Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Vikings had Valhalla, the Klingons had Stovokor. One real, the other not or is it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frank Finelli

Frank Finelli

The Vikings had Valhalla, the Klingons had Stovokor.  One real, the other not or is it? Empty
PostSubject: The Vikings had Valhalla, the Klingons had Stovokor. One real, the other not or is it?   The Vikings had Valhalla, the Klingons had Stovokor.  One real, the other not or is it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 am

" OFF CAMERA"

I didn’t really like having last week off, especially when it is the week before a major PPV Event like Ragnarok. But the powers that be must have figured it would do me good. Little did they no id has done me wonders. I was able to take of some much needed non wrestling business last week which in turn has allowed me to get totally prepared for Ragnarok and The Path to Valhalla match itself. As I exit the shower wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a fresh tee shirt after my afternoon workout. I head downstairs to the kitchen and sneak up behind Lisa as she is chopping up vegetables for our dinner salads . I wrap my arms around her torso and kiss her on the neck and she lets out a giggle and turns into me and smiles.

Lisa: Damn honey, did that shower heat you up? It usually cols you down after a two hour workout.

Keeping my arms around her, I just smile as I answer her little remark.

Frank: Want to find out for real baby?

Lisa: I’d love to, but I do have to get dinner at least started Frank. Besides the twins just fell asleep for their afternoon nap. If we do “that” we will undoubtedly wake them up and we both know they both get very cranky if woken up too soon from a nap.

Frank: Yeah, I know. I remember the last time we woke them during their nap, they kept crying for almost two hours straight . Not very much fun.

Lisa: Go watch some t.v. while I get dinner in the oven then I’ll come and join you while it is cooking and they are asleep .

She kisses me on the lips softly and I give a quick pat on the ass and head out to the living room and sit down on the sofa and grab the remote and turn on the big screen and start channel surfing. As I scan along the channels something catches my eye. It i s a documentary on the History Channel about The Norsemen, otherwise known as The Vikings. It was all about how they sailed the northern Atlantic, The Fjords, lifestyle and their quest to end up in Valhalla at the end of their lives. To be quite honest it had me mesmerized as I watched it. I had no idea they had such a structured social community. As I continued watching it, Lisa finally joined me on the sofa and gave me a weird look when she saw what I was watching.

Lisa: Vikings on the History Channel Frank? I thought for sure you would be watching last weeks BattleGrounds show.

Frank: I watched that last night while you were sleeping babe. Besides this Viking show is really interesting Did you know that the Vikings were not just Norsemen from what is now Norway? The Vikings were from all of the neighboring countries as well. Some were from Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Holland. Hell there were even Vikings who called Greenland home. They basically were nomads to sailing throughout the far North Atlantic, The Fjords and most of the waters around there. It’s really damn intriguing babe. And their “quest to enter Valhalla” upon death was foremost in their minds. “ To have Oden unpleased by your life” was considered a big No-No by them. Not to mention having Thor ‘s hammer thrown at you once you arrived at the Gates of Valhalla and be founf unwanted.

Lisa: Sort of like a Klingon being left out of Stovokor eh Frank ha, ha?

Frank: Funny Lisa, real funny. This was for real babe. Not some Gene Roddenberry Television show creation like the Klingon’s and Stovokor.

Lisa: I know Frank, but look at the similarities involved right. On Star Trek. The Klingon’s whole life was driven to be able to enter Stovokor once they died. The same as the Vikings true?

Frank: maybe, but one is from a television show. The other actual fact babe. But I do think Roddenberry got the idea for Stovokor from the Viking culture.

Lisa: You think? Frank it is obvious to even Ray Charles he got the idea from the Vikings.

We both chuckle and continue to watch the documentary until it ends. I grab the remote and click the big screen off and start to smirk evilly. Lisa notices and nods her head.

Lisa: Uh huh, that show gave you some kind of idea or motivation for Ragnarok and your match didn’t it babe?

Frank: You could say that honey But I don’t want to let “the cat out of the bag” this quick. I only just had the idea pop into my mind a few moments ago.

Lisa: Speaking of pop, my dad has tickets to the PPV. He is taking most of his hotel General managers to the show with him as a reward for increased profits over the same Quarter from last year.

Frank: Great, I can see it now . Your dad smiling as I sit there autographing shirts, photo’s and hats for all his General managers to take home to their kids ha, ha. But I don’t mind , it is kind of “family” perks for them. I do know almost all of them anyway. Umm, I think dinner is about done babe. I can smell the Filet Mignon already.

Lisa nods and leaves the sofa and heads back to the kitchen to check and make sure the Filets are not over cooked. She pokes her head out a few seconds later.

Lisa: Damn, you know the smell of fuly cooked Filet Mignon don’t you Frank?

Frank: Yeah I guess babe. Just a talent I have that’s all.

Lisa : Well come to the table and I’ll bring the salads out and let the Filets stay warming in the oven while we eat that first. And yes, I already put fresh coffee on You don’t have to even mention it.

I get up from the sofa and head to the table to enjoy my dinner with my wife while all the while thinking of The Path to Valhalla match at Ragnarok this week.

< Two days later, Denver >

”ON CAMERA”

The long black limo sits parked, the rear door open as Frank Finelli steps out from the back of it. A confident smirk is plastered on his lips as he steps forward and allows the door to close behind him. The lights from the camera crews and paparazzi flash bulbs are going off illuminating the entire area around him. His custom made Armani suit seems to reflect some of the lighting as he stands there, his tortoise shell shades over his eyes reflect even more off their lenses. Some of the camera crews jockey for the best position to get video or pictures as he looks around for a few moments then begins to speak. The lenses all focus on him and the microphones are held out as far as they can be to catch his every word.

Frank: Tonight, right here in Denver Colorado IWF is gracing you peons with Ragnarok and The Path To Valhalla match. The fact of the matter is all but a few of the entire IWF’s Superstars will be involved in that particular match. For myself, it s a time to really showcase my talents as a wrestler. For many others , it is a chance to get their ass kicked by a true veteran of this business. Me ! I have heard some people describe this match as “one big Cluster fuck”. Those poor fools do not realize what this match truly means to all of us involved in it. It is a chance for all of us to showcase our talents in the ring with a chance to really get noticed by IWF Management and be awarded bigger and better things in the near future. I FOR ONE WELCOME THAT KIND OF CHALLENGE.

Frank pauses for a moment and nods his head as adjusts his necktie and stares into the cameras and starts to speak again.

Frank: Anyone who is anyone in this company is going to be part of this match, Messiah, Jack Savage, hell even Brandon MacDonald himself has entered it. For a Hall of Fame member like B.Mac to get involved proves just what the Path to Valhalla match really means around here. It means EVERYTHING! For some one like myself to even be included after a VERY short time here is humbling. But don’t get the idea that a member of the Empire of Blood is turning soft. That is so far from the truth it is ridiculous. I look upon this match as an opportunity to snatch the “spotlight” from those who seem to think they deserve it more than I do. And I feel I do deserve to be in this match, even after only a short time here in IWF. Why do I say that? Because I’m THAT DAMN GOOD at what I do every damn week sheeple!

Frank takes a couple steps closer to the camera’s as he cracks an evil, confident smirk. He slowly removes the shades from over his eyes and looks right at the cameras. The look in his eyes is one of pure intensity and purpose as he speaks again.

Frank : It is quite common knowledge in the backstage area that certain people seem to think that The Empire of Blood is all about evil. It truly isn’t that at all. But then again if you chose not to learn about something you don’t know about, you draw your own misinformed conclusions. Right Tim? You have been heard to say that you “know” Thor and people like him and myself. You know NOTHING Tim Patrick and you will find that out tonight when you step into that ring against Thor. But I digress , sorry for that. But I had to get that out before I went inside found Tim and made him “unavailable” for his match with Thor. THAT is how irate some of Tim Patrick’s comments have made me. Then again, I don’t go after a person without provocation and Tim has provoked Thor not me. And I know Thor well enough to know he will handle things with Tim tonight. But back to the Path to Valhalla match now.

Frank chuckles as he shakes his head and shifts his weight on his feet, standing at a slight angle to the cameras as he returns to speaking.

Frank: As I look at the entire list of names in this match, it is a “Who’s who of the IWF” Being a recent “new comer” here, I can see why not many people give me much of a chance to come out with a victory tonight. To be honest, I am not looking to “shock the world” here tonight. I’m looking to simply showcase my talents inside that ring tonight. To do whatever I have to do to “open people’s eyes” and make them say. “ Holy hell! Finelli isone talented “son of a bitch” in that ring. That is what my real goal is tonight. If it happens to garner me a victory so be it. If not, I will have given it everything I have inside me. Body, mind and soul.

Frank pauses again and grabs his travel bag and slings it over his shoulder . One of the camera peope chirps up to ask a question, and Frank stares at him and then answers.

Reporter: Frank, David Green from Pro Wrestling Insider here. Why do you feel so confident when you are facing so many IWF’s long time veterans tonight?

Frank nods his head, almost expecting that very question. He rubs his chin and looks right at the reporter.

Frank: Why you ask? It is simple really. I’m The Executioner, Frank Finelli and they, they ARE NOT! And that ring is My Execution Chamber not theirs! Now if you all will excuse me, I have to get inside and finalize my preparations for The Path to Valhalla match tonight.

Frank slips his shads back over his eyes and walks to the doors and enters the arena.

Back to top Go down

The Vikings had Valhalla, the Klingons had Stovokor. One real, the other not or is it?
Page 1 of 1