Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Sah’ta Thor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor Empty
PostSubject: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Sah’ta Thor   Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 am

RP Here
Back to top Go down
Sah'ta Thor

Sah'ta Thor

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-0-3
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Rising Phoenix   Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:29 am

~*~*~*~*~Questions after the show~*~*~*~*~

Battleground 75 had created some very interesting questions for the IWF Uprising Champion Sah'ta Thor. On one hand the Empire of Blood had gained a new member and had went undefeated for the night. They had even made a major impact at the end of the show by starting what had become a brawl. Yet, for all of that the night hadn't settled well with him due to some of the things that had left him thinking.

"Do you know who Kyuubi is?"

"No I don't Master. I haven't heard anything about her."

"Paige, find out who she is no matter what it takes."

"Yes Master."

The sound of soft footsteps retreating leave Thor to his thoughts. He had a feeling that Kyuubi knew more than she was letting on it disturbed him. After all, he had gotten to where he was in life by knowing enough about his surrounds so as to be a threat if need be. Kyuubi had alluded to knowing him and yet he had no recollection of meeting her before she had stepped into the halls of the IWF. Her comment during their run in had set him on edge and he couldn't place why just yet. Though he knew that sooner or later he would figure out who she was and what she could do to him.

"Uggh! I can believe this. Who does Kyuubi think she is threatening me like that?"

He asks the empty room as he tries to vent out some of the frustration from that one encounter. It was on the whole a rather innocent conversation but after the run in with Tim Patrick he had been on edge. Oh it had been all too easy to show the arrogant self assured cocky side of him during the conversation but the truth was that deep down he knew the truth. The all too evident truth that the great Sin Incarnate was nearing the end of his run. The end of a run that had started long past the time most in the business had already moved on. All one had to do was look at the roster and see just see how young most of the new guys were. The question was if he could hold out until his planned retirement date and in the process accomplish at least half of his career goals.

"Uncle you need to let that go. After all you have a big match coming up next week. Let us handle this Kyuubi chick while you focus on the important things. It isn't everyday that a Championship Unification match happens. Even rarer that a man of your caliber is involved in such a match. Don't let Kyuubi's mind games distract you from the real point of next week."

This commentary and unexpected answer came from the lips of Melfina Lasciel. A former wrestler herself and one of the four women who were part of Thor's harem and ring entrance. He had made her part of her Public Relations department and had been well rewarded from that move. He knew she was right and that he needed to turn his mind away from anything that would distract him from doing his best in the ring.

"I know Mel but it is bugging me that she knew my name. Ugggh you are right I should be worrying about Blyss Lockhart next week and how I am going to walk out of that match with the new championship belt. Which is going to be a highly anticipated match no matter what happens. I just can't seem to focus on that right now, the whole situation is surreal. The whole boss getting let go a couple weeks ago, then the new boss being named. Which leads us to the new regime slimming down the number of titles. It is hard to get my head around it but I know that next week is going to be huge, no matter how it plays out. I have go whatever it takes to win out there next week."

"Now don't you forget who you beat tonight. Not only beat him but made sure the whole world knew that you had done so. So what if Griffin help you do it? We both know that you would have taken Ethan Cage out no matter what happened. Then there was that after match brawl and the message that you are not some pussh over joke. Tonight was your night and it will only get better. So if you have to put tonight out of your mind with a celebration. You earned that much out there."

"And I am to assume you have an idea or two on how I could celebrate my big win?"

Melfina smirks knowingly as she cuts off further conversation.

~*~*~*~*~Questions of Family~*~*~*~*~

The next afternoon finds the Uprising Champion at his secluded family home. It was a home that was in the Colorado Rockies and had been there for a few years. It was known as Castle Thorn for multiple reasons, namely the rose garden maze that was a large part of the back yard. It was in that garden that Sah'ta Thor currently was as he sat on one of the several marble benches. He was out there just enjoying the moment. He was trying not to focus on his work, instead and was instead thinking about his family. It was a family that had been through alot and had often seemed to be one instant shy of fragmenting into a million slivers. Yet, every time the implosion was about to happen things worked themselves out and things went on.

"DADDY! We need to talk."

Isabella's words break Thor out of his thoughts and he turns to look at hi adopted daughter wondering what she wanted to talk about.

"Yes Isabella? What do you want to talk to me about?"

Isabella takes a hand on her hips stance as she looks at her adopted father with stern look on his face.

"I want to go pro Daddy."

Thor blinks hearing those words as he starts to wonder just what she was getting at.

"You know you are too young for that Isabella. Which is why I helped put together the Imperial Youth Wrestling."

"I know Daddy but I have been watching some Japanese shows and they have a couple of girls on the regular roster. IF they can do it so can I and you know it."

A moment of silence passes as Thor tries to process this bit of information. He hadn't been paying much attention to what was happening in companies outside the ones he was working. Which was at this very moment proving to be a bit of a troubling development. Respond to her demand, which to call her request anything else would have been foolish. So he did the one thing he figured he could to buy himself a moment or two to get his thoughts in order.

"Have you talked to your mother about this Isabella?"

The look on Isabella's face was that of concentration mixed with the earliest signs of anger.

"No Daddy I thought it would be better if I talked to you first. So can you get me a contract or not Daddy?"

Of course, Isabella knew her adopted mother's outlook on wrestling and had approached him first. Yet, he had no idea what she was talking about so had to stall her with an answer that would satisfy her for the mean time yet that didn't promise anything.

"Isabella I will have to make a few calls and see what I can arrange."

She smiles and hugs him tightly.

"Thank you Daddy!"

Thor smiles hugging her back pleased to have defused a potential threat before it could become a major issue.

~~~

A short while later we find Sah'ta Thor sitting in his study on the phone.

"Miles, I need your help."

There is a click as Thor waits for a reply from the other end. There is an exasperated sigh

"What can I help you with Nathaniel?"

Thor smiles slightly knowing that his son Miles would never directly call him father due to his upbringing. A fact that he was okay with considering that Miles had been an unknown a year earlier.

"I need so information about someone and figured you might have a lead or two."

"What sort of information are we talking about?"

"I need to know who somebody is."

There was no doubt that the Miles could get the information. Afterall, Miles was the head of a lucrative mining corporation and had strong ties to the Chinese underworld.

"Who is it?"

"She goes by the name Kyuubi and claims be from Hong Kong."

This generates a moment of silence before Miles finally gives a strained reply.

"I will see what I can find out and give you a call in a few days."

Before Thor can reply Miles ends the call by hanging up. Thor sits starting at the phone for a minute as he tries to contemplate what had just happened. After a moment he just shakes his head and then makes another call. One that he hoped would generate more answers than his questions than his son had answered.

"Rising Sun Dojo, this is Masi, how can I help you?"

"Hey Masi, do you have moment to answer some questions?"

"Of course Sensai, how can I help you?"

"First off, have you heard of any companies that allow children to compete in professional matches?"

There is a moment of silence as the import of that question is reflected on. Finally Masi answers the question with a bit of restrained curiosity.

"I know of a few Sensai. Why do you ask?"

"Long story short, Isabella found out about them and wants me to get her a contract."

"Ahhh good luck with that Sensai. If it helps any Naigoi and I could look around and see what is available."

"That would be a great help man."

Thor sighs in relief as he feels he got he figured that he was going to get this situation defused once and for all before he became a major issue.

"So how else can I help you Sensai?"

"I need to know who Kyuubi is."

There is a long silence during which Thor can hear Masi walk away from the phone. Thor takes a deep breath wondering what the big deal was with the name Kyuubi. The more he dug the more he came up with nothing.

"Hello? Sensai, Masi told me you wanted to find out who someone was?"

"Her name is Kyuubi and she was a former MMA star. That is all I know about her. Do you have anything else that can help me out Naiogi?"

"Sensai if I was you I would back off. Kyuubi has a reputation for being dangerous. That is all I can tell you. Now if you don't mind I have to get back to the students."

The call suddenly ends and Thor can't help but reflect on the fear that had been heard in Naigoi's voice after hearing who he was looking for. It just made Thor wonder even more who Kyuubi was and why she had seemingly threatened him. He wasn't even sure who else he could call to find out who Kyuubi was and that made him admit that she had the upper edge in whatever game she wanted to play. Yet, he couldn't help but feel that he should know the answer of who she was.

~*~*~*~*~Questions of Perspective~*~*~*~*~

He had rewatched Battlegrounds 75 nearly a dozen times looking for the answer to why he was being forced to unify the IWF Uprising Champion with Blyss Lockhart's IWF Phoenix Championship. On one hand the title that was going to be created on Battlegrounds 76 would be the icon of future IWF World Champions. It would be the door through which one had to walk through in order to get to the top of the IWF mountain. Yet, the question that Sah'ta Thor now had in his mind and had for days was who had decided his title wasn't worthy of sticking around. Who had made the call that it needed to be merged into another belt to be seen as something worth holding? To him the answer didn't really matter since in the end since the perception had been made. No matter what happened the management had made their call and he would have to live with it.

"Perception is a nasty thing isn't it? Ever since Isolation the IWF has been going through some serious changes. Changes that frankly have improved the company over all, for the most part that is. Yet, I have to wonder if some of the changes have been made out of a interest to improve the company or if there is a more secretive meaning to things. Like I said perception is a nasty thing to deal with. Take for example the perception that I am this monster who is seeking to the destroy the established order wherever I end up. Which I guess is somewhat accurate since I end up creating chaos in my wake. IWF has already seen some of this with the introduction and expansion of the Empire of Blood. A group that according to popular perception is out to destroy the company."

Thor smiles knowingly for a second into the off screen camera as he let his words sink into the minds of the fans.

"Speaking of perception and the Empire of Blood, how can one argue with results? Take a look a look at Storming Raven and the way he has started winning again. Who else on the IWF roster would have invested their time and energy into a man who been sliding down the ramp faster than a hockey puck sliding across ice? From what I saw there was no one willing to step up and help the man out. Then again why should people help each other out in this business? But I digress, there are some out there who percieve the Empire of Blood to be nothing more than a cult of some kind. Well maybe they are right about that but not for the reasons seem to think. After all has anybody bothered to think about what every member of the team has in common? Probably not since that would require actually doing more than accepting the preconceived notions that are floating around out there."

Another meaningful pause occurs as Thor looks at his fingernails in amusement. He was warming up and it felt good to find a channel for his pent up agitation.

"I am going to brutally honest here and say that there is one man who has taken great exception to what I am trying to accomplish with the Empire of Blood. That is right Tim Patrick's perception is that I have brain washed Storming Ravening into following me. Funny thing is that it didn't take much to persuade Storming Raven into joining the Empire of Blood. You see folks behind the imagined realities and character portrayals you get week after week the simple fact remains that there is much behind the scenes that NONE of you ever sees. It may shock your very perceptions to know that some of us in this business aren't what you would expect outside of the ring? Now take that one step further and realize that people that Storming Raven and Myself tend to either band together out of a shared feeling of comradery OR as is more often the case become the bitterest of rivals. There is this perception out there that professional wrestlers aren't real people behind the glitz and glamour of the ring action. Trust me that is farther from the truth. Yet, like I said some people perceive that I am just a power hungry person and that I use my wealth and power to corrupt people. People like the aforementioned Tim Patrick and his belief that I am playing some game with the IWF."

Thor laughs at this showing his utter amusement at the concept. The laughter stops suddenly as a serious grin crosses his lips.

"The irony is that Tim's perception is correct. I am playing at something here in the IWF and while my intentions can be perceived as being those of a tyrant I assure there is more to my intentions than have yet been revealed. Many would be shocked to hear that my goals actually coincide with those of Alex Dillinger in that the IWF needs to be made more impressive. Where things differ is that my methods of achieving greatness rely and on creating chaos. That is right my very goals are to create an atmosphere where those who really want to be here has to fight to be here. Tim Patrick admittedly has a set of balls as he has been showing his sceptical side for weeks now. I will be honest, his attitude amuses me. He seems to think that he has seen everything I am about in the short time I have been here in the IWF. He thinks that he has me pegged with his perceptions of me. He wants to take on the Empire of Blood single handedly, well like I said he has balls. Yet, for all of that it still doesn't reveal anything of what the Empire of Blood seeks to accomplish. I asked you a few minutes ago what each member of the group has in common. Well let me tell you and the suspense. You see for all your perceptions and seeming know it all, many of you have failed to perceive the ultimate truth."

With that he falls silent a moment and as he lets the suspense build for a few seconds. After all if people were too dim to see the reality of the Empire of Blood then maybe he hadn't been too subtle. Yet, it was subtly that had ultimately gotten him to where he was today.

"What brings the Empire of Blood together is the fact that all of us have no qualms about making our opponents bleed. Nor do any of us shy away from leaving our blood in the ring if that is what we must do. Let's do a run down shall we? Macho Messiah favors a barbed wire wrapped cross and has a hardcore wrestling mixed with strong technique wrestling style. His favorite match is an Inferno match, you know the match where the ring is inside a ring of fire. Then we have Storming Raven and his Trial of Tears match and his favored weapon of a body wrapped in barbed wire. Though we can't forget his penchant for wearing Taipei Deathmatch style gloves. Then we have Frank Finelli, who loves to use either a sledgehammer or a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat. His favorite match type is the Weapons Cage Match, which means a cage match with weapons hanging on the inside walls. Almost like a Clockwork Orange match but without the falls count anywhere aspect. Then of course there is me and my favored barbed wire wrapped lead pipe. Yet, anyone who may wondered I have no favorite match type because I am willing to risk my body in matches that most would consider too crazy to try."

Thor smiles cunningly as he takes a deep breath while looking at imagined dirt under his fingernails.

"If you haven't figured it out yet then I will further enlighten you some more. Your perceptions of the Empire of Blood being a group bent on destruction have blinded you to the truth. What I seek to accomplish is much more than the destruction of those around me. Sure such destruction serves a purpose but let me shatter your blinded perceptions. It is simple really, I seek to break the bonds weakness that have taken hold of the wrestling industry. You see folks the truth that may find hard to swallow is that this business has become soft with all it's pandering to legalities and governmental regulations. Let me pull you behind the scenes for a moment to a bitter truth about the professional wrestling business. In the end the people who generate sales are the ones who get pushed to the moon. You see it all the time in other places where the crowd's sudden cold shoulder sends a talented wrestler tumbling back to bottom of the heap. Which of course generates the perception that the wrestler did something to deserve the demotion. It is these things that I fight against with the Empire of Blood at my side. I have earned my spot and I intend not to fall by the wayside forgotten in Alex's change of regime."

Another pause allows Thor to take a deep breath while he rests his hand on the surface of the IWF Uprising Championship.

"For those of you who don't get what I am saying, it is simple, the Empire of Blood seeks to make this sport great again. I seek to cast out the weak and so called super greats like Ethan Cage, Alexander Remington, Ace Static, and of course Ashe Corvin. These men all cry on about how great they are and yet of them all only Ethan Cage stands in an IWF ring still. Yet, we all know that Ethan Cage was HANDED the IWF World Championship as a prize for injuring Molly Reid. He didn't do anything to win that belt and he glories in that fact. He glories in the fact that the biggest prize in the IWF was given to him as if it was nothing more than a party favor. We all saw what happened to him last week when he stepped into that ring with me."

Thor stops speaking as he lifts the IWF Uprising Championship into the air.

"You can perceive me as a threat to the IWF as much as you like. You have to realize that there are some simple facts that have to be considered. I debuted in this company at Homecoming and walked out holding the IWF Uprising Championship. In just three days time I will be forced to put this title on the line when I face Blyss Lockhart. Yet, I guess I should take comfort in the fact that Blyss also has to put her IWF Phoenix Championship on the line as well. At the end of our match only one of us will have a championship and the other will have to claw out their new place within Alex's IWF. Though in the end it doesn't matter what happens since the IWF Uprising Championship will cease to exist on Battleground 76 but so will the IWF Phoenix Championship. No matter the outcome of this little title unification match I will go down as the fifth greatest IWF Uprising Champion with a 50 day championship reign. It will be a reign cut short NOT but my own fails in the ring but by the IWF management. Yet, I am not biased in this after all Blyss Lockhart is in the same boat. She is the only person to hold the IWF Phoenix Championship, even though it has a long history before it's current name. Yet just just like me she ends her championship reign not due to a lose but because of a management decision. 62 days holding the title and it ends in a match that tells us both that our separate contributions to the IWF have been meaningless.

He drops the IWF Uprising Championship and lets it hit the floor with a thud.

"This is the great legacy that Alex Dillinger wishes to create. We have two champions who have been deemed to be redundant by him. He seems to think that our value to the company is worth as much as a pile of dog crap. So we are being forced to retire our belts and fight for the right to be crown the first ever IWF Rising Phoenix Champion. Spare me the managemental bullshit about wanting to bring prestige back to the belts by reducing the number of them. No Paul Atreides in Dune said it best, 'If you can destroy something you can control it'. This seems to be appropriate in this situation, even though I do agree that we need to push IWF to greater heights. Yet, for all of that it seems like this approach is akin to shooting the hired help because farm is failing to produce a profit. No in my vast experience if you want to make some mean more you give it MORE attention not toss it out the window. Does this mean I am not going to do my dead level best to leave no doubts in the minds of the management that I am worthy of holding an IWF Championship. They want a damn circus act then so be it. I will jump through their flaming hoop and come out the other other side as the IWF Rising Phoenix Champion. Or at the very least I will lose in such a way that I will MAKE them pay attention to me. Alex you want to make the roster claw for their spots well I hope you have enough bandages to staunch the flow of your own blood when one of your roster fights back."

Thor leans down and picks up the IWF Uprising Championship belt and then tosses it back over his shoulder with a smirk.

"I guess some of you now have the perception that I am ignoring Blyss Lockhart in all of this. Well I am going to be blunt here. I have NO clue who she is other than a great IWF competitor. No let me take that back, I know she is dating Gordon Fury. I also know that Blyss does most of her interacting with the IWF roster via Twitter. And I only know that because her name keeps showing up in my Twitter feed reports. You see unlike some of the roster I only breeze through Twitter once a week, if that. Let's be honest for a minute I have better things to do than argue with people on the internet. So I am left wondering, how badly does Blyss Lockhart want to become the first IWF Rising Phoenix Champion? I have no clue on that front, however I do know that she has people saying they will watch her back during our match. How does that make any sense? Oh that is right, there is this perception that the Empire of Blood will come down and help during the match. It is a matter of amusement to me that people instantly assume the worst about me and my friends. Let me shatter that attitude right now, I DON'T NEED the Empire of Blood to come down and help me out on Battlegrounds 76. I DON'T need to have my hand held during the title unification match. No if the Empire of Blood comes out to that ring it will be AFTER one of Blyss' friends come down to the ring. The bottom line is that people want to paint me as the villain in this story but let me tell you that you haven't seen any yet. By the end of all of this your perceptions may just become reality and you will only have yourselves to blame."

With that Thor turns away from the camera then walks out of view as a clip of Alex's speech about the Rising Phoenix Championship begins to play. The Uprising Champion had said his piece and now he had to get back to his family. In the end things would play out how they would in Salt Lake City and he would make the best of the fallout.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Sah’ta Thor   Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 am

”Fragile”

Tuesday - Day after BattleGrounds 74

Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor Tumblr_lyy4fdqh0L1r8rx02o1_500

Blyss is tossing and turning in bed. No matter how much she tries to get comfortable or how exhausted and sore she is, her mind will not stop replaying the final moments of the match. And creeping up from memory as well is that fight at Post Oak Boulevard in Houston.

Blyss makes it back to her feet and turns towards Gordon and he charges out of the corner look for his signature spear but just before impact, Blyss throws a lightning fast right knee to jaw and Gordon crashes to the mat!

[ f a d e ]

With a scream, Blyss forces herself back to her feet, kicking the pipe wrench out of her hand, followed by a sharp elbow to Kasey's nose, knocking her down. However, the force of the kick sends the pipe straight into the jaw of Gordon, knocking him out, and sending him face first into the pavement. Blood begins running from his face.

[ f a d e ]

Blyss goes down and flips Gordon over for the cover but stops just before she does. She notices Gordon isn't moving. At all. His eyes are closed, his body is completely limp. Blyss's eyes go wide as she shakes him by his shoulders. She shakes him again, harder this time, and Gordon still doesn't move. Tears start to well up in her eyes. Still no response from Gordon as Blyss holds her hands over her mouth, the tears start streaming down her face.

[ f a d e ]

As Kasey staggers backwards holding her nose, Blyss wipes the blood from her own mouth and smirks. Then she looks up just as Gordon falls to the ground. She drops down next to him, horrified at seeing the amount of his blood.

[ f a d e ]

Gordon comes to life, shooting up to his feet, before jumping in the air and grabbing Blyss's head, slamming her neck into Gordon's knee as she whiplashes from the impact!

[ f a d e ]

She notices the wrench by his face and instantly, she knows what just happened. She's hit by a wave of regret and wipes her tears.

"Gordon, I'm so sorry!"

[ f a d e ]

Gordon looks at Blyss and takes a step towards her but rethinks his actions and hangs his head instead.

[ f a d e ]

Blyss looks distraught as suddenly the lights go out.

[ f a d e ]

Sleep continues to elude her as she stares at the ceiling. The promise she’s held in her heart now dangles from her fingers over the edge of the bed. She wants to keep it, she really does. But time is what she needs and time is what she gets.

She leaves the hard covers of the bed and makes her way to the bathroom. Splashing cold water on her face, she studies the face that is reflected in the mirror. Familiar yet strange. Wait, isn’t that her? Yes, that’s supposed to be her. She’s standing there, isn’t she? And she’s alone.

Dark... Darkness... Nothing but darkness...

She sighs, burying her face in a towel. She puts it aside and stares back in the mirror. She sees her weak attempt of a smile.

Blyss Lockhart
Everything’s going to be fine. 

Time is what she needs and time is what she gets. Time for a run then.

She sees my good deeds
And she kisses me windy
I never worry
Now that is a lie

Tuesday - Day after BattleGrounds 75

Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor Tumblr_mkfdy9QXt81r8rx02o4_250

Music is blasting from the car stereo, the front seat windows are open and there aren’t that many vehicles on the road either. Blyss has been driving for a few hours but she doesn’t feel like stopping to rest. It’s like she’s on autopilot right now and the longer she stays on the road, the sooner she’ll reach her destination. She seems to be heading towards home but home isn’t really where she wants to be.

Just keep on going... Pass it. Pass it!

She presses harder on the gas pedal with her foot, passing by the turn to I-80. She grips the steering wheel and glances at the rear view mirror.

Nothing good comes from the past. You know that very well, don’t you?  

A new song begins to play, its music suddenly extra loud and disturbing. What is this? She doesn’t recognize it. Her ears hurt, her head aches. Yet her hands remain stubbornly on the wheel.

You’re listening to the wrong things. What should you be doing? You know this damn well too! You’re losing focus on what’s important for you especially your career! That match loss was hard proof that you’re slipping again! Don’t you dare allow that to happen this week! Your title will be on the line! All that hard work towards winning it, do you want it all down the drain?! Keep your eyes on the prize!

A truck horn blares as the vehicle tailgates her. Shocked, she nearly drives her car off the road.

See what could have happened there? What’s holding your attention? Do you even know what you’re doing anymore?

She looks at the truck and shifts gear, pressing even harder on the gas pedal. Her lips pursed, her heart races. Quickly, she catches up to the truck and slams a fist on the car horn as she glares the driver. But he just glances at her and speeds up. She hits the horn again twice and with her hand out the window, she gives him the middle finger gesture. This only makes him chuckle, frustrating her even more.

What do you want to do now, Blyss?

She glances at the rear view mirror and back at the truck. They’re now side by side, taking turns to be just a few inches in front of the other.

If you really want something, do it. Hesitations will only make you slip. You don’t want that to happen again, do you? This man is ridiculing you. He thinks he’s better than you.

The truck driver revs up the engine and goes really near to her car, taunting her. Then he moves away at a safe distance again, laughing. Without thinking, she swerves the car close to the truck. The vehicles are nearly touching each other.

You’re so close right now, Blyss! What do you want to do?!

She grips the wheel tighter then relaxes, shifting back down the gear and moving the car away from the truck. She goes off the road and parks the car. Resting her head on the wheel, she squeezes her eyes shut in disappointment.

Weak.

She turns her head and watches the traffic that passes by, her cheek on her hand on the wheel.

Is this what you desire for? Do nothing as everything else passes you by? Leaving you immobile in its wake? You were never like this. You were stronger and more capable to take what’s yours. Every bit of victory counts. Your career is a road to the biggest one of all and you were doing well until recently. There is nothing personal about your life anymore. Everybody knows, they can all see. From the words that you post on social networks to the things that you say in promos and interviews.

You’re under the limelight and you’re slowly crumbling. But I can be that shadow to protect you from the glare. You created that shadow, remember? And I’m still as dark as the thoughts you keep at the back of your mind. The ones you push and bury further and further away because you were taught to be more positive and whatever else nonsense your father paid them to tell you.

Light can easily be taken out by darkness because eventually it goes away but darkness is always there. It waits in the corners, it never leaves. Why look for light when all it does is expose your weaknesses, making you vulnerable and weak? This is the true nature of light, the ugly truth behind it. That light you seek in other people is nothing but a false hope. And when you meet someone like you, you pretend to see it in them to make yourself feel better. They know not to look for something that doesn’t exist and you should have learnt that a long time ago.

You have left them all once but you keep crawling back to the ones that hurt you, that don’t understand you. Why let them shape you, mould you into this person that they can break easily? Why let them control you, manipulate you when it’s YOUR life? Do you not want to live, my dear Blyss?

End this cycle. Cut them out. All of them. Aren’t you tired? You are and I know that. Very well, really. Because I’m a part of you.

Forever... and always.

I don't ever want to feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

Sunday

Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor Tumblr_mmqk2et58C1r8rx02o4_250

It’s in the middle of the Lockhart family brunch for Father’s Day and Blyss is absentmindedly pushing food around on her plate. Conversation carries on without her contributing. She hears her sister Kenzie talking about something but nothing registers. A few minutes later, Kenzie’s cell phone rings and she excuses herself to answer it in the living room. Blyss doesn’t even realize this until her father calls her name.

Dad
...Melyssa?

As if waking from a dream, Blyss looks up slowly and frowns a little.

Blyss Lockhart
Yeah Dad?

Dad
You’ve been very quiet all morning. Everything alright?

Blyss Lockhart
Uh yeah...  Everything’s fine.

Dad
(chuckles) Can’t fool your old man, my little one. How’s work been? I missed the show last week. Only came back from that fishing trip on Tuesday morning. And I think I missed the one before that too and the PPV. I’m so sorry about that, honey.

Blyss Lockhart
It’s fine.

Dad
Still the Phoenix champion?

Blyss Lockhart
Yep...

Dad
(smiles) Good.

Blyss raises an eyebrow at that. What does that mean?

He’s only proud of you if you achieved something worthy. He doesn’t care about anything else that goes on in your life. But you don’t live to please him, do you, Blyss?

Her father takes another bite off a piece of salmon omelette and chews slowly. Blyss watches as he drinks from his glass of water before eating again. The sounds seem to echo in her brain and sound louder in her ears. She looks down on her plate of half eaten tofu scramble and pushes it away in mild disgust.

Dad
(concerned) What’s the matter, honey?

Blyss Lockhart
Sorry, I’m just not that hungry right now.

He puts down his cutleries and looks at her, waiting. She doesn’t need to see his face to know the expression he’s wearing right now. That look he used to give her everyday when they butted heads about things that made her mad at him. When she felt that he didn’t and couldn’t understand why she was angry with him. When all he wanted was the best for his younger daughter and all she saw was her father abandoning her.

Get up and leave. Now.

Dad
You are not leaving this table, Melyssa, until you tell me what’s bothering you.

He’s a lousy father! He has no words of solace for you. Never had and never will.

The old memory of that look on his face appears clearly in her mind. She stares stubbornly at her clenched fists on her lap.

You know he’s tried too hard to be both parents to you and he fails all the damn time! Your mother died that night and along he went with her. He made you sick and sent you away for therapy when he was the one who needed it the most!

Her knuckles turn white and she closes her eyes, suddenly realizing how hard she’s breathing.

Dad
(concerned) Melyssa?

Her eyes open widely as she looks up at her father. That image of him from years ago doesn’t match the one before her. There is no “look”. His green eyes, soft and sincere, stares back with great worry. That old scowl is now only but a memory from her adolescent years.

Dad
We haven’t really talked in a while and I know being on the road keeps you busy but you’re home now. You and your sister cooked a lovely meal today and I appreciate it very much. But we can’t just sit down and eat without talking. This house is very quiet without the two of you, you know.

There’s light humor in his tone but it’s obvious he truly means it. Blyss purses her lips, looking down once again. This time, her hands no longer feel tensed and instead, she begins to feel guilty. It’s Father’s Day after all and such occasions have been celebrated in their family for as long as she can remember, keeping that tradition when they can. It’s the kind of thing that they do to maintain that sense of normalcy in the house even if they have to pretend for the sake of it sometimes. Today feels like one of those times for Blyss and she still hasn’t quite figured out yet why... or just simply refuses to see it.

Blyss Lockhart
I have a big match coming up next week with a fellow champion. The winner keeps the unified title. So I’m worried that won’t be me.

The words roll off her tongue almost effortlessly.

Lying usually is... Rejuvenating, is it not?

Her father eyes her curiously, sensing she’s hiding something else. He waits and says nothing. The silence makes her uncomfortable as it jolts back memories of being back in that therapist’s office.

Blyss Lockhart
I’ve worked so hard to get that championship and then retain it for the past couple of months. This guy I’ll be facing is a powerful man. He’s way more experienced in the ring than me and won his title on the same night as his debut match in the Insurgency. He’s also the leader of a growing stable and prior to signing here, he’s won numerous championships from various companies. If I don’t beat him, not only do I lose my title but I will also lose my reputation.

Blyss almost yells out that last word as the tone of her voice suddenly hardens. Her right hand claws into her thigh, reopening healed scars.

Go for it, Blyss. Go.

Blyss Lockhart
I was on a goddamn winning streak since before Homecoming which was two fucking pay-per-views ago and boy, did that end on a humiliating note. I survived challenge after challenge with my head still held high until two weeks ago. I slipped, DAD, and I fell FLAT ON MY FACE! I HAD HIM! I FUCKING HAD HIM!

Blyss bangs her fists on the table, biting her lower lip so hard that she can taste blood. Her father stares back in shock, blinking. Kenzie comes rushing in, still clutching her cell phone. Blyss stops and stares dejectedly at the table.

Blyss Lockhart
But I lost.

She shakes her head, holding back tears.

Blyss Lockhart
And I’m okay...

Her voice trembles as she shakes her head again.

Blyss Lockhart
I’m okay... I’m okay...

She wipes her eyes and looks up. Fresh tears starts to glisten.

Blyss Lockhart
I’m okay.

She nods her head and looks away, wiping her eyes once more.

Dad
No, Mel--

Blyss Lockhart
DON’T!

She points a finger at him accusingly. Her eyes wide with both rage and fear. A teardrop falls down her left cheek.

Blyss Lockhart
Don’t you tell me what I’m feeling! Don’t you dare. If I say this is it, then this is it. Don’t you dare tell me no. Never again, Dad, never!

Kenzie Lockhart
Liss--

Blyss turns sharply to her sister, still pointing a finger.

Blyss Lockhart
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAY?! Just stop it! Stop it!

Kenzie rushes in to wrap her arms around her. Her father stands up immediately and does the same. Blyss wants nothing more than to break out of this but she finds no energy to fight back.

Now this matches an old memory, doesn’t it, my dear Blyss?

Stony-faced, she lets them smother her with their concerns and their pity.

For now.

Happy Father’s Day. Axe oh axe oh...

Under the bridge downtown
Is where I drew some blood
I could not get enough

Monday

Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor Tumblr_mihpovFTwj1r8rx02o3_250

The scene opens to Blyss sitting on one of those foldable tables that’s set up against the wall in the hallway of the building. Facing the left side of the camera, she has her knees propped up and her elbows on them. She runs her hands through her hair and rests them around her neck as she steals a quick glance at the camera before continuing to look straight ahead.

Blyss Lockhart
This week is an interesting week for me as well as my opponent. We’re both champions in our own rights. We carve our titles to represent our worth as competitors. To represent what we feel is who we are inside and what the belts should be. When we carry them on our shoulders or wear them around our waists, we want people to take just one look at them and understand the kind of fighter that we are. They are weighted gold of honor, respect and strength. Having them in our possession drives a different kind of motivation for us. We have proven that we can indeed win the prize but how long can we keep it? We’ve both defended our individual titles at least once against contenders that may or may not deserve that opportunity. Now we’re facing each other, champ versus champ, and only one walks away with a belt. You’ve just had a similar match against Sheyanne Successful and then again against Ethan Cage but without risking your title. Big win against the world champion. Good job. You must be feeling pretty confident of yourself going into our match, right? If you can beat Ethan, surely you can beat me. Right?

At the last word, she turns her face slightly towards the camera with a raised eyebrow. There’s a hint of a smile but her eyes give away nothing, hiding her true emotions.

Blyss Lockhart
Remember what you told me on Twitter, Thor? Arrogance is what’s keeping you from curling up in a ball of self defeat? Well, isn’t it gonna be so much fun when I win that unified championship? Imagine the leader of the creepy ass we-do-blood-bath-induction-ceremonies-in-the-ring down for the count, humbled in defeat. Let me tell you this, champ. Arrogance is a mask you wear to hide your insecurities. That fear you try to put away doesn’t fool me, it only fools you. You’re not invincible, Thor. You never were and you never will be. You like to play mind games with your stupid Empire of Blood shit?

She suddenly swings her legs over the table’s side, facing directly at the camera. Her hair covers part of her face but one can see pure anger in her left eye.

Blyss Lockhart
Well, fuck you! I’ll admit though, Storming Raven wasn’t doing too well when you came along but the fact that you recruited him to be part of your brotherhood makes me sick! That is NOT helping him, you sick fuck! I hope Raven wakes up real soon and realizes he’s been had! You’re only out for yourself! Not this business, not your “brothers”. You have no legacy, Thor! Your actions in this company have tainted what you think was your pride. Your plans to grow that stable of yours will not come to life because you know why?! Empires don’t fucking last! Especially here in the Insurgency. Read up on the company history, Thor! You have multiple degrees, don’t you?! So many past groups have all fallen. None survives till today! Take the last stable for example. The Empire. Its name so close to yours. And its fate will repeat for yours because that’s what history does! It fucking repeats when idiots like you don’t learn! It comes back to haunt everybody who’s stupid enough to stay stubborn and do the same fucking thing again and again. “Beware the power of stupid people”. Yeah that pretty much sums you up except you think you have the power but the fact of the matter is that you don’t. So naturally, the Empire of Blood will fall. It has no place here. Take a look around you, Thor! History doesn’t care if you know it or not because Mother Nature’s a bitch! YOU should take the initiative to not only learn from your own mistakes but from what past shitheads did too! YOU should know by now how this company runs and who runs this place! YOU should get your head out of your ass and stop being so fucking ambitious about things that WILL fail. YOU--

Blyss stops to catch her breath. By now, she’s already jumped off the table and the camera has backtracked as she steps closer to it at each “YOU”. Her fists clench and unclench by her sides. When she speaks again, the tone of her voice turns calmer yet one can sense an underlying frustration. She raises her Phoenix championship belt to the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
This title means so much to me that you can never understand. It represents every waking minute that I spent training and conditioning to stay in my best form, every agonizing moment when I thought I couldn’t do it but I did, every leap forward that I took to gain what I’ve set out to do since I laced up my first pair of wrestling boots. When I was in that dirty old gym on Irving Park Road trying not to feel guilty for sneaking in without paying for a class but finally feel like I fit in somewhere, I dreamt of a moment like this. I envisioned what this day right now would be like and I strongly believe that when I walk out of this arena tonight, I will carry that unified title over my shoulder. Just like how I carried over the significance of a female championship when I changed it to the Phoenix title, I will make damn sure that a woman will beat you and be crowned the first ever Uprising Phoenix champion.

She relaxes her posture and brushes her hair behind her ears.

Blyss Lockhart
This woman you’ll be facing tonight won’t be the same one that lost two weeks ago. Or the one they call “a wrecking crew”. No... (shakes her head) It’s simply Blyss Lockhart and that means... (smirks) Me. I am so many things, Thor, that it doesn’t matter how much you can guess. You can watch all the tapes of my past matches over and over again. You can go around to my friends and my enemies to know what kind of competitor I am. Hey, you don’t even have to go so far. Just ask your “brother” how I kicked his ass at Homecoming. Or you can even get your boys to execute some sort of attack on me before, during or after our match tonight. Just try, Thor. Come and test me! (spreads her arms) I welcome you to do your best, or worst, and find out firsthand what it’s like to fight me and FAIL. What it’s like to maintain that arrogance and poor sense of security and FAIL. What it’s like to face that goddamn Blyzzard and fail...

Leaning closer to the camera, her voice falters. Her eyes seem to search for something as she speaks in a low voice, one corner of her mouth turning upwards. Her tone is light and slightly mocking.

Blyss Lockhart
Your time as champion is over, Sah’ta Thor. As quickly as you gained it, I will take it away. There can only be one that rises from the ashes of this fight and that is the Phoenix. (grins) The current Phoenix champion.

She raises her title high over her head and slaps hard on the face plate before wearing it around her waist. She bows down slightly and blows a kiss to the camera before turning on her heels and walking away.

I gave my life away
Here I stay, here I stay

------------------------------------------------------------
OOC
”Under The Bridge” lyrics by RHCP

Last edited by Blyss on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : colour coding correction)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Sah’ta Thor   Blyss Lockhart  [vs.]  Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Sah’ta Thor
Page 1 of 1