Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine Empty
PostSubject: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 am

RP Heer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am

Defeat and Victory are often a matter of timing ,luck ..but there were no excuses for Fury, you can argue you weren't prepared enough, you can argue He had 'new guy' advantage but when it boils down to it?

You lost Devlin, plain and simple and here you are with your back against the wall and the only two ways to go are Up...Or have your life made harder for yourself bay making a Championship match a three way.

Would you have this any other way? Sure... But you have to admit Devlin...

You always did like being the underdog.

Now wake your lazy ass up.

As if by command the alarm rouses Devlin from his slumber and he opens an eye to glare at the camera and turn off his alarm pushing up with a sigh and eying the time.

6:00 am blinks I n stark red digital , illuminating his face against the camera gloom whilst he swing to step out of bed and reaches for the camera turning it off with a muttered.

”don''t tell me I left you on again.. ..Shi..”

Sudden black.

As we start to fade in on the Rising sun of Arizona, looking form a hotel room and a n acoustic guitar that starts to get plucked, Devlin is still mostly undressed, just in a set of jogging pants as he pucks away the opening chords of Muse's “Uprising” starts to get played by Devlin of all people as he idly smirks to the camera mouth about to open as he just keeps playing that rather simple refrain on his guitar and then, idly started to speak over the playing.

“Things are getting interesting here in the IWF but I can't really worry about the stupid little war going on I mean It -might- mean the future of this company might it not and believe me I'm keeping an eye on it but right now? I mean there's a whole mess of guys just trying to ..make a living I'm one of them Far removed form the notice of guys like Chuck Matthews or even Corey Casey we, the life blood of IWF along with the Fans who come and pay money to sees us perform week after week and night after night -we- are the life blood. As Great men once said Guys .. A house divided against itself cannot stand.' and that an Empire founded on war can only sustain itself through war..Just remember that yeah?“

Devlin slowly lowers the guitar and smiles a little whilst he rambles, chuckling just a bit.

“This week it seems the test continue after what was one -hell- of a match with what turned out be Gordon Fury I find myself facing against Steel Angel.
Now this guy is a more established member of the roster, Similar style if no more over the top than I and If I lose this my match against Parker Wade becomes a three way against him, And Steel Angel. What you guys don't think I can make this on my own ..Or is this whole concept supposed to fire me up? Spice me ,bring out the best that Devlin can give? If you guys want the Dragon Slayer I can -give- you the dragon slaying, Destiny dealing, main event stealing S.O.B That is Devlin Raine.. Leader of a revolution and Banner waver! “

Devlin grins deeply as he rubs his chin pondering this concept and puts down the guitar to stand up and lean on the railing nodding to himself a little. You're not sure who he's talking to as he speaks now, himself or the camera.

“After my ..hell let's call it what I was.. Loss to Fury last week, you'd think I'd be down for facing Steel Angel, the bets are against me he's a solid competitor with some seriously hard hitting offense, And I can almost hear the people asking 'Is Devlin Raine just a flash in the pan'? So naturally I have go and disprove that on my own merits against An angel.. Well Let me tell you a secret Steel...Is it OK if I call you Steel? Thanks Buddy. “

Devlin leans forwards into the camera as if telling a big secret, well aware that everyone watching his will hear it. Mirth dancing in his eyes even as the sky behind him-began to fully brighten up.

“I'm Not scared, I kinda look forwards to it, I said these words to Stygian once you know? That I wasn't scared that I was prepared face him, star into his eyes and fight him like a man , win or lose? What did it get me? A Big boot to the chest..Looking back on that? I don't regret word of it..and so I say to you I'm not afraid, not of you...not of the Empire not of Stygian.. Nobody here scares me because Truth is? I've already faced fear at it's worst and hell I'm not even talking in a Felix Baumgartner sort of way..even though I'd -love- to do that..No I mean In away that I've had to look myself in the mirror and as k my self ' why carry on?' a thousand times in the past And I did.. Facing a guy And trying to hold his shoulders to the mat for three after that? Is just gravy and potatoes.. Hearing the crowd scream and cheer to know -you- are doing it? That's the cream on top...So Steel, what's your secret weapon ? What's your pithy comeback?...Everybody has one..I wanna hear yours.“

The Young man picks up the camera as he starts to wander inside , past the still sleeping form of Kate, the bride t o be really, he affords her a look and a little smile before closing the bedroom door so he can't be heard so much and takes a seat in the impromptu living room of the hotel room, the couch they all provide, you know the ones the not quite so comfortable ones.

“Either way Steel, Words aren't going to be what decides all this, Gordon Taught me a lesson last week and that to never take my eyes off the prize, sure we all have limits but I got sloppy And I paid of it there's no excuses for that, no apologies so I have to work -harder- Better faster and stronger and better than I was before, I have the technology.. I can rebuild from this...All I have have to do is beat you and momentum is back on my side...If ...only it were so easy huh Steel?“

Devlin chuckles a little and looks down a bit as he sets the camera to look at him to watch him that burning desire to do well in the back of his eyes a silent intensity that actually permeates through the laid back veneer he puts on some. Devlin -wants- Pride, it's a pain in the ass. But it's something that drives everybody in this business to do some ridiculous and fantastic things.

Are we back to the talking already? Seems so!

“So, Battle Grounds and Phoenix Arizona will witness Devlin Raine Versus The Steel Angel and I -guarantee- that one way or the other it's going to be off the hook it'll be a preview of things to come and it'll prove Suggest or eve n help o r hinder both of us.. Fair and honest competition may the best man win! May Fourth walls get utterly shattered and broken..may the wings of an Angel suddenly stop flapping ...hey a Guy can hope right? But it's not going to happen, no tomorrow night In the US Airways Arena , we'll fight and one of us Steel one of us will fall and the other will rise...Is that enough Cliché's Yet? Because Well It's a plain and simple equation for me Angel I -have- to beat you My mental processes won't allow it going nay other way because-well why the -hell- would I want to face another guy for the High Impact Title? Why in -any sane world- would I want to make my life harder for myself? Other than the fact I like a Challenge? “

Devlin seems to consider his own words for a moment actually wondering how the three way would look, bodies flying crashing to the mat, Crowd cheering, he seems to shake himself out of his reverie for a moment with a curse to himself and a chuckle.

“No Steel, I wouldn't be -that- crazy no because at this exact moment the ecstasy of gold is starting to reach a fever pitch for some people they wanna know if the guy who just got here can actually -overcome the odds- and do what he's said he's gonna do! And really? I hate to disappoint No really I do.. I -hate- it! So buckle up People! 'cause Devlin Raine is going to war! And you're all comin' with me! ...See you soon Steel. “

Devlin delivers a wink and a wide grin as he turns the camera off.

Fin.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:51 pm

The scene opens with Steel Angel dressed in his gear sitting down on a chair in what looks to be a single room.

Steel Angel - Sometimes all it takes is one match, one fight with someone who has been to the top of the mountain for your name to be known. Just look at Ryan Apollos, he was the low class jobber until he somehow manage to beat me, now he's going to face the Heavyweight champion in just one week.

he shifts his body to the side and leans forward with his hand resting on his chin. His expression is one of thoughtfulness as he looks on.

Steel Angel - Young talent these days are just happy to to go with the bare minimum, just a few easy wins and that's it you never hear from em again. But there are those out there that strive to be greater than that, they want to go out there and show the world what they can really do. I'm among those that did just that, first time I came here was at Battle Grounds XV just two weeks before IWF's first ever From the Ashes Pay Per View. I arrived during the scene before two other nobodies and took them both out and before then, not a single person knew about me.

He leans forward with a smile.

Steel Angel - All it took was one finisher, one Final Judgment before the buzzing of the media came full circle. Then at From the Ashes, I would make history and steal the show, being the 1st among all newcomers to become the first ever New Blood champion. That achievement would remain the highlight of my career, but then I went on to even bigger things. I would go on an undefeated streak, beating the likes of Sean Libby a former High Impact champion, then Tyson Rowle who was the current High Impact champion at the time. However the biggest shock of em all was when I pinned the Heavyweight champion not once, but twice in back to back matches.

He leans back on his chair and lets his words sink in for a moment before continuing.

Steel Angel - Then I lost the New Blood title at Violent Impulse, but at that point my career was just about to skyrocket even further. I would move on to defeat a IWF legend and another former Heavyweight champion, then I would go under the radar for some time before my biggest break would come to me at Spring Fling when I made history twice once more. First I became the only person to win the Briefcase without ever partaking in the tournament and would cash in said case at Isolation. There I would win the Heavyweight championship and defend the title on the same night.

After a while he doesn’t say a word before a door opens and someone peaks out from the light though we can't see who it is. Soft words are exchange and only Steel knows what is being said, he nods and says "I'll be ready" before the door closes and his gaze returns to the camera.

Steel Angel - Sorry about that, as you can see I'm a busy man. So where am I going with this? Well like I said many newcomers these days just settle for scraps, they don't want to put forth the effort to make something out of their careers and so they end up taking a backseat to someone else who ends up taking something that they didn't earn to begin with. Which brings to my opponet Devlin who is to face Parker at Violent Impulse for the High Impact belt. Listen dude, don't take this the wrong way alright? I'm not here to steal your thunder or anything, after all you won the match that made you the rightful contender for the belt but just hear me out on this. Parker is one of those guys that talks too much and does even less, I mean he claims to have beaten the best but the truth is he hasn’t. I mean he lost twice to Stygian which granted I've never beaten before but came damn near close to it but who cares right? Well he did beat me once but it was in a tag match and it was Ruby who nailed the move, Parker just stole all the credit.

He shakes his head in embarrassed at Parker's claims.

Steel Angel - Now he's prancing around like he's the kid who won the billion dollar lottery, all because he "beat" me. It was only one match and a tag match none the less. After having to listen to this guy yap yap yap for so long I figured it's time for me to shut him up. I get that chance tonight but I have to go through you first.

Steel Angel - This is nothing personal man; I mean I don't mind adding another belt to my collection however I'm more about just beating the living daylights out of Parker. I don't know much about you aside from the fact you earned a shot at Parker's belt. Well I want to throw in my name into the hat as well because let's face it; I lost a title at Violent Impulse so it makes perfect sense that I would win a title there.

Steel Angel - You're right about many things, while I find your speech a bit hard to understand I know your intent. You will give me no more than a hundred percent in this match. I wouldn’t have it any other way man, last week I was greatly disappointed with the severe lack of competition in the ring. Though I caught the guy off guard but the rule is you always have to be ready for anything. Just like you said about taking your eyes off the prize, the guy took his eyes off the ball for one second and ate an onslaught of fists. I don't mess around, when the stakes are this high I aim to go all out regardless of who I fight.

He gets up from his chair and nods to the camera.

Steel Angel - I'm always about hard hitting and taking to the skys, no risk is too great for me. I've been put though tables, I've crashed through ladders, fell several stories down huge structures and I'm still standing. I'm one of the toughest guys out here and that's really all it takes. Parker is just as spineless as they come, went from being part of Natural Law to the newest member of the Empire. While I was part of a faction, I was more or less just an outsider much like Ryan and Robbie. We all knew Hostyle was for the most part incompetent but like Robbie I didn't say a word. However I'm beyond stables and the like, I tend to work at my own pace and not have to follow someone else's lead. Shit I didn't have to do that while I was part of the Human Highlight Reels I just nodded my head and did my own thing. Parker just likes to think that being part of a group makes him cool when really just shows what a coward he really is I mean he needed a fucking partner just to beat me in the first place.

Laughter is heard as Steel walks around and gets his leg moving, getting the blood flowing through them after sitting down for so long.

Steel Angel - But I digress, tonight it's not about Parker, and it’s about getting into the title hunt. I have to win this, there's no way around it. While I respect you for stepping up to the plate, you're going to end up regretting it. There's alot of pressure on you pal, if you lose you have to worry about two guys going after the belt. If you win your name will be resound in the fact that you beat one of the all time greats in this federation. Question is though, can you do the unthinkable? Only one way to find out, it’s the moment of truth. May the best man win.

He salutes to the camera and reaches behind it before the screen goes dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine
Page 1 of 1