Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  Empty
PostSubject: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker    Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 pm

I honestly think this is gonna be sneaky the match of the night right hur! This is the match that could steal and upstage the goddamned show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker   Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm

”Pieces of Mind”

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  Tumblr_m1z77dBJJ31r99f4t

Tuesday

With shaking hands, Blyss splashes cold water on her face and tries to grip the sink to support herself as she gazes into the mirror back at her bloodshot eyes. There are dark circles under her eyes as well and her lips look paler. She brushes through her hair in one rather weak motion and leans closer to the reflection.

Remember those words you used to tell yourself over and over again? What were they? Oh yes.. “Everything will be alright.” Did you really believe that? How much comfort did that give you? When you lay there on your bed in the dark and your mind refusing to rest, always thinking and worrying. What gave you the strength to pretend all will be well in the morning? You knew those words were nothing but a lie you were told. Do you recognize not the words but the tone? Words are a variable, always changing. People trick you, my dear, with their forked tongue. But I’m sure you’re smart enough to listen to what they are really saying. Is it coming back to you now? That sound of judgment, condescension and worst of all, pity.

Knock knock. A concerned yet slightly irritated voice is heard outside the lavatory asking if she is okay.

Your whole life until this very moment has taught you that nobody thinks much of what you can do. You have set goals for yourself, dreams and ambitions to be better than you are today. But no one has that trust in you. They think you will fail. That confidence you have in you, that is all me. I’m giving you what you cannot give for yourself because you let these people be your strength. They’re cutting you off from the stem like killing a flower that’s about to bloom. You will lay there in my support until you wither and die...

Knock knock. Again, the same voice is heard.

Unless you accept me fully, my dear, and only then can you be what you’ve envisioned yourself to be. Your family doesn’t care and neither do your friends. How many of those people have left you already? Mom... Taylor and the rest of your so-called best friends in high school... Michael... And soon everybody else you’ve newly considered friends.

A second voice is heard, slightly more panicked.

Only I stay. Nobody else but me.

The lavatory door opens and she steps out, greeted by a long line of pissed off passengers. She walks past them back to her seat, not caring at all. When she sits down, she looks out the window and wonders what it must feel like to actually fly.

Thursday

The place is crowded with people still dancing and having a good time at almost three in the morning. Blyss is sitting at the bar and waiting for her friends Jacob Figgins and Tim Patrick to arrive. Jacob comes first and though he isn’t the only one there sporting a pink hat (she’s noticed three others), she spots him right away as he enters the club. She hugs him in greeting.

Jacob Figgins
Hey! Is Tim here yet?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(shakes her head) Nope. Anytime now, I guess.

Jacob Figgins
Well, alright then I’ll just get you your drink first. What would you like?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(grins) Lemon soda please.

Jacob Figgins
(winks) Lady’s wish is my command!

As Jacob turns to the bartender, Tim walks over with a beer in hand and the newly won High Impact title belt in the other with a huge smile on his face. She reaches for a hug.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Hey... There’s the champ! Congrats, Tim!

Tim Patrick
Thanks, Blyss! We are definitely gonna party tonight.

Jacob Figgins
(hands Blyss her drink) And all drinks are on me, you guys. (raises his glass) To the three of us being champions!

Together
Cheers!

They clink glasses and drink up.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I am sooooo happy that you guys are here now! This tour has been pretty crazy especially in Belfast. I thought what happened at the bar that night was terrifying but your match... Unbelievable! I was so scared for you guys especially when the fans went on full riot mode at the end. By the way, thanks again for saving me at the bar, Tim.

Tim Patrick
Don’t mention it. Sorry you guys couldn’t beat Ethan and Aries though.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(shrugs) We almost had it. No hard feelings, Figgy. (smiles) I should’ve been more careful. That damn Aries, I swear.

Jacob Figgins
I thought we had it too, Blyss. And thanks.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

The guy’s got this annoying “I may be dumb but when I’m not, I pretend to be” thing going. It’s damn frustrating. You saw what he tweeted to me afterwards? I’ll show you!

She whips out her cell and opens up Twitter, scrolling through the mentions tab. But instead she spots a new tweet in the list sent by Gordon.

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  Screen-Shot-2013-04-22-at-116_zps8639a1d5

She gasps in disbelief and frowns. Tim checks his own phone.

Jacob Figgins
What’s wrong?

She shows it to Jacob who goes “ooh” in response. They hear Tim chuckling to himself as he replies to the tweet. She makes a tsk sound and scrolls through her phone contacts list.

Jacob Figgins
Are you calling him?

She holds up a finger, telling him to give her a moment. He turns to Tim and repeats the question but is only met with a shrug. She hears a click on the line and immediately starts yelling. It’s loud in the club anyways.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Gordon! I’ve been trying to reach you for the past few days since Monday. I don’t know where the hell you are or what happened after Battlegrounds. You haven’t even returned any of my messages or calls. And suddenly you decide to hop on Twitter and send me this stupid tweet? I thought I’ve made it clear that I’m a true friend and team mate. I helped you retain your title at Ascension just like I said I would and you’re still questioning my loyalties? What? Are you blaming me for what happened in Tokyo? Well I’m sorry I lost us the tag titles, Gordon! I’m also sorry that I stood in your way to get to Tim, Gordon! And I’m sorry that you have now lost your High Impact title as well, Gordon! I could have told you sooner but hey, you never picked up your damn phone! So don’t try to make me feel bad by pulling this crap on me, you lousy former travel buddy!

She ends the call and slams it down on the bar countertop.

Jacob Figgins
Wow... What did he say?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Nothing.

Tim Patrick
(frowns) Nothing? No apology?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(sighs, rubbing her temples) I didn’t actually talk to him. It was straight to voicemail.

Jacob Figgins
Oookay... Well, hey, let me go get you a refill and we can party and forget about all this.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(smiles) Sounds like a plan.

Her phone starts to buzz on the counter and the lighted up screen shows Gordon’s name.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(sneers) Oh look who decides to call back now?

Jacob Figgins
Tell him to stay away from ropes.

Tim Patrick
Tell him I’m feeding his testicles to birds after I pin him at Homecoming.

She shakes her head slightly in amusement and accepts the call. She raises the phone to her lips.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(calmly) Go to hell, Gordo.

With that, she turns off her phone and slips it back into her purse.

Jacob Figgins
I guess that will do.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Hey, you know what? Let’s go hit the beach. Maybe catch the sunrise or something?

The guys agree. Jacob pays for their drinks before they make their exit out of the club that’s now starting to wind down after yet another long night of partying.

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  Tumblr_m2dzil9YZA1r9nycc

Friday

It’s a little after one in the morning yet Blyss and Jaci are running on the beach. Neither girls can sleep; Blyss has a lot going on in her mind and Jaci... Well, Blyss isn’t too sure why there but she’s grateful nonetheless for her company. She’s had a rough night and right now she needs to get some fresh air away from the hotel room and to be with a friend. As they jog along on the sand side by side while listening to their own iPods, Blyss glances at Jaci who’s mouthing along to the lyrics of whatever she’s listening to.

She offers you nothing in this friendship. Why bother?

Blyss frowns, biting her lower lip as she keeps her pace. It isn’t true that Jaci’s like the other female friends that walk in and out of her life in a flash. Even though they don’t always see eye to eye on things like her recent breakup with Michael, Blyss finds herself confiding in her more and more everyday. She looks up to her too but there are times when she wishes Jaci would open up about certain things in her life that she mentions and then drops a few seconds later.

Some friend...

Blyss takes off her earpiece and shoves it into her pocket. Jaci notices this and takes off her own, arching an eyebrow.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I know you’re wondering why I dragged you out here with me in the middle of the night without much of an explanation.

Jaci Sovereign
I could tell you were upset, yeah. You can talk whenever you’re ready.

Blyss returns Jaci’s kind smile and sighs.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Okay, well, I’m just worried. Like really really worried.

Jaci Sovereign
About what?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Ever since winning the QoW/Phoenix title, I’ve only had a stupid match draw and a loss. In two weeks, I’ll be facing Cassidy while putting my championship on the line. It’s not looking well for me, Jace. What are my chances going into Homecoming?

Jaci Sovereign
Is that all that’s bothering you? There’s no way you would be this disturbed if it’s just work.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Wow... You’re good.

Jaci Sovereign
(grins) I know. Hey, let’s sit here.

They find a nice dim-lit spot on the beach and sit facing the waves. Blyss props up her knees and wraps her arms around them.

Jaci Sovereign
Okay, let me have it.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Michael reached out to me on Twitter this morning. (hesitates) He said he misses me. I can’t hear that, Jaci. So I told him to stop and logged off. I even turned off my cell in case he decided to call me. In the evening, I turned it on again and there was nothing until just an hour ago when he called. I don’t even know why I answered it. What he said only made me mad. He accused me for never loving him then and said I needed to “grow up”. He’s spewing out all this from out of nowhere when I just saw him tweeting to some Tori girl and it was obvious that they had spent some quality time together. What the fuck? I don’t get it. He’s throwing all this shit in my face just because “things are not the same anymore”. What else can I say? Other than “just forget it all”?

Jaci merely nods as she listens patiently. Blyss picks up a tiny seashell and throws it at the water. She wonders when Jaci would say something.

Jaci Sovereign
I think you’re being too hard on him. It’s reasonable of him to do that. He’s hurt, Blyss, because he doesn’t understand why you left him. Wasn’t it sudden? I know I’ve told you before that you shouldn’t rule out relationships in order to have a successful career. It’s not impossible to do both. But then again, it’s your decision and the least you can do is hear him out.

Blyss tosses another seashell, biting her lower lip.

Jaci Sovereign
I know it’s hard to hear what he has to say but perhaps he’s trying to get some closure.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

But did he have to tie this in with my losing streak right now? That’s what’s pissing me off. Like what we had actually had any effect on my ability as a wrestler. And he had the nerve to say it’s because of me dumping him, I’m losing in my matches. Seriously, Jaci, what the fuck? How can you not be mad if you were me?

Jaci Sovereign
Well, to be fair, what happens outside the ring may affect what we do in it. Not just relationships but just about anything. If you don’t sleep well or train enough, you won’t be able to wrestle as good as you actually can. Same goes for your mood and that’s obviously being affected these days. Michael reached out to you to say the things he said because he’s probably going through the same thing you are right now.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(scoffs) He’s just won a tag title. He’s doing fine. He said what he said to get back at me. To make me feel guilty for breaking up with him to concentrate on my career.

Jaci Sovereign
Are you feeling guilty now?

Blyss turns to face Jaci.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

...Maybe. I don’t know. I don’t think I can handle it all at the same time. I’m not like you, Jaci. It has to be one or the other. I can’t do it.

Jaci Sovereign
Oh Blyss... It doesn’t have to be. I’ve told you. It isn’t impossible.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

But it is to me. At least for now. Can we just leave it as that please?

Jaci Sovereign
(sighs) Okay fine. So who else is bothering you?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(frowns slightly) Uh, no one?

Jaci Sovereign
Oh really? I beg to differ.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Who, Gordon? I don’t even know... (sighs) These damn Australians, I swear!

Jaci Sovereign
What?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Yeah... Um, Michael’s Aussie-Canadian.

Jaci Sovereign
Huh. (grins) Interesting...

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(rolls her eyes) I know. They’re both a pain. Hey, you haven’t told me why you went home that day. I thought it was to settle some issues but then you came back saying you were on vacation with Jason so what gives?

Jaci Sovereign
Yeah I needed to settle some stuff and I did. Yup. And he was there so of course we had fun.

Jaci chuckles. Blyss waits for her to continue but Jaci doesn’t. Instead, Jaci stands and wipes the sand off her. Jaci holds out her hand and Blyss takes it. Jaci helps her up.

Jaci Sovereign
So shall we continue our run now?

This is not surprising. Real friends don’t hide things.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(forces a smile) Sure, Jaci. Let’s race!

Blyss takes off even before she finishes saying it. Squealing excitedly, Jaci chases after her. Inside, Blyss knows Jaci wants to tell her whatever it is she’s keeping to herself. Jaci catches up to her and shoves her gently for leaving her behind like that. Then she runs past her, laughing. Blyss smiles genuinely this time and speeds up. Jaci can tell her when she’s ready.

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  Tumblr_m1zkcq65jT1r99f4t

Monday - Shoot #2

Sitting somewhere near the top row of seats in the stadium, Blyss props up her feet on the chair in front. She’s wearing her normal black and red wrestling gear. She brushes off lint from her right pant leg before looking up at the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(gestures to the empty arena) Here we are in the Cidade Maravilhosa which means Marvelous City a.k.a Rio de Janeiro. Beautiful people, amazing beaches and when you picture Rio, you’d also picture the majestic statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooking the city. I went there earlier today just to look at it and admire it like everybody else but... What do I do to redeem myself now? Since winning the title at Ascension, I haven’t won a single match. (smirks) I almost did that night in Tokyo. I knocked Steel out clean and had him for the pin but what happened? I was denied. I’m pretty sure I had it first but whatever. Parker can have it for all I care. Just like the tag titles, he can have them. (covers lips) Whoops. Parker can’t. Because Parker already lost them to a better team. I say ‘better’ only because Jaci’s in it and she took the titles home. Who gives a shit about Aries? If it weren’t for that fucking idiot, I would have won the match last week. Sorry, I mean, we would have won last week. Once again, I’ve been cheated and tonight I guess I’ll be taking it out on Parker. Unlike last week, this match isn’t random. It’s a gift. Management didn’t pull this one out of a hat or a raffle drum. Parker just could not shut up on Twitter about saving Steel Angel and being a Grand Slam champion the same night he returned to the Insurgency. Of course I had to say something when I found out Gordon and I had to face those two the week after Ascension for the tag titles. I knew it was going to be an easy win. They hate each other, their partnership was pretty much last minute and forced in the first place and out of pure greed and ego, they hang onto each other like lovers who know for sure their relationship is bound to fail no matter what but still try anyways. But Parker doesn’t listen to anyone and guess what, that feeling is mutual. I’ve told him that the team of Parker and Steel will not last long as champions and I may have failed to prove that but it’s still proven nonetheless, even if it’s by someone else. See where your arrogance has led you, Parker? Putting the titles on the line for two weeks in a row? Even after almost losing them to me? Without a championship. That’s where you are right now... and here I am.

She puts her feet down and leans closer toward the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

You like to make it a point to mention the fact that I never pinned you in our last match, almost as often as you criticizing Steel for being the weak link between you two and blaming him for losing the titles. You keep saying how I should “deal” with you instead if I wanted the tag titles. (scoffs) Are you kidding? Isn’t Steel your partner? Wasn’t he one half of the tag team champions then? Me “dealing” with Steel isn’t actually the wrong thing to do. You were probably too high to think straight when you said that. It’s alright. I understand. Just like when you tried to mess with me on Twitter about some stupid “present” and how you “just want to talk” so “don’t be late”? How gullible do you think I am? I don’t even like you so I don’t trust you and the only time I wanna see your stupid face is during our match. And don’t worry, you’ll definitely be getting all of my attention tonight in the ring, Parker. This time, all I want from you is to take back what you said about me. About how I apparently “tried to take the easier road” because I “didn’t want to have to deal with Parker to win them”. (chuckles) You couldn’t be more wrong there, Parker. I didn’t care who I had to beat to win those tag titles. I don’t understand why people are so damn concerned about which team member I wrestle with to get what I want. Just like how I happened to pin Baron Blaze at Ascension to pick up the win. I honestly don’t care who as long as he or she is the legal person or is the first one I see. At least when Molly argued with me that I didn’t keep the promise of beating her for the title like I said I would, it made sense. I mean, it has to really suck for her to lose it to me without being pinned. (smirks) But then you come along and try to say the same thing? Nuh uh. No way in hell, Parker. That doesn’t fly in this situation and I’m pretty sure that as dumb as you sound there, you’re actually a smart guy so you know that you cannot use the same argument that little bitch did. You held a shared championship so it didn’t matter at all who I choose to pin in the middle of that ring. Steel was a tag champ with you whether you like it or not, whether you acknowledge that cold hard fact or not. Hey Parker, did you watch the match on tape? I suggest that you do so you can see how Gordon was keeping you busy while Steel stood there like an idiot contemplating whether or not to help you thinking he had me counted out for the match after one little clothesline. So please just stop bitching and moaning about this already and shut the hell up.

She runs a hand through her hair in frustrated fashion.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I’m glad we have this match tonight, Parker because I’m really hoping to mess up your face with the BKO just in time for your Homecoming match. Imagine Parker losing the ability to talk because it would hurt to physically open his damn mouth. No more Parker promos. (smirks) And the world will be a better place. Or maybe I’ll switch it up tonight and put you in Oh Sweet Bliss!, something I haven’t used in a long time. Parker, you put on this impression like you’ve done it all, like you can beat just anybody, like you’re the goddamn boss everywhere you go. You boast about your accomplishments and your ability to do this and do that. You not only question your opponents to make them feel inadequate about themselves even before they step into the ring with you but you also question your own tag partner Steel. You cast a big shadow of doubt over them all because well, you stand at 6 foot 2 and weigh in at 272 lbs, so why not make yourself look bigger than you actually are. Just for fun. Your mannerisms in what you do seem well thought out and methodical. But I’m not in the slightest bit fooled by this. I can understand the whole “I wanna win ‘em all” mentality but I don’t get how you would go about doing so with someone you don’t even like. What’s the logic there? Did you lose a bet with someone or something? Is that why you’re still preparing for your tag title rematch with him even though you kept saying that you supposedly carried the team and that “Steel Angel sucks”. Oh wait... You’re scared now, aren’t ya? You now realize that you can’t win back the titles without being civil to your partner, without actually working together like a real team and especially without blaming him for every loss. You need him at Homecoming because despite their differences, Jaci and Aries worked together to beat you and I think it’s cute that you’re learning now. Better late than never, right? And since Steel lost to Griffin last week, you need a win against me now for a better momentum going into the PPV. And because you think quite lowly of your partner, I’ll bet you think it’s gonna be an easy one to beat me one on one. Steel couldn’t it but Parker can. But hey Parker, you’ve heard of the saying “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”, right? I’ve had a pretty shit past few weeks and I’m fucking pissed off that I’ve sacrificed some things in life just to advance in my career and right now, it’s not reflecting what I’m hoping to achieve here. And I myself need this win going into Homecoming for my own title match. You constantly talk about how you’re going down the same road again because you know, you’re just that fucking accomplished. You’re starting to slip because you have no fire in you to go further or improve. Parker’s slacking big time and I’m going to take full advantage of that. This fight tonight will show the fire that still exists in me, that great desire to succeed and the very statement to show the challenger to my Phoenix championship title that I mean for the belt to stay with me after Homecoming. I wanna thank you in advance for this opportunity to fight and beat you and for being an example... The end result... The casualty of my climb to the top of this company. I may be the last woman to hold the title of IWF’s Queen of Wrestling but I plan to carry that moniker all the way through so no matter what championship I hold or wherever I go, my name will be synonymous with the word ‘Queen’ in this business.

Blyss leaps up from the seat and walks away in a huff.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker    Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:54 pm

[3:16 PM Day of the Show]
Parker drops his bag in the first locker of the row, and sits down in the chair the last occupant had left nearby. He smells the air and then immediately regrets the decision, something like sweaty taint seems to be lingering in the room. After looking around the rather plain room, he unzips his gym bag. Parker starts to pull out his ring gear, but hesitates. He looks at the door, and then takes the ear bud out of his left ear. Leaning his head in the direction of the door, he can make out the sounds of someone knocking on the door across the hallway rather impatiently. Abruptly the noise stops. Parker hears the door crash against the wall as the person inside rips it open. At the same time, an argument breaks out. Parker can hardly blame the guy for yelling, whoever the hell was beating on the door would have gotten the same treatment from Parker had he/she/it mistakenly chose his door. Not even a full minute passes, and the sounds outside stop. Parker turns away from the door and starts to put his ear bud back in, but the same frantic knocking sound comes to his door. He shakes his head in disappointment. Maybe, one day, he would be able to prepare for a show in peace. However, this was not that day. Parker would be damned if he gave whoever it was the satisfaction of a door slam or even a raised voice. Instead, he removed his headphones completely, and puts them in the pocket of his hooded sweatshirt with his iPod. Turning back to the door, which appears to shiver in pain with every heavy blow from the outside, he finally answers, without so much as a drop of anger in his voice.

-Parker-
Come in, it's open.

The pounding stops and is replaced by the squeaking sound of a door knob that probably should have been replaced before the turn of the century. Parker doesn't even watch the door open, turning back to his gym bag and starting to sort out the items within. The clicking sound of, what has to be, at least a five inch heel draws a sigh from Parker that has all of the irritation in it that he had masked when he didn't know who the assailant was. Her perfume was sweet, but his experience with smelling it left a bad taste in his mouth. This was not the visit that he needed right now. As a matter of fact, this was not a visit that he needed ever. The door closed gently, and the sound of the heels moved towards the center of the room, stopping behind Parker. His visitor said nothing, apparently waiting to be addressed before speaking.

-Parker-
I thought we decided that last time was going to be the last time?

A laugh, meant to be a thing of joy, comes out of the mouth of the woman as a shriek. Parker flashes back to school, and that horrible sound that a flat piece of chalk made on a chalkboard. A cold chill ran up his spine, but even as he shook it off, the woman said nothing. He wasn't going to dare turning to face her. To give her that kind of power over the conversation would be to concede to whatever she was here to ask him to do.

-Parker-
Hey, Helen Keller, this is the part where you need to speak up. Then again, I guess if you were her, you wouldn't have been able to hear me say that. Then again, if you couldn't hear me talk, then you wouldn't have come through the door. I guess that was a bad comparison. On the other hand, are there any famous people that are just mute? Charlie Chaplin did silent movies. Then again, he could actually talk when the camera wasn't rolling.

-Marie Daniels-
You talk a lot more than you used to.

This draws a short laugh from Parker, one that falls between a laugh and a chuckle. Parker tilts his head back, a clear sign of the fact he has already grown tired of the visit. He drops his shoulders, and tilts his head to the side, feeling a small pop in the base of his neck.

-Parker-
I am not going to ask. I don't work for you anymore. Actually, I don't even work for your company anymore. We finished up my contract months ago.

-Marie Daniels-
Can't I just stop by to say hello?

-Parker-
You wouldn't dare take the time out of your busy schedule to fly across the world and say hello to me. After all, I am sure you have a baby to eat, or a puppy that you should be kicking somewhere.

-Marie Daniels-
Oh look, he has jokes. I guess that saying about old dogs isn't true.

-Parker-
I suppose "dog" is a whole lot less racist than "monkey" would have been.

-Marie Daniels-
It would have been slightly more comparable, but wouldn't have fit the phrase. You already knew that though. It's been less than a minute and you are already reaching so far for insults.

-Parker-
It isn't an insult if it is true.

-Marie Daniels-
I suppose you are right. So you really aren't going to ask why I am here?

-Parker-
I thought you were just saying hello.

Marie opens her mouth, but the last jab leaves her speechless. She closes her mouth, and takes a few steps towards Parker. His shoulders tighten, bracing for whatever she was going to do, which really didn't rule out much of anything. His fear subside as she takes a step past him and reaches down to push his bag out of the locker and onto the floor. Marie holds the back of her dress while she sits on the shelf that the bag used to be on, and immediately crosses her legs. She catches Parker checking her out as she does so, and catches his eye. With a single wink of her left eye, she sees the blood rush into his cheeks, embarrassed over being caught in the act.

-Marie Daniels-
There are some things going around about you Parker.

-Parker-
There always are. I am kind of a big deal.

-Marie Daniels-
Silly boy, you aren't able to see two feet in front of your face are you? That is the problem with you people, you can't see the bigger picture. I am not talking about your big Grand Slam win, or your failed tag team title reign. No, things much more interesting than that have come to my attention.

-Parker-
[feigning surprise]
Oh my god! Please, tell me so that I might go about repairing my damaged reputation. The last thing I need are bad rumors flying around about me.

-Marie Daniels-
Must we play these petty games? You're starting to hurt my feelings.

-Parker-
Games? I brushed aside that "you people" comment didn't I? Plus, I didn't know you were capable of such things. Don't you put on your persona of being some ice cold bitch? Aren't you incapable of letting someone get under your skin? Or have you softened in your old age?

Marie clasps her hands in front of her body and pantomimes stabbing herself in the heart. She falls back towards the back of the locker with a smile on her face. Slowly she lets her head droop to the side, leaving her eyes blank, but wide open.

-Parker-
Oh please, we both know the only way to kill you is to throw a bucket of water on you. Not that I wouldn't mind watching you melt away before my eyes.

Marie gives him no response, continuing to look down at the floor blankly. Parker leans down and picks something up out of his gym bag with a smile on his face.

-Parker-I guess there is another way. Burning you alive would work too right?

Parker flicks open the top of his zippo and places his finger on the mechanism to spark it before he receives a response.

-Marie Daniels-
Don't do it unless you can pay for it, and we both know that you can't afford to do that. Even with all of these different companies signing your paychecks, we just aren't even close to being in the same tax bracket.

He snaps the lighter closed with a smile.

-Parker-
What do you know, looks like I was right. Are we done here?

Marie sits back up out of the locker and clasps her hands, placing them on her knee.

-Marie Daniels-
I really like the Winter. How about you?

-Parker-
I'm black and I live in Miami in the winter, what do you think?

-Marie Daniels-
[continuing as if Parker said nothing]
Especially February. That last month of cold before things start to come back to life.

-Parker-
Is there a point to this?

-Marie Daniels-
How did you spend your February, Parker?

There it was. The reason that she had flown halfway across the world to meet him. She was gloating. Someone had spilled the beans about Parker's little mishap after leaving IWF. He had thought it was only he and Edwin that knew the truth, but it didn't surprise him that the story had spread. Marie had a knack for finding this kind of information. Parker leans back in his chair, straightening his back and rolling his shoulders.

-Parker-
So you do want something after all. Good old-fashioned "I know something about you that you don't want the world to know" blackmail. To think I was starting to believe that maybe you did just want to see me again.

-Marie Daniels-
Maybe I just want to hear it in your own words.

-Parker-
You don't really think that I would give you the satisfaction?

She smiles. Of course she didn't. Nor did she really care.She knew Parker well enough to know that he wasn't going to waste any more of his breath talking to her than was absolutely necessary. To be honest, she was surprised that she had gotten anything that wasn't an insult out of him. Marie was going to have to carry the conversation for him, if she wanted to get him to do anything for her.

-Marie Daniels-
Being a world champion does that kind of thing to a person. It happens to the best of us....

-Parker-
Like you would know....

-Marie Daniels-
You are so feisty. I used to like that about you, but now it is just starting to get annoying. This is the part where you just shut up and listen.

Parker does as he is told, but not without a bit of theatrical exaggeration. Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he nods his head towards her, giving her silent permission to continue to wherever it was that she was going with this.

-Marie Daniels-
So, a world champion crumbles before everyone's very eyes. Crashes and burns to big events back to back. That very same guy then leaves all three of the companies that he works for in the same week, and signs a contract where he wouldn't have to appear for a month. Seems like one hell of a way to take a vacation.

The pauses long enough to let Parker respond, if he so cared to. A moment goes by and he remains silent, not to her surprise his eyes only narrow, with his rage just building on the inside.

-Marie Daniels-
See, the thing that nobody knows, is that after this kid, this rookie, hit it big, he had a little breakdown. Maybe he takes a few swings at a guy in a bar. Maybe he breaks that guy's face in a couple different places. A guy like that shouldn't be allowed out on the streets with innocent civilians should he?

Parker's jaw tightens and he grinds his teeth. Marie can tell that she is getting under his skin. If she continues pushing his buttons in the right order, Parker would be clamoring to do whatever she wanted, just to get her to leave.

-Marie Daniels-
So what is a guy to do? Charges are drawn up. Lawsuits are about to be filed. Then, all of a sudden, a witness to the fight finally speaks up. Some half witted writer from San Diego that follows the kid around says he saw the whole thing. The kid acted in self-defense, and it just got a little out of hand. This guy acts like some sort of psychiatrist in front of a judge in some closed door meeting, and just like that, the charges were dropped. Not a peep about the whole thing made it any further than the people that saw it happen. No records. No paper trail. Isn't that a shame? What about this man who has to have his face rebuilt from scratch? Where is his justice?

The frustration finally boils over. Parker's tone of voice is calm, but the words that come out of his mouth are heavy with disdain.

-Parker-
Sounds like the guy didn't deserve anything more than the ass whooping he got.

She barely lets him finish his sentence before she starts to go at him again, pressuring him harder now that she knows he is on the verge of breaking.

-Marie Daniels-
See, that's the thing. The writer, or should I say "former" writer, lied. Turns out he was a friend of the attacker. Pulled the wool right over the eyes of everyone, and then walked the kid right out of the court house. The whole thing was over almost before it began. All it took was a promise that this clearly deranged athlete would get some help for his anger problems.

-Parker-
Somebody with those kinds of issues sounds like a dangerous person to try and manipulate. I would be extra careful in that kind of person's presence.

-Marie Daniels-
I don't think that is going to be a problem. With all of the meetings and therapy that he had to go to, he seems to have balanced out. He is even forced to take his medication because the writer threatens to go to the judge and recant his statement if this guy steps out of line.

-Parker-
That would be pointless. The writer would end up dragging himself down as well.

-Marie Daniels-That is the thing about people that have heart, and this writer has an awfully big one, those type of consequences don't really matter to them. Plus, if you were unemployed and had a very large athlete that isn't averse to putting your head through a wall coming after you.... Prison wouldn't seem so bad.

-Parker-
And what makes you think that this kid is actually taking the medication?

Marie again only smiles. She uncrosses her legs, and reaches down into Parker's bag. After only seconds of rummaging, as Parker had already emptied most of it, she pulls out an orange medicine bottle.

-Marie Daniels-
... because this bottle is half empty, and I still have a head on my shoulders.

Parker uncrosses his arms and claps sarcastically as he leans forward. He plucks the bottle from her hand, careful not to so much as touch her hand. He spins it in his hand, reading over the label that he had memorized months ago. At first he didn't want to take them. He had told Edwin a dozen times that he could control himself. Less than a week after the incident Marie knew about, there was something else. Edwin refused to tell him what happened. Parker couldn't remember anything but the color red. It wasn't until then that he actually caved in and went to get help, but Marie's story was more accurate than he thought it would be.

-Marie Daniels-
Is it like being in a cage?

He honestly hadn't thought much about it. His doctors would probably tell him that it would be best if he didn't dwell on it. The truth of the matter was, he hadn't thought about it because he hardly noticed the change in himself. Instead of neutralizing the problem, it just seemed to move that tipping point further down the line. Parker wasn't any less angry, he was just harder to push off the high dive.

-Parker-
It's more like signing up to run a 200m race, and then finding out it is actually a 5k. There are no steel bars stopping me from doing whatever it is that I please, it is just thickens my skin, so to speak. You can dig at me as much as you want. I have played this game with you, and I have won. You don't have anything on me. Your leverage is gone.

-Marie Daniels-
I thought of you when this opportunity came up, but to tell you the truth, I can't do it with THAT guy.

[She points to the bottle in his hand]
I need a guy that could snap the neck of this poor bastard sitting in front of me. So, we seem to be at a crossroads.

She stops, locking eyes with Parker and searching for his response. He was definitely harder to read than he used to be, but his skin wasn't nearly as thick as he thought it was. Parker allows himself a half smile, and he nods to her once again, giving her his permission to continue.

-Marie Daniels-
My request is so simple that you can't say no.

-Parker-
No.

-Marie Daniels-
You haven't let m....

-Parker-
[cutting her off]
So are we done now?

-Marie Daniels-
Shut your mouth!

The outburst from Marie is almost exactly the one that she was trying to draw out of Parker. Her eyes bulge and her face twists into a scowl. Parker never had a mother around to look at him with such rage when he had messed up, so this type of reaction from a woman was foreign to him. He sat back by reflex alone, which was enough to give her a window to straighten herself up. She brushed her bangs out of her eyes, and uncrossed her legs so that she could lean forward. The position that she took made her words even more condescending.

-Marie Daniels-
I am done playing this game, and now you are just going to listen to me for a moment. Hear me out for the next...

[she looks at the clock on the wall]
thirty seconds... and then I will go. Isn't that what you want?

-Parker-
You have thirty seconds.

The scowl fades back into the facade of a happy-go-lucky attitude before she continues.

-Marie Daniels-
Before IWF, you made a living helping people recover from injuries and then come back better than they were when they went down. All I am asking is that you find time in your busy schedule to take on a little side job I have for a person with your talents. No more. No less.

-Parker-
Give me a reason why I should.

-Marie Daniels-
That's the punchline, Parker, I don't have to. You have already made up your mind. We have both known that much since the moment I walked in the door. You just have yet to admit it to yourself.

She reaches into the small clutch bag that she had carried in and produced a flip phone. As she stands, she drops the phone where she was sitting and then makes a line for the door.

-Marie Daniels-
Mine is the only number in the phone, but you probably already knew that. You remember how this goes, don't you? Call me when you have cleared time in your schedule. Don't keep me waiting.

The door handle creaked even louder from this side of the door. She pulled it open, and without so much as looking back at Parker she stepped through it and let it close softly behind her. Parker listened as the clicking sound of her heels faded as she got further from the door. He reaches down, starting to clean up all of his things that she just smacked on to the floor. As throws the last item in the bag, he looks back at the door.

-Parker-
What a bitch....

==========================================================================

Parker really doesn't have it in him to tear you up Blyss. See, this is normally the part where Parker sits down and tells you all the ways that he is going to beat you once the bell rings. Normally Parker would go on and on about how you don't have a chance in hell to walk out of this match with a victory. Normally... Parker would believe every single word of it too. The problem with doing that same old song and dance this time, is that Parker wouldn't believe it. See, all of this talk about proving that Parker is better than you when you didn't take the tag titles is bullshit. You know, just as well as Parker does, that retaining the titles was a technicality. You pinned my partner, and Parker pinned yours. As far as Parker is concerned, that puts us on the same ground. Neither of us lost that match, and neither of us walked away with a win. That is why Parker asked for this match. This is all fairly new ground for Parker. Maybe Parker's doctors might even call it some sort of breakthrough. The big black man has had some sort of grand epiphany.

There was a time when Parker had pissed off everyone in this company. It is no surprise that Parker likes to run at the mouth. If Parker can out trash talk you, clearly he is going to beat you in the ring. However, when you are as cocky as Parker is, or at least has been, people start to shy away from you. Way back when Parker won the High Impact title, and then beat the IWF Champion Robbie Hart, Parker was just about the least respect guy around. That didn't change until Parker fought Stygian for the IWF Championship, and really listened to what "superman" had to say. All that man had to talk about was the skill that he saw in Parker. Stygian, IWF title reign coming to a close, gave Parker that first taste of recognition that he needed. Stygian and Parker went into the match as equals, and one man emerged better. Both of us knew the score going in, and Stygian fell due to his own hubris.

What Parker is telling you tonight, is the same thing. You were in the ring with Parker, and you survived. In Parker's year in this business, no person has prevented themselves from falling with Parker in the ring. Every person has been pinned, or beaten down and left in a pile in the middle of the ring. That was until you walked out of the ring after pinning Steel Angel. Parker has lost matches in the past, but every one of them have been avenged, and in a big way. So far, nobody has been able to escape the fate that Parker has promised them in IWF. Currently, you are the exception to that rule, and that just isn't going to stand.

While Parker is not here to tear you apart with words, he doesn't want to give you the wrong impression either. Parker isn't going to waste his time trying to insult you. Parker isn't going to make the mistake of doubting your ability. You are not going to be underestimated. On the other hand, you are an anomaly that cannot be allowed to stand. You need to be cut down just like every person before you in this company. Parker expects you to push him to his very limit. Parker expects that we will be stealing the show in Rio. You aren't going to lose because you are inferior. You are going to lose because you have to lose, or Parker will no longer be that kid that got the respect of the Black Dragon. You are trying to take something from Parker. That isn't going to stand. You will lose. There is no other option for you.

[5:41 PM Day of the Show]
The door of the locker room swings open, with the creaking of the hinges being loud enough to grab Parker's attention. He sighs loudly, and then once again pulls the earbuds from his ears. There was no knock at the door, he would have heard such. That means it can only be one person standing behind him.

-Edwin-
You ready to go out there an...

He stops, smelling the air of the room, and then sharpening his gaze on the back of Parker's head. A smile crosses Parker's face, he can tell just by the way that Edwin cut himself off that he already knows about the visitor Parker had earlier.

-Edwin-
What the fuck was she doing here?

-Parker-
Your guess is as good as mine.

-Edwin-
Bullshit. Marie Daniels does not travel halfway across the world for no reason. To do that she would have to take time out of her busy schedule beating small children.

Parker laughs out loud. Hadn't he thought the same thing when she walked in the door? Edwin had evolved from that naive reporter that he started out as. He wasn't following Parker anymore, he was damn near leading. His ability to diagnose a situation within seconds was starting to be as good as Parker's was.

-Parker-
She just barged in to say hi. Or at least that is what she said.

-Edwin-
Barged in, eh? I think we both know that people like her have to be invited in before they step through the doorway.

-Parker-
You just walked right in and made yourself at home didn't you?

-Edwin-
Yea, but I don't live my life making young men sign their souls away to work for me. That chick is bad news. The worse part is, you know that. Why didn't you throw her out?

-Parker-
Are you so sure that I didn't?

Edwin moves across the room, getting closer to Parker. He looks down over the star's shoulder, and then past him to the locker. He touches the frame, and then turns back to his friend.

-Edwin-
Being that there is no signs of a struggle, and the essence of skank is still hanging in the air, I would guess that you heard her out. The real question is, why you are trying to act like you didn't.

-Parker-
You never cease to amaze me Eddy. Alright, I will play your game. Yea, she was here. Yea, I heard her out. She wanted me to do some job for her. Something about me being the perfect trainer that she needed.

-Edwin-
And....???

-Parker-
... and I told her to go fuck herself.

-Edwin-
In those exact words?

-Parker-
Nah, it was something like that though. That dirty slut smell has killed about half the brain cells I had left. I feel like there was something about Helen Keller in there somewhere.

-Edwin-
If only... the world would actually be a better place if she was deaf, blind and silent.

-Parker-
No joke.

The two both pause to have a laugh at Marie's expense. On one hand, Parker wasn't going to tell Edwin what she actually came for. On the other, it was good that they shared the same distaste for the woman. Parker never understood why either. Edwin must have had his own history with her before his time as Parker's keeper. The writer sits down in the locker that she previously occupied and leans back until his head rests on the back wall.

-Edwin-
The good thing is she is gone now. No good comes of her being around, and you have work to do tonight.

Parker sits up, apparently offended by the statement. Edwin's eyes are closed so he doesn't so much as flinch at the movement.

-Parker-
The fuck is that supposed to mean? You thinking I can't get it done?

Edwin opens his left eye, knowing from the tone of Parker's voice that he had moved up and taken a more offensive position. This was the response that Edwin had hoped to draw out of him. This match was big. He wanted Parker to be ready. He needed this win.

-Edwin-
Just saying. Didn't she technically beat you last time?

-Parker-
Nah, she technically beat Steel. Doesn't matter. Blyss didn't walk away with a title. It was a fluke.

-Edwin-
They probably say the same thing about your title reign. You only beat half of the former champs to win the titles. You almost lost the first defense, and then you crashed and burned in Australia.

-Parker-
Man you trying to piss me off?

-Edwin-
Piss off, fire up, its all the same thing. Just wanted to make sure your head is in the game, and not wrapped around whatever that succubus wanted with you.

-Parker-
I already told you that I turned her down.

-Edwin-
No, actually you didn't. I asked you what your exact words were and you basically changed the subject.

-Parker-
I didn't take her up on the offer.

-Edwin-
But you didn't exactly tell her no either did you.

-Parker-
[with a smile on his face]
Nah, I definitely told her no somewhere in there.

Parker sits back, and puts his earbuds back in his ears. He was done with this conversation and hopefully his answer had satiated Edwin. Parker was good at lying with the truth. He had told her no, that much was true. He also knew that she wouldn't have left until she knew, for a fact, that he was going to take her up on the offer. Parker didn't want to worry about that tonight though. Tonight was about proving something to himself. Plus, one person coming into his locker room and trying to manipulate him was one person too many. Two people in one night and Parker was on the borderline of making an example out of the next person to knock on the door.

-Parker-
[After a heavy sigh]
Yea, my head is in the game. It always is. Now how about you get lost so that I can focus.

-Edwin-
If you needed time to rub one out, all you had to do was ask.

Edwin could already hear the blaring music before he even said anything. Maybe that was part of the reason that he said it. Parker was back to rummaging through his bag, not really looking for anything but wanting Edwin to leave him in peace. The writer grabs a hold of both sides of the locker and pulls himself to his feet. Parker doesn't even think about looking up at him as he goes. The air pressure in the room changes as the door closes behind Edwin, and only then does Parker look up.

-Parker-
What an asshole.

"The Phoenix Champion"

That is what you are calling yourself now, right? You win a title that limits you to dominating a few girls, and that isn't enough for you. Parker will have to admit, that is pretty admirable. You could have held on to that thing, beating down the same three chicks and hanging on to that title for life. You really would have been everything that the "Queen of Wrestling" would entitle you to be. Instead you had to up the ante. You weren't satisfied with the level that you were on, so you set the bar a little bit higher for yourself. Blyss found her big girl pants and decided that she wanted to try her hand with the whole roster. You wanted to hold a title that everybody could compete for, but you didn't want to bother trying to win one to do it. Instead, you took the easy route through the smallest crowd, and then turned a tiny trophy into something that has a change to actually mean something.

It was a smart move on your part. In a way, you are just turning back history. That women's title used to be the New Blood championship, and Steel Angel used to carry that around. It's almost like that title was always meant to be defended by anyone, and you are just returning it to its rightful place in the world. However, now that you took yourself out of the pond, and dumped yourself into the ocean that is the entire IWF roster, it is going to be up to you to figure out where you end up in the world. You have an intergender title that doesn't yet have have a place carved out for it. The pressure is totally on you to determine the level of that belt. If you do well, the Phoenix title could end up being more important than the High Impact. If you fall flat on your face, then that championship falls with you. It could end up more of an afterthought than the Uprising Championship.

Parker knows why you did it though. Parker has felt the way that you felt holding the that Queen of Wrestling Championship. Parker felt the same way when he won the Full Throttle belt all that time ago. It was like having having a collar around your neck, slowly choking your progress in this company, was it not? You are smarter than Parker was back then, or rather, you had an opportunity that Parker didn't. The only option that Parker had to get that choker off his neck was to take a step back and drop that title, in order to jump forward to the next hurdle. Instead of dropping your gold and going after something better, you have redefined the belt that you are holding, and allowing yourself to move forward as far as it will take you. Parker thought he was doing that with the High Impact Championship, like you, he wanted to change that belt into something more than it already was. Parker wanted to shit on the history of that title, and take it to a higher level. Sure enough, that collar, the one that was choking out Parker's career, it came right back after a while. Parker was beating IWF Champions and there was no way he could ride that High Impact title higher than the biggest prize in this company.

Instead of just taking a belt that exists, and molding it in your image, you have created something completely new. In doing so, you have put it solely on your shoulders to take it to its fullest potential. Honestly, Parker is going to be watching you the whole time, and not for the reason that most guys watch you do whatever it is you do in that ring. Parker wants to watch you succeed with that belt just as much as he wants you to fail with it. Either you are going to plummet to the bottom, or you are going to rise all the way up to the glass ceiling. Parker is going to watch you become an afterthought, or he is going to watch that belt strangle you until you take a step back and drop it in someone else's hands. It is going to be a fine show no matter what course you take.

=========================================================================

[6:03 PM Day of the Show]

Leaving Parker alone in a locker room had never made Edwin more nervous. Marie Daniels was not good news, and Edwin knew Parker well enough to know that he was already in the palm of her hand. The only positive that he had going for himself was knowing that Parker was still here in the building, and hadn't already run off on whatever errand she needed him for. Nothing was ever simple or straight-forward with that woman, and Parker knew that, but for some reason Edwin didn't think it would matter. He rounds the corner towards the staging area, not really sure where he was headed, but needing to kill some time. Edwin was mid-step and stopped in the middle of the hallway as soon as the stank smell of bitch hit his nose. He didn't even put his left foot all the way back down on the ground before she started in on him.

-Marie Daniels-
How long do you think it will take him to think of an excuse to bail on you?

Edwin knew that she was smart, but wasn't sure she would be able to read him so well. Maybe things were worse than he thought they were.

-Edwin-
You broke that kid last time. You let him think he killed a guy. Then you ran away in fear that you had pushed him over the edge.

-Marie Daniels-
Oh boohoo Edwin. You have no sense of humor.

-Edwin-
Bullshit. Don't act like you know me. I am the kind of guy that knows the difference between things that are sick, and things that are funny. Toying with Parker is going to get somebody, probably you, hurt. Then what is he going to do?

-Marie Daniels-
Hopefully he has someone there to lie his way out of it. That is the kind of thing that can really teach someone a life lesson isn't it?

-Edwin-
Maybe if he...

-Marie Daniels-
[cutting him off with a laugh]
Maybe? That's the best you got?

Edwin knew that she was right and couldn't find the words to even convince himself otherwise. What kind of chance did Parker have to out-maneuver her. He might have that cocky and confident exterior, but Edwin knew that under that Parker was easily manipulated. It wasn't his fault though, Parker was driven by the need to be better, and more successful today than he was yesterday. When you offer those kind of people any opportunity, they take it. Marie Daniels knew how to sell her agenda in a way that would appeal to Parker. She knew it. Edwin knew it. Hell, even Parker himself knew it on some level.

-Edwin-
You need him to stop taking the medication don't you. That is the reason you didn't try to get to him through me.

It was her turn to be surprised by Edwin. He had been around long enough to know the score. Although, he wouldn't have made it easy for her to get to Parker no matter what. It was probably less time consuming to take a shot on her own.

-Marie Daniels-
You're sharp. You know that isn't the only reason I didn't come through you though. As much as you would like to think, Parker doesn't actually need you. You aren't even a cog in the machine Edwin. Talking to you is a waste of my time.

Again, he can't help but to laugh at her confidence. She was mostly correct, but it was her hubris in general that he found amusing.

-Edwin-
Then how do you explain waiting to talk to me just now?

[He pauses, and she shrugs her shoulders without a response.]
Nevermind. I am not playing this game.
[He goes to walk past her, but stops, looking into her eyes]
You get him to stop taking that stuff and no amount of my lying, or your connections is going to be able to bail him out this time.

-Marie Daniels-
What makes you think I care?

He rolls his eyes. Should he have even expected anything else from her?

-Edwin-
I don't think you care.

[He squares her shoulders to her]
As a matter of fact, I know for a fact that you don't care.
[He takes a step towards her, coming nearly nose to nose]
I will, however, rest easier knowing that I tried to warn you.

The look on her face shows that Marie is at least a little intimidated by the way Edwin's attitude just transformed in an instant, but the tone of her voice seems immune to such things.

-Marie Daniels-
I don't need your warning.

-Edwin-
You can't control him.

-Marie Daniels-
Are you dumb enough to think that I would actually try to?

-Edwin-
No. I suppose you are just going to light the fuse and point him whichever direction suits you.

-Marie Daniels-
By god he's got it. Boy you are smart.

Edwin's eyes soften, he reaches up with his left hand, towards her face. At first Marie instinctively draws away, but then becomes frighteningly still as Edwin brushes the hair from her face and back over her ear.

-Edwin-
Why are the evil ones always so good looking?

-Marie Daniels-
Thinking about taking a run at me writer boy? Like I would give you the time of day.

He backs away from her and straightens his jacket.

-Edwin-
I don't want to give you the wrong idea. I just wanted a closer look

-Marie Daniels-
And why is that?

-Edwin-
Because this is going to blow up in your face. That isn't a metaphor either. I was just getting a mental picture to remember you by.

-Marie Daniels-
That is so sweet of you, I think I am tearing up.

[She wipes a fake tear from her eye sarcastically]
Is that really the best you have? I thought you people were supposed to be creative.

Edwin starts to walk away with a smile on his face. She moves away from the wall in pursuit, but his words cut her off.

-Edwin-
The problem with you is, you aren't going to realize I wasn't joking until it is too late.

-Marie Daniels-
[She calls after him]
We will just have to wait and see.[/color]

Edwin didn't need the last word. Sure, the conversation hadn't gone his way. Marie was still going to play her hand, and there wasn't anything that Edwin could hope to do about it. He had meant what he said about his warning, it was more for himself than it was for her. He had done what little he could to tell her to back off, now whatever was coming to her was going to rest on her shoulders alone. All he was concerned about right now was getting the scent of that bitch out of his nose. After that, he would just have to cross his fingers. Not just about Parker, but in hopes the stench didn't work its way into his clothes.

"A New Parker"

So exactly do you people expect Parker to be? For the first five months of Parker's career, you couldn't stand him. Parker ran through the bottom of the roster, and then signed his name on the dotted line when Corey Casey came promising everything Parker had ever wanted. You people hated every minute of it. It wasn't until Parker gotten beaten in the back of the head and turned on by The Empire that any of you felt any kind of positive feelings towards Parker. Your cheers came from pity. Parker made his triumphant return, and you all cheered the hell out of him until he stepped out of the IWF picture after failing to regain the IWF Championship. So he comes back, people cheer to see him return, but then they kind of fade into mixed reactions. Nobody really knows what to expect from Parker. Sure, his in ring style has gotten a little cruder. Parker has become tougher, and has started to pick opponents off while keeping his feet firmly planted on the ground. Out of the ring? Parker has given you all a lot to talk about, but not a lot of answers.

On one hand, you have to take Parker's history into account. Can you trust a guy that would sell himself to Corey Casey just to bring down your superman? Can you cheer for a man that has dominated your heroes and then told them that it was their fault that they failed? Parker has lied and cheated his way through any number of matches, and Parker will stand here and tell you that he feels no remorse or regret at having done so. There is only one way to the top of this business, and it is all about being selfish and cutthroat. You could go as far as to say that Parker's return to this company fits right in with the guy you know him to be. Parker came to the ring and walked out with the tag titles not to save Steel Angel from a beating, but because there was something in it for Parker. Steel Angel tried to extend his partnership to Parker, even though Parker couldn't have cared less. The team was so broken from the get go that everyone was surprised that we survived the first title defense.

On the other hand, Parker just stood in Steel Angel's corner last week. He made sure that Steel was going to have the backup that he needed, if the time came that he needed it. The night that Jaci and Aries took the tag team titles from GrandSlam, Parker surprised all of you by giving you a reason to cheer for him. Parker was candid. Parker was honest. You all cheered because in the time it took you to blink, Parker had softened from this cold blooded villain, only out for himself, to a regular guy. Parker made jokes. Parker set a pay per view title match without even laying down a challenge. All of you got to witness this "New Parker" as it has been called on all the dirt sheets. A Parker that actually gives a damn about others, possibly including the fans. A Parker that was concerned about putting on a good show.

The question that all of you are asking is, what do we expect from Parker now? Should you be surprised if Parker was only pandering to you people to get another title shot? Should Steel Angel be surprised if Parker drops him like a bitch in the center of the ring, and then walks away from this tag title match? What about Blyss? Should she expect Parker to brutalize her in that ring, just for his pleasure? Parker has been known to keep matches going on long past his opponent's expiration date just for the fun of it. Or is Parker going to go the other way? If he has finally turned over a new leaf, then maybe he and Steel Angel will be able to work together. Two Grand Slam Champions working together on the same page could actually be the unstoppable force they claimed to be while working separately. If Parker respects Blyss as he said, does that mean that you people are going to witness the match of a lifetime? Parker could tell you all the answers, but then what would make you tune in?

[An Hour 'til Showtime]

Parker picks up the flip phone sitting in front of him as soon as it lights up. He flips it open before the ringer even has a chance to go off. Parker was expecting this call. The very moment that Edwin had walked out of the room he had picked up the phone and called her. There was no answer. He had panicked. Since then he had just been sitting there staring at it and waiting for it to go off. Something had to be wrong. Marie had told him to call. Was it all just some ploy to get in his head? His fears dissipate as he brings the phone to his ear.

-Marie Daniels-
So I take this means that you are in?

He waits, not wanting his urgency to come through in his voice. If there was any chance that she thought he was still thinking rationally, he needed to preserve that. Parker needed to just let her play her cards.

-Marie Daniels-
Now who look who has gone mute...

-Parker-
You know what is so nice about a half empty bottle of pills?

A smile crosses her lips that he can almost hear through the phone.

-Parker-
See, when half the bottle is empty, people all around start to think that half of them have already been consumed. No doctor, or judge, or even friend is going to go so far as to count how many of them are in the bottle. As long as there are some missing, all is well. No suspicion as long as nothing goes wrong.

Her breath hangs in her chest, unable to escape her lungs. Parker knew he had her wrapped around his finger.

-Marie Daniels-
What are you trying to say Parker? I thought we agreed that we were done playing games.

-Parker-
You have a week. That's it. Then I never want to see you again.

Normally he would have waited on her response, but a knock at the door cuts their conversation short. He slams the phone closed and drops it into the gym bag at his feet before turning to the door.

-Parker-
Ain't nobody here for you to talk to. Fuck off!

The doorknob creaks as it turns, whoever standing on the outside not giving any fucks about Parker's warning. Yuko steps steps around the door, not really coming all the way in. It might actually surprise him to know that Parker actually knew his name. Not once in all of their matches and conversations had Parker given him the satisfaction of referring to him by his given name.

-Steel Angel-
Just wanted to make sure that I had the right door.

-Parker-
I assure you that you do not, in fact, have the right door.

-Steel Angel-
You may be right. I was looking for a mentally challenged man that only speaks in the third person.

-Parker-
Look at him go, first trespassing and now he has jokes.

Parker stands up from the chair and places his hands on the top corners of the locker in front of him, stretching out his back.

-Parker-
I assume you want something.

-Steel Angel-
Parker would assume correctly.

Parker turns, and Steel let's the door close, leaning on the wall next to it, not going anywhere near his full time rival and part time tag team partner.

-Parker-
Knock that shit off, it is annoying.

-Steel Angel-
Imagine how I feel. You talk like that all the time.

-Parker-
Can you get to the point? If there even is one.

Parker picks his gym bag off the floor, and throws it back into the locker, hoping that his third guest won't continue the trend of throwing in on the floor. It also helps because, as a rule, Parker refuses to give Yuko his full attention. Parker needed to keep that tension there, regardless of if the two were going to be on the same team for the time being.

-Steel Angel-
You came down to the ring last week, that is more than I thought you would actually do.

-Parker-
I told you, it is a mutually beneficial thing. I need you in one piece going into Homecoming.

-Steel Angel-
And that speech you made after we dropped the titles. What was all that about?

Parker sighs, picking up his metal folding chair, and leaning it back against the locker next to the one with his bag in it. Maybe if he kept cleaning things up, Steel would eventually just leave.

-Parker-
I couldn't rely on you to get us a second shot at the belts, could I? All you have managed to do in this team is fuck stuff up.

-Steel Angel-
Maybe that is because this isn't a team Parker. You act like a child. Instead of taking responsibility for anything you do, you point the finger. If anyone in this company understands that, it is me because most of the time I am the one you are pointing the finger at.

-Parker-
Maybe if you could pull your own weight once in a while...

-Steel Angel-
[cutting him off]
And there it is...

Parker scoffs clinging to some desperate hope of an earthquake or natural disaster to happen and free him from this conversation.

-Steel Angel-
The guy that made that speech when we lost, and the guy that I have fought against four times are not the same people. Even more than that, I think you already know that. You realize that you are acting like a little kid, and yet you keep doing it. Before, I didn't like you because you were just an asshole. Now, I feel sorry for you because you are consciously trying to be an asshole...

-Parker-
[interjecting]
and????

Steel Angel bites his tongue. A lot of the things that he really wants to say to Parker aren't things he would really want to say to any human being. The words that he forces out are only a shadow of what he really wants to know.

-Steel Angel-
If we are going to make a run at this, it needs to be as GrandSlam. The whole Parker and Steel Angel in the same ring, but not on the same page thing isn't going to cut it. We either make this work as a team, or we pack up shop and move on. Honestly, I would rather not strap myself to a sinking ship. There are other things I could be doing than having to listen to your temper tantrums on a weekly basis.

-Parker-
So you just want me to put the fact that I can't stand you aside? You are asking me to just put all that stuff in the back of my mind and actually attempt to work WITH you instead of just in the same corner with you. You want all that team dynamic that you had with your Highlight Reel buddies. You want to know that if you turn your back on me that I won't put a knife in it, right?

-Steel Angel-
That was a kind of long winded way to put it, but yeah.

-Parker-
Fine. You got it.

-Steel Angel-
Just like that?

Parker sighs, why are the people that storm into his private space never satisfied with his answers?

-Parker-
Yea. As long as GrandSlam is around, we are good. Now can you get out?

Yuko has a chuckle at how simple Parker's answer was. All of that big talk, just to cave in. It was almost like Parker didn't have to be convinced to give the team his all. Yuko knew Parker pretty well inside the ring, but had plenty to learn about him behind the scenes. Edwin and Marie both probably would have laughed at Yuko even asking Parker if he was jumping into this team with both feet. It was something that they could read off of his face with just the slightest mention of the topic. That didn't stop Yuko from taking it as a personal success.

-Steel Angel-
Had I known it was that easy, I would have done this weeks ago.

-Parker-
You wouldn't have gotten the same answer.

Yuko knew that he was right. He reaches for the door knob, and nods to Parker, knowing that their talk was over. He had gotten what he came for. Parker watches the door closed, and then just shakes his head. He reaches down into his gym bag and pulls out a metal briefcase, carefully placing it down on the floor. He gives a look at the clock hanging on the wall.

-Parker-
Just twenty more minutes.

The comment seems to be directed at the case. Parker just looks down at it with a smile.

-Parker-
Tonight is going to be one hell of a show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker    Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Parker
Page 1 of 1