Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From the Ashes Feedback

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

From the Ashes Feedback Empty
PostSubject: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 am

We haven't done this in a while. But this was the biggest show of the year, and I personally think it really lived up to the hype. It took a while for it to get posted, but obviously people were spending time making sure it was good, along with other real life stuff.

So please leave feedback on all the matches and the show. This is always useful for match writers to see what they are good at, and what they need some work on. Be nice, be respectful, but feel free to constructively criticize if there was something that you think could have been done better. Don't be a dick.

So yeah, feedback please Razz
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am

Darn you Brandon! I was gona make this thread lol.

I'm not going to do a match by match run-down; it would take far too long. But I will say, overall, the matches were really well done. The Griffin/Jason match was a little too short, considering it was the Co-Main Event, but that's the only real thing I can comment about.

*Oh, I do have one last note, and this goes out to all the match writers (myself included): go the extra mile and look at people's bios before you write. Almost everyone has a list of moves in there. And, as a match writer, while it's ok to use moves that aren't listed in that move-set, it's almost necessary to include at least a few of the wrestler's common/sig moves in each match. Moves may not be as important as a person's writing style, format, etc., but they are indeed part of the character.

So use those moves!

Welp, that's all I got. Again, good job everyone!

*This idea popped into my head after reading a lot of my own IWF matches, the match from FTA (where both Blyss and I used a lot of moves that our wrestlers never use), and couple of the other matches on the card such as Aries and Bull (where Aries has told me some moves where used that don't fit the character).
Back to top Go down
GilbertGold

PostSubject: FTA Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 am

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
Ashe Corvin [vs] Kyuubi [vs] Frank Finelli: Well written and a great start to the show. Didn't see any major issues.

DOG COLLAR
SINGLES MATCH
Jack Savage [vs] Savannah: Again, well written and the action was fantastic. Preston's reaction to Tolly coming in the ring was hilarious, and the idea of Savage and Tolly coming together again was a nice twist that was also well written.

IWF RISING PHOENIX CHAMPIONSHIP
SINGLES MATCH
Aries Armadaist [vs] Corey Bull: Loved every moment of it! The first Championship match of the night had it all. Congrats to Aries keeping the title.

WIN BY SUBMISSION
SINGLES MATCH
Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde: Well written and the SpecOps debut was cool, but the match itself seemed kinda short.

STREET FIGHT
SINGLES MATCH
Chuck Matthews [vs] Sean Libby: Great comeback match.

SINGLES MATCH
Ethan Cage [vs] Steel Angel: Welcome back to Steel Angel. You lost.
Lol, just messin'. It was a fantastic match.

TRAIL OF TEARS
SINGLES MATCH
Storming Raven [vs] Tim Patrick: Brutal, but in a good way. Very well done.

HELL IN A CELL
SINGLES MATCH
Alex Dillinger [vs] Damien Drake: Now in the begining of the match, it was confusing as to who threw who into the ropes. The rest of the match was great, but that first paragraph throws you off a bit. And again, loved the brutality.

IWF HIGH IMPACT CHAMPIONSHIP
LADDER MATCH
Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart: I LOVE BRUTALITY! Congrats to Flex on retaining the title. Well written, graphic and...I LOVE BRUTALITY!

CO-MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE MATCH
WIN BY PINFALL
Jason Gabriel [vs]  Griffin Hawkins: I felt this one, second to last match of the night, was waaaayyyy to short.

MAIN EVENT
IWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
BEST 2/3 FALLS
Gordon Fury [vs] Brandon Macdonald: I loved it, loved it, loved it. The carnage was graphic, the moves epic, the twists were M. Night Shamalan worthy and... Vinnie Paulos is a fucking ass. Lol. The whole thing was amazing! And though I am not proud of what myself had done to the ref, it was fun seeing the Underground show up and screw with things just a tiny bit. But it still didn't take away from such a well done match. Congrats to Gordon Fury on retaining the title. You've come a long way from when I last saw you, brother.

Overall, show gets a 9.9/10. Couple scrapes, but not enough to ruin such a fantastic show. Good job to everyone who put in the effort for FTA.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Mathews

Kenneth Mathews

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 am

That's how it's done folks ... That's how you write a 5 star show. Almost every match felt important and the big matches lived up to the hype. Bravo everyone that helped write the show.
Back to top Go down
http://pwpproject.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 am

Overall everyone here did a great job, I can safely safe the writers outdid themselves yet again. I would like to personally thank alex for filling me in for corey/aries match due to this week being a bad time for me to write anything. Not to worry cuz I'm back full force.

While all the matches were very well written, one match kinda shocked me with the end result: bmac vs. Gordon I was actually expecting bmac to win this but I'll have to take my hat off and congrats to good ol goro for a job well done.

Anyways here's to a third successful year of IWF, we're going in hard and it's only getting better for here on out.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:30 pm

I have yet to actually read the rest of the show, I will leave feedback on it once I do. Why were their pinfall attempts in my submission match though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes Feedback   From the Ashes Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the Ashes Feedback
Page 1 of 1