Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Isolation RP #2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Isolation RP #2 Empty
PostSubject: Isolation RP #2   Isolation RP #2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:18 am

Previously...

Chapter 2 Gluten Free

Dave: Those batteries charged yet?

Mel: No.

Dave: God Damnit! It's 2026 and we still have to deal with fucking batteries.

Dave is sitting on the couch drinking a bottle of water while Mel is working on the camera batteries beside him. Joe is with Dan in the kitchen having a snack. Dan has his baby Jude on his lap.

Mel: Just about done. You guys should get ready now.

Dave Gulped down his water.

Dave: Finally.

Dan got up from the kitchen table and walked over to the couch. Joe joined Mel off in the corner.

Mel: 3, 2, 1 Action!

Dave: What do you think made Chris and the rest of IWF think that you of all people would be the poster boy of IWF? Why did they have so much confidence in you? I mean now, fifteen years later, with all the titles you have garnered we can make a safe bet. But unless IWF had a psychic how would they know that the fruits of their labor would ever be harvested?

Dan: Not sure.

Dan paused for a minute.

Dan: You raise an interesting question. I had wrestled in Japan. Chris had scouted me. He had watched all the tapes. I was good, but even I didn't know how good I was.

Dave: And Chris somehow knew?

Dan: I guess you can give that one up to good luck. Then again Chris knew talent.

Chris: Dan, come here for a second.

Chris led Deuce to a large room with one large table. There were about nine men sitting in office chairs. They all had folders.

Chris: Dan, all of these men are here to assist you in preparing for your match this Sunday at Isolation. It will be the biggest PPV for IWF yet, and it is also the biggest match of your life. We want you fully prepared. Personally, I think you already are. The nine other competitors? Pretty much nothing compared to you.

Chris comes close to Dan's ear and whispers.

Chris: I tried to tell em that but they wouldn't listen.

Chris: Well, I'll leave you guys to it. Please take a seat Dan.

Dan walks over to the table and takes a vacant office chair.

Chris: I will see you tomorrow.

He points to Dan and then shuts the door behind him. Dan turns to the guys. One of them stands up and offers his hand.

Gerard: Hi, my name is Gerard. Nice to meet you Mr. Alexander. I will start this off by explaining what we are going to do this evening. Each of us has researched one opponent of yours in the battle royal. I will start off with Darren Moore.

The lights dim and a screen comes down. A nearby projector shows a picture of Darren Moore next to his bio.

Gerard: Known as "Kable". He is six foot four. Two hundred and forty eight pounds. He looks to be a mild threat in this match. While he hasn't been wrestling as long as you, he is young and motivated. That in itself is his flaw. He will employ high risk moves for the enjoyment of the audience. His fast paced intensity will lead to him making a mistake and being eliminated from the match.

He turns to the person on his left.

Gerard: Brad. Would you like to go next?

Brad clears his throat.

Brad: Yes, umm I have looked into Libra.

The projector changes to Libra's profile.

Brad: He is a very well rounded wrestler, except he has never even wrestled yet. This is the first promotion he has gotten into. With that being said however he must be very talented. Having little or no time as pro he will not have any experience in a battle royal. He will either be eliminated early or rise up to the occasion.

Gerard: Good. Carlyle. Care to give us your intel?

Carlyle: I would be glad to.

An audible click is heard as the projector switches to a picture of Horcrux Lave.

Carlyle: Yes, Horcrux Lave. A very interesting person. He is one of most experienced of the nine. He is also the biggest at six feet and five inches. Expect him to last very long in the match. He is very strong and tough to take down. Wear him down constantly and he will give in.

Gerard: Sampson?

Sampson: I present to you TK Jones.

He gestures to the projector that shows his bio.

Sampson: Not much experience in wrestling. Relied on his showmanship for years. While he may seem like a pushover he may just win this one by having a different mindset than anybody else. If it will be to your advantage I must inform you he was a former host.

Gerard: Oh, of what?

Sampson: A children's cartoon show.

Everyone goes silent.

Gerard: Corey your turn.

Corey: There will be a Ninja in your midst.

Gerard: Very funny Corey.

Corey: No seriously, his name is seriously "The Ninja" and he is highly trained. In fact we couldn't even get a hold of his profile. It probably doesn't exist.

Gerard: For Christ's sake... did you even take any time to research this Corey?

Corey: I am telling you the truth. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Gerard: I am very sorry for this Mr. Alexander. I guess we will just have to move along. Stevenson, please tell me you did yours unlike Corey over here.

Stevenson: Of course I did. I now am highly offended.

Gerard: I am sorry Stevenson. I was just trying to make a point that everyone else did their job except Corey's.

Corey: I SWEAR-

Gerard: Shush. You had your chance to speak. Now it is Stevenson's turn. Stevenson please go ahead.

Stevenson: Well, I had the honor of doing Mr. Titus Black's profile. If you would all look at the projector screen I have prepared a very special presentation for all of you.

Corey slumps in his chair while Gerard looks up in admiration. The projector shows a power point presentation. There is classical music playing in the background.

Stevenson: Mr. Titus Black was born on April 21, 1992 in Battle Mountain, Nevada. He weighs approximately two hundred and thirty five pounds. He is six feet and three inches tall. He was a standout at Leo Graven’s Graven Image Academy. He turned pro three months ago. His first match was a spectacular-

Gerard: We don't need to know that much.

Stevenson: But I,

Gerard: I'm sorry we have to move on. Gregory if you would please.

Gregory: Cole Tanner is the only second generation wrestler in this match and the only Canadian. He has shown promise but has yet to live up to any expectations. He may have some tricks up his sleeve for this match.

Gerard: Next.

Nick: Alex Steele. Brash. Confident. Cocky. Personally I don't think he can live up to his own hype. He's a joker, a slacker. I don't see him getting very far into this match, and maybe even in this company.

Gerard: Nice. And now.

Gerard pauses as he remembers something. Suddenly the others get up and start to whisper.

Gerard: Ok we should we should. Excuse us Mr. Alexander. We were just discussing a very important topic. We would like to present the favorite to win... umm besides you of course.. the second favorite to win this match. Pancake Pete...

There is a pause.

Dave stares at Dan. He suddenly bursts out laughing.

Dave: PANCAKE PETE!?!?!? HAHAHAHA!!

Jude looks at him confused. Joe and Mel calm him down.

Dave: OKAY OKAY! But, HAHAHA!!

Dan stares at him until he stops.

The projector slowly switches to Pancake Pete's profile.

Gerard: We have counted the match maker's odds. The general public has voted Pancake Pete to be the fan favorite. Bookies have told us that Pancake Pete is roughly 87-1. Neil here has carefully reviewed
Pancake Pete...

Neil: First of all. This guy has been in the business for twelve years. He has an extensive background in the culinary arts. His style is completely unpredictable. We need you to be extremely careful with this guy. He could be the one to beat you.

The others look at Neil in shock.

Dave: Are you serious?

Dan stares at him. Dave turns to Mel and Joe.

Dave: I think he's bullshitting us. No way this is true.

Mel: I remember that match. There was a Pancake Pete.

Dave: Yeah, but there is no way a group of experts would be praising some pancake mascot in a wrestling match!

Joe: Just let him finish.

Gerard: Dan please be careful when facing Pancake Pete.

Dave bursts out laughing again.

Joe: DAVE!

Dave: I'm SORRY! HAHAHA! Please continue. HAHAHA!

Gerard: Well our work here is done. Good job everybody. Except Corey. Dan if you would take a copy of each person's profile home to study on. It would be in your best interest.

Dan takes up the pile of papers. Gerard and the others leave the office in single file. Dan sat there and for the first time thought about the match. In about three days he would be facing nine other men in an over the top rope battle royal. For the most part he felt good about himself. He had more pressure put on him in the past. He could handle a match on pay-per view. He had wrestled more skillful and powerful men before. And he had thought up a gameplan for himself. A few of the smaller guys would be the first to go. As for the bigger men he could easily tire them out. Most of them couldn't wrestle themselves out of a paper bag. If the situation called for it he would use his Leopard Whip to end anyone who tried to hang on. Then he thought about Pancake Pete. For some reason these men were worried about him. The odds were all in favor of Pancake Pete. For a second Dan doubted himself then he realized that he had the upper hand on all of the contestants. No one knew he was in cahoots with IWF management. No one knew he was even in the Isolation card. No one knew he was going to win the title...

Jude: Waaaaaa waaaa waaaa!

Dave: Ugghhh! Something stinks!

Jude had taken a poop. Dan lifted him up.

Dan: Christine! Christine!

Suddenly a door at the end of the hallway opened. Footsteps were heard coming into the living room.

Dan: Christine. Jude needs a diaper change. Don't you Jude?

Jude: waa ama ma maa amaa!

Christine: Okay big man come over here.

Christine walked over to Dan and Jude. Christine was about as old as Dan. She still kept a lean figure and showed signs of beauty from her youth. She took him from his hands and carried him back to the room where she came from.

Dave: So, you’re married?

Dan: Yes.

Dave: When did you meet?

Dan had just finished a dark match on the indie circuit. He went backstage to rest. His match was against a biker. He had a manager whose name was Christine Willyerd. They had locked eyes before. It was only about two years later that they met each other again.

Dave: By the way why were you called "Deuce".

Dan walked into Chris' office.

Chris: Dan! Take a seat. I would like to have a word with you about something.

Dan took a seat at an office chair.

Chris: We got a name for you. From now on you will be Dan "Deuce" Alexander.

Dave: Didn't that offend you? Why did you accept it?

Dan: He wasn't using the term in that manner.

Chris: A few months ago we were scouting a few wrestlers for the job you have now. We evaluated each one of you. Comparing one another with each other’s attributes.

Dan nodded.

Chris: And each time you tied them stat by stat. It didn't matter who it was. You managed to match their attributes. When we compared the others together there were some lopsided entries and some close ones but not as close as you. And that is why we codenamed you "Deuce".

Dave: Wow.

Dave was about to ask another question when suddenly the sound of rain was heard outside. The rain had started up again even stronger than before. Dan got up from his chair and looked out the window. Mel got up and paused the recording and turned the camera off.

Mel: We got a good forty five minutes. I think we should take a break.

Joe: Good idea I'll get our food in the van.

Christine: Nonsense. You guys are eating here.

Christine had just walked into the room. She had left Jude in his crib to take a nap.

Joe: Are you sure Mrs. Alexander? We have our lunches in the van. I can go get them. It's no problem really.

Christine: Don't be foolish. C'mon all of you sit at the table.

Christine set plates while the three got up. Dave took off the blazer before coming at the table.

Christine: Now I am sure I still have some of that fried chicken from last night.

Christine went into the fridge and pulled out a large foil tray. Inside were a mix of wings, legs and, thighs. She put it in the oven. The three men sat at the wooden table.

Christine: Now while we wait why don't you tell us where you all came from?

Mel: Well we came from the city. Skyline headquarters to be exact.

Dave: Hey Mel. I think she mean't where you grew up.

Mel: Oh, I grew up in Newark, New Jersey ma'am.

Joe: Milwaukee, Wisconson.

Dave: I grew up in Oaksville, California.

Joe turned to Dave.

Joe: I never new you came from a modest background.

Dave: I didn't. My father owned a successful winery up there.

Christine: How nice.

Dave: Mrs. Alexander. What can you tell us about your husband? He seems a little private. We had trouble with the interview a while ago.

Dan had just walked into one of the rooms.

Christine: Oh he's always been that way. He doesn't have many visitors. Your the first in a very long while.

Dave: Oh really?

Christine: Yes. The last visit he had was from a man named Ryoko. He knew him when he wrestled in Japan. But that must have been 5 years ago now.

Joe: Does he open up to you? You two have been married quite a while if I may make that observation. I think that a good marriage involves communication.

Christine: Yes he does. Especially with his son. He loves him very much. All they do is play together. They go out every weekend to the park. Believe it or not, he really has opened up. He wasn't always this way.

The sound of the front door shutting reached her. Christine walked out of the kitchen. She had to walk all the way to the main hallway. She and Dan had just moved into a big house. It was for intensive purposes a mansion. She couldn't be more excited and at the same time a little frightened. She had never been in a huge house before. She saw a big figure at the hallway. She turned on the lights.

Christine: Oh Dan. It's you.

Dan took off his shoes and set them aside. He put down his bag on a counter.

Christine: Oh honey how are you?

Dan looked at her then walked past into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water.

Christine: You hungry? I can make you something to eat. This oven we got is sooo huge! I can definitely fix us a turkey sometime.

Dan finished the water. He walked to the laundry room. He took off his sweater and threw it in the hamper.

Christine: A whole turkey.

Dan started to go upstairs.

Christine: Dan. Is something the matter?

Dan stopped to look at her.

Dan: No.

Dan continued up the stairs. Christine chased after him. When she got to him he turned around. She put his hands around his face.

Christine: Dan. What's the matter?

Dan looked at her with cold blank eyes.

Christine: You haven't shaved in months. Have they been working you? They got you doing that champion thing. You're working too hard. Look at you. You look tired baby.

Christine pulled in his head to kiss him.

Christine: Tell em you don't wanna do this anymore. I don't care if we lose this house. I love you Dan. You don't deserve to be their little puppet champion. You're not a slave to them.

Christine pulled him close and they kissed. They walked into the bedroom.

Deuce looked at himself in the mirror of the bathroom. He rubbed his grayish beard. He pounded his chest. He opened up the mirror. He turned a bottle that read: Aleve Naproxen. He picked it up and was about to open it when he heard voices calling him.

Joe: Mr. Alexander have some of this fried chicken!

Christine: Come out of there honey.

Mel: Yeah Mr. Alexander it's great!

He put back the bottle and closed the mirror. He looked at himself in the mirror.

Disclaimer: All content expressed in this video is copyright of Skyline Media. All audio expressed in this video is copyright of Skyline Media. The user agrees that this video is in full compliance with U.S.C Title 17, Section 107, which constitutes a "fair use" agreement from the rightful copyright owners, Skyline Media. For any of those wishing to distribute this video online, you must acknowledge Skyline Media as the original creator of this video. Failure to give due credit will result in an immediate deletion of the pirated material. Copyright 2026.
Back to top Go down

Isolation RP #2
Page 1 of 1