Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin Empty
PostSubject: Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin   Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

The former HI Champ vs. the upstart Ashe Corvin!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin   Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Souls and Swords Chapter 9: Blood brothers.

The night wears on, the sky grows dark and the clouds grow ever thicker and darker still. An ominous sign if any, never the less the scene does little to stop the flow of adrenaline that is surging through Yuko's heart. The pace quick, the horses even quicker while the foot soldiers doing everything in their power to keep up. However to compare the speed of standard militia to that of calvary is laughable. Although they don’t fall too far behind so as to completely lose sight of the horsemen. Yuko stops his steed and the others follow suit, they stay put for a moment to allow the troops to catch up. They do and take a moment to get a second wind; meanwhile Yuko through the narrow slit of his helmet scans the area. They are nearly halfway to Ingram, just an hour or so away. He could see hills near the far left and a large cliff on the far right that leads to the Hylia River, through the center is the trail that continues on to Ingram, while not many ever travel on this path it is well known among adventurers and merchants. Yuko continues to look around, searching for any signs, any indication that his brother was here. The man from the Province told him that Nightmare took this road towards Ingram, after riding for quite some time he couldn’t help but wonder if the man's information was really trustworthy.

Jones: He's been here alright........look.

Yuko turns to where Jones was pointing, on the ground Yuko could see large cuts on the dirt and small patches of blood surrounding them. The cracks on the ground look like they were made from a large sword almost and judging from the blood near them it would seem whoever did this didn't intend to leave behind any survivors. Yuko could feel his breathing getting harder as he looks on the carnage before him. While he couldn’t see any bodies or severed limbs the fact that there is blood on the road is a clear sign that Nightmare was indeed here........and that he isn't far away.

Jones moves in and dismounts his horse, the remaining troops have caught up and are taking a break to catch their breath. Jones kneels next to the fresh cut on the ground and runs his hand over the puddle of blood next to it. He takes a sniff at it and jerks his head straight up.

Jones: The blood is still fresh, he is very close!

He turns to the rest of the army.

Jones: Spread out! We must find him!

Yuko: Jones.........we already did.............

Yuko looks on ahead, his eyes centered straight ahead of him, he looks on and could feel his heart stop. Jones turns to where his gaze is and sure enough, far on top of the tallest hillside just a few hundred yards near the cliffs stood a tall man in dark blue armor. Clutched in his large claw like hand is a fearsome sword that looks unlike any blade Yuko has ever seen before. The figure stands in the center of the hill like a statue; somehow Yuko had the feeling that its gaze is fixed on him. He took a moment to look at his features; this was no doubt the same exact figure he saw at the end of the cave. The armor, the blade, while he didn't get a very good look at him he couldn’t forget those traits........the same traits that the others described to him when they spoke of the man called Nightmare.

Is this really him though?

Jones: IT'S HIM!! TO ARMS MEN!!!

Jones shouts as he jumps on his steed and rears his horse, Yuko however remained still even as the wave of men and women in armor rush past him. He finally snaps out of his trance and slaps on the reins of his horse as he follows the army towards the hill.

The armor figure looks down as a wave of troops on horseback close in on him. He grabs his sword and marches down the hill, the first three horseman move in and with one massive swing from his blade, he unleashes a wave of hellish energy that cuts through the armor of the men and knocks them off their horses. He follows up with another swing that cleaves through a whole group of troops moving in to cut him off. The impact knocks several people into the air, some died instantly while others crawl around as they struggle to get back up. Jones stops his horse as he looks on, another wave of men move in to take the fight to this........knight who again uses the unnatural power of his sword to slice through them. A shower of blood erupts as body parts scatter all over the field, turning the greenness of the ground into a dark shade of red.

Yuko: So this is Nightmare.........

Yuko catches up to Jones and the other calvery, the remaining men retreat back and form ranks behind the horses. Yuko looks on as he sees all the bodies surrounding the lone swordsman, there were dead and injured among them.

Jones turns to Yuko.

Jones: this is just like before.......I sent an entire army to bring this beast down! Yet he swatted them away like flies on a corpse.

Yuko looks back at the man in dark armor, the tight feeling he had before is now gone. Upon seeing the destruction this man caused has replaced his fear and uncertainty with that of sheer determination and anger.

Yuko: Call off your men.

Jones: What!?

Yuko: We send any more people down there it will be a slaughter! No.......I'll go instead.

Marley: No Yuko, you can't!

Yuko: I must! This is why you sent me here remember? Besides.......I must know the truth......call them off and I'll go in their stead.

Yuko gets off his horse and walks forward but feels a hand grab him. He turns to see Jones looking right at him, the fire in in his eyes easily seen through the thin line of his visor.

Jones: Surely you don't think you're going to fight this creature alone.......I will join you.

Marley then dismounts her horse and runs up to the two men.

Marley: I'll fight too.

Jones turns to his sister.

Jones: Marley.....you stay here and keep the troops at bay.

Marley: I want to fight with you!

Jones: No it's too dangerous!

He grabs her shoulders with both hands and looks directly at her.

Jones: Listen to me Marley.......I vowed to do our kingdom proud, if I fail here I need someone to carry out my will. Father needs a successor, if anything happens to me I want you to carry on the family name. Do you understand?

Marley: But I......

Jones: Do you understand me?

She hesitates for a moment before looking back at Jones with a weak smile.

Marley: I understand.

Jones: Good girl.......now stay here with the others, Yuko and I will face Nightmare alone.

Marley: Alright.

He nods to her and lets go of her shoulders, she turns to the rest of the army who await her command.

Marley: Everyone pull back.

They do so and Jones walks up to Yuko as they exchange looks.

Jones: You sure you’re ready for this?

Yuko: No need to ask me twice.

They turn back to Marley who nods at them; they nod back and turn towards their foe who stands just a few yards away from the bodies that surround him. Yuko and Jones walk side by side as they come closer and closer to meet the Azure knight. They break off and separate a few feet from each other as they face Nightmare who readies his blade. Jones glances at Yuko.

Jones: You already seen what he's capable of, don't take him lightly.

Yuko: Heh.....noted.

They charge in swords and shields ready as they move in. Yuko fakes a thrust and jumps back to dodge a crushing blow from Nightmare's sword as it hits the ground in front of him. Jones moves in from behind with a jumping slash that Nightmare swats away and sends him flying back. Yuko moves in close, sword tucked in as he ducks under the massive blade and thrust towards him. Nightmare deflects the blow with his massive claw like gauntlet and Yuko barely brings his sword up in time to intercept another blow from his sword. The impact brings Yuko almost down to one knee as he struggles to stand back up while pushing Nightmare forward. He looks right at the man's helmet, wondering if he could see any sign of his brother through the dark etches of his visor. They continue to look eyes for a moment or two while engaged in the struggle when Yuko could hear a deep growling voice coming from him.

Nightmare: Y........Yuko............

Just hearing his name being called out to him, Yuko gasps and widens his eyes as he tries to get a closer look. Yuko was unsure before the identity of this warrior but now he's almost certain........only one way to know for sure.

Yuko: Savage? Brother is that you?

As soon as he asked that the man lets out a roar of rage and pushes forward with his blade, the resulting impact causes Yuko to lose his footing. Jones runs up in time to hit Nightmare with a blow to the back, the attack draws a grunt of pain from the knight who then backhands Jones with his large glove. The attack launches Jones across the ground and he hits the dirt hard, his body sliding through the surface.

Marley: Jones!

Despite Jones warning her not to intervene Marley without thinking runs straight down the hill to where Jones is. Jones shakes the daze from the blow to his head as Marley runs in to comfort him. They both turn in time to see Nightmare standing over them, his blade held over his head in a two handed chop motion. He brings the blade down only for Yuko to move in at the last possible minute to block the attack with his shield. He manages to push Nightmare back and follows up with a slash motion that Nightmare blocks, Yuko doesn’t stop as he pressures Nightmare with another blow that he also deflects. Regardless the blow forces Nightmare back allowing Marley and Jones a moment to recover. Jones brushes his sister aside and takes his blade as he gets up and runs into the fray leaving her behind while she looks on. He joins Yuko and they both push Nightmare back even further. Yuko and Jones work together, staying not too far and not too close to each other as they rain blow after blow on Nightmare who is doing everything he can to keep the two at bay. They manage to push him back up the hill to where the cliff is nearby. Jones takes note of the cliff and directs Nightmare towards that direction with his strike. Yuko notices his intend and follows through, Nightmare is backed up even further as he keeps attacking but his blows either miss or get blocked. They soon come close to the cliff and Nightmare decides he's held back long enough, he charges the power into his blade; Yuko sees his sword glowing with an orange like aura around it and immediately braces himself while Jones lunges in aiming for Nightmare's helmet. As it turned out Yuko's idea proved much wiser as Nightmare unleashes the hellish energy from his sword and swings wildly. Yuko is pushed back as his shield takes the brunt end of the attack while Jones barely had enough time reposition himself while the attack hits him straight on. He gets knocked back once again but not before throwing his shield right at the creature which hits him square on the head. Jones tumbles on the ground and stops as he lies on his stomach, he pushes himself up but finds he doesn’t have the strength to do so. A nice long cut forms on the lower side of his torso and blood seeps out of it. He clutches his side with his gloved hand to stop the bleeding as he looks on, having survived the attack, all he could do now is hope for Yuko to not let him down.

Seems Jones's efforts weren’t all in vain as the shield hits with enough force to knock Nightmare's helmet clean on its hinges. Yuko moves away from the comfort of his shield........only to be meet with a shock that stuns him.

Yuko: I.........I don't...........believe it.................

Standing before him without his helmet is the familiar face of Savage though his appearance has changed somewhat. Having no hair and a more rugged look, however his face almost looks exactly how Yuko remembered it. Yuko removes his helmet and throws it down. He couldn’t believe his eyes, after all this time, after everything he went through, he finally found who he was looking for.

He found his brother Savage.

Yuko: Sa.......Savage!? No.......it's can't be you.......it just..........can't be and yet.........it is.........it is you.

The man shakes off the recoil he received from the impact of the shield. He looks back at Yuko who is completely speechless; Yuko tries to summon the strength to speak to him, part of him happy........the other part confused.

Yuko: After all this time........after all those rumors, I finally found you Savage.

The man however lets out a roar of rage and leaps right at Yuko. He barely has enough time to hold his stance and bring up his shield and sword to block his attack. Yuko now with a sense of urgency tries to reach out to him as he attempts to not to lose his footing.

Yuko: Savage it's me! It's your brother Yuko Isamu! Don't you recognize me Savage?

Nightmare: STOP CALLING ME THAT!

He pushes Yuko back and he falls on his butt, he struggles to get back to his feet while his foe glares at him, snorting like an angry bull.

Nightmare: Savage has long since died.......its Nightmare now and I will destroy anyone that gets in my way! You should never have come here........brother......

Just as he said that he lunges once more, Yuko leans back to dodge the attack and ducks under as he and Nightmare fight closer and closer to the cliff. Nightmare's attacks become stronger and stronger and Yuko can only endure the onslaught. He is pushed a few steps back and hears the sound of rolling rocks falling, he glances down and at the corner of his eye he can see the river below him, just about 40 feet from where he's standing. Yuko looks up in time to duck under and decapitating blow from Nightmare, he rolls around him and pops to his feet. He tries to take advantage with a jumping attack but Nightmare reacts quicker than he thought and deflects the blow, sending Yuko's sword out of his hands. The blade flies up in the air and lands a few feet away from him, Nightmare follows up with a big boot that catches Yuko right on the chest. His armor takes the impact but the forces knocks him back down, Yuko recovers only to have the tip of Nightmare's sword just a few inches from his face. He looks up at his brother......his own flesh and blood.......as he looks back down at him.

Nightmare: Farewell.........brother.

He pulls back and prepares to deliver the final blow, Yuko closes his eyes but opens them in when notices something move right past him. He then sees blood dropping just in front of him, he looks up to see Jones standing before Nightmare. The tip of Nightmare's sword poking out behind his armor as it went through his upper shoulder, seems though he just take the blow. Yuko can see that Jones has his sword up against Nightmare's ribcage, the blade already pierce through the metal and flesh and the tip covered in his foe's blood. Both men let out crys of pain as they both take each other's death blow. Jones turns his head to Yuko is looks on in shock, a smile on his face as blood oozes from the mouth.

Jones: Watch after her.

He turns back to Nightmare who is also showing signs of pain; he looks over to where the edge of the cliff is in front of them and smiles once more.

Jones: Come you foul beast, let’s dine in hell together!

With that he moves forward with every ounce of strength he has left, ignoring the pain on his shoulder and the loss of blood. He pushes himself and Nightmare to the very edge where the river is below them. With one last push Jones throws himself and Nightmare down the cliff, they plunge straight down as Yuko instantly gets to his feet and runs towards where they were a moment ago.

Yuko: Jones!

He looks down as he sees two bodies descend, the faint sound of a splash is all that's heard.

Marley: JONES!!! OH MY GOD JONES, SIR JONES!!!!

Marley runs towards the cliff having discarded her weapons and helmet. Yuko turns to her in time to notice running straight towards the edge where Jones and Nightmare were. Realizing her intentions he pushes himself off the ground and runs in to intercept her. He grabs her hard around the waist, she tries to tear herself out of his grip but he holds on to her.

Marley: LET ME GO! BROTHER!!

Yuko: He's gone Marley, there's nothing you can do for him now!

Marley: JONES!! Jones.........

Her struggle to break free becomes weaker and she soon slumps against Yuko, he holds her head on his chest and wraps his arms around her. They both fall to their knees as Yuko looks on with distant eyes as he stares out into the night sky. The sound of Marley's crying brings him no sense of peace as the thought runs through his mind, almost as if taunting him.

"They were right all along."

Up until now he ignored it, convincing himself that the rumors were false about his brother, that it was someone else who committed these acts of death and destruction.

Yet there he was, clear as crystal, face and all.....it was no illusion, the azure knight, the destroyer of lives, the nightmare.....was his brother this whole entire time.

The relevation now hits him hard as he sat there with a vacant expression. There was no telling what is coursing through his mind right now: Devastation, lost, hopeless, one after another the emotions just stack on top of his frail sense of being. Yuko who had been searching for days for clues of the sword of salvation as well as his brother's whereabouts, he became more concern about finding Savage than anything else. As such he invested all resource into finding him, for this he traveled to distant towns, befriended many people, and even went as far as consulting the war monger Corey Casey for information. After being chased by bandits, climbing and braving though a blizzard of snow while on top of a tall mountain, going through a bael infested cave and emerging on the other side all the while being an unlikely member of a kingdom who sought to rid the world of a man called nightmare........only to find out that said man who called himself that name is the man he has been seeking since day one.

"By the gods, Savage what happened to you?"

Those thoughts echoed within the corners of his mind, he traveled with Jones and Marley to find the truth and the truth he found.

So comes the question: What will he do now having found out what became of his brother?

Yuko really wished he had an answer right now, he truly did, on one end he finally found Savage but what will he tell the rest of the villagers back home? Does he even want to go home now after what he just witnessed?

He wonders for the longest time before he felt something move, he glanced down, having almost forgotten about Marley. Her face red from the tears she was shedding, she wipes away the rest of them and having a long moment or so, her eyes meet with Yuko's.

Marley: Yuko I......

He wanted to say something to her, anything to make her feel better, but what can he say exactly? They both lost a family member right before their very eyes, what can be said about that? Yuko could only look away, not wanting to face her as he summoned the words he wanted to say.

Yuko: No need to say it, I understand. I tried to convince myself ever since I first heard about Nightmare and his connection to my brother Savage. I thought they were two different people, seems I was wrong......I just didn't know how wrong.

He glances up at the dark sky, clouds already are breaking up and he could see the concealed stars as they shine through.

Yuko: I was being childish, foolish; I'd hoped to find my brother so that the both of us could find the sword of salvation together. Not only was I being selfish.........but stupid to think that such a dream would ever be possible.

Marley: Yuko.......

Yuko: Then I had to drag you guys along with me; I accepted the task your father placed on me, believing that this Nightmare would take me straight to my brother. I actually thought that he held him captive or something, ANYTHING to remove the thought that Nightmare was in any way, shape or form, my own flesh and blood. But it seems I was blind to reason and because of it......I cost the lives of so many........including Jones.

He closed his eyes and hung his head in shame, indeed Yuko been foolish and that foolishness almost killed him. Now he'd wish it did, death would have seemed to be a fitting price for him to pay. However the more Yuko thought of it, it would have been too easy would it? A coward's way out, to allow himself to die in order to escape his shame? He would indeed be considered to be nothing more than a mere coward.

But even with the dark shadows filling his head and eating away at his heart, a light shined through in the form of Marley's voice.

Marley: Don’t blame yourself Yuko........when I first saw you I knew you were nothing like your brother. In fact I didn’t even know till you mentioned his name. However that didn't change my opinion of you, Jones was the same way, while we didn't understand the full history between you and Savage we knew enough to know that we could trust you. You didn't have to accept my father's task and yet you did, because you felt the need to write the wrongs set by your brother and his path to darkness.

Her words sink into the very depths of his soul, could she be right? Did Yuko accept the task just so he redeem his family name? No it wasn’t it, Yuko knew the truth, Marley was simply trying to ease his guilt but he could see it through her eyes.......she is lost just like him. However this gave him the resolve to release Marley from his embrace, he stands up dusts himself off. Something about what she said caused a shift in his mind, removing the clouds of despair that threaten to remove all of his resolve. In its place a new path is open to him.

Yuko: Jones and Savage are gone.....but they won’t be forgotten. Jones shall be remembered for his actions.....and I in turn will seek to undo the damage my brother has caused to you and your people.

Marley: Yuko?

He turns to her and for the first time since he ended up in her kingdom he smiles.

Yuko: You're right Marley, I shouldn’t blame myself, the actions of the brother do not transfer to the sibling. With that said though I do feel a need to at least repay for what you have done for me.

Yuko walks up to Marley and offers his hand to her.

Yuko: You've helped me and now it is time for me to return the favor. From this day forth I vow to help your kingdom in any way to regain its former glory. For Jones’s sake as well as mine.

Marley smiled and accepted his hand and he pulls her to her feet.

Marley: Thank you.....

Yuko: No.....thank you. Because of you I found the resolve to keep going.

Indeed she did, Yuko knew there was something about this girl. Thanks to her he was able to push back his grief, now that he found himself a new path, a path he will follow it no matter where it goes.

Marley: We must tend to the wounded and return back home.

Yuko: I will tell the king about Jones.

Marley: No we'll both tell him.

Yuko: Alright......and tonight we will honor him and those who died on this campaign.

And so they retrieved their weapons and such and regrouped with the remains of their army. Marley and Yuko lead them to the battlefield where some of the troops were still crawling around. Some of them were hosted on horseback while others where carried off on the shoulders of others. Once all the ones who are still alive are gathered up they made the journey back this time taking a more safe route to the west rather then cut back through the trail to the north. Yuko and Marley ride silently on their horses, saying nothing at all, Yuko knew this was quite a day for both of them and the funeral will likely last through the rest of the following morning and afternoon. Regardless Yuko is determined to set things right by King Robbieson and his kin, then and only then will he return home with his family to tell them the news. They will be devastated to know but it is something that needs to be done, Savage who had been held in such high regard needs to be brought to light of his recent actions. Still though........Yuko couldn’t help but wonder what could have caused such a change in his brother.

Meanwhile on the outskirts of mount Lannister are Parker and his army, he pauses and gives the signal to stop while the rest of the army catches up. Out ahead of him in the distance is Mercadia, just a couple miles away from his current position. The man he is looking for must be somewhere inside the city, likely around the kingdom. While he's away of the relationship between Corey and the city's king he isn't above using force if it means finding the boy and bringing him before Corey. However it's late and Parker could feel the temptation of sleep rising within him; he turns to his army and can see the tiredness in their eyes as well. After marching for hours on end Parker decides it's time for a breather.

Parker: We'll set up camp here for today, by morning we'll reach Mercadia.

And so they took the materials needed from their horses and caravans and set up the camp. Parker would be one of the last to have his sleeping bag ready. He would take one last look at the distance city; smiling all the while, if Yuko is here then finding him will be easy. Once he returns the boy back to Corey then he would have gained the warrior's trust and respect.

But he must get the boy first, tonight he'll sleep and tomorrow he will take the next step into his plan.

And so retires to his tent and wraps himself in the covers, dozing off while the rest of the army sores away.

Yuko.......the Empire shall have him......even if it means going to war.

=Present Day=
::The Promo::

Steel is seen resting on a bench, his head shaking and a sly smirk on his face.

Steel Angel
Well I meant what I said and I didn't go back on my word did I? I made Gordon fight for his life in that match, he had to innovative, he had to cut corners, but in the end though he did the unthinkable. He defeated me and won the title, and with that made me proud. But know that this fight is far from over, I'm sure you've heard the talks lately yes? That you got lucky, that your points shoulden't have count only because you didn't do the exact move. One common argument the critics kept bringing up was that the point for the Divine Cutter shoulden't have counted because you simply caught me in mid air while doing a half twist or some nonesense. Really though I'm going to listen to them, I won't take anything away from you, you won fair and square but that dosen't mind I'm even remotely done with you, not by a long shot pal.

He looks up at the camera.

Steel Angel
See while I've heard people say that I should go straight after the World title now, there is a reason why I'm not doing so yet. Because I need to convince myself, I need to tell myself that I'm truely ready for another shot. The only way I'll get that comfirmation is if I face you for that strap once again and I win it. This will prove without a shadow of a doubt that I am in fact ready for the big time. Gordon has already proven to me that he can handle being a champ, now he's gotta learn how to fight like a defending champ should fight. I said it before I'm not done with you kiddo, don't get a big head just because you beat me once. Keep in mind I scored both points really early and had you scrambling, this time though the kid gloves are off. I will face you again with the belt on the line and we will see if you truly have what it takes to hold your own.

Steel then looks up for a moment and thinks about what to say next.

Steel Angel
But that's another time, for now I got other things to worry about, like Ashe Corvin. The king of Darkness eh? Sounds like a title my half brother would conjure up, heck he called himself the Syco God of Death. If you're going to preach to me about the darkness or some shit I'm just going to fall asleep, because that kinda stuff just dosen't faze me one bit. I mean I've heard it all and I've seen it all. Your style is broke, your outfit looks like a cheap Stygian or Crimson Skull knockoff and plus.....you claim to never lose yet you've lost the first two matches you've been in and just barely survived against Eric Steel last week. Well if you have that much trouble against a green horn like Eric then you'll really have your hands full when you step in here with me. I tell everyone this, I don't mess around, if you're going to waiste my time with pointless trashtalk and have nothing to stand on? You'll get steamrolled, sure Axle might have gotten the better of me but that was only because I knew nothing about him, they don't transer videos from UECW over here to I can't do any research. But even then I still went out there and fought without any regard whatsoever. I don't back down, I don't take any shit from anyone. This includes you, wanna test my pateince? I'll bring out a stopwatch and we'll see how long you can stand on your own two feet before I floor your cueball looking carcass into the mat for the magic three. Till then.....peices.

He gets up and walks away, the camera fades to black
Back to top Go down

Steel Angel [vs.] Ashe Corvin
Page 1 of 1