suppose looking back at it now, what he did was probably the right idea. I mean look at who else was a part of Lethal Injection, Mark Pollak, Killer B, where are those guys now? If you guys know, go ahead and tell me, because I sure as hell don’t. I’m surprised I’m still around, especially after all the shit I’ve gone through, electrocuted, in a car wreck, buried by a False God, and yet I’m still breathing that Oxygen.”

Apollos wipes his face starts to pace back and forth again.

Ryan Apollos
“Back to the topic at hand. I might still be at odds with Casey, I’ve never forgiven him for the attempted murders of my loved ones and myself. And honestly I never will, what he’s done to my family doesn’t deserve forgiveness. But that doesn’t mean I won’t respect the accomplishments he’s made in the ring.”

Apollos stops pacing once again and looks at the camera.

Ryan Apollos
“And why I’m here tonight when I’ve been virtually non-existent since late February.  It’s because I thought I should be here for this occasion, and because I have one simple word to say to Corey Casey, a word that I bet he and so many other people never thought would come out of my mouth without some form of sarcasm or anger in the tone. It’s a word that is forcing me to swallow my pride because of the hate within me for all I’ve dealt with at the hands of Corey Casey. And that word is…”

Apollos lowers the mic and takes a deep breath before raising the mic again.

Ryan Apollos
“Congratulations. Congratulations Corey Casey. I may never know the feeling of what you have due to this, and I have myself to blame for that, but I’m still man enough to say that. You deserve this commendation more than anyone else in the back and the fact it’s taken so long for them to give you this, it’s pathetic. You should’ve been the first one in, in my mind. You’ve earned your place, and it’s got me thinking, I should try to earn mine. Maybe, just maybe, I should give it one final shot. What you are receiving tonight, has lit a fire in me and perhaps I should try shooting for that mountain top, even if my accomplishments dwarf yours in comparison, I feel as if not trying one more time maybe my ego’s way of getting back at you. At the end of the day tonight may well have given me the urge to fight, to make my career no longer seem like a complete joke. I’ve been World Champion, for a criminally short span, a One Man Tag Team Champion, an Extreme Champion, and a Rated R Champion, but those just seem like paper weights to me because of what’s occurred after every accomplishment I’ve made in my career. My focus scatters like cockroaches in the light while yours just plows through every obstacle. Now it seems like a Lethal Injection is needed in my life. Perhaps it’s time for me, to go for that club that you, Chuck, DA and Brandon now claim as home. Perhaps it’s time for Ryan Apollos, to go after the accomplishment of being a Hall of Famer. Congratulations Corey ‘fucking’ Casey, now keep a spot warm in that clubhouse, I’m coming for it.”

Apollos drops the mic and leaves the ring as Violence by ADTR plays and the screen fades to black.

The scene opens up backstage in a lit up room with James Shark sitting on a chair faced backwards. Beside the chair, on the floor is an empty bucket of KFC. As the camera pans back up towards him, he puts his finger up, motioning for the camera man to "wait" as he finishes chewing what's in his mouth.

He finishes chewing then swallows what's in his mouth before wiping his mouth with his arm, getting comfortable on the chair.

James Shark:
So yo, what I gotta do again?

There's silence on the other end but someone seems to be communicating with Shark, whispering over to him, giving him instructions.

James Shark:
Corey? Oh word, the whole hall of fame talk shit. Yo, question, about that, why this room all lit up and all that? I swear each and every other motherfucker doing this thing is in a dark room? Is it cuz I'm black? Camera won't see me? That it?

More silence from the other end before Shark raises both his hands up.

James Shark:
Okay, okay, chill. Damn, white boys behind the camera be like "shut the fuck up and do your job nigger, or we won't pay you".

He shakes his head before taking a few seconds to think about the next few words to come out of his mouth.

James Shark:
Just thinking about walking down an IWF "Hall of Fame" in the next 10 years or so and seein a photo of Corey Casey's goofy ass smile in that hall really creeps me out yo. Maybe that's cause he just creeps me out in general, like... if you actually met the dude in person and shit yall would know why. That dude is one sick motherfucker, like it's scary. This guy is a twisted fuck in the ring and out of the ring, it ain't an act, shit's for real, like he got some crazy ass horror films playin in his head that he'd like to turn into a reality. Check this shit out...

James leaned forward and reached into his pocket, pulling out a photo and showing it to the camera.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Scott+Levy

James Shark:
This the Corey Casey I met back in 2009 yo, walking into the NLWF doors for the first time, starting my career as a wrestler. The memory I got of Corey Casey was him backstage making fun of me when I started to lose. NLWF hyped me up to the moon when I debuted, but I was just a kid with no wrestling experience, the moment they fed me to the top dogs, the Shark got turned into Shark soup for real. I remember wanting to just beat the shit out of Casey, I mean look at the picture again. Long ass fruity hair, chubby motherfucker with an ugly face... these the typa dudes that got shot in my hood. I couldn't stand letting a dude who paints his toe nails and rocks a gothic-look step all over me, so we had our matches, in NLWF AND in IWF.... now... uh... haha...

Shark let out a smirk, shrugging his shoulders.

James Shark:
Of course... I got the best of the dude, defeating him not once but twice the last two times we faced off, but shit, it ain't about JAMES SHARK being BETTER than Corey Casey and it ain't about JAMES SHARK being SEXIER than Corey Casey either. What this is about... what this whole night is about... is how STUPID the IWF is to induct Mr.Bumbaclot into the Hall of Fame BEFORE ME.

He shrugged his shoulders again.

James Shark:
It's okay though, it's cool, it's all good. IWF is known to be stupid when it comes to this Hall of Fame thing... I mean, take a look at Death Angel... Syco Angel, whatever the fuck he goes by these days. He's the first person to ever be in the IWF hall of fame, and let me ask yall something...... what has he done in the IWF?

James Shark sits there waiting as if someone is actually supposed to answer the question.

James Shark:
He hasn't beaten me, he's had like what? four chances to do so? came up short, came up being knocked the fuck out on all occasions... what else has he not done? He hasn't won a Main Event match but then again, he hasn't even been in a Main Event match so that's not his fault right? Death Angel hasn't done shit for the IWF and he's in that spot. The IWF might as well induct Tim Patrick to the Hall of Fame, at least he's doing something for the IWF. The dude is running his own business in the mens washroom over by the south side of the building. He's got his own "5 Dollar Blow Job" thing going on in one of the stalls..., I remember walking in there on accident one day only to see him sucking off Ethan Cage. Such a horrible sight... kinda left me scarred, but hey! see... at least he's doing something for the company! If you add in an extra 2 bucks dude will even swallow. I'm glad to see he's doing what he has to do to make his money though, course the IWF don't pay him that much cause he just sucks. Yall seen the new IWF game? He got the lowest overall statistics with a number of 49. He's just one below Ethan Cage hahaha.

James slowly brings up his two middle fingers to the camera.

James Shark:
I'd give one finger to Timmy boy and the other to Ethan but I really feel bad for Tim's wifey running off with me... so the two fingers go for Ethan Cage. He been trying to get a match with me but he just not worthy of my greatness yall.

Suddenly, James stopped speaking, looking over at the far end of the room, it seemed like one of the camera men were trying to tell him something.

James Shark:
What? Huh? The... OHHH, right. Shit my bad, how disrespectful of me, this is supposed to be about COREY CASEY! Damn. Now I feel bad... on second thought. No, not really.

James Shark stands up and kicks the chair out of the camera's view before turning around and taking his pants off, mooning the camera.

James Shark:
Right there yo, my natural black ass. Induct it to the Hall of Fame next because guys like Death Angel and Corey Casey don't deserve to be there before me.

He pulled his pants back up and sat back down, crossing his arms and thinking about everything he just said.

James Shark:
Okay you know what? Fuck it, i'll play.

Looking at the camera, he cleared his throat.

James Shark:
Do I feel like I'm better than the psycho ass white boy? Absolutely. Do I feel like he deserves this spot though? Hell yeah. When I open my mouth and run it like no tomorrow it's because we got a lot of history me and him. This is the guy that took the IWF Championship off my hands in the first ever From The Ashes. My first ever world title, taken away from me because of Corey Casey. This is the guy who showed me how important the whole mind game thing is when he kidnapped my ex-girl Lillian, paid Dan Alexander off to beat her up and make her eat her own puke. Yeah.. her own fucking vomit, made her puke then eat it up with a tea spoon all on camera. This is what I talked about earlier, he has some twisted shit playin in his head that he so desperately tries to turn into a reality. Yall didn't hear? Dude co-directed The Human Centipede, it was actually based on a true story that him and a couple of buddies of his did in Highschool in his momma basement.

James shook his head.

James Shark:
There I go again... the whole nice thing ain't my thing, I'm sorry, especially with a dude like Casey, but on the real? Me and him weren't always at each other's throats. We had our moments, like the night me and him took on the whole IWF roster in the Main Event of one of the Battle Grounds. James Shark and Corey Casey vs the ENTIRE IWF roster man... they had no fucking chance, it was bodies flying everywhere, that was the night where the whole world opened their eyes to realize that there were only two names the meant a damn in the IWF and that was me and him. There was also that night where Corey Casey came up to me personally off camera and told me: "Shark... I know we had our differences, but knock this guy the fuck out for me" and he was refferring to Nick Ridicule the night he took me on here in my own backyard in the IWF. I did just that, after that thing went down, the dude actually bought me a bucket, nicest thing a white boy ever done did for me.

Now James let out a smile.

James Shark:
I can sit here and go on about the good and the bad, but see... I called up Sabrina Artois over from the CWF, you know... miss scat queen? Yeah, paid her 50 bucks to take big nasty shits all over Ethan Cage's locker room, she should be here by now and I want to be near the hall to hear the dude scream like a little girl, kinda like he did when Steel Angel whooped his ass. So uh... Corey Casey, my enemy, my nigga, my bitch, my homeslice... congrats on the Hall of Fame thang.. you owe me a match on my Hall of Fame Show whenever the hell IWF decides to put that out.

Shark frowned.

James Shark:
Along with the nude pictures you been promising me of Ashley Matthews you got on yo computer! Loaft ass nigga...

Now he shook his head.

James Shark:
But yeah, Sabrina Artois, Ethan Cage, Shit happens, gotta gooooooooooooo

James flashed the peace sign up to the camera before walking off set with the scene fading.

It had be a hectic week and the patience that Sah'ta Thor had shown would finally pay off. He had revealed a new Empire of Blood recruit who would show just what she was capable of. Yet this particular show would cause the world to know the time for games was over for the Empire of Blood. We come back from commercial inside of the Empire of Blood locker room as the group was deep in conversations.

Sah'ta Thor:
Savannah you ready for your match tonight?

Savannah:
Yeah, I'm ready. And don't worry, if Parker thinks Parker can break anything on me then Parker better tell Parker to get stuffed. Also Parker.

Sah'ta Thor:
I am glad to hear that the time away from the ring hasn't dulled your spirit any. I look forward to seeing you out there tonight. I know for a fact that you will show everyone that the Empire of Blood means business. Oh speaking of which, have you met Frank?

Thor nods toward Frank who was sitting a few feet away with his arms crossed over his chest. Savabbah seemed to only be half hearing, muttering something under her breath about seeing who breaks first. She then looks over at Farnk, then takes another better look.

Savannah:
I don't believe I've had the pleasure, no.

Sah'ta Thor:
Frank has been part of the group for almost a year and a half or so and has had my back that whole time. Get to know him better and you will see that he is a valuable part of the group.

Frank nods his agreement as smiles slightly. He cracks his knuckles with a grin knowing that later in the night he would be fighting for the Empire of Blood's glory.Savannah gave him her best smile.

Savannah:
Oh, I plan on getting to know him a lot better later, hon. Count on it.

Sah'ta Thor:
As fun as that may be for you I don't think he would be willing to join that game Sav. So any thoughts about your match?

Savannah snorted.

Savannah:
Plenty! Half of them are reliving the clips I watched of his past handiwork. Can't believe that the IWF would feed him 120 pounders who looked more like they belonged on one of those teen reality shows! The other half? Me thinking of what I can do to him if I get the chance.

Sah'ta Thor:
Well don't completely destroy him Sav. I need him in fighting shape for next week.

Frank chuckles slightly as he listens to the conversation.Savannah smiled.

Savannah:
Okay, no breaky the bastard. But he's goin' into next week with one hell of a limp!

Sah'ta Thor:
Sounds good to me. Now I think your match is about to start Sav.

Savannah got up and left the locker area for the entrance ramp- a determined look on her face.

Heather Thompson:
The following match is scheduled for one fall!

All the lights in the arena go out, save one green spotlight aimed down at the middle of the stage.

Before I....
Take another minute just to give everybody a move
Never seen, I'ma hit 'em with another(Elbow)
Let me get up everybody
That be movin' with Travis Barker
On your mark, so ya ready?(Let's go)

Parker rips the curtain to the side and steps out onto the stage. He stops for a moment in the spotlight and surveys the audience and their reaction to his presence.

Wow, okay, here we go again
You see the wind I'm blowin' in and I'm like a manglin'
The way that I'd be manglin' the beat, they call me Dracula
Then they see the fangs goin' in
Wow, uh huh
Everybody know that I'ma come and I'ma go, huh
Then I gotta do what I be comin' in to do
A body to the beat
In other way, we givin' them a show

The shade of green that had painted the stage lights the sides of the entrance ramp as Parker starts to head down to the ring. Some of the fans taunt him as he walks down the ramp, while others hold out their hands for Parker to slap. Both groups of people get ignored as Parker has only the ring in his sight.

Keys to the ignition and step on the gas
(Let's go)
And bust a bottle and pour me a shot in my glass
(Let's go)

Heather Thompson:
Introducing first from Winston-Salem, NC...

As he reaches ringside Parker turns towards the ring steps to his left and heads up them at a brisk pace. Upon reaching the apron he stops and looks out into the crowd again, possibly reading all of the signs being waved around by the fans.

Where we at, where we at, where we at?
And we back up in the building
And we coming with a scorcher
Y'all already know who it is, it's Busta Bust and Travis Barker
Back to the beat, see we gotta go
When we hit the fire trucks, everybody better know
That we 'bout to let it blow
And we gotta get it yo, everybody if you're wheelin' wit me(Let's go)

Parker steps over the middle rope and ducks under the top rope, stepping into the ring. As he steps to the center of the ring he tilts his head to the side and cracks his neck before staring up the entrance ramp waiting for tonight's victim.

Hey, let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go

Heather Thompson:
Weighing at 272 pounds….he is Parker Wayde!

Tom Foolery
Parker Wayde has been very vocal about his disdain for the Empire of Blood and in particular Sah’ta Thor.

Preston Poppycock
Oi Parker is a mean bastard.

Fetid simulation
of this wretched congregation
Disciples of the fallen and the heretic will rise

The entrance ramp to the Battlegrounds' ring is bathed in an eerie green light as "Parasitic" by Psyclon Nine plays over the PA.

Narcissistic nation
Severed tongues of blind dictation
The serpent spoke this unto me through gilded light and lunacy

Heather Thompson:
And to introduce his opponent...special ring announcer Astryd Thorn!

From the backstage area walks a gothic beauty in a modern corset and skirt combo. The green light giving her pale skin a sickly glow. She stops at the top of the ramp and lifts a microphone to her lips.

Tom Foolery
From what I understand is that odd looking creature is Thor’s daughter.

Preston Poppycock
She looks fun to shag.

Astryd Thorn:
Representing The Empire of Blood, from Sin City, Las Vegas Nevada.

Savannah appears onstage.

Taste the fury
That feed the devils inside
Fueled by torment
Sin, sex, sickness and pride

Parasite submission
Parasitic condition
Parasite slave culture
Parasite it's over

Astryd Thorn:
Ladies and gentlemen, the Wild Cat, SAVANNNNAAAAHH!!

Her mind's obviously on the hard task ahead. She steps up to the ring then steps and into the ring, takes a neutral corner, and stares down her opponent, ready to fight.

SINGLES MATCH
Parker Wayde
[vs]
Savannah

[DING DING DING]

The bell signaling the start of this match rings and Savannah wastes no time in getting to work as she hits Parker with a series of rapid jabs to his gut and up chest. As Parker moves to react Savannah suddenly launches into roundhouse kick that catches him in the side of the head. Parker stumbles back a few steps as Savannah drops to the mat.

Tom Foolery
Parker is dazed with that kick.

Preston Poppycock
Savannah knows ‘ow to fight, she’s proving that right away.

While Savannah is getting back to her feet Parker is clearing his head. Parker manages to grab Savannah and then lifts her up in a bear hug which pulls her closes. Parker starts to smile as he throws her behind him in a release german suplex. As she hits the mat Parker starts to strut a bit in what is evidently him gloating about his show of strength. Parker drops down for a pin attempt but Savannah kicks out before he locks it in.

Tom Foolery
Savannah not ready to give up just yet.

Preston Poppycock
Not even a little bit at all.

Savannah who wasn't known for backing down in a fight grabs at Parker's ankle. She grabs it and locks in an Achilles tendon hold but Parker uses his size advantage to force a ring break. Both wrestlers get back to their feet and stare each other down. All of a sudden there is a commotion at the top of the ramp where we see Sah'ta Thor come out and set up a steel chair. He sets the chair and sits down with a strange smirk on his face as he settles into watch the match.

Tom Foolery
I’m not sure what Thor’s doing out here.

Preston Poppycock
Um pretty obvious aint it? Block’ead.

Both wrestlers in the ring take notice of Thor's arrival and react to it. Savannah gets a more determined look in her eyes as she gets more focused on finding an opening to take Parker down. Parker meanwhile seems to also get more focused as he takes on a predatory look. Parker moves first grabbing Savannah and sending her into the ropes with a brutal Irish whip. As she hits the ring post Parker rushes forward to grab her in another grapple. Before Savannah can react she is hit with a brainbuster.

Tom Foolery
Oh MY! What a brainbuster!

Preston Poppycock
I think she might be done ‘ere.

Parker poses in the ring as he looks up the ramp for the briefest of moments. As Savannah starts to stir Parker drops down and locks in a triangle choke. Savannah struggles to get out of the hold as she refuses to tap out on her first match in the IWF. She is finally able to grab the bottom rope forcing the break. Parker lets go of the hold with a snide smirk on his face before getting back to his feet. Once back on his feet he beings to strut around the ring in an attempt to play to the crowd. Meanwhile, Savannah gets back to her feet and lunges forward in spear.

Tom Foolery
She’s not done yet! That spear has Parker down on one knee!

Preston Poppycock
And this aint no proposal boy-o!

The spear connects causing Parker to stumble before dropping to a knee. Savannah follows the spear up with a roundhouse kick to the side of Parker's head which drops him to the mat. She goes for the pin attempt then suddenly stops. She gets up and then starts to drag Parker into position in the corner then mounts the second rope. As Parker gets to his feet she launches off the rope. Parker however spots the move and side steps causing Savannah to hit the ring post. As she stumbles back Parker grabs her and hits her with Just Tap Out in the center of the ring. The is nothing that can be done as Savannah finally taps out in order to survive to fight another day.

Tom Foolery
She’s tapped out! Parker screaming in here ear to JUST-TAP-OUT and Savannah makes the wise choice to snap before the snap.

Preston Poppycock
Parker grabbed ‘er and locked it in, perfect execution.

[DING DING DING]

Heather Thompson:
The winner of this match via submission…Parker Wayde!

Parker refuses to let go of his hold and the referee finally has to pull him off of Savannah before any serious damage can be done. Parker is angry about the forced break but gets to his feet so his arm can be raised in victory.

Tom Foolery
Oh come on now is this nessecary?

Preston Poppycock
Parker broke the ‘old but ‘e isn’t pleased about it.

Meanwhile, Thor stands up and struts down to the ring slowly as if he owned the place. Thor slides into the ring and looks at Savannah with a grin. He slowly turns towards Parker and then moves forward to get into his face. As he stands there Thor lifts his hand and points to the From the Ashes banner behind Parker. After a few seconds Thor steps back and then turns to slide out of the ring. Parker makes to move after him but stops short with an amused smirk on his lips.

Tom Foolery
For a minute there I thought these two were about to go at it!

Preston Poppycock
Looks like they’re going to save it for From the Ashes!

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_mrumvxo8GA1st2k2do1_500

BLYSS, SHE'S HOT BUT SHE'LL WRECK YOUR FACE

The camera cuts backstage to Kash Carter, holding a microphone.

Kash Carter
What’s cracking homies? Your boy Kash Carter in this mug!  My guest at this time is the current World heavyweight Champ, Gordon Fury!

The camera pans to show Gordon in the shot, the World Title hanging over his shoulder.

Kash Carter
Now G-Fury, while you haven’t got an official speech for the double C Hall of Fame night, you got anything you wanted to say?

Gordon Fury
Funny you should ask, Kash, yes I do.  Corey, as is well documented, I think you are a stupid cunt.  You made my life hell from the first day I stepped foot in this company.  You abused your power at every turn, and fucked with ALOT of people.  And now, I am world champion, and you got fired.  So congratulations on getting in the Hall of Fame.  And fuck you.

Brandon Macdonald
Big words from a real big man eh?

Brandon Macdonald walks onto the screen and stands beside Gordon, grinning at him as Gordon looks on in anger.

Gordon Fury
Speaking of stupid cunts, look who it is! Brandon Macdonald. The fuck do you want?

Gordon shifts the belt’s weight on his shoulder as Brandon just smirks at him.

Brandon Macdonald
Wow, that’s so rude Gordon.  Relax. I just felt like I needed to to correct you. You meant to say “I am world champion, until Sunday where I will choke like the little bitch that I am and lose it to the greatest wrestler IWF has ever known”.

Gordon Fury
That’s funny Brandon, you are full of jokes lately huh? You know what the biggest joke of it all is? There is not much difference between you and Corey.  I mean you were both power abusing dickheads who didn’t understand when their time was up.

Gordon then smirks at Brandon.

Gordon Fury
Luckily for you both, I remedied that problem.

Brandon slowly clenches his fists as the playful demeanor completely disappears.

Brandon Macdonald
Listen up here you useless sack of shit. You think you’re hot shit because of what you did to Corey and I? You have no idea what the two of us have done for IWF. This company would have been nothing without us, and in fact it’s starting to become nothing already. Corey has done more for the IWF then you’ve ever done in your pathetic fucking life. I’ve done more. You don’t respect us because you’re a worthless fucking bitch who doesn’t know how to make any fucking sacrifices for the greater good of a company. You may hold that belt Gordon, but you’re not a fucking champion. You don’t know what it means to be a champion, and at From the Ashes, I’m going to prove once again, that you’re a loud mouthed bitch who can’t fucking wrestle.

Gordon Fury
Put your tampon back in Brandon.  Just because you are a bitch, doesn’t mean you have to act like it.  You need to learn when your time is over, and that time is now.  And at From The Ashes, when I beat and prove everyone wrong for the UMPTEENTH time, I am going to prove it.  Now if you excuse me, unlike you who wrestles one match a month, I have to get ready for mine.

Gordon walks out of shot as Brandon stares daggers after him, as Kash awkwardly stand there, holding the microphone before watching Brandon walk off.

Kash Carter
Damn man white boys gettin crazy doe. Back to you Tony!

The cameras cut back to the ring.

Tom Foolery
Well it's Tom not Tony but needless to say...

‘Dead to Me’ by All For Nothing blasts from the arena sound system and the crowd instantly cheers as Blyss Lockhart makes her entrance to the ring. Even though she’s not scheduled for a match, she’s in her in-ring attire but with a ‘From The Ashes’ t-shirt over it. She slaps hands with the fans and enters the ring, signaling for a microphone. She receives one from the ringside crew and turns her attention to the fans.

Blyss Lockhart:
What’s up, Philadelphia?

The cheers gets louder and she smiles widely.

Blyss Lockhart:
So everyone knows why I’m out here tonight. It’s been announced that I’ll be facing Flex Johnson at From The Ashes, this time for the High Impact championship! And I’m glad for this opportunity because I’ve been doing a lot of thinking whether to reclaim the Rising Phoenix title and have my rematch with Aries instead. I mean, it’d be great to take back what I’ve been carrying around for the past few months. The first title I’ve won here. But... I wanna look forward to the future. It’s time to move up the ladder and go for something new. It’s what this business is all about, right?

Suddenly, “In Division” by Underoath begins to play over the speakers. Flex Johnson strolls onto the entrance ramp; he has the High Impact title around his waist..

Flex Johnson:
Forgive me for the interruption.

Flex slowly walks down the ramp.

Flex Johnson:
You know what Blyss, you are absolutely right. Moving up the ladder, becoming a better wrestler, that’s what this whole business is about.

Flex rolls into the ring. Blyss turns to face him with an amused look on her face.

Blyss Lockhart:
Yeah exactly. And winning matches... winning titles... That’s what I’m looking forward to achieve here, Flex. That title you carry around your waist is what I want and at From The Ashes, I will get.

She whips out her iPhone and pretends to look scroll through messages and read.

Blyss Lockhart:
And it looks like it won’t really matter if you lose it because you’ll just... move on? That there’s no shame in that? Are you sure, Flex?

Flex smirked. He leans on the ropes a bit.

Flex Johnson:
Title belts...

You know, I started wrestling seven years ago. I was green and still wet behind the ears; it didn’t know anything about the business really. Night after night I walked out to the ring and put on the best matches that I could.

And, that hard work eventually paid off.

Within three months I had my first title shot, in triple threat ladder match.

Flex turns directly towards the camera.

Flex Johnson:
Ironic huh?

He then turns back to Blyss.

Flex Johnson:
Long story short, I ended up winning that match. I remember the feeling I had after that match; I’d imagine it was similar to how a person feels when they have their first hit of cocaine.

I was hooked.

So I spent years chasing after titles. I won all the titles in UECW except the world title; that one escaped me. And when I couldn’t win the world title there, well...I went out to another company and won theirs.

I spent four or five years chasing after titles. And then one day, I had a realization; titles don’t mean as much as most people think they do. You see, I’ve met people who are 20-time champions, but can’t carry a 20-minute match. Titles simply mean that you are the FACE of the company; but, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your are the BEST wrestler.

And, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be the best wrestler.

This invites another loud cheering from the fans. Blyss listens patiently, nodding a little at the end. As the fans quiet down, she raises the microphone to her lips.

Blyss Lockhart:
I see where you’re coming from, Flex. And I can respect that. When I first started out, wrestling was what I wanted to do and improve in for the rest of my life. And it still is. I’ve fallen in love with the sport. But at the same time, I do wanna win some titles along the way. Why not? You see, I notice something about wrestlers like you. All of you say the same thing; it’s not about the titles anymore. I guess when I get to your... level of experience, I’d probably say that too. But I’m still young. That fire you had is still burning strong in me. I want to BE better in that ring and I also want to BE a champion. I can do both, Flex. Can you? Do you even want to anymore?

She raises an eyebrow and smirks.

Blyss Lockhart:
Maybe you should just present to me the title right now? Like you said you would on Twitter if I win, hmm?

She chuckles.

While Blyss has been talking, Flex perches himself on the near turnbuckle.

Flex Johnson:
Can I?

Blyss, you’re a smart girl; you’re studious. So, unlike the other jug-heads around here, I don’t have to remind you about what I’ve done this summer. I don’t have to remind you of who I’ve defeated.

So to answer your question, yes I can be the best in the world and still be a champion.

Flex pauses for a second. He takes off the High Impact title and slings it on this shoulder.

Flex Johnson:
This belt, the High Impact title, it has quite a legacy. It’s been held by James Shark, Stygian...even your “brother” Tim. A lot of great wrestlers have held this belt.

Flex turns to the crowd.

Flex Johnson:
I’m proud to call myself your High Impact Champion!

The crowd cheers as Flex turns his attention back to Blyss.

Flex Johnson:
But, you know what?

Although holding this belt is an honor; this belt doesn’t define me. I was great before I held the High Impact title; and, when someone comes along and beats me for it, I’m STILL going to be great.

I define this championship; it doesn’t define me!

Blyss tilts her head slightly and chuckles.

Blyss Lockhart:
I have no doubt that you were a great wrestler then and that you are a great wrestler now so of course I know you can also be a great champion. But the question is, do you still want to? You’ve already found yourself thinking, which you have tweeted about by the way, and the things you said doesn’t convince me that the High Impact championship would hold as much as value as it would to me. It doesn’t convince me that you truly want it...

Blyss makes a surprised face, putting a hand over her lips for a second before speaking again.

Blyss Lockhart:
Are you starting to... realize that you’re not the same young and determined wrestler that you were? After I beat you two weeks ago, did that scare you a little bit? You had a feeling that I’d come after your title and that got you worried. Everyone knows IWF has changed, the new crop of stars have taken over. You may be a new star in IWF, Flex, but you’ve been in this industry for a long time and that makes you a little out of place. If you are truly proud to be the High Impact champion, Flex, you would’ve said more than just “If I lose, there is no shame in that.” You would’ve said more than “As long as I pick myself up, there’s nothing to worry about.” But you didn’t because you don’t seem to care about being the High Impact champion. Because if that’s all you have to say about our match at FTA, if you win, great but then where are you gonna go if you lose? I just want you to be honest with yourself and your fans here.

Flex Johnson:
Blyss, let me say this; I respect the hell out of you. You aren’t like Aries, and you aren’t like Ethan Cage; you actually care about perfecting your craft and doing something great in this business.

But let’s get thing straight; you don’t know me.

You don’t know what I had to endure to get to where I am now.

And you damn well don’t have the authority to question my drive.

Flex hops off the turnbuckle and takes a few steps closer to Blyss.

Flex Johnson:
You want to know what keeps me going?

Actually, the answer is...you!

I aspire to be the best wrestler; the best in the world. And to be the best, you have to beat the best. Every time I train, I’m preparing for people just like you.

Yes, I respect you. But please believe, the next time we meet in this ring, I’ll be looking to knock your head off. And afterwards, I’ll be moving on to Gordon, to Brandon, and to anyone else who decides to step up.

Blyss takes a step forward and holds out her right hand.

Blyss Lockhart:
Let’s put on an even better match at From The Ashes and steal the show, Flex.

Flex shakes her hand.

Flex Johnson:
No doubt.

But, I’ll do you one better. If you beat me at From The Ashes, that means you have earned this belt.

If you defeat me, I’ll be honored to put it around your waist myself.

Blyss gives a big smile.

Blyss Lockhart:
And if you beat me, I’ll raise your hand.

Flex Johnson:
Deal.

The crowd begins to cheer loudly.

“In Division” starts back up. Flex rolls out of the ring. Instead of walking back up the ramp, Flex choose to hop over the guardrail and mingle with some of the fans. The music soon stops and Blyss remains standing in the middle of the ring. The expression on her face starts to look quite serious.

Blyss Lockhart:
There’s one more thing I’d like to address before I go. Something I’ve been wanting to say for a long time.

She turns to the stage.

Blyss Lockhart:
Storming Raven, we need to talk. Now.

A moment or two passes before “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones begins to play in the arena.  Slowly, Storming Raven walks out.  He looks crazy.  He’s practically licking his lips at the opportunity to go face to face with Blyss in the ring. Grinning the most creepy grin ever, he makes his way down the ramp and walks up to the ring, sliding under the bottom rope.  He keeps one hand in his pocket, and motions to the ring announcer that he wants a microphone.  After he’s handed one, he turns to Blyss.

Storming Raven:
What do YOU want?

Though a little afraid of him at the moment, she puts on a brave front and with each word, she gets angrier.

Blyss Lockhart:
This match you’re having with Tim at FTA. That’s not right, Raven. You’re taking advantage of his situation that YOU helped to create.

Storming Raven:
Taking advantage of other people’s pain is what this business is all about, girly.  I saved him from a lifetime of poison when I “assisted” in “removing” that women and that child from his life.  He wasn’t man enough to handle it.  It broke him.  And that’s a real shame.  So what if I had to play with his fragile little head to get him to sign his own death warrant?  I did what I had to do, and this Sunday, I’ll end his pain.  Don’t you worry your pretty little head.

The crowd jeers loudly at this and Blyss shakes her head, frowning.

Blyss Lockhart:
How could you do that? Raven, you’re going down a bad road here. You will regret this. That is NOT how it should be. You may have destroyed a huge part of his life but Tim isn’t broken. He just-- he just needs a little bit more... time to remember. He’s still okay.

Storming Raven:
Apparently he thinks he’s a 9 year old child.  He thinks you’re his dead sister.  He has no memory of anything that’s happened.  He sounds pretty damn broken to me.  And I’m not even sure I believe it.  But if I really hurt him mentally, I’ll just add him to my list of victims.

Raven closes his eyes and reaches into his pocket before opening his eyes again and getting real close to Blyss.  He has practically backed her into the corner, against the turnbuckles.  He pulls out what looks like an old rusty razor.  Seeing what’s in his hand, her eyes widen in fear and she backs up further. He grins and moves in closer but then she smiles. He looks confused as she stares back at him as if challenging him.

Storming Raven:
What are you smiling at?  Ever hear of people being scalped?  You’re not going to enjoy this.

Suddenly in the arena the lights begin to flicker on and off rapidly.  On for half a second, off for a few seconds.  Blyss is smiling ear to ear, Raven looks around nervously.  The sounds of “Hurdy Gurdy Man” by Donovan start to play loudly in the arena.  

This further bewilders Raven, but the crowd begins to buzz.  The song plays all the way through and the lights turn off completely.  30 seconds pass and the lights come back on and Tim Patrick is standing in the ring where Blyss Lockhart was just standing, who is now on the outside of the ring.  Raven drops the razor in shock and before he can do anything else, Tim quickly hits Raven in the face with his patented “Detonator” kick.  Storming Raven falls to the mat, knocked unconscious.  The crowd explodes in wild cheers at the return of hometown Philadelphia boy, Tim Patrick.  He picks up the microphone that Raven was holding and bends down next to his body.

Tim Patrick:
You shouldn’t have done that.  See you Sunday, “brother”!

The strange melodies of Donovan’s “Hurdy Gurdy Man” begins to play again and Tim rolls under the bottom rope and up to Blyss and they exchange high fives.  They’re both grinning, as if this was the plan all along.  Tim is clear eyed and looking back to his old self, and they both walk up the ramp acknowledging the fans on the way up.  

The camera zooms in on Raven laying flat in the ring.

As the cameras cut away from the ring, the scene opens up and we see Robbie Hart sitting in a chair facing the camera. He smirks and rubs his face before addressing the Insurgency fans

Robbie Hart
“I bet a lot of you never expected to see me on an Insurgency hosted show again. To be honest I didn’t think it would happen myself. But tonight isn’t about me appearing on Battle Grounds, this night belongs to Corey Casey. He is finally getting a long over due honor, and believe what you want I couldn’t be more proud of him. Despite are differences and my fallout with IWF, I never lost respect for Corey. He is the man responsible for putting me on the map and giving me the career jump start that I needed.”

Robbie takes a swig of his Boston Lager, not normally his drink of choice but its clear he’s drinking it in honor of Corey Casey being inducted into the Hall of Fame

Robbie Hart
“Corey Casey is a big reason I am where I am today. He legit helped me reach the level that I have in career. He is the man responsible for giving me my first World Championship and is the reason I held the High Impact Championship as long as I did, and he is a big reason why everyone is watching the Insurgency today. If you ask me … this is an honor long over due and I’m truly blessed that he asked me to say a few words about him.”

Hart takes another sip before going on

Robbie Hart
“Corey Casey was one of the best to ever step foot into a wrestling ring and he always raised the bar every night he was on the card. He put on memorable moments that no one will ever forget! I’ll always remember Corey as the most memorable superstar to ever do this game. I can sit here and honestly say without Corey Casey there would be no Robbie Hart. I can sit here and go on forever about everything he has accomplished in this game but we already know all of it. My only regret is I couldn’t be there to cheer you on in person! So I’m just going to say Congratulations Corey, your finally immortalized brotha.”

Robbie looks into the camera before taking on final sip from his beer

Robbie Hart
“This beer is for you mang! Tonight is your night! Enjoy it because no one deserves this honor more than you!”

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord RPSpacerAV[/b]

Last edited by Alex Dillinger on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord   Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 am

Corey and Jessica Casey stand in the ring as the crowd cheers. A podium is set up in the center of the ring, and banners of Corey at different points of his career are draped over the ropes.

Tom Foolery
We're back, and I think we're about to hear the speech from IWF's newest Hall of Fame Inductee himself!

Corey adjusts his tie, looking out at the screaming fans. His wife, Jessica, stands behind him, smiling timidly, and clapping for her husband.

Corey Casey
I really don't know what to say. I think if you would have told me at the beginning of my career that I would go on to do the things I'd do...that I'd become a multiple time world champion...that I would be inducted into the Hall of Fame of a company that I helped found...that I would be known and loved by all for bringing a new era of violence to this sport...I don't know if I would have believed you.

"YOU SICK FUCK" "YOU SICK FUCK" "YOU SICK FUCK"

Corey laughs at the chant.

Corey Casey
Anyone else would be offended by that. But I guess that's what made me different. I thrived on violence. I loved to be the guy that you all hated. By the end of my career, in the days of IIA, working with names like Vincent Van Rose, like Tim Patrick, Chris Matthews, I realized exactly what this was all about for me. It wasn't the boos that made me love this sport, it was the reaction. The idea that I could come out here every night, beat someone to a pulp, and you folks would love every minute of it. Knowing that no matter where I went, there were people in attendance who bought tickets to see me.

Corey pauses.

Corey Casey
Well, see me get my ass kicked and get what was coming to me. But see me nonetheless. That's what mattered most, and that's why I am honored and privileged to be standing here today, accepting my spot in the IWF Hall of Fame.

Corey pauses as the crowd explodes into another round of applause.

Corey Casey
There are a lot of people that brought me here, and I won't pretend there aren't. Of course there are you fine people, the folks that came to watch me compete, and who proved to the powers that be that I was a man to keep their eye on. But maybe more important, there are people that helped me along the way, gave me some outstanding matches, matches that made my career, rivalries that brought me to new levels. Guys like Shadow Demon. Like Jason Hawk. Guys like Chuck Matthews.

Corey stops at the last name. He smiles, and holds his arm out, pulling Jessica in and kissing her.

Corey Casey
And, of course, I can't mention Chuck without mentioning his sister. The mother of my children, the love of my life. Behind every great man is an even greater woman. I'm proud to point to this one right here as mine.

Jessica turns a deep shade of red, and wipes her eyes, smiling widely.

Corey Casey
Without people like Jessica...people like Shadow, and of course all of you, I wouldn't be here today. I'd be some no-name, still wrestling in the indy scene, hoping to make it big. I've made it big. I made it to the top, and this is just the final-

Heavy rock music blares through the speakers. Corey stops, looking around.

Preston Poppycock
They're interruptin' the speech! Who is that?

Out of nowhere, Sean Libby leaps over the crowd barricade sliding into the ring and clubbing Corey to the back of the head with a massive fist. Corey falls against the podium, knocking it over. Sean kicks him hard to the ribs, and starts stomping him out.

Tom Foolery
Sean Libby, what the hell! He's interrupting the speech! And he's beating down Corey Casey. That's a legend of this business, Sean!

Dr. Promestein stands at ringside, barking orders at Sean. Sean turns to the doctor, who nods, a wicked smile on his face. Sean turns to Jessica, who screams, backing into a corner. Sean smirks, towering over her. She shakes her head, visibly crying, holding her hands in front of her face, anything to hide from Sean. Sean shoves her, sending her flying back into the turnbuckle. She hits it hard and falls to the mat with a smack. Sean lifts her by her hair, staring her in the face. He picks her up onto his shoulders, preparing for the final maneuver. Out of nowhere, Chuck Matthews slides into the ring, charging at Sean. Sean drops Jessica, who immediately scurries to Corey's side. Chuck ducks down, looking for a spear. Sean lifts his boot, driving it into Chuck's face, and sending him crashing to the mat. He lifts Chuck above his head, moving towards the ropes. Promestein holds out his hand shaking his head, and Sean drops Chuck to the mat. Chuck immediately gets to his feet, but Sean slides out of the ring, shaking his head. Promestein grabs a mic as he retreats up the ramp.

Promestein
And like the prodigal son, Chuck Matthews has returned to our presence!

He laughs.

Promestein
Living proof that every animal will come out of hiding. You just need the right bait...

Chuck kicks the ropes angrily, making a move to step out of the ring.

Promestein
Oh, believe me Matthews if I wanted to, I could have Sean here crush you right here and now, and he wouldn't so much as break a sweat! However I don't want that.......not yet at least. No......... I want you to be fresh, I want you ready, at a hundred percent. Next week, in New York, at From the Ashes? THAT's when you and Sean will have your fight.

Chuck picks up the chair from the ring and hurls it up the ramp, watching it bounce a good ten feet from Sean and Promestein.

Promestein
Next week, Chuck! Next week, on the biggest stage of all! Your beloved streak is going to come to a painful...screeching....halt.

He then gives a sinister laugh before staring back at Chuck as Sean poses behind him, motioning the From the Ashes logo. The camera then fades to black.

Scene opens to John Tolly already in the ring warming up near the corner.

Heather Thompson:
The following tag team match is set for one fall, introducing first from Champaign, Illinois weighing in at 240lbs...John Tolly!

Tom Foolery
Well John Tolly is in the ring now and there goes the fans to get snacks...now.

Preston Poppycock
Oi ‘ittin ‘im with the ‘eaters tonight, like a regular ol’ Shoeless Joe or whatever Yank baseball player.

("Crush Em" by Megadeth starts to beat throughout the arena as the lights go dark and turn red at the stage. Out walks the sliver masked monster and he stands, his head lowered)

Enter the arena and hit the lights
Step up now you're in for a ride
This is war, ain't no fun and games
We get it up, you go down in flames

(The music slows and Bull walks to the ring with a purpose, flinging off his shirt and sliding in under the rope to stand in the middle of the ring.)

Party time, going down
You better not mess us around
The stakes are rich, take a hit or stay
The price is high, someone's gonna pay

(Bull raises his hands up above his head in an X shape and the ramp explodes in a mushroom cloud and fire blasts up around the ramp.)

Heads I win, tails you lose
Out of my way I'm coming through
Roll the dice don't think twice
And we crush (crush), crush 'em (crush 'em)

(Bull climbs a turnbuckle and stares out at the crowd)

Looking for trouble, now you've found it
You're a drum and we're gonna pound it
Last one standing wins the fight
Hear us scream and shout all night
Down on the floor and eat the grit
This is gonna hurt a little bit

(Bull climbs down and focuses on the task at hand)

Heather Thompson:
And his partner from the Great Northwoods of Michigan weighing at 355 pounds Corey Bull!

Tom Foolery
Corey Bull is focused and when asked earlier about Aries Armadaist he said he couldn’t wait to get a hold of him at From the Ashes and that he would leave Aries a broken man.

Preston Poppycock
You know I never understand why ‘eather somtimes announces the wrestler and then their music plays and then sometimes their music plays and then she announces them. Quite the conundrum.

The opening notes to "Vilify" by Device begin to play as the arena takes an eerie red glow as the lights change color. From the box issues red tinted fog through which all the Empire of Blood members step out onto the top of the ramp and pose for a minute. The groups move down the ramp towards the ring each one working getting psyched up to fight. One the hit the ring the lights come back up as the all slide into the ring. Each member takes a spot in the ring and again poses once more as red and white pyros shoot from the ring posts. As the song ends the non booked team members slide out of the ring and take up positions ring side to watch from up close.

Heather Thompson:
Introducing the opponents at a combine weight of 460 pounds the team of Frank Finelli and Sah'ta Thor the Empire of Blood!

Frank and Tolly both stand in the center as the ref checks on both corners making sure that the other two are in their respective sides. He then takes a step back and calls for the bell.

Tom Foolery
Here we go, tag team action!

Preston Poppycock
I’m still baffled over ‘ere mate.

TAG TEAM MATCH
Sah'ta Thor & Frank Finelli
(Empire of Blood)
[vs]
John Tolly & Corey Bull

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Tolly and Frank lock horns for a moment but Frank gets the upper hand right away and hits a hard knee to the gut. He then flings Tolly over with a hip toss and he hits the mat hard, Tolly doesn't get a moment to breath as Frank is right on him, pulling him to his feet, Frank throws a few elbows to the face then throws another knee to the gut doubling him down allowing him to hit a crisp elbow to the back of the neck which floors Tolly whose face smacks the mat. Tolly tries to reach out to his partner on the far corner but Frank steps on his head and prevents him for going anywhere.

Tom Foolery
Tolly getting worked on early here and I’m not surprised at all.

Preston Poppycock
‘E is a bit of a wanker.

Frank then wraps his big arms around Tolly's neck and whips him to his partner's corner, Tolly then gets sandwiched in the corner before tagging in Thor. He reels Tolly out of the corner and both men hook the arms and slam Tolly with a double suplex. Thor rolls him into the cover and forces a forearm into the mush.

-1-

-2-

Tolly forces the shoulder up.

Tom Foolery
Thought that one was over.

Preston Poppycock
I wish it was.

Thor pulls him to his feet but Tolly breaks his grip and jams a thumb in the eye, allowing him to quickly scramble to his partner and tag him in. Corey comes in and turns Thor almost inside out with a charging clothesline, Corey doesn't let up as he throws a hard kick to the ribs of Thor as he gets on all fours and covers up. Corey pulls him roughly by his hair and throws him almost halfway across the ring towards the turnbuckle. Corey moves in with a series of closed fists to the face then to the abdomen as the ref tells Corey to get him out of the corner. Thor can only cover up and take the punishment before Corey yanks him by his arm and throws him over with a massive samoan drop then rolls over into the cover.

-1-

-2-

Thor forces the shoulder up.

Tom Foolery
Thor gets his shoulder up just in time and Corey Bull is overly irritated now.

Preston Poppycock
Corey Bull looking to finish things off early ‘ere.

Corey pulls Thor back to his feet and then nails a scoop slam then takes a short run to the ropes and comes back with a full body splash! He hooks the inside leg and covers.

-1-

-2-

Tom Foolery
Thor kicks out! Frank would’ve been a little late on that break up, I’m sure Thor will discuss that with him later.

Preston Poppycock
Or ‘e could just worry about ‘imself instead of everyone else. The Empire of Blood are a bunch of ninnies.

Frank moves in to break the cover but Thor manages to kick out, ref forces Frank back to his corner as Corey keeps the punishment going by picking Thor up and attempts a running powerslam but Thor finds the back door and slips out of Corey's grasp, Corey turns around and eats a roundhouse kick that stuns him for a moment. Thor takes the chance and tags in Frank who upon entering gains a head full of steam and charges in looking for a spear but Corey intercepts the move just in time, stopping Frank in his tracks and lifts him up then throws him down with a dominator! Corey turns him to his back then covers.

-1-

-2-

Frank gets the shoulder up.

Tom Foolery
SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL WHAT A DOMINATOR!

Preston Poppycock
Frank some’ow gets ‘is shoulder up!

Corey just shakes his head and picks Frank up and positions him for the Downward spiral but before he hits it Tolly reaches out and slaps him on the shoulder and the ref calls in the tag. Corey just drops Frank as he stares at Tolly who tells him that he's got this and asks him to leave it to him though Corey isn't convinced.

Tom Foolery
Um not sure why but John Tolly tags himself in.

Preston Poppycock
The bloke said ‘e’s got it, what a joke.

*CROWD BOOS*

After being lectured by the ref and told by Tolly who repeats that he has this Corey reluctantly heads back to his corner. Tolly turns around and Frank has recovered and lifts Tolly and slams him down hard with a spinebuster!

Tom Foolery
Spinebuster on Tolly! What a thundering slam, it shook the entire ring! John Tolly’s head snapped pretty nasty there he might be done.

Preston Poppycock
Game, set and match mate.

Frank drags Tolly to his corner and Corey attempts to intervene but out of nowhere Aries moves in through the crowd and hits Corey with a low blow causing him to nearly fall off the apron.

Tom Foolery
Hey now! What a blatant low blow by the champion against Corey Bull.

Preston Poppycock
Corey Bull is down but ‘e’s not out.

Corey sees Aries who does a "no, no, no” motion to him, Corey in his rage jumps off the apron and chases Aries who runs around the ring and towards the ramp. Meanwhile Frank tags in Thor and the two finish Tolly off with the Fatal Blood, Thor rolls onto the cover.

Tom Foolery
FATAL BLOOD! THAT’S A WRAP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Preston Poppycock
BLOODY ‘ELL THIS ONES OVER AND DONE WITH JOHN TALLYWHACKER IS OUT!

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Heather Thompson:
Here are your winners, the team of Frank Finelli and Sah'ta Thor the Empire of Blood!

Thor and Frank celebrate in the ring while Corey is in hot pursuit of Aries. Rushing up the ramp after the Rising Phoenix Champion Corey darts around the corner and slips falling right on his ass. Aries runs up and kicks Bull right in the skull cracking a smile at the cameras. The cameras pan down to a banana peel that seemed to have taken Corey Bull out.

Tom Foolery
Corey Bull slipped on the banana peel from the self-proclaimed Banana Champion.

Preston Poppycock
I’ve never been a fan of phallic shaped fruits. I’m a peach man myself.

Aries Armadaist:
I just mario karted your ass, moron.

Aries stomps away on Corey Bull a few more times before grabbing a steel chair and cracking the big man in the head putting him out. The camera centers on fallen Bull for a moment before cutting to commercials.

Cutting backstage the cameras find Tim Patrick sitting alone in the locker room, smiling.  

Tim Patrick:
First, yes...everything that's happened the past two weeks has been a plot to get Storming Raven to agree to the most horrific hardcore match he could come up with at From the Ashes.  And I'm really going to enjoy hurting him in what will probably be my last match...at least for a long while.  Now, on to something else.  I want to congratulate Corey Casey for being inducted into IWF's Hall of Fame.  He has giving everything for this business and this company.  I applaud him for everything he's done in the ring.  He put me on the map.  Our match we had on Alcatraz in NLWF made me into something special.  I wouldn't be who and where I am if it wasn't for that match.  Then NLWF folded for the first time and Corey Casey was a major player in bringing me to Insurgency Wrestling Federation.  I owe my career to guys like him.  In terms of working for him, well...you'll never find a bigger asshole boss in the world.  But he had a vision and without him, IWF wouldn't be around.  So congrats, Corey.  You deserve this.

Tim raises a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey and nods his head in salute of his former enemy and boss as we fade out to black before cutting back to the ring.

The cameras cutting back to the ring you can see Brandon Macdonald standing at a podium in suit and tie looking especially proper and suited up for the occasion. A red velvet carpet covers the ring’s canvas and golden ring posts have been placed around the ring. The ropes have been covered by red velvet as well setting the tone for a very pristine event.

Tom Foolery
Tonight we induct Corey Casey into the Hall of Fame and that man in the ring right now is that man that’s going to do it.

Preston Poppycock
Looks like it’s time to enshrine the Lord ‘imself...Corey Casey.

“COREY-CASEY”
HALL-OF-FAME”
“COREY-CASEY”
HALL-OF-FAME”
“COREY-CASEY”
HALL-OF-FAME”

As the crowd continues to chant for Corey Casey Brandon Macdonald still standing behind the podium begins to clap his hands in agreeance with the crowd’s chants. When the crowd begins to settle Brandon clears his throat and begins to speak, inducting his good friend Corey Casey.

Brandon Macdonald:
Three and a half years ago. Man that feels like yesterday when I look back at it. I still remember getting on that plane, sitting down beside Corey Casey, and in the blink of an eye, the Insurgency Wrestling Federation was born.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Brandon Macdonald:
Of course, this wasn’t something completely out of the blue. I had known Corey Casey for months at that point. We were good friends in NLWF. Well, maybe good friends was a strong word. We knew each other, and we were both fighting on the same side. I still remember seeing Corey’s face after he watched me betray Chuck Matthews and Bad Company, and join forces with Nick Ridicule and the Dark Knights to create Fight the World. It was a perfect plan, executed incredibly. If it weren’t for the fact that we let the most egotistical, childish, idiotic failure of a nineteen year old kid help run the company, it would have been the most successful promotion known to all man. But alas, things were not to be.

Brandon Macdonald:
IWF was what FTW was going to be. No, scratch that. When we added the great mind of Chuck Matthews to help found the company, IWF surpassed what FTW and NLWF would ever have been. The three greatest wrestlers of our time, all banded together to create the perfect company. Everything about IWF was great. There were no flaws, no imperfections. Corey and I ran the company to the top of the world, while Chuck did his thing with promotion and ME. Everything was perfect.

Brandon Macdonald:
But perhaps the most perfect thing about IWF was the two men at the top of the wrestling world. There was myself, and the great Corey Casey. Main eventing the first two IWF pay-per-view events. Splitting the set of matches, each getting our chance with the IWF Championship. I can still remember every detail about both of those matches, and let me tell everyone here. Those were two of the three hardest matches I have ever been in. I can say without a doubt, that Corey Casey is by far the greatest opponent that I have ever faced in that ring. My single regret in this sport is that I didn’t get a chance to fight Corey in a rubber match before he broke his back.

Brandon Macdonald:
But that’s just me being selfish. If you want a reason why Corey Casey should be in the Hall of Fame, you don’t have to look far. The man started this company. He was the one who got this off the ground. Chuck had ME. I had my MMA and businesses. We were perfectly content to live our lives without another company after NLWF folded. But not Corey. Sure he had things to fall back on. But he didn’t let that stop him. Corey got us on board. Without Corey Casey, there is no IWF. Then he became the first ever IWF Champion. That alone is enough. His in-ring work speaks for itself. Corey has put on five star matches with every big name wrestler that has ever stepped foot in the IWF. But more importantly than what he did in that ring, is what Corey Casey did outside of it. Corey ran IWF. From beginning to end, Corey was behind the scenes, running the show day by day, even when he was wrestling full time. Corey lived and breathed IWF. Everything he did was for the company. He made IWF the way it was before he was mercilessly and disgracefully kicked to the curb. You all already know my opinion on what happened here a few months ago. You all know that a huge mistake was made, taking control away from Corey Casey. No man can do what Corey did. And IWF is going to lose because of it. Mark my fucking words.

Brandon Macdonald:
Finally, before I finish off, I’d like to say something to Corey directly.

Brandon Macdonald:
Corey, I feel honoured to be here right now, inducting you into the IWF Hall of Fame. In a way, it only makes sense. After all, it was you who came to me last year, telling me that you wanted me in the Hall of Fame. I think it’s only fitting if I put you there myself. Corey, we’ve had plenty of differences in our careers. We haven’t always seen eye to eye, both in the ring and out of it. But I can say this. You’ve always been there for me. I helped you out after you got back from your enlightenment trip to Nepal with the monks, because I knew you would do the same for me. Corey, the more I looked at it, the more I realized that I really only had one true friend in this business, and it was you. The IWF Hall of Fame is something that is separate from IWF in my mind. Death-Angel and I are so far above where the IWF is at right now and will ever be at if they keep going at this rate. It’s only fair that we bring Corey up to our level. Corey, welcome to the Hall of Fame. You’ve earned it buddy.

*CROWD CHEERS*

As Brandon Macdonald holds back emotions he points up to the Phoenix Tron as an image of Corey Casey’s HOF plaque displays. The crowd continues their cheers while Brandon exits the ring walking down the steps and up the ramp towards the back.

Tom Foolery
What a heartfelt speech by Brandon Macdonald. Corey Casey has officially been inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame here tonight. Everyone can’t wait to see him in the ring later tonight.

Preston Poppycock
I for one am on pins and needles, I can barely contain myself Tommy.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord Tumblr_mqx2k6FNMF1scvs4to1_500

WE’RE FUCKED, THEY GOT TITO ORTIZ! SAID NO PROMOTION EVER.

Hit the Lights comes on the speakers and out walks Ethan Cage, microphone in hand, and stands on the entrance ramp, looking out at the audience. The boos loud and Ethan Cage smirks, basking in the boos. And then out comes Rayne in a From the Ashes baby tee and jeans, who is accompanied by Bobby Ball, his agent.

*CROWD BOOS*

Ethan Cage:
You want me to be down there huh, working like a fuckin' horse, ...so that you can boo me, boo the legacy I'm leaving behind. Well, not today, but hey, you're getting your money's worth because right now, you're getting to see me. Now, let's talk about why I'm really here. You see, you got Gordon Fuckhead Fury holding my belt trying to make statements, trying to go around me and that's fine as long as each one of you jackasses see that it's happening. Yet another one of your heroes runs away from me. Last week, I pinned Griffin Hawkins, again, and have a tag team win over your mighty Jason Gabriel, I'm only disappointed in myself for not pinning him and shutting you all up for good. Now, I have to see Gordon Fury on pay per view posters, trying to bury me and what I've done with that belt and for this company!

*CROWD BOOS*

Ethan Cage:
I know right! And now, I don't have a match at the pay per view, the former World Heavyweight champion doesn't even have a match....blasphemy. So, I put it to management like this, these rumors of Steel Angel or James Shark, hell it could even be Corey Casey himself, what I know is, you will see me at From the Ashes. So send me your heroes, send me your idols....just make sure you send them with a body bag.

Ethan drops the microphone just as the crowd begins to chant for James Shark.

“WE WANT SHARK, WE WANT SHARK!”

The lights fade out as the sound of a bell tower rings throughout the arena, a few more moments fly by before...

"Unleash the warrior within!"

Pyro sets off from both sides on the entrance ramp in the form of a pair of angel wings with the words "Heaven's Gladiator" appearing in crystal blue letters on the titantron. A single platform can be seen being lowered at the ramp revealing Steel Angel and Marley Jones standing at the center. Steel Angel is wearing a white and blue warrior tunic with angel designs decorated on the back and a gold cross shape tapestry on the front. Marley is wearing a light blue warrior tunic with feathers decorated on it and long leather boots. Steel's long black hair flows in the air as he stares at the crowd before him.

Death until the dust, and we're waiting
Ruined in the rust, of our craving
It feels like, it feels like!

Don't you know the cost, of your betrayal?
You're the one that's lost, you're gonna fail
It feels like, it feels like!

Steel Angel and Marley jump off the platform and they both bow before fans as they shower them in cheers.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery
I can’t believe it! It’s Steel Angel! He’s here and he’s answered the bell to Ethan Cage’s challenge!

Preston Poppycock
Oi this is anticlimactic mate, I wanted James Shark and so did these people.

Tom Foolery
I figured since you’re such good friends with the boss that you’d know about this an advance but I stand corrected.

Preston Poppycock
Piss off, me and Alex are close mates we go way back!

While the crowd cheers slowly begin to die down Steel Angel steps forth as Marley claps for him. A semi-emotional Steel Angel raises a microphone to his lips looking at Ethan Cage with conviction.

Steel Angel:
Ethan Cage you wanted a challenge? You’ve got it!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Steel Angel:
James Shark the man that had me removed from the roster until Alex Dillinger called me offering me a NEW contract. Yes James you may beat me in a match and while I’m a man of my word I left...however it’s painfully obvious to me that the fans needed a hero and that YOU Ethan Cage needed an opponent, someone to SHUT-YOU-UP for good!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Steel Angel:
For however long the IWF needs me I will forever be here! At From the Ashes Ethan it will be YOUR...FINAL JUDGEMENT!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Ethan Cage screams at Steel Angel to hop in the ring right now. Steel smiles holding his arm up pointing at the FROM THE ASHES banner that hangs high up behind Ethan Cage.

Tom Foolery
Steel Angel will fight Ethan Cage at From the Ashes!

Preston Poppycock
Bloody ‘ell first Yuko tells me no one gets eaten on Discovery and now this.

Tom Foolery
What are you talking about?

Preston Poppycock
SHARK WEEK BOY-O!

The camera cuts to show Jack Savage sitting on a stool. He is wearing a black suit with a blue button up shirt and a pair of sunglasses. He takes the sunglasses off and looks into the camera with a sly smile on his face as he has a renewed look of focus on his face.

Jack Savage:
I know some uneducated wrestling fans may ask why does Corey Casey belong in the Insurgency Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame. So I am going to tell you why there is almost no one more deserving of this honer…

You see a small tear go down check as he smiles.

Jack Savage:
Unlike some of my fellow wrestlers that are speaking tonight I really have not known Corey Casey that long. Because as of today I have only known Corey Casey on a personal level for a little over a year. Before that yeah I had heard of Corey Casey the man that is known around the world as the King of the Double Cage of Death...

Jack wipes the tears away from his eyes.

Jack Savage:
But over the course of the last year Corey Casey became at times something that I really don't really have that many of a friend. Because like I have said many times finding true friends in this business is not an easy task. Because I can count the men that I call true friends from this business on one hand and those men would be Alex Dillinger, Ace Static, Kaden Kessler, Howard Harvard and of course Corey Casey...

Jack smiles again and almost starts laughing

Jack Savage:
And it's all because of what Corey Casey did for me. Because as many of you know when UECW hit it's financial crisis and Mike Nelson would not let me bail them out of it I got one phone call that changed my life and that phone call was from none other than Corey Casey. When I answered that call from Corey Casey was on the other end with job offer for me. Not to just come to the Insurgency Wrestling Federation. But to be part of an Empire here in the IWF. I don't have to tell you that I glade the accepted that offer...

One signal tear runs down the face of Jack Savage.

Jack Savage:
So for me to get to speak here tonight on behalf of Corey Casey is something that I will always remember. Because if you ask me it does not matter if it's inside the ring, inside his home the Double Cage of Death or in the office Corey Casey deserves this possibly his last moment in the sun. So welcome to your place in the Insurgency Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame. Because no matter what the critics say there is not one man that is more deserving of this honor than you...

Jack stands up puts his sunglasses back on and walks out.

Last edited by Alex Dillinger on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord   Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Heather Thompson:
This next match is scheduled for ONE FALL and is our CO-MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! Introducing first from Williamsport, Pennsylvania weighing in at 275lbs...DAMIEN DRAKE!

The lights in the arena slowly start to fade until the entire arena is covered in dark. A voice echo's throughout.

DON'T INJURE WHAT YOU CAN'T KILL!

Flames erupt from the stage as Determined by Mudvayne starts to play. Damien Drake stands there alone, arms crossed over his chest. As the flames die, Vincent Jarrod joins him at the top of entrance. The two begin to walk towards the ring, Vincent talks trash to the crowd on his way while Damien walks, eyes forward, his focus never wavering from the ring. Damien grabs the top rope and pulls himself onto the mat while Vincent walks up the stairs. Inside the ring, Damien waits for the match to begin, as Vincent riles up the crowd.

*CROWD BOOS*

Tom Foolery:
Damien Drake has been on a terror as of late and he sets his eyes on the champion, a win here would put him in the hunt for that title to say the least.

Preston Poppycock:
I don’t even know this man anymore mate, ‘e’s completely different and it’s scary. I know I wouldn’t want to be the one facing ‘im tonight.

Heather Thompson:
And his opponent…

*CROWD CHEERS*

Heather Thompson:
From Mackacy, Australia weighing in at 210lbs...he is YOUR IWF CHAMPION...GORDON FURY!!!

The opening double kick drums and guitar riffs of “Honest Eyes” by Black Tide blast through the arena speakers and the fans all get on their feet in anticipation.  As the intensity increases at the second intro riff, the fans cheer loudly as Gordon Fury walks through the entrance curtain, his title draped over his left shoulder.  He flicks his hood back and riles up the fans from the stage, getting an even louder response.

"HATE!"

On that word Gordon fist pumps out in front of him, queuing a blast of pyro from behind him.

"I'm filled with hate,
And you will regret!
How did I get so lost?"

FIGHT!

I’ll win this fight,
Pull Myself out!
Save myself at all cost!"

Gordon pulls the title off his shoulder with his right hand and holds it as he slaps hands with the fans on his way down the ramp, constantly on the move, going to both sides of the ramp.

"Give me my,
My life back!

I will take what’s gone..."

Gordon gets to the ring and climbs the ring steps, before stepping onto the apron, turning so that he is facing away from the ring.

"How?
How'd we come this far?
Why did we survive?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon turns and leaps in one motion, landing straight on the second turnbuckle.  He then hoists the championship high in the air, causing an uproar of cheers.  

"Where did we go wrong?
What did we not see?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon then leaps off the turnbuckle and goes across the ring to the opposite corner, jumping up to the second turnbuckle, and riling up the fans again by holding the title up in the air.  He jumps down from the turnbuckle and hands the Championship to Heather Thompson before taking off his hoodie and throwing it into the crowd. He then measures his opponent as the song fades out.  

Tom Foolery:
Well no sign of Alex Dillinger out here despite what he had said earlier.

Preston Poppycock:
Probably in the back ‘avin a go at Maya before cu...coming out ‘ere. Get it?

Tom Foolery:
I do and I don’t Preston.

Preston Poppycock:
You masturbate with tears don’t you mate.

Tom Foolery:
My personal life is not up for discussion.

CO-MAIN EVENT
SINGLES MATCH
Damien Drake
[vs]
Gordon Fury

[DING DING DING]

With the sound of the bell Gordon pulls his foot up behind himself stretching out his quadriceps. Damien stomps around the ring with force, each step causing the ring to shake a bit. Gordon fakes like he’s going to run the ropes but pulls himself back causing Damien to drop his stance preparing for an attack. Gordon winks at Damien as if to say “gotcha” with that one.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
Gordon putting on a little show, giving the fans some entertainment.

Preston Poppycock:
Oi, I wouldn’t joke around too much with the bloke ‘e’s facing tonight.

Damien snarls at his opponent rushing towards him with an onslaught of rapid paced rights and lefts almost blurred from the sheer speed in which the punches are flying. An overwhelmed Gordon Fury backs away being punished by the larger opponent. Backed up against the ring post Gordon takes shot after shot to the midsection. Damien quickly begins elbowing Gordon in the jaw repeatedly as the crowd shows their displeasure.

*CROWD BOOS*

Tom Foolery:
Gordon Fury getting beaten up by the bully to start the match.

Preston Poppycock:
Oi but it's still early mate, still early.

Damien whips Gordon into the ropes catching him on the rebound and slamming him into the mat with authority. The ring rumbles with Damien’s vicious spinebuster. Hooking the Australian’s leg Damien yells for the referee to count it out.

ONE

TWO

SHOULDER UP!

Tom Foolery:
Gordon gets his shoulder up but look at this!

Gordon gets his shoulder up and Damien forces Gordon’s shoulders back onto the mat grinding his forearm against the jaw of Gordon. The referee begins to count once again.

ONE

T-

SHOULDER UP!

Preston Poppycock:
It's gonna take more than that to keep the champion down.

Gordon still fights the pin and Damien shakes his head lightly pushing the referee to get out of his way as he brings his opponent back up to his feet. The referee cowers away as Damien clubs Gordon’s chest with open hand chops causing the crowd to woo.

“WOOOOO!”

Tom Foolery:
Vicious chops by Damien Drake.

Preston Poppycock:
Gordon's chest is as red as Megan's 'air. Remember Megan? Great tits, shit talent.

Sending Gordon across the ring again whipping him against the ropes Damien swings big and misses as Gordon bounces off of the opposite ropes taking Damien down with a flying crossbody while the crowd erupts from their seats.

Tom Foolery:
Gordon takes the big man DOWN!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Preston Poppycock:
Gordon Fury is losin it 'ere just going to town on Damien.

Gordon drops down and hammers away on Damien’s mask covered face getting in shots wherever he can. Damien powers through wrapping both hands Gordon’s waist lifting the Australian up and running him into the corner post. Gordon holds his back in pain as Damien hoists him up for a brainbuster. Gordon kicks and wiggles free pushing Damine in the back as he lands on his feet. Damien hits chest first against the ropes bouncing back as Gordon dives down and rolls him up.

ONE

TWO

KICK OUT!

Tom Foolery:
Damien Drake kicking out with authority! You know ever since these two clashed in the ring when Gordon came to Alex's aid stopping Damien from inflicting further damage to our boss.

Preston Poppycock:
Damien should just be lucky that Gordon made it to the ring before I could.

Tom Foolery:
Oh like you would do anything. You seemed so anxious to get involved.

Preston Poppycock:
I was protecting you mate.

Damien Drake powers out and Gordon starts to control the pace while the crowd stomp their feet getting behind their champion. Gordon shoves Damien against the ringpost and takes a few steps back getting ready to charge towards Damien. The big man pulls the referee’s shirt pulling him into the corner so that the referee’s back is to Gordon. Vincent Jarrod quickly yanks Gordon’s leg causing the champion to hit face first on the mat. Vincent continues pulling Gordon completely out of the ring. Vincent whips Gordon right into the steel steps causing Gordon to tumble right over the steps.

Tom Foolery:
Vincent Jarrod getting involved! Sending Gordon crashing into those steps, like a car wreck!

Preston Poppycock:
And these fans aint 'avin it!

*CROWD BOOS*

Just as the crowd starts to boo Alex Dillinger walks out from the back quickly changing the reaction of the fans to cheers.

Tom Foolery:
There's Alex Dillinger!

Preston Poppycock:
And 'is face is bleeding!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Dillinger’s face dripping with blood as he points at Damien jaw jacking as bloody spit shoots from his mouth. With anger and hate shown on his face Dillinger marches on towards the ring as Vincent shoves Gordon back into the ring for Damien to pick up the scraps.

Tom Foolery:
Still not sure what happened to Alex Dillinger but he's out here to restore some order to this match. Now we'll get our fair match if it's not too late already.

Preston Poppycock:
Aye, the damage could already be done.

Vincent walks to the other side of the ring as Dillinger removes his dress shirt to the delight of the female fans front and center. Whipping his forehead free of blood with the dress shirt Alex tosses it aside and pounds on the apron yelling for Gordon to get up.

Tom Foolery:
Alex getting this crowd fired up, they're cheering on their champion!

Preston Poppycock:
This crowd 'as been amazing all night long Tommy.

Tom Foolery:
Indeed, Philly loves them some wrestling.

Damien throws Gordon over his shoulder and runs towards the ring post getting ready to hit him with snake eyes but Gordon reverses him shoving Damien into the ringpost and leaping up hitting him in the back with a missile dropkick. Both men are down and the referee begins to administer the count.

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

FIVE

SIX

Tom Foolery:
Looks as though the champion will be the first one to his feet!

Gordon is the first one that starts to stir feeling the energy from the crowd. Getting to his feet with help from the ropes he looks across at Damien Drake getting to all fours. Gordon takes a deep breath and charges at Damien cracking him with a shining wizard. Gordon hooks the leg…

ONE

TWO

THR-

KICK OUT!

Tom Foolery:
KICK OUT BY DAMIEN DRAKE! Oh and here I thought Gordon was going to pick up the victory with that one.

Preston Poppycock:
I'm sure Gordon knows what 'e's going to 'ave to do to put Damien away, I don't blame 'im for trying to get a quick pin in though.

Drake kicks out last second and Gordon tosses his hair back running his hands through his hair. The crowd stomps their feet while Gordon Fury takes to the air. Vincent Jarrod hops up on the apron and Alex Dillinger climbs up as well. The referee tells Dillinger to step down and immediately Vincent shoves Gordon in the back sending him crashing down on the mat missing his mark. Both men are down as the referee begins to count again.

ONE

TWO

*CROWD BOOS*

THREE

FOUR

Tom Foolery:
Dillinger is chasing after Vincent and he is furious!

Preston Poppycock:
I wouldn't wanna be Vincent Jarrod right about now!

Just like that the tide turns and Alex Dillinger is hot, he runs right towards Vincent Jarrod blood beginning to trickle down again. Chasing Vincent Jarrod around the ring Dillinger hops up on the steps and lunges towards Vincent taking him down landing on the ramp.

Tom Foolery:
He's got him! Dillinger got Vincent!

Dillinger turns Vincent over and begins smashing him down with rights and lefts trying to disfigure the man controlling Damien Drake.

Preston Poppycock:
Listen to this crowd as Alex puts the fists to Vincent Jarrod!

*CROWD CHEERS*

EIGHT

NINE

Tom Foolery:
Gordon is up! So is Damien! This one is coming down to the wire folks.

Gordon Fury is up and shaking off the cobwebs as Damien Drake is to his feet as well. Both men stare across the ring at each other neither man wavering or making the first move.

Preston Poppycock:
Both men look like they're waiting for the other to do something 'ere.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Damien reaches in to lock up with Gordon who dives in sliding on his shin catching Damien with a forearm shot the midsection. Damien keels over holding his stomach as Gordon hits him with an uppercut staggering him back. Dillinger with control of Vincent grabs a handful of his hair dragging him backstage.

Tom Foolery:
Where's he going with him? Where's Dillinger taking Vincent.

Preston Poppycock:
Takin 'im out back to teach 'im some respect that's where Tommy boy!

Damien Drake catches Gordon off guard with a shoulder block as Gordon rushes towards him. Looking up to the stage Damien yells at Alex who grins dragging Vincent all the way to the back.

Tom Foolery:
Damien Drake distracted here as he's taking his eyes off of his opponent.

Preston Poppycock:
Big mistake Damo!

Before Damien Drake can turn around he’s caught from behind with the Dread Spike. Gordon rolls him up as the referee drops down for the count.

Tom Foolery:
DREAD SPIKE!

Preston Poppycock:
The fat lady is singing!

ONE

TWO

THREE!!!

[DING DING DING]

Heather Thompson:
Here is your winner by pinfall...GORDON FURY!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
Gordon Fury continues to dominate the ring winning match after match.

Preston Poppycock:
‘E’s looking good mate, winning and winning and this weekend ‘e gets to face ‘is biggest match against Brandon Macdonald. Should be an ‘elluva fight.

The referee hoists Gordon's arm in the air in victory as he celebrates standing atop the turnbuckle holding his championship belt high up in the air for the crowd. As cameras flash on and on Damien Drake rolls out of the ring staggering to the back to chase after Vincent Jarrod and Alex Dillinger.

As Gordon Fury hops down from the turnbuckle, he turns around and is immediately smashed in the head with a steel chair by Brandon Macdonald, who had slid into the ring while Gordon was celebrating. As Gordon Fury collapses to the ground, Brandon Macdonald beats his chest as the crowd boos loudly.

Brandon Macdonald
You can’t hide forever Gordon!

Brandon picks Gordon up by the head and positions him between his legs. Brandon Macdonald motions for the crowd to get pumped up, drawing raucous boos. Brandon Macdonald jumps and flip piledrives Gordon onto the steel chair that he brought in the ring earlier. Gordon’s head spikes off of the chair and he goes limp in the ring. Brandon stands up and holds his arms out beside him as the crowd boos loudly. 

Brandon takes a few steps back and slides out of the ring. He goes and sits down near the timekeepers booth as medical staff run to the ring and help carry an unconscious Gordon Fury out of the ring. The boos continue to rain down on Brandon as he grins at his seat, waiting for Corey’s Hall of Fame match.

The feed cuts and live from the Underground’s new home that will be soon to open is none other than Dean Vandal. Sitting in front of the camera on a lone steel chair with the Underground Championship draped across his shoulder.

*CROWD BOOS*

Dean Vandal:
Good evening….

*CROWD BOOS*

Dean Vandal:
Hope you’re all enjoying the inferior in ring action and brown nosing display tonight.

*CROWD BOOS*

Cracking a smile his hazel eyes piercing through the camera as he flicks back his blonde locks looking into the camera. The black zip up hoody covering his tattooed arms has a shield over the chest that reads “Black House” he grins before speaking.

Dean Vandal:
Well I guess this is what I had to do to get on Battlegrounds. Just tell them I’m planning to honor the legacy that is Corey Casey. The man, myth, and legend himself!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Dean Vandal:
Corey Casey’s big night huh? The man that put the company on his back right? WRONG!

*CROWD BOOS*

Dean Vandal:
SHUT UP! Corey Casey was the benefactor of a disgruntled group of wrestlers vying for a chance to break free from a terrible company and tyrant/slave driver. The big strong seven year career, that’s laughable Casey. I’m twenty three years young and you can bet your ass that four years from now I’ll have accomplished more than you’ll have ever dream about or imagined possible. While all of these morons can bow to your feet I still see you as the crooked COO that called himself a champion. I spent years trying to get noticed wrestling in Mexico and Japan only to have your people tell me I should consider getting an agent. You’re a self-absorbed asshole and an egotistical prick. The wrestling business will be much better off without you. Good riddance. One done, one more to go. We’re looking at you...Axle Vengeance...

*CROWD BOOS*

Dean Vandal:
Soak up the moment because tomorrow Corey, everyone will go back to not giving a fuck about you. Myself included. Eat shit.

The scene fades to black with Dean Vandal smirking at the camera as we cut to a commercial break.

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord A_3TjhsCYAE-Ok8

SILLY FATTY REID

Lilah is in the ring with a Table and the contract right in the middle. She has a microphone in hand.

Lilah
Ladies and Gentlemen, in this very ring in just a moment..we will have a contract signing between two combatant's facing off in a Steel Cage Match at From The Ashes....Griffin Hawkins and Justin Gabriel!

The crowd pops big for it. Signs such as "Griffin Hawkins will rise From The Ashes" and "It's time to awaken the Dragon" are visible as the camera man views them all.

Lilah
First, lets bring out the man who laid down the challenge a few weeks ago for the rematch...Jason Gabriel!

"Arizona" by The Scorpions kicks in as Jason Gabriel comes out to a roaring ovation, dressed in blue faded jeans and a Helloween T-Shirt. He soaks in the positive reaction as he comes down the ramp, slapping hands with a few fans before going into the ring. He gives a nod to Lilah as she gives him a small smile.

Tom Foolery
Nobody ever thought they'd see this man in the ring again...now they are going to see him in the grandest stage of all!

Preston Poppycock
You could call it a ‘omecoming almost! ‘e's looking to prove ‘e's still got it when ‘e clashes with Griffin ‘awkins!

He gives a nod to Lilah as she gives him a small smile. He sits down at the table, waiting for this to take place.

Lilah
And now..his opponent, the man who accepted his challenge...Griffin Hawkins!!

"Monkey Business" by Skid Row Blasts as Griffin Hawkins emerges from the curtain dressed in black leather pants and a Guns N Roses T-Shirt. The crowd is just as loud as they were when Gabriel came out.

Tom Foolery
Griffin Hawkins is looking to make a name for himself on the biggest show of the year! A victory over Jason Gabriel would really put a feather in his cap!

Preston Poppycock
We've seen Griffin face many Superstars ‘ere in IWF..But I don't think they were anything like Gabriel! ‘e might have bitten off a little more than ‘e could chew!

He steps between the ropes and sits down, taking off his silver aviator sunglasses as he looks Gabriel dead in the eyes.

Lilah
Now..gentlemen. You both have had time to look over the contract. Once it's signed, you both will take part in one of the Main Events of From The Ashes. Is there anything you like to say before the contract is signed?..

Gabriel picks up the microphone, he looks straight ahead at Griffin who seems to be casual about this.

Jason Gabriel
Griffin, I hope you are well aware what's about to take place. Because once this contract is signed, there's no turning back. The party is over. Sure, you have accomplished a lot in your storied career, but have you ever fought on the biggest stage in the world? I have. From The Ashes is fast approaching and the two of us are going to be locked in that cage. Whoever escapes first is the winner. I respect you and what you've done in Insurgency. But come From The Ashes...I'm going to give you the worst beating of your life.

A Gabriel chant breaks out as Griffin smiles.

Griffin Hawkins
Wow..if I had a nickel for every stiff that got in my face in the last ten years of my career and said they were going to do that to me, I'd be a millionaire. Actually..I am a Millionaire. Because I have made a lot of money beating the hell out of guys as big as you..hell..even bigger than you. I'll be the first to tell you I'm not the biggest dog in the yard, but I can be the meanest. Come Sunday you will find that out the hard way.

Jason Gabriel
Nobody is saying you're not tough Griffin. We have seen you take beatings and still come back for more. I watched your match with Alexander Remington and that guy nearly killed you. So nobody is doubting your toughness.  I just don't think you're prepared for what's to come. You asked for this months ago..and now you're going to get it. On the biggest stage of all, we're gonna settle this once and for all.

Griffin Hawkins
You still don't know why I am doing this. Let me ask you something, do you know why Brandon Macdonald hates my guts?

Jason Gabriel
Because he slept with the village whore and you exposed the truth which got him fired?

Griffin Hawkins
Well..yeah there is that. But he's over that..plus from what I heard he got treated, but that's not the point. The reason why Macdonald can't stop talking about me whenever a promo of his comes on the air, the reason he bad mouths me on Twitter, practically begging for a response from me..it's not because I got him fired, it's nothing more than old fashioned jealousy. And it's not just of me, but of stars such as Gordon Fury and Tim Patrick and the whole crop of new talent. And it isn't just him either, It's people such as James Shark who couldn't stand the newer generation of Superstars. Hell, just weeks ago Jason Hawk was popping off at the mouth on twitter about how old school is here to stay.

Jason Gabriel
It's just their opinion Griff, it's not fact. But what does that have to do with now?

Griffin Hawkins
It's got everything to do with now. All those guys that I mentioned are nothing more than jealous of the new crop of Superstars. You think it's a coincidence that James Shark and Brandon Macdonald came back? They can't stand the fact that the new blood has taken their spots. They cling to their glory days in the hopes of recapturing what they once were. They are insecure that people like me, like Tim Patrick, like Gordon Fury, like the entire Underground Roster are going to replace them. It is all jealousy. They can't just stomach that IWF is going on without them. And while I respect what they did before me, they need to realize that there is a whole new roster of superstars looking to make a name for themselves..and they need to realize that whole IWF does not revolve around them. They can either get with the times and accept it..or get the hell out..Hell, Shark did that already. I doubt anyone will miss them. Thats why I made this challenge. Because I want to make a statement that the new generation of IWF Superstars are here to stay whether any of the old school guys like it or not. But after this..are you going to be one of them?..

Jason Gabriel
You make a lot of valid points Hawkins. But here is the thing. Unlike all those people you mentioned, I actually respect you. Unlike them I accept the changing of the guard and am willing to respect the new faces. But weeks ago..this match was billed  as wrestling's past against wrestling's future. That I have a problem with. See, I am not wrestling's past..I am the present..here and now. I'm not one of those washed up old has beens looking to make one more run...I'm here to stay in IWF, and nobody is gonna tell me when my career is over. The Black Dragon may be dead..but I'm not..and From The Ashes..you're going to see that. You're not going to get Stygian...you're going to get Jason Gabriel.

He signs his name on the dotted line and slides it over to Hawkins.

Griffin Hawkins
I respect you too. I've been wanting to face you ever since I heard the stories about you in UECW. Everyone keeps saying I'm crazy for jumping on you..wanting a fight. Maybe I am...but I asked for this match and I'm not backing down. I'm not saying I'm going to win..I'm not saying I'm going to lose. I'm saying that I'm going to give you the damndest fight of your life.

He signs his name on the contract as well and the two immediately get up, going face to face..both staring each other down. Jason extends his hand to him. Hawkins isn't sure, but accepts the gesture anyway as the crowd cheers. He goes to leave, but Gabriel pulls him forward. Both are going nose to nose, glaring at one another as we go to a break.

We come back from commercial to see Sah'ta Thor sitting in front of an IWF inspired backdrop. He was in a suit and tie and had his hair pulled back into a ponytail.

Sah'ta Thor:
The Hall of Fame is what every wrestler strives to be inducted into. The latest inductee into the Insurgency Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame is none other than the former boss, Corey Casey. An induction that sparks quite a few emotions within. First there is  respect, the respect of a man who has earned the right to have this honor bestowed upon him due to his contributions to the company. Then there is the gratitude that this man allowed me a chance to come in to this company on my own terms. Those terms allowed me to make my debut at Homecoming where I walked out as the new Uprising Champion. That is a shot I would never have gotten had it not been for Corey Casey. For that he has my thanks since he was willing to look at my past accomplishments and was willing to take a risk on me."

Thor stops speaking as his face darkens slightly. He had spoken the good side of thoughts and now came what needed to be said.

Sah'ta Thor:
Yet, for all of that Corey Casey has also earned my disdain. He had everything going for him but had to ruin it all with his blatant biased attitude. An attitude that had him fired by the IWF Board of Directors. Which I guess if fine had Corey Casey told anybody of the plans that had been formed upon my signing my contract. Which as you can guess didn't happen because the new management, in the form of Alex Dillenger, destroyed my image and what I was hoping to accomplish. I could take it up with Alex but frankly I know the reason why I have been treated as worthy of being given the spotlight since Alex took over. That reason is none other than the fact that I was Corey Casey's last great signee and the politics of that swirl around me. So Corey Casey being inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame makes me wonder how many of the Board of Directors he had to bribe. So while the rest of the world celebrates this turn of events I have better things to do like prepare for From the Ashes.

With that Thor gets up and walks out of the screen even as the camera keeps rolling for a few more seconds.

Heather Thompson:
This next match is our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! It is scheduled for one fall and is a HALL OF FAME MATCH! Introducing first from Toronto, Ontario, Canada weighing in at 232lbs...ERIC STEEL!!!

Welcome to my hood plays throughout the pa system.  Eric Steel raises his arm in the air as he comes through the curtains to a chorus of boos. He smirks cockily as he crosses his arms, walking down the ramp. He just glances at the fans with a smug look on his face. He walks up the ramp as he enters the ring. He looks around as he raises his right arm in the air.

*CROWD BOOS*

Tom Foolery:
Eric Steel makes his return to the ring tonight and his contract hangs in the balance. He looks to step into the ring against the man himself...Corey Casey.

Preston Poppycock:
This bloke isn’t like by anyone backstage but ‘e’s claimed to ‘ave changed for the better. If ‘e wins ‘e gets a contract, if ‘e loses then ‘e is out!

Heather Thompson:
And his opponent…

*CROWD CHEERS*

Heather Thompson:
From South Boston, Massachusetts weighing in at 250lbs he is the first ever IWF Champion and now a member of the IWF HALL OF FAME!...COREY CASEY!!!!!!

Kill me with a beat

The sound of “Do You Call My Name?” by Ra roars out of the house speakers as a single light turns on at the top of the stage. The light is shining up from beneath the entrance stage, shining upwards, casting a single lone figure in a bright light. The figure is standing with his back to the ring and is wearing a black suit coat with black dress pants. As the guitar riff kicks in, fireworks erupt from under the stage on either side

Some people seem to think they always know what's best for you
Their little minds try to create a world to keep you still
The bolt is thrown, the cage is locked
You saw this, don't you lie
At first you cry and then you hate those people stole your will...

No nothing

The figure slowly turns around, revealing the smirking face of Corey Casey

Do you call my name
Do you stain my brain
Do you call my name
Do you breed my pain

Corey Casey begins to walk down the entrance ramp and toward the ring. He reaches out and slaps the outstretched hands of some of the fans on either side of the isle.

Tom Foolery:
Listen to this crowd they are absolutely going NUTS!

Preston Poppycock:
No one would ever ‘ave imagined in a million years that Corey Casey would be back in an IWF ring but ‘ere ‘e is!

So you just sit there, stuck, afraid to risk reality
Afraid to cause yourself more pain, to face insanity
But nothing ventured, nothing gained
You see... your fear's your cage
You beg for help but you're alone, stuck in a helpless rage

(it's me.... I see, please... let me out I'm petrified)

Corey Casey hops up on the ring apron and ducks in between the second and third rope as he enters the ring. He then climbs the nearest turnbuckle and holds his clenched fists straight out to either side

(C'mon)

Do you call my name
Do you stain my brain
Do you call my name
Do you breed my pain

Corey Casey hops down from the turnbuckle…

Tom Foolery:
This crowd is going insane, it’s the loudest I’ve heard in a LONG time Preston. This is deafening.

Preston Poppycock:
Unreal mate, unreal…

“COREY-CASEY”
CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP
“COREY-CASEY”
CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP
“COREY-CASEY”
CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP

As Corey Casey steps forward face to face and eye to eye with Eric Steel they both grin at each other knowing that war is about to take place. The crowd is buzzing and the referee stands between both men.

“COREY-CASEY”
“HALL-OF-FAME”
“COREY-CASEY”
“HALL-OF-FAME”
“COREY-CASEY”
“HALL-OF-FAME”

Holding up his hand Corey Casey steps back from Eric Steel and grabs a microphone as the crowd continues to cheer slowly settling down as CC begins to verbally assualt his opponent one last time.

Tom Foolery:
We haven’t had Corey Casey on Battlegrounds since he was removed from his position now finally we get a word from the lord.

Preston Poppycock:
If this crowd will ever let ‘im speak!

Corey Casey:
PHILADELPHIA!!!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Corey Casey:
Damn it feels good to be BACK!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Corey Casey:
Now tell me who is ready to see me beat this jackass all over the ring tonight!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Corey Casey:
TOO BAD!!!!!

I don’t remember
Did something in my past create a hole?
Don’t use your gender
To drive a stake right through my soul

Chris Matthews steps out with a smirk, looking at the screaming crowd around him. He holds his arms out to the side, grinning as he makes his way towards the ring.

Tom Foolery:
What the h-e-double hockey sticks! That’s Chris Matthews!

Preston Poppycock:
The ‘ell is this wanker doing out ‘ere!

I live to function
On my own is all I know
No friends to mention
No distractions, nowhere to go

Chris jumps from the mat to the apron, and walks towards the corner. He vaults himself over the top rope, and walks towards the center of the ring.

Shallow, shallow, give it to me, give it to me
Scissors cutting out your anger
Shallow, shallow, no good to me, not if you bleed
Bite your tongue, ignore the splinters

Chris grabs the rope, using it to stretch. Corey Casey smiles and slides out of the ring as the crowd reacts to Chris Matthews despite Corey not wrestling.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Heather Thompson:
Introducing Corey Casey’s replacement...from Knoxville, Tennessee weighing in at 245lbs...CHRIS MATTHEWS!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
I guess Chris is taking Corey’s place, this is ridiculous.

Preston Poppycock:
Pretty brilliant mate, ‘e pulls one last fast one on the crowd...absolutely brilliant. No one saw it coming, oh Corey Casey this and Corey Casey that ‘e’s coming back to the ring...’e loves us! Nope Corey Casey just gave you all the finger.

MAIN EVENT
HOF MATCH
Eric Steel
[vs]
Corey Casey

[DING DING DING]

As the bell sounds Eric Steel is jawing at Corey Casey yelling at him to get in the ring and fight him. Pounding his chest Steel demands Casey to step into the ring and get knocked out. Corey smiles and points to Chris who is standing directly behind Steel. Just as Eric turns around he’s face into chest right against Chris who levels Steel with a thunderous right hand.

Tom Foolery:
Down goes Steel!

Preston Poppycock:
Oi ‘e should’ve been paying attention. I don’t see this taking too long if ‘e still makes rookie moves like that.

Chris brings Steel up to his feet and shoves him into the corner kicking him in the midsection. Stomping him out over and over again Chris stops and smiles.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Chris paintbrushes his boot right across the cheek of Steel. Bringing Steel up to his feet again Chris whips him against the ropes catching him on the rebound with a vicious clothesline that turns Steel inside out.

Tom Foolery:
TURNED HIM INSIDE OUT WITH THAT CLOTHESLINE!

Preston Poppycock:
Eric Steel is PATHETIC!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Chris puts his hand on the chest of Steel making the pinfall attempt.

ONE

TWO

SHOULDER UP!

Steel not quite ready to go down Chris cracks another smile bringing Steel back to his feet once more controlling the match. Whipping Steel against the ropes once more Chris swings with another clothesline but Eric ducks under hitting the opposite ropes. On his way back Steel hits Chris with a shoulder charge knocking Chris down, however Chris springs right back up to his feet.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
Chris is in excellent form tonight! What athleticism!

Preston Poppycock:
Eric Steel never ‘ad a chance mate.

Chris shoots in on Steel but Steel blocks the takedown attempt. Chris changes his grip and maneuvers upwards to a tie up. Chris whips Steel against the ropes and catches him with a judo toss slamming him into the mat. Still holding onto Steel’s arm Chris rolls him over and locks in an armbar but somehow Steel quickly manages to turn his arm in and break the hold. Before Steel can fully escape Chris transitions into a Cobra Clutch as the crowd blows the rough off.

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
He’s got him in the Iron Cross! He’s got it locked in tight!

Preston Poppycock:
Oi it’s ALL OVER NOW BOY-O!

Just as Eric kicks his legs and squirms around struggling to reach for a rope or break free of the hold he slowly little by little begins to fade. The referee watches closely as Eric Steel begins to slip out of consciousness. Raising up Eric’s arm once everyone watches as it falls down.

“ONE!”

The crowd counts along with the referee as he raises Eric’s arm up again letting it fall back down completely limp.

“TWO!”

Still counting along with the referee the crowd begins to cheer and cameras pop off all throughout the arena.

“THREE!”

As Eric’s arm falls once again the crowd knows that it is all over. With the sign of the limp arm and closed eyes the referee realizes that Steel is out and quickly calls for the bell.

[DING DING DING]

Heather Thompson:
Here is your winner...CHRIS MATTHEWS!!!!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Tom Foolery:
Eric Steel is out! He is completely asleep!

Preston Poppycock:
Like a little a bubby all cuddled up sucking ‘is fumb! GO ‘OME FUCK-O!

Tom Foolery:
Eric Steel doesn’t get a contract and Corey Casey pulled a fast on as he becomes immortalized forever tonight! Welcome to the hall Mr. Casey, you were an amazing talent and you will always be missed. From Philladelphia I’m Tom Foolery with me, Preston Poppycock. Join us live on pay-per-view this SUNDAY as IWF presents to you FROM THE ASHES THREE!!! GOODNIGHT!!!

The IWF logo pans across the screen as we fade out to black ending the show.

Not really though…

The screen shows a shot of a large desk with a black leather desk chair, back facing the camera. Slowly the chair begins to spin and sitting the chair is Alex Dillinger obviously recorded earlier that day.

Alex Dillinger:
Did you really think I wasn’t going to address Corey Casey?

Cracking a smile Alex lets out a bit of a chuckle clasping his hands in front of him as the sleeves of his white colored dress shirt hike up further under his freshly pressed suit jacket.

Alex Dillinger:
Corey Casey, where to begin? I’m sure people are waiting for some bad mouthing or bringing up some attack that happened but quite frankly all I really want to say to Corey Casey is...thank you. Putting all the kayfabe bullshit aside I thank you for giving me the opportunity to do something I’ve always wanted to do and that’s run a company. Giving me the keys to your baby, trusting me enough to hand me the ball and let me run with it...I thank you. You single handedly brought back a love I once had for a business I had fallen out of. If not for Corey Casey I don’t know what I would be doing at this point in my life. I’ve had the chances to grow up and become the man that I knew I could. The steps I’ve taken to improve myself and increase my ever growing legacy I owe it to Corey Casey. Thank you Corey for believing in a guy that the world said would never make it again. Enjoy your night Corey, you’ve earned it. You’ll forever have a place in the heart’s of every IWF fan and superstar alike. If there ever was a man that was as deserving of that Hall of Fame it is you. I wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you choose to do in life. Take care of yourself Corey you will forever be missed…

With that Alex nods his head slowly closing his eyes as the scene fades to black with the following message:

“THANK YOU, COREY CASEY”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord   Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlegrounds 86: Enshrining The Lord
Page 1 of 1