Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Start of the Legend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apex Killer Death-Angel

Apex Killer Death-Angel

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: "The crime is life, the sentence is death!"
Alignment: In Between

The Start of the Legend Empty
PostSubject: The Start of the Legend   The Start of the Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Early Morning...

"Oh no!
Oh no!
Oh no!
Yo, yo, yo...

Oh no you didn't!"

Eyes half opening.

The blurry form that was his hand closed in, rubbing his hardly seeing ocular orbs in an effort to allow them to widen somehow against the strain of gunk and heavy lids. Still not even half awake. The shapes of the room hardly registered in the dark, creating only splodges that his mind tried to reform and make sense of, creating the familiar shape of a person...

"Dangerous" Andrew Savage suddenly sat upright, his mind playing tricks on him.

Was that really a person?

He couldn't tell and was too tired to even care, besides it was way too dark to even make anything out with any degree of success for the night beforehand he had decided to thumbtack the blinds shut. Slowly, Andrew began to lie back down but became vaguely aware that he was in a bed, and something had stirred him from his slumber. He was also aware that it was still early morning, judging by the sound of birds chirping outside the window.

Oddly enough though there was an odd taste in his mouth, something like dirt and...

"Ugghhhh...."

Slowly the mind of Savage sharpened, coming into focus as he finally realised what was going on a proper.

His phone...

"Whoa?"

Mouth slurred as he spoke, but the sudden realisation caused his heart to start pounding, the sound echoing in Andrew's ears. He could feel the blood coursing through his veins, through his body. He was awake, and more importantly he was alive, despite the attempt on his life only hours beforehand...

Bill Money had upped his game...

"Oh no you didn't!
Pay back is a coming
You will be running forever..."

The novelty ringtone continued, shaking Andrew back to the reality of the situation; his hand jerked upwards as if of its own accord, snatching the iPhone from under the thin hotel pillow. All at once it was at Andrew's ear, and he had to consciously pull it away again just to register who the caller was.

Cruz...

The Dangerous One stared at it dumbly as it continued to vibrate in his palm, contemplating whether or not to answer. It was early. He was tired. This would mean work or worse...

"Fuck..."

Even Andrew wasn't insolent enough to completely ignore the boss, most likely due to his highly moral nature, even if they no longer saw eye to eye. Slowly, falteringly, he slid the answer button across the screen and held the phone to his ear...

"Andrew..."

Cruz's voice seemed strained, unnatural; he was under pressure.

hello...?" came Savage's tired response....

All at once the OSW GM was away with words and spite and rules and...

"Seriously, Andrew, this thing with Bill Money has got to stop!" he shouted, forcing Andrew to pull his ear from the phone. "I need you to remain focused on being the Champion and promoting OSW, and most importantly not getting that James Woods dick on my ass!!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Andrew interrupted. "Dick and Ass? I've only just woke up here, Cruz; give me a second to figure this out before I think you have a problem..."

"Damnit, Andrew, that's not what I meant!!" Cruz continued, angrily "I watched the show last night and now this morning I hear that James freakin' Woods is gonna be paying Wreckage a visit tonight because you and Rex can't keep whatever this thing is you two have behind closed doors!!"

"Wait..." Andrew interrupted again as he began to remember...

The night before was running through Andrew's mind; Bill Money had almost killed him. Crashing into that lake could have either broken his neck and taken away his life of wrestling or killed him completely. It took everything Andrew had not to jump into that lake after him, but if he did he knew he'd never be able to control himself, or rather, control it...

"He's the one who keeps jumping me." Andrew continued, anger growing at the memory. "I'm trying to keep it professional here!!"

"Professional? You?! HA!!!"

"Cruz, I'm too tired for this." Savage began. "Don't insult my work... uh... ethic here, ok? You know I earned this title and I am the rightful champion. Bill Money is some guy who just wants a piece of the gold and he's willing to do anything to get it..."

"And that's why I hired him," Andrew could hear the sudden change in tempo and emotion in his boss's voice, "it makes for good television, but I respect all that you've accomplished in the ring, Andrew. Never think I don't. You're a good, hard worker..."

Savage snorted noisily; amused to hear Cruz of all people complement him after all they'd been through.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cruz asked, annoyed by the sound.

"I thought we, y'know, hated each other..." Savage finally added. "It's odd to here you compliment me after what happened with Violet and all..."

"Hahaha, hate you?" Cruz chuckled. "I don't hate you, I just... I was going through a bad patch and I got jealous. I still am, y'know. Jealous. I love that woman, and you have her right in the palm of your hand!"

Her...

Violet...

The Dangerous One couldn't believe the candid response from his boss in regards to the beautiful Miss Pivotine, the love seemingly of both their lives. He'd never expected the great Cruz to act so humble...

"Andrew, you still there?" Cruz asked, snapping the champion back to reality.

"Yeah," Savage replied, "just surprised is all..."

"You'll find I'm full of surprises, champ," Cruz continued. "like tonight I may have a special one for you and Bill Money if this thing isn't sorted out!"

Savage gritted his teeth, the remark catching him out and reminding him of Cruz's true nature as a business man. Nothing more. Nothing less...

"I just need this thing sorted out before Woods..." Cruz paused for a second, thinking of how to word his comment on the other end of the phone "It needs to end before Woods screws with my show any more!"

This line struck Savage as odd.

It was as if the almighty Cruz was under the thumb of a man not even half his size, in person though not in wallet in any case.

It was then that Andrew's mind turned back to the conversation he had with Violet only a week previously; a conversation when she expressed concern in regards to Legacy General Manager, James Woods...

"Cruz," Andrew began. "What does that guy have over you, dude?"

"Which guy?" Cruz tried to play dumb.

"Uh, Woods." Andrew chimed in, deadpanning the faux stupidity from his boss. "Violet's been worried about you, and regardless of our past... I guess I'm duty bound to keep an eye on things..."

"..."

Nothing.

There was no reply.

"Cruz?" Andrew asked, half expecting the phone had been cut off. To his surprise the voice that came back in response was not the current Cruz he knew but one of venom and spite. It was the voice of the jealous Cruz he knew from before. The guarded, defensive and overly protective beast Andrew had encountered before his break....

"Maybe you should take care of your friend's lives before you poke your nose in mine!!"

Savage was overcome with worry at his words.

"What do you mean by that?" he questioned?

"Didn't you know?"

Cruz's voice teased, fury replaced by a taunting tone.

"Patrick is missing..."

TO BE CONTINUED...
Back to top Go down

The Start of the Legend
Page 1 of 1