Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XM Radio Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

XM Radio Interview Empty
PostSubject: XM Radio Interview   XM Radio Interview I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm

XM Radio Interview WrestlingUnplugged

DJ Ray
And welcome back ladies and gentlemen. As promised, we have a HUGE guest here this morning…

I lean back in my leather chair, a small smile on my face. After signing the deal to go into business with Chuck and Brandon and forming IWF, things had been a little slow. But, as the shows continued to post good ratings and the PPV buy rates continued to spike in convincing form, things had begun to take a more positive turn. Chuck, Brandon and I had all decided that we needed to do as much as we all possibly could to try and maximize the exposure of IWF to all walks of life. I had then immediately called up an old friend of mine, DJ Ray, whom I knew had his own radio show and booked an interview spot.

DJ Ray
Ladies and gentlemen…it is my great pleasure to introduce…he is ”Destiny’s Chosen One” and South Boston’s very own…Corey Casey!

DJ Ray and a couple of the producers who were in the room clap while DJ Ray plays “Rebirthing” by Skillet. I lean forward in my chair and chuckle

Corey Casey
Thanks a lot Ray it’s great to be here

DJ Ray
Nah man thank you for coming on, if you hadn’t come on my show today we woulda had to interview one of the Boston Struggling Sox

A few of the producers laugh and I kind of shrug my shoulders

Corey Casey
In that case, you’re welcome

DJ Ray
So, you’re coming off of a tough loss to Brandon Macdonald at IWF’s second ever Pay Per View Bloody Sunday…what did you think of that match?

I feel a little bit of anger well up inside of me. I didn’t really want to talk about how bullshit the decision had been or how lucky Brandon had gotten in managing to pull off what he claimed to be a “Purifier.” Whatever…I asked for this interview time…I couldn’t be very picky about what we talked about now could i?

Corey Casey
Yeah…the match was definitely an interesting one. I actually was STILL confused by the rules even as I walked down the ramp. I actually had to listen quite closely to Megan O’Day, IWF’s ring announcer, when she announced how the match would be judged and shit

DJ Ray
Do you normally not pay attention to the ring announcers?

Corey Casey
It’s actually kind of funny…I honestly don’t even hear them 95% of the time

DJ Ray
Yo you going def on us man?

I laugh. DJ Ray was a good guy but he was easily side tracked. I knew that all I had to do to avoid the topic of Bloody Sunday was to just try and dance around the question and set Ray up with enough interesting side topics that we would stray so far away from his intended questions that I could essentially run the interview the way I wanted it to go.

Corey Casey
Nah…it’s just that with all the thousands of people screaming at the top of their lungs and the adrenaline pumping through my veins, I don’t even have the drive or determination to focus on anything else. The way the audience just explodes when I walk through the curtain, whether they be booing or cheering, and the fact that I know I’m going to walk down that ramp and try to put on a performance that is going to steal the show…it’s all just too much haha

DJ Ray smirks and claps his hands

DJ Ray
So to Megan O’Day, if you listenin’ out there, don’t take it personally! My boy Corey Casey just has a lot on his plate

Corey Casey
Megan and I have a…shall we say…”strained” relationship to say the least after all the shit that went down with Salvation

DJ Ray
Oh yeah I had almost forgotten about all that

Corey Casey
Yeah, but that’s all in the past now. Megan O’Day is a hard worker and she has one hell of a voice so she is quite the valuable asset for IWF and we’re lucky to have her aboard

DJ Ray nods his head while the producers smile. They were all eating out of the palm of my hand

DJ Ray
So, Insurgency Wrestling Federation…where did you come up with that name man?

I frown slightly. I didn’t want to get into the whole situation with Johnny Flannigan and the fateful night outside of Connor McShane’s bar. No one could ever know that I was one of the foremost members of The Insurgency. Not only would Chuck probably pull his funding from IWF, he would fire me from the ME Chief of Security position and probably attempt to have me killed…

Corey Casey
When Chuck Matthews and I met outside of NLWF Headquarters in Miami, we both knew that the decision to leave that place in the dust was going to make us unpopular. We both knew that the two of us would be branded as the two most hated men in NLWF history…

DJ Ray
A title you two seemed to have shared off and on over the course of both your careers

I laugh, the man had a point

Corey Casey
Haha, yeah…Chuck and I definitely were not the two most loved guys on any roster in any fed we’ve ever been a part of. Anyways, we both knew that the decision to try and rally the troops and escape NLWF would make us rebels…we both knew that Nick and the rest of NLWF management would try to brand us as traitors, as insurgents trying to cause this massive insurrection within NLWF. So I guess the name Insurgency Wrestling Federation was really born when the two of us decided to cause a rebellion and lead the rest of the NLWF roster out of that ass backwards place called NLWF

DJ Ray nods his head again while I lean back and take a sip of water. The lie had sounded perfect…almost poetic. In a way though, it wasn’t a complete lie. Chuck and I had definitely stirred the pot up big time when we had proposed forming our own fed to all the guys and gals in the locker room…and Nick and NLWF management had definitely labeled Chuck and I traitors to the world…so in a way, the answer I gave actually was the truth

DJ Ray
Respect man…alright we gotta take a commercial break. Hang out for a second ladies and gentlemen; we got more with Mr. Corey Casey coming right up!

DJ Ray leans forward and presses a button. The “commercial” light blinks on and Ray and I both take off our headsets

DJ Ray
Yo man that was downright poetic

I laugh again and shrug my shoulders. Even I had to admit the answer I gave sounded good

Corey Casey
Thanks man

DJ Ray turns and walks towards the door leading out of the sound stage. As he pushes the door open, Jess suddenly enters the room

Jessica Matthews
Hey DJ Ray

DJ Ray smiles and takes Jess’ hand. Ray kisses her hand lightly and gives her a big smile

DJ Ray
Well if it isn’t the lovely soon to be Mrs. Casey, you’re looking radiant as always

Jess smiles and rubs her stomach

Jessica Matthews
If by “radiant” you mean “pregnant as hell” then yes I am looking radiant

Ray laughs as he opens the door for Jess who walks into the room. Ray disappears as Jess walks over to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders

Jessica Matthews
Way to dodge Ray’s question about Bloody Sunday

I smirk. I could lie to the entire world, talk my way out of almost any situation that I couldn’t fight my way out of…but I could never mislead or lie to Jess. Somehow…she always knew, or at least suspected

Corey Casey
Ha…I figured you would appreciate that. I just didn’t want to talk about the incompetent referee and shit like that. We’re still a new fed and, as such, we’re still trying to work all the kinks out of our system and trying to find the good refs and such.

Jess leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead lovingly

Jessica Matthews
Oh stop…IWF is going to do just fine

DJ Ray re-enters the room, a water bottle in his head. He looks up at the digital clock hanging on the wall that had a set of numbers that was counting down to when the show would return from commercial

DJ Ray
One minute Jess

Jess looks up at the clock and then kisses me lightly one more time

Jessica Matthews
Knock ‘em dead babe

Jess turns and smirks at DJ Ray

Jessica Matthews
And you…go easy on him eh?

A look of sarcastic fear appears on DJ Ray’s face as he bows his head

DJ Ray
Yes Mrs. Casey

Jess exits the room, closing the door behind her. I watch her leave, a smile on my face. She was definitely the perfect woman for me. Strong willed, beautiful, smart…and, despite the fact that she was 7 months pregnant, she still wasn’t afraid to kick someone’s ass

DJ Ray
And we’re back ladies and gents and we’re talking with IWF Co-Founder Corey Casey. Now Corey, your lovely fiancé was just in here and I got to ask…when is the big wedding date?

I try to hide the look of surprise on my face. I definitely didn’t expect to be asked any questions about any of this…

Corey Casey
Well, Jess and I were thinking of tying the knot on our one year anniversary together. We both figured that we would want our baby to be in the wedding in some capacity so we figured October would be a good month to shoot for

DJ Ray
Well, the best of luck to you two…ya boy DJ Ray best be getting an invite!

I chuckle

Corey Casey
Oh don’t worry about it Ray, I promise you will get an invite buddy

DJ Ray
Shifting gears back to the wrestling aspect of things…you got a big match coming up this week against Keith Axel in this Battle for the Briefcase Tournament

I scoff. DJ Ray looks at me quizzically

DJ Ray
Do you not face Keith this week?

Corey Casey
No no Ray I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh or mean any disrespect. It’s just that you said that I have a “big match” this week…when that couldn’t be further from the truth

DJ Ray
What do you mean?

Corey Casey
This match isn’t going to be a “match”…it’s going to be a slaughter. I am going to unleash complete and unfiltered Hell down on Keith Axel’s head. I promise you, everyone is going to want to tune in to Battle Grounds V this week…because, if you do, I promise that you will see an ass whooping unlike anything you have ever witnessed before…

DJ Ray
Alright well…

Anger was boiling hot in the pit of my stomach and adrenaline was pumping rapidly through my veins. I wasn’t about to be cut off now…

Corey Casey
There is a special message I want to deliver though…and that special message is to you, Brandon Macdonald. I want you to pay EXTREMELY close attention to what I am going to do to Keith Axel this week. I heard all the shit that you were talking about me on Jim Rome’s show…

DJ Ray
But Corey, Brandon just said that the two of you were evenly matched and that he is nothing but respect for you

I laugh dryly

Corey Casey
Ray…I got respect for Brandon Macdonald too…but you think for a minute that guy thinks that we’re evenly matched? This is the same guy who runs around with a bunch of crumpet eating, bad teeth having elitists…there is no way that Brandon actually thinks that we’re evenly matched. The guy is a master of manipulation and lying through his teeth. Brandon. I want you to watch your back at Battle Grounds V…because I am going to send a message to you. A message that is going to resonate long and loud throughout the annals of IWF History…you have MY IWF Title Brandon…and you can bet your ass that I will be coming for it sooner rather than later…
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

XM Radio Interview
Page 1 of 1