Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons   Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

Fading in from darkness we see a lightly rolling ocean, washing across the eastern sea board. Nightfall has casted a dark shade upon the waves, and due to the full bright blue moon above, has given the sands of South Boston a nice even coat of pale white. Water gently brushes up against the sand, calm, undisturbed. Then a riff kicks in over the peaceful serenity. ‘Light it Up’ by Rev Theroy starts playing, and as the riff slowly charges up, the waves start stirring. A small sliver of light peeks up over the horizon, emitting a light dot of Fiery red. Short drifts are now powering up for larger water walls, giving some ideal surfing conditions. That light beyond the horizon grows even more, and now it appears to be a sunset. Near the coast we can see figures start to move under the shallow water. Just as the full band kicks in for the song, the shapes come to life …

Robbie Hart, Corey Casey and Crimson Skull emerges from the water. All looking like they just got back from some deep sea diving, just without the scuba gear. The dripping veterans make their way onto the beach, dressed in their street clothes. From behind them even more wrestlers appear. Chad Mason, Steel Angel, and Stygian off to one side, and Marcus Silverstone along with Jinx on another side. That sunset pushes up even more, seeming to be more than a sunset as it looks like two solid orange objects. The waves are downright dangerous at this point, smashing down violently. Yet the wrestlers continue to appear from the water unharmed, focused on getting onto the beach. Ruby Winters, Anna Stone, and Death Angel are next to follow out of the aftermath of a twelve foot wave battering down. Those objects in the background now appear to be three bright, burning letters...IWF. One last man emerges from the waters, and it’s Hostyle Jones. He looks insane as ever, and we can tell that as we zoom in on his usual crazy contact eyes. One eye reads ‘I’, the other ‘W’. He then smiles, and his mouth guard reads ‘Battle Grounds’. With his make up caked grimacing face the logo for Battle Grounds takes over the air as we go inside the Scottrade Center

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Bg2012

LIVE from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons IMGP0907

The camera pans around the arena back and forth as a cascade of pyro rains down from above the stage, and fires up through it. The camera spots a table set up in the center of the ring, and The Battle Grounds theme music is cut short by Johnny Cash’s God’s gonna cut you down. The crowd jump to there feet as the main riff kicks in and the IWF Hall of Famer walks out form the back, wearing his ‘Never to Old for a Comeback’ t-shirt, jeans, and a cowboy hat. He walks down to the ring and circles around, grabbing a mic from ringside and climbing in, he looks down at the contract sitting on the table

Johnny Styles
“If you asked me five months ago if I would be standing out here getting ready to sign a contract to take part in a match that nearly killed me the first time around, I would have to you to go shit in a hat, but here we are two weeks away from that very thing.”

He takes another long look at the contract, and rises the mic up to his mouth

Johnny Styles
“For the last month, when the shit hit the fan. I’ve had to deal with my family begging me to back out, I had to listen to my ol’ friend Porter pretty much tell me I’m committing suicide by signing this contract. And I really do appreciate everyone’s concern, but the last few weeks I’ve proved this dog still has some fight left in him! It’s about time my family, my friends, and each and everyone of you guys here tonight stop doubting me and send you’re concerns to Crimson Skull!”

The crowed feeds off the energy from SBK, and give him a small pop

Johnny Styles
“Five years ago, Crimson Skull had to break my fucking back to keep me down, come two weeks he’s going to have to kill me to stop me from walking out of From The Ashes with vengeance! And to put it bluntly, I don’t think Crimson Skull has the balls to put me down for good! He hasn’t been able to complete the job the past ten years, I doubt the old dog has changed much!”

As almost on queue, a little child’s voice is heard and Traumatosis’ audit hits the PA system and the reaper himself appears at the top of the stage. Crimson Skull slowly makes his way down the isle, both men eyes are locked on each other. Crimson Skull walks up the steel steps and enters the ring, the two men stand face to face, toe to toe.

Johnny Styles
“Speak of the devil and he shall appear!”

Crimson Skull, slaps the mic away from his face. SBK starts jawing at Skull, and the Crimson King does it right back.

Johnny Styles brings the mic back to his mouth

Johnny Styles
“We’ve been talking shit for the last six years, why don’t we sign the contract and make this official!”

Skull doesn’t move, while SBK takes a seat across from Skull and without saying another word Johnny picks up the pen flips open the contract and signs on the dotted line…Crimson Skull turns the contract around and looks at Johnny Styles’ signature. He looks back up and stares at SBK for a long, hard moment before picking up the microphone.

Crimson Skull
I’ve given you chance after chance of being civil with me. When I first returned to the ring, I gave you the chance to fight me without any hesitation or any slights of hand being taken against you. I came to you with respect. You mouthed off, and disrespected me. I warned you that you should take this match against me, because you know better than anyone just how far I am willing to go in order to convince you to see things my way. You mouthed off again, and disrespected me. I started taking out those closest to you, and you still declined my match offer. Finally, it took you seeing your little brother decimated by my hands, just like you were years ago. And yet you still mouthed off to me and disrespected me. After all that we’ve been through, you still have to act like that bad boy in front of the camera. When in all honesty, you should have thanked me.

SBK tilts his head to the side in confusion. The crowd’s cheers aren’t as loud now, they’re hanging on Skull’s every word, wondering where this is going.

Crimson Skull
You should have thanked me, just as I thanked you. Without me, Johnny Styles would never have been as big of a name as he is today. Just like without you, the legend of the Crimson King wouldn’t be as menacing as it is here today. Think back John, 6 years ago. When did they start calling you the Strike Back Kid? It was during our bitter rivalry. Every time that I would hand your ass to you in the middle of that ring, you kept coming back for more. You kept striking back. Our careers are intertwined, I’ve said it before, I’ll say it till the day I die. This is why you should have gladly agreed to facing me. Instead, you put on a good poker face for the crowd. But I know the truth. Deep down, you’re trembling inside. You know exactly what I am capable of inside the Reaper’s House of Horrors. You’re afraid that this time, you’ll have a permanent injury, one that you can go through physical therapy for. It’s a normal feeling for old dogs like us though, isn’t it? It’s why we’re retiring. We can’t go out there with our heads held up that we can still stop anything that comes into our path. Our ships are sailing, our time has passed. I gave you the opportunity to face me in honor, so that we both could walk away from this match knowing that we gave everything we had, for ourselves, our families, our careers, and the fans.

Crimson Skull points out to the crowd as he says this and crowd explodes in cheers. SBK looks around to the crowd, with an unsettled look on his face. Once the cheers die down, Skull continues.

Crimson Skull
But instead, you do what you do best. You ran that mouth on and on. When it comes down to it, I’m sick and tired of hearing it, and it’s time for me to shut it up for good!

Skull is leaning over the table now, inches from SBK’s face. SBK is furious, mouthing curses at Crimson Skull.

Crimson Skull
So now. You’re not going to face the honorable, legendary, and respectful Crimson Skull at From the Ashes. Oh no, my friend. You’re going to get to face the epitome of death and destruction itself. The One and True evil. This time, you’re going to face the Crimson Devil!

SBK flinches slightly as Skull says this, inadvertently. His hand slowly retreats back to holding his back, a reflex.

Crimson Skull
And this time, when I leave you lying in the ring in a pool of your own blood. Your back broken yet again, you’re going to have to live with the fact of knowing that it wasn’t Crimson Skull who ended the career of Johnny Styles for good. It was Johnny Styles’ attempt at being a bad ass that ended it for him.

The crowd goes insane as Skull slams the microphone down on the table. He grabs the pen and signs the dotted line.

Rick - IT’S OFFICIAL!! CRIMSON SKULL!! JOHNNY STYLES!!! AFTER 6 YEARS, WE WILL FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM FACE OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

Matt - AND THE WORLD WILL KNOW JUST WHO REALLY IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

The two have a staredown as the crowd is going nuts. SBK is the first to turn away. He goes out of the ropes and hesitates. He comes back in the ring and grabs the microphone.

Johnny Styles
You know Vic. For years I’ve sat and wondered at home. Just why is it that Tamara came to me that fateful day whenever she cheated on you with me. And ya know Deadman, I think I’ve figured it out.

Skull’s face is lit on fire at the mere mention of her name. His body begins to tremble with anger.

Johnny Styles
It wasn’t just a gimmick for you. You were dead in the sheets as well!

Rick - OH MY GOD!

The crowd erupts in boos. Something snaps inside of Skull as he throws both of his hands around the neck of Johnny Styles. He tosses him to a ringpost and starts blistering him with lefts and rights.
Johnny Styles fights his way back out of the corner and the two legends just stand there trading blows.

Referees are running down the ramp as they continue to fight back and forth.

The referees get into the ring and start pulling the two men apart. They work them back towards the corners. Crimson Skull clubs a referee with a hard right. Then another with a big boot. Johnny Styles begins fighting off the referees as well. The fans in the crowd are still going insane.

Rick - Pandemonium inside the ring! There are officials lying out cold in the center of the ring.

Matt - Look out! They’re free, and going straight for each other again!

SBK and Skull are back at it, throwing the hardest punches they’ve ever thrown in their lives.
Security from the Scottrade Center has begun pouring out of the backstage area and jumping the barricades at the sides of the rings.

Before long, the entire ring is covered with security officials and Skull and SBK are forced into opposite corners.

Styles manages to get free and super kicks three officials within the blink of an eye. Skull has thrown four outside of the ring and is double choke slamming another pair.

Rick - Is there anything that can stop these two men?

In a matter of seconds 17 security guards are lying in the ring and outside of it as well. Skull and SBK have found their way back to fighting again.

Matt - Look! There’s Porter MacLeod! And Steel Angel! And Hostyle Jones! Now, Robbie Hart, Stygian!

Rick - The entire IWF locker room has come out here to separate these two legends from killing each other!

With the combined force of all the wrestlers in the back, SBK and Skull are finally subdued. Robbie Hart is closest to his uncle, holding him and holding the ropes in the same grip. Porter MacLeod is in the center of the ring directing traffic for who to hold onto the other wrestler. Stygian is pancaked against Crimson Skull as the majority of the locker room is holding Skull back, trying to outpower the giant.

Rick - What’s going to happen next? These wrestlers can’t hold these two back for forever, they’ve got matches to compete in tonight!

Skull lets out a bloodcurdling scream that silences most of the audience and a few of the wrestlers in the ring turn to look at him. A green lightning bolt comes crashing down and strike all four ring posts as the lights go out.

Rick - AHHHH!

Matt - The fuck just happened?!

The lights come back on and Crimson Skull is nowhere to be found. All the wrestlers are looking around trying to find him, but he is gone. Johnny Styles is staring straight up into the rafters of the arena, cursing as loud as he can, hoping that Skull can hear him. The IWF locker room has begun to disperse, leaving only Porter MacLeod and Johnny Styles in the ring. Porter looks at Johnny Styles and shakes his head in disappointment before exiting the ring.

Rick: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just witnessed the most intense and brutal starts to any IWF program. Crimson Skull is nowhere to be found, but if you are just tuning in, you have missed the contract signing of the decade. Crimson Skull vs. Johnny Styles in the Reaper’s House of Horrors will in fact take place at From the Ashes!

Matt: And if you are just tuning in, you also missed Rick screaming like a little bitch when the lights went out!

Rick - Did not!

Matt - Did too!

Rick – Coming up next, we have are first match of the night, what a way to start the night

Matt –Right? We just watched Skull and SBK injure almost all the security and refs, and up next we get to see Ryan Apollos go head to head against Duke Dice

Rick – Let’s not forget both SBK and Crimson Skull well be in action tonight!

We cut to a brief commercial hyping From The Ashes II, and when we return Heather Thompson is standing in the center of the ring.

Heather Thompson – Are opening contest is scheduled for one fall, introducing first from San Diego, California and weighing in at 215 pounds … Duke Dice!!!

The sound of a gunshot is heard as the beginning part of That Handsome Devil's "Rob the Prez-O-Dent play on the loud speakers.

"A four score and seven beers ago hehheh."

As the music picks up, Duke Dice enters the arena wearing his trademark fedora hat and athlete gear. He enters the ring in a cheerful manner before removing his black jacket and hat and hands them to the reff who takes them away. He then stands in the ring waiting for his match.

Rick – I really wish we saw more of Duke Dice

Matt – Maybe if he did something worth remembering. The guy’s been here for a while and still hasn’t even had a championship opportunity, or done something that has left the crowed star struck

Rick – Maybe tonight’s gonna be the night

Matt – Wishful thinking, to bad your probably going to be disappointed

Heather Thompson – And introducing his opponent for tonight, healing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and weighing in at 250 pounds … Ryan Apollos!!!

Knock Knock Bitches

The lights shut off as Mothership by Enter Shikari plays. After the intro plays pyro explodes from the stage.

Go tell all your friends that this is the end
This is the end

Ryan Apollos walks out on the stage and stops at the top of the ramp smiling. Before he starts a one man mosh pit. He then starts walking down to the ring.

I don't understand a word you're saying
What are the clouds running from?
There's something in the air tonight
Something is wrong, spit it out!

Apollos walks around the ring before climbing onto the ring apron.

I just fell from the mothership
(they said that)
your answers, they're always lying on the ocean bed
your answers, they're always lying on the ocean bed

Apollos climbs onto the middle turnbuckle and raises his arms in the air before back flipping off the turnbuckle.

there's something in the air
tonight, i'm wide awake, i'm wide awake
tonight, i'm wide awake, i'm wide awake

Apollos enters the ring and circles it before bouncing on the ring ropes facing the hard camera as the music fades.

Rick – Ryan Apollos has been on a freaking tear as of late

Matt – But always seems to come up short when the spotlight is on.

Rick – When the spotlight is on, he’s always put against incredible odds

Matt – Hate to bust your bubble, but I don’t see Duke Dice being some sort of mountain of a man against Ryan

Rick – It wouldn’t be the first time you were wrong

The ref shoots a look at Ryan and then Duke before calling for the bell

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Match
Duke Dice [vs.] Ryan Apollos

[DING DING DING]

Duke Dice and Ryan Apollos immediately go at it right after the bell rings, locking up in a Collar-and-Elbow tie up! As each man tries to assert his dominance, pushing back on one another, they reach a stalemate. They both release the tie up and take a step back from one another. Both Double D and Apollos circle the ring a bit before tying right back up! This time, Ryan takes a cheap shot, lifting his foot up and stomping right onto Duke’s knee joint! This gives Ryan the advantage he needs to get to the side of Duke and take him down with a quick Reverse Russian Leg Sweep! He's quick to go for a cover, but Duke kicks out before the ref can even hit the matt to make the cover! Ryan grabs a hold of Duke’s head and gives him a few punches right to the face before pulling him up in a Side Headlock position. As Ryan maintains control, he swings Duke around, and drops Duke with a Swinging Lifting Inverted DDT! Ryan has an intensely serious look on his face as he gets back up to his feet, and methodically stomps Duke, giving him time to think between each stomp! The fans are explode in favor of Ryan, and continue their support as Ryan Apollos wrenches in an armbar that causes Duke to immediately begin lunging for the ropes to break the hold

Rick - The fans are desperately cheering for Ryan, something we’ve had to get used to ever since Ryan joined the Human Highlight Reels!

Matt – Didn’t he join the HHR, for opportunities? Seems to me Hostyle promise Ryan the world, and has yet to give him a fucking thing

Ryan keeps the Armbar applied with enough pressure to have leverage, but not enough to do any real damage to the point where it would cause a tap out. As he holds it on, his yelling can be picked up by the camera.

Ryan Apollos
”Give up, Duke! Give up! Save your career from anymore embarrassment”

The fans are getting behind Duke to fight out the hold as Ryan gives up on the hold and releases the armbar, and heads over to the ropes. As he turns his back from his opponent, Duke comes from behind him, and rolls him up into a School Boy…

-1-

-2-

Rick – Ryan Apollos kicks out! Just in time!

Matt – Did you seriously believe a school boy would win a match?

Rick – Ryan Apollos almost got caught there!

As both men get back up to their feet, Ryan isn’t thrilled with the sneak attack by Duke, and he lunges at him with a Clothesline that Duke easily ducks. DD then performs a spinning neckbreaker, and with Ryan down, he targets Ryan’s legs applying a figure-four leglock! Ryan is struggling to break out, but shows no signs of giving up, so after about a minute, Duke releases the hold, and gets to his feet, motioning for Ryan to make his way up as well. Ryan shakes his legs to regain feeling as he makes his way up, only to receive a hard kick to the gut that hunches him over, allowing DD to grab him in for a Double Underhook Suplex! DD is quick to pull Ryan back up, this time nailing him with a Snap Suplex! But Duke kills any momentum by pulling Ryan up and getting behind him to apply a Dragon Sleeper! Ryan struggles mightily to fight out, but DD has it in tight! After the better part of a minute, Ryan begins to fade a bit, his arms falling to his side. The ref checks the arm, raising it up and it falls back to Ryan’s side

-1-

He raises it up again, but this time, it stays up! DD eyes get wide as Ryan begins to throw his elbows back, managing to nail DD in the knee several times before Duke has no choice but to stand up to save his knee. He tries to maintain of the hold, but Ryan breaks out, grabbing a hold of DD’s arm and twisting it behind him into a Hammerlock! Ryan torques the arm a bit before twisting it around again before releasing the arm and dropping Duke with an Inverted DDT! As DD is getting back up, Ryan quickly whips him towards the ropes and catches him on the rebound for a hard F5! Ryan covers quickly

-1-

-2-

Rick – Duke barely beat that count!

Matt – Did you see that impact from that F5! You would think that Duke wouldn’t have been able to get up after Ryan almost put him through the ring!

Rick - Give him a little more credit then that…Duke isn’t chopped liver!

Ryan leans over and yells something at Duke, but DD reaches up and pokes Ryan right in the eyes. DD pops up, looking to take advantage, and drops Ryan with a jumping underhook DDT that drives Ryan’s forehead in to the mat. Duke puts the boots to him, but Ryan manages to crawl to the ropes but once Ryan wraps his arm around the center rope, the ref tells Duke to back it up! When DD doesn't listen to him, and proceeds to continue to stomp Ryan in the ropes, the ref begins the mandatory five count! On four, the ref comes in and steps in between to two men, trying to break DD off, and as he does so, Ryan reaches up and grabs a handful of Duke’s waistband, yanking down on it and sending DD spilling through the ropes to the arena floor! As DD starts to get up on the outside, Ryan steps out onto the apron, and comes crashing down with a brutal Double Axe Handle to the back of Duke Dice!

-1-

-2-

-3-

Rick - This would be a huge victory for Duke if he could somehow find a way to pull this out!

Matt -These two need to make sure that they get back in the ring before the count of 10, or it’s not going to matter!

-4-

-5-

Ryan has a hold of DD’s head, and proceeds to ram it repeatedly into the steel barricade as the fans count along with the strikes! After the fourth one, Ryan lets Duke fall to the floor. As he pulls Duke back up, Duke gives him a hard shot to the gut, and gets up, pulling Ryan up and tries to suplex him, however Ryan goes limp and Duke can’t quite get him over. Ryan counters with a suplex of his own as both men land hard. It takes a little while but both men get back up slowly and eventually find themselves back in the ring. Duke is leaning over the top rope as Ryan is down on one knee in the center of the ring. Duke charges and leaps up for a hurcanrana but Ryan catch him and spins him around and attempts the Silencer, but Duke slips out and attempts a Reverse Diamond cutter, but Ryan pushes him away, Duke bounces off the ropes and attempts a cross body and gets caught and dropped with the Silencer! Ryan drapes an arm over Duke as the referee drops and makes the cover

-1-

-2-

-3-

[DING DING DING]

Rick – both men came so freaking close to ending this match, but Ryan caught Duke and used his momentum to drop him with the Silencer and put an end to Dukes hopes of winning here tonight

Matt – Duke was so close! He almost nailed the Jackpot!

Ryan holds his arms up, Duke Dice rolls to his feet and doesn’t look happy. Duke rubs his head as the crowed cheers for his effort. He shakes his head and looks to be leaving the ring, but stops and turns to Ryan Apollos who doesn’t even realize Duke is still in the ring. Duke runs up and drops Ryan with the Jackpot! He stands over the down and out Ryan, while yelling

Duke Dice
“I’m done playing nice with everyone, as far as I’m concern everyone can go fuck themselves!”

Duke rolls out the ring, and the crowed quickly begins letting him know how they feel. The entire arena breaks out into boos as he heads up the ramp

Rick – I can’t believe what Duke just did?

Matt – He just slap each and everyone who ever believed in him

Rick – Maybe this is the edge Duke needs to take his career to the next level

Matt –He just told everyone to pretty much go fuck themselves, I doubt this is gonna make him a better competitor

Rick – We’ll be right back after this commercial break

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Octomom-Nadya-Sulemans-Hilarious-Porn-O-Face-6

OctoMom … They’ll let anyone into porn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we come back from commercial, we see Robbie Hart walking by Javier Sanchez who is seen talking to the newest diva of the Insurgency Isabella Jean. He is rocking a pair of jeans and his HHR tee-shirt. At first Robbie Hart walks right by them, but quickly back steps. He walks up to Isabella

Robbie Hart
“I can’t help but get the feeling we meet before?”

Isabella smiles

Isabella Jean
“I’m pretty famous, I’ve starred in a few … flims”

Robbie Hart
“I’m sure I’ve meet you before …I don’t forget a beautiful face”

Isabella Jean
“Always the charmer Robbie”

Robbie has a dumbfounded look on his face

Robbie Hart
“I can’t help myself, you have to be one of the most stunning woman I’ve ever came across”

The two look eyes

Robbie Hart
“I would love to take you out, how bout we grab something to eat. I don’t have anything to do tonight; I would love to spend a evening in St. Louis with a stunning date like yourself. You know in two weeks, I’ll be the face of this entire company”

Javier Sanchez
“Robbie could I get a few words concerning you championship match against Chad Mason?”

Robbie shoots Javier Sanchez a look

Robbie Hart
“You just had to cock block didn’t you?”

Isabella smirks at the comment, while Javier looks a little uneasy. He attempts to say something before Robbie holds up his hand

Robbie Hart
“Don’t say a word; you might really kill my chances in getting to know Isabella. You want an exclusive, answer me this Javier, what has Chad done for the World Championship? Not a fucking thing! When I was High Impact champion, I put that belt on the map! I had people lining up just for a shoot against me, while Chad has people looking for bigger and better challenges instead of him. Prime example, Anna Stone had a clear line at Chad. Instead she found Stygian a more worthy challenge! That wouldn’t have happened if I was carrying that World Title. Chad isn’t champion material, lets be frank if he didn’t create Natural Law the kid would still be that shy kid in the back of the class.”

Javier Sanchez
“Some would say your still to young to be headlining From the Ashes…”

Robbie Hart
“If I proved anything the last 6 months, its when the lights are at its brightest … I don’t lose. Tell me Javier when was the last time I lost on Pay Per View?”

Javier thinks and attempts to answer but again gets cut off by Robbie Hart

Robbie Hart
“No worries, I can’t remember myself. Chad may feel like he’s on top of the world, but in two weeks he’ll be wishing he was still that little shy superstar that no one ever pay any attention to. When From the Ashes is done and over, IWF well finally have a champion worth mentioning.”

He looks at Isabella

Robbie Hart
“Now if you would excuse me, I have some catching up to do with an old friend.”

Robbie holds the hand of Isabella and the two walk away from the camera, with Robbie whispering sweet nothings in Isabella’s ear. And Isabella is giggling as they head to the parking lot. The camera watches them go before we head back to ringside

Matt – You think Robbie would mind if I burrowed some of his pick up lines?

Rick – What?

Matt – He may have just scored one of the hottest and newest diva’s in the Insurgency! Kid has some game!

Rick – I’m pretty sure there is some history between the two.

Matt – History or not, Robbie played it smooth

Rick – Let’s go to Heather for our next match of the night

Heather Thompson – Are next match of the night is for one fal. Introducing first weighing in at 150 pounds and representing The Human Highlight Reels … Rosalie Knight!!!!

The lights go down for a moment, and there is a moment of silence as the pyrotechnics begin a low, steady burn at the edge of the stage. Suddenly, the opening strains of Flameheart blast over the speakers, and the flames erupt into high gouts of flame, and in the light it’s revealed that a white-cloaked Rosalie Knight is there in center of the stage, kneeling on one knee with her forehead pressed to the hilt of a large prop sword. About the fourth measure of the song (and the third eruption of flames), she rises to her feet and pulls back the hood of the white cloak slowly. She lifts the sword high and shouts out a long, wordless battle cry, turning so that the fans can see her warrior spirit and join in. She begins to chant “knight! Knight!” as she crosses from one end of the stage to another while the music drops in volume, but picks up in tempo and intensity. Once the crowd is roaring, she strides confidently down the ramp, not too fast, with the spotlight following her and her cloak billowing out behind her. She carries the sword low and ready, a symbol of the fight that faces her and her will to win. She reaches the ring and hands off her sword, removes her cloak and hands it off as well, and drops to one knee there in her corner, the same pose in which she started, in time with the final beat of the music. The lights return.

Rick – Rosa is the hottest ticket in the Insurgency, I honestly think she is the next Anna Stone

Matt – She became the Queen of Wrestling champion and really hasn’t looked back!

Rick – But this week she isn’t in a mix tag-team match or fighting a diva. She’s facing Parker Wayde, a guy who I see wearing IWF gold in the near future

Matt – Rosa can hold her own, and Natural Law isn’t even factor now that Rosa has the HHR behind her

Rick – The playing field just got a little more even

Heather Thompson – And introducing her opponent, weighing in at 247 pounds and representing Natural Law … Parker Wayde!!!

The remixed version of ‘Like This’ blasts through the arena PA system to absolutely zero reaction from the crowd. Green and gold lights flicker across the top of the titantron that comes to life with the video for Parker Wayde

That's when I grab the knot throw it up in the sky
Let it come down slow watch it all fly

The curtain to the left of the stage jerks back and Parker Wayde finally comes into the view of the IWF fans. Wearing gold trunks with the words Instant Impact written across the back in green stylized letters the six-foot-two Natural Law member walks across the stage and looks out into the crowd, before heading to the ring

Rick – Parker Wayde has been on a winning streak, he’s perfect since signing a contract with IWF

Matt – Other then Chad, Parker has been the bright light in Natural Law

The ref signals for the bell

Parker Wayde [vs.] Rosalie Knight

[DING DING DING]

Rosalie Knight and Parker Wayde lock eyes like horns, the bell ringing with an echo. Rosa's fists are primed and begins to move around a bit. Parker stands tall, unimpressed as the two clash in the middle of the ring. Rosa hitting right and left jabs into the gut and chest of Parker as the NL member swings overhand, connecting several times with Rosa's temple. but Loca changes the game plan, swooping behind him and swiftly kicking a boot right into the back of Parker’s right knee. Hitting a vicious combination of rights and lefts that sends Parker’s face first forward to the mat, resulting in a small celebratory air-punch towards the crowd which results in heavy cheers

Rick - Rosalie Knight should NOT play in to the power games against someone like Parker Wayde

Matt - Well I think Rosa is smarter than YOU give her credit for, Rick

Parker gets up quickly, a hand on the back of his head from a sharp shot. Rosa is all smiles but as the two look to meet up again in the ring, Parker lifts a knee right into Rosalie’s gut, opening up with firing back elbows to the edge of her shoulder. A playground-like shove sends Parker stumbling back into the corner, Rage charging the small ground between them and splashing all his weight into Rosa, followed by a trip-up via drop toe hold. Parker Wayde looks spry and loose as he is quick to his feet yet again, just to drop an elbow in-between the shoulder blades of Rosa. The Queen of Wrestling champion rolls under the ropes and to the outside, hands and fingers being shoved in his direction by front-row fans looking to score a touch from the fine Rosa. She shakes her head, hopping back up to the apron. Parker Wayde is hot in pursuit, swinging an arm, but he ducks it, grabbing the long hair and leaping down to the matted floor. Rage is dragged awkwardly face first into the top rope, flying backward to the mat. Juan slithers right back in, mounting on Parker and raining down right fists. Parker fights back with a few of his own, but Rosa secures her position, switching to a few elbows. Parkwe archs up and twists, rolling over and finding himself on top Rosa, bringing down fists of his own with mustard on them

Rick - Can you tell these two stables hate each other? This match has been a brawl to start!

Matt - I'm not surprised. The disdain is obvious, a driving factor at this point not being just the Queen of Wrestling Championship, but also the unwillingness to lose to the other man.[/b]

The ref struggles to break up the closed fist-fest, Parker eventually obeying as he lays off and stands. He helps Rosa to her feet and whips her into the ropes. He turns to catch her with a sidewalk slam, but Rosa uses the momentum to send a front dropkick into the ribs of Parker. Wayde stumbles into the ropes, which Rosa is quick to use, grabbing hold and choking him with the middle rope. Again, the ref is on top of it, A DQ count being started. Rosa breaks at 3, Parker inhaling deeply. Rosa claps her hands for herself, seeing as the cheers come in on cue.

Rick – No surprise who the crowed backs in this one

Rosa aids Parker over into the corner, where boots are driven repeatedly into the ribs until Parker finds himself forcefully seated in the corner. Rosa runs half a victory lap to the opposite side of the ring before aiming towards Parker, sprinting in search of a charging knee. Parker shifts to the side at the last second, Rosa's knee hitting nothing but turnbuckle, as the NL member explodes to his feet, wrapping up both Rosa's arms from behind and nailing a Full Nelson slam much to the dislike of the Scottrade center. He covers quickly with a hook of the leg!

-1-

-2-

Rick – Rosa, just barley got her shoulder up! Parker Wayde, knowing that any high-impact move can strike gold for a three second call.

Matt - Not on Rosa. Parker is gonna need a potato gun and some big ass spuds to keep the Queen of wrestling down here tonight.

Parker stays on the offensive, lifting Rosa up to her feet only to lock in a front face lock and lift her straight up for a suplex. Parker displays his strength, facing Rosa towards all 4 sides of the ring for the crowd's reaction. Rather than following through with tradition, Parker slams Juan hard with a sit-out suplex ala Falcon Arrow! The crowd boos for the move as Parker gets to his feet and does his own celebration, mocking Rosa a bit. Parker hits the ropes and looks for a leaping leg drop, meeting only canvas as Rosa rolls out of the way. Both superstars get up to their feet quickly, a few back and forth shots traded. Rosa hits a few low kicks straight to the knee cap before hitting the ropes. She goes for a diving chop block, but Parker has the move already sniffed out, lifting a knee straight into the face of the Rosalie! Rosa stumbles back with a hand gripping his nose, but remains aware, as she catches a charging Parker and back body drops him up and over the ropes. Parker lands on the ring apron, managing to stay on the apron and save himself from a further spill

Rick – Both of these stars have done there homework and there both one step ahead of each other

Matt – You don’t come out for a match, without doing homework. Hell I study all the stupid things you are posse to make

Parker pulls himself to a stand, looking up to see Rosa already having hit the opposite ropes, and in a full sprint dives in-between the ropes connecting with a Spear, both stars taking a hard spill to the outside! The crowd gasps from the impact as both smack of both bodies is audible throughout the arena

Rick - WHAT A SPEAR!

Matt -That's ONE way to take Parker down, wow! Rosa laying it all on the line tonight.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

The ref begins a count-out, a bit slow. Parker lays flat, taking the impact to the ribs, as well as the brunt of the floor to the spine and head. Rosa is on her knees, a grimace on her face from landing on her face and shoulder. The ref yells out a 5 as Rosa rolls back in, taking a moment to sit up against the ropes. Rosa finds herself no longer sitting as Parker pulls her down and out onto the apron, driving angry forearms down across the chest. Parker rolls in once satisfied. He helps Rosa to her feet, but feels the effects of the spear. Rosa is still ready to go, however, breaking away from Parker and unleashing straight kicks to the side of the right leg once again. Parker fights back, but makes the mistake of going for a gut kick with the leg, Rosa catching it and tugging him to the mat with a leg whip

Rick - And Rosa's game plan is clear. Take out the leg of Parker Wayde, and take away his power and quickness.

Matt - Genius...just...pure innovative genius.

Rosa is ruthless with the entire right knee of Parker, driving elbows, fists and boots into it, trying to tear it to pieces then and there. Parker is yelling out in pain, trying to slip away, but Rosa has perfect position on him before grabbing the leg and turning Parker over for a Single Leg Crab, applying additional pressure on the crease of the knee. Parker makes a fist, reaching out for the nearby ropes...not near enough and from the core Parker thrusts himself forward, grabbing the rope before further damage takes place

Rick - Vicious assault on the leg of Parker Wayde! So much for that size advantage...

Rosa slides gracefully under the ropes, dragging Parker's leg out with him as she tugs hard, sliding the rest of Parker with her. She measures it up against the turnbuckle before whipping the leg hard into the steel. Followed by a second one, the torque having Parker reeling in the ring. Rosa releases the grip, Parker crawling back in to the ring to safety.

Rick – Rosa is in complete control here tonight

She rolls back in the ring after Parker, who's up to one knee, but having a hard time getting both feet under him. Rosa comes up from behind him, grabbing his head and whipping him back with a snapping reverse DDT! He rolls right over onto Parker, the ref dropping for the count

-1-

-2-

[b]Rick - Parker kicks out with authority.

Rosa is appreciative though, as she hops to her feet and begins stomping away at the leg and knee once more. Parker grabs hold of the ropes, pulling himself up through the stomps. Rosa runs the opposite way, hitting the far ropes and rebounding back towards Parker, who manages to lift the damaged leg and hit a huge big boot right to the jaw. Both stars hit the mat, Parker grabbing right for the knee.

Rick – Parker looks to be hurting

Matt – And Rosa just got a face full of boot

Parker pulls himself up to his feet, stretching out the leg while Rosa tries to reclaim his bearings. As Parker turns to get on Rosa, Rosalie is recovered on the mat below him, lifting a leg up and viciously kicking Parker right in the knee, bringing the bigger man down to a knee yet again. Rosa is up to her knee as well, and in an odd exchange, right fists are exchanged back and forth from their knees. But again, as the power behind Parker’s blows start to win out, Rosa hops to his feet and hits a lightning quick Shining Wizard upside Parker’s head

Rick - Man these two are ON THEIR GAME tonight. Rosa is doing a great job of keeping the red hot Parker Wayde down

Rosa locks in another leg lock, adding in a grapevine to boot. Parker is right next to the ropes, grabbing hold, but Rosa only adds more pressure, letting out a yell of intent. The DQ count is whipped out again, Rosa breaking on the cusp of 4. Parker wisely rolls out of the ring to escape the attack, giving himself a moment to breath

Rick - The veteran utilizing the 10 count to stretch out that knee. Rosa has been relentless!

Matt - It's just a matter of execution, which has been perfect up to this point in the match-up.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Parker is doubled over, almost willing the adrenaline to pump through his body. Rosa shakes her head, hopping out of the ring with no intention of giving up control. She clubs Parker over the neck before positioning him in a Russian Leg Sweep. She glances back, eyeing the steel ring steps behind her with a smirk. She goes to initiate the move, but in one swoop of the arm Parker lifts Rosa up for a sidewalk slam, taking a step back before planting the spine of Rosa right on the top steel step! Parker isn't done with the steel yet, as he stands above Rosa and applies pressure with one hand in Rosa's face, and the other on her leg.

-4-

-5-

Rick - I don't even know what to call this one, Matt. A steel step Bow and Arrow submission?!

Matt - Well, I mentioned Parker utilizing the 10 count. Now he's utilizing the ring equipment!

Rosa yells as Parker uses the steps to attempt to pull Rosa in two! The ref yells out the count of '6' as Parker is reluctant to let go, Rosa's hands trying to pry Parker’s grip. At '7' Parker lets go, Rosa rolling down the three steps to the mat. Parker pulls himself to the apron, swinging the legs over.

-8-

-9-

Rosa slowly rolls into the ring, some muscle spasms creeping through her back from the unique submission. Parker waves her on as Rosa slowly stands up. Parker grabs hold of her throat and lifts her straight up into a military press, despite favoring his right leg. He keeps her high in the air, various members of the crowd yelling "Throw Him Here!" But instead, Parker just drops Rosa flat on the matt

Parker goes for the pinfall, hooking both legs tight...

-1-

-2-

-3-

Rick - No! Rosa slips the shoulder up!

Parker sits up, double checking with the ref before climbing to his feet. He continues to stretch out his knee when the chance arises, before reaching down and helping Rosa to her feet, albeit slowly. He looks out to the crowd for approval before bringing Rosa’s head in for a DDT setup one more time, signaling for the Instant Impact! The crowd comes to their feet as Parker begins to lift Rosa, but on instinct and smarts, Rosa blocks it. She ducks under Parker’s extended arm and slips behind him, grabbing the mat of Parker’s afro and twisting Parker smashing Parker’s face into the knee! Parker stumbles backwards into the ropes, and in a loopy attempt at holding himself up Parker crashes into the corner, Rosa quickly rushes Parker and nails a missle dropkick into his face, Parker falls to the matt, and Rosa quickly leaps to the top rope and with out missing a beat comes flying off connecting with the Knightfall!

Rosa hooks the leg

-1-

-2-

-3-

[DING DING DING]

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner … ROSALIE KNIGHT!!!

Rick – What a match! These two gave it there all

Matt – Rosalie just snapped the winning streak of Parker Wayde, but it wasn’t easy.

Rick – This match could have gone any way, but in the end Rosa was one beat faster then Parker!

Rosa rolls out the ring and grabs her belt before making her way up the ramp, sending Battle Grounds to another commercial break

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Steelers--15188

Who are we kidding … Crest can’t even help this smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons   Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:31 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Macdonald is seen sitting behind his desk, working on some paper work. All of a sudden, a tall, well-dressed woman bursts through the door of his office, catching Brandon Macdonald off guard

Brandon Macdonald
What the…who are you?

The woman smiles slightly as she walks over to Brandon Macdonald’s desk and places both of her hands on it, leaning forward slightly

Isàbella Lya Sanchez
Hello Brandon…my name is Isàbella Lya Sanchez

Brandon Macdonald looks Isàbella Lya Sanchez up and down

Brandon Macdonald
Yeah…so…?

Isàbella Lya Sanchez’s smile widens slightly

Isàbella Lya Sanchez
I have been personally hired by the IWF Chairman of the Board of Directors to conduct a series of…interviews…with some of the current IWF talent and staff in order to gage their performance here in IWF

Brandon Macdonald shakes his head slightly, clearly bored with the conversation

Brandon Macdonald
So…why should I care…?

Isàbella Lya Sanchez
You should care because I have been given the power to hire and fire superstars based upon my interviews with the talent. You should care because this power of deciding people’s fates has been given to me personally by the IWF Chairman of the Board. So get ready…I’m going to do what you clearly have failed to do…

Isàbella Lya Sanchez turns and walks to the door of Brandon Macdonald’s office. Before leaving though, Isàbella Lya Sanchez turns and looks at Brandon Macdonald, a determined look on her face

Isàbella Lya Sanchez
I’m going to clean house

Isàbella Lya Sanchez quickly turns back around and exits Brandon Macdonald’s office, slamming the door behind her. As soon as Isàbella Lya Sanchez leaves, Brandon Macdonald shakes his head, massaging his temples

Brandon Macdonald
I don’t get paid enough to put up with this shit

The camera focuses in on Brandon Macdonald for a moment before the scene cuts to the ring

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The show suddenly shows Zlatan Jax, who is standing in the ring.

Heather Thompson - The following is a one-fall match! Introducing first, from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing tonight at 205 pounds...ZLATAN JAX!

Rick - The self-proclaimed Sickest Bastard in Wrestling, ladies and gentlemen.

Once 'New Disease' begins, Rydell walks out backwards, arms outstretched. He pauses at the top of the ramp, then spins round, thrusting his right elbow forward, and as this happens, fireworks go off either side of him. He walks down the ramp, threatening to hit various fans, before rolling into the ring, climbing the turnbuckle and smacking his elbow threateningly.

Heather Thompson - And the opponent, making his IWF return...from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 237 pounds...MATT RYDELL!

Matt - Bigger, badder, and hopefully better than ever!

Rick - This is his third stint in IWF for Mr. Rydell...he's got himself a new look, but will he have the career to match it?

The referee checks both men, and calls for the bell.

Zlatan Jax [vs] Matt Rydell

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Zlatan Jax raises his hands, and faces Matt Rydell, who charges across the ring. He takes Zlatan down with a clothesline. He drops an elbow across Zlatan's chest, and lifts him to his feet. He knees Zlatan in the gut, and lifts him onto his shoulders.

Rick - We've seen this before.

Matt - And Zlatan is about to see it for the first time!

Rydell throws Zlatan off his shoulders and drives his knee into his skull, dropping Zlatan to the mat. He rests his foot on Zlatan's chest.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner...MATT RYDELL!

Rick - Rydell returns, and with a big win!

Rydell slides out of the ring and digs beneath the apron. He pulls out a pair of steel chairs, sliding them into the ring.

Matt - Evil intention here...

Zlatan struggles to stand, but Matt blasts him across the spine with the chair. He grabs Zlatan's head, yelling at him, and smashing it into the second chair, resting it on the mat. He stands over Zlatan, holding the second chair. He lifts it high above his head, then brings it crashing down, crushing Zlatan's skull between the two chairs.

Rick - Absolutely sick...

Matt swings the chair again, smashing Zlatan's head a second time. He repeats this for three more bashes before tossing the chair aside. He looks around at the audience, then points to the From the Ashes banner before sliding out of the ring and heading to the back. EMT's rush from the back to tend to Zlatan as the show goes to commercial.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show returns to Matt and Rick at the table.

Matt - We're back, following a vicious assault on Zlatan Jax by Matt Rydell.

Rick - We're being informed that Zlatan will be unable to compete for a few weeks, and therefore, we are forced to take him out of the running for the Full Throttle Championship. We wish Zlatan the speediest recovery.

Matt - Right now, though, we have-

A electric guitar is playing in the arena

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand, understand the concept of love uh!

Lights grow strong as the music gets louder and louder. The camera moves with the beats getting close ups on fans

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand understand the concept of love uh

As the music continues the camera looks down at the ramp with a man in green and purple clothing is standing at the ramp

Rick - WHAT?!

Matt - HE'S BACK?!

Understand, understand,
Understand, understand
Understand, understand the concept, the concept of love!

The man starts dancing on the stage and hops on the stage

Ready to Kick some-
Ready to Kick some-

Libby runs over to the barricade and jumps and hugs fans. Libby then jumps off them and high fives the rest of them on his way to the steel steps when he does he jumps over the top rope

What is love? Love is Free...

Libby runs to ringside and dances more then jumps inside the ring

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand, understand, uh! Understand, understand the concept
The concept of love

Libby spins around the ring and jumps on the ropes and backflips in the ring

Uh! The concept of love
Uh! Uh! The concept of love
Ready to kick some ass!...

The music dies down and Libby has his jacket off and looks up at the crowd with a smile then looks at the audience.

Matt - LIBBEH!!!!!

Rick - Sean Libby is back!

Sean Libby
Thank you!

The crowd cheers loudly.

"LIBBY!" "LIBBY!" "LIBBY!" "LIBBY!"

Sean smiles, and waits for the chants to die down.

Sean Libby
A few months ago, I was forced to step out of the ring. I was hurt...bad. THe doctors had told me that continuing to compete was possible, but brought the risk that I might seriously hurt myself...and if I did, my career would be over permanently.

Rick - He was out with a bad neck injury. Neck injuries are notoriously unpredictable, and are known to really fuck with a star's career.

Sean Libby
For a while, I accepted it. Maybe it was time to hang up my boots and call it quits. I had done some cool stuff here in IWF, and I was fortunate enough to pick up some fans along the way...but maybe-

Sean's voice is drowned out by another roaring chant.

Sean smiles.

Sean Libby
Maybe it was time to call it a career. For a while, I was okay with that...and then I started thinking. And as time went on, I was less and less satisfied with what I'd left behind. Sure, I had some success, and I had my fans...but there was just something missing. I needed that moment. I wanted to be remembered for something more than some funny promos and a couple of good matches. I wanted to be the guy people looked back at and said 'There will never be anyone else like Sean Libby.' And, as much as I love what I've accomplished so far, I feel like I haven't yet reached that point. So tonight-

The lights go out in the arena. "Sound of Madness" by Shinedown plays. A spotlight shines in the rafters of the arena and shines on Tim Patrick. He begins to be slowly lowered down to the ring on a wire, halfway through, the spotlight turns off. A minute or so goes by and the arena lights come back on and Tim Patrick is standing in the ring. He's wearing a black IRA mask, black wrestling boots, blue jeans. When the bell rings, he removes his mask.

Rick - Whoa!

Matt - ANOTHER return?!

Rick - Tim Patrick is in the building!

Tim steps between the ropes, circling Sean, looking him over. He frowns, and looks around to the crowd before accepting a microphone from a ringside worker.

Tim Patrick
I hate to interrupt you here Sean, but I feel like now would be as good a time as any to come out here.

The crowd cheers.

Tim Patrick
I am out here for a reason though, Sean, and that reason, believe it or not, is to talk to you.

Sean looks at Tim and nods as the crowd cheers again.

Rick - I think the audience was expecting one of these guys to attack the other.

Matt - As often as blindsided attacks like that happen, every so often we get guys who just want to talk it out.

Rick - That's not very good television.

Matt - These fans don't seem to mind it.

Tim Patrick
Sean, I watched your career. I watched as you entered IWF as the protégé of Connor O'Shannon. I watched as you became a contender for the High Impact Championship, and I watched as you took on Vincent Van Rose in a Chicago Back Alley Street Fight, and won the belt for the first time.

Sean smiles, nodding.

Tim Patrick
But I also watched as you were defeated a month later and lost that belt. I watched as you never laid claim to another title in IWF, and I watched as your career spiraled into the ground while you struggled to keep it alive.

Sean's smile vanishes instantly. He looks at Tim, who raises his hands innocently.

Tim Patrick
I'm not trying to insult you. Fact of the matter is, Sean, you know it's true. You came back to pursue a legacy, but the point that you're missing is that you had your legacy all lined up for the taking, and you let your golden opportunity slip through your fingers.

Sean stares at Tim, his fingers slowly curling into fists.

Tim Patrick
You want people to remember you, Sean? It was almost one year ago to the day that you walked into From the Ashes...the biggest event of the year. You danced your way down that ramp, towards The Pyramid. Do you remember that, Sean?

Sean slowly nods, and his fists relax momentarily.

Tim Patrick
I sure as hell remember that. I remember watching as you went into that match and you put everything you had into it, and then some. You took your opponents to hell and back, all for a midcard title. You took yourself out of the match in an effort to win that belt, and even though you lost, I remember watching that match and thinking "THAT's a kid to keep an eye on."

Sean says nothing, continuing to stare at Tim.

Tim Patrick
THAT's the Sean Libby that could have left his mark on IWF. Not the annoying emo fuck Sean O'Rourke. Not the depressing loser you were towards the end of your career. The Sean Libby that could have had some major success was the Sean Libby that won the High Impact Championship. The Sean Libby who wasn't afraid to put life and limb on the line, all in the name of a single victory. You want people to remember you, Sean? Give them something they'll want to remember. Sad fact is, you haven't been worth thinking about since this time last year.

Rick - Them are fightin words.

Matt - And Sean doesn't look like he's taking too kindly to them.

Sean opens and closes his mouth several times.

Sean Libby
You're right.

Tim folds his arms, looking at Sean.

Sean Libby
I lost sight of what I was after, and in the process, I became exactly what I was afraid I would become: Nothing. I played by the book. I tried to be safer...and it got me nowhere.

Tim nods.

Tim Patrick
You need to show the fans that you can entertain them just as much, if not more than you could back last year. You know the best way to do that?

Sean opens his mouth to speak, but Tim interrupts.

Tim Patrick
A match. No rivalries, no bitter bullshit, nothing like that. Just a straight-up fight. Two men competing for the thrill of the competition, and for the entertainment of the fans. Prove to them that you can still do it. Show them that you can get the job done in the ring, and you can give them a match worth talking about for ages to come. THAT is the biggest step towards creating this legacy of yours.

Sean nods slowly.

Sean Libby
So I need a match at From the Ashes...against you.

Tim looks taken aback, but speaks.

Tim Patrick
I wasn't challenging-

Sean Libby
But I am. If there's anyone on this roster who can go into a match to entertain the fans, and not care whether he wins or loses, it's you. You can go in and bloody an opponent up, then shake his hand as soon as the bell rings. You can put your body on the line just to get a reaction from the crowd. You're right, I need a match that can entertain the world...and to make the most of that match, I need an opponent who can go in with the same intentions: Battle it out for the thrill of the game. You're that opponent.

Tim thinks it over, nodding slowly.

Sean Libby
You and me. From the Ashes. No bad blood or anything like that...just a competition for these people here.

Sean points around at the crowd, which immediately jumps up with thunderous applause.

Matt - These fans certainly seem to like the idea!

Rick - Tim Patrick versus Sean Libby? Sounds like a winning match to me!

Tim looks around, then turns back to Sean.

Tim Patrick
You're on.

The crowd cheers, if possible, even louder.

Rick - That's it then! Another match set for From the Ashes!

Matt - It's going to be a hell of a battle, that's for sure!

Rick - Tim Patrick and Sean Libby, head to head. This will be great!

Matt - And it might be exactly what Sean needs to get his career back on track!

The camera takes in a view of Sean and Tim shaking hands as the show cuts to commercial.

Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons   Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:32 pm

The show comes back from commercial to show Rick Christian and Matt Biggars, who are sitting behind the announcer’s table

Rick- And we’re back, folks!

Matt- And we’ve got one hell of a weird match coming up next

Rick- Weird? Yes. Random? Yes. But will it be entertaining? YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT!

Matt- I’m not so sure about that but uh…sure….why not! Anything can happen here in IWF!

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

"Maneater" starts up and dark red lights come together to form one large circle at the top of the entrance ramp. The crowd begins booing as Ruby steps out from the back, a seductive smirk on her face as she looks around at the crowd. Once she spots a couple, she walks down the ramp and towards the couple, grabbing the guy and giving him a large kiss, wiping her mouth when she's done. Before she walks off, she gives the guy a wink and waves at the guy's woman. She continues her way down the ramp, the dark red lights following her, and she slides into the ring under the bottom rope.

Heather Thompson- From Montreal, Quebec, Canada…Weighing in at 119 Pounds…Representing Natural Law…Ruby Winters!

Rick- Well the story behind this match is certainly…confusing…to say the least

Matt- The rumors have been circulating all week long that, after Battle Grounds went off the air last week, Ruby Winters ran into The Nightmare backstage and challenged him to a match

Rick- Why would Ruby Winters dare to challenge the IWF Hall of Famer The Nightmare, especially given the momentum The Nightmare has gathered over the past few weeks!

Matt- I have no idea…but this match is going to go down next!

Once in the ring, Ruby stands in the center of the ring and winks at the camera before giving a seductive smirk and going over to a corner of the ring to wait for the match start.

Heather Thompson- And her opponent…

Suddenly, the Lights dim, music plays over the PA system “Disruptr” by Devin Townsend, begins to blast. The Lights go out, as the music begins to play

I'm tired of waiting
I'm tired of fading
I'm sick of being oppressed
through all the failing
I'm syncopated
at least it's off my chest

Disruptr

you're kind of fading
don't be a baby
I'm sick of being obsessed
through all the mating
master debating
God knows i'd settle for less

but

I come from the
centre of the universe
and I've no time for these
distractions

Disruptr

The Nightmare steps out from the back and looks over the thousands of screaming and cheering fans in attendance

Heather Thompson- From Seattle, Washington…Weighing in at 900 Pounds…The Nightmare!

Rick-Death-Angel has unleashed his most violent…his most deadly…his most unstable personality yet…

Matt- The Nightmare!

Rick- We’ve only seen glimpses of The Nightmare in the past…but now it seems as though The Nightmare is here to stay…

Matt- Which is going to spell out big time trouble for anyone who gets in his path…especially Ruby Winters!

somebody get me alone
I need to feel at home
I need a brain massage

somebody get me a doctor
I feel a bit ill
but i ain't feeling this at all

no

I am from the
centre of the universe
and i've no time for these
symptoms of your universe

I come from the
master of the universe
distractions

so here's what it means to be
be a man about it

The Nightmare walks slowly down the entrance ramp and down to the ring. He hops up on the ring apron and climbs over the top rope as he steps into the ring

you don't forget the family
be a man

so what if it kills you all?
oh, be a man about it

be a God damned man...boy

oh be a man about it

let's go down to the beach
we'll sit in the womb

I come from the
master of the universe
and I've no time
for these
symptoms of your universe

I come for the
center of the universe
centers of your universe

I come for the
center of the universe
distractions

straying away
from the dark sides of hell
the world
the world is the same

darkness

The Nightmare walks over to the center of the ring and stares at Ruby Winters, a sadistic smile on his face. The ref looks at both competitors and nods before calling for the bell

Death-Angel [vs.] Ruby Winters

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Ruby Winters stares at The Nightmare, a look of determination on her face. The Nightmare chuckles softly as he motions for Ruby Winters to bring it on

Rick- The Nightmare seems like he is extremely confident

Matt- That might be his undoing

Ruby Winters sprints at The Nightmare, her face betraying no signs of fear or doubt. As soon as she gets close enough, Ruby Winters leaps into the air, looking to connect a double footed dropkick. However, as soon as her feet hit The Nightmare’s chest, The Nightmare remains motionless as Ruby Winters falls to the canvas

Rick- Uh…

Matt- I’d say that tactic is a big time failure…

The Nightmare allows Ruby Winters to get back up to her feet. The Nightmare shakes his head sadly as he looks down at Ruby Winters

The Nightmare
Time to end this

The Nightmare reaches out, looking to grab Ruby Winters by the neck. However, Ruby Winters drops down and eludes The Nightmare’s grasp. Ruby Winters runs to the ring ropes, bouncing off of them to gain momentum. She then comes running back at The Nightmare, who is slowly beginning to turn around. As soon as she gets close enough, Ruby Winters leaps into the air and connects a dropkick to the back of The Nightmare’s right knee, forcing The Nightmare down to one knee.

Ruby Winters then leaps to her feet and sprints to the ropes once again. As bounces off the ropes and comes running back at The Nightmare. As soon as she gets close enough to The Nightmare, Ruby Winters leaps into the air and lands on The Nightmare’s shoulders. Ruby Winters then spins and throws herself backwards, spiking The Nightmare’s head off the canvas with a hurricanranna DDT

Rick- Woah!

Matt- Go Ruby, Go!

Ruby Winters drops down and attempts to pin The Nightmare as the ref counts

-1-

The Nightmare kicks out with such power that he throws Ruby Winters across the ring

Rick- Uh oh…

Matt- Ruby Winters has officially pissed off The Nightmare

Ruby Winters gets to her feet and runs to the ring ropes, looking to gain momentum. Meanwhile, The Nightmare slowly begins to get to his feet as Ruby Winters comes running back at him. Ruby Winters leaps into the air as soon as she gets close enough to The Nightmare, looking to land on DA’s shoulders again. However, as soon as Ruby Winters gets close enough, The Nightmare reaches out and swats Ruby Winters out of the air, sending her careening to the canvas

Rick- The Nightmare just swatted Ruby Winters out of the air like a bug!

Matt- That makes The Nightmare the world’s biggest fly swatter!

The Nightmare gets to his feet, rage burning in his eyes as he looks down at Ruby Winters, who is slowly getting to her feet. The Nightmare charges in at Ruby Winters and flattens her with a massive clothesline. The Nightmare leans down and drags Ruby Winters up to her feet. The Nightmare lifts Ruby Winters up in the military press position, holding her there for a moment, before dropping Ruby Winters down and crushing her with a spinebuster

Rick- Massive military press spinebuster!

Matt- I think he might’ve caved Ruby Winters’s chest in!

The Nightmare gets to his feet and looks down at Ruby Winters, who is arching her back in pain. The Nightmare reaches down and drags Ruby Winters up to her feet. The Nightmare Irish whips Ruby Winters to the ropes. Ruby Winters hits the ropes and comes running back towards The Nightmare. As soon as she gets close enough, The Nightmare reaches out and grabs Ruby Winters. The Nightmare winds Ruby Winters up and powers Ruby Winters down to the canvas with a spinning sidewalk slam. The Nightmare then places his boot on Ruby Winters’s chest as the ref counts

-1-

-2…

Ruby Winters somehow manages to kick out

Rick- What the hell?!

Matt- How did Ruby Winters manage to kick out?!

Rick- It would seem that Ruby Winters has a lot more heart and guts than we ever could’ve guessed!

The Nightmare nods his head, chuckling softly, as Ruby Winters slowly rolls over to her stomach and begins to push herself up to her feet. The Nightmare stomps down on Ruby Winters a few times, sending Ruby Winters back down to the canvas. The Nightmare then leans down and drags Ruby Winters up to her feet. The Nightmare lifts Ruby Winters up, setting her up in the F-5 position

Rick- The Nightmare looking to hit the Demon Breaker…

Matt- This could be the end of the line for Natural Law’s femme fatal

The Nightmare tosses Ruby Winters up, looking to hit her with an F-5 backbreaker…but Ruby Winters manages to use her momentum to slide down The Nightmare’s back and land on her feet. The Nightmare spins around…and is immediately met with a massive kick to the skull by Ruby Winters

Rick- Beauty Sleep!

Matt- But will it be enough?!

The Nightmare stumbles backwards until his back connects with ring ropes. Ruby Winters kips up to her feet and runs at The Nightmare. As soon as she gets close enough, Ruby Winters leaps into the air and attempts to connect a spinning wheel kick to The Nightmare. However, as soon as Ruby Winters gets close enough, The Nightmare once again swats her out of mid-air, sending Ruby Winters crashing back down to the canvas.

Rick- I guess it wasn’t enough

Matt- And now all she’s managed to do is piss the big man off!

The Nightmare quickly untangles himself from the ring ropes just as Ruby Winters manages to get to her feet. The Nightmare rushes in at Ruby Winters and drills Ruby Winters with a big boot. The Nightmare leans down and drags Ruby Winters up to her feet hoists her up in the F-5 position. The Nightmare then spins Ruby Winters down and connects a backbreaker which he then turns into an Anaconda Vice

Rick- Demon Breaker!

Matt- And now Ruby Winters is in SERIOUS trouble!!

Ruby Winters screams out in agony, writhing in pain as The Nightmare cranks back on the hold. After struggling for a few moments, Ruby Winters is left with no chance but to tap out. The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…via submission…The Nightmare!

The Nightmare releases his hold on Ruby Winters and climbs up to his feet. The ref tries to hold The Nightmare’s wrist up in victory but The Nightmare shoves the ref away from him. The Nightmare looks down at Ruby Winters for a moment before slowly raising both his arms up in the air. The Nightmare brings both his arms down swiftly, causing red fire to shoot out of all four corner turnbuckles

Rick- Woah!

Matt- The Nightmare has been unleashed! And all of IWF has been put on notice!

The camera zooms in on The Nightmare for a moment before cutting to commercial

Mckayla Maroney says: “Corey Casey is retired and now Stygian is the top star in IWF?”

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Fuck-this-bullshit-olympics-2012

The show comes back from commercial to show The Nightmare walking through the backstage area. Officials and members of the IWF roster quickly duck out of The Nightmare’s way as he walks through the backstage area. Suddenly, a man wielding a sledgehammer drills The Nightmare in the back, sending The Nightmare crashing into a pile of backstage equipment.

The camera zooms out to show Marcus Silverstone, who is standing over The Nightmare. Marcus Silverstone bashes the sledgehammer down on The Nightmare a dozen times, forcing the hammer bit of the sledgehammer down onto The Nightmare’s throat

Marcus Silverstone
YOU THINK I FEAR YOU?! YOU THINK THAT YOU’RE IN MY HEAD?! YOU’RE FUCKING NOTHING! YOU HEAR ME?! NOTHING!!!!

Marcus Silverstone leans down and drags The Nightmare up to his feet. Marcus Silverstone then bashes The Nightmare in the gut with the sledgehammer, doubling The Nightmare over. Marcus Silverstone then places the sledgehammer around the throat of The Nightmare and then falls backwards, connecting a Russian leg sweep with the sledgehammer around The Nightmare’s neck.

Marcus Silverstone then gets to his feet and positions the sledgehammer on a clear part of the floor. Marcus Silverstone then drags The Nightmare up to his feet. Marcus Silverstone kicks The Nightmare in the gut, doubling The Nightmare over. Marcus Silverstone then delivers a modified Rock Bottom to The Nightmare right onto the sledgehammer.

Marcus Silverstone gets to his feet, a confident smirk appearing on his face, as he looks down at the bloody and motionless form of The Nightmare, who is lying at his feet.

Marcus Silverstone
WHOSE IN WHOSE HEAD NOW?!

Marcus Silverstone laughs coldly as he turns and walks away. The camera focuses in on Marcus Silverstone for a moment before turning and showing The Nightmare for a few minutes before cutting back to the ring

Rick Christian and Matt Biggars are shown sitting behind the announcer’s position, looks of shock on both of their faces

Rick- I…I don’t know what we just saw…

Matt- I do. We just saw the end of The Nightmare!

Rick- I don’t know, you can never count The Nightmare out

Matt- I think we can! Did you see the bloodied heap Marcus Silverstone left The Nightmare in! The Nightmare is broken!

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

JOHNNY ALWAYS WORE BLACK'

The words blare over the speakers as clapping begins to take over the speakers.

'YOU CAN RUN ON FOR A LONG TIME ... RUN ON FOR A LONG TIME ... RUN ON FOR A LONG TIME'

The Lights in the arena cutoff and a single spot light shins over the IWF entrance ramp

'SOONER OR LATER GOD'S GONNA CUT YOU DOWN ... SOONER OR LATER GOD'S GONNA CUT YOU DOWN'

Standing there with the spotlight shinning is Johnny Styles wearing a black trench coat and matching cowboy style hat. Smoke begins to engulf the ramp, as Johnny slowly begins his march towards the ring his jacket dragging behind him, his every step matching the beat.

Heather Thompson- From Boston, Massachusetts…Weighing in at 225 Pounds…He is an IWF Hall of Famer…”The Strike Back Kid” Johnny Styles!

Rick- The legendary SBK Johnny Styles ladies and gents!

Matt- SBK has a big time challenge in the form of Steel Angel here tonight, though!

Rick- But this could be a great test for Steel Angel, who might see what it takes to become an IWF Hall of famer!

'HE CALLED MY NAME AND MY HEART STOOD STILL ... WHEN HE Steel AngelID JOHN GO DO MY WILL'

The crowd gives him mixed reactions but he doesn’t seem fazed by it. He looks around slowly before making his way down the smoky ramp. Styles reaches the bottom of the ramp and looks around. Fans boo him and shout things at him but Johnny Styles eyes glare at all of them

'TELL EM THAT GOD'S GONNA CUT THEM DOWN ... TELL EM THAT GOD'S GONNA CUT THEM DOWN'

Styles begins his walk up the steel steps and on to the apron, he ducks between the ropes to enter the ring. He marches to the center of the ring, before he tips his hat forward, taking it off along with the jacket. Sending white flames from each of the turnbuckles

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

"Unleash the warrior within!"

Pyro sets off from both sides on the entrance ramp in the form of a pair of angel wings with the words "Heaven's Gladiator" appering in crystal blue letters on the titantron. A single platform can be seen being lowered at the ramp revealing a lone figure standing at the center. He is wearing a white and blue warrior tunic with angel designs decorated on the back and a gold cross shape tapestry on the front. His long black hair flows in the air revealing his face as he stares at the crowd before him.

I am now an instrument of violence
I am a vessel of invincibility
I cannot leave this undecided
Stepping down to battle another day

Remember me for all time
This determination is a vital part of me
Surrender now or be counted
With the endless masses that I will defeat you.

Steel Angel jumps off the platform and bows before fans as they shower him in cheers. Steel Angel then walks slowly towards the ring every step with purpose, every movement loose and flowing.

Heather Thompson- From San Diego, California…Weighing in at 220 Pounds…Steel Angel!

Rick- Steel Angel has been embroiled in a massive feud with both his brother The Nightmare and Marcus Silverstone…

Matt- And all three men will meet at From the Ashes II in what is sure to be a crazy triple threat match!

Rick- I am looking forward to that match more than any other match in IWF history!

Come on bring it, don't sing it, better believe it.

Steel Angel then stops at the end of the ramp where he brings his hands together with the middle and index fingers joining together pointing straight out with the other fingers curled together overlapping one another. He then moves his hands while in this symbol up, down, left and then right in the form of a cross before bringing both middle and index fingers to his lips and kisses them. He then separates his hands as he points to the sky unleashing blue pyro from the entrance ramp.

Broken down till your hope has died
Beat down 'til victory's mine
Stand up and show me some pride
And now are you ready?

Steel Angel then walks around the ring slapping high fives with some of the fans before climbing through the second rope and enters the ring.

I'm one with the warrior inside
My dominance can't be denied
Your entire world will turn
Into a battlefield tonight

As I look upon you
Through the warrior's eyes
Now I can see the fear
That will ensure my victory this time.

He smiles as looks around the ring, he then poses which causes the fans to cheer some more.

I can't be told to compromise this
They'll never doubt the body lying at my feet
A most formidable reminder
They will speak my name for eternity.

I have no need of any guidance
I am a weapon, powerful beyond belief
Seen through the warrior's eyes
I never need to question how to defeat you.

He then removes the tunic and takes it off showing his ripped features to the ladies in attendence some of whom scream in delight. He is also wearing gold karate style pants with white flame like designs on the ankles and the words "Steel Angel" writtin in black latin like writting on the sides.

Come on bring it, don't sing it, better believe it

He then stands at the center of the ring and forms the same hand gesture he did at the end of the entrance ramp. This time as he ends the gesture by pointing to the sky that white pyro erupts from the corners.

Broken down 'til your hope has died
Beat down till victory's mine
Stand up and show me some pride
And now are you ready?

I'm one with the warrior inside
My dominance can't be denied
Your entire world will turn
Into a battlefield tonight.

As I look upon you
Through the warrior's eyes
Now I can see the fear
That will ensure my victory this time.

He then tilts his head from side to side and he gets ready for his match. The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Steel Angel [vs.] "SBK" Johnny Styles

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Steel Angel and Johnny Styles meet in the center of the ring and the two men shake hands before quickly separating.

Rick- A nice display of sportsmanship there by these two in ring warriors

Matt- This match is gonna be sick!

Steel Angel and Johnny Styles both rush forward and meet in the center of the ring. Steel Angel suddenly kicks Johnny Styles in the gut, doubling SBK over. Steel Angel then lifts Johnny Styles up in the military press position, holding Johnny Styles aloft for a moment before dropping Johnny Styles down and nailing Johnny Styles with a cutter

Rick- NO WAY!

Matt- DIVINE CUTTER?! ALREADY?!

Steel Angel drops down and covers Johnny Styles as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Rick- UNBELIEVABLE!

Matt- THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…Steel Angel!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons   Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:34 pm

As the referee raises Steel’s hand, Marcus Silverstone slips in behind him with a steel chair.

Rick—It’s Marcus Silverstone?

Matt—Where’d he come from.

Rick—I think it was through the crowd.

Marcus Silverstone does his best Albert Pujols into Steel Angel’s back, knock him down like a sack of potatoes and then playing whack-a-mole on his spine. Johnny styles comes to and tries to intercede, but Marcus hits him in the ribs with the chair, grabs him by the hair and throws him over the top rope and to the arena floor. Steel Angel Manages to get to his hands and knees, but Marcus turns, leaps and crushes his skull with the chair. Marcus rolls Steel onto his back with his foot, and puts it over Steel Angel’s chest triumphantly as the crowd boos. The boos turn to cheers as the lights go out and Death Angel’s raspy laughter echoes throughout the arena. His voice echoes from the speakers, as if from the depths of some unfathomable canyon.

Death-Angel
It will take more than that to wake up from this Nightmare….

Fire erupts from the corner turnbuckles as the show fades to commercial with Marcus Silverstone standing defiantly in the ring amidst the pillars of flame.

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Fukitol(2)
Coded and everything for you, just have to use F&R in word for the []. <3

The camera opens on Rosalie Knight, who lays there on a bench staring up at the ceiling after one of the toughest fights she’d faced in recent weeks. But in spite of her aches and bruises, she seems pleased with herself. A smile lingers on her lips.

A lovely pair of breasts suddenly eclipses the fluorescent lights of the locker room, and Rosalie blinks.

Rosalie Knight
Amber? Is that you?[b]

[b]Lilah
Who else? Good job out there, Rosa.

Rosalie grins and sits up, so that she can look at her friend’s face in spite of the previous excellent view.

Rosalie Knight
Thanks. It was a rough one. But I think this not being so nice thing is going to work out for me.

Lilah
Oooh, are you going to get naughtier?

Rosalie giggles just a little, and blushes bright red.

Rosalie Knight
Well, wouldn’t you just like to find out!

Lilah
Wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t?

Rosalie Knight
Well, maybe after the show we can go out to celebrate, and then we’ll see if the naughty levels have gone up or not.

Lilah
I’ll have to see what Jason and Tina want to do, but that sounds fun.

Lilah looks over her shoulder at the clock and turns to exit the locker room.

Lilah
See you soon, Rosalie.

Rosalie watches her go to get ready for Stygian’s match, and then shakes her head. It’s clear that while the confusion over the affair has started to go away, there’s a long way to go before anyone knows what’s really going on.

Heather Thompson
The following triple threat match is scheduled for one fall, and it is the main event of the evening. Introducing first, hailing from Atlantic City, New Jersey and weighing in at 232 pounds, he is the IWF High Impact Champion, HOSTYLE JONES!

Hostyle’s music plays and he walks out to the ring.

Rick—I hope Hostyle Jones is ready for this. This is a challenge like nothing he has ever faced before.

Matt—One of the all-time greats in the history of this sport, and the man some say is the best in the world right now. Hostyle’s in there with fourteen feet, and over 600 pounds of humanity.

Heather Thompson
And his opponent: being accompanied to the ring by Lilith and Lilah and weighing in at 315 pounds, from Bullhead City, Arizona, he is the self-proclaimed “real IWF World Heavyweight Champion”…STYGIAN!

The lights die down until only a faint, pale white light shines on the stage, which is rolling with smoke as Dragonforce’s “Cry Thunder” blasts over the arena. Slowly a black, high-backed leather chair rises through the stage, within which Stygian sits. Lilith and Lilah are on either side of him in purple and pink (respectively) satin robes with matching halos and angel wings. Stygian holds a glass containing a red, glowing, smoking liquid in his hand. (It's actually just berry-flavored Gatorade Prime 01 and the glass is rigged with a dry-ice layer and an LED, but it still looks cool.) Stygian sits in the chair, swirling the liquid in the glass round with a bored look as the intro winds into the main riff, whereupon he knocks the glass back in one gulp and sets the glass aside. When the main riff kicks in the girls tear off their robes and angel wings to reveal that if they're any kind of angels at all, they're Victoria's Secret Angels. A wall of fire erupts from the front of the stage and burns down either side of the ramp, framing it in flames, and ending in a blast of pyro from the ring posts that may possibly be visible from space. When the blast at the stage is clear, Stygian is standing with the girls at his side and he leads them down to the ring. About halfway down the ramp they tear off their halos and fling them into the crowd.

Time after time, as we march side-by-side
Through the valleys of evil and torturing souls,
Night after night, for the glory we fight,
In the kingdom of madness and the tales from the old.

Dead by our hand, for the higher command,
As the darkness surrounds us we fight and they fall,
Fly by with steel, as the tyrants will kneel,
Hearts growing stronger with the power of the sword.

Stygian stops at ringside. Lilith steps in front of him, Lilah slips behind. Lilith undoes Stygian's belt and unbuckles his coat. She runs her hands over Stygian's chest and slips his coat off his shoulders. Lilah pulls from the back and peels it off him, revealing the IWF World Title. Lilah hands the jacket to a crew member who waits nearby. Stygian and Lilith make a little small talk, before Lilith saunters over to the ring steps, where she is joined by Lilah. The pair of them climb the steps and walk along the apron and strike salacious poses a few feet in from either ring post.

Set sail for the glory,
And pray for the master of war
Tyrants will fall by the wastelands
And we'll rise like the heroes before

Stygian reaches up, grabs the top rope and pulls himself onto the ring apron in one step. He turns to the crowd and holds both arms up, cueing an explosion from above the ring, and a continuous shower of gold sparks in time with the start of the chorus.

Cry Thunder!
Sword in his hand,
Titans of Justice, Fearless We Stand
Cry Thunder!
Strong in command
Blessed by the union; freedom of man

He waits for a few seconds, and then steps over the top rope and into the ring, standing in the middle of it with his arms raised. The song goes through its chorus again, winding down as Stygian lowers his arms and lazily slumps into his corner, passing the IWF World Title to Lilith. He glares over at Hostyle Jones, but remains in his corner for now.

Rick—Stygian doesn’t look too happy with Hostyle Jones.

Matt—He didn’t want Hostyle in this match. Stygian loves the history of the sport. He loves the legends. Crimson Skull has said this is his last go around. This is the only chance Stygian will get to have a match with him, and Stygian wanted it to be one-on-one.

Heather Thompson
And their opponent, weighing 326 pounds, from Louisville Kentucky…

A tisket a tasket, the scarecrow's out his casket.

Thunder claps even louder this time

Turn out the lights and lock the doors, praying that he passes

The lights go out in the arena and all is silent. A moment passes, and suddenly a green lightning bolt strikes the stage. The music to "Audit" by Traumatosis begins to play and images from Crimson Skull's long career play over the screen of the tron. Smoke begins to billow up from behind the stage and down the ramp.

Come on inside. We've been waiting some time.
You know we try to be kind. Just don't step out of line
or you will pay the price.
Don't waste our time or it's the firing line.

You're being followed and your only escape
is our most generous assistance but it doesn't come cheap.
You gotta pay the price.
You won't break out this time. You are our great design.

This pain that you've hidden away, audit.
This hurt makes the pain go away we promise.
This memory, now in the hands of me.

We're gonna to set you free.

After these lyrics play we see the silhouette of Crimson Skull in the smoke coming up on the entrance stage. He slowly walks out onto the stage from behind all the smoke and the lightning flashes throughout the entire arena. He starts walking slowly down the ramp.

Your peace is borrowed and now we want it back.
You know you better not fuck us or we'll fuck you right back.
You gotta pay the price and you must decide
if it is worth keeping pain denied.

This memory, now in the hands of me

And you will set me free.

Come on inside...

Crimson Skull has now made it to ring steps. Slowly and one at a time he walks up the steps.

Your life is hollow, judging from your results.
Just see this as an investment in what you can become.
Now aren't we nice? We give you peace of mind
by leaving your fears behind.

He enters the ring by going over the top rope.

You're being swallowed by our devious lies
that we compose to ensnare you and keep your prices high.
You know you paid the price. Don't think twice
of leaving your friends behind.

He stands in the center of the ring, removing his trenchcoat. He tosses it to the side and throws his hands up above his head. Once he does this, the four ring posts are all hit by green lightning bolts, sending them up in flames. He slowly lowers his arms and looks straight into the camera.

This memory, now in the hands of me.

He cuts his throat with his thumb quickly and the flames the cease. The music fades and the lights slowly brighten again. The ref looks at all three men and nods before calling for the bell.

Rick—You can feel it in the arena tonight.

Matt—These fans are expecting something to happen, something big.

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons Mainevent
Triple Threat Match
Crimson Skull [vs.] Stygian [vs.] Hostyle Jones

Stygian and Crimson Skull come together in the middle of a ring for a long stare down.

Rick—Look at these two gigantic men.

Matt—Hostyle’s trying to get into it, too. He looks like a little terrier yapping at the big dogs.

Hostyle Jones tries to shove between the big men. Crimson Skull shoves him down without turning away from Stygian. Hostyle flips over, gets to his feet and stomps back to the confrontation. He tries to assert himself into the stare down again. This time Stygian shoves Stygian ass over teakettle. Hostyle gets up, fuming. He bounces off the ropes and launches towards the stare down. Crimson Skull shoves Stygian turns and levels Hostyle with a wrecking-ball-like clothesline.

Rick—Hostyle let his anger get the best of him there.

Matt—Hostyle has a huge chip on his shoulder. If you disrespect him, he loses it. He just tried to charge two seven foot, 300 pound men, and one of them got the better of him.

Crimson Skull shoots a glare to Stygian. The Star Destroyer points to Hostyle, and then gestures to Crimson to put him somewhere in the lights. Crimson nods, bending down to scoop Hostyle Jones up and press him overhead. Crimson Skull gets a running start and launches Hostyle Jones over the top rope and to the ramp. Hostyle bounces off the steel and lies motionless. Almost as soon as Hostyle takes flight, Stygian bum rushes the Reaper with a cut block at the knee. The crowd boos.

Rick—Well, Stygian didn’t come here to win any popularity contests.

Matt—He never does. Fair is fair, Crimson would do it to him.

Rick—Probably will before the night is over.

Crimson drops like a sack of bricks, holding his knee. Stygian grabs Crimson Skull’s ankle and drives repeated boots into his hamstring.

Rick—Stygian appears to be isolating the leg of Crimson Skull, this isn’t like him.

Matt—Stygian usually has a significant strength advantage over his opponents. It’s a coin toss between him and Crimson Skull, but if Stygian can ground him, hamstring him, he gains that edge back.

Crimson Skull claws over to the rope and grabs it. Stygian keeps kicking the legend’s hamstring as the ref counts.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Stygian finally grants a clean break. The camera cuts to Hostyle Jones who’s still lying on the ramp, the landing seems to have split his lip, a faint trickle of blood drips from the corner of his mouth. As Crimson Skull pulls himself up with the ropes, Stygian leads with a low kick to his knee.

Rick—Don’t think I’ve seen Stygian utilize these kinds of kicks before.

Matt—He’s been training with kickboxing legend Kurt Sloane. Look at him utilize the clinch now.

Stygian wraps his hands around Crimson’s neck and knees him in the thigh a few times before whipping him into the corner and following up with a huge clothesline.

Rick—With Hostyle recovering on the ramp, Stygian really took over his match with that cheap shot.

Stygian presses Skull in the corner, wrapping his bad leg around the middle rope and wrenching on it. Skull tries to fish hook Stygian to get him off it, Stygian breaks the hole to elbow Crimson in the skull to make him a little more agreeable, then he goes back to the rudimentary leg wrench while the ref counts.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Rick—Stygian breaks the hold.

Matt—He’s pushing that five count to the limit.

Tick—There he goes, right back to the hold!

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

The referee pulls Stygian away and admonishes him for attacking a man in the corner. Stygian makes the “jerking off” gesture, inciting the St. Louis crowd to boo him more, and incensing the ref. The referee shoves Stygian back, pointing at the IWF logo on his shirt in that “I’m the referee, bitch” kinda way. Stygian finally just shoves past him and charges into the corner. Whatever Stygian was going to do, it’s cut off by Crimson getting his good foot up and catching Stygian right between the eyes. Stygian staggers back from the blow. He tries to cut off Crimson Skull with a right hand, but Skull blocks and returns fire. Stygian throws again, with the same result. Crimson Skull beats him to the punch the third time. Pounding him until Stygian retreats to the ropes.

Rick--big right hands from Crimson Skull.

Matt—Stygian is rocked.

Crimson Skull goes to whip Stygian off the ropes. Stygian reverses. Crimson Skull bounces off the ropes, ducks a clothesline from Stygian, an comes back off the other side, leveling Stygian with a flying clothesline that gets the crowd back into the match.

Rick—Vintage Crimson Skull.

Matt—The old man’s still got it.

Crimson Skull rolls over to cover Stygian, but instead he just grinds his forearm into the bridge of Stygian’s nose.

Rick—Another one of Crimson Skull’s old-school dirty tricks.

Matt—Stygian usually uses this maneuver, in fact he’s told me on several occasions that he got it from watching old Crimson Skull matches.

The ref counts as Crimson grinds that rigid bone into the soft part of the big man’s nose.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Crimson Skull breaks clean…and then decides to throttle him instead.

Rick—Another cheap trick, and these fans love him for it!

Matt—Usually it’s Stygian getting the life choke out of him!

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Crimson Skull breaks the choke an stands up. He stomps Stygian a few times and then drags him up to his feet. Crimson Skull shoves Stygian back into the corner and goes to work with a heavy combo of rights and lefts.

Rick—Crimson Skull is using Stygian like a punching bag.

Matt—I have never seen anyone bully The Star Destroyer like this.

The ref finally gets a break from Crimson Skull, but only for a moment. Crimson Skull pulls Stygian out of the corner and whips him to the ropes.

Rick—LOW BRIDGE!

Matt—Hostyle Jones out of nowhere sends Stygian to the floor.

Crimson Skull cants his head sideways at Hostyle, then charges in. Hostyle ducks between the ropes and hits Crimson with a big shoulder block to the stomach that staggers him a step. Crimson Skull tries to grab Hostyle between the ropes, but Hostyle swings his leg up and catches Crimson right between the eyes with a scorpion kick.

Rick—What the hell was that!

Matt—Scorpion Kick! I haven’t seen that since Trinity in The Matrix Reloaded.

Rick—It was impressive, he knocked Crimson Skull down to one knee with it.

Hostyle Jones springs up to the top rope and dives off, leveling Crimson Skull with a flying shoulder block. He lands beside Crimson and quickly rolls over into a cover.

-1-

-2-

Stygian pulls Hostyle off of Crimson Skull. Hostyle rolls onto his back, draws his legs in and shoves Stygian into the corner. Hostyle is quick to his feet. He charges into the corner and hops up to the second rope, pounding Stygian with right hands as the crowd counts along.

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!

4!!!

5!!!

6!!!

Hostyle Jones looks over his shoulder and sees Crimson Skull coming up behind him. He springs up to the top rope and comes off with a cross body block, but Crimson Skull catches him. Stygian scales the ropes with deceptive speed, finding himself on the top rope as Crimson Skull has only a second too give the Star Destroyer a “wtf” look before Stygian leaps off and hits Hostyle’s trapped body, knocking him and Crimson Skull down. The crowd pops for the display of athleticism from the big man. However Hostyle lands in a covering position.

-1-

-2-

Stygian breaks up the pin. Hostyle Jones rolls off of Crimson Skull holding his back in pain.

Rick—A seven foot man doing a missile drop kick?

Matt—I haven’t see Stygian do anything like this in the US. He’s looking like he did back in Japan. I know he’s been working on broadening his offense.

Rick—He hasn’t looked like this in over two years, though!

Stygian is to his feet first. He pulls Crimson Skull to his feet and bounces off the ropes, charging into Crimson with a shoulder block that does little. Undeterred, Stygian comes off the same ropes again and shoulders Crimson Skull once more. The Reaper staggers back to the ropes, leaning against them. Stygian turns as Hostyle gets to his feet and kicks him in the stomach. He scoops Hostyle up and charges, launching the High Impact Champion into Crimson Skull like a lawn dart, the impact launches Crimson Skull over top rope and to the arena floor.

Rick—Crimson Skull landed on his feet!

Matt—Stygian used Hostyle Jones as a missile.

Hostyle Jones stumbles back into the waiting grasp of Stygian, who scoops him up and presses him overhead, the crowd holds their breath.

Rick—Uh oh…

Matt—Is this going to be a Baneblade?

No. Stygian throws Hostyle Jones over the top rope, taking out Crimson Skull. Hostyle Jones springs to his feet, scales the apron, grabs Stygian by the head and jumps off, snapping the Star Destroyer’s neck over the top rope like a whip. Stygian is flung back to mid-ring, where he lies holding his throat.

Rick—Maybe this is the point where Hostyle Jones makes his mark in this match?

Matt—Hostyle Jones said he was angry this week. He felt disrespected by both of these big men telling him he didn’t belong in this match.

Hostyle Jones gets to his feet and backs up, charging in as Crimson Skull gets to his hands and knees and catching him square in the face with a charging dropkick. The fans come to their feet as Hostyle Jones stands and looks around the ring. He goes over to the ring steps and kicks them loose. Then he strains to pull them into line with Crimson Skull. Once he’s satisfied, he leaves them there and comes in after Crimson Skull who’s just getting to his feet.

Rick—You’ve gotta wonder what Hostyle has in mind with those steel steps.

Matt—I’m convinced he doesn’t have a plan half the time. He’s like a guy going all in with a Jack and a six and hoping something good happens.

Rick—You could be right!

Hostyle Jones kicks Crimson Skull just as Crimson is getting to his feet, but Skull powers into him and lifts him up in a bear hug. Crimson Skull carries Hostyle, who is struggling all the way, towards the steps. Crimson stops to wrench on the hold and really sink it into the lower ribs of the High Impact Champion.

Rick—Hostyle Jones has got to be running out of air.

Matt—To do the bear hug right you need to be very, very strong. It’s suck a simple hold, but if you’ve got the muscle, it drives the air out of you, it makes your vital organs not a good place to be, it’s just vicious if you’re strong enough to pull it off, and Crimson Skull is.

Crimson carries Jones over towards the steps. Suddenly Hostyle Jones brings his knees up and muscles out of Crimson Skulls grasp, landing on the top of the stairs. He toe-kicks the larger man in the stomach, doubling him over. Hostyle Jones hops off the back of the stairs, gets a running start up them, leaps over and hits a beautiful flip-over neckbreaker that causes the crowd to roar and leaves both men sucking air on the arena floor.

Rick—Did you see that?

Matt—I did and I don’t believe it.

Crowd: Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones! Ho-style Jones!

Rick—These fans are showing their appreciation for the IWF High Impact Champion and his insane offense here tonight!

Matt—Crimson Skull is down, Hostyle Jones is down, Stygian’s barely coming to after Hostyle Jones traumatized his throat…this is insane.

Rick—If there was any doubt as to whether Hostyle Jones belongs in this match, he’s silenced it here tonight.

Hostyle Jones is first to his feet. He pulls Crimson Skull up with a handful of hair, but Crimson shoves him out towards the entryway. Crimson Skull tries a running clothesline but Hostyle ducks and catches Skull with a vicious back kick to the stomach that doubles him over. Hostyle tries another kick, but Skull catches his foot. He raises his hand and tries to grab the smaller man by the neck, but Hostyle hits him with an enziguri.

Rick—Hostyle Jones is too quick for Crimson Skull right now.

Matt—What the hell is he doing now? He can be thinking what it looks like he’s thinking.

Hostyle pulls Crimson up and traps his head between his legs. He grabs Crimson Skulls tights and leans back, trying for leverage.

Rick—What the hell?

Matt—He’s trying for a stump puller, but he doesn’t have the strength or the length to do it on an opponent that big.

Hostyle gets Crimson off his feet for a fleeting second and then Skull plants and powers Hostyle over with a back body drop, but Hostyle lands on his feet. About the time They turn around and face up, the crowd stirs. In the ring Stygian pulls himself up on the far ropes and sees Hostyle Jones and Crimson Skull trading blows just outside the ring. He sprints and DIVES over the top rope!

Rick—Holy shit!

Hostyle Jones grabs Crimson Skull’s vest and shoves him into the path of the oncoming Star Destroyer. Stygian wipes Crimson Skull out!

Crowd: HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

Matt—I have never seen Stygian do that in the United States. I’ve seen it on his reels from Japan.

Rick—Seven feet tall, 315 pounds and he flew over the top rope and just obliterated Crimson Skull!

Matt—And himself, but look at Hostyle Jones standing tall!

Hostyle looks at Stygian and Crimson Skull lying side-by-side, neither one of them looks like that maneuver did them any favors.

Rick—I think Stygian thought he’d get both men with that maneuver.

Matt—But he didn’t, and Hostyle looks like he’s got an idea…

A wicked smirk slowly spreads on the face of Hostyle Jones. He climbs up onto the security railing, looming large over both very large men. He laughs, turns his back, and nails a modified Asai Moonsault that draws a huge pop from the crowd.

Rick—Now they’re all down!

Matt—Hostyle Jones is insane! That maneuver hurt him as much as it did his opponents.

Rick—But he’s still getting up first.

Hostyle gets to his feet, holding his stomach and looks at the two seven footers laid out.

Rick—Hostyle Jones has his pick.

Matt—Looks like he’s taking Stygian.

Hostyle Jones drags Stygian up with a handful of hair and peppers him with right hands. He whips Stygian into the side of the ring hard. Stygian falls over, bracing himself with one hand and holding his back with the other. Hostyle Jones drags him over to the steel steps still sitting at ringside and slams him face first into them. Stygian winds up lying across the top of the stairs.

Rick—Now where is he going?

Matt—Into the crowd…

Hostyle Jones climbs the barricade and heads into the fans. He calls security over and starts directing traffic, moving the IWF faithful back and out of the way, clearing himself a path. He sets one chair against the barricade backwards and then kicks a bunch of them over, clearing himself about a ten foot runoff.

Rick—This isn’t going to be good, is it?

Matt—Probably not, but I’ll bet it’s awesome!

Hostyle runs at the chair, climbs and drives Stygian’s face into the steps with a triple-jump guillotine leg drop. Stygian rolls off to the side, Hostyle crashes and burns awkwardly to the mat, holding the leg he hit the Star Destroyer with…by the time the camera catches up to Stygian, blood is pouring out of his mouth, and his nose.

Rick—Oh god…

Matt—Stygian is all kinds of beat up. He’s gotta be bleeding internally, he might even have his nose broken!

Rick—But Hostyle Jones isn’t much better. He wiped himself out with that, the crazy sumbitch!

Crowd: HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

Rick—And now Crimson Skull is to his feet, and like Hostyle Jones earlier, he has the pick of the litter!

Crimson Skull’s shadow looms over Hostyle Jones. Slowly Crimson pulls him up by his hair and rams his face into the ring post hard, like Jason Vorhees going to work. Then he scoops Hostyle up and slams him into the steel steps like a ton of bricks. The crowd cheers loudly as he sets his sites on a bloodied Stygian.

Rick—Oh damn, he might have just broken the man’s back.

Matt—His legs are moving, that’s always good.

Crimson Skull drags Stygian to his feet, but before he can do anything else, Stygian blows red mist into his face.

Rick—Breath weapon!

Matt—Jesus, these guys are pulling out all the stops.

Stygian kicks Crimson in the gut a couple times to back him off, then he grabs Crimson around the neck and whips him towards the ring. Crimson Skull rolls into the ring, but Stygian’s grip on his head keeps it sticking out under the top rope. Stygian backs off, runs, and clubs Crimson Skull in the neck. He follows up by punching Crimson in the head a few times as he holds his throat. Once Crimson Skull is docile again, Stygian climbs onto the ring apron. He measures, runs and leaps off, dropping his leg across Crimson Skull’s throat. Crimson rolls into the ring in obvious pain, while Stygian holds up his hands and gets a loud chorus of boos from the crowd.

Rick—Stygian has been getting some respect from these people since that legendary match at Ragnarok against Corey Casey, but they are against him tonight.

Matt—Nobody’s going to get cheered for brutalizing Crimson Skull.

Stygian turns his attention to Hostyle Jones who, even wracked with pain, is starting to stir. Stygian pulls him off the steps, turns, wraps his arm around the High Impact Champion’s neck, and drives him down with a side slam back breaker.

Rick—Day of the Dragon!

Matt—Right into that back that has to be killing him after Crimson Skull drove him spine-first into the steel.

Rick—Stygian has taken firm control of this match once more.

Stygian rolls into the ring behind Crimson Skull, who’s just barely standing up. He charges and barrels into his leg with another chop block. Crimson falls over, holding his leg. Stygian points to his corner, Lilith and Lilah immediately hop onto the ring apron. The ref moves over to clear them off. While the ref’s back is turned, Stygian goes to work on the top turnbuckle.

Rick—Stygian trying to pry off that padded cover and expose the steel turnbuckle.

Matt—He may have his red belt in Shotokan, but he has his black belt in fighting dirty.

Stygian flings the turnbuckle cover into the crowd, just to make sure it will not be back. He turns to Crimson Skull.

Rick—The referee is still having trouble with Lilith and Lilah.

Matt—They are master diversionary tacticians.

Crimson Skull gets on shaky legs, Stygian charges in and splits the uprights!

Rick—The kick is up…

Matt—And it’s good! Three points to Stygian.

The girls finally jump off the apron as Stygian hauls Skull up and powers him onto his shoulder.

Rick—Look at this strength here!

Matt—That’s a near-330 pound man Stygian is carrying around.

Stygian runs into the corner and throws Crimson Skull face-first into the exposed turnbuckle.

Rick—Snake Eyes right on that exposed steel!

Crimson Skull bounces out to mid ring, bleeding from a nasty gash on his forehead. Stygian catches his breath in the corner for a moment. The crowd boos. Hostyle Jones is still lying lifelessly beside the ring. Crimson Skull is bleeding profusely. Stygian turns and swaggers over to Crimson Skull with a cocky smirk on his face…and Crimson Skull sits up, getting an ovation from the crowd. Stygian looks down in wide-eyed horror.

Rick—Uh oh…

Stygian kicks Skull in the face, dropping him back down.

Matt—False alarm.

Rick—We’ve see Crimson Skull do that so many times to opponents.

And he does it again, to another ovation. Stygian kicks him back down, sprints off the ropes, and drives an elbow into Crimson Skull’s heart. Stygian looks down with a laugh, and Crimson Skull sits up again. Stygian bolts upright, Skull follows him to his feet and takes a big swing. Stygian ducks and catches him in a full nelson, immediately dropping him with a full nelson slam. The crowd boos, but cheers for a second when Crimson Skull tries to sit up…but dies down when he can’t, falling back down on his back.

Rick—Stygian got desperate with some fast offense there.

Matt—He weathered the storm. Usually when Crimson Skull does that, it’s trouble. But Stygian pounded him back to the mat each time.

Stygian smiles at the fallen, bloody Crimson Skull. The crowd boos as he drops down and laughs, looking like he’s about to cover Crimson…until Crimson reaches up and chokes him, bringing the fans back to life.

Rick—Uh oh!

Matt—He had one more left in him.

The crowd gets louder as Crimson Skull stands up with Stygian, keeping him in that choke hold, before lifting him up and driving him into the mat with a Hellhound Slam. Stygian hits like a train wreck and doesn’t move.

Rick—I think this might be over…

Crimson Skull stands over Stygian and makes the cut-throat gesture.

Matt—This doesn’t bode well for Stygian.

Rick—The Reaper is about to slay the Black Dragon…

Matt—Hostyle Jones!!!

What has Matt so excited? Hostyle Jones has scaled the top rope and lined up Crimson Skull. Crimson turns around as Hostyle dives off.

Rick—Crimson caught him!

Matt—DEATH DRIVER!

Hostyle Jones bounces off the mat with the impact. Crimson Skull crawls over and covers Hostyle Jones.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Rick—HE KICKED OUT! How in the HELL did Hostyle Jones kick out?

Matt—With all the damage that’s been done to his back, I don’t know.

Crimson Skull yanks Hostyle Jones off the mat and flings him into the corner. He turns to go after him, but Stygian spins him around. The two men come face-to-face in the middle of the ring as Hostyle flounders in the corner.

Rick—Listen to this crowd!

Matt—This is what they came to see.

Crimson Skull punches Stygian in the face. Stygian punches Crimson Skull in the face. They trade back and forth; Skull, Stygian, Skull, Stygian, Skull, Stygian, Skull, Stygian, Skull, Stygian, Skull, Stygian…Stygian follows his punch with a knee to the stomach that doubles Crimson Skull over. Stygian grabs Skull and whips him, but Skull reverses. Stygian comes off the ropes and ducks under a big boot. He puts on the brakes and catches Crimson Skull with a Spartan Kick when he turns around.

Rick—Good…fucking…night!

Matt—Right between the eyes!

Rick—Stygian covers.

-1-

-2-

Hostyle Jones comes out of nowhere to break up the pin by crushing both men with a picture-perfect Swanton Bomb that fires up the crowd.

Rick—Nobody wants to give up on this match!

Matt—Hostyle Jones flew in and dive-bombed both men!

Stygian, who took the worst of the move, slumps off to the side. Hostyle dives on top of Crimson Skull like a football player going after a fumble in the Super Bowl.

-1-

-2-

Crimson Skull throws Hostyle Jones off him and sits up. The crowd goes nuts. Skull stands and catches Hostyle with a right hand. Then a knee that backs him into the ropes. He whips Hostyle Jones into the corner and backs off to the opposite corner. After pausing a moment, he sprints across the ring, but Hostyle leapfrogs the Reaper and lets him crash into the corner. Stygian comes running afterwards, trying to sandwich Hostyle, but the High Impact champion ducks, and Stygian collides with Crimson Skull instead.

Rick—Hostyle Jones’ quickness had kept him out of some nasty spots here tonight!

Hostyle stands up and catches Stygian with a low kick when he turns around. He spins Stygian around and locks him up in a 3/4 face lock. He charges into the corner, running up the front of Crimson Skull and pushing off, grabbing his head on the way by, taking down Stygian with a modified stunner, and Crimson Skull with a bulldog.

Rick—What innovation!

Matt—Hostyle Jones laid both men out. He’s made them both eath their words here tonight, even if he doesn’t win!

Rick—Right now it looks pretty good for him.

Hostyle puts one arm down over both men.

-1-

-2-

Both big men barely get a shoulder up.

Rick—Hostyle played for the numbers and covered both men there!

Matt—It does double your odds, but, it comes at the cost of not hooking either man’s leg. I think that might have been an ego move, and I think it cost Hostyle Jones a win here. He tried to beat both men and got neither.

Hostyle plucks Stygian off the mat and drags him out to mid-ring. He bounces off the ropes and catches Stygian with a spinning heel kick that levels him. Hostyle glances over at Crimson Skull who isn’t moving. He stands over Stygian, flips him onto his stomach and locks in the Straightjacket.

Rick—Straightjacket! Hostyle has it in and deep.

Matt—Stygian’s in the middle of the ring, he has nowhere to go!

Stygian fights like a wolf caught in a trap. He reaches up and tries to break Hostyle’s clenched hands, to no avail. He claws at the mat, trying to get to the ropes, but no good comes of it. He finally resorts to biting his own hand as Lilith climbs up onto the ring apron, and Lilah bounds, and bounces over to the ropes where Crimson Skull lies. She reaches into her bra and pulls out a small vial. She cracks it open and wafts it under Crimson Skull’s nose. Skull sits bolt upright, rubbing his nose.

Rick—Did Lilah just revive Crimson Skull with smelling salts?

Matt—I think so!

Crimson Skull looks over at Stygian, struggling to stay conscious in the Straightjacket. He pulls himself up and charges at Hostyle Jones with a kick aiming to take his head off. Hostyle lets go of Stygian and ducks the kick. He hops to his feet and wraps up Crimson Skull, nailing him with the Lobotomy! Skull slumps over and Hostyle Jones stands up, spinning around into the waiting grasp of Stygian, who managed to get to his feet without being notice. Stygian wraps Hostyle Jones up the second he’s spun around lifts, spins and drills him with the Burn Notice.

Rick—Hostyle Jones never knew Stygian was there.

Matt—That’s how these triple threats go, you need eyes in the back of your head.

Stygian stands tall over Hostyle Jones and draws the sword, running it through Hostyle’s chest as he kneels down to scrape him off the mat. He presses Hostyle Jones high overhead, spins around, and drops him with the Baneblade.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Dong]

Heather Thompson
Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner…STYGIAN!

“Cry Thunder” plays as Stygian holds his hands up to the sky. The ref comes over to raise his hand and make it official. Lilith and Lilah climb into the ring, handing Stygian the “Real” IWF title belt and celebrating with him. Crimson Skull finally shakes the cobwebs out and gets to his feet. He looks over at Stygian, cocks his head to listen to the music, and shakes his head with a laugh, knowing who won the match while he was out. He steps over to Stygian and the music stops as the two of them stare down. Finally Skull extends his hand. Stygian looks for a moment at it, then slides his arm from behind Lilith and shakes it to an ovation from the crowd. The big men lean in to exchange words underneath the roar of the crowd. As they shoot the shit, Hostyle Jones bedraggledly pulls himself up on the far ropes and stomps defiantly to the middle of the ring, screaming at Stygian and Skull.

Rick—I think Hostyle Jones is feeling a little short changed here.

Matt—Both these men said he didn’t belong in the match, but he acquitted himself very well. He has nothing to be ashamed of.

Stygian and Crimson Skull look at Hostyle jones, annoyed at first…but then the look at one another and nod. The both gesture for Hostyle to come over to them. Hostyle drops his hands and gives them a look as if to say, “wait, really?” The big men nod. Hostyle Jones limps over to the pair of them, and the big men pull Hostyle Jones into a hug.

Rick—How do you like that?

Matt—Hostyle Jones getting the respect he richly deserves from Stygian and Crimson Skull!

Rick—He didn’t win, but he proved that he belonged in the company of a legend, and quite possibly the best wrestler in the world right now.

After some, what appear to be, kind words between all three of them, “Cry Thunder” plays once more and Stygian leads the girls over to the ropes and holds them apart. Lilith and Lilah crawl out of the ring followed by Stygian who makes his way up the ramp. He gets to the top and holds his hands high in the air. The crowd gives him some polite applause. He turns around and the camera angle switches to show that Anna Stone’s tiny frame has slipped in behind the massive Star Destroyer unseen. Anna wastes no time, kicking Stygian right in the nuts. She shoves Lilith and Lilah down, steps off to the side of the doubled-over Stygian and kicks him in the back of the head.

Rick—BOOSH!

Matt—What the hell just happened?

Rick—Anna Stone appears out of nowhere and sends a powerful message to her From the Ashes opponent!

Matt—But why?

Rick—It’s not usually like her…

Anna stands over Stygian who is knocked the fuck out. She turns to Lilith and Lilah, measuring Lilah for another dose of Boosh with a sadistic glint in her eye.

Rick—Johnny Styles!

Matt—Stygian’s opponent in next week’s main event is out here now to save the big man.

Johnny has places himself between Anna Stone, and Stygian and his entourage. He points to the back. Anna gives him a dismissive wave of her hands and turns around; walking out of the arena as Battle Grounds goes off the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons   Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds XLVIII: Demons & Dragons
Page 1 of 1