Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

The show opens with Corey Casey standing in the ring with Axel Vengeance and Ace Static. A pedestal stands between them, behind Corey, with a blanket over it, hiding what's inside. The crowd boos loudly as Corey looks around.

Rick - No love for the Empire after the events of Rising Monarchy.

Matt - In an IWF.com exclusive, our GM and Chairman Corey Casey told us he had a huge announcement to make to kick off Battle Grounds. Let's see what he has to say.

Corey Casey
As many of you may or may not know, I've spent the past few days closeted away with the IWF board of directors. We've had some rather interesting discussions.

"SHUT UP COREY!" "SHUT UP COREY!" "SHUT UP COREY!" "SHUT UP COREY!"

Corey smiles calmly, and looks around at the Philadelphia crowd.

Corey Casey
I am your General Manager and the chairman of IWF, and you WILL be quiet when I am talking.

The crowd boos louder.

Rick - No love for the Empire here in Philly.

Matt - It's a city rich in traditional wrestling. If they like you, they fucking love you. If they don't, you might get a riot on your hands!

Corey Casey
The board and I have come to a few decisions, the most important being the noticeable lack of a tag team division in IWF. See, for those who don't remember, IWF used to have tag titles...and for a short time, those belts were hard fought and prestigious. Then, they were stolen by a pair of certain individuals that will not be named.

Matt - Is he talking about James-

Rick - WILL NOT BE NAMED.

Corey Casey
But I have sent two of IWF's finest to go and retrieve what is rightfully ours...and retrieve they did.

Axel and Ace cross their arms, smirking. Corey circles the pedestal.

Corey Casey
It is with my great pleasure, then, to reveal to you the new and improved IWF Tag Team titles.

He whips the blanket away, revealing the shining new belts. He carefully lifts them. Axel and Ace grin as Corey theatrically presents one of the belts to each man. The two strap the titles around their waists, showing off the gold. They hold out their arms, soaking in the boos.

"SCREWJOB!" "SCREWJOB!" "SCREWJOB!" "SCREWJOB!"

Corey Casey
I believe I told you to be quiet. These men are members of my Empire, and you will show them some respect. These men brought these belts back for all of you. And, seeing that it was these fine gentlemen who did the hard work, and restored prestige to them and brought them home to IWF...it is my pleasure to introduce you all to your NEW IWF Tag Team Champ-

Cast out the storm in my head,
I've slipped and fell in
Caught in my conscience again
I try to push it away.

The crowd erupts into cheers.

Rick - YES!

Matt - Shit's about to go down!

Chuck Matthews bursts through the curtain, grinning at the crowd. He holds a microphone and a clipboard in one hand, and rests his chin in the other, staring through his sunglasses at Corey and HFF down in the ring.

Corey Casey
STOP HIS MUSIC!

The music dies immediately.

Corey Casey
You have no business here, Matthews.

Chuck holds up his arms innocently.

Chuck Matthews
Relax. I just wanted to be a part of this moment. You know I've always had a soft spot for the tag titles. I wanted to come out and be the first to congratulate Axel Vengeance and Ace Static on winning the belts.

The crowd boos. Axel and Ace clap for Chuck, and even Corey's stony gaze breaks slightly. Chuck smirks.

Chuck Matthews
I wanted to...but I just can't do it.

Axel and Ace stop clapping immediately, yelling angrily up the ramp at Chuck. The crowd's boos cease immediately, turning back to cheers.

Chuck Matthews
Because the fact that these two Empire yes-men were awarded the belts because of their association with the boss makes me sick. Where I come from, you don't have belts unless you win them. In a match. Against real opponents.

Corey snarls into his mic.

Corey Casey
The great prophet Matthews has spoken then! Shame on these gentlemen for earning championships! Axel, Ace, it sounds like Mr. Matthews doesn't approve. Please relinquish your titles to me.

He stops suddenly, smiling wide.

Corey Casey
Or don't. Because guess what, Chuckles? You don't hold any stock in this company. You don't own this company, I DO. This may be hard for your delicate ego to grasp, Chuck, but your say means NOTHING here. You hold no power over anything here in IWF.

Chuck looks taken aback at this. His shoulders slump, and he stares at the floor, defeated.

Chuck Matthews
I....yeah. You're right. I don't own any part of IWF. I'm just the guy putting you on TV. I have no say...

He looks up, grinning.

Chuck Matthews
FORTUNATELY...I know someone who does. See, Corey...while you were busy worrying about furthering your own agenda and pushing your Empire guys to the top of the food chain...I was watching, and I was having friendly chats of my own with the IWF board of directors. Did you know Mr. Brooks plays a mean game of golf?

Corey yells at Chuck, practically foaming at the mouth.

Corey Casey
GET TO THE POINT, CHUCK.

Chuck smiles wider.

Chuck Matthews
While it's true that I don't actually hold IWF stock, and don't have any say...I've been working alongside someone who does...and...if I may read this OFFICIAL statement by the IWF Board of Directors...

He waves his clipboard, then clears his throat.

Chuck Matthews
"After review, the IWF Board of Directors has decided to relieve Corey Casey of his duties as Battle Grounds General Manager."

The crowd roars in approval. Corey glares at Chuck.

Chuck Matthews
"From this point forward, the IWF Board has assigned a new authority for all things IWF..."

He turns slightly, stepping aside, away from the entrance. Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" begins playing over the speakers. A young woman in a suit walks out from behind the curtain, looking out at the IWF fans. She smiles at Chuck, and hugs him warmly.

Rick - That's...Jessica Matthews!

Matt - Chuck's hot sister!

Rick - More importantly, it's Corey's wife!

Matt - And Corey is in shock!

Jessica motions for Chuck to hand her the mic. He presents it to her, bowing his head slightly and standing behind her. The crowd cheers her on. She turns a faint shade of red, but smiles warmly at them.

Jessica Matthews
Thank you.

She shoots a glare at Corey.

Jessica Matthews
Surprised, hon?

Corey continues staring at Jessica, his mouth slightly agape. Axel and Ace slap at him, yelling at him, trying to get a reaction. Corey shakes his head in disbelief.

Jessica Matthews
Corey...maybe you don't remember this...but back when you went on that trip of yours, you left your IWF stock with me for safekeeping, in case something happened. Or did you forget?

She motions to Chuck.

Jessica Matthews
He didn't. So when I heard about the things you'd been doing here to these people in IWF, Chuck pointed out the opportunity I had to help. You always said you wanted me more involved in your line of work, Core? Here I am.

Corey runs his hand through his hair, still stunned.

Jessica Matthews
And...I think it's well within my power to make a few changes.

She glances back at Chuck, who graciously hands her his clipboard, and eggs her on, grinning widely. Jess nods, and looks at the clipboard.

Jessica Matthews
First thing's first...Axel? Ace? Sad to say, but you two gentlemen are NOT the new IWF Tag Team Champions. Please bring them to me.

The crowd cheers again. HFF look at Corey, who has retreated to the opposite side of the ring. They point at the titles, and then to Jess. Corey waves his hand, defeated. Axel and Ace look at him, then slowly slide out of the ring, heading up the ramp. Chuck stands next to Jessica watching carefully as both men hand over the tag team championships. They turn to head to the back.

Jessica Matthews
Hold on, boys. Now I know, you two DID get the titles back...but since you can't just take titles without an actual match, I can't let you keep the belts. But in the interest of fairness, I'm willing to give you a chance to truly earn the titles. Tonight, in the main event, you're going to fight in a tag match for the new IWF Tag Team Championships. Against.....Um...

She looks at the clipboard, then at Chuck. Chuck shrugs, mouthing "I got nothing." Jessica looks worried, but looks at the crowd.

Jessica Matthews
Well...seeing that we're in Philadelphia, I know of a man I just met backstage tonight who I'm sure would LOVE a chance to compete...ladies and gentlemen, tonight, Hollywood's F'ing Finest will compete against the team of....Sean Libby and Tim Patrick!

Shinedown's "I Dare You" erupts through the speakers, but is drowned out immediately by the roars of the IWF crowd. Sean and Tim emerge from the curtains, causing the fans to cheer, if possible, even louder.

Rick - They're about to blow the fucking roof off the place!

Matt - How could you not? Tim Patrick, making his in-ring return RIGHT HERE in his hometown of Philly, and it's his first-ever championship match in IWF!

Tim shakes hands with Jessica, who gives him and Sean a friendly hug. The two men stand next to her, staring down Axel and Ace, who slowly take a few steps back down the ramp.

"WELCOME BACK!" "WELCOME BACK!" "WELCOME BACK!" "WELCOME BACK!"

Tim can't help but break a smile at the reaction, tearing his gaze away from HFF just long enough to give an appreciative wave to his hometown fans.

Jessica Matthews
Now....um...settle down...

Rick - Good fucking luck, Jessie.

Matt - These fans are RELENTLESS.

Jessica Matthews
If I can make the next announcement...

The crowd slowly simmers down, watching Jessica intently.

Jessica Matthews
Thank you. Now let's talk about your golden boy, Corey. Let's talk about Alexander Remington.

The crowd boos at Remington's name.

Matt - These fans not happy with Remi's actions at Rising Monarchy.

Rick - A lot of the guys in the locker room aren't pleased either.

Jessica Matthews
Speaking of people who have been long overlooked...A friend and I have been working on an idea that I think will really shake things up here in IWF. We're going to have ourselves a tournament....and this tournament will determine who is next to challenge the IWF Champion.

Chuck looks at Jess, his grin spreading across his face again.

Jessica Matthews
We call it "Siege Perilous." Here's what's going to happen. I have chosen eight men and women who have never had a shot at the IWF Championship. They've all been impressive in their IWF tenures, but are constantly passed up when the time to determine a new contender comes. So we're putting them in a tournament. This month, they will compete, eliminating each other, and narrowing the ranks. The winner will go to Nowhere to Run. There, they are going to fight one last match. It will be against an opponent who is no stranger to the main event scene. It will be a man who has held multiple world championships over the course of his career...and it will be a man who will serve as the ultimate measuring stick for the IWF Championship contenders. If the tournament winner can defeat this man, he or she will be the next in line to challenge for the IWF World Heavyweight Championship!

The crowd cheers.

Matt - If Corey wasn't married to that woman, I would propose right now.

Rick - HUGE implications! She is giving eight IWF stars the opportunity of a lifetime!

Jessica Matthews
I think that pretty much covers it for now. Enjoy the show.

She winks at the camera, and turns to head backstage, followed by Chuck, Tim, and Sean, and leaving Corey and HFF stunned as the show intro package plays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 am

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play BattleGroundsLogo_zpsb8bf374c
LIVE from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Camera flys around the area, viewing the fans attending all of whom are screaming in delight, we return to the commentary team of Rick and Matt.

Rick - Welcome everyone to another awesome episode of Battle Grounds, we're one day removed from the events of Rising Monarchy and what series of twists we have.

Matt - You're not kidding man, first Alexander Remington rejoins the Empire and now we have Jessica Matthews brought in as counterweight to Corey's abuse of power.

Rick - And she has set two events that will take place tonight, first off we have a Siege Perilous tournament featureing eight people who have never received a title shot to determine who will face Remington at Nowhere to Run.

Matt - Let's not forget our main event of tonight, Hollywood's Fucking Finest will face the team of Tim Partick and Sean Libby to crown new tag team champions!

Rick - You've heard it right folks, for the first time in months we have brought back the tag titles and we will have new champions crown tonight.

Matt - But enough of that, let's get into the action.

Camera pans over to Heather Tompson for the first match of the evening.

Heather Thompson - The following is the first round of the Siege Perilous tournament.

The sound of static can be heard and then it cuts to

Am I going insane?
My blood is boiling inside my veins
An evil felling attacks
My body's shaking there's no turning to black
As you eyes start to blister
There's just nope for our final embrace

Howard Harvard steeps out on stage wearing a suit turns around points to the curtain as Jack Savage and Kelly Savage emerge from behind it. As Jack droops down to one knee the Kelly stands to his right side and runs her hands up down Jack's body.

So here we are...
I'm in your head..
I'm in your heart!

Noah Philips steeps out on the stage wearing a suit and holding a silver Halliburton briefcase and stands behind Jack and Kelly.

You were told to run away
Soak the place, and light the flame
Pay the price for your betrayal
You betrayal, your betrayal!

Jack Savage stands up and Howard Harvard slowly leads the group to the ring.

I was told to stay away
Those two word I can't obey
Your betrayal, your betrayal!

As they group gets to the ringside Noah Philips and Howard Harvard both go over to the steeps. Howard Harvard goes up them first and is fallowed by Noah. Jack stands still as Kelly again runs her hand up and down his body.

Is it my turn to die?
My heart is pounding as I say goodbye
So now I dance in the flames
I love you crying and screaming my name

Jack stands there smiling from ear to ear. As Noah and Howard both enter the ring and point down to Jack and Kelly Savage.

You said that we'd be forever
How could you kill me and lie to my face?
Now that we can't be together
There is no hope for our final embrace
So here we are, I'm in your head
I'm in your heart!!!

Jack and Kelly both slowly make there way over to the steeps and Kelly goes up them first fallowed closely by Jack. As the reach the top Jack out stretches his arms. Kelly walks over and opens the ropes and waits for Jack.

You were told to run away
Soak the place, and light a flame
Your betrayal, your betrayal!

Jack walks over to the ropes that are being held open for him by Kelly as he enters he kiss her deeply and passionately on the mouth.

I was told to stay away
Those two words I can't obey
Your betrayal, your betrayal!!

Jack walks over to the right turnbuckle closest to the entrance ramp and points to himself.

GO!!

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Green Bay, Wisconsin weighing 230 pounds Jack Savage!

Rick - Jack has got to be pissed off after losing his chance to become number one contender for the High Impact title.

Matt - But he has a chance to bounce back in this tournament, the winner gets a shot at the Heavyweight title.

The lights go out and a haunting Native American chant sounds through the arena, a low fog rolls down the entrance stage and ramp surrounding the ring. Then the opening chords of "What if" blare through the arena as Storming Raven slowly walks out onto the stage, completely focused not paying any attention to his opponent. Suddenly he sprints down to the ring and slides in before standing in front of his opponent with an intense glare, showing no fear.

Heather Thomson - And from Laredo,Texas weighing 251 pounds Storming Raven!

Rick - And we have the return of Storming Raven

Matt - No better time than now, with a shot at the Heavyweight title up for grabs.

Ref checks on both men and calls for the bell.

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Match
Siege Perilous Round One
Storming Raven [vs.] Jack Savage

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Storm moves in with some body shots to the gut area of Jack tries to cover up, he drives an elbow to the face and whips Jack towards the ropes. Jack jumps off the 2nd rope and comes back with a moonsaut attack that flattens Storm to the ground.

Rick - Jack with some crisp offense.

Matt - He took Storm down for the moment.

Jack stands back up and throws a series of angry stomps on the chest area of Storm who struggles to his feet. Jack thows a punch that gets blocked and Storm fires back with a thrust to the jaw that knocks him down. Storm moves in with an ax handle that catches Jack on the chest then rebounds off the ropes with a clothesline for good measure.

Rick - Storm building some momentum.

Matt - He's keeping him off balanced, that's something you have to do against a guy like Jack.

Storm picks Jack up and gets ready for a boy slam but Jack elbows him hard on the jaw causing him to lose his grip. Jack holds on the back of the neck and pulls Storm down with a reverse ddt.

Rick - Back and forth action in this first round of the tournament.

Matt - Something you would expect when there's a shot at the Heavy title on the line.

Jack drives the heel of his boot into the face of Storm and gets yelled at by the ref, he ignores him and pulls Storm back to his feet. He pops him with a European uppercut and then runs in with a forearm but Storm counters it and flips Jack over his shoulder with a hip toss.

Rick - Nice counter by Storm.

Matt - Jack got a little too comfy in the driver seat, he needs to stay on the attack.

Storm makes the cover as the ref counts it.

-1-

Jack kicks out.

Rick - First pin of the match.

Matt - Only got a one if that.

Storm runs back toward the rope and moves in towards Jack who vaults over him, Storm bounces back right into a drop kick that takes him down. Storm gets back up and Jack moves in with a massive spear that drives Storm into the corner. Jack starts hammering away with lefts and rights until Storm falters down the bottom rope where he stomps a mud hole. Ref moves in and tells him to get him out of the corner and instead Jack backs up a few steps and runs in with a low drop kick to the chest of Storm.

Rick - Jack getting his offense in full swing.

Matt - Storm ready needs to think of something and fast.

Jack pulls Storm out of the corner and covers him.

-1-

-2-

Storm kicks out.

Rick - Not yet.

Matt - Storm is still in this.

Jack drops a leg on the back of the neck, he then leaps to the nearest corner and jumps off with a body splash but Storm just manages to roll out of the way causing Jack to kiss the mat.

Rick - Storm with an opening.

Matt - Jack again got too comfy and paid the price big time.

Storm waits until Jack gets back up before charging in with a big boot to the chest pushing Jack towards the ropes as he rebounds back to Storm who plants him with a spinning side slam.

Rick - Nice combo there!

Matt - Now Jack's in trouble.

Storm makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

Jack kicks out.

Rick - Jack with plenty of fight left.

Matt - He's already been embarrassed once before last week, he sure as hell doesn’t want a repeat of that this week.

Storm picks Jack to his feet and whips him towards the ropes, then flattens him with a stinger splash. He sets him up with a powebomb as he climbs the turnbuckle.

Rick - Storm looking to end this.

Matt - Storm Warning coming up!

But Jack wiggles out of Storm's grip and allows himself to fall down while grabbing his head and drives him to the mat with a modified version of the Savage Spike!

Matt - Holy shit what a Savage Spike!

Rick - Storm might be out cold!

Jack moves him to his shoulders and makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Jack Savage!

Rick - And just like that Jack moves to the next round of the tournament.

Matt - Can't take anything away from Storming Raven though, he put up a hell of a fight in his return match.

Jack Savage slides out of the ring and grabs the microphone away from Heather Thompson. Then he quickly back into the ring and sits down in the center as Noah Philips, Howard Harvard and his wife Kelly Savage enter the ring and stand behind him.

Jack Savage
What happened at RISING MONARCHY should be seen as the greatest travesty in the history of the Insurgency Wrestling Federation.

Jack lets out a little laugh.

Jack Savage
Why? Because I according to all the recorded books according to Pro-Wrestling Illustrated I lost to a useless, little girl at Rising Monarchy. So when I saw that I was in the Siege Perilous tournament and facing the retuning Storming Raven it was an opportunity to make an impact all over again. An opportunity to show the world that there was no FUCKING way that I should have lost to that useless, little girl Diana Logan...

Jack laughs again.

Jack Savage:
And if any of you the unwashed masses have a problem with that it is just too FUCKING bad. Because what I see Storming Raven is as nothing but a small stepping stone a useless, little girl if you will...

Jack stands up.

Jack Savage
Now I know that chances are I am going to face a fellow member of The Empire next week. But it does not matter to me if you are a fellow Empire member because I am not going to lose because I am in this to win it...money talks and I am loaded!

He leaves with the rest of the group behind him.

Rick - Jack just made a statement tonight.

Matt - That match last week really was a wakeup call for Jack, he wants to win this tournament no matter who he has to go through.

The camera follows Jack and his entourage to the entrance ramp before cutting to the women’s locker room where there’s a big bouquet of roses with a card in it placed carefully by the door. A pair of black lady’s wrestling boots comes into the shot and as the person bends down to pick up the flowers, the camera follows her hand to reveal the face of Blyss Lockhart. Blyss is wearing her wrestling gear as well as a black hoodie. A mixed reaction of cheers and jeers can be heard throughout the arena as the fans watch this on the tron. She takes out the card and reads it silently, her lips moving. A huge smile spreads across her face but it quickly disappears as she turns to see if anyone is around to see this. Knowing for sure she’s alone, she smiles again and tucks the card into her jacket pocket. She smells the roses and enters the locker room, shutting out the camera. We then take a commercial break.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Funny-star-wars-light-saber-training-for-dummies
Ever wanna be a jedi knight? This is the book for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------

We return with Heather for the next match.

Heather Thompson - The following is a triple threat match set for one fall!

Say whoa (whoa)
The more I feel it (whoa)
The more I need it (whoa)
You say whoa
Whoa is me
I'm so whoa

Matt Stone comes out from the back to a chorus of boos. He struts down the ramp towards the ring, wearing his patterned hoodie with a large Maple Leaf on the back. He threatens to hit a member of the crowd who was holding up a Canada sucks sign and just walks on.

The more I feel it (whoa)
The more I need it (whoa)
You say whoa
Whoa is me
I'm so whoa

Matt gets on the apron and gets inside the ring, heading straight to a corner and mounts the middle turnbuckle raising his hands. He shouts out over the loud jeers being rained down on him. He shakes his head to their reaction. You don't deserve to see me! He shouts out getting down and taking off the hoodie. Matt get's ready for his opponent, bouncing off the ropes to loosen up as his music fades away

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Ottawa, Ontario Canada weighing 220 pounds, Matt Stone!

Rick - We're back and already we got some new talent here to make a new for themselves.

Matt - I like all this new blood we've been getting lately, really shows how IWF is growing as a fed just watch, a year from now guys like him will be main eventers.

Walker enters slowly, mocking the crowd. Taking his time while he can. He steps into the ring, via ring steps, and awaits his prey.

Heather Thompson - And from Canterbury, England weighing 240 pounds, Allen Walker!

Rick - Now this guy looks like he means business.

Matt - More like wanting to tear smeone's head clean off.

The Lights slowly dim as the first riffs of “Enemies” By Shine down starts to play. Red strobe lights flash across the entrance ramp as the silhouette of a man stands right arm raised high in the air guitar held in his left hand then the lyrics start.

Listen up
There's not a moment to spare
It's quite a drop from the top
So how you feeling down there

It's a cold, cruel, harsh, reality
Caught, stuck, here with your enemies

The lights start coming up as a spotlight shines on Jaxx Ryder, He stands on the stage playing his guitar as the first lyrics blare through the speakers. Then he spins his guitar around to his back, and heads down the entrance ramp playing to the crowd shaking hands the fans and along the way he gives his guitar to one of the fans before climbing into the ring.

Who do you think you are?
Tearing us all apart
Where did you think you could go?
'Cause everyone already knows
It's 20 to 1
Yeah, so you better run.

Jaxx goes to the furthest turnbuckle and climbs to the second rope holding onto the top he leans out yelling to the crowd and sticking his tongue out. He goes to the opposite turnbuckle and does the same, before removing his jacket and glasses and preparing for his opponent.

Heather Thompson - And from New Orleans, LA weighing 230 pounds, Jaxx Ryder!

Rick - All three of these men are looking to make a statement in this triple threat match.

Matt - Let them loose ref, I got a feeling we're in for a hell of a ride.

Ref checks on all three men and calls for the bell.

Matt Stone [vs.] Allen Walker [vs.] Jaxx Ryder

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Jaxx runs in towards Allen who catches him with a powerslam, Matt runs in from behind and grabs Allen then drives him down with a reverse neckbreaker. Jaxx gets back up and lashes out with a kick that catches Matt on the cheekbone, he leaps up on the shoulders of Matt and flings him over with the head sissors.

Rick - Some fast action gonig on.

Matt - I love these triple threat matches, so much stuff gonig on.

Jaxx turns around and meets a fist from Allen, Allen grabs Jaxx by the throat with both hands and strangles him while banging the back of his head against the mat. He lets go and removes one of his knee pads then drops the expose knee into he face of Jaxx as he rolls forward. Matt gets up and clubs Allen on the back of the head, he turns and the two exchange blows, Matt then pokes Allen causing him to stagger. Matt charges in but Allen catches him with a tilt a whirl backbreaker.

Rick - Allen targeting the back, wearing the man down.

Matt - The back is one of the most important parts of the body, you take that out and your opponet can't do shit.

Allen gets back up to see Jaxx who was perched on the top turnbuckle fly down with a missle dropkick. He moves in with the cover.

-1-

Allen kicks out.

Rick - Too soon to end this match.

Matt - He's just keeping the pressure on his foe, all the while making him expand energy.

Jaxx pulls Allen back up but he breaks the grip and hits a hard right to the jaw. Matt moves in behind Allen and grabs his head while leaping up with a drop kick to Jaxx while driving Allen down with the bullldog.

Rick - Nice move by Matt.

Matt flips Allen to his back and covers him.

-1-

Allen kicks out and Matt instead tries Jaxx.

-1-

Jaxx also kicks out and Matt slaps the floor in flustration.

Matt - Stone needs to stay focused, can't allow flustration to take over.

Rick - Not when you got two other guys in that right with you.

Matt walks up to Allen who springs up and pulls Matt dwn while yanking his left arm with a arm lock, pulling it back as far as he can.

Rick - Allen with an arm lock!

Jaxx runs in and kicks Allen in the back of the skull, forcing him to release the hold.

Matt - Jaxx saves the match.

Jaxx takes a short run and springs off the 2nd rope and leaps into a flying clothesline but Allen catches him ad flings him over with a t-bone suplex.

Rick - Nice counter there from Allen.

Matt from behind nails a low blow on Allen then hooks the head and drives him down with a snap ddt.

Rick - Stone with a blantant low blow.

Matt - It's legal though, triple treat rules means almost no rules at all.

Stone flips Alen to his shoulders and covers him.

-1-

-2-

Allen kicks out.

Rick - Not enough to keep him down.

Matt then sees Jaxx who is getting up and runs in with a clothesline but Jaxx counters with a drop toe hold and then flips over Matt's shoulders causing him to look up- only for Jaxx to kick him right in the face!

Matt - Ow!

Rick - That might have reconstructed his nose.

Jaxx gets Matt over and pins him.

-1-

-2-

Allen runs in with the break up.

Rick - Allen saves the match.

Matt - For now at least.

Allen drives Jaxx back with some aggressive forearms to the face, he then whips him to the side of the ropes and throws a wild swing. Jaxx rolls under it and vaults over Matt who charges in, Matt then gets taken down by Allen who hits a big boot and Allen catches Jaxx as he tried for a hurricanrana, he goes for a powerbomb but at the last minuite Jaxx grabs Allen's head and drives him down with the facebuster! Allen flips from the impact and Jaxx covers.

-1-

-2-

Matt stomps on Jaxx's back which breaks the count.

Rick - Another save.

Matt - You always want to make sure that everyone is down before making a pin attempt, otherwise this match will never end.

Matt gets up and kicks Jaxx in the fact a few times, he waits for Jaxx to get back up before charging with a strong sto that drives him into the mat.

Matt - Stone with that S-T-0wned.

Rick - Jaxx got owned alright.

Allen moves behind and grabs Matt by the waist and yanks him with a massive german suplex pinning his shoulders to the mat.

-1-

-2-

Matt forces the shoulder up.

Rick - ALot of pin attempts in this match.

Matt - Keeping the pressure going, never letting anyone catch a break.

Allen shoves Matt of the ring for the moment, he turns in time to take a running from Jaxx who then leaps on the top turnbuckle and drops a dime on Allen. He runs toward the ropes but tumbles over when Matt yanks the top down causing him to crash on the outside.

Rick - Matt just outsmarted Jaxx with that move.

Matt - He's trying to stay one step ahead of everyone else in this match.

Matt moves in as Allen recovers and sneaks up behind him and lifts him into the Omega Driver!

Rick - Did he just steal Allen's move?

Matt - That's the BAD, Being a Douche and yes it involes him stealing a man's finisher.

Rick - How did you know about that?

Matt - Stoner six sense mang.

Matt Stone flips him over a makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

Ref stops when he sees Allen's foot on the bottom rope, causing Matt to glare at him in anger.

Rick - Allen showing some ring awareness to advoid the pin fall.

Matt - It's always important to be aware of your surrounds, less you make a mistake like that.

Matt picks Allen back up but then he grabs Matt's balls and crushes them with his hand causing Matt to double over in pain. He then grabs Matt but dosent see Jaxx who slingshots from the top rope and hits both men with a massive drop kick. All three of them are laid out on the mat as the ref begins the count.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

-5-

-6-

Matt and Allen make it to their feet as does Jaxx. Allen drives Jaxx with a boot that staggers him to the ropes. He attempts to knock him off the aporn but Jaxx ducks under and causes Allen to fly over the rope though he holds on from the other side. Matt leaps in with the combo breaker but Jaxx blocks it and pushes him back. Matt takes a swing but Jaxx stepsides and pushes Matt right into Allen who falls down outside. Matt staggers towards Jaxx who whips him towards the turnbuckle and sets him on the top before driving him back down with the Wicked Riff.

Rick - Wicked Riff, Jaxx might win this!

Jaxx covers.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Jaxx Ryder!

Rick - What a match between these three, big props for Jaxx on a hard fought victory.

Matt - He took down two powerful foes and came out on top this week.

Rick - I expect to see more of his in ring work in the near future.

Jaxx has the ref hold his arm in victory, he takes a moment to soak in the cheers before the camera cuts off for a moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We then cut to backstage in a hallway where Blyss Lockhart is sitting backstage on a stage equipment box staring admiringly at the same bouquet of roses. A shadow falls over her and she looks up. The camera zooms out to reveal Matt Stone standing with a smirk on his face. She returns it with an amused expression on her face.

Matt Stone
Like the flowers I sent you?

Blyss Lockhart
Hmm... They’re okay.

Matt Stone
Just as promised on Twitter.

Blyss Lockhart
But you lost your match so that’s no promise. So... No date.

Matt Stone
Yeah, I know but hey, not everyone gets a victorious debut, right?

Blyss Lockhart
(flashes a glare) Excuse me--

Matt Stone
No, no... Blyss, I don’t mean any disrespect. Really. OK, how about this? I win my match next week and then you let me take out for dinner. How does that sound?

He holds out a hand for her. She looks at it and then back at his face. She hops off the stage box, her eyes still on him. Then she brings up the roses to her face and breathes in the fragrance before turning around and walk away. We then take another break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Dont_speak_by_PiZZaDreaMs
Remember ladies: Loose lips sink ships
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Camera returns back to the ring where Heather is standing.

Heather Thompson - The following tag match is set for one fall.

The lights in the arena dim as unstoppable by kat deluna begins to play over the PA. System.

You can talk all you want
but my skin is really thick
I’m the leader of the crowd
And my game is really slick

Pink lights fall on the entrance ramp as A white spot light appears on the entrance before the pink lights go back up and begin to go across the screaming fans.

I’m Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Jaci walks from behind the curtain and into the spotlight with a smirk on her face as she extends her arms out on either side of her, palms up, and her elbows slightly bent in a cocky fashion. When she reaches the peak of the ramp, her smirk becomes some sort of a smile as she begins to walk down the ramp slapping some of the fan's hands that are desperately reaching over the barricade to touch her.

When she approaches the ring, she walks up the steel steps, and slowly walks on the outside of the apron, as her left hand glides over the top rope. When she stops near center, she looks around at the crowd as she wipes her feet off before entering the ring over the second rope slowly.

Once inside the ring, Jaci walks over to a turnbuckle and climbs up to the second rope holding up her arms mimicking what she did before.Hopping down, she then moves her hair from off her shoulders and walks over to the announcer’s side of the ring and begins to warm up as she waits for the bell to sound.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Burlington, ND weighing 120 pounds, Jaci Sovereign.

Rick - One of the new divas who also came from UECW.

Matt - Then that must mean she's a tough athlete.

Rick - Well she is called the Queen of UECW so I would think so.

The lights in the arena dim as She Wolf begins to play over the loudspeakers in the arena. A spotlight appears on the stage as USC cheerleaders rush out from backstage dancing to the song. The cheerleaders make a line down the ramp and a single spotlight appears at the top of the stage. Molly Reid walks out in her cheerleading outfit, bouncing around with a smile on her face. She blows kisses to the crowd as she walks down the ramp, cheering with her cheerleaders.
Molly Reid gets to the ring and walks up the steps, as the referee walks over and holds the ropes open for him. She smiles at him before ducking through the ropes and walking to one of the corners of the ring. She climbs onto the second rope and removes her cheerleading top, showing off her wrestling top. She throws the shirt into the crowd, and retreats to her corner, removing her skirt to reveal her wrestling shorts underneath. She stands in the corner awaiting the start of the match.

Heather Thompson - And her partner from Los Angeles, California weighing 124 pounds Molly Reid!

Rick - Another new talent who decided to test her mettle with the other ladies.

Matt - I like her style, she reminds me off those cheerleaders you see on the superbowl.

Rick - Speaking of which you saw that game?

Matt - I did, likely not one of the best games I've seen but it was awesome all the same.

"Decode" by Paramore blasts in the P.A. System. Rhiannon pushes the curtains out of her way and makes her way down the ramp slowly. The fans try to touch her arm she gives some of them highfives. Once the divine diva gets close enough to the ring she climbs into it, goes to a corner to climb to the top turnbuckle, and raises both her arms up high to show confidence. Once the Rhiannon drops back to on the canvas she either waits for her opponent or the referee to start the match up.

Heather Thompson - Introducing the challengers first from Trenton, New Jersey weighing 120 pounds Rhiannon Leblanc!

Rick - As I mentioned before we've been seeing some new faces in the company including some new woman to add onto the diva division.

Matt - These girls are going to be the future of our company for years to come.

White lights flash brightly, followed by the sound of thunder as the lights dim. Red and gold lasers cut through the blue-lit fog that rolls out from the sides of the stage as the opening bars of “She’s Like Thunder” blast over the speakers. The dark-haired woman can be seen quietly entering the stage at this time, but when Doro’s voice enters, gold sparks erupt and the spotlight shines on Diana Logan. She wears a costume reminiscent of Wonder Woman’s newest, with a red leather jacket over a red and gold top, and skintight blue pants with silver stars down the side seams. There’s a vinyl tiara wrapped around her forehead, with a red star in the center. It all glitters in the light as she strides confidently down to the ring, and leaps up onto the apron. She raises her hands into the air to acknowledge the crowd and ask for their energy, before she does a flip over the top rope and goes to her corner to remove her jacket and get ready to face her opponent.

Heather Thompson - And her partner from Gina Carano weighing 170 pounds, Diana Logan!

Rick - The Wonder woman has to be feeling very good having won a shot at Gordon's High Impact belt last week.

Matt - Right now the only thing that's likely going through her mind is just build momentum up to that encounter, Gordon is on a roll lately and you have to wonder if he's watching this match right now.

Rick - I can't imagine why he woulden't.

Jaci steps in while Diana enters the ring, ref checks on both ladies before calling for the bell.

Diana Logan & Rhiannon LeBlanc [vs.] Molly Reid & Jaci Sovereign

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Jaci steps in and locks horns with Diana who reels her in with a head lock but Jaci slips out of it and transitions into a hammelock before slapping the back of the head. Diana moves in but gets stopped with a boot to the gut that doubles her over, Jaci takes her down with a overhead throw and locks in a side headlock. Diana breaks free of the hold and pushes Jaci away, she charges in and spears Jaci into the mat.

Rick - Diana showing off that power she has.

Matt - Jaci better be careful, Diana is a beast in that ring.

Diana picks up Jaci who then rakes the eyes of Diana and quickly tags in Molly who climbs the top rope and flys with a driving cross body that takes Diana down. Molly hooks the leg as she covers her.

-1-

Diana kicks out.

Rick - Molly with a diving crossbody.

Matt - Didn't keep Diana down for long though.

Molly hooks the arm and attempts a suplex but Diana hits a few punches to the gut causing her to lose her grip. She then takes Molly down with a clothesline and then whips her into a corner following up with a huge splash that causes Molly to stagger out of the ropes while Diana rebounds from the ropes knocking Molly down with a shoulder tackle.

Rick - Diana just floored Molly with that tackle.

Matt - She's like a human brick wall, deflects anyone that runs into her.

Diana drops down with the cover.

-1-

Molly rolls the shoulder up and gets to her feet, she grabs Diana's ankles and trips her while flipping over with a pin of her own.

-1-

Diana kicks out as well and both woman get to their feet, Diana blocks a punch and throws some hard rights that find home. She lifts Molly into a military press but Molly strikes her with a few blows to the head making her drop Molly who then rebounds off the ropes but ends up getting caught by Diana who plants her with a spinebuster! Diana makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

Molly gets the shoulder up.

Rick - Diana able to hold her own against these two girls.

Matt - Yeah so far she hasen't tagged in her partner, she likely thinks she can handle em both.

Diana reaches out for Molly who grabs her tights and pulls her head first into her team's corner. Molly tags in Jaci and the two plant Diana with a double ddt. Jaci covers while Molly goes back to her corner.

-1-

-2-

Diana kicks out.

Matt - Some nice teamwork from Jaci and Molly.

Rick - Diana is still going strong though, however you can see she's starting to feel the wear and tear of this match.

Jaci moves in with some foot stomps to the side of Diana, she mounts Diana and locks in a camul clutch.

Rick - Jaci with a camul clutch.

Matt - Applying as much pressure as she can to the upper body.

Jaci cranks the hold and Diana crawls towards the ropes, she manages to grap on which causes her to get off. Jaco motions for Diana to get up before lifting her back up and planting her with the air raid siren. She makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

Diana kicks out.

Rick - Still not enough.

Matt - But Diana is taking a beating, she needs to make a tag soon at the rate this is going.

Jaci pulls Diana back to her feet and positions her for a ddt but Diana slips out of it and nails a side russian leg sweep. Both girls are out as the ref makes the count while Molly and Rhiannon rally their partners.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Jaci makes the tag to Molly and she runs in and drops an elbow on the back of Diana before she could reach her partner, Molly hooks the head and drives her down with the ddt. She rolls Diana over and covers.

-1-

-2-

Diana kicks out.

Rick - Diana trying to get to her partner.

Matt - But Molly and Jaci arn't allowing it.

Molly starts pounding her fists on the back of Diana as she struggles to her feet. Diana suddeny comes alive and grabs Molly, throwing her overhead with a back body drop as Molly holds her back in pain. This gives Diana the breathing room needed to reach out and tag in Rhiannon.

Rick - Rhiannon is in finally!

Matt - She might have to do this one on her own though, gonna be some time before Diana can recover.

Rhiannon charges in with a clothesline that Molly ducks under, Rhiannon bounces off the ropes but Jaci nails a kick to the back causing her to stagger towards Molly who flattens her with a spinning heel kick. Molly laughes at at her foe before climbing the turnbuckle and leaping off with a five star frog splash that drives the air out of Rhiannon.

Rick - Molly crushed her like a pancake!

Matt - This is not looking good for Diana's team right now.

Molly tags Jaci back in and runs twards Diana's side just as she got back to her corner and nails a spinning heel kick right to the forehead causing Diana to fall out of the ring. Molly taughts Diana while Jaci just shakes her head and picks Rhiannon, then she drives her back down with the Sovereign Siren.

Rick - Sovereign Siren this could be it.

Matt - I don't think Rhiannon can kick out of this.

Jaci makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here are your winners, the team of Molly Reid and Jaci Sovereign!

Rick - Diana tried to carry her team to victory but found these two girls to be more trouble then they are worth.

Matt - Also didn't really help that her partner was for the most part completly helpless.

Rick - Well at any rate, to the victor go the spoils for this week.

Molly and Jaci have their hands raised by the ref, they pose for the crowd the camera cuts away and we take a break.

Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The show comes back from commercial to show Corey Casey, who is sitting behind his desk in his office. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door, causing Corey Casey to look up

Corey Casey
Come in

The door inches open and Rick Christian walks into Corey Casey’s office

Rick Christian
You wanted to see me?

A cold smile appears on Corey Casey’s face as he stares at Rick Christian

Corey Casey
You remember how, when I came back and joined Upper Limit all those months ago, I told you that I would get my revenge on you? Remember how you tried to make my life a living hell? Well Rick, it’s time for me to turn the tide…because Rick Christian, you’re fucking fired

Rick Christian
No…

Corey Casey laughs coldly

Corey Casey
Oh yes

Rick Christian looks panicked as he stares at Corey Casey

Rick Christian
Who is going to take my place?!

Johnny Electric suddenly walks into Corey Casey’s office

Johnny Electric
You wanted to see me, Mr. Casey?

Johnny and Rick exchange an awkward glance at each other before turning their attention to Corey Casey

Corey Casey
Rick…meet your replacement

Johnny Electric turns and faces Rick

Johnny Electric
Rick…I’m so sorry…

Rick Christian looks first at Johnny Electric then back at Corey Casey

Rick Christian
Fuck you, Casey

Rick Christian glances once more at Johnny Electric before turning and storming out of the room. The show then fades to commercial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 pm

The cameras come back from commercial to show the Empire's locker room, where Corey and Alexander Remington are present. Corey paces back and forth in the Empire locker room, thinking hard.

Alexander Remington
Your WIFE?!

Corey continues pacing for a bit before answering.

Corey Casey
This isn't right. There's something fishy going on here.

Alexander Remington
I figured that would be obvious.

Corey Casey
Jessica hates wrestling. She hates violence. She has no experience running something like this....she can't be coming up with these ideas on her own.

Alexander Remington
Chuck, then.

Corey Casey
Obviously. But how? Why?

Alexander Remington
Can we worry about your relationship problems later? Whatever her reasons, she's here, she's in charge, and she apparently has the full support of the IWF Board of Directors...which she attained without the CHAIRMAN knowing a damn thing about it. Tell me, how exactly did you let THAT one slip through?

Corey Casey
That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Alexander Remington
So what are we going to do about this little Siege Perilous thing she's planning?

Corey Casey
I'm still the chairman. I still have power. I can still make matches...

Corey snatches a slip of paper off the table. He nods slowly.

Corey Casey
So...it's simple. We ensure that the Empire wins this tournament thing...ensure that whoever lasts can't beat this chosen one of Jessica's. They lose, they will never even get close to your title.

Alexander Remington
So what are you going to do?

Corey Casey
Ruby is scheduled against Gordon Fury tonight. Phil is up against John Tolly. Blyss is taking on Johnny Cage...

Alexander Remington
Perfect. That's three easy Empire wins right there. Three down, one to go.

Corey shakes his head.

Corey Casey
They had to have planned this. They know something we don't...no...we're going to make some changes.

The door opens, and Blyss Lockhart walks in.

Blyss Lockhart
Corey, I want to talk to you about Ru-

Corey Casey
Perfect! Blyss, my dear, there's going to be a slight change.

Blyss Lockhart
Great! Because I've been thinking, and I think Rub-

Corey Casey
I'm going to change your match for tonight. You're going to be fighting Philip Joseph.

Blyss looks at Corey, confused.

Blyss Lockhart
Huh?

Corey Casey
I need you to take one for the team tonight, Blyss. We need to ensure that an Empire member wins this thing, so I need you to step aside and let Philip advance to the next round.

Blyss Lockhart
But I-

Corey Casey
Great! Ruby will take on Cage. You go and get ready for your match against Phil.

Blyss opens her mouth to argue, but Corey has already turned his attention back to Remington. She sighs, and leaves the locker room. She gently closes the door, and turns around, only to gasp in surprise.

Blyss Lockhart
Jesus...what do you want now?

The camera pans out to show Chuck Matthews, leaning against the wall, just outside the locker room. He gives her a light smile.

Chuck Matthews
Nothing at all.

He brushes past her, stopping for a split second to hiss in her ear.

Chuck Matthews
But how many of my predictions have to pan out before you give me a call?

He gives her a wink and walks away, leaving Blyss looking frustrated and confused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts back to the ring as Heather prepares to announce the next match.

Heather Thompson – The following contest is the second match in round one of the Siege Perilous tournament

"Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Deadman starts up and dark red lights come together to form one large circle at the top of the entrance ramp. The crowd begins booing as Ruby steps out from the back, a seductive smirk on her face as she looks around at the crowd. Once she spots a couple, she walks down the ramp and towards the couple, grabbing the guy and giving him a large kiss, wiping her mouth when she's done. Before she walks off, she gives the guy a wink and waves at the guy's woman.

Heather Thompson – Introducing first, representing The Empire, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, weighing in at 119 pounds... Ruby Wiiiinnnntteeerrrrssss!

Johnny - Holy crap, Ruby is hot! She puts a high voltage in my pants!

Matt - Tell her that to her face and you'll get knocked out Johnny. Trust me, I know.

She continues her way down the ramp, the dark red lights following her, and she slides into the ring under the bottom rope. Once in the ring, Ruby stands in the center of the ring and winks at the camera before giving a seductive smirk and going over to a corner of the ring to wait for the match start. Her theme fades out and the lights dim as "Prepare Yourself" by the Immortals begins to play. The stage light reveal a swirl of greens and blues, as Johnny Cage and Becky Valiant come out from behind the curtain. Cage walks down, wearing his sunglasses and a serious demeanour. Becky walks down grinning and getting the crowd pumped up.

Heather Thompson – And her opponent, from Hollywood, California, weighing in at 235 pounds... Johnny Caaaaaaagggeeee!

Johnny - I like this guys name, such a manly name. Time for him to test his might!

Matt - Stick to the electric puns Johnny, you are better at them.

When they reach the ring, Cage jogs up the ring steps and walks halfway down the apron. He finally grins at the audience and a smirk crosses his face as he hops into the ring between the second and top rope. Johnny then holds the second and bottom rope for Becky, as she then enters the ring.

Johnny Cage goes over to the ropes and pulls down on the top rope, stretching out. Becky continues to amp out the crowd, showcasing Johnny Cage.

Siege Perilous Round One
Ruby Winters [vs.] Johnny Cage

Johnny walks to the center of the ring ready to fight, but Ruby just smiles at him, as she seductively walks into the center of the ring to meet him. Becky is not happy with how Johnny is reacting to this and shouts at him to cut it out. Johnny turns to Becky and tells her to calm down, but as he turns back to Ruby, she smashes him right in the chin with the Beauty Sleep!

Matt – Holy shit! First move of the match and Ruby just knocked Johnny out!

Johnny – What a shocking turn of events!

Ruby casually covers Johnny by lying on him, her boobs right in his face as she blows a kiss at becky, and she doesn't like it one bit.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner... Ruby Wiinnnnnnteeerrrsssss!

“Bad Girlfriend” by Theory of a Deadman plays again as Ruby casually gets off Johnny, the ref raising her hand to the boos of the crowd.

Johnny – This match was over as quick as a flash! Ruby sure knows how to use what she has to her advantage.

Matt – No doubt Johnny. With this win, and the fact that one of the remaining matches is Empire versus Empire, it is guaranteed that three of the four people heading to the next round with be representing Corey Casey's faction. This isn't a good start for Jessica.

Ruby blows a sarcastic kiss at the fans as she leaves the ring, the cameras cut away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cameras cut to Gordon Fury walking through the backstage area, only partly paying attention to where he is going as he wrapping his hands in tape. Suddenly a voice is heard off screen

?: Fury!

Gordon turns around with a puzzled look on his face, as Phillip Joseph walks into shot.

Gordon Fury
Well if it isn't Phillip Joseph! How is my resident punching bag doing these days? Last time we met you were the one with the title. How things change huh?

Phillip balls up his fists and gets right in Gordon's face, Gordon still smirking at him.

Phillip Joseph
You listen here Fury, your days are numbered. The Empire is going to cut off the head of your career and display it for all to see. I hope you win tonight Gordon, so that I can be the one to take your fucking head off. Good luck tonight.

Phillip turns around and walks out of shot.

Gordon Fury
Why do people always sound so insencere when they wish me luck?

Gordon shurgs before walking out of shot, the cameras cutting to commercial.
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Heather Thompson - The following contest is a triple threat match is scheduled for one fall!

“Kryptonite” By Three Doors Down begins playing as flames shoot up from the entrance ramp. The camera searches the arena looking for the Uncanny Inferno finagling spotting him in the rafters. Raising his hands to the crowd he zip lines to the ring throwing out copies of his mask to the crowd.
Finally landing in the Ring.

Heather Thompson – Introducing first, from Small Town, USA, weighing in at 235 pounds... The Uncanny Innnnffeerrrrnnnoooo!

Johnny – What a shocking entrance there for The Uncanny Inferno!

Matt – lets see if he is as good in the ring for his first match here tonight.

He strikes a superhero pose and then moves to each of the turnbuckles striking a new pose for the crowd. Finally he stands in the middle of the ring and waits for his opponent as his theme fades out.

“Well, life on the farm is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country boy like me can't hack
It's early to rise, early in the sack
Thank God, I'm A Country Boy!

Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm
A raisin' me a family and workin' on a farm
My days are all filled with an easy country charm
Thank God I'm a Country Boy!

Well, I got me a fine wife, I got me old fiddle
When the sun's comin' up I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle,
Thank God I’m a Country Boy!

YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!”

The fans burst into cheers as ‘Big’ Farmer Dick bursts through the entrance curtain, struttin’ to his own music. In his hands he holds his prize winning cock Tessy as he walks to the ring.

Heather Thompson – And the opponent, from The Happy Dick Farm, weighing in at 312 pounds... Farmer Diiiiiick!

Johnny – ummm... I can't even make a joke about this guy. How...?

Matt – I know Johnny, I know.

He tucks his cock under his arm as he claps hands with the fans with his free one. He walks the entirety of the ring, clapping hands and shaking hands with fans before handing his cock Tessy to a stage hand to hold. He stomps up the stairs, stepping over the top rope, marching around the ring before settling into the corner to await the match. His theme fades out as the beginning of "Smile" by Slim Thug hits and as the vocals start, Desmond comes out from behind the curtain. He's got a pair of sunglasses on, an unbuttoned Gucci shirt and track pants on. He bounces around at the top of the entrance ramp before strutting down to the ring.

Heather Thompson – and the final competitor, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing in at 244 pounds... “The A.S.S” Desmond Yoooouuuunnnggggg!

Matt – Desmond was so close to winning that contenders match at Rising Monarchy, you have to think he is really ready for a win.

Johnny – There is some high voltage intensity coming from this man right now, he is ready to bust some heads!

He gets a bit of a running start and leaps up onto the ring apron, before stepping through the ropes and entering the ring. He bounces around in the ring a little bit before ripping off the track pants and removing the shirt and glasses, getting ready for the match.

Farmer Dick [vs.] Desmond Young [vs.] The Uncanny Inferno

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Without warning Desmond charges at Dick and starts raining punches down on his face, trying to knock the big man off balance. Dick however is not going to have any of it, as he pushes Desmond off him with authority. As Desmond goes to move back in, Inferno decks him with a running clothesline, and Desmond rolls out of the ring. Dick and Inferno come face to face, and with a smile Dick offers his hand, and Inferno accepts. They go for a collar and elbow tie-up, Dick immediately gets the better of it, shoving Inferno across the ring. Inferno sprints at Dick and jumps in the air for a flying forearm smash, which makes Dick take a step to stabilize himself. Inferno runs back to the ropes and comes back at Dick, staggering him again with a flying clothesline, but Dick still stays on his feet.

Johnny – The Dick just won't go down!

Matt – I'm not saying a word.

He goes back one more time and goes for a springboard crossbody, but Dick catches him, before throwing him over his head with a fall-away slam. Dick hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

Inferno kicks out. Dick picks him up and raises him into a military press, before letting him go and stepping forward, sending him crashing to the mat. He walks back to Inferno, but as he does Desmond grabs his foot, but to no effect. Dick reaches down and grabs Desmond by his head, pulling him onto the apron. Desmond immediately grabs the head of Dick and whiplashes his neck on the top rope, causing him to turn around, and sending him stumbling back.

Johnny – He just pulled down hard on the Dick's head!

Matt – Must...resist...

Inferno is quick to capitalise as he springboards off the ropes into a backflip, coming back down into a front face lock position, before driving Dick into the canvas with a DDT! Inferno hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

Suddenly Desmond springboards over the top rope as well, landing on Inferno with a flying elbow drop, breaking up the pin. He quickly pulls Inferno off the pin, before throwing a series of elbow shots into his face. He then grabs Inferno and nails him with a T-bone suplex. Instead of going for the pin straight away, he stand up and taunts him, and the crowd boos him. He then shouts out at the crowd.

Desmond Young
Look at this piece of shit! He is nothing! He can kiss my ASS!

He then drops down on Inferno for the cover.

-1-

-2-

But again Inferno kicks out.

Johnny – This Inferno is truly electrifying! He is taking everything these men can dish out, but won't stay down!

Desmond does not look happy, and slaps Inferno upside the head as he rises. He then hooks him up for The Adrenaline Rush, but as he lifts him up, Inferno fights out of it, and shoves him right into the risen Dick, who grabs Desmond by the throat, before nailing him with a huge chokeslam. Inferno uses the distraction as he chop blocks the back of Dick's left leg, before blasting him in the face with a super kick, following it up with an implant hurricanrana, again smacking Dick's head into the canvas. Inferno doesn't let up though, as he springboards off the ropes into a moonsault on Desmond, before uses the reverse momentum to back up before nailing Desmond dead on with a running Shooting star press, immediately going for the cover.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Matt – NO! Desmond kicked out just before 3!

Johnny – This guys is going haywire! Just jumping all over the place!

He then picks up Desmond and puts him in the powerbomb postion. He jumps for The Melt Down, but Desmond quickly reaches out with his left hand, grabbing the middle rope, managing to turn the move into a back body drop. Desmond charges at him and knocks him down with a clothesline. Inferno uses the ropes to get back to his feet, and Desmond charges at him again, but Inferno gets low and backdrops Desmond over the top, but Desmond lands on the apron. Dick is now back on his feet and charges at Inferno, but Inferno moves at the last second, and just before Dick is about to knock Desmond off the apron, Desmond rakes Dick's eyes, before jumping into a hurricanrana, trying to get Dick over the top rope. Desmond's plan is failing as Dick starts to lift Desmond up, and Inferno comes in behind Dick and lifts his lefts out from under him, sending him over the top rope and onto the floor.

Matt – They finally got the big man off of his feet!

Inferno grabs Desmond in a front facelock, and tries to suplex him into the ring, but as he gets him up, Desmond throws a knee to the skull, falling down behind Inferno. Before Inferno can turn around, Desmond drops to his knees and nails a viscous low blow!

Matt – What a nut shot! And this is triple threat rules, which means no disqualifications. The ref just has to let this one play out!

Inferno drops straight to his knees in pain, before Desmond turns him around and hooks him up, before picking him and driving him down into the mat with The Adrenaline Rush!

Johnny – Adrenaline Rush connects! The pin!

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here is you winner, “The A.S.S” Desmond Yooouuuunnngggg!

The ref raises Desmond's hand in victory as the scene fades to black

Last edited by Gordon Fury on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

The caemra cuts to Jessica Matthews's office, where the woman herself is looking over a file. Her office door opens, before Chuck Matthews walks in.

Jessica Matthews
This Gordon Fury. He is one who you were talking about?

Chuck Matthews
Indeed. He is definitely the man you are looking for.

Jessica studies the file for a couple more seconds before closing it.

Jessica Matthews
I want to meet him.

Chuck Matthews
Done.

Chuck turns around with a sly smile on his face,as if he knew what she was going to say. Chuck leaves the office as the scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Heather Thompson – The following match is a round 1 bout of the Siege Perilous tournament and is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring first…

Blind starts up as the light flash in time with the music, pyro goes off as the are you ready hits....the words FRANCHISE flashes across the screen as John Tolly makes his way down to the ring, he sneers at the crowd as he saunters down the ramp. As he slides into the ring before posing in the ring

Heather Thompson – He hails from Champaign Illinois, weighing in at two hundred and forty pounds, he is the Franchise John Tolly!

The native Philly crowd starts booing the man as the opening double kick drums and guitar riffs of “Honest Eyes” by Black Tide blast through the arena speakers and the fans all get on their feet in anticipation. As the intensity increases at the second intro riff, the fans cheer loudly as Gordon Fury walks through the entrance curtain, High Impact title draped over his left shoulder. He flicks his hood back and riles up the fans from the stage, getting an even louder response.

"HATE!"

On that word Gordon fist pumps out in front of him, queuing a blast of pyro from behind him.

"I'm filled with hate,
And you will regret!
How did I get so lost?"

"FIGHT!
I’ll win this fight,
Pull Myself out!
Save myself at all cost!"

Gordon pulls the title off his shoulder with his right hand and holds it as he slaps hands with the fans on his way down the ramp, constantly on the move, going to both sides of the ramp.

Heather Thompson – And his opponent, from Mackay, Australia, weighing in at two hundred and ten pounds, he is the current IWF High Impact Champion... Gordon Fuuuuurrrrrryyy!

"Give me my,
My life back!
I will take what’s gone..."

Gordon gets to the ring and climbs the ring steps, before stepping onto the apron, turning so that he is facing away from the ring.

"How?
How'd we come this far?
Why did we survive?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon turns and leaps in one motion, landing straight on the second turnbuckle. He then hoists the High Impact title high in the air, causing an uproar of cheers.

"Where did we go wrong?
What did we not see?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon then leaps off the turnbuckle and goes across the ring to the opposite corner, jumping up to the second turnbuckle, and riling up the fans again by holding the title up in the air. He jumps down from the turnbuckle and hands the High Impact Championship to the ring announcer before taking off his hoodie and throwing it into the crowd. He then measures Tolly as the song fades out.

Matt – This is our third Siege Perilous match of the night. So far we have seen just how important these matches are to the competitors, I expect both men to go all.

Johnny – Personally, I would be shocked to see anything less

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Siege Perilous Round One
Gordon Fury [vs.] John Tolly

Both men come out swinging Gordon hitting a flurry of rights right off the bat, not wasting a second of time. John is able to cover up for the most part, turning them into glancing blows and is able to prevent Gordon from mounting anything further with a knee lift, doubling the High Impact champion over. Tolly quickly synchs in a front chancery and rotates out to the right, drilling Gordon down to the ring with a swinging neck breaker. Tolly seems rather impressed with himself, which lasts all of three seconds as Gordon is able to sweep his right leg out and catch Tolly off guard, knocking him on his ass Gordon kips up to the delight of the Philly crowd. John gets up quickly and is knocked right back down with a jumping back heel kick! Again John falls, but to his credit he fights back up only to eat a spinning back fist in the face. Dazed, John is helpess to protect himself from Gordon’s Jumping Muai Thai knee to the head! The crowd is cheering as Gordon goes out on the apron, waiving his hands up to get the crowd into it. John struggles to his feet, not seeing where Fury is. By the time he spots him, Gordon is already in the air and coming down, connecting with a Springboard flying forearm smash!

Matt – Gordon Fury wasting no time at all, you can just feel the electricity of the crowd getting behind him.

Johnny – Hey, that’s my line!

Gordon measured Tolly as he fights just to remain vertical, but he just doesn’t have the wherewithal to escape as Fury lifts him up, Tolly’s back against Fury’s shoulders. Gordon screams out and lifts Tolly off, driving him, backwards, right into his knee!

Matt – Gordon hits the Skyfall Guillotine!

Johnny – He just pulled the plug on John’s chances of winning!

Hooking the outside leg, Gordon goes for the cover

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

The crowd erupts as Gordon gets off Tolly, having his hand raised by the referee.

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner….Gordon Fury!

Matt – Gordon advances into round 2 Johnny, only one more match to see

Johnny – And it’s Empire vs Empire! After Rising Monarch, Blyss has had some friction with her fellow Empire members, to say the least!

With the crowd still cheering for Gordon in the ring, we cut backstage

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts backstage to show Flex Johnson getting ready for his upcoming match with Jacob Figgins, the number one contender for the Uprising championship. We hear a knock at the door, Flex not even looking up replies.

Flex Johnson
It’s open

In walks Damien Drake, just the sight of him warrants a harsh booing from the crowd in the arena. He ignores it as he approaches Flex, a semblance of a smile on his face.

Damien Drake
Hey Flex, you got a second?

Flex Johnson
What do you want? I’ve got a match to get to

Damien Drake
This won’t take a minute, I swear. I just got out of a meeting with the guys and I want to let you know that we have, on a tentative basis, to allow you to join the Empire! How exciting is that?

Flex Johnson
Pass

Damien Drake
Pass? I don’t think you understand what kind of a great deal this will be for you.

Flex Johnson
Let me stop you right there. I’m my own man Damien, I don’t need a good squad to help me win my matches. I’ve been in this business long enough to know that I can look out for myself just fine. You can go tell that to Casey if you want.

Damien Drake
I don’t want you to make any rash decisions on this Flex, why don’t you take a few minutes to think this over, we can talk after your match. With the way IWF is right now, it’s a kill or be killed environment and the predators that hunt in packs are safer than those who fly solo, if you get my meaning.

Flex Johnson
Listen man, I get where you’re coming from, but I’m still not interested. I’m going to go about being my own man like I always have, now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a match to win…on my own.

Flex brushes past Damien on his way out of the locker room, prompting a response from Drake

Damien Drake
Do what you want man, but I promise you’ll regret this decision.

Flex pauses to contemplate that statement for a second before walking out, heading out to the ring for his match leaving Damien standing alone in the room, glaring at the now closed door.

Last edited by Gordon Fury on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Heather Thompson - The following match is a round 1 bout of the Siege Perilous tournament and is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring first…

"Evacuation Code Deciphered" Blasts onto the P.A. system when Figgy appears from behind the entrance curtain. He looks left to right then over his back, hoping the FBI isn't following him

Heather Thompson - Making his way to the ring...

Jumping onto a nearby barricade, he throws off his hood to reveal his features. Figgy proceeds to slap hands with nearby fans. Finally traveling toward the ring he takes the time to jump onto the other barricade and exchange with more fans. Before finally tossing off his hoody and casting it into the crowd

Heather Thompson - He weighs in tonight at two hundred and thirty five pounds and hails from Kansas City, Missouri.
Figgy hops off the barricade making a mad dash for the ring. Hopping onto the barricade, he hooks as arm about the top rope. His free arm pumping a fist into the air. Hooking both arms about the top rope, Figgy leans back far, flipping himself into the ring. Quickly hopping onto a turnbuckle to flail his head about

Heather Thompson - He is the "Next Conspiracy" JACOB FIIIGINNNNS

Hopping off he lands in the center of the ring, bouncing on his feet while awaiting Flex’s arrival.

Matt – Interesting words exchanged between Damien and Flex backstage Johnny

Johnny – It’s certainly sparked my interest Matt!

Heather Thompson- And his opponent, from Las Angeles via Harlem, New York. Weighing in at two-hundred and ten pounds…Flex Johnson!

“Brand New Guy” begins to blare over the speakers. Smoke slowly begins to fill the stage. After a few moments, Flex Johnson walks out and looks out at the crowd. He walks slowly down the ramp. Flex circles the ring one time, and then rolls into the ring. He walks over to the near turn buckle and raises his hands.

Matt – With Jacob winning his match at Rising Monarchy we know he will be the next challenger for the Uprising Championship, we just don’t know when that will be. He will look to build momentum here tonight Johnny.

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Flex Johnson [vs.] Jacob Figgins

Jacob and Flex meet in the center of the ring, locking up with a classic collar and elbow tie-up. Figgins is able to use his size advantage to muster a side headlock, wrenching on the side of Johnson’s head. Flex is able to push Jacob off towards and ropes and catches him on the way back with an arm drag. Jacob flips over Flex’s body and hits the mat, only to find himself in an arm bar. Figgins gets to a knee quickly, rising up to his feet and goes for a stiff clothesline with his free hand, but Flex is able to duck and lift Jacob off the mat, slamming him down hard. Flex goes for the first cover of the match.

-1-

-2-

Jacob is able to kick out here

Matt – Flex is coming out strong here Johnny, he really wants to prove himself after those comments he had with Damien earlier

Johnny – Oh for sure Matt, he’s off to a lightning quick start

Jacob is getting back to his feet at this point where he’s me with a stiff chop from Flex, followed by a second one. Jacob backs up to a corner where he’s hit a third time, the camera zooms in a bit on his reddening chest. There are some “Whoo”s from the Philly crowd, even though they don’t really care for Flex. Johnson grips Jacob’s arm and twists it, pulling him in quickly and connecting with a clothesline with his free arm! Feeling the momentum, Flex picks up Jacob and wraps his arms around his Figgins’ torso, lifting him off the mat with a Northern Lights suplex!

-1-

-2-

Jacob kicks out again

Matt – Jacob is going to need to get something going here Johnny

Johnny – So far he’s been pretty grounded

Even though Jacob was able to kick out at 2, it was still Flex in control of the bout. Both men got to their feet, Johnson moving quicker of the two and as Figgy turns around, Flex goes for a quick kick, but Jacob catches his foot. A small grin forms over Figgins’ face, but it quickly vanishes when Flex jumps in the air and connects with an enziguri! Jacob goes to the mat holding his head and Flex goes out o the apron. He climbs to the top turnbuckle, measuring Jacob. Flex leaps off going for a frog splash, but all he gets is knees to the gut! The crowd cheers as Jacob was able to counter the high risk attack, now they had to rally behind him. With both men down on the mat, the count was on.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Jacob was the first to roll over on his stomach, starting to get to his feet. Flex was still clutching his rib cage, but he too started getting up.

-5-

-6-

Matt – Looks like it will be Jacob to get up first!

And he was, imagine that. With Jacob up first, he grabbed Flex and pulls him in for a snap DDT. The crowd cheers as Figgins is starting to build up momentum now. Jacob picks Johnson up and sends him out at the ropes, catching him on the rebound with a power slam! The crowd chees out as Jacob gets up, pumping up the crowd. Flex starts getting to his feet, but Figgins hooks Flex’s arm around his own neck, then snaps back, driving Johnson onto his head with a suplex, connecting with his ‘Another New Crisis’! Jacob goes for the cover here

-1-

-2-

No! Flex is able to get the shoulder up here. Not to be deterred, Jacob quickly picks up Flex and whips him hard into the near corner, dashing in and following up with a deep shoulder thrust. Jacob hoists Flex up on top in a perched position, climbing up to the middle rope with him. The crowd starts cheering in anticipation as Figgins’ hooks Flex’s head and lifts him up, all the over his body with a superplex to the forty year old Flex Johnson! The Philly crowd pops here as Jacob gets to his feet rather than go for a cover, he starts hitting his forearm, signalling for another of his signature moves.

Matt – Looks like Jacob wants to set Flex up for his Small Spark of Revolution

Johnny – That’s my favourite move!

Jacob stomps his foot to get the crowd behind him, Flex starting to get up. Jacob lunges in for his jawbreaker lariat, but Flex ducks it! Jacob spins slightly with the force of the move and he gets lifted up onto Flex’s shoulders…

Matt – Flex has him up for an Electric Chair!

Johnny – That’s my favourite move too!

Having experience with the electric chair though, Jacob knows to connect with a straight right hand down to Johnson’s skull and slide down the back, which he does beautifully, and as soon as he lands on his feet, he goes into his own electric chair, lifting up Flex this time and seamlessly transitioning into a German Suplex! Crisis Averted indeed!

Matt – An Electric Chair into a German Suplex, quite impressive!

Johnny – That’s my…

Matt – Yes, we know that’s your favourite move

Jacob hooks the outside leg as the count is done

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

The crowd erupts as Jacob gets off Flex, having his hand raised by the referee.

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner….Jacob Figgins!

His music plays throughout the arena as he stands on the middle rope, raising his hands in the air. It’s from this position that he spots walking down the ramp Damien Drake with an exaggerated frown on his face. Not knowing if other Empire members are on the way, Jacob gets out of the ring and goes through the Philly crowd to celebrate his victory some more. Drake doesn’t seem to mind as he walks up the steps and gets in the ring, looking down at Flex who is still laying on the mat, obviously in pain.

Matt – What’s Damien doing here? He has nothing to do with this match

Johnny – Perhaps he’s going to make the same offer again, you know how forgiving Corey Casey can be.

Damien walks over and demands a microphone from Heather who doesn’t want any trouble so she hands it to him. The crowd is booing more, Figgins’ music dying out so Damien can speak.

Damien Drake
Funny, it was just ten minutes ago that I was in your locker room Flex giving you the chance of a lifetime, easily a dream for anyone on this roster for the opportunity to work with myself, Alexander Remington and everyone else inside the Empire, but you decided to spit in our face instead. Now you’ll all agree that the Empire has been more than fair with Flex Johnson here, but we can’t accept the disrespect that he showed us earlier, and so we must make an example of Flex and destroy him here in the Insurgency Wrestling Federation!

By this time, Flex is starting to get up, realizing he’s in trouble; he lunges at Damien for a right hand but Drake is able to block the strike and pull Flex in, lifting him up on his shoulders, walking around the ring for a bit and dropping him straight down on the mat!

Johnny – The Move of a Thousand Maniacs, Drake just flipped the switch on Flex’s execution here.

Matt – We need to get doctors out here for Flex

A team of referees and medical staff come out from the back, ushering Damien back who puts his hands up innocently, a smirk on his face having accomplished his goal. The training staff look over Flex as we fade out, the crowd still telling Damien how much they hate him.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm

--------------------------------------------

The show comes back from commercial to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson – This match is scheduled for one fall!

The arena dims and as the music starts, lights start flashing on and off like crazy all over the place until the vocals kick in and the lights go to normal with Blyss popping out of the curtains and jogs down the ramp.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Chicago, IL weighing 120 pounds, Blyss Lockhart!

She yells at the crowd to get them pumped and hops onto the apron, hanging off the rope with one hand as she poses for the crowd/camera. Then she jumps over the ropes and runs up the turnbuckle, bending down and then slowly straightens herself just as the music screams “I won’t bow to weakness!” She smiles and poses before jumping back down and waits for her opponent.

Heather Thompson - And from Hollywood weighing 205 pounds, Philip Joseph!

Enemy by Fozzy plays as Philip Joseph walks in champagne bottle in one hand and a lovely looking girl in the other as he hands her the champagne then gets a kiss for good luck. He enters the ring and removes his shirt showing off his upper body as he waits for his opponent.

Matt - With two Empire members here set to face off against each other the tension is running high.

Johnny - Neither Phillip Joseph or Blyss Lockhart were pleased with the announcement of this match tonight. Taking to twitter to voice their displeasures.

[Ding Ding Ding]

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Phillip Joseph

With the sound of the bell both competitors stare at each other inventively. Blyss extends her hand offering good faith and good luck in the matchup…a sign of respect so to say.

Matt - Blyss showing her ally a little respect.

Johnny - The Empire is full of respectful people that’s why.

Matt - The Empire…respectful…ya sure.

The lights in the arena, one by one slowly fade off until the entire arena sits pitch black. Tonight’s turn out is great, the arena is nearly jam packed with maybe the greatest wrestling fans ever seen to date. A buzz falls over the crowd as we sit there...waiting. Finally the lights along the tron pulsate as static begins to flow from the speakers. The static is quickly ended by the pulsating intro of music.

“How did it come to this?
A bitter taste is all I’m left with
I’m losing all of my patience.”

“GNF” by Like Moths to Flames blares with every pulse of the song's intro, a series of bright blinding white lights flash in time. Violently, the song’s pulsating intro kicks into the hammering of guitars as wind and smoke chaotically collect, swirl and clash on the entrance stage until it engulfs the entire stage whole. Every light in the arena slowly fade off except the red “exit” signs.

Matt - What the hell is Axle Vengeance doing out here?

Johnny - Your guess is as good as mine.

The energy of the crowd is amazing. The lights flicker off, as the strobe lights continue to flicker throughout the arena. Axle Vengeance rips through the curtain...he stands on stage before he looks left and right and stalks down to the ring in a VERY confident manner. He stares into the distance. The fans in the front row reach out and touch Axle as he walks past them paying no mind.

Matt - Well he’s making his way over to the announce table here. Maybe we’ll catch a word from him.

Johnny - You ask him, I’m scared.

Vengeance strolls over to the announce both nodding to Joseph as he sits down grabbing a headset dressed in his ring attire with an HFF zip up hoody covering his tattoos and the hood covering his long locks.

Matt - Axle Vengeance to what do we owe the pleasure?

Axle - Well you know Matt Phillip Joseph came to me last week asking for my help. If I’m going to mentor another person I need to make sure they’re worthy of my knowledge.

Johnny - Hi Axle.

Axle - Who the fuck are you?

Johnny frowns tapping his pen obviously nervous and feeling embarrassed. Back in the ring Phillip reluctantly shakes Blyss’ hand. Catching her off guard Phillip pulls her in close hitting her with a German suplex. Hooking her leg after the impact of the suplex Joseph goes for the early pin.

1…

2…

KICKOUT!

Matt - Wow close call for Blyss right out of the gates here. She looked surprised at Phillip taking charge like that.

Johnny - It’s a match they’re out there to compete tonight. Both stars wanting that win.

Axle - That’s what I was telling Phillip, do what you can to win and no matter who you’re facing you leave nothing left to be desired out there.

Phillip releases Blyss leg backing up to a mutual corner fake yawning as if he’s already bored with her. The crowd boos and Phillip pays them no attention. With his hand he raises it wishing for Blyss to hurry up and rise to her feet. Blyss stands up and both competitors are back to square one. They tie it up in the center of the ring and Phillip grabs a hold of Blyss with a side headlock wrenching on her neck. Throwing his free hand up Phillip urges the crowd to boo louder giving them an “I can’t hear you” gesture. Whipping Blyss against the ropes Phillip goes to decapitate Blyss’ head missing as she ducks bouncing off the opposite ropes charging towards him. Joseph grabs Blyss looking to nail her with a tilt-a-whirl slam. With her fast cat like quickness Blyss counters the maneuver hitting a tornado DDT on Joseph planting him head first in the ring.

Matt - Beautiful COUNTER!

Johnny - That’s not the only thing beautiful in the ring Matty…would you look at her ti…

Matt - Tenacity! Yes she is quite tenacious.

Axle - I think he was talking about her tits, which I agree. Matt don’t be a pussy.

Blyss climbs up the top rope swinging her hand around signaling that she’s about to take flight. She blows a kiss…

Matt - You know what that means. This could be the Blyzzard!

Axle - Blyzzard? Good thing I have my jacket.

Leaping off of the top rope Phillip springs up to his feet smashing Blyss’ face on his knees with a double knee facebreaker.

Johnny - That was one HELL of a move!

Matt - Excellent strategy playing possum from young Phillip Joseph.

Johnny - Maybe the Axle Vengeance lessons have paid off.

Axle - I don’t give lessons. But yes that was a great move. Phillip looks like he’s ready to counter everything she throws at him. You know I’ve never lost to a woman.

Matt - But what about…

Axle - What about what? That’s what I thought shut the fuck up and call the match Matthew.

Stepping back into the corner Phillip claps with a cocky grin plastered on his face. The crowd boos loudly as he wipes his feet on the apron. Crouching down awaiting Blyss to stand up he charges towards her as she’s mid-stance and turning towards him.

Matt - Phillip Joseph looking to finish it here.

Axle - End it now Phillip I have better things I need to focus on.

Blyss slides out of harms way once more hitting Phillip with a drop toe hold. She quickly advances her position and locks up Joseph’s leg and chin. She’s got him locked in an inverted STF.

Johnny - Oh SWEET BLISS!

Axle - Keep your pants on derp. No need to profess your love here and now.

Matt - I think he’s talking about the name of the hold here Axle. She’s got it locked in tight too. Phillip could tap any moment.

As Phillip struggles reaching for the ropes he holds his hand out refusing to tap. Inching his way closer his arm is almost able to reach out and grab the bottom rope.

Matt - If he doesn’t tap he’s going to be in much worse shape.

Axle - Fuck that…

With that Axle stands up from the announce booth and walks over to the ring apron staring Phillip in the face waving his arm telling Phillip to push harder and get that rope. Just as Axle starts to yell Phillip grabs the bottom rope.

Matt - I thought Axle was about to get involved in the match!

The ref breaks up the hold and Blyss stands up looking down on Joseph. Pushing her back the ref gives Blyss a talking to. With the ref’s back to him Axle hands something to Phillip. Axle walks back over to the announcers booth placing the headset back on once more.

Johnny - Hey I saw that.

Axle - You saw NOTHING.

Johnny - Sorry…

As Blyss pushes the ref out of the way going to pick Phillip back up and finish him off Phillip cocks back and rocks her HARD in the jaw with a VICIOUS right handed punch leveling Blyss. The sound of the punch echoed through the arena as fans cringed and oohed. A knocked out Blyss lying flat in the ring as Phillip makes the cover.

1…

2…

3…

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner by pinfall…PHILLIP JOSEPH!!!

Axle - I only deal with winners gentlemen. Watch out for big things from Phillip Joseph in 2013. Maybe not as BIG things as Axle Vengeance but believe me the kids got potential.

Matt - Is that why you decided to give the assist tonight?

Axle - Assist? Matt everyone talks about me being drug tested 24/7 I think you my friend are HIGH out of your skull.

Johnny - But I…

Axle - Are we playing this game again? Shut the fuck up.

Johnny - Yes sir…

Vengeance points to Phillip in the ring as the referee is raising his arm. Joseph stands victorious as Vengeance claps in approval.

Axle - CLAP! Clap your fucking hands!

Both Matt and Johnny reluctantly clap after being chastised by Vengeance. Axle looks down at them as he stands there clapping.

Axle - That’s what I wanna see from the both of you after Ace and I win the tag team championship. Except I want you both standing up. If you don’t we’ll be sure to have a chat afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica Matthews sits in her new GM's office, setting up flowerpots and pictures and making the space her own. There's a knock at the door.

Jessica Matthews
Come in!

Eric Steel steps in. Jessica retreats behind the desk.

Eric Steel
Relax. I'm here to talk.

Jessica frowns, but sits at her desk.

Jessica Matthews
You're one of Corey's boys.

Eric opens his mouth, but shrugs.

Eric Steel
I decided I should see what the other side can offer me.

Jessica smiles warmly.

Jessica Matthews
Fair enough. What can I do for you?

Eric Steel
I want a shot at the Uprising Championship.

Jessica nods slowly.

Eric Steel
Your husband wants to give the shot to someone else.

Jessica stares at him.

Eric Steel
But I was the one who won it for Ashe Corvin at his request. I did the dirty work. I made sure Libby lost. Yet, I get no appreciation for it. He says it was my duty as a member of the Empire to ensure that certain people were kept down in order to protect the well-being of IWF.

Jessica's innocent smile is temporarily replaced by a look of disgust, but she quickly replaces it with her usual expression.

Jessica Matthews
So you just want what you think is rightfully yours.

Eric Steel
Exactly.

Jessica Matthews
Well...I mean...I would be more than happy to set it up, but there's a slight problem.

Eric's face falls. He speaks through gritted teeth.

Eric Steel
And that problem is...?

Jessica pulls the Uprising Title from beneath her desk.

Jessica Matthews
Ashe Corvin was found unconscious in his hotel room earlier this week.

Eric maintains his cold stare, but the inklings of a smirk can be seen on his face.

Eric Steel
What a shame.

Jessica frowns.

Jessica Matthews
In any case, he's not cleared to compete...so I've had no choice but to strip him of the Uprising Championship.

Eric's angered look immediately breaks, and he grins widely.

Eric Steel
That's perfect, then! You can just award me the title right now!

Jessica bites her lip.

Jessica Matthews
I mean...I kinda...already made a match to fix it.

Eric Steel
....you what?

Jessica looks at her clipboard.

Jessica Matthews
Nowhere to Run, the Uprising Championship will be decided in a big match-

Eric Steel
What kind of big match?

Jessica opens her mouth, but closes it. She smiles again.

Jessica Matthews
I'll tell you next week!

Eric Steel
I want in.

Jessica cocks her head slightly, then shrugs.

Jessica Matthews
Okay.

Eric raises an eyebrow.

Eric Steel
Really? Okay? I'm in?

Jessica Matthews
You wanted the match right? You got it. Nowhere to Run, you'll have yourself a shot at the Uprising Championship.

Eric looks somewhat surprised.

Eric Steel
Just like that? No bullshit?

Jessica blinks innocently.

Jessica Matthews
Is that a problem?

Eric's face breaks out into a grin.

Eric Steel
No problem at all, Mrs. Matthews.

Jessica nods.

Jessica Matthews
Lovely. Now I believe you have a match up next. Best get ready.

Eric bows his head to her in a respectful goodbye, and turns to leave the office, a wide grin crossing his face.

The following commercial has been brought to you by IWF Creative:

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play The-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-have-add-but-bfc4da

The show comes back from commercial to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

"Not Afraid" plays throughout the pa system as the crowd boos the song, realziing who's coming. Eric Steel comes from the curtains, walking with a little swagger to his step. He smirks as he continue to stroll along with a chip on his shoulder.

Heather Thompson- From Toronto, Ontario, Canada…Weighing in at 232 Pounds…Representing The Empire…Eric Steel!

Johnny- Eric Steel has a big time chip on his shoulder and is out to prove to Corey Casey and out to prove to everyone that he should be the new IWF Uprising Champ!

Matt- Eric Steel had an interesting conversation with new IWF Commissioner Jessica Matthews earlier in regards to the apparently vacated IWF Uprising Championship!

Johnny - And Jess said that she has a big time announcement that she plans on giving in regards to the fate of the Uprising championship next week!

Matt- But that’s next week, this week Eric Steel needs to focus his attention on the always dangerous Ryan Apollos!

Eric Steel walks up the stairs, raising his right arm in the air. He paces back and forth, waiting for his opponent.

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

The lights shut off as Two Faced by Dead By April begins to play. After the intro plays pyro explodes from the stage.

Don't try to run, we're alone in this war
Our thoughts will be futile, progessing bit by bit
as I'm fighting to kill it

Ryan Apollos walks out on the stage and stares out at the crowd before slowly walking down the ramp.

Heather Thompson- From Milwaukee, Wisconsin…Weighing in at 250 Pounds…Ryan Apollos!

Johnny - Talk about a guy who has really fallen from grace

Matt- Ryan Apollos has been extremely hit or miss over the last few months since his big time IWF Title match against Stygian a few months back

Johnny - Ryan Apollos has shown flashes of brilliance, glimpses of that incredible talent that nearly got him a victory over IWF’s Black Dragon…but recently it’s been an overwhelming amount of just fundamental issues for the former Legend Slayer

Matt- I hope Ryan Apollos turns it around…I’ve always felt this guy deserved to be World Champ more than anyone else on the roster!

Replace all my frustration
With you, inspiration was reclaimed

Fighting this addiction, I'm bleeding

Apollos stops at the bottom of the ramp and stares at the ring before walking over to the ring steps.

Evil is on my left, good is on my right
(It's like I'm two faced, It's like I'm two faced)
Telling me to hate, telling me to smile
(It's like I'm two faced, It's like I'm two faced)

Ryan enters the ring and circles the ring before climbing the turnbuckle and stares out at the crowd before getting off the turnbuckle as the music fades. The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Ryan Apollos [vs.] Eric Steel

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Ryan Apollos and Eric Steel immediately lock up in the center of the ring. Ryan Apollos uses his size advantage to force Eric Steel’s head so that Eric Steel is looking down. Ryan Apollos then over-powers Eric Steel, connecting a series of knee strikes to the head and upper body. Ryan Apollos then delivers an especially hard leaping double knee strike to the face of Eric Steel, causing Eric Steel to slam spine first down to the canvas holding his face

Johnny - Nice series of knee strikes there

Matt- Ryan Apollos looks like he is in prime form right now!

Ryan Apollos has a deadly serious look on his face as he takes a step back and measures Eric Steel, who is slow to get to his feet. As soon as Eric Steel turns around, Ryan Apollos lunges forward and connects a superkick that catches Eric Steel square in the jaw, driving Eric Steel hard down to the canvas

Johnny - SHUT UP BITCH!

Matt- Ryan Apollos JUST TURNED Eric Steel’S LIGHTS OUT!

Ryan Apollos drops down and covers Eric Steel as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner… Ryan Apollos!

The ref goes to help Ryan Apollos up to his feet but Ryan Apollos brushes the ref off and holds both his fists in the air

Johnny - Ryan Apollos looks more determined now than ever!

Matt- Like I said earlier, Ryan Apollos has always shown flashes of brilliance and sheer dominance…but the problem is, can he consistently perform like this week in and week out?

Johnny - Look at the determined look on Ryan Apollos’s face! I’d certainly fucking say he can!

The camera zooms in on Ryan Apollos, who has climbed the nearest turnbuckle and is posing for the fans, before cutting to the back

Corey Casey and Alexander Remington are shown standing by a large screen TV in The Empire’s locker room. On the screen of the TV is Ryan Apollos, who is still celebrating a bit in the ring. Panic and anger are etched deeply onto Corey Casey’s face as he stares at the TV

Corey Casey
FUCK! Eric Steel just got fucking DECIMATED! FOR FUCK’S SAKE!

Corey Casey lashes out, kicking the TV stand, causing the entire thing to shake dangerously and almost fall off the TV stand. Corey Casey whirls around and looks at Alexander Remington

Corey Casey
Winning is more important now than ever, Remi! Titles equal power…this has always been true but now that Jess and Chuck are working together to unravel everything we’ve set up…

Corey Casey breathes deeply and exhales sharply, clearly stressed beyond reason. Alexander Remington is about to respond when his cell phone begins to ring. Corey Casey turns his attention to Alexander Remington and raises an eye brown questioningly as Alexander Remington moves to get his phone

Corey Casey
Really? You’re going to answer that right now?

Alexander Remington checks the caller ID on the phone and a clever smirk appears on his face as he turns and walks off a bit before answering the phone

Alexander Remington
Hello… yes, how are you? … We’re still on for tonight then? …Wonderful ….Yes I will see you in a bit then!

Alexander Remington hangs up the phone and walks back over to where Corey Casey is staring at him questioningly

Corey Casey
You look happy

Alexander Remington laughs softly as he adjusts the IWF World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder

Alexander Remington
You could say that

Alexander Remington turns and begins to walk out of The Empire’s locker room. Corey Casey trails behind Alexander Remington

Corey Casey
You going to tell me who was on the phone?

Alexander Remington once again laughs softly as a clever look appears on his face. Alexander Remington reaches out and grabs the door handle of The Empire’s locker room door. Alexander Remington flings the door open and walks through, calling over his shoulder

Alexander Remington
In Remington We Trust

The camera zooms in on Corey Casey’s confused, stressed out face for a moment before fading to commercial

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Better get the show done
Or this falls on your cock

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Banhammer_forecast1

The show comes back from commercial to show the inside of the arena. Static cuts through the arena as the lights black out in the arena. As fans get on their feet knowing what's coming the ones that went to the concession stands rush back scrambling through the crowds to not miss what happens next. As everyone recognizes the familiar sound of static a British woman's voice comes over the speakers.

"T Minus 3...2...1!"

As her voice initiates a countdown of sorts. The countdown completes and Children of Cybertron starts to blast over the speakers as the lights in the arena begin to strobe.

Bright white lights flashing throughout the arena mixed with the mayhem of the guitars presents a chaotic scene.

"We are unstoppable"
"We are unbreakable"

HFF appears in the crowd standing together. Axle Vengeance and Ace Static standing side by side with Damien Drake's massive imposing figure behind them. The crowd begins to boo MASSIVELY and fans around HFF blast middle fingers at them shouting obscenities. With grins plastered on their faces they look out onto the crowd making their way through.

"How much more proof"
"Do you want"
"You can't fuck with us!"

Storming through the crowd with a purpose HFF hops over the barricade as Axle and Ace slither into the ring. Damien Drake cracks his knuckles pacing on the outside. Axle stands atop a turnbuckle pounding his chest like a BEAST as Ace stands atop the opposite turnbuckle spitting water in the air with a maniacal look on his face.

"We are unstoppable"

All three men climb into the ring poised to speak their minds. Axle Vengeance holds a microphone and Ace Static holds one as well. The crowd furiously boos HFF as they are seemingly unfazed.

Axle Vengeance
SILENCE!

After a few more boos the crowd begins to quiet down. A handful of the crowd starts up an HFF chant that is quickly put to a stop by Axle Vengeance.

Axle Vengeance
]ENOUGH! Don’t cheer for me. Stop interrupting GREATNESS! I’ve never understood the whole wrestling fan’s mindset. I come out here DISRESPECT each and every SINGLE one of you and yet some of you cheer me. What could possibly be going through the miniscule minds of you people? Does life suck so much that you want nothing more than to belong to something? The need to feel wanted? Thinking to yourselves oh man HFF is so cool they’re so edgy and I wanna be just like them! Well let me be more clear than I ever have before. WE…DO…NOT…WANT…YOU. We don’t want your cheers we don’t want fans or ANY support. You see we’ve all done this for years on our own. All we’ve ever needed was this BROTHERHOOD. Hollywood’s Fucking Finest has always been THREE people…Damien Drake, Ace Static and Axle Vengeance. It doesn’t matter how many fans on the internet blog, tweet and post on message boards about how they “MARK” out whenever myself or any member of HFF’s music hits. STOP trying to be with us for we are FOREVER against you.

“FUCK YOU AXLE”
CLAP/CLAP/CLAP/CLAP
“FUCK YOU AXLE”
CLAP/CLAP/CLAP/CLAP
“FUCK YOU AXLE”
CLAP/CLAP/CLAP/CLAP
“FUCK YOU AXLE”
CLAP/CLAP/CLAP/CLAP

Ace Static
You know Axle has hit it right on the head. We’ve been following what people have been saying about us. Everyone is just fucking ECSTATIC about the return of HFF. People are losing their shit over us. We’re all out here tonight to tell you take your support and devour it…anally. Fuck Axle? NO FUCK ALL OF YOU!

Ace hands his microphone over to Damien Drake who clears his throat and the bass in his voice booms through the arena. The mammoth peers around the arena with death stares.

Damien Drake
When my brother…my OWN flesh and blood kissed my ass and proclaimed me to be this GREAT person and this guy he looked up to you know what I did? I picked up a fridge and crushed him with it. That’s what to expect if you think you can come up to me and give me praise. We’ve never needed any of you and it’ll remain that way. If we have to use FORCE to get the job done then so be it. This whole HFF fan appreciation bullshit comes to an END tonight. Let me be the first to say that if any of you so much as whisper to me for an autograph I’ll put you in the hospital. We clear?

Backing up Damien waits for the crowd’s reaction. The boos begin to rain down heavily on HFF. Axle Vengeance chuckles holding the microphone to his mouth he begins to speak once more.

Axle Vengeance
]Now that that’s out of the way we can discuss what we really came out here for. Before I went on a tangent because some morons in the lower right section over here started to cheer for us…I was going to talk about HFF and it’s working relationship with The Empire. You see Corey Casey is a genius, plain and simple. Some might consider us to be just some hired guns of sorts but no, make no mistake that HFF is FULL blooded EMPIRE. We’ve joined the side with MUCH MUCH more going for it. With the acquisition of Alexander Remington a man whom I respect The Empire is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unstoppable. HFF and Alexander Remington…that only would make headlines across the globe. Throw Corey Casey in the mix along with the other talents in The Empire and it spells DISASTER for anyone in IWF that dares to oppose us.

Ace Static
HFF will win the tag team championship belts tonight and at that very moment The Empire will be the holders of TWO championships. This is only the beginning though folks. Prepare yourselves for the wave of terror that is set to engulf IWF and swallow it hole. An age of darkness and an era of VIOLENCE…you’ve been warned. To all of you in the back watching and listening, take notes and mark the day on your calendar. The day that HFF helped usher in the year of BRUTALITY.

Axle Vengeance
]To the people in the first few rows before the main event I suggest going out to the concession stands and purchasing a disposable poncho. You’re all sitting in the blood splash zone. Make no mistake there will be a MASSACRE tonight!

Damien Drake
Oh the blood…

Ace Static
Oh the blood…

Axle Vengeance
OH THE MASSACRE!!!!

Dropping the microphones all three men stand tall with grins on their faces as Axle Vengeance SCREAMS out the final sentence. HFF looking obviously primed and ready for their title opportunity. An unholy alliance had been made at Rising Monarchy and it would only carry on through. Who would stop them? It appeared as though no one would and no one could.

The camera focuses in on HFF for a moment before cutting to commercial

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Im-on-a-drug-its-called-Gordon-Bombay-Its-not-available-because-if-you-try-it-your-face-will-explode

Corey Casey says: "EYE DEMAHND MOAR GORDON BOMBAY!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show comes back from commercial to show Johnny Electric and Matt Biggars, both of whom are sitting behind the announcer’s table

Johnny- you can feel the energy SURGING out of these fans in anticipation for this next match, Matt

Matt- That’s right Rick…wait…YOU’RE NOT RICK!

Johnny- Seriously? You’re just now figuring this out?

Matt- Dude…Don’t I know you from somewhere?

Johnny- How high are you right now?

Matt- Woah…my hands…they’re so cool lookin’…

Johnny- Facepalm I’m beginning to think Rick was the lucky one…

The camera pans over to show a massive black coffin sitting at ringside. The camera zooms in on the coffin for a moment before panning over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following match is a Coffin Match! The only way to win is to force your opponent into the coffin and close and lock the lid! Introducing first…

The lights fade out as the sound of a bell tower rings throughout the arena, a few more moments fly by before...

"Unleash the warrior within!"

Pyro sets off from both sides on the entrance ramp in the form of a pair of angel wings with the words "Heaven's Gladiator" appering in crystal blue letters on the titantron. A single platform can be seen being lowered at the ramp revealing a lone figure standing at the center. He is wearing a white and blue warrior tunic with angel designs decorated on the back and a gold cross shape tapestry on the front. His long black hair flows in the air revealing his face as he stares at the crowd before him.

They fall in line, one at a time
Ready to play
(I can't see them anyway)
No time to lose, we've got to move
Steady your helm
(I am losing sight again)

Steel Angel jumps off the platform and bows before fans as they shower him in cheers. Steel Angel then walks slowly towards the ring every step with purpose, every movement loose and flowing.

Heather Thompson- From San Diego, California…Weighing in at 220 Pounds…Steel Angel!

Johnny- Steel Angel has been like a man possessed these last few weeks, seemingly only getting by day to day with the help of his girlfriend Marley

Matt- Steel Angel has been in rough shape, Johnny. Ethan Cage has been stalking him for weeks, almost taunting Steel Angel by obtaining key symbols and tokens of Steel Angel’s career and putting them inside of a coffin which mysteriously seemed to appear during the course of Steel Angel’s matches over the last month!

Johnny- It all came to a head at Rising Monarchy when Ethan Cage revealed himself to the world and attacked Steel Angel!

Matt- All of that leading up to what promises to be an amazing match here tonight between Steel Angel and Ethan Cage!

Fire your guns
It's time to run
Blow me away
(I will stay, in the mess I made)

After the fall
We'll shake it off
Show me the way

Steel Angel then stops at the end of the ramp where he brings his hands together with the middle and index fingers joining together pointing straight out with the other fingers curled together overlapping one another. He then moves his hands while in this symbol up, down, left and then right in the form of a cross before bringing both middle and index fingers to his lips and kisses them. He then separates his hands as he points to the sky unleashing blue pyro from the entrance ramp.

Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to heaven, when we die
I am the shadow on the wall
I'll be the one to save us all

Steel Angel then walks around the ring slapping high fives with some of the fans before climbing through the second rope and enters the ring.

There's nothing left, so save your breath
Lying in wait
(Caught inside this tidal wave)
Your cover's blown, no where to go
Holding your fate
(Loaded I will walk alone)

He smiles as looks around the ring, he then poses which causes the fans to cheer some more.

Fire your guns
It's time to run
Blow me away
(I will stay, in the mess I made)

He then removes the tunic and takes it off showing his ripped features to the ladies in attendance some of whom scream in delight. He is also wearing gold karate style pants with white flame like designs on the ankles and the words "Steel Angel" written in black Latin like writing on the sides.

After the fall
We'll shake it off
Show me the way

He then stands at the center of the ring and forms the same hand gesture he did at the end of the entrance ramp. This time as he ends the gesture by pointing to the sky that white pyro erupts from the corners.

Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to heaven, when we die
I am the shadow on the wall
I'll be the one to save us all

Wanted it back
(Don't fight me now!)

He then tilts his head from side to side and he gets ready for his match.

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

The lights go out, Invincible by MGK begins to play, a burst of blue lights up the entrance way and out walks Ethan Cage, hooded to the world, until HE wants them to see him, until THEY "deserve" to see him.

Heather Thompson- From Las Vegas, Nevada…Weighing in at 238 Pounds…Ethan Cage!

Johnny- Ethan Cage managed to turn a lot of heads during his first few months here in IWF

Matt- But then he was viciously attacked and seemingly died

Johnny- He DID die that’s the thing, Matt!

Matt- Dude…I see him right now…does that mean I have the 6th Sense?!

Johnny- No…it means that Ethan Cage managed to come out of his coma and return to the land of the living…

Matt- NO WAY!

Johnny- You’re an idiot…

Ethan Cage slides into the ring, and jumps in the corner, holding his clenched fists up high in the air. The crowd roars their approval. Ethan Cage then turns and drops down to the canvas. The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Casket Match
Steel Angel [vs.] Ethan Cage

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Ethan Cage and Steel Angel both meet in the center of the ring and lock up. The two men go back and forth for a few moments, testing each other’s strength, before Steel Angel slowly forces Ethan Cage down onto first his knees and then onto his back. However, instead of letting Steel Angel overpower him, Ethan Cage rolls onto his back and lifts his feet up, driving them into Steel Angel’s stomach but still holding onto both of Steel Angel’s hands. Ethan Cage then lifts Steel Angel up so that Steel Angel is lying flat on Ethan Cage’s feet. Steel Angel rocks backwards and manages to regain his footing but, by doing so, Steel Angel unintentionally helps Ethan Cage right back up to his feet.

Johnny- A pretty even test of strength there by these two men

Matt- This is going to get good soon, I just know it!

Still gripping each other’s hands tightly, Ethan Cage slowly begins to over power Steel Angel, forcing Steel Angel down to his knees this time. However, as soon as Steel Angel is on his knees, Ethan Cage lashes out and connects a kick to the chest of Steel Angel, causing Steel Angel to grimace in pain. Ethan Cage connects a second kick to the chest of Steel Angel, forcing Steel Angel to release Ethan Cage’s hands. Ethan Cage then quickly moves forward, hooks Steel Angel’s head, and spikes Steel Angel skull first into the canvas with a DDT

Johnny- Ethan Cage managing to gain the advantage!

Matt- HA! SEE! I TOLD YOU!

Ethan Cage pops back up to his feet, turns, and runs to the ring ropes on the far side of the ring. Ethan Cage hits the ropes and comes running back towards Steel Angel. However, as soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Steel Angel rolls forward, causing Ethan Cage to hop over Steel Angel and keep running until he hits the ropes on the far side of the ring. Ethan Cage this the ropes and comes running back towards Steel Angel, who has managed to push himself up to a standing position. As soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Steel Angel leaps into the air, thinking that Ethan Cage was about to run underneath and continue running to the opposite side of the ring. However, as soon as he gets close enough, Ethan Cage suddenly halts all his momentum and stands still, watching as Steel Angel leaps up into the air. As soon as Steel Angel lands, Ethan Cage leaps into the air, spins around 360 degrees, and connects a spinning head kick that sends Steel Angel crashing down to the canvas

Johnny- Nice awareness by Ethan Cage

Matt- THIS IS AWESOME! Ethan Cage IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!

Ethan Cage leaps to his feet and runs to the ring ropes. However, this time, as soon as he gets close enough, Ethan Cage leaps into the air and lands on the second rope. Ethan Cage springs off the second rope, executing a back flip which he then turns into a back hand spring. Ethan Cage back hand springs right over Steel Angel’s prone form and ends up standing right over Steel Angel on his feet. Ethan Cage then leaps into the air, executing a full front flip before he comes crashing down across the throat of Steel Angel with a standing senton leg drop

Johnny- Woah!

Matt- Beautiful combination of aerial moves there by Ethan Cage!

Ethan Cage drops down and goes to hook Steel Angel’s legs….but when the ref doesn’t begin counting, Ethan Cage suddenly facepalms

Ethan Cage
Shit…

Johnny- I think Ethan Cage might’ve forgotten the rules of this match

Matt- Hey! Get off Ethan Cage’s back! THE GUY JUST GOT BACK FROM NO SELLING DEATH ALRIGHT?!

Ethan Cage gets to his feet and begins to roll Steel Angel towards the ring ropes and the open coffin. However, before Ethan Cage can roll Steel Angel too close, Steel Angel manages to lash out and connect a series of three swift kicks that staggers Ethan Cage, forcing Ethan Cage to stand up straight and become woozy. Steel Angel then pushes himself up a little bit and manages to sweep the legs of Ethan Cage, causing Ethan Cage to come crashing down to the canvas, thus buying Steel Angel a little time

Johnny- Steel Angel doing the smart thing there

Matt- I think Steel Angel is shocked at how good of shape Ethan Cage is in! Steel Angel looks completely overwhelmed right now!

Steel Angel gets to his feet, leans down, and drags Ethan Cage up to his feet. Steel Angel kicks Ethan Cage in the gut, doubling Ethan Cage over. Steel Angel then grabs Ethan Cage and Irish whips Ethan Cage across the ring. Ethan Cage hits the ropes and comes running back towards Steel Angel. As soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Steel Angel reaches out and grabs Ethan Cage. Steel Angel spins Ethan Cage around, looking to connect a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. However, Ethan Cage manages to use his momentum to his advantage and spins out of Steel Angel’s grasp. Ethan Cage lands on his feet standing right beside Steel Angel. Ethan Cage then grabs Steel Angel and throws himself backwards, driving Steel Angel spine first into the canvas with a tilt a whirl Russian leg sweep

Johnny- Another incredible move by the agile Ethan Cage!

Matt- God damn I never get tired of seeing this guy in the ring!

Ethan Cage gets to his feet and a wicked smile appears on his face as he turns, faces the camera, and takes a bow. Ethan Cage straightens himself up and blows kisses to the camera and to the fans

Ethan Cage
Thank you, thank you!

Johnny- Ethan Cage clearly hasn’t learned humility through his near death experience

Matt- Would you expect or want him to?!

Ethan Cage then turns and goes over to the ring ropes. Ethan Cage ducks down and drops out of the ring. Ethan Cage then drops to one knee outside of the ring, flips up the ring apron, and begins to rummage around underneath the ring

Johnny- Uh oh…I think Ethan Cage is looking to add weapons into this match up

Matt- Perfect! There is no DQ in this match and no rules other than shut and lock your opponent in the coffin so Ethan Cage is free to do whatever awesome shit he wants to Steel Angel!

After a few moments of searching, Ethan Cage pulls out a short baby step ladder, which he slides into the ring. Ethan Cage then pulls out a bigger ladder which he leans on the ring apron before sliding back into the ring. Ethan Cage sets the baby step ladder up in the open position in the center of the ring before turning his attention back to Steel Angel, who is slowly starting to get to his feet.

Johnny- Ethan Cage with some violent intentions in mind here

Matt- This is gonna be sweet!

As soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Steel Angel lashes out and connects a big boot to the gut of Ethan Cage, doubling Ethan Cage over. Steel Angel then grabs Ethan Cage and, once again, Irish whips Ethan Cage to the ring ropes. Ethan Cage hits the ropes and comes running back towards Steel Angel. As soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Steel Angel drops down, looking to connect a drop toe hold on Ethan Cage. However, as soon as Steel Angel drops down, Ethan Cage leaps up into the air and uses the baby step ladder as a stepping stone to leap up to the top rope. However, as soon as Ethan Cage lands in the standing position on the top rope, Steel Angel manages to get to his feet, sprint across the ring, and shove Ethan Cage off the top rope, causing Ethan Cage to go flying through the air and crash and burn outside the ring

“OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH”

Johnny- That clearly didn’t go according to Ethan Cage’s plan

Matt- I’d certainly fucking think not!

Steel Angel drops down and rolls to the outside of the ring. Steel Angel grabs the big ladder Ethan Cage pulled out from under the ring earlier, and sets it up so that one end of the ladder is resting on the ring apron and the other end of the ladder is resting on top of the security barricade. Steel Angel then turns his attention to Ethan Cage. Steel Angel walks over to Ethan Cage and stomps down a few times on Ethan Cage’s prone body. Steel Angel then leans down and drags Ethan Cage up to his feet. Steel Angel lifts Ethan Cage up in the military press position while taking a few steps backwards so that he is close to the ladder bridge. Steel Angel then tosses Ethan Cage up into the air, causing Ethan Cage to come crashing down chest and sternum first into the ladder bridge

Johnny- Steel Angel finally getting some measurable offense in here

Matt- BBOOOO!!!! WE WANT Ethan Cage TO DO MORE AWESOME SHIT!!!

Steel Angel hops up into the ring apron using the corner turnbuckle. Steel Angel then turns his attention to Ethan Cage, who is lying prone on the ladder bridge. Steel Angel smiles slightly as he goes sprinting across the ring apron towards Ethan Cage. As soon as he gets close enough, Steel Angel leaps into the air, looking to connect a shooting star press on Ethan Cage from the ring apron. However, Ethan Cage manages to roll out of the way, causing Steel Angel to crash and burn into the ladder bridge while Ethan Cage rolls onto the floor

Johnny- Steel Angel crashes and burns looking for the high risk move!

Matt- Which means that Ethan Cage needs to capitalize ASAP!!!!!

Ethan Cage slowly pushes himself up to his feet and looks up at Steel Angel, who is still lying on the ladder bridge. Ethan Cage pushes himself up to his feet and walks over to the ring apron. Ethan Cage flips the ring apron up and, after a few moments of searching, Ethan Cage pulls out a steel chair. Ethan Cage then grabs the chair, turns, and walks back over to Steel Angel. Ethan Cage stands over the ladder bridge and lifts the chair up. Ethan Cage then bashes Steel Angel with the steel chair three times, causing Steel Angel to try to shield himself

Johnny- Ethan Cage is really laying into Steel Angel with that steel chair

Matt- I’m sure he’s setting up for something though…

True enough, after bashing Steel Angel with the steel chair for the third time, Ethan Cage turns and, still carrying the chair, climbs first up to the ring apron and then up to the top turnbuckle. Ethan Cage then turns and looks down at Steel Angel, smiling widely. Ethan Cage turns and winks at the camera, his smiling seemingly growing as he realizes he is talking directly to millions of people watching around the world at home

Ethan Cage
Don’t try this at home, folks!

Ethan Cage then holds the steel chair tightly to his chest and leaps off the top rope, executing a shooting star press. Ethan Cage then comes crashing down on Steel Angel chest first, driving the steel chair right into the chest of Steel Angel and causing the ladder bridge to snap clean in half due to the sudden increase and weight. Both Steel Angel and Ethan Cage go crashing to the floor as the fans leap to their feet and begin to chant loudly

“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”

Johnny- HOLY SHIT IS RIGHT!

Matt- INCREDIBLE! UNBELIEVABLE! UNREAL! Ethan Cage IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!!

Slowly, Ethan Cage untangles himself from the mess of steel and flesh and uses the security barricade to gingerly pull himself up to his feet. Ethan Cage, once again, turns and takes a slight, stiff bow as the fans applaud loudly, causing a smirk to appear on Ethan Cage’s face.

Johnny- These fans are drinking Ethan Cage’s high powered, high speed, aerial offense up!

Matt- And with good reason! This guy is a fucking highlight reel waiting to happen!

Ethan Cage turns his attention back to where Steel Angel is still lying, tangled up in the carnage of steel and flesh. Ethan Cage rummages around through the wreckage until he is eventually able to extract Steel Angel’s bloody body from the broken ladder. Ethan Cage rolls Steel Angel back into the ring before rolling back into the ring himself

Johnny- And this match FINALLY returns back to the ring!

Matt- Aaaww…I wanted to see more crazy outside of the ring shit go down Sad

Ethan Cage grabs Steel Angel by the ankle and drags Steel Angel’s body all the way across the ring and over to the ring ropes right in front of the coffin. Ethan Cage slides Steel Angel half way under the bottom rope, reaches up, grabs the top rope, and uses his foot to shove Steel Angel the rest of the way into the coffin. Steel Angel rolls out of the ring and collapses into the open coffin

Johnny- Steel Angel is in the coffin!

Matt- Now all Ethan Cage needs to do is slam the lid shut and lock it!

As soon as Steel Angel is positioned inside of the coffin, Ethan Cage ducks outside of the ring and, standing on the ring apron, leans out, attempting to close the lid of the coffin. However, as soon as Ethan Cage manages to lean out over the coffin to grab the lid, Steel Angel reaches out from inside the coffin and sweeps Ethan Cage’s legs, causing Ethan Cage to fall and slam down hard on his tailbone on the ring apron. Steel Angel then manages to get to his feet, standing inside of the coffin. Steel Angel hooks Ethan Cage’s head in the front face lock position and then throws himself backwards, DDT’ing Ethan Cage from the ring apron right into the lid of the coffin. The suddenly movement inside the coffin causes the coffin to topple off of its holder and fall to the ringside floor with both men still inside

Johnny- It’s COFFIN CHAOS OUT HERE!

Matt- That was a POWERFUL use of alliteration there Johnny!

Johnny- Thanks!

Slowly, both men make it up to their feet, still standing inside of the coffin. The two men begin to trade blows back and forth, neither man seemingly ready to give way. Steel Angel seemingly gains the upper hand, hammering in the skull with rights and lefts, causing Ethan Cage to seemingly stumble back a few paces. Steel Angel smiles as he cocks back, looking to connect a knockout blow to Ethan Cage. However, as soon as Steel Angel goes to deliver that knockout blow, Ethan Cage hops out of the coffin, causing Steel Angel to miss and falter on his feet, still inside the coffin. Ethan Cage then leaps into the air, throwing himself backwards, and connects a Pele kick that connects with the back of Steel Angel’s skull, sending Steel Angel face first down into the coffin

Johnny- HIT THE LIGHTS!

Matt- THIS HAS TO BE IT! Ethan Cage JUST KICKED Steel Angel’S LIGHTS RIGHT THE FUCK OUT!

Ethan Cage gets to his feet, grabs the lid of the coffin, and slams it shut. He then grabs the lock and slams it home, locking the coffin shut with Steel Angel still inside. The ref then calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner… Ethan Cage!

The ref drops down and rolls out of the ring. The ref then walks over and helps Ethan Cage to his feet. The ref grabs Ethan Cage’s wrist and holds it aloft, causing Ethan Cage to smile and laugh as he pounds his chest before ripping his wrist out of the ref’s grasp and throwing his arms out straight to either side, causing the fans to erupt once more

Johnny- Ethan Cage wins after a hard fought battle!

Matt- What a way to return! Ethan Cage seemingly dominated for much of this match and then seals the victory with an incredible Hit The Lights kick that drops Steel Angel like a bad habit!

Ethan Cage turns and walks up the entrance ramp as a confident smile appears on his face. As soon as he reaches the top of the entrance ramp, Ethan Cage turns and looks right dead into the camera

Ethan Cage
You think this was awesome? Ha! I’m just getting started!!!!

With that, Ethan Cage winks at the camera and turns and walks backstage. The camera zooms in on the titan tron for a moment before cutting to the back

The camera cuts to the back to show Eric Steel, who is sitting the trainer’s office holding a bag of ice up to his jaw, which is already showing signs of bruising. One of the athletic trainers is tending to Eric Steel when, all of a sudden, Eric Steel suddenly gets a cold, emotionless look in his eye and mutters softly

Eric Steel
What the hell are you doing here?

The camera zooms out to show Jacob Figgins, who is standing in the doorway of the trainer’s office with a big smile on his face. Jacob Figgins laughs as he looks at Eric Steel

Jacob Figgins
Oh I was just walking by when I saw you sitting there on the table with your widdle ice pack and thought “aawww poor Eric. He must’ve gotten a boo boo…”

Eric Steel stares daggers through Jacob Figgins and starts to try to stand up

Eric Steel
I swear to God I will…

The athletic trainer immediately forces Eric Steel to sit back down

Athletic Trainer
Mr. Steel, you can’t stand up so quickly like that. We still need to run a few tests to see if you are concussed

Jacob Figgins shakes his head, completely and totally amused by the scene unfolding in front of him, as Eric Steel slowly sits back down

Jacob Figgins
You know, Eric, the real reason I’m here is because I heard that, earlier tonight, you tried to convince our new Commish that you were the man who should be awarded the Uprising Championship. See…I’ve got a bit of a problem with that.

The smile on Jacob Figgins’ face melts away and is replaced by a more serious look

Jacob Figgins
If anyone should be named the new Uprising Champ, it should be me. I won that #1 Contender’s match at Rising Monarchy fair and square. I was the next in line for a shot at the title. But Libby decided to just toss it aside…like he thought he was too good to be Uprising Champ or something.

Jacob Figgins stares directly into Eric Steel’s eyes

Jacob Figgins
But in a way, I guess I should thank you. The reason I should thank you is because, due to your complete and total ego tripping ways, you got Jess to hint that she’s got an amazing match planned for Nowhere to Run. I have heard whispers backstage all night as to what this match could possibly be. But you know what? I don’t even care what the match type is…because at Nowhere to Run, I am going to walk out Uprising Champ…and that’s a fact

The playful smile returns to Jacob Figgins’ features as he smiles at Eric Steel

Jacob Figgins
Hope you head feels better Eric…because I’d hate having to miss out on kicking your ass at Nowhere to Run because you got a little boo boo!

Jacob Figgins then turns and walks off, leaving Eric Steel fuming, staring after him. The camera zooms in on Eric Steel for a moment before slowly fading to commercial

[Alexander Remington wakes up in the morning]
[Alexander Remington yawns, stretches then climbs out of bed]
[Alexander Remington smiles as the sunlight dances off the IWF World Heavyweight Championship]
[Alexander Remington catches his reflection in the mirror]

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Tumblr_m9og1k0K0w1rzk7iro1_500

Heather Thompson- The following tag team match is scheduled for one fall and it is for the IWF Tag Team Championships!

The ref holds the brand new IWF Tag Team Championships up high over his head

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play IWFtagbelts_zps9a866078

Johnny- That’s what it’s all about, ladies and gents!

Matt- Woah…shiny!

Johnny- The new IWF Tag Team Championships are truly a thing of beauty. The mere sight of them is causing a POWER SURGE throughout this entire arena!

Matt- I’m going to get real sick of electricity jokes and word puns with you as my broadcast partner, aren’t I?

Johnny- You’d be SHOCKED at how quickly you BLACK OUT all the SHOCKINGLY POWERFUL electricity puns!

Matt- …I’m going to need stronger weed…

Heather Thompson- Introducing first…

“I Dare You” by Shinedown blasts out of the house PA system as Tim Patrick and Sean Libby come out from backstage. The audience erupts in a massive sea of cheers and screams of excitement as the Philadelphia faithful welcome home Tim Patrick and shower Sean Libby with support

Heather Thompson- At a combined weight of 440 Pounds…Sean Libby, Tim Patrick…Neart le Chéile!

Johnny- Neart who?!

Matt- Neart Le Chéile! It means “Strength Together” in Gaelic!

Johnny- HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW?!

Matt- I’m pretty sure I have some Irish blood in me! Maybe….possibly…you know what…I ATE A POTATO ONCE SO FUCK YOU!

Tim Patrick and Sean Libby make their way down the entrance ramp and slide into the ring. The two men play to the crowd a bit before walking over to their corner

Heather Thompson- And their opponents…

Static cuts through the arena as the lights black out in the arena. As fans get on their feet knowing what's coming the ones that went to the concession stands rush back scrambling through the crowds to not miss what happens next. As everyone recognizes the familiar sound of static a British woman's voice comes over the speakers.

"T Minus 3...2...1!"

As her voice initiates a countdown of sorts. The countdown completes and Children of Cybertron starts to blast over the speakers as the lights in the arena begin to strobe. Bright white lights flashing throughout the arena mixed with the mayhem of the guitars presents a chaotic scene.

"We are unstoppable"
"We are unbreakable"

HFF appears in the crowd standing together. Axle Vengeance and Ace Static standing side by side with Damien Drake's massive imposing figure behind them. The crowd begins to boo MASSIVELY and fans around HFF blast middle fingers at them shouting obscenities. With grins plastered on their faces they look out onto the crowd making their way through.

Heather Thompson- Weighing in at a combined 437 Pounds…Representing The Empire…Axle Vengeance, Ace Static…Hollywood’s Fucking Finest!

Johnny- HEATHER! YOU CAN’T SAY FUCK ON NATIONAL TV!!!

Matt- She didn’t! She said “Fucking!” That’s a completely and totally different word!

Johnny- SINCE WHEN ARE YOU A FUCKING LANGUAGE MAJOR ALL OF A SUDDEN!?

Matt- You just said “fucking” now too….don’t you feel silly?!

Johnny- I might not survive the night folks…

"How much more proof"
"Do you want"

Storming through the crowd with a purpose HFF hops over the barricade as Axle and Ace slither into the ring. Damien Drake cracks his knuckles pacing on the outside. Axle stands atop a turnbuckle pounding his chest like a BEAST as Ace stands atop the opposite turnbuckle spitting water in the air with a maniacal look on his face.

"We are unstoppable"

As both men hop down they stand in their respective corner ready for the match to begin and the violence to ensue. After some talking back and forth Sean Libby nods to Tim Patrick and ducks out of the ring while Axle Vengeance gets the nod for Hollywood’s Fucking Finest. The ref looks at the top men standing in the middle of the ring and nods before calling for the bell

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play Mainevent
IWF Tag Team Championship
Hollywood's Fucking Finest [vs.] Neart le Chéile
Axle Vengeance & Ace Static [vs.] Sean Libby & Tim Patrick

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Tim Patrick comes out early, delivering a flurry of strikes to the head and neck of Axle Vengeance, driving Axle Vengeance back to the ring ropes. Tim Patrick continues his onslaught for a bit before leaning down and dragging Axle Vengeance up to his feet. Tim Patrick then shoots Axle Vengeance off to the ring ropes. Axle Vengeance runs across the ring and comes running back at Tim Patrick. As soon as Axle Vengeance gets close enough, Tim Patrick reaches out, looking to connect a one armed hip toss. However, Axle Vengeance flips through the attempt and drops down to his hands and knees. Axle Vengeance swings out, looking to sweep Tim Patrick’s legs. However Tim Patrick jumps over the leg sweep attempt. Instead of getting up though, Axle Vengeance sweeps his right leg back and scores with the second leg sweep, sending Tim Patrick crashing down to the canvas

Johnny- Nice little start to this match I’d say

Matt- Good back and forth between these two men. Might want to settle in folks, this one could be a classic!

Axle Vengeance gets to his feet just as Tim Patrick manages to power to his feet as well. Axle Vengeance tries for a head kick but Tim Patrick ducks underneath the attempt and locks his wrists around Axle Vengeance’s waist. Tim Patrick lifts Axle Vengeance up, looking to connect a German suplex, however Axle Vengeance manages to flip out of the move, land on his feet, and stumble back a few paces, landing back first against the ropes. Axle Vengeance and Tim Patrick both meet in the center of the ring in a stand off pose as the crowd claps it’s appreciation

Johnny- Another nice exchange there by Axle Vengeance and Tim Patrick

Matt- This Philly crowd really knows that they are seeing a special kind of match here tonight

Tim Patrick suddenly rushes forward and delivers a vicious clothesline that drives Axle Vengeance down to the canvas. Tim Patrick reaches down and drags Axle Vengeance up to his feet before turning and pointing at Sean Libby, which gets the crowd hopping. Tim Patrick Irish whips Ax into the corner turnbuckle. Axle Vengeance’s spine hits the corner turnbuckle and the force of the move causes Axle Vengeance to slump down in the sitting position. Tim Patrick tags in Sean Libby who immediately leaps into the ring. Tim Patrick holds out his hand and grabs Sean Libby. Tim Patrick then Irish whips Sean Libby right towards Axle Vengeance. As soon as he gets close enough, Sean Libby leaps into the air and delivers a drop kick into the chest Axle Vengeance.

Johnny- Nice double team move there by Timmy and Libby

Matt- These two have a lot of history together…they just have never really teamed together

Sean Libby backs up a few paces and looks out at the crowd, getting them fired up. Sean Libby then leanps down and drags Axle Vengeance out of the corner turnbuckle. Sean Libby goes to grab both of Axle Vengeance’s ankles but Axle Vengeance quickly brings both his feet in and lashes out, kicking Sean Libby off of him. Sean Libby goes toppling across the ring and lands back in his corner turnbuckle. Tim Patrick immediately tags himself in and goes to storm across the ring but Axle Vengeance manages to lean back and tag in Ace Static

Johnny- Bit of a miscommunication there it would seem by Tim and Libby

Matt- Like I said, they have history TOGETHER…however they just have never TEAMED together!

Ace Static goes running across the ring and immediately ducks underneath the Tim Patrick attempt at a clothesline. Ace Static grabs Tim Patrick by the arm though and shoots Tim Patrick across the ring. Tim Patrick hits the ring ropes and comes running back at Ace Static. As soon as Tim Patrick gets close enough, Ace Static reaches out and grabs Tim Patrick, lifting Tim Patrick up and powering Tim Patrick down to the canvas with a spinebuster

Johnny- Big time power move there by Ace Static

Matt- That move put HFF firmly in the driver’s seat!

Ace Static stomps down on Tim Patrick a few times before dragging Tim Patrick up to his feet. Ace Static immediately grabs Tim Patrick by his hair with one hand and by the back of Tim Patrick’s tights with the other and runs Tim Patrick across the ring. As soon as he gets close enough, Ace Static launches Tim Patrick, smashing Tim Patrick shoulder first into the corner turnbuckle. Ace Static smirks as he slowly gets to his feet and surveys the damage down

Johnny- There goes Tim Patrick’s shoulder!

Matt- This could be a big time turning point in the match!

Ace Static gets to his feet and walks over and tags in Axle Vengeance. Axle Vengeance immediately runs across the ring and grabs Tim Patrick and pulls Tim Patrick out of the corner turnbuckle. Axle Vengeance then hooks Tim Patrick’s leg and attempts to pin him as the ref counts

-1-

Tim Patrick kicks out

Johnny- Only one

Matt- Shitty Yellowcard sing

Johnny- I mean the ref’s count…

Matt- Oh…uh…of course you did…

Axle Vengeance quickly maneuvers himself around and grabs Tim Patrick’s arm, locking in an arm bar. Axle Vengeance cranks back on the hold, causing Tim Patrick to scream out in pain

Johnny- Axle Vengeance is smart. He is targeting that already weakened shoulder of Tim Patrick with this arm bar

Matt- I would’ve gone with the Vulcan Death Grip submission hold, but that’s just me

Johnny- Smoke more weed Matt…smoke more weed…

Matt- OK!

Axle Vengeance really leans back, applying pressure to Tim Patrick’s rotator cuff and shoulder. Meanwhile, on the ring apron, Sean Libby hops from one foot to the other, anticipation etched deeply into his features. Sean Libby suddenly turns and looks out at the capacity crowd and begins to clap. The fans immediately begin to clap along with Sean Libby, trying to will their hometown hero to his feet

*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

Slowly, Tim Patrick begins to claw at the canvas, trying to summon all his strength. Tim Patrick slowly pushes himself up, with all 235 pounds of Axle Vengeance still clinging onto Tim Patrick’s arm. Tim Patrick lets out a mighty roar as he lifts Axle Vengeance part of the way up and then slams Axle Vengeance back down to the canvas. The force of the sudden, unexpected collision with the canvas causes Axle Vengeance to loosen his hold…thought not completely break it. Tim Patrick has enough wiggle room though to turn his body just enough so that he can deliver a vicious stomp down on the chest of Axle Vengeance, which DOES force Axle Vengeance to release the hold

Johnny- Tim Patrick manages to feed off of this capacity crowd and escape Axle Vengeance’s arm bar!

Matt- But can he reach Sean Libby and tag him in?!

Arm over arm, Tim Patrick begins to drag himself over to Sean Libby, who is, once again, hopping from his right foot to his left foot and back again as Tim Patrick inches nearer and nearer. Tim Patrick turns and sees Axle Vengeance, who is slowly making his way over to Ace Static. Tim Patrick turns his attention back to Sean Libby and, at the last second, leaps into the air and connects on the tag that sends the crowd into a frenzy and causes Sean Libby to leap over the top rope and come soaring into the ring. At the same exact time, Axle Vengeance manages to make it over to Ace Static and tag Ace Static in.

Johnny- The fresh men are in!

Matt- And business is about to pick up!

Sean Libby goes running at Ace Static and the two men meet in the center of the ring. As soon as he gets close enough, Sean Libby leaps into the air and connects with a spinning heel kick that drives Ace Static down to the canvas. Both Ace Static and Sean Libby pop back up to their feet…only for Sean Libby to take to the air and drive Ace Static down to the canvas once more with a second spinning heel kick. Sean Libby pops up and sees Axle Vengeance getting to his feet as well on the ring apron just outside of the ring. Sean Libby turns and runs to the ropes on the other side of the ring, gaining momentum. Sean Libby then turns and runs directly at Axle Vengeance, who has his back turned to Sean Libby. As soon as Sean Libby gets close enough, Sean Libby leaps into the air and sails over the top rope and over Axle Vengeance, executing a flip. Sean Libby hooks Axle Vengeance’s head as he sails over Axle Vengeance. Sean Libby then brings Axle Vengeance off the ring apron and down to the canvas with a flying cutter that sends both men smashing down to the ringside mats

“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”

Johnny- DID YOU SEE THAT?!

Matt- HOLY FUCK! IT’S THE FLYING LIBBEH!!!

The fans continue to chant and scream themselves horse as they watch the replay of the move up on the big screen. Meanwhile, in the ring, the ref looks at both men lying on the outside of the ring and begins to count

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Tim Patrick slowly gets to his feet and walks over to where Sean Libby and Axle Vengeance are lying outside of the ring

-5-

-6-

Tim Patrick reaches down and drags Sean Libby up to his feet, trying to help Sean Libby back into the ring

-7-

-8-

Tim Patrick quickly rolls Sean Libby back into the ring, thus forcing the ref to break his count.

Johnny- And just like that, this tag team title match rolls on!

Matt- And it’s anyone’s ball game

Both Sean Libby and Ace Static in the ring begin to pull themselves up to a vertical base. The two men eye each other before rushing to the middle of the ring. As soon as he gets close enough, Sean Libby leaps into the air, looking to connect a hurricanranna. Sean Libby lands on Ace Static’s shoulders…however Ace Static quickly spins and throws Sean Libby into the ref, connecting a powerbomb on Sean Libby but also driving the referee down to the canvas

Johnny- Uh oh

Matt- The ref is down…you know what that means…

Johnny- SHENANIGANS TIME!

Ace Static stands up and looks at the ref, then at Sean Libby, then back at the fallen ref. Meanwhile, outside the ring, Axle Vengeance has managed to get to his feet and he and Tim Patrick begin exchanging blows. Axle Vengeance manages to gain the upper hand and delivers a swift kick to the gut of Tim Patrick, doubling Tim Patrick over. Axle Vengeance then reels Tim Patrick in and lifts Tim Patrick before spinning Tim Patrick down to the hard mats on the outside of the ring

Johnny- Lobotomy!

Matt- But Axle Vengeance and Tim Patrick aren’t even the legal men!

Axle Vengeance quickly gets to his feet when he hears Ace Static calling. Axle Vengeance quickly sees the fallen ref and slides into the ring. Ace Static, meanwhile, reaches down and drags Sean Libby up to his feet. Ace Static grabs Sean Libby and lifts Sean Libby up onto his shoulders. Axle Vengeance then quickly sprints over and grabs Sean Libby’s legs. Ace Static and Axle Vengeance then toss Sean Libby up and power Sean Libby down to the canvas

Johnny- Hollywood Hangover!

Matt- And the ref is out cold!

Axle Vengeance quickly slaps the ref a few times before rolling out of the ring. Meanwhile, Ace Static drops down and covers Sean Libby. The ref groggily rolls over and begins to count

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell before collapsing down to the canvas

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here are your winners…Hollywood’s Fucking Finest!

Axle Vengeance quickly re-enters the ring and helps Ace Static up to his feet. The two men embrace as the time keeper enters the ring and hands the two men the IWF Tag Team Titles.

Johnny- Well…this is…uh…

Matt- Listen to this crowd!

Sure enough, every single fan in the Wells Fargo Center is standing and chanting as one

“FUCK THE EMPIRE!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“FUCK THE EMPIRE!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

The camera zooms in on Axle Vengeance and Ace Static for a moment as the two celebrate with their titles before fading to commercial

Storming Raven would like to remind everyone…

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play 3ojdai

Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:43 pm

The show comes back from commercial to show the members of Hollywood’s Fucking Finest still in the ring.

The lights fade as "The God That Failed" by Metallica begins to play through the arena.

Matt - Who in the hell is this? And what are they doing interrupting our newly crowned champions?

Ace and Axle stand in the ring, staring toward the stage as they wonder who it is that is interrupting their celebration. The fans rise to their feet, already beginning to boo or shout obscenities in the direction of the upper stage as the lights begin to fade; just a dim light shining on the top of the stage. A loud blast of pyro shocks the ears of those in the arena as Alexander Remington appears in the midst of the smoke, cracking a smile as he looks upon his loyal subjects or detractors,nodding his head as he looks back up at those who would have none of it, knowing that he was better than any of them and had accomplished more in his time in IWF than they would in their entire existences. Slowly, Corey Casey emerges from the back, dressed in a black suit with a silver tie, holding the IWF World Heavyweight Championship up high in the air, the name on the nameplate reading Alexander Remington

Johnny - Can you feel the electricity in the air? The champion remains on his throne, and it looks like he may not be willing to relinquish it any time soon.

Smugly, he makes his way down to the ring, ignoring the outreached hands of those fans who are still a fan of Alexander's work, coldly walking slowly toward the ring until he finally reaches the ring apron, Corey Casey trailing behind Alexander Remington, holding the IWF World Heavyweight Championship up high in the air. Slowly stepping onto the side of the ring apron, he leans his back against the ropes as he once again pans his eyes around the arena, taking in the atmosphere, almost loving the negative attention pointed in his direction. He shrugs them off finally as he enters the ring, climbing onto the nearest turnbuckles as he stretches his fists high into the air, scoffing at his detractors, mocking them again and proclaiming himself as the best in the business once more as he hops off the turnbuckles, smiling as he looks at Axle and Ace; Corey Casey standing proudly in the ring in support of his champions.

Alex grabs a microphone before turning to Ace and Axle, cracking a smile as he shook each of their hands with his free hand - a sight that most certainly never thought they would behold.

Matt - This is just weird. Axle and Remington are supposed to hate each other. What is going wrong with this world?

The music cuts off as the fans remain standing on their foot, booing to the top of their lungs, some of them tossing their trash from the night into the ring, disgusted at what they were seeing before their very eyes. Alexander Remington turns to Corey Casey and nods. Corey Casey proudly unstraps the IWF World Heavyweight Championship and carefully places it upon the right shoulder of Alexander Remington

Alexander Remington
Oh sure, boo me. Boo a man that for close to seven months has given every last bit of sweat and blood to build this company to new heights - heights that phony legends like Death Angel, Brandon MacDonald and Chuck Matthews could never attain. Boo me, but if Stygian walked through that curtain right now, you would rise to your feet and you would worship him as though he were a god among men when the reality is, he is nothing more than flesh and bones like the rest of us. Boo me, but tune in when this wretched company and its idiotic board of directors decide that it is in their best interests to promote the relics which have no place in this company today in the place of those of us who actually belong at the top of every card; headlining EVERY Pay Per View; faces on posters and billboards; appearances on Jay Leno and Letterman. That's where WE should be - guys like Axle Vengeance and I who have given our everything to this company, only to be disrespected by you and the faceless few who sit around a round table in Boston and declare what's best for the Insurgency without ever having wrestled a day in their lives. THAT'S who is making the decisions around here folks. THAT'S who decided it would be in the best interests of IWF to glorify a nobody like Brandon MacDonald at New Year's Evil and let HIM headline the card as opposed to the man that was fighting for the IWF Championship.

Remington scowled, turning his gaze toward Axle Vengeance who was leaning against the turnbuckles, resting after his championship victory.

Alexander Remington
Now don't get me wrong, Axle Vengeance deserves to be at the top of every card. Axle Vengeance is a legend in this sport, and he truly is one of the greatest to ever step foot in the ring. But no offense Dillinger, but your match against Brandon MacDonald didn't warrant closing 2012. I did. I was fighting for the IWF championship - the most esteemed and powerful championship in all of professional wrestling - but you know what happened when I phoned the board for an explanation? They conveniently were either not fielding calls, or they were taking their lunch break at 3 in the fucking afternoon. Brandon MacDonald is nothing more than a relic, and the Insurgency seems to adore that nostalgic factor. They promote their self-proclaimed legends while pushing down guys like me who give it their all week in and week out. It's disrespectful. I've worked too hard to get to this spot, and I'll be damned if I let the status-quo continue as though it doesn't matter. It does matter. And the status-quo ends tonight - rather, it ended at Rising Monarchy.

The fans continued to shout obscenities toward Alexander Remington; a beer bottle flying toward him out of nowhere; the glass shattering against his skull. Remington took a step back, bringing his hand across his head as he felt the blood trickle against his fingertips, but instead of doing something about it, he simply smiled, laughing as he stared at the fan who threw it.

Alexander Remington
Yeah, you're real cool sir. I bet your fatass girlfriend will give you head tonight for being man enough to throw a bottle at me from behind that barrier. Why don't you earn yourself some real points and step into this ring with me right now? No? Didn't fucking think so.

Disrespect. That's all I've been getting since I've come into this company, and it's time all of that changes. For what I've done for this company, I should be revered. Instead, I'm forced to watch on social media as your favorite "smartest man in wrestling" talks about the possibility of a retirement tour, and you sheep eat it all up. You get on your internet message boards, you troll your internet wrestling communities, you create a fictional character on a pathetic internet wrestling federation website, and you try to live vicariously through his character because for you, the most fame you'll ever get is the time a girl stuck her hand down your pants and you didn't ejaculate prematurely. I find it disrespectful that a guy like Chuck Matthews will make overtures to one, James Shark, and he'll go on and on about how on that night, he and Shark will be in the main event also. And you know what, Bob and Larry from creative will probably eat it all up too, and they'll probably get that to happen, but I assure you - I fucking PROMISE you - if that match happens, and they take the piece of real estate that I've EARNED during my time here in the Insurgency, I won't let that match happen without getting involved. I will knock Chuck Matthews the fuck out; I'll send James Shark walking back to whatever hellhole of a promotion he's fighting for these days, and I will stand over both their pathetic carcasses holding this championship high in the air as I once again make you all realize once and for all that this company does and always will revolve around me and the rest of the Empire.

Remington shook his head with disgust, staring at those fans in front of him who were writhing in anger at the current IWF champion.

Alexander Remington
Do you really think I fear this new authority figure that's come into the Insurgency to balance the power between Corey and herself? Absolutely not. Couldn't be any further from the truth. Just because some bitch has a complex about Corey Casey sticking his dick in between another girl's legs doesn't mean that I'm suddenly going to be deterred from what I've been trying to accomplish in the Insurgency. Jessica, you can come against the Empire with all the forces from heaven and hell itself, and the Empire will continue to get stronger and will continue to win this war. You are legitimately irrelevant when it comes to matters of this business, and I for one am not going to adhere to a single word that you say. What are you going to do huh? Fire me? Yeah, go ahead and fire me Jessica, and in the process, I'll take down IWF along with me. The next thing you know, IWF will close its doors and it'll be bankrupt, not just because I'm the reason these arenas are sold out when I'm in town; not just because merchandise flies off the shelf despite their claim to hate me, but because I made damn sure that when I signed my name on the dotted line for the Insurgency, I made sure I crossed every t and I dotted every i, and my contract is ironclad. Go ahead, fire me for my insubordination Jessica, but then you will be left without a job as well. Everyone will be without one. The relics that IWF glorifies on a weekly basis, they won't have a ring to return to when they want to experience another fifteen minutes of fame. The Insurgency will be nothing more than a sinking ship and you will be the captain that sunk it.

The Empire is going nowhere. The Empire has never been stronger. And the Empire is only going to get stronger...beginning tonight...

Remington cracked a smile as he glanced back at Corey Casey, Axle Vengeance, and Ace Static, who obviously were not in the loop as to what Alexander Remington was talking about. Alex smiled, turning to face Corey Casey.

Alexander Remington
Corey, I told you that you could trust me, and I told you that I would stop at nothing to make sure that the Empire continued to strengthen despite the war that is obviously soon to come against us. I told you that you didn't have to worry, because everything is in my control. When I left the Empire, I didn't do it because I didn't like you. No, I've always felt like you were a brother to me; closest thing to a friend that I could have in this business. I left because of guys that weren't cutting it like Parker Wayde and Baron Tomson. I left because I actually was foolish enough to believe that Griffin Hawkins was ever able of anything resembling friendship.

Remington shook his head with disgust at the mention of Hawkins' name.

Alexander Remington
But then I realized that Griffin Hawkins, week by week, was only trying to find the perfect opportunity to cash in his briefcase against me. His sole right as the owner of that briefcase, but he swore to me with an oath - he gave me his word - that he would not cash in on me unawares. And week by week, he would conveniently storm the ring after every one of my matches, briefcase in hand, and when it didn't work out for him, he would swear it was just coincidence that he held that briefcase within his grubby little fingers. But there was one who let me know otherwise. There was one person in the back I could rely on to feed me the truth, and let's just say I had my contingency plan all along. I knew that I could trust HER. And she told me of his plans, and she made me well aware that Griffin Hawkins was nothing more than a venomous snake, and the man I long considered my brother turned out to be nothing more than a cockroach.

Johnny - What in the hell is Alexander Remington talking about? Who is this SHE he is referring to?

Alexander Remington
You set me up to be the King of Insurgency Wrestling, Corey, and this ring is my throne. And no matter who comes against me, whether it be Stygian himself or a great wrestler from another land, I will continue to conquer each and every man and woman who comes for my crown. But my castle - it grows lonely. My throne-room has been bare. Every King needs his Queen, and I've found mine.

The crowd suddenly begins to chant 'Jaci, Jaci, Jaci,' but Remington just shakes his head.

Alexander Remington
You'd like that wouldn't you, but in my darkest hour, where in the hell was she to be found? Far far away, nothing more than a letter to explain her absence. So no, you'd like if Jaci Sovereign would walk through that curtain and reunite with me, but I'm having none of that. My queen and the newest addition to the Empire...

TIFFANI MICHAELS!!!!

Matt - WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Johnny - OH MY GOD!!!!!

"Miss Nothing" by The Pretty Reckless begins to play as the fans groan, not believing for one moment what they heard, almost assuming that Remington was just lying about the newest addition both to the Empire and to his personal life. But suddenly from the back, Tiffani Michaels walked out to a roar of boos from the masses, not believing what they were seeing. The cameras cut to Corey Casey as he stood there in disbelief, jaw almost hitting the floor, back to Remington as he stared at the stage with a sly grin on his face, and finally to Tiffani Michaels - a similar smirk being returned in Alexander's direction. Remington has a good laugh to himself, blowing a kiss in the direction of Tiffani Michaels as he glances at the camera, giving a wink as the show fades to black.

Copyright 2013

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 65: Power Play   Battle Grounds 65: Power Play I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds 65: Power Play
Page 1 of 1