Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moments.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Moments. Empty
PostSubject: Moments.   Moments. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:59 pm

In each persons career, in each persons life, there are moments. Moments that define them as a professional, or as a person. These moments are what create personalities, and emotions. Yet moments, can break people. Can cause the strongest man, to fall to his knees and weep. So each and everyone one of us have to make sure that when our moment comes along, we take it. We grab it with both hands, hold tight, and see where it takes us. For some, the moment will take us to stardom, to heights that we cannot fathom. For others, they will take them lower than they ever wanted to go.

Moments define people. Tonight, will define me. When my moment comes along, I will grab it with both hands, and enjoy the journey it takes me on.

This, is my moment.

-----------------------------

The lights shone down into my eyes, as I threw the limp body forwards over my shoulders, and my knee smashed into his skull. I didn't quite know how exactly I got into this position, or quite where I was, but it was fine. Because I knew all I needed to know. I had just hit the 'New Dawn', which meant my impending victory was all but sealed. I dropped to my knees, hooking a leg, and listening as the referee slammed his hand onto the mat once, twice, three times. I heard the bell ring, the referee pull me up, raising my hand in victory. The cameras began to flash, as 'The Feel Good Drag' began to blare out around the arena. I had done it. I had seized the moment, and won my debut.

Not that I hadn't expected to. Chuck had been working with me all week, strategies, game plans, new moves to catch out my opponents, we had gone through it all. He wanted me to look my best, but more importantly, to put Bryant Tanner on notice. I needed to make sure he knew exactly what I could do, without showing him too much of what I'm about. So, I did what I was told, and won. And there I was, standing in front of thousands of people, with my arm raised in victory.

Yet, even with in my glorious victory, I couldn't celebrate too much. Sure, I had won on my debut, but the biggest challenge was yet too come. In seven days, I would take on Bryant in a 'Fans Bring The Weapons' match at Isolation. This wasn't a match I could take lightly. I was facing an experienced guy, in a match where random strangers bring weapons for us to beat each other with. Not exactly the ideal match to prepare for.

But this victory was enough. Enough to make a mark. Enough to make the doubters realise that I'm not here to have a good time and have a few laughs. I'm here to dominate. To win. To create defining moments, not only in my career, but in the legacy of Insurgency Wrestling Federation. My moments will come, starting at Isolation.

But for that moment, all was right in the world. Me, standing tall, with my arm raised.

-----------------------------

Bryant Tanner will realise on Sunday night, that in one single match, there can be two defining moments. When I defeat him, in the center of the ring, it will be the moment which propels me towards the top. That will make everyone notice me. The moment in which, I become accepted.

Whereas in the same moment, Tanner will become the forgotten man. He will be cast aside like a piece of trash, left behind in the sea of adoration for myself. His moment tonight, will be the defining moment in which a career spirals out of control.

Do I feel bad for creating this moment? No. It must happen. Somebody would eventually fall into the trap, and become the forgotten man. Tonight, it will be Bryant. But as the weeks go by, more and more men will be cast aside, at the expense of me. So at least Bryant won't be lonely at the bottom.

Tonight, begins the rise of a 'New Dawn'. A New Breed of wrestler will stamp his name into the minds of every competitor in this federation.

That name? Me.

Matt Rydell.

And don't you ever fucking forget it.
Back to top Go down

Moments.
Page 1 of 1