Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight Empty
PostSubject: Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight   Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm

One fall for the Queen of Wrestling Championship. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight   Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Louisburg, North Carolina. The day after Battle Grounds XLV: Gathering Storm:

Rosalie stared at the front porch of the house she had parked her rental car in front of. It looked the same as it always had. Large and inviting with rocking chairs placed strategically for optimum neighborhood watching. She could just imagine her mother sitting in one of them and yelling at the kids from across the street to get off her lawn. The mental image made Rosalie smile, but it was brief.

She sighed and checked her phone for the time. She had a plane to catch back to Boise tonight, but she had plenty of time for this. She should have brought Andrew this time, for moral support, but he had refused and gone as far as making sure that he was scheduled for this weekend. Rosalie, on the other hand, felt obligated to make this visit, since Louisburg was about fifteen miles north of the arena.

She knew she was procrastinating getting out of the car. Delaying the inevitable. Part of her wished that her paranoid mother would see a strange car parked outside and come out onto the porch. Force the encounter. But she knew it was more likely that the cops would be showing up. With a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head, Rosalie pushed the door open and stepped out of the car, and started up the sidewalk to the porch.

She hesitated at the front door after climbing the steps, and frowned. Did she use her key, or did she ring the doorbell? She wasn’t sure anymore. She settled on knocking, and then trying the knob. It was unlocked, and she poked her head inside.

Hello? Anyone here?

There was no response, and she stepped inside. She would check the den; dad sometimes fell asleep in his chair watching the sports report. As she got closer, she could hear him snoring, and she chuckled softly. Good guess on her part. She stood there in the doorway for a minute. Mother didn’t seem to be around, and that made this visit a little easier for now. She let her hand rest on her father’s shoulder for a moment before she gave a gentle shake.

Dad? It’s me. I’ve come for a visit.

The middle-aged man in the chair jerked awake, and Rosalie smiled at him as he took a moment to re-orient himself to his surroundings. When he recognized her, he smiled, and Rosalie felt her heart leap, and relief washed over her. He wasn’t angry with her. That was a good thing.

Hello, Rosie. I was wondering if you’d stop by.

He grinned and rose up out of his chair to give her a hug. She returned it with a tight embrace of her own. She had missed her family very much, and while she was glad to have Andrew living with her, it wasn’t the same.

I’ve missed you, Dad. How have you been?

He smiled, but she could see that he was tired. More tired than she had ever seen him before, and the smile didn’t seem as warm as those that she remembered.

I’ve been all right, Rosie. It feels empty without you and Andrew close by, though. Your mother misses you too.

Rosalie gave him a skeptical look. She wouldn’t believe that her mother missed her, after kicking her out of the house, and then kicking Andrew out as well.

I hope you can forgive me for not believing that.

Her father shrugged.

Believe what you want, Rosie. I know I was wrong to support her in kicking the two of you out, and I think she’s starting to believe that it was wrong too. Not that she’ll admit it, so don’t go bothering her about it.

Rosalie chuckled. She came by her stubbornness honestly, and she was certain it came from her mother’s side. She looked around the den, and into the empty kitchen. She didn’t hear her mother anywhere in the house, so she wondered what was going on.

All right, I won’t. Where is Mom, anyway?

She went to the grocery store. She should be home any minute.

Her father looked at his watch, and nodded to himself. And as if on cue, Rosalie heard her mother’s car in the driveway. She swallowed hard, and tried to keep the butterflies that had just launched in her stomach from getting out of control.

This was worse than the stage fright she sometimes got before a shoot or a really important match. She wondered why, and could only come up with one good explanation. All girls wanted the approval of their mothers, but Rosalie was sure that she would never be good enough for her mom. It was just the way of things, unfortunately.

The kitchen door opened, and Rosalie heard her mother enter the house.

Whose car is that outside?

Rosalie chuckled at hearing the concern in her mother’s curiosity. She had been right, and that made her feel a little better.

It’s mine, Mom. It’s a rental.

Rosalie’s mother came around the corner, and stared at her daughter. Rosalie could see the mixed emotions and conflicting thoughts that ran through her mother’s mind by the twitching of her face. Finally, her mother spoke.

Hello, Rosie. How are you?

Rosalie let out the breath she hadn’t realized she was holding in a sigh of relief, and stepped forward to hug her mother. She was slightly surprised when her mother hugged her back tightly.
I’m good, Mom. Andrew’s been a good roommate, and I’ve found a really great guy named Josh. My job is challenging and exciting. I’m really doing well.

Rosalie smiled as she realized that she meant it. She pulled back from the hug, to see a weird look on her mother’s face.

You’ve been doing well on that show.

Rosalie blinked. Had she just heard what she thought she heard? Had her mother been watching IWF?

I can’t wait to see your rematch with Ruby on the pay-per-view.

Her father chimed in, and Rosalie looked between her parents with a mixture of disbelief and great pleasure.

You… you’ve been following my career?

Her mom laughed and blushed a little.

Yes. Quietly. The neighbors don’t know. But it’s like a soap opera. It’s fun to watch. I even have a Rosalie Knight t-shirt. So does your father.

Rosalie laughed, and then hugged her parents both tightly again.

Well, then, I’ll do my very best against Ruby this weekend.

That is what we like to hear, Rosie. That you’re doing your best at whatever it is that you’re doing.

Her father grinned.

Let’s help your mother get the groceries in, and then we can go out to lunch together and you can catch us up on everything.

Rosalie grinned and nodded, and made a beeline through the kitchen. This visit was turning out so much better than she had thought it would.

Boise, Idaho:

Rosalie stood on her back porch, a glass of lemonade in her hands, and stared out at the Idaho scenery. She was up on a hill, so all of Boise was spread out before her. She wore a frown, and appeared to be lost in thought.

The conversation she had with Andrew earlier hadn’t gone as well as she expected. She had hoped that he would see that Mom and Dad were slowly starting to change and to accept that their way was not the only way. He had gotten angry about it and left to go stay with a friend, and although she understood the reaction, she wished it had been different.
She shrugged. Oh well. Can’t win all the battles. If there was one thing that being in pro wrestling had taught her, it was that. Someone had to win, and someone had to lose. Draws didn’t really bring in the money. It was all about the feuds and the triumphs and the defeats.

She looked up as she felt that prickling between her shoulder blades and on the back of her neck again. There it was yet again, the feeling that she was being watched. It made her anxious, and she wondered if she was ever going to figure out who it was. With Andrew gone for the weekend, she wasn’t so sure about her safety.

As if on cue, however, she heard Josh’s car in the driveway, and smiled. She hadn’t expected to see him today, so this was a pleasant surprise. She stepped off the porch and went around to the front of the house. Josh was getting out of his car with a grin, and he offered her the pink roses that were in his hand.

I talked to Andrew earlier… I thought you could use some cheering up.

She stared at him for a moment, and then looked down at the roses that she had accepted without a single second thought. Ethan had been attentive, and motivational… but he’d always been more concerned about himself and his art in the long run. He had never brought her flowers just because he thought she needed cheering up.

A wide grin spread across her lips, and she crossed the distance between herself and him in an instant. Throwing her arms around his neck, she kissed him long and hard.

Thank you, she whispered into his ear as she finally pulled back. She wasn’t sure what had come over her, only that in that moment, she had wanted nothing more than to be with him.

He blinked at her as she pulled back, and chuckled a little. Wow. That was not the reaction I was expecting. I might have to bring flowers more often.

Rosalie laughed, and then took him by the hand to tug him toward the house. She’d gone and worked herself up with that kiss, and now she wanted more. How much time do you have?

The tone of her voice hinted at what she was thinking, and she had the satisfaction of watching him blush a little.

I’m done with work for the night… was going to do laundry but it can wait. He cleared his throat and looked from her to the house and back again. Andrew’s gone for the night?

Rosalie nodded, and then grinned again. Yeah. He went down to Salt Lake for the weekend. We have the house to ourselves.

Josh grinned, and seemed to relax a little. Then I have all the time in the world for you, until you leave for your show.

He bent down and slid his arm under her legs, and scooped her up into his arms. She was surprised, seeing as she weighed more than her build might suggest. It was all muscle, though, from the training she did to stay in shape with IWF. So the fact that he could sweep her off her feet quite literally that way made her feel… safe? She wasn’t sure that was the right word, but with the way that her heart had begun to rush, she wasn’t really capable of coming up with other words right now.

You are amazing, you know that? she asked as he carried her into the house.

I try. He grinned, and the door shut behind them to keep the outside world away for now.

The camera focuses on Rosalie Knight as she sits in the locker room to lace up her boots. She’s not smiling, but she doesn’t look angry, either. What she looks is absolutely determined. She does up the laces slowly, making sure all the ends are tucked in where they need to be tucked. If Twitter is to be believed, this would be a no disqualifications match, but it isn’t like her to go into a match intending to fight dirty. At least the no-DQ stipulation might give her a chance at getting that belt away from Ruby… but on the flip side of the coin, it might open the doors to Natural Law’s interference.

Well, here we go again, Ruby. For the second time in two weeks we’re going to face off. This time, though… Well, let’s just say your boys in Natural Law aren’t going to be able to deter me from giving you all my best and all my fury.

She thinks back to last week when Hostyle approached her. He had a point; there is strength in numbers. But something in her rebels against the thought of teaming up. No, it’s not the thought of teaming up. It’s the thought of having to team up just to protect herself. No, she shouldn’t have to be forced into an arrangement like that because of circumstance. It makes her angry.

You may think that you’re the Queen of Wrestling. Go ahead and keep thinking that, because come the end of tonight, there’s going to be a new Queen of the Ring. Me.

She stands and looks straight at the camera, and takes the mic that’s been held by the unseen technician while she finished her boots. She points at the lens, as though speaking directly to Ruby Winters.

You, Ruby. You’re a good wrestler. I can’t deny that at all. But we’re all good wrestlers here. I don’t have a problem when you rise to the top on your own merits. But you haven’t. You’ve got your boys in Natural Law covering your ass. That’s all well and good, but what happens when it comes time for you to stand on your own? What happens when other people decide to keep your friends from getting into the ring?

I’ll tell you what happens. You have to stand on your own two feet, and you have to face me. I’m at my best, sugar. I haven’t been this good ever, and all I can do from here is go up. You’re nothing more than a stepping stone on my way to claiming that crown. You’ve been in my way for far too long; everyone has.

Rosalie pounds a fist against her chest. It’s clear that there’s a change in her from last week; what that change is or what caused it is hard to tell. Whatever it was, she’s fired up in a way that she’s never been before.

I’m getting damn tired of it. Things have got to change. Tonight is my night to shine. Tonight is my night to wear the crown. It would be easiest if you just bowed before me and called me your highness, but I’m sure that I’m going to have to beat you into submission.

By this point she looks absolutely riled. Possibly furious, possibly riding some sort of adrenaline high before the battle.

And you know what? That’s fine by me. It’s time to show not just you, but Natural Law, that there is rising talent in this federation that’s just as good as they are, but without the backstabbing and without the shady dealings. I have just as much drive, just as much ambition, just as much skill, and just as much strength. So bring it, your highness. Bring all you’ve got to the ring with you tonight, because tonight you’re losing that crown to me, and I will make you bow.

Rosalie tosses the mic at the tech, who catches it, and the camera fades to black as she heads for backstage.
Back to top Go down
Ruby Winters

Ruby Winters

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-3-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight   Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight 3248626212_95da54edf2

"That's right boys and girls of all ages!! It's time for Christmas in July starring your favorite natural bitch, Ruby Winters as...Mrs. Claus!! I wonder what she has for us today!

The sound of computer generated applause and chewing from children as Ruby Winters appeared dressed in a sexy Santa suit. She held a smirk on her face as she carried a red velvet bag onto the scene with her. She looked at the fake tree that had been set up and took an ornament off of it, bringing it to her lips and lightly blowing on it, wiping it off gently on her costume before placing it back on the tree before turning around. The red haired beauty had a smirk on her face as she made her way over to the decorated chair that had been set up specifically for her. As the woman sat down, she began to speak in a fake cheery voice.

"Now what does Mrs. Clause have in her special bag tonight? Why it's sure to be things to tell an excellent story with!!"

Ruby dug around in the bag for a few moments, pretending to look for something in it before put a pretend, happy look on her face when her fingers grasped onto something in the bag. The woman slowly pulled her arm out of the velvet bag, revealing her Queen of Wrestling title. She sat up straight, though she knew all of the guys were enjoying the view of her leaning over. Once she got comfortable, the red haired beauty turned her title around so that the camera could get a good view of it as she began to speak.

"Now this boys and girls is Mrs. Claus' Queen on Wrestling championship. I won this when I beat Anna Stone at Ragnarok, and now Rosalie Knight somehow convinced management that she's a worthy competitor for it. Apparently getting beaten by the champion is reason to believe you should at a shot at the champion's title. But it doesn't matter I suppose...what's done is done after all."

Ruby smirked as she laid her title across her lap once more. She began digging in her bag once more, trying to feel the pictures that she had placed in the bag earlier in the day when she had set everything up for her creative little promo. When her fingers finally slid across tens surface of the pictures, she grasped them in a tight grip and pulled them out of the bag, allowing the softness of the velvet to run down the exposed skin of her lower arm and hand, watching it drop rogue floor before she straightened the pictures on a small table that was in front of her.n the first picture was of Rosalie Knight, the middle one was of the other two members of the Human Highlight Reels, and the last picture was of herself with the rest of Natural Law, including their newest member.

"Now here we have three special pictures children. One of them is of Rosalie Knight while the middle one is the rest of her newly joined team, The Human Highlight Reels. Now the best picture of them all is the very last picture that is of me and the team I'm part of, Natural Law. Of course Natural Law and I are here to do a few simple things...win all of the titles that we do rightfully deserve, bring in a new era of excellence for IWF, and have only the absolute best in our ranks. Now of course, the Human Highlight Reels feel differently than myself and therest of Natural Law. They obviously don't want the best in their ranks since they took in poor little Rosalie Knight. I mean really, I haven't seen her accomplish anything at all as of lately. I just beat her this past Battlegrounds and yet they really want to believe that she can beat me. Nice already proven that she's nothing compared to me."

Ruby smirked as she looked over the pictures and then at her title that was still resting in her lap. She knew that no one believed that she could handle Rosalie on her own, but she was determined to prove everyone wrong. She made a mental note to send Chad a text about keeping the rest of Natural Law it of her match no matter what. The woman smirked again as she looked up at the camera that had been feeding her little story to everyone. As the woman stared at the camera, everyone watching saw a look on her face that they had never seen before. She had long forgotten the funny and cheerful voice that she had been previously using to stay in her role as Mrs. Claus and had gone back to her normal and typical voice. Hedge red haired beauty held a smirk on his face as she picked up the pictures of Rosalie and her team members, holding them together before she ripped them in half and then in half again, letting 8 total pieces of the pictures slowly flutter to the ground.

"Oh it'll be Christmas in July for me when I pin Rosalie to the mat for the 1.....2.....3 to get the win and keep my title right where it belongs, around the beautiful waist of myself. It's going to stay in Natural Law, with the rightful holders. Nothing is going to change at the pay-per-view just as nothing will change for quite a while with me holding this title. I've had 2 losses in my entire career and won a title within my first month as well as joining the best team in IWF. What makes anyone think I'm anything but successful and will be anything aside from that?"

Ruby smirked as she patted her title. Since she had gotten back at Ragnarok, she hadn't allowed the shine on the metal plate orthe name plate leave it once. She made sure that the title looked as good as the woman that would be holding it and that would be holding it for a while to come. As the red haired beauty stood up, she locked the title around her waist and picked up the picture of herself with the members of Natursl Law and spoke one final time.

"Whether or not the rest of the Human Highlight Reels gets involved, whether this is a no disqualification match or not...no matter what happens on Sunday night, I will walk out of the arena still the Queen of Wrestling Champion. Rosalie, make sure you have an ambulance waiting for you in the parking lot because your going to need a quick rise to the hospital without a doubt in my mind."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight   Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruby Winters [vs.] Rosalie Knight
Page 1 of 1