Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven Empty
PostSubject: Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven   Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:34 am

RP Here
Back to top Go down
Alexander Raven

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven   Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Scene One
Off-Camera;
Anger management, part 2;

“So, you lied about what a gauntlet matched entailed, to make me seem stupid? Why the fuck?” Alex was annoyed, and he was letting his new manager have it. This man had told him to make himself appear idiotic twice, and made himself seem helpless and hopeless. “Does it make you angry?” “Damn right it makes me angry, you idiot! What the hell do you expect it to make me? Excited?” He was simply met with a chuckle, and a retorting shake of the head, a slight shush escaping the man’s lips. “I fail to see the problem, this being the case. We are here to make you my second coming, are we not? We are here to make sure that you are able to prosper, and that no man, or woman alike can come between you and making the impact you so wish to.”

Alex snarled and slammed his fist down on the table in front of him, which was simply met with a further laugh. Alex was fuming, it was evident. The anger blazed across his eyes like an angry, unforgiving tornado. The docility of the emptiness that he had feigned the week before gone. Giving way to the true anger beneath. “I understand that. But making me look like a fucking idiot every single time I go out to that ring. Every single time I open my mouth, is not going to make me prosper. We’re not going to make me your protégé if you keep having me fuck up. I’m angry, and you’re doing nothing to fix this!” The outburst was merely met with a chuckle, and a sharp backhand to his face, knocking him flat off his feet. “Don’t get smart with Alex. I want you to think, very carefully. We’ve already come to the conclusion, that to make sure that you are an unbeatable force of reckoning, we needed to take a new approach. We needed to take you off the radar for a little while, and breed the beast of fiery rage within you. We’re doing just that. You get relaxed after you begin to win; you begin to become cocky in an ability that was only borne out of your fiery flaming anger to destroy others. You will develop better if you stand true to my routines. If you allow me to dictate when you can show off and win. And when you will be made to look idiotic and confused.”

Alex had risen to his feet whilst he’d been lectured, his foot hooking up into the coffee table kicking it square across the room and against the brick walls of the building they were currently in, ringing out a loud echo. Alex stared at the cloaked figure in front of him. He didn’t know why such measures were necessary when there was no chance of them being seen congregating. When he already knew who he was being controlled and dictated by. Who he was being trained by. Perhaps it was in case somebody did try and stalk them down. Maybe it gave him a sense of empowerment? Maybe the cloak was just really comfortable. “Why do I have to be made to look like an idiot? We’ve already figured out ways of creating a burning flame of anger deep within. We already know how to invoke the fire should I ever get relaxed. Why all these flashy flamboyancy’s? I don’t like it. At all.”[/i] The figure turned on his heel and began to slowly walk away, signalling with a flick of his fingers for Alex to follow in turn behind him. Alex did as he was told and followed on behind him, his hands balled into angry fists.

“Think logically now. You’ve been humiliated twice. Both times outwrestled, and once by looking like a complete idiot. This has awakened a different level of emotion within you. You’re always angry Alex, this I know. But you are assuaged far too quickly, and so it’s important to be able to recreate different levels and forms of the same emotion, yet in different potency. You’re put against Storming and Parker this week Raven. Do you remember the humiliation you felt at the hands of Storming Raven? We will invoke that anger, breached with that rage you’ve felt by the faltering at the hands of the likes of Jack Savage and Flex Johnson. You’ll be at your epitome of ability, and the height of your aggression. The sort that you invoked upon Alexander Remington when you should’ve ended him. That level of anger Raven, is what you need, every week. That level of power and strength. We’re going to make sure that you feel that adrenaline rush, every week. That your veins are filled with the pure power to crush those who stand in your way Raven. We’re going to ensure this. Once this comes with ease, you won’t need to lose. Knowing that these men think they can stand against you will be enough.”

Alex simply grunted, knowing that he was right. He shook his head and punched the wall once, before a rough grip was placed upon his wrist. “I don’t like being like this. I want to be happy. Why can’t we go about this differently? Why can’t we just use my natural ability, and not have to make me angry beyond belief?” This was met with a chuckle, and the release of the hand, the clicking of fading footsteps chorusing with a final few statements. “Do not be naïve Raven. We both know, the only reason anyone succeeds in this business is anger. Don’t waste it on the wall. Save it for the victory. In winning you can be happy, whilst still maintaining the anger to continue winning. Don’t fail me this week Raven. Or I shall find a new protégé.”

Alex simply let out a primal scream, echoing throughout the entirety of the building, coupled only by the cackling laughter that coincided with it. Alex slowly stalked off, to get ready to go for his daily training sessions. He was going to need something to keep him simmered before unleashing the beast at Battlegrounds.

Scene Two
On-Camera;
Calm before the ‘Storm’;

“I often wonder, how’d I get to this point? Where the words I speak, are never backed up by the actions I make. For a day or two, people remember the highlights, the achievements I’ve had. Then for months of come, they laugh and mock the name of Alexander Raven. The Raging Raven. They laugh and simply cast aside my achievements for a mistake. Guess that’s to be expected with the vanity of people. Can’t expect to be respected by those who within themselves cannot be respected. The people, the fellow athletes and those who think they can change, critique me. They are wrong. They’re all wrong. Nobody has the power to critique me. Nobody is allowed to try and beat me down. Nobody. I am in control of myself, and the world around me. I am. Nobody else. The anger I feel is brewed from the inability and idiocy of those around me. It is time I stop allowing myself to become deluded by the possibility that people are able to evolve beyond. That people will bend to my whim with the mere presence of power. No, I must show them their errors. I must show them, what is necessary to do to beat me. Then show them the futility in believing that winning, is stopping the pure force. I will show people the truth.”

The scene slowly began to fade in, the darkness being torn about by pillars of light. The light was piercing through windows, a derelict looking building. A person sitting in the frame of one of the windows, the glass smashed out, littering the floor. There was the whistle of wind, screaming through the air, breaking the silence that sat eerily over the scene. There was a slight grunt from the short-hair, broad-shouldered figure, then the person began to sway slightly in the window frame, before slowly pushing back, swinging his legs over and turning into the house. The blaze of anger flashing across the eyes of the stubbled face of Alexander Raven. His beard had been shaven off, giving him a slightly rougher, more agitated and wild look. His hair still cropped relatively short to his head. A slight smile creasing the face of Raven.

||Alexander Raven||
“Storming Raven. How’ve you been buddy? It’s been a long, long time hasn’t it? How’ve you been? Did your wife ever get back to? I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t. After the nights, I had my way with her I wouldn’t want to go back to a half a man either. What was the threat back then, Storming? Release the Wendigo? Have you changed since then Storming? Have you grown into a bigger and better man? Are you running with a new gimmick? Or are you realising the truth inside yourself? I think you’d be better off being the man you really are. Not hiding the reality of it all. Maybe then she would’ve loved you like she ended up loving me? Perhaps your schizophrenic delusions deluged you any truth of the situation. Maybe I’m just insane Storming, and you’ve already bypassed all these barriers I speak of. Maybe, but I doubt it. Why do I doubt this Storming? Because I know the kind of person you are. I remember the pure anger that flowed through your veins. I know the vanity that you would have felt after beating me in that match when you hung me over the rope. Despite it, you never got your true revenge for the humiliation that was served to you after that match, did you Storming? Now, you’ll be given a chance to fix all that you couldn’t. Now you’ll be given that chance. But, do you see this crumbling house before me, Storming? This house, just like me is collapsing in on itself. Unable to deal with the world, ceasing to be. Whilst the house will become dust, never to be seen again, you Storming know that that my ceasing, that any ceasing and collapse of a person is not of the physical. At least not for those of us fuelled by rage. No, this cease is the anger, being allowed to envelop our minds. Just as this house’s walls are collapsing, so are the mental barriers I’ve put in place to stop myself from destroying those who stand before me. But, there’s a revelation Storming. My dear master, has shown me the truth, is priming me to be otherwise. He’s breaking down their barriers. As these walls collapse, so does my ability to stop the rage from flowing within. The beast calls for the blood of those who have put me in the spotlight as a weakling. As an idiot. The beast demands reprimand, in the form of your destruction. It demands that you fall beneath my boot.”

With this, Alex stomped his foot the glass beneath his foot cracking and crunching, dust falling from the roof, the room itself seeming to shake, almost like an earthquake. After a few moments all settled back to a normal, the cocky grin spreading wide across Raven’s face. His hand moving up into his hair, gripping at it, seeming to struggle between a momentary sanity and a lapse in control over himself, bending down, hunching over. His back heaving up and down, with heavy breathing. The laughter ripping through the wind, bouncing off the empty walls of the shabby brick and wood building. The floor creaking under his feet.

||Alexander Raven||
“See how the world bends and screams to the will of the person? See how the world turns, and continues to turn but none stop to watch the collapse of things that are beaten by the weather? Nobody cares for individuals like us Storming. Nobody cares about what happens to those of us, who cannot keep a sane mask, to show the world. Nobody cares. Why should they, it’s not like it truly matters to them. We are the ones’ who must control our actions Storming. Do we allow the world to continue to mock us, do we allow people to continually place judgment upon us? I don’t think we should. Whereas you may be content, always being second place. Just making cameos against the bigger names, I am not. I will never be content Storming. Not until everyone has experience the true rage of the Raging Raven. Not until the thirst of the unquenchable beast has been quenched. Not until the rumbling thunder that inhabits the very soul of my body is able to move on, able to exist peacefully. Do you see the issue here Storming? Whilst filth like you roams the world, I will never be content. Whilst people hide their true emotions, and seek out to hide from the world, I will never be content. The beast will never relinquish its grasp on my throat while you still stand in that ring Storming. And whilst cheap revenge and shutting me up, might be your goal, mine extends far beyond you and your pathetic existence. I took what you held dearest, and threatened to choke you to an inch of your life. I took what mattered most to Alexander Remington and beat him to within an inch of his life. The father, that I finally parted ways with, was burned to an inch of his life. And like father like son, I was burned to within an inch of my life, by those who you once stood beside. Who is the true beast, Storming?”

He growled lowly within his throat, placing his hands upon his thighs lightly. Standing back up slowly, he closed his eye, moving one hand up to his face, pinching the bridge of his nose between his middle and index fingers. He began to slowly walk forward, away from the window and into what would’ve once been a living area. The faded leather couches covered in a layer of dust, a sad image into what would’ve once been quite possibly a happy home. Raven placed his hand lightly on the back of the couch. Squeezing into the fabric gently, sighing deeply.

||Alexander Raven||
“What was home life like for you Storming? You too Parker, don’t think I’ve forgotten you. I have a special place for you. Just you wait, keep prime and ready. I don’t want you to relax and think you’ve been forgotten about. You’re next. Firstly however, I need to make Storming realise, the futility of the situation he is in. What was home life like? Were things happy and fun? Did you go and play games with the other kids? Were your parents in love, and happy together. Or maybe it was single parenting, and you were raised by your father alone. Did he beat you? Did everyone from society reject your very existence, yet in the same moment fear what would happen if you ever did snap? Did you black out when kids insulted your cheap home done bowl cut? Did you find yourself over a messed up, broken and bloody child fists throbbing and knuckles exposed and white, the skin torn open and bleeding. Children around you screaming, telling you to stop. Did you ever have these problems Storming? Did your father, tell you, he hated you? Blamed you for your mother’s death? Did you find your happiness. Good memories and all warmth fading? The humour you once had, disappearing and the light of the world beginning to fade. I know these feelings Storming. I don’t think you honestly do. I don’t think you understand the agony and rage that wells up in a naturally enraged child. I don’t think you know the brutality of the world. It doesn’t require a bad neighbourhood. It doesn’t require lack of money, or even a broken household. It just requires a bad situation. It just requires one screw-up, one mistake. It just requires anger within a person. It just requires somebody wanting something to the point of wanting to murder another if they don’t. A child’s view on the world being broken isn’t worth that of an adult’s money bet. It didn’t matter, the cruelty of the world needed to be exposed didn’t it Storming?”

Alex slammed his fist on the couch, before slamming his foot into it, flipping it over. A moment later the floor gave way and the couch fell through the floor. Alex spread his arms out and pointed all around the room, spinning in a slow circle.

||Alexander Raven||
“Do you see this broken home, Storming? The walls collapse, and the beasts within are unleashed. I want you to understand that you will experience the rage of the beast. You lucked out, you are a sole focus, a major desire of blood for the assuagement of the creature. You personally are a reason for my initial collapse, and now your blood, flesh and bones will serve as my ladder back. Your own soul will be fed to the rage, to increase the flame. To show everyone that you cannot stand against me. That nobody can stand against me. No one. Not you, not Jack Savage, not Flex Johnson and not Parker Wayde. You will fall by my feet Storming, and I will use you as the first rung on the ladder. I will make sure you understand that you are nothing compared to me. I want you to understand. You are useless in this world. And you Parker. There is a special place in this all for you ‘Dragon Slayer’. Show me rage, Storming. Show me your… RAGE!”

With a bright smile, a flash of anger, Raven flicked his head backwards, and allowed the word ‘rage’ to erupt from deep down in his throat, exploding through the house. The camera slowly fading out, focusing upon Raven. The word echoing in the eventual darkness. The soft dropping of water, followed only by a single word splayed across the darkness in red.

“Rage.”

Scene Three
On-Camera;
Savage intentions, Equinox Park;

“Why do we fight, when we know that it will get us nowhere? Why do we continue to have conflict with each other, when deep down, we know. We know that in the end, we won’t be any better off than we started. We’re all just angry men, who are trying to find focus on the long road to nothingness. We’re just upset children, unable to get what they want. And when everything is said and done, and we must pass the torch onto the next generation, we’ll leave as aggressive old men, doomed to spend the rest of our days savagely beating our wives, and destroying all who stand by us. Maybe think of this the next time you go down to the park, and you see that old war veteran. Just sitting there, telling people off who try and talk to him. Maybe, he was just raped of his happiness, and refused of everything he had spent his life trying to achieve. Just another angry man, destined to die, knowing that nothing he had worked to get, is going to be for nothing, and he’s going to pass away, upset and angry, and without purpose. Savage intentions, isn’t it?”

The scene slowly began to fade in. Engulfed the laughter and happiness of people. Children were playing, sun beaming down. People seemingly having fun. Raven was standing, smiling a rather forced smile upon his face, looking over the green grassy of the park, to all the people yelling and shouting and enjoying themselves in the warmth of the sun. Then within a moment, a simple chuckle from Alex’s lips the scene changed. Doused in darkness. Everyone was gone, leaving Raven standing alone, the same, but seemingly more malevolent smile upon his face. It was night-time, all within a moment. His hand moving to the back of his head, gripping at what hair he could.

||Alexander Raven||
“I remember, when I first came to this company, Parker. You were, the top of the tier. The ‘Dragon Slayer’ I remember you dubbing yourself as. The night you beat the almighty, unbeatable Stygian and took the top crown of the business, solidifying yourself as a top player of the business. I remember thinking to myself. ‘When I finally beat down Remington. Beat down all the naysayers of the business and become something more than a joke, I will beat that man. I will take him down and I will make everyone see, who I am. Time has passed since then, and this is what I’m faced with. You, and Storming. My first rival here in IWF, besides the almighty Remington, and the man I was determined to one day get to, to bring down. How quaint, that after it all. After everything that has happened, I’m now placed against the both of you. What does this say? Does this say that Storming and I have far surpassed the level of talent we once had? Or does this put you down as nothing? Just a man who got lucky, and now has nothing. Jobbing it along with the rest of us nobodies? I wonder Parker. Do you sleep well at night, knowing your fall from grace, and seeing the world as you do now, the destruction of the company around you, and your inability to stop it. How do I know, you can’t stop it? Quite easily. You’re being faced off against nobodies. Laughing stocks like Storming and I. People who are going against the likes of Jack Savage, and Flex Johnson. Nobody’s of the business. People who are here, because we create anticipation and time to build hype for those who are worth the money put into them. The Alex Dillinger’s and Corey Bull’s. The Stygian’s. I wonder, how does it make you feel inside, knowing that you were raped of the spotlight, by those who are the new faces of the business here. The new players of the company. How does it make you feel, knowing you’re now facing against people like me? Does it boil you inside Parker? Does it make you mad? You’re probably wondering why I said this place was a special place. Specially chosen for you. Well, we’ll see shan’t we?”

Alex grinned slightly, tapping himself in the back of the head lightly, as he began to walk down a running path. The wind blowing through the treetops, brushing the leaves in murmured whispers. ‘Does he have what it takes?’ ‘Can he do it?’ ‘Who does he think he is?’ ‘He’s way over his head.’ The whispers of the trees taking muttered words, echoing. Alexander’s face softening slightly as he closed his eyes, sitting himself down on a patch of grass, seemingly nowhere special within the park. Just another patch of green amongst all the others.

||Alexander Raven||
“I remember the day I came to IWF. When I attacked Alexander Remington, and made the IWF universe know my face. I came to this park, or one like it and just say. Sat and asked myself ‘What am I doing? Am I truly this obsessed with being better?’ The more I asked, the more confused I became. Until I eventually just, collapsed within my own thoughts. With each question, two more sprung to life. ‘What do I do, if I do beat him? Then what? Do I go back to living life happily? Tell my still recovering father to suck it up? What do I do?’ It seemed, that despite the intentions of actions, there was no respite from the constant brooding anger that lay within. Despite what I intended to do, once it was all settled, I had nothing. I saw, that my entire career up to that point, had consisted of trying to be better than one person. If I was, then what was left for me? Nothing. I almost have to thank Alexander Remington for what he did. For the injustice that was served to me, because whilst I was recovering from the burns in hospital, I had time to think. I thought a lot Parker. A lot. And I watched, the going-ons of the company, and I kept in knowledge of everything that was happening. I saw you rise up, and I saw you take the belt. Then I knew. That if I beat one desire, then another would take its place. I found a realisation within myself, that to be truly happy, I constantly had to challenge myself. I constantly had to find a source to feed the beast that had lay dormant, content with the fuel it had been provided. I had to do something to keep it going. I had to. It was in those weeks, possibly months that I lay in bed, recovering that I learned, I needed to do something. That’s when I was approached. Shown what I needed to do, in order to get what I wanted. A special person showed me that. He drove my hand, and he made me do things I thought beyond my ability. I drove Storming to the brink of insanity. I destroyed both physically and mentally his wife. I broke them. But, I wasn’t ready. There was more than needed to be done before I could start taking down people like you Parker. There were things that needed to be done. I needed to find a central place. A point of evenness, between the rage and desire. An equinox. So I came back to this park, Parker, and I sat here. Thinking. The thoughts raging through my mind again. Finding that equinox. Searching for that equinox. I needed it, to know if I was ever going to stand against you, or anyone that I saw of that calibre, I was going to need to find that source within myself. I needed to find that anger. The intention. Those savage intentions.”

He smiled, more realistically this time. Less anger, less force. His hands linking between his hand at the fingers, as he leaned back, lying out on the grass. A light rift of laughter escaping from his lips. The evident loss in his sanity showing, an almost split personality forming. A deeply aggressive, yet logical Raven. And a calm, relaxed, and retrospective Raven. Polar opposites, yet maintaining the same, edge cutting words.

||Alexander Raven||
“Irony, Parker. Your namesake, and this place of homage for me. A place of thought and return. The irony. I once respected you Parker. As an athlete, and a fellow competitor of the business. In the same way I once respected Jack Savage, Griffin Hawkins and Alexander Remington. However, as I’ve watched, and continued to observe, I’ve lost respect for these individuals. I’ve lost respect for all those who honestly stand in that ring against me. I’ve had it. Deep within, I may one day, allow my respect for you, and others to return, but, I would not count on it Parker. Whereas you may not be the sole focus of my cautions, you’re destruction at my hands will be the sole focus of my assaults. I intend to make you scream in pain. To beg for release that will not come. I want to hear your bones snapping, threatening to break under pressure. I want people to see that Alexander Raven, is no laughing matter. That Alexander Raven is that of which this company now needs. Someone who’ll stand up to the likes of Alex Dillinger, Gordon Fury. Smack the talk and crap out of the mouths of those like Jack Savage and Flex Johnson. Beat down the rapid animals like Corey Bull and Griffin Hawkins. It is necessary. You were once the sole chance this company had, and you failed to live up to the expectations that were set before. So now, you shall suffer in the defeat that you will receive at my hands. You will suffer in the crush you will feel beneath the sole of my shoe. You will beg for fucking mercy, as I threaten to pull your head from your goddamn shoulders. I will break you in two, and leave you lying in the middle of the ring, begging for the mercy that you do not deserve. You failed me, personally. Without knowing it, you failed everyone. I will show you what happens to failures Parker. I’ll set this fucking town on fire, if I need to. I will burn you out, and I will break your pretty little face. Then, and only then, will my anger be assuaged. Momentarily, against you. Just like Storming, your life will amount to nothing more than a rung of flesh, blood and bone on my ladder back to the top of the totem pole. Back to where the legends sit. You will be nothing but a rung beneath my feet. I will show you, the futility of your actions. Yet, you, and Storming, despite the anger I feel. Do not hold the sway of my anger. The true anger. No, that place is reserved for someone special. Who took it upon themselves to personally attack me, and insult me as a person. Savage intentions, aren’t they, Jack?”

The smile slowly faded from his face, disappearing into a frown, a bonfire of flame roaring across Alex’s eyes. In only a moment his entire presence changed. He was burning with a deep aggression, his hands now gripping at his hair again, as he began to slowly sit up, then stand. Bending over, he began to heave slightly, seemingly struggling once more with his grip. A lapse in control over his sanity.

||Alexander Raven||
“We failed to live up to our promises, but yet in were likely to have only have caused more anger in each other. Jack, you and I. We could’ve been friends, we could’ve been nice to each other. But, you took it upon yourself, to make claims. You took it upon yourself to insult me personally, and not only that, but try and tell me you were better than I. At all but one encounter Jack, I’ve bested you. Beaten you down, and stopped you. I allowed you, one victory over me. Something to be proud of. Yet you threw it back in my face. I pity you Jack. I pity your intentions. For the savage nature of my actions that are bound to come, will know no limits. I ask you to watch your back, Jacky boy. I ask you to be careful, for when the raven strikes. He will destroy you. Jack, Parker. Show me your… RAGE!”

With a bright smile, a flash of anger, Raven flicked his head backwards, and allowed the word ‘rage’ to erupt from deep down in his throat, exploding through the open night sky. The camera slowly fading out, focusing upon Raven. The word echoing in the eventual darkness. The soft tap of fading footsteps, followed only by a single word splayed across the darkness in red.

“Rage.”

Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven   Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 am

Parker's House
The End of the Ride
Parker's Address

The scene opens in a dark office. The room has a single wall, a circle, made mostly of bookshelves with a support pillar thrown in on either side of the individual shelves. Most of them lay empty. Books and papers are all over the floor, as if someone hadn't cleaned up in years. In the center of the room is a beaten and worn mahogany desk. On it rest the feet of a beaten man. Though his face is mostly shrouded by the fact that the room is very dimly lit, the people have seen this room before and they know who to expect.

-Parker Wayde-
How long has it been since you have seen me in here? I am having trouble remembering that far back. Granted, with everything that has transpired over the past few months, nobody would blame my trying to forget. There have been ups, of course, but primarily, there have been downs. It's the kind of thing that makes a person wonder if the ride is still worth being on. Take this room for instance, there used to be a really nice chandelier hanging just here...

Parker lifts his right arm and points to the empty space above his head. The dim light casts a heavy shadow on the bookshelves behind where Parker sits. He waves his hand in a circle, like he is tracing the area that the chandelier should have occupied, and then drops his hand back to his lap with a sigh.

Rising Monarchy...

-Parker Wayde-
That's right. It was after I walked away from IWF. A second consecutive loss to the rising force known as Alexander Remington. A guy comes out of a defunct fed and runs havoc on IWF much like I did when I first started out here. What happens when two forces like that clash? Well, the record will show that Parker loses that battle 100% of the time. That night, Remington beat me so bad that I chose to walk away from IWF, clinging to the accomplishments I had made before that point. I can justify that loss by saying that I had done everything there was to do in the company. I can say that I lost because I wanted to walk away. Although, I am better sure that everyone out there would see that for the lie that it is. I can remember getting the next day, and throwing my gym bag as hard as I could at that chandelier. It never really stood a chance. The whole thing came crashing down onto this old desk. I don't even remember cleaning the damn thing up. It's a wonder that it isn't still sitting here with the rest of all this junk. I told my dad that one day, I would grow up and have a library of my own. Look how that turned out....

Parker stops. The lack of lighting masks the movement of Parker's eyes. He looks around the room, seeing one disappointment after another. This room is every example of his career, or rather, his life, gone wrong. His eyes come to the shelf nearest to him. A picture of Parker holding the tag team title high into the air. It's the moment that he won the Grand Slam Championship in IWF.

Ascension...

-Parker Wayde-
Can I sit here and tell you people that I earned my Grand Slam Title? Would you believe me if I did? I am not so sure that I can even convince myself of that. Remington beat me and I left this company for two months. I fell apart, and struggled to put the pieces back together while I was gone, so it only made sense for me to come back to find balance. Steel Angel needed a little bit of assistance to get himself a tag title, and move into the Grand Slam category. I saw my opportunity and I seized it. Does anyone think that beating one half of the tag champions, while the other stands and watches is really a win? How about the fact that I only showed up after he was already beaten to shit? There was nothing fair or honest about that match. I stole that title. If that was the only one, maybe I could still lay a claim to having won everything this company has to offer me. The fact is, I stole all of them. I stole them, and then I dumped them as fast as I could, so that I could move seamlessly to the next level. Parker Wayde rocketed up to the top of this company only because I manipulated it to be so. If a guy dominates the Full Throttle contenders and takes the belt, he has to be in a league above them. If he does the same by taking out the legends in the High Impact division, then he has to be ready for the big time. If he can grab that brass ring, he has to be one of the greats. That is the lie that we tell ourselves, and it is a lie that I no longer believe.

He pauses again. This is starting to sound like a suicide letter. He looks around for more inspiration. With every individual weight he takes off of his chest he feels better. That voice in the back of his head that is screaming the truth just gets quieter and quieter. On top of one of the bookshelves is a globe, it seems to cause a stir within Parker as he starts to talk again.

The World Tour I...

-Parker Wayde-
I had never toured around the world before we stopped in Japan. Steel Angel and I should have been riding in with our heads held high. I should have been feeling like I had finally made it in the world. When you have held every championship in a company that tours nationally, you have to pat yourself on the back. When you are part of an international tour with that company, and you are carrying the proof of your Grand Slam title on your shoulder, you should be on cloud nine. That wasn't meant to be for me though. Steel Angel couldn't stand me, and I still can't stand him. It seems that every sore spot that I have in my career has something or another to do with him. We roll into Tokyo to put a pair of tag team titles on the line against a couple of people we should have beaten easily. I already said that we didn't earn those titles. That night, we didn't even really retain them. I can remember leaving that arena so pissed off that I almost dropped my half of the belts. It had been more than two months since I had won a legitimate match, and the days were going to continue to tick past. Steel Angel was pinned in front of the world. The tag team champions, who didn't really win the belts, didn't really defend the belts, and half of them was on a two month losing streak. Would you buy a ticket to see that show? I don't think so. Had it stopped there, maybe I could forgive myself....

His voice trails off. Parker clears his throat and takes his feet off the desk. He leans forward, putting his elbows on his knees and bringing his hands up to rest his chin on. When he starts to talk again, it seems absent minded. He isn't trying to filter out anything by over thinking it.

World Tour Down Under...

-Parker Wayde-
What a show we put on in Australia. Every bit of that disappointment seemed to wash right off me when we got off the plane. That feeling of being on an international trip just came flooding back to me like a breath of fresh air. Even when I thought about the tag team titles that we didn't deserve to carry, it was all snapped together so peacefully. Sure, we didn't earn those belts, but we got them. Sure, we didn't really defend them, but at least we know how close we came to failing. We had seen our lives as champions flash before our eyes, and had come out of it with the titles still around our waists. I went from self deprecation to confidence in the time it took me to find the bag I had checked at the airport. I could feel it in every bone of my body that Australia was going to be the place that I turned it around. What happened? Oh yea, we fell flat on our faces. It wasn't even a graceful fall. Steel Angel went down like a bitch and didn't get back up. Myself? I was getting beaten on the outside of the ring like I was a rookie. The worst part was, we lost to a couple of IWF unknowns. Two people that had done shit all in this company crushed the guys that had done it all. I came home after that show. I had to get myself away from the tour. There was no way I was going to be able to clear my mind with everything constantly reminding me that my career was crumbling before my eyes. Half of these books on the floor, got that way the night that I got home. I tore through the shelves after everyone told me how great of a match it was, even if we did lose. I listened to some shrink tell me that even in my loss, I showed real sportsmanship and promise. He talked about it as if I had turned the corner. That wasn't true at all. Nothing was getting better. If anything, I no longer had a title to hide behind. I was exposed from that moment on, for the loser that I had been for three months, and I ran away from it. I ran to this room and I took it out on the things this career has afforded me. A grown man threw a tantrum like a child... How sad....

The next sound that comes from Parker is a chuckle, but it seems like more of a sob. Parker fights to attempt to make light of the situation, even though he knows that for once he is telling the truth. Anyone that has seen him in the ring knows that he always has an excuse, at every turn. Every shortcoming is someone else's fault. Every loss comes with a new person to point the finger of blame at. He shakes his head, trying to hold his ego back so that he can continue.

World Tour Final Stop...

-Parker Wayde-
When I came home, they took me off the tour all together. I am not sure that little tidbit ever made it to one of the dirt sheets. I can recall calling them and asking why I wasn't booked, and the only reply they offered was that I was known to just take off without warning. It was a stab at the fact that I walked out after Remington beat me for the second time. The only response I could come up with was for them to put me in Steel's corner. It seemed like a good enough plan. All I had to do was show up and show some group solidarity. I did. He still lost. That one was a kick right in the sack for me. Anything that I tried to be a part of was a loss. Every single time I walked into the arena is was to add a loss to my record. That night, it might not have have been me getting pinned in the middle of the ring, but it damn sure felt like it. I did the only thing that I could think to do at that point, I called out the Phoenix Champion. It was my way of shifting the blame off of myself again. Blyss was the one that beat Steel the night we escaped with the tag team belts. If I could beat her on my own, it would mean prove that we really couldn't have dropped the belts to them. I beat Gordon. I would have beaten Blyss if I had the chance. Instead, I called her out and she proved to the world that she and Gordon Fury actually deserved to carry the tag team titles. Just like that, the blame I tried to shift onto her came flooding back. Instead of thinking our draw three weeks previous was a fluke for them, it was proven to be a fluke for me. I got lucky. More than three months without a win. More than three months and I couldn't justify a draw anymore. There was nothing but L's on my record.

Parker shifts in his seat, finally turning it towards the desk. The dim light leaking in from the doorway of the room catches the left half of his face. For the first time, his face isn't hidden by the shade. His eyes show just how distraught he is. They are bloodshot to the point where it is hard to see any white in his eyes at all. A five o'clock shadow shows on his chin and cheek, and odd look for a man with a shaved head. He scoots the chair so that it is under the desk, and then props his elbows up on the edge of the table, laying his hands flat on the work space of the desk. With a deep breath he pushes his narrative forward.

IWF Homecoming...

-Parker Wayde-
I don't know why we even bothered showing up to Homecoming with our heads held high. Steel Angel and I knew that we weren't going to work as a team. We had picked a stipulation based on the fact that we didn't want or need to work together to do our best work. His best work got him thrown out of the match and through a table before the bell even finished ringing to start the contest. My best work? Well, you can see a pattern starting to form can't you? I will give you one guess how the night turned out, and I am sure it is the only guess that 100% of you need. Look at me. Do I look like the guy that is about to tell you about the one shining win he had in a sea of losses? Nah, I went through a table just like I deserved to. We didn't earn those belts. We didn't defend those belts. We didn't deserve a rematch, and we got our asses kicked when we got one. The one thing that I needed to make clear that night, was that Steel Angel and I were no longer going to be on the same page. It was time to cut that cord, because if I did, I could blame him for the whole month of losses. If I could shift all of the blame to him, then maybe it wouldn't look so bad that it was four months without a victory. More than anything, I wanted to convince myself that I wasn't at rock bottom. If it wasn't my fault, that meant that I could rise back up again. I put that cocksucker through a table, and I enjoyed doing it. There are many things that I have a reason to lie about in this little speech, but that is not one of them. The only satisfaction that I have gotten in a very long time, in that ring, was putting Steel Angel through a table and assuring him that he was the one to blame for everything. The failed team was his doing. He was a plague on my career. I was done with him, or so I thought. I was done with tag matches, or so I thought.

Parker starts to fiddle with things on the table to keep himself distracted. He picks up a pen, and starts to doodle on the table itself, finding not even a scrap of paper on, or in, the desk. At one time, this had been a functional office. Back then, he was winning a lot more often. If this room was supposed to mirror Parker's fall from grace, it's appearance should tell everyone all that they need to know about Parker's state of mind.

BattleGrounds 72...

-Parker Wayde-
So if Steel Angel was really to blame for my bad month and a half, what would happen if we were put on opposite sides of the ring? He was the infection that I had cut out of my skin at Homecoming, and now I was free to show people what I could really do. I knew he was going to try and get in my face. What I didn't realize was that he was going to bring a partner to the fight. That is how Storming Raven got involved. I am not going to lie and say that me and that kid hadn't crossed paths before. Twitter will show a long history between us. One of the first conversations we had, we established that his new Christian name was Steve. To this day, he hates that I call him that. Steve's girl didn't much care for me either. I was too black for her I guess. Instead, she goes for the ladyboys. You know the type: skinny jeans, eye liner, long hair... the Hollywood type. Parker tried to warn her off, tried to get Steve to talk some sense into her. Instead, the slut went out and made herself a porn career out of getting herpes from Ace Static. Steve didn't take that one so well.... In hindsight, maybe I used him as an outlet for my frustration. I had all of these losses piled up, and the one win that I had was reaming him about how I was right, and how he was wrong. I flamed that kid about how disgusting his ex-fiance was, and it came back to bite me. With the AIDS of my career standing across the ring with Flex Johnson, I ended up on Storming Raven's team. He walked out of the match, and I don't blame him for that. He got brought back down to the ring the hard way, and I didn't help him fight out of it. He shouldn't blame me for that. First, Steel Angel was my excuse. Now, Steel had proven to me that maybe he wasn't the bad half of the team. He had beaten me, but it wasn't my fault. I wouldn't let myself believe that so easily. Steve had fucked up that match for me. He left me alone in the ring, and then he was the one that actually took the fall at the end of the night. I walked out of the arena with another loss, but I put the weight of that loss on Steel Angel and Storming Raven. Maybe I had even convinced myself that the black cloud wasn't hovering over my head after all.

The pen that he is writing with stops working. Parker scribbles quickly to try and get the roller in the tip to function properly, but gets nothing. He throws the pen at the shelves. It bounces around before finding a place on the floor among the rest of the mess. Parker sighs, and looks around the room for something else to occupy his mind. He can feel the end of his story coming, and the hard part was still to come...

Battlegrounds 73 and The Black Cloud....

-Parker Wayde-
It is no secret that my career is very much entwined with the career of James Shark. The night I took JHalc to the world title in XWA was the night that James Shark started his career in that company. He didn't hack it there, and quickly left, but he left an impression on me. He was a fighter that would skyrocket to the top of the wrestling business while I sat back and worked as a trainer. The moment I heard that he was on the IWF roster when JHalc signed on, I knew I had to carve a place out for myself. Everyone knows the rest of that story. I took JHalc out, and joined Natural Law with the IWF Champion at my side. I wanted to gain as much influence in my debut as possible. I wanted James Shark to take notice of me, just like I did of him all those years ago. Instead of taking notice, he left IWF without so much as a second thought. I didn't follow. He had left me a trail. James Shark was a Triple Crown Champion in IWF. I found myself walking that path, and getting to the end of the road more impressively, and much more quickly than he did. When we clashed for the first time I had a whole team behind me and I beat him. I had my hand held in the air while he was on his back in the middle of the ring. I can think back on that moment as a high point, but I honestly can't imagine getting back to that point now. That was a different story, this one is much darker than that one. James Shark came back for a bit of redemption. He caught me at Battlegrounds, when I was as close to the bottom as I have ever been. I had blamed Steel Angel, and I had blamed Storming Raven but deep in my gut I was afraid that James Shark was going to be the last straw. I had beaten this man before when I was on top of the world. If I couldn't do so now, it would mean that I really had fallen off. James Shark walked into IWF and one superman punch later he redeemed his loss and showed the world that I wasn't worth their time. The foundation that is my mental state, started to crack on that night. How I held it together and dragged my carcass to Isolation... I don't know.... That big black cloud that was hovering over my head spawned a great black Shark... That Shark chewed me up and spit me out.

Parker cracks his neck. What started out as an uncomfortable confession has apparently transformed into something that is causing Parker physical pain to continue on with. His eyes are now wild, trying to find something to latch on to in the room. His train of thought seems to come off the track, as he opens and closes his mouth several times without producing any sound. Finally, he slams both of his hands on the desk and forces himself to look straight ahead.

IWF Isolation... rock bottom....

-Parker Wayde-
If you are still with me, then you know where this story ends. James Shark had pushed me close to the bottom but I still had the lies I told myself to hang on to. It is June third at this very moment, and I have not won a match since the middle of January. Most of that was Steel Angel's fault. The rest of it I had attributed to Storming Raven because he was the one that let Steel Angel beat me. Isolation became a must win. Isolation became something that I was obsessed with. I didn't speak to anyone after my loss to Shark because I refused to take my eyes off the prize. Months of lies hinged on the fact that I was better than Steel Angel. My very career.... no... My very sanity hinged on the fact that Steel Angel had forced me down into this black hole. I had to prove that I was better than him at Isolation because if I didn't than this five month downward spiral will have been on the shoulders of one man and one man alone. If Steel Angel could beat me one on one than it didn't matter how much of a pussy Storming Raven was when he walked out of our match. If I could beat him, all of my lies became truths.

His rant stops and his voice gets low.....

-Parker Wayde-
Steel Angel wiped the floor with me....

My kingdom came down all around me when the bell rang and his hand was held in the air.

All of the lies, were just that. The last five months of my career were wasted because I wasn't good enough. I was just one of those stars that got too big too fast, and got cast aside once the roster picked up again. My role in this company was just to transition it from one high point, to the next, without the middle looking like a complete sham. The loss to Steel Angel revealed that sham to my eyes. Every single thing that I have done was bullshit. I have proved it every time I have stepped into the ring since I lost my IWF Championship in December. There are ten consecutive failures on my record. There is nearly six months of disappointment stacked up on top of me. I had been able to lie my way out of everything until last week. I had been able to convince myself that there was nothing weighing me down. Eight losses on the record books. One win that wasn't a match as much as it was charity. One draw that I have proven should have been a loss. I don't have anymore excuses. All I have is the truth, and that is what I have told you all. Parker Wayde was not some shining star in IWF. Parker Wayde was a joke that everybody understood except me. My career, and the words that I have told everyone before to day were the punchline of that joke. I got the message though. Loud and clear. I hear all of you telling me the truth. Instead of walking into a quiet room full of people, and thinking they are talking about me, I walk in early enough to hear them laughing at the joke that has been my career. You could say that, at Isolation... somebody turned the lights on.

As he says the last words he claps his hands, and the dim lights built into the horizontal supports for the bookshelves illuminate the room. Parker smiles at his pun, but the defeat does not fade from his face. It is a hollow smile, nothing but another lie he is trying to sell to himself. His eyes struggling to adjust to the light, and he scans over the piles of books on the floor. As he does, something sparkles and catches his eye next to the desk. He pushes himself from the desk and rolls the chair close to it. He picks up the object off the floor, and a smile crosses his face.

-Parker Wayde-
... and they say God doesn't have a sick sense of humor....

Parker drops the object onto the desk, and it bounces, producing a hollow metal sound on the table. It takes another small hop before flattening itself to the desk with a buzz.

-Parker Wayde-
I can remember the last time that I sat at this desk and talked to all of you. I can remember the very last message that I recorded from this seat. Awkwardly enough, it had the same kind of feel to it. Back then, I was a kid that was trying to reach for the brass ring. I was going up against a man that had kicked my ass twice before, and nobody was going to bet on me. It was at that time, that man... gave me this...

Parker scoops up the object from the table and holds it between his index finger and thumb. It was a nickle. Not the shiniest. Not the newest. There was nothing spectacular about it at all. For the fans that remembered it, they could feel the hair on the back of their neck rising. For those that didn't, all they could do was feel the momentum in the room starting to shift away from blackness.

-Parker Wayde-
A nickle. Five cents American. To think that it has survived the car wreck that happened to this room... Stygian said he had collected a nickle for everyone that had threatened him, but he had only given one, to an opponent whom he respected for their ability. That person, was me. On the eve of our match for the IWF World Championship, he had the balls to tell me that he saw something in me that even I may not have seen. I was prepared to steal his title no matter what I had to do, and here he was, telling me that he thought I could challenge him without having to bend the rules. I was on top of the world when he gave me this, and we are now sitting at rock bottom. It's almost poetic. Look at what happened to that man after I beat him. The end of his career happened. The wheels spun off, and he walked away from this company before he could become a punchline. Until Isolation, I had thought myself to be different from him. Maybe the truth is that after that match, we both had the wheels come off. Maybe the truth is that we handed each other our best shots, and regardless of who won, and who lost, we weren't really the same afterwards. Stygian fell off the face of the world. I kept slipping further than further between the cracks until I fell through to the bottom. It is only from the bottom, that you can see clearly. Maybe I should have taken Stygian's path and walked out while I was still considered to be awesome.... maybe I should do that now while I still have the chance.

Parker stops to ponder his own words. He has gotten out everything that he felt the need to say, but now he is left with one final question that he has to answer. If he didn't answer it here and now, he knew he would just find a way to lie and hide it from himself. He couldn't backpedal away from the elephant in the room now. He takes the nickle between his index fingers and spins it on the table, looking up with a smile on his face.

-Parker Wayde-
What is our career, if not a game of chance? Stygian took a gamble when he said he respected me. He may have meant it, but he said it in order to put his voice in the back of my head. You tell an opponent that you respect them in order to put yourself in a league above them. If I didn't think that Stygian was better than me, why would his opinion of me mattered at all? People to not listen to those that are beneath them. All things considered, he made a move on the chessboard that he thought would give him the edge. He picked the place to build me up, so that when the time came, he could knock me down without looking like the cocky fuck that he is.

Parker stands up out of his chair now. The tone of his voice picks up from excitement. The glazed over look in his eyes fade as his pupils dilate and become more active. He rolls his shoulders and shakes out the tension in his back.

-Parker Wayde-
Stygian made a play, and he got in my head. It just took me a little over six months to figure it out. This nickle? It doesn't mean shit to me. It just gave me the perspective that I needed. This is the end of the ride for me. The end of me riding down the path that he set me on. I beat him and he became a nobody that chose to walk away. I kept going, and while I nearly drowned at least I didn't give up the whole fucking game. I didn't throw it away. I sat here before that match and I told Stygian who I was. I made sure that he knew who the fuck he was going up against. He was well aware of the individual that was going to take his title and shut his mouth for good. I did what I said I was going to do the last time I sat behind this desk. Stygian can take his nickle, and shove it up his ass. I am standing here right now, and I am still saying that I am going to be better than him. I beat him, and his career was over. My career is about as dead as it can get right now, but you ain't seen nothing yet. I am going to do what he couldn't... I am going to turn the corner.

Parker picks up the nickle and tosses it back into the pile of shit on the floor. The smile is coming back to his face, and it seems like everything else is just melting away.

-Parker Wayde-
When I say that this is the end of the ride, I mean that it is the end of this ride all the way to the bottom of this industry. When a guy like me loses back to back matches to someone like Steel Angel, your career is basically on life support. This is me turning the fucking machines off. I don't need something to keep me alive. Storming Raven, Steve, whatever the fuck you want to call your cupboard dwelling, arrow shooting ass, you better stay the fuck out of my way. We have a score to settle that seems pretty fucking personal to me, and if I were you, I would shy away from reminding me of that once the bell actually rings. As for you, Alexander, you see, there was another guy I knew of by that name. The one that helped start this row of losses that I have accumulated. Now it would appear that guy has been suspended, and is out of my reach. You on the other hand, I think I can put all of that anger and irritation on you. One Alexander is as good as another. One Alexander can send a message to another. I was about to make the mistake of calling quits on this whole business, but it turns out, it wasn't meant to be. I remember the kid that sat at this desk and told you people to get out of the way or get mowed over. I remember what it felt like to tell Stygian that I was better than he was, and then pin him in the middle of the ring. He walked into a trap with his head held high, and I smacked that look off of his face. I hope that fuck is watching now, because he has probably been enjoying watching me fall to the bottom in the last half year. If he is watching at all, he has been laughing at me, knowing that he avoided the same fate by leaving this company. I hope I still have his attention, because he is going to want to see what happens next.

Storming Raven.

Alexander Raven.

This is your FINAL CALL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven   Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven
Page 1 of 1