Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign Empty
PostSubject: Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign   Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 pm

The IWF Tag Team Titles have returned and everyone is trying to get in on the action....even the IWF Divas! This week, Diana Logan teams up with WEW's longest reigning Women's Champ Rhiannon LeBlanc to take on the debuting Molly Reid and Jaci Sovereign!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Molly Reid

Molly Reid

PostSubject: Contract Signing   Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

***Note: Anything in italics is Molly's thoughts***

Scene I
Boston, Massachusetts
IWF Headquarters

Molly Reid stepped out of the limo door and stared around at the tall building in front of her. IWF headquarters. She had been invited there by someone high up in the IWF foodchain to talk to a representative and see if she was right for a job. She walked up the front steps and into the building, where she was greeted by a receptionist who told her to wait a few moments.

I hope this doesn’t take long, I hate Boston. Anywhere up north is stupid, it’s so cold! I can’t deal with these temperatures, this weather. I just want to be back home in LA with my girls, tanning on the beach, having a few drinks, just relaxing. And cheering of course. But I kinda wanted this job. I mean I’ve always loved fighting, maybe I’m just an aggressive person. But I hate being thrown in jail every time I drop a bitch that annoys me. I want to be able to do that for a living. It’s funny though, because that’s how I even got this offer. Someone from IWF contacted me, I forget his name, and he sounded boring anyways. Told me he had seen one of the videos of me head kicking another girl out cold. Told me that the IWF could use a girl like me. So they flew me out to Boston, drove me to these headquarters, and now I was supposed to meet with some big name higher-up to discuss a job. Like I said, I want this job. But I’m not going to act all desperate or anything, because I really don’t need it. If they want me so badly, they have to prove it.

The receptionist motioned Molly to follow her down a hallway. She led Molly to a door at the end of the hallway, before knocking a few times. When she heard a grunt of a response, she opened the door and ushered Molly inside. A man sat at a desk in the office, looking down at some papers. He looked up at Molly, who sat down across from him and crossed her legs, staring at the man.

Hmmmmm. He wasn’t bad looking by any means, but he wasn’t particularly hot. I don’t think I’d do him, but maybe if I teased him enough I could get him to hire me. If I even needed to that is. I didn’t like to use my body as a weapon but hey, I was blessed with drop dead gorgeous looks and an even better body. To not use it to my advantage would be a sin.
Robert Hernandez: “You must be Molly Reid”

Molly Reid: “The one and only”

Robert Hernandez: “I’m Robert Hernandez, I’m a representative for the IWF Board of Directors. They’ve temporarily placed me in charge of hiring and signings as it pertains to the IWF”

Molly Reid: “Well lucky you then”

Robert Hernandez: “Indeed. So why do you want to work for the IWF?”

Molly Reid: “I just want to beat people up and not get arrested for it. Whether that means IWF or some other company I don’t really care. But I’ve been told that IWF is the best”

Robert Hernandez: “Well the world certainly thinks so. So why do you think that you’d be a good IWF wrestler?”

Molly Reid: “Like I said, I like to beat people up. I’ve got a lot of pent-up aggression”

These were a lot of stupid questions, I was getting annoyed. I didn’t want to have to work for this, I just wanted him to give me the contract to sign and it’d be done with. Then I could head home, back to the warm weather of Los Angeles.

Robert Hernandez: “Interesting, interesting. Do you consider yourself easy to get along with, or are you more of an independent worker?”

Molly Reid: “I’m sorry I must be in the wrong place”

Robert Hernandez: “Why do you say that?”

Molly Reid: “I thought I was trying to become a wrestler, not a fry cook at the local Burger King. Seriously what the fuck is up with all these questions? Is this a contract signing or a job interview? Do I need to flash my tits to get this job or what?”

Robert Hernandez: “Ummm…well…no that won’t be necessary”

Robert quickly finished when he saw Molly reaching for her shirt and beginning to pull it up. She dropped her hands and smiled at him.

I have no problem using my body to gain a power position. And now I have this guy right where I want him. I would’ve flashed him if he hadn’t said anything, but I’m glad he did. As much as I love showing off my great boobs, this shirt is annoying to take off.

Molly Reid: “Good. So do I get the job?”

Robert Hernandez: “Well…we’ve seen a few clips of you online, and we think if you had some real training, you’d be a fantastic addition to the IWF women’s division”

Molly Reid: “Good. So where do I sign?”

Robert stammered as he reached for something in his drawer. Molly pulled out her phone and began texting her friend as Robert pulled out a contract and set it down in front of her.
Robert Hernandez: “If you just want to go over this and sign right here”

Molly Reid: “Excuse me; can’t you see I’m a little busy?”

Robert Hernandez: “I’m sorry Ms. Reid, whenever you’re ready”

Molly finished texting and shoved her phone back in her pocket. She grabbed the contract and briefly skimmed over it, before grabbing a pen from the desk and signing the contract, handing it back to Robert.
Molly Reid: “Ok, signed. So I’m in?”

Robert Hernandez: “Congratulations, you’re now officially an IWF wrestler”

Molly Reid: “Good. So we’re done here?”

Robert Hernandez: “Actually I have some paperwork you’ll need to fill out…”

Molly Reid: “Yeah, no, I’ll do that later. I want to get out of this awful city as soon as possible. And that means right now. Ok? Bye”

Molly turned around and walked right out the door of the office, leaving a stunned Robert sitting in his desk, wondering what just happened. Molly walked out of the office, into the limo and sat down, waiting to be driven back to the airport.

Finally I would get my chance to shine on the biggest stage of them all. Gone were the days of me punching out an ugly bitch at the bar because she pissed me off. No, now I was going to get paid to beat the tits off of stupid bitches. Ever since I was like twelve, I had loved to fight. Most girls were always so jealous of me. I was always attractive, I grew boobs before anyone else, guys were always hitting on me. They just hated seeing me get all this attention while they got nothing left for them. They didn’t deserve anything of course, but they felt like they did. And the best part was that they assumed I was just some spoiled little prissy bitch who talked a big game but was really a tiny scared girl on the inside. After one punch to the face, they started to think a little differently about me. That’s how it was going to go with IWF. Girls look at me and see some weak little pretty bitch. They were in for a surprise.

Scene II
Los Angeles, California
Molly Reid's Bedroom

Molly sat down in her chair and flipped up her computer. She played with her hair for a bit, before typing on her computer and opening up her video blog page. She adjusted her webcam before looking at it and speaking.
Molly Reid: “Mmmm kay so I’m doing this video blog every week to talk about my upcoming match for IWF. I’d rather not be here doing this when I could be out tanning on the beach. But I’ve been told that I need to do something to hype up my matches and this is the easiest way to do it. So here goes. I’ll start by just addressing all the other women in the IWF”

Molly pulls out her iPhone from her pocket and pulls something up. It’s a YouTube page of the video of her knocking out a girl at a bar.
Molly Reid: “See this? This is my background. This is where I come from. All the other girls in the IWF come from some wrestling background. They worked their way through different companies, all the way to the top when IWF finally decided to give them a chance. They pandered to everyone’s needs; they sucked some dicks no doubt, and they were finally given a chance, sometimes out of pity it seems, by the IWF. They’re not talented. They’re merely getting their chance. IWF has not been known for its women’s division. So they bring in a bunch of women that other companies don’t want. Maybe I should say that. Not all of the women in IWF are failures. Tiffani Michaels is really the only one who deserves to be here. And that’s why she’s the Queen of Wrestling champion. She’s the only girl here I respect. She’s the only girl here who’s actually earned the hype that surrounds her. She’s the only girl that I can say any nice things about. But I’ll get to that later. Back to the other women in the IWF. You all came from other companies, some that closed down, some that fired you. You all crawled over to IWF and begged them to hire you. You should thank your lucky stars, because most places wouldn’t. But you all fall under the same category. IWF didn’t go head over heels to sign you. If you hadn’t been interested in them, they wouldn’t have given you a second glance. But then there’s me. One video of me head kicking a girl unconscious at a club, and the entire world takes notice. Two days after that video went viral, I got a call from someone with the IWF. They wanted to fly me to Boston to sign a contract with them. Think about that for a second, let it sink in. The biggest wrestling company in North America right now calls this girl because there’s a video on the internet of her knocking a bitch out. They offer to fly her across the country to sign a contract with them and begin a wrestling career. I have no wrestling background. Until this past week, I’ve never trained with any wrestling coach. I’ve never been in any kind of sanctioned fight before. They have absolutely no idea who I am or what I can do, other than this minute long video. Yet they desperately want me to work for them. They go far out of their way to get me to sign with them. Why would they do that? Why would they go out of their way to sign a cheerleader from Los Angeles, rather than a girl who’s been wrestling for ten years all over the country? I have a simple answer for that, and I think it’s pretty obvious too.”

Molly points to the view count underneath the video on her phone.
Molly Reid: “Take a look at that view count. Over ten million and counting. Talk about viral video. That girl must be so embarrassed. She’ll be forever known as the girl whose face I fucked up with my high heel shoes. I’m getting sidetracked. The point is, people know who I am now. My face, that video, it’s everywhere. There’s nothing that people enjoy more than a girl as hot as me who can also fuck you up. Why wouldn’t IWF want to capitalize on that? People are going to tune in to see me. I’m the hottest girl that you’ll see in the IWF. I’m the hottest girl you’ll ever see, period. Most people aren’t used to seeing a girl as drop-dead gorgeous as I am. That’s why I get all the stares whenever I enter a room. That’s why people want to see me on national TV. That’s why the IWF wanted me. I’m bringing millions of viewers to every IWF broadcast that I’m part of. People will pay to see a beautiful girl like me fight other girls. They’ll watch me every week, and then they’ll go to sleep thinking about me. A few of them will accidentally call their girlfriends Molly. It happens everywhere I go. It’s just the effect that I have on men. Ask every guy in the IWF if they’d be with me if I gave them the chance, and I guarantee you that all of them would say yes. How can you turn down something like this?”

Molly moved her hand up and down beside her body, showing it all off for the camera.
Molly Reid: “So now that we all know about why I’m the best female wrestler to ever be signed to the IWF, we have to talk about the rest of the division, if you could even call it that. There are so many women in this company that have no business being anywhere near it. Take, for example, both Ruby Winters and Blyss Lockhart. Just two terrible, ugly wrestlers, yet somehow they were fighting for a title last week. I’m not even going to touch on the fact that Ruby Winter was only there because she sucked Corey Casey’s dick a few times. Just look at the match, that’s all you need to know about how bad these two are. The two of them teamed up and STILL couldn’t beat Tiffani. There is absolutely no excuse for losing a fight when it’s two on one. You’d have to be wheelchair bound with the IQ of Caitlin Upton to lose a fight when there is two of you and one of her. It just saddens me to see that this is the best IWF can do when it comes to giving title shots. Are they just handing them to any bitch that walks into the arena? Next thing I know, Sweet Brown is in fact gonna have time for that Queen of Wrestling title shot. It embarrasses me that there was nobody better to challenge the one truly great female wrestler in the IWF.I can’t wait to get a chance to fight either of those two women. Blyss Lockhart is a whiny little bitch that gets every shot the IWF can possibly give her, blows every single one of them, and then cries about it. I would like nothing more to beat her so badly that she can’t physically cry anymore. I’m not even going to talk about Ruby Winters. This girl got beat by Blyss in literally five seconds, and then managed to kick her only chance of winning upside the head. Talk about good strategy. Dumber than a fucking doorknob. Oh, bitch by the way, you’re not fooling anyone. Those tits aren’t real. Just give it up and admit it already.”

Molly Reid: “I also wanted to briefly touch on Tiffani Michaels. She’s the only woman in the IWF worth anything. She’s got all the confidence in the world, but she’s also got the skill to back it up. Maybe I like her so much because we’re so similar. She’s a Cali girl, she’s a cheerleader, she’s hot, she’s everything that I am. So I’m not the least bit surprised that she’s the Queen of Wrestling champion. She’s completely earned that distinction, and she’ll keep it for as long as she wants. At least until I’m across the ring from her. But that’s for another time. Right now I’m just talking. Just letting Tiffani know that if she ever wants to discuss some things, to come find me. A girl of her talent and looks doesn’t deserve to be attacked two on one like she was last week”

Molly Reid: “So I’ve got my first match this week. And of course because the IWF is scared of letting anyone fight me one on one, they’ve put me in a tag match. With a partner that I’m no doubt going to have to carry to victory. I’m sure Jaci was good in whatever fed she used to be in, hall of fame and all of that, but this is different. As far as anyone is concerned, anything that isn’t IWF is just the minor leagues. How can any company be considered the best if I wasn’t in it? Just by being here I make IWF the best company to be in, even if it already was before. So what if you won a thousand championships in other places. Who cares if you beat so-and-so in someone’s garage in front of tens of people? None of that matters here. But when it comes to the three people in this match, I’m actually glad that Jaci is on my side. Because while she isn’t as good as me, she’s a hell of a lot better than the other two girls that we’re fighting.”

Molly Reid: “God I can’t even look at this picture of Rhiannon. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more unattractive face in my entire life. Like seriously, how the hell are you allowed to be shown on TV? It hurts my eyes to look at you. I don’t even know how I’m going to be able to fight you this week if I’m not going to be able to even look at you. Come to think of it, that’s probably how you win every match you’ve won. No, that can’t be it. Even if I blindfolded myself to avoid looking at that hideous face, I could still beat you. I’m stuck. I can’t figure out how you’ve ever won a match. I guess it’s because you were in WEW before this, and it’s pretty commonly known that they are a terribly minor league promotion. Being champion in that fed is like being champion of division-three football. Technically you’re a champion, but does anyone really care? You’re stepping in the ring with me, and I plan to kick you in the face so hard that you’ll actually becoming good looking, because trust me; it can’t get much worse than it is right now. You should just head back to France, you actually fit in there. You and your ugly face can just blend right in with the crowd. I feel like I’m staying on this topic for too long but I seriously can’t get over how unattractive you are. Like it’s really bad. Nobody this ugly should be near me. Nobody this ugly should even be alive. I almost feel bad for her. Almost.”

Molly Reid: “But if Rhiannon is the definition of ugly, then Diana has to be the definition of a fucking whale. This girl is like three inches taller than me, but she outweighs me by about fifty pounds! Seriously, what the fuck, did you really let yourself go that badly? I guess you are from Wyoming, there’s probably nothing better to do besides eat all the time. I’m not even that small of a girl, I mean I’m obviously skinny, but I’m nowhere near underweight. But this girl, a hundred and seventy pounds? How is she going to keep up with any of us in this match? There are no stoppages for twinkie breaks. I suppose you could sneak in a burger or seven under those rolls of fat you have, but that won’t help you win this match. I can’t imagine a girl of your weight has any cardio whatsoever. Maybe you’ve won a match here and there by just falling down on top of your opponent. That’s the only way I can see it happening. I remember when a girl like you tried out for our cheer team, it was pretty funny. Nobody could lift her, she couldn’t lift anyone, and it was just so pathetic. But you actually have the nerve walk around in wrestling gear like nothing is wrong. Like you can pull off spandex and a bra. Ignorant bitches like you make me so angry, put some clothes on please. And you ever notice that the only girls who wear tiaras around are the girls who’ve never been given a tiara in their life. Girls who get tiaras know that they’re beautiful; they don’t need to wear it around to prove it. You’re not some sort of princess, you’re a wrestler. Wear a headband or something. Anyways, as for your wrestling skill, I’ve never heard of you, I’ve never seen you in any other fed besides IWF. And the few clips I’ve seen of you, you really just look like some huge bitch that can’t get around the ring with any kind of speed or agility, and just ends up using her sheer weight to win anything. Good luck with that this week. I’m faster than Ruby and Blyss combined, and twice as strong. Make fun of me all you want for being a cheerleader, but the fact of the matter is, cheerleaders are just way stronger than anyone else. When I think of great Queen of Wrestling champions, I think of Tiffani Michaels, and the very first, Anna Stone. Both were cheerleaders. What does that tell you about us? We’re the real deal, and we run the wrestling world. Telling me you beat Ruby is like telling me that the 49ers beat the Lions. It’s just such an obvious statement that it really doesn’t even need to be said. I could beat Ruby with my right index finger. You lost to Blyss Lockhart. Enough said right there.

Molly Reid: “I’m going into this match with the expectation of winning. I’m going to create another viral video sensation with the annihilation of these two bitches. Neither of you can hold a candle to my looks, my skills, or my personality. You won’t even come lose in this match. Some call me arrogant. I wouldn’t say that. I’d say that I’m the best, and I know it. It’s not arrogance if it’s the truth. There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who knows exactly how great they are. And the two of you are about to find out exactly how great I really am. Jaci, honey, please just keep up okay? I’m not going to wait for you, and if you can’t stay with me then I’m just going to leave you behind. If I have to win this match all by myself, then I will. Because I’m that damn good. I’m going to have the most successful debut in IWF history. If there’s even a single person who still doubts me; next week they’ll be wondering why they doubted me. They’ll be asking ‘when will Molly get her title shot’ and ‘how long until Molly is the face of the IWF’. I’ll be the only thing on their minds, and that’s just the way I like it Wink
Back to top Go down
Lazy Zane

Lazy Zane

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign   Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Scene One: A New Beginning
Scene Is: Off Camera
Co- Starring: Matt Evans (cousin) & Corey Casey

Jaci sat quietly as she stared at the IWF contract that laid on the desk before her. There was no question that it was something that she wanted, it was just more of the question, was this the place she wanted to make her come back. Looking up at Casey, he seemed happy to have her in his office, but then again don’t they all. Ray La Pointe, Mike Nelson, Justin Taker and Scorpion, they all had that smile on their face. The kind that made you believe that you were something special, the one that made you think that they actually needed you, but she knew better. All he saw in front of him were dollar signs, especially since Remington was already under his thumb so to speak.

When Casey excused himself from the room, Jaci’s cousin leaned forward and grabbed the contract from the desk and began to look through it as Jaci eye balled her soon to be employer. She didn’t trust him as far as she could throw him, but the offer he made her was almost unbelievable. Which made her think that he is either desperate or he already has plans for her.

As she began to think more about what his true intentions are, she barely heard Matt.

Matt: are you sure you want to go through with this?

Turning to face him she simply shrugged her shoulders. She only invited Matt so she would have some sort of support with her and it didn’t hurt that he knew his way around contracts. He would do them up for Marcus Hue for his small promotion. It was more like a training facility but it was something.

Jaci: at this point? I’m not really sure about anything.

Sighing, Matt put down the contract and turned his chair so he could fully face Jaci. She was avoiding what his question was directed towards and that was to her health. He could understand why she would avoid it, but avoiding it wouldn’t make it disappear.

Matt: You’re still suffering from post-concussion syndrome. A condition your doctor thought was serious enough to take you out of the ring. One more blow Jaci and you could.... you could die. It’s one of the reason’s why you retired. Not to mention the treatments you have been receiving for your... for your...

He couldn’t say it, even if it was so simple. So instead he pointed his right index finger to his chest and moved it back and forth causing Jaci to roll her eyes and lean back in her seat as she placed her right elbow on the armrest of her chair and pressed her index finger to her temple as though she was already getting a headache.

Jaci: Breast cancer, it’s called breast cancer.

Her tone seemed slightly annoyed as she stared at Matt sternly. Today wasn’t one of her good days. She already had an anxiety attack before coming into IWF headquarters which pretty much drained her and it probably didn’t help that she had little to no sleep the night before. So with that and Casey avoiding certain topics of conversation especially her medical record. You could assume that she was on edge. But she was doing her best to not show signs of fatigue and to stay as professional as she could.

Matt: Sorry, its weird to talk to my cousin about her... well you know... rack.

Jaci: Well my cancer has been in remission for months now and there is no trace of it coming back anytime soon and as for my head trauma goes? If I happen to go in a coma or the worst case scenario die, then at least I am doing what I love than being cooped up at home popping pills while I figure out what is going to be the highlight of my day.

Matt: That doesn’t make me feel any better about this situation. I mean sure I understand the whole die fighting thing, going out with a bang but look at the situation he is trying to put you in. You’re under enough stress as it is and to add personal issues in the mix? It’s obvious that this guy doesn’t care about your well being.

Letting out a breathe, Jaci leaned forward in her seat. It wasn’t Casey’s job to babysit her. From a business perspective all he cared about was keeping his business afloat and putting asses in the seats. He would promoter her in a fashion that would let people know that any of her matches could be her last and what fan wouldn’t want to brag about seeing the great Sovereign in her last match?

Jaci: Remi, isn’t going to be a problem. There are no hurt feelings between us because It was obvious that he didn’t care about me or our relationship. Just like everything else in his life he thought of me as something to be conquered. Once he did that he moved back to obsessing over his career and Jason.

Narrowing his eyebrows a bit, Matt was a tiny bit confused. He has had the privilege of meeting Alex and he seemed to be a stand up guy. Sure he seemed like one of those business snobs with a permanent stick up their ass when you first look at him but he was a decent guy to say the least and he assumed he was a straight shooter but...

Matt: are you saying that he turned...gay?

Shaking her head, her eyes went upward before closing as she wondered where he gets these ideas.

Jaci: How do you even come up with.... you know what never mind. The important thing is I have everything under control. My head, my breasts, and my personal relationships are in check. I don’t think Mr. Casey would have given me an offer if he thought I was going to be a liability.

Matt: We both know why he gave you an offer, your name sells. And he is probably banking on you and Alex to get under each other’s skins. Chick fans eat that shit up. Old loves coming together and feuding, then somehow between all the arguing and low blows... they rekindle their love. It will be so Twilightly.

Jaci’s cheeks lightly puffed up causing her left hand to go to her mouth and then to her chest.

Jaci: I... just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

The nausea could be from her concussion or it could be the fact that he just compared what could be her life to Twilight. A movie that dedicated ten minutes to a girl sitting in a chair staring out a window while the seasons changed.

Jaci: You think we could just talk about the contract?

Matt: Oh yeah that...

Grabbing the contract off the desk, Matt again flips through it. Seemed like any other wrestling contract, just with some extra benefits. If the contract told him anything it was that Mr. Casey wasn’t stupid and he was being pretty smart about the benefits. Probably more to cover his ass if something were to ever happen to Jaci but it also made it seemed like he cared.

Matt: Seems like your basic contract to me. No fine print, no sexual favor requests. I mean you remember that contract from Mr. Vegas? Now that was some... contract. They weren’t going to pay you enough to sign that thing. But in my professional opinion, If it was under normal circumstances I would say go for it but due to your health, I would say move on. Find a place that is interested in you and your condition instead of just your marketing capability.

Jaci watched as Matt tossed the contract back on the desk and she continued to do so as it slid in front of her. There was so much on the line and it wasn’t as simple as a career move or moving from one company to the next it was more than that. Her very life was at stake and only a handful of people knew that. Some at which have already made their way into IWF. She had to admit that it worried her.

She didn’t know if they would feel pity on her and try to take it easy on her or if they would go the protective route and try to stop her before her IWF career even started. Deep down she hoped they wouldn’t go down either route but instead respect her for her decision and just leave the matter be. It was her life after all and if she wanted to put it in danger than, that was her choice.

Looking over at Matt, she wasn’t looking for his approval but she could see how much this was hurting him. To him she has done all she could in wrestling and trying to do it all over again was crazy, but he didn’t understand how she was feeling. Wrestling was in her blood and if she wasn’t doing it then she was nothing. It was her life, it was her everything. She was already a mother at the age of twelve, taking care of her brothers and cousins. She already lived her teen years at the age of 20 when she got drunk and married one of her friends, hell she already went through all the different heart breaks one could imagine.

Besides, what better way to live out the rest of your days than doing something you love?

Hesitantly, Jaci reached out to grab the pen Casey had left beside the contract before he left and in the process she looked away from Matt. With her free hand she began to flip through the contract pages until she got to the one she had to sign. When she went to press the point of the pen on the paper, her cousin grabbed her arm as though he was pleading for her to not do what she was about to do. Removing her arm out of his grasp she began to write her name in cursive on the dotted line.

Scene Two: Old Memories
Co- Starring: Ex Husband Shane Michaels

The ink barely dried on her IWF contract and Jaci was already going back down memory lane as she drove twenty one hours and nine minutes from Massachusetts to Missouri to visit the place that gave her, her big break, UECW. When she first stood in front UECW Headquarters it seemed so big and intimidating but she knew she had to go in with her head held high and be confident. She must have looked ridiculous and she bet everyone who saw her thought she was a self absorbed immature little girl. They were right however. She acted as though she already owned the place, like she was already a big star and when people didn’t notice her or give her attention she made sure they regretted it.

Now she realized she needed an attitude adjustment back then but it was hard to get one when she won every single match she was put in and every single guy on the roster was already wrapped around her finger without her even doing anything. Even now she wondered if she was that good or no one wanted to put her in her place out of fear of the consequences.

Laughing to herself and how foolish she was, she began to think about her accomplishments. The one that stood out the most was when she changed the future of women wrestling in UECW. She opened the doors so women could compete in male driven matches and also compete against the male competitors themselves. She was proud that she was able to do that for so many but it surprised her later in life how ungrateful people could be.

Jaci never got a thank you but instead she got her accomplishments thrown in her face as though she didn’t deserve them or they acted as though she didn’t work for them but were handed them on a silver platter. It was amazing how future generations could be so disrespectful but she couldn't really complain because she was the exact same way when starting out.

It will be weird now however, to enter a promotion with a level head and a deeper understanding of the business. Hopefully the women in her tag match will have the same mentality. If not, she won’t shy away from giving them a reality check.

As Jaci stood there in thought, she couldn’t help but notice from her peripheral vision the doors of the building opening . A man came walking out of the building wearing a suit and carrying a medium sized brown box; It was pretty obvious he was there to clean out his office.

Sighing, Jaci couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. In her situation, she would always miss the place but she has been away from it for awhile now so the grieving process was a lot easier for her but that man before her has probably been working for UECW for years and he probably just got the rug pulled out right from underneath him.

Shaking her head, Jaci began to walk back to her own vehicle, figuring she couldn’t just stand there going down memory lane forever. She had to move on no matter how hard it was.

???: Jaci?

Hearing her name faintly, she stopped in her tracks trying to figure out if it was actually someone’s voice she heard or if it was all in her head. So she did what any normal person would do in this situation and continued walking hoping she wasn’t going crazy.

Hearing a car door close it was followed by the same voice calling out to her.

???: Jaci! is that you?

Finally she turned around and to see her ex husband Shane Michaels staring back at her. He was the son of Mike Nelson the owner of UECW and probably one of the most decorated wrestlers of UECW even though some would disagree.

Jaci’s mouth gaped open slightly as she was a bit surprised to see him. Then again she really shouldn’t be. He loved this place more then anything. In fact after he retired from the ring he became Vice President.

Jaci: Well isn’t this a surprise. I didn’t expect to see anyone else here especially you.

It was obvious she didn’t know how to really react in this situation. Should she be happy? mad? maybe even feel awkward?

Shane: Yeah I could say the same to you. I was just cleaning out the rest of my things.

They both stood there looking at each other not really sure what to say. It’s been awhile since they have seen each other and the last time they were in the same room they were fighting like cat and dogs over a match call of all things.

Shane: So what are you up to now a days? I heard that you won your battle with cancer. I wasn’t really surprised since you seem to be able to crush any obstacle in your way. So I guess congrats are in order?

Leave it to Shane to break the silence. He was always the nice guy even when he was trying to be the bad guy. It was kind of nice to know he wanted to carry on a conversation with her instead of leaving it as “well it was nice seeing you.”

She almost couldn’t help but laugh slightly.

Jaci: Thanks, I guess? Its been in remission for awhile now so hopefully it stays that way.

Shane: Yeah I hope so too. I mean i’m sure going through treatments again wouldn’t be much fun. So what are you doing nowadays?

Jaci opened her mouth to say something but then quickly closed it.

“Should I tell him about IWF?” She asked herself as she paused.

The only reason why she didn’t want to tell him was because she didn’t want him to give her that look like everyone else has been giving her. But after everything she put him through, the least she could do was be honest with him.

Jaci: I have been asked to sign with a promotion called Insurgency Wrestling Federation. Maybe you’ve heard of them.

Shane: Eh.... yeah I’ve heard of them. That’s where most of the UECW roster ended up either before or right after it closed. So yeah I know who they are.

There was a bit on anger in his tone and she understood why. The guy pretty muched lived for the company. All his blood, sweat, and tears, they were pretty much the building blocks of UECW.

Shane: Sorry, I have nothing against them it’s just I wish some of the wrestlers would have had...more respect than to just abandon UECW just because it was going through some rough patches.

Jaci: Rough patches? is that what you call them?

Shaking his head he smiled slightly. He knew it was a little bit more than a few rough patches but if you care about a place you stay and help rebuild it instead of just abandoning it.

Shane: You know what I mean. So what are they going to have you do? be a road agent?

Slowly Jaci shook her head no. It wasn’t that far fetched that they could have hired as a road agent seeing how she was one for UECW for awhile and she was quite good at it.

Shane: Ah, so they gave you a managerial spot? like a general manager or something.

Again she shook her head no and then there it was, the look. The look of what are you thinking? why would you do that to yourself.

Shane: Jaci...

His saddened tone struck a nerve with her as he reached out to touch her shoulder.

Closing her eyes, Jaci raised her hand blocking him from doing so. She really didn’t need any sympathy or some one warning her about what could happen because she already knew.

Jaci: Don’t, I know what’s at stake if I do this. I’m not some little girl people need to watch over and I’m really getting sick of people giving me that sad puppy dog look. It’s the same look people give each other when someone tells them that their dog died or someone close to them passed away.

Shane: I’m sorry I didn’t mean.... but is it wrong for me to worry about you?

Wiping her eyes with her hands, to stop the tears that were forming she shook her head.

Jaci: No, but I rather you just go about the conversation as though I was normal. Instead of looking at me as though you would rather see me dead instead of doing what I love doing. I mean is that so hard to ask?

Shane: I can try and manage that.

Clearing his throat he began to think about how to proceed without thinking about the consequences she could be facing. Which made him wonder if she even thought things out thoroughly.

Shane: Thats awesome, coming out of retirement? sounds exciting. Have they booked you in any matches yet?

Tilting her head she appreciated him for trying even though she knew it was killing him to not be able to protest against her decision.

Jaci: Yeah they have me scheduled in a tag match with Molly Reid as my partner. I am not that thrilled about it I mean I would have rather competed in a singles match so it was... sort of all about me? I rather have them see what I can do and I don’t think they will get to see that If I am teamed with someone... if that makes any sense.

Shane: No I get it but you have to think that they are probably looking for someone who is good in all fields and not just... the one man band. This could be a chance for you to show them that you’re a team player and you’re willing to share the spotlight. Besides its not a bad idea for it to be your first match because... of you being rusty. Think of it as them easing you in.

He wanted to say ‘because of your condition’ but he knew that wouldn’t have went smoothly.

Jaci: Easing me in? somewhere in there there’s a sex joke... but you think they are taking it “easy” on me because I have a little "ring rust"? Is that why they put Flex Johnson in a New Blood Initiative match? because they were easing him in?

Shane: I don’t know what a New Blood Initiative match is Jaci.

Jaci: It's the equivalent of a battle royal.

Shane: That is totally an easy match for newcomers. Its like the same as yours but there isn’t any teams involved. Sure it may seem like Flex beat....

He looked at Jaci wondering how many people Flex was actually facing since battle royals could have multiple competitors.

Jaci: Three...

Shane: three people but in reality he like beat one? maybe two? I mean no one ever beats everyone in that match. In a tag match how ever, you have better odds. I mean either you won the match for your team or you helped your team to victory. In Flex’s case, there is always going to be that one guy that helped him win.

If that didn’t boost Jaci’s confidence a bit he didn’t know what else he could say cause that was complete Jaci logic right there.

Jaci: You may have a point but all my experience in being part of a tag team involved me carrying my partner and my other partner stripping me of my title because he was in a jealous rage.

Shane: Well lucky for you, your partner is a girl so I doubt she will try to get into your pants. Unless she's, well you know. But seriously? you didn't carry me, it was a team effort and I pulled my own weight.

Jaci: Like in rampages tag team tourney? where you got eliminated in the first few minutes?

Jaci was just messing with him knowing how it got under his skin when people didn’t think he did all he could or didn’t equally put in as much work in as his partner.

Shane: Are we really going to have this argument again? I mean are you going to bring up how you had your shoulder up when we went for the number one contenders spot for the tapout title now to?

Just seeing him get all worked up caused Jaci to start laughing.

Jaci: I did have my shoulder up but I will say that I shouldn’t have made a big deal about it the way that I did and for that I am sorry.

Shane took a step back as he seemed amused about what just took place.

Shane: I’m sorry, did I just hear you apologize?

Jaci: What can I say? I matured

After sharing a laugh with one another Jaci cleared her throat but before she could speak she began to feel a familiar warm sensation coming for her nose. Carefully she brought her hand back into view revealing a small tear droop pool of blood on her finger.

Shane: You okay?

Smiling at his concern, Jaci just waved it off as she pulled out a white hanky from her back pocket.

Jaci: Yeah I’m fine, just the weather you know? So what are you doing now?

Shane: Enjoying being semi retired as I co-own a wrestling training school with a buddy of mine down in nashville. Hey why don’t we continue this conversation over some drinks. I’ll buy.

Jaci knew that reminiscing over the past couldn’t last forever no matter how enjoyable or enticing it was. She was entering a new chapter in her life and closing the chapter that was now before her. Standing there staring at her face to face with a kind smile.

Shane: It won’t be a date or anything cause I know you’re with Remington.

Jaci: I’m... not with him any more. But I do have a flight to catch to Pennsylvania.

Shane: Oh well, maybe some other time then.

Shane scratched the back of his head as he wasn’t really sure what to do. He would like to encourage her to go out with him but he didn’t want to push it and she could tell that.

Shane: It was nice seeing you again.

She gave him a smile and already she started to feel guilty. They have been through alot with one another and to be honest she didn’t want to end things like this. In a parking lot of all places besides after the hell she put him through the least she could do was join him for a drink.

Jaci: So you said you were buying right?

Just seeing the smile on his face was reward enough and she knew that this would be a perfect ending to this chapter of her life instead of some half ass regretful goodbye in a parking lot. Plus she had enough regret in her life and there was no need to add more to it.

Scene Three: First Of Many

Arriving at the Lambert–St. Louis International Airport, Jaci did her best to keep a low profile by wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. It hasn’t been released that she would be competing in IWF and she would like to keep it that way until she makes her entrance at Battle Ground. That way she can avoid all the questions about her condition and the questioning of her ability to still go out there and wrestle. She swears that sometimes it feels like people think she is eighty and was just vacationing in a retirement home for all this time.

Putting her pink luggage on the cavare belt she shook her head and began to pinch the bridge of her nose, raising her sunglass just slightly. Lately the symptoms that remain after a concussion have been pretty regular.

“ Maybe this was a bad idea.”

She begins to think to herself as she removes her hand from her nose allowing her sunglasses to go back into place as she heads over to her gate.

“Me returning to the ring after all this time... people are going to think I’m a joke, crazy. I am literally going to be putting my life on the line in every match I compete in.”

Looking back behind her, she knew she had time to go back to the retirement life. Where she could just sit by and relax. Then she remembered what she said to shane about that very thing. "at least I am doing what I love than being cooped up at home popping pills while I figure out what is going to be the highlight of my day.”

In that moment she realized something.

“Wrestling is a sport where you are putting your life and body on the line every day. So there shouldn’t be a reason why people should treat me any different.”

And the more she thought about it, the more she knew she was right. There shouldn’t be a reason why people should be treating her different. Which made her even more angry at the people that have been looking at her with those sad puppy dog eyes and wearing that ‘sorry’ expression on their face. It wasn’t like she was dieing from a disease that wasn’t curable. But people made it seem that way, like she couldn’t be normal.

“I guess all I will need to do is show them. Show them all that I can still do what I do best, dominate inside the squared circle.I have been doing this for almost seven years now, and there is no way I should let people tell me what I should and shouldn’t be doing. My doctor gave me the clearance so they really should have a say in anything.”

Shrugging her shoulders she lifted up her cap so she could run a hand through her hair.

Sure the repercussions could be bad IF something happens but nothing could happen.”

Laughing slightly, she began to walk with her head held a little higher and began to get excited about her first match in IWF. Just the thought about the fans cheering her name again. Letting out a breath as she reminisced about that feeling you get once you step out from behind the curtain she then was reminded about what kind of match she would debuting in.

“Even though I disapprove of tag matches...”

She thought as she rolled her eyes.

“That shouldn’t stop me from going full throttle and showing why I was the best in UECW. I rather have Molly in awe of me then standing in the corner ashamed and embarrassed that I was even her partner in the first place. I just hope that I don’t have to carry her because I have been in too many tag matches where I had to literally carry my partner. Sphinx, Shane Michaels, Bryan Sweet... it was ridiculous. If I have to carry Molly to our victory then it’s going to start getting sad. Like really sad. This is one of the main reason’s I decided be on my own because you just can’t rely on any one any more...”

That was true, in the ring and outside of it. Jaci learned the hard way she couldn’t rely on any one to have her back completely. Everyone was due to either screw her over or just completely ignore her all together.

Rubbing her forehead, the cap on her head was already doing it’s work. Rubbing on her sweaty skin causing it to itch. She was tempted to take it off but she really didn’t want to get bombarded by fans wanting autographs and wondering where she is headed. Cause there was this one time fans decided to trade in their tickets so they could be on the same plane she was. Which is kind of sweet if you look past the stalker, creeper aspects of it.

“Should be interesting tagging with a woman though. Cause it will be a first. Usually I never get along with any other woman in the business. I don’t know if it’s due to jealousy, or because they have low self esteem or what. I Just never get along with them. Who are me and Molly facing any way? Diana Logan and...”

Looking up she begins to think on the other woman’s name. For some reason she knew she had to think of a singer.

“Why does Chris Brown keep popping up.... OH!”

Snapping her fingers she smiles.

“Rhiannon LeBlanc. That should be a fun name to remember. So Molly and I will be facing a woman who never held the IWF queen of wrestling championship and her partner is the WEW Women’s champion. Yeah this match is so going to one sided, nor isn’t going to have “carriers”.

Jaci rubbed her eyes under her glasses as she laughed wondering how she ends up in these situation.

“I wonder if I should even be intimidated by Rhiannon. I mean I don’t know what the competition is like in WEW. If the women’s division sucks then the champion must not be far behind unless Rhiannon is like extremely good and she makes the other women wrestlers look bad. I’ve been there I know what that is like.”

As she continues to think about her match. Butterflies were already making their way into her stomach. She has never been so nervous not even for her first match. Maybe it was because she knew what she was getting into and now she was going in blind. It wasn’t like she sat down and researched everything about IWF, and most of the things she heard about her opponents were through other conversations that she just happened to overhear.

Woman: Jaci?

As soon as the woman’s voice hit Jaci’s ear, her eyes widened as she tried to ignore it as she just set her carry on through the scanner. But soon the woman was standing right beside her leaning forward to try and get a good look at her face.

Woman: JACI SOVEREIGN! I thought that was you.

Jaci politely smiled as everyone started to stare at her now and it didn’t take long for people to start searching for something for her to sign as they pulled out pens from their purses and bags. Some even went as far as stealing or asking people if they could use theirs. This is what she was trying to avoid..

As people began to walk towards her, so did the questions. So all she did was smile and pretend like she couldn’t hear them over the other commotion that was going on. There was one question that stuck out in her head though, as the man yelled it from behind the crowd.

Man: ARE YOU ON YOUR WAY TO SEE REMINGTON!?

Obviously this fan didn’t keep up with Remington on twitter, or maybe he was smart and wasn’t a Remington fan at all. But it was nice to have another fan correct his mistake without her having to do it. Guess when she has her first interview, she is going to have to clear somethings up. but until then she is just going to have to try and enjoy this moment . Jaci is going to have to get used to it again after all.

Scene Four: Not What I Imagined
Scene Is: On Camera

The scene opens to a large wooden door and as the camera man reaches his hand out he begins to knock on it. But after there is no answer, he reaches out again and pushes the door open. The picture begins to static as the color is drained from the film leaving nothing more than a black and white picture .

As he moves through the small room set up as some kind of studio a woman’s voice could be heard from the other side of the room.

???: Return, to go or come back, as to an earlier condition or place...

The camera man turns his camera to reveal Jaci Sovereign sitting in a steel chair, her back facing the camera. She begins to twirl her hair with her fingers as she peeks over her shoulder to look towards the camera man.
Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign Promo_zps2c55585bJaci: It’s been awhile since I’ve walked down to a ring and I wonder if I will still know my way. My way to the place that is outlined with screaming fans chanting my name, the way that will lead me to my next victim, standing in the ring so nervously , pacing, back and forth. Truth be told, it is something I will never forget. The adrenaline that goes through your veins as soon as you step out from behind the curtain as you hear the crowds reaction. It is a drug, a drug you get addicted to because there isn’t another feeling like it. You crave it even after you make your entrance, and you know the only way you will get to feel that sensation again, in the same night ,is if you win.

Her gaze falls down, a smile appearing on her face as she lets out a soft chuckle.

Jaci: This drug, it has been missing from my life, its been missing for
almost a year now, and I can’t resist it any more. I have given into it and now I will be able to satisfy my craving at battlegrounds when I team up with Molly reid to face Diana and Rhiannon.

Sighing, Jaci turns her head away from the camera.

Jaci: I should be happy? ecstatic? *shrug* maybe, but there’s a problem. I’m not a fan of tag team matches. I don’t oppose them completely, it’s just that I would have liked my first match in IWF to be a one on one, mono y mono because in that type of environment I think I could really showcase what I am capable of instead of assisting a new comer in showing off.

Her voice becomes stern as she expresses her disapproval. She spent her whole career making a name for herself and she really doesn’t want to take the time to help another do the same..

Jaci: I know I‘ve been very successful in the “team” portion of my career. I’ve only competed in seven tag team matches but I won every single one of them. One was even against five other teams to win the tag team gold which I have held twice. So I guess thats pretty good being undefeated in the tag team division. Huh, I guess that ‘s a tradition I can try and keep alive.

Rolling her eyes she couldn't help but smile seeing the silver lining of the situation. She could grumble all she wanted but the fact still remained that in tag team matches, she was not only undefeated but she was truly unstoppable.

Jaci: Even though I have been successful... my main issue about tag matches is that I don’t like putting my match in another person’s hands let alone a woman’s. Cause lets face it, women like the limelight. They are probably more egotistical than the men. Thats probably why I never gotten along with any that I worked with and probably why I never teamed with one either. So me teaming with Molly should be interesting to say the least, especially since she is a rookie.

A rookie, a woman, and a tag match? Jaci couldn’t help but see the amusement in that. It was like Mr. Casey looked back through all her records and made sure to surround her with things she disapproved of or didn’t get along with. This was surely a test to see how serious she was or maybe Casey just had a sick sense of humor.

Jaci: A thing that I am sure Diana and Rhiannon will exploit very heavily. Keep the more experienced in the corner and pick on the inexperienced. Its like tag team 101. But I am more then prepared for such act of cowardice cause on like moseo team mates no referee is going to stop me from coming through those ropes and making the match fair. If Diana and Rhiannon want to play dirty well I am more then willing to play the same game but better.

Smirking, Jaci put her index finger in her mouth flirtatiously before flicking her nail on her bottom teeth as she removed it from her mouth.

Jaci: I may have the rookie in my corner but I’m not going to allow that that to effect my performance or cause me to lose my focus to what's important and that is to win. We all have something on the line in this match seeing how it’s three of our debuts. So we all want to make a good impression, want to be that “queen” to catch the owner’s eye. So in the future we only get the best of matches.

Jaci: But what exactly will catch his eye? make him think WOW I need to put her higher up that ladder. Will It be singling out one person and beating the living crap out of them while you leave the fresher man at bay in their little corner? I mean going that route could either show that you are smart or, that you are a coward. I am going to say that Rhiannon and Diana will be going for this tactic. It’s the easy way out, almost guaranteeing them win right? But they won’t choice this tactic because their smart but because they’re cowards. I on the other hand am going for the teamwork approach. Because not only will I get ring time but it will also show that I can be a team player and be adaptable to different situations. I think that is the smart way to go, wouldn’t you agree? Plus it will also make my rookie look like gold compared to the two of you. And what better way to really give it to your opponents than to humiliate them and to show that perhaps they are nothing more than rookies themselves even if one of them holds a title. To think, if Rhiannon loses this match not only will she humiliate her self but the whole WEW women’s division. She will make the title she holds a joke. A big fat joke.

Narrowing her eyebrows she held her hands out on either side of her showing just how big of a joke it would be before pointing to herself with her index finger.

Jaci: at least if my team loses we only take each other down and that won’t really effect Molly because she can use the rookie card and to be honest I could use the i’ve been out of the game for awhile card and what card can you exactly use Rhiannon? or how about you Diana? You have been in IWF for how long now?

Looking up in a thinking matter, she begins to tap her chin with her index finger.

Jaci: A month and a couple of weeks?

Looking in the camera questionably, she hoped the research she did was semi accurate and if it wasn’t then she will just wing it as best she could and hope she is close at being correct.

Jaci: Already you have four matches under your belt and you still have nothing to show for it. Must suck to maybe what? have a record of three to one? and I’m just ballparking it here, and to still not be noticed by anyone. I didn’t even hear about you until tonight. In fact when people talked about this match it was.

Clearing her throat she deepens her voice trying her best to sound like a boy.

Jaci: I can’t wait to see that female tag match. Jaci and that new girl Molly against that fine Rhiannon and... and... ah...ah I don’t even know who her partner is.

Shaking her head she begins to rub her forehead before running her fingers through her blonde locks.

Jaci: Yeah I would say that categorizes as sad. I bet you partner Gordon doesn’t even remember tagging with you when you went up against Griffin and Tiffani. Even worse, if you even won that match and if I were In Gordon’s shoes? I would be bragging about how I won that match myself. Because it’s probably true especially with a nobody like you who doesn't even make a bleep on the radar in the queen division. I really doubt winning this match would change that... at all. If people don’t know who you are by now then they never will. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Flipping her hair over her shoulder, Jaci begins to rise from her seat letting out a sigh.

Jaci: Memorable, worth being remembered or noted, remarkable. That’s what we are trying to be right ladies? at least that is the one thing we have in common. So I say why don’t we go out there and give everyone what they want. A good show, and I hope you take that into consideration because none of us are going to get what we want if we try to make it all about ourselves.

Taking a deep breathe she folds her arms over her chest as she looks in the camera lens looking pretty angry.

Jaci: Oh and one more thing. Jack Savage, if you ever, EVER, put me in the same category as that diseased ridden poor excuse of a woman you like to call a wife again? I will have no problem kicking your ass . And let me give you some advice. If you want to kiss my ass you can’t compliment me and then end it with an insult. It just doesn’t work that way.

Shaking her head she walks off as the picture begins to fade to black.
Back to top Go down
Diana Logan

Diana Logan

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign   Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign Salt-lake-city-airport-picture_zps8280676d

I wasn’t expecting the crowd in the airport when I got home from Boston.

It wasn’t a large crowd, but as the escalator brought me down from the secure area of the Salt Lake City airport, I found that there were people waiting for me. Adam. Chloe. My friends from the dojo. Friends from college. Chloe had told me that they were having a party to watch Rising Monarchy. What they didn’t tell me was that they’d be picking me up to celebrate.

Diana Logan:
What’s all this, then?

Chloe laughed. Her pregnancy was showing pretty well at this point, and I thought I felt a kick to my ribs when she hugged me tightly.

Chloe:
This is us wanting to congratulate you for all the hard work you’ve put in to things. We’re all so proud of you, sis. You’ve come a long way from the girl I remember picking on.

I blushed a little as she pulled back so that other people could come up and hug me. One by one, my friends from the gym, and from the area, came up and hugged me, offering words of congratulation. It was nice. Really nice. But there was still this feeling hanging over my head that it was all…

Something. I couldn’t quite find the right word. I would have to think about it for a while.

Diana Logan:
Thank you, everyone. I’m glad you all came to see me.

Chloe:
And to take you out to dinner, if you’re not too tired.

Diana Logan:
And take me out to dinner, apparently. I appreciate it, I really do.

I laughed as they herded me toward the baggage claim, and then out the door to the car. But there was something that still didn’t feel quite right about this celebration.

Premature.

That was the word I had been looking for.

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign Adams_zps94fc2eb3

I hit the mat hard, and decided to just stay down for now. We’d been training for hours, and my body was crying out for a break. My brother-in-law stood over me and gave me a concerned look.

Adam:
Break time, eh?

I nodded with a small chuckle. We had been working hard, since I had expressed some worry about the upcoming match this week. I’d done my research. There wasn’t a lot on Molly Reid, although her Twitter account suggested a crush on Alexander Remington. Jaci Sovereign, though… She was a little intimidating. Remington’s ex, if the magazines weren’t just trying to rile people. That could be an interesting pairing there.

I didn’t know much about my own partner in this tag team match either. It seemed that Rhiannon LeBlanc was one of the longest-reigning champions in another wrestling federation, but I’d never met her. I was going to meet her the day before the show. I was nervous, and rightfully so. I didn’t know my partner’s abilities, or dedication, or even where her allegiances might lie.

I had to be able to trust myself in this match, before I could learn to trust her.

Adam:
Well, we definitely don’t want to overwork you. You need to be well-rested for your match or all this training won’t amount to a damn thing.

I groaned as I pulled myself up to sitting. He was right, of course. If I pushed myself too hard, I would be in no shape to actually compete. But I wanted to keep going, to make sure that I had all my moves just right. I didn’t want to hurt anyone, just dominate them in the ring.

Diana Logan:
It’s going to be an interesting match, I think. I’ve done tag teams before, but that was on the amateur level. Unless you count that mixed match with Gordon Fury a few weeks ago, but mixed matches are a bit different too.

Adam:
You’ll be just fine, Diana. I promise. Stop worrying about what could happen, and focus on doing what you need to do. Remember why you’re doing this, and how hard you’ve trained. The rest will take care of itself, but you have to have more confidence. More faith that what you’re doing is right.

I nodded once more as he handed me a water bottle. This was exactly why I hadn’t hired a big name trainer when I signed my contract, even though I did occasionally work with one to make sure my fancier moves were in order, or to learn new ones.

My brother-in-law understood me. He knew what motivated me, what could convince me to train the way I needed to train, and what I needed to hear when I was worried or down. He was irreplaceable. I wondered if IWF would let me bring him on as my manager, but he didn’t care much for the spotlight. Maybe not, then.

Diana Logan:
Right. I forget, sometimes, that this isn’t just about me. Well, it is, sort of. Childhood me, who got teased endlessly for being a girl who liked wrestling with the boys. I owe it to her to help other girls who want to tread where the boys go.

Adam:
Exactly. And for that, you’re going to bring your best game every week, no matter what. If you meet that expectation that you have for yourself, doing the best that you possibly can in any circumstance, then the rest comes naturally. Even those times you lose a match, it doesn’t make you a loser unless you didn’t give it your best. It just means that someone else’s best was better than yours that day. Help those girls understand good sportsmanship, and honor. Help them know that it’s okay to chase their dreams.

I frowned up at him, surprised at the intensity in his voice. He looked like he was about to cry.

Diana Logan:
Adam? What’s wrong?

Adam:
Nothing, Diana, nothing. It just struck me suddenly how if we have a girl, I will be very proud to have you for her aunt.

He waved away the thought, and rubbed at his face with both hands. There were no students here, just the two of us. Nobody to see him cry, but he still made sure that I didn’t, either.

I felt a tightness in my own chest, and my own eyes watered a bit. My voice softened.

Diana Logan:
Thank you, Adam. That really means a lot to me to hear you say that.

He just cleared his throat and nodded. It was the best ‘you’re welcome’ that I was going to get at the moment, and I was okay with that.

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign Libertybell_zps2013a0f0

The camera is black for a moment, although Diana’s voice can be heard.

Diana Logan:
Philadelphia. Land of liberty, and home of the Declaration of Independence.

The camera fades in to focus on Diana as she stands, in her trademark red leather jacket and tight blue jeans with high-heeled boots, in front of the infamous Liberty Bell. She had thought about finding the Rocky Balboa statue, since they were in Philly this week. But something about that felt just a little overdone. No, this was more her style.

Now, you might wonder what I’m doing here. It’s not because I’m going to give anyone a history lesson, although I’m sure some of you could use one. It’s because this city is where the Declaration of Independence was signed. It’s because this is where the Liberty Bell hangs, with its infamous flaw.

She turns to look at the bell, lit from above with Independence Hall in the background, through the window. She gestures at it proudly. She’s clearly been warned not to touch it, although anyone can see that she wants to.

Look at it. Isn’t it magnificent? Even with that flaw, that crack that makes it less perfect than some other bells, it’s a sight to behold. It isn’t because it’s any different in structure from other bells. It’s a bell. The people that cast this bell probably cast plenty just like it before, and after, this one. And as a bell, it really is sort of unimpressive, and flawed on the surface.

But that’s not what the Liberty Bell is about. It has power because of what it stands for. It’s beautiful because of how it’s been turned into a symbol of freedom. The crack doesn’t matter. If anything, the flaw makes the bell more distinctive, more memorable.

Diana looks at the camera, and smiles. She’s always had a reverence for history, since she was quite small. She settles her hands behind her on the railing that separates her from the bell.

Now some would try to call me ugly, or fat… They want to call me out from being different from every other bell because I have something that makes me distinctive. I’m not like every other cookie cutter bimbo in this game, and I think that irritates them.

When are you all going to learn that I don’t care what you think about the way I look? I don’t need your approval when I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. I don’t care what you think about my weight, because I know it’s all muscle. I don’t need your approval based on what the numbers on the scale say about my relationship to the gravitational force of the Earth. If anything, it means that I’m literally more down to earth than you lot and that’s not something I consider a bad thing at all.

She tosses her hair back out of her face, and it’s easy to see that while she may not be the usual stereotype of a wrestling diva, she is not unattractive in the slightest. How she looks just isn’t at the forefront of her mind very often. She has to present a professional image, but she doesn’t have to be obsessed.

Really, I thought that you would all be much more creative than that. Jaci came a lot closer than anyone else ever has to the idea of not being cliché. Calling me unmemorable. While it’s more clever than attacking my looks, it’s still been done before.

I’ve been making my mark, Jaci. I might not have a belt around my waist yet, but a rookie doesn’t get to be a number one contender for a belt in five weeks by being unremarkable. Not in this federation. If you can’t see that, I think you’ve just got your pretty blond head up your ass. Might be time to pull it out and take a look at the world around you. This isn’t UECW. You’re in a different world now, sweetheart, and it’s a world that I seem to understand better than you do.

Diana smiles at the camera, but there’s a cold, almost predatory look in her eyes.

As for Molly… Well, what do I say to the debuting rookie who truly is unremarkable? You’re by far the worst offender when it comes to thinking that I care what all of you skinny bitches think about the way I look. A human body is just that. A body. It’s simply amazing what a body can do, as anyone who is in our field can attest to.

But it’s not the sum of a human being. That’s what you’re all missing.

I am not only my flesh.

I am my determination, my goals, my dreams, my accomplishments, my failures, everything I’ve learned from those failures and more. I am that girl that got picked on by skinny mean girls like you all through school because I was different. Because I dared to do what I wanted instead of following the crowd.

I can see that some things don’t change once you’re out of high school, even though we’re all supposed to be adults.

Diana laughs now, with an angry edge to it. Frustration, perhaps, that the same lies keep getting thrown at her because she dares to be different.

I thought long and hard about playing the high school game with you girls. And then I realized that I don’t want to stoop to that level. I have a far higher calling than that. I’m not here for the recognition. I’m not here for the paycheck. Not to say that I don’t appreciate what I’m earning, but it’s not my motivating factor. Not everyone gets to say that they enjoy their job, but I do. That’s not something I can take for granted. But even that isn’t why I’m here, even though it’s a bonus.

I’m here because I have something to say. Because I have something to show to the whole world.

I’m a lot like this bell. I have things that other people would call flaws. I have things that make me different from every other bell, or in this case, every other diva. But that’s okay.

And that’s exactly what I have to say, to all the girls watching out there, with their brothers, or their fathers, or their significant others. But most importantly, to the girls that are watching on their own or -with other girls. Don’t be afraid to be different. Don’t be afraid to like what you like, and don’t be afraid to chase what you’re dreaming. Because it is okay, no matter what the rest of the world may try to tell you.

Because you know what? They’re jealous.

That’s right. You heard me. They’re jealous that you’re secure enough in yourself to keep going, to follow what your heart is telling you, because they feel like they have to conform to the world’s idea of where they belong. They’re jealous that you can break free of that.

And that’s how I feel about my opponents this week, too. They’re jealous that I’m different. And you know what? I don’t care. This bell behind me bears witness to that. I’m flawed, according to their standards, but that’s what makes me beautiful. It’s what allows me to step forward and be remembered for being something more than a pair of boobs grappling with another pair of boobs.

She lets that mental image marinate for a moment. It’s a humorous one, if taken literally, but there’s some truth about what she’s just said. The IWF is one of the few places that she’s felt like women are taken seriously, rather than used as fan service.

And like this bell, I’m determined to stand for something. I don’t have to be anything but human to do exactly that, flaws and all. And because I stand for something greater than myself, greater than money and greater than fame, that’s why I’m not going to be defeated. I might lose once in a while, but defeat? That’s not possible.

I don’t know my partner. But I know myself. I know that I will never give up, and I hope that she has the same sense of determination. But even if she does not, I will know that I’ve given my best, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of.

The camera fades to black as Diana turns around to look at the Liberty Bell some more, a thoughtful expression on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign   Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign
Page 1 of 1