Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 am

Jackky Dane's career accomplishment is fucking. What are YOUR accomplishments?
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

PARKER'S PROMISING PLAN

Edwin: Shortest title reign ever.

Parker: Actually, that is not that factual. I once lost the Full Throttle title in just a matter of days. That was more of a charity than anything though.

Parker pulls a bottle of water from the hotel mini-fridge and holds it out to Edwin. The writer shakes his head no, and Parker pushes the refrigerator door closed with his foot. Parker walks over to the desk table near the window of the suite and places his drink on the table before falling back into the chair.

Parker: At least I got to defend this one, right?

Edwin looks down at his hands, not sure what he could say. There is only so far Parker will open up before slamming the door closed and blowing up in someone's face. It was best if he just shut his mouth and let the man talk.

Parker: Yea.... at least I got to defend it.....

Parker's voice trails off, as he turns to look out the window. Edwin looks up from his lap, finally willing to take the risk of opening his mouth.

Edwin: You did better than anyone thought. First, there was no way you were winning a title on a card where you weren't booked. At Ascension, you did. Then there was no way you were going to retain the titles in Tokyo, and you did. Still a win.

Parker turns back from the window and spins the cap off of the bottle before raising it to his mouth and draining half of it.

Edwin: You two hate each other. It wasn't supposed to work out.

At that, Parker chuckles, and places the bottle back down on the table.

Parker: Nah, there was something there. Man, I felt like we could hang on to those titles for forever. It was almost like we couldn't be stopped. Steel lost the damn things, and we still walked away with them. That had to mean something.

Edwin: Do you really think that? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Parker throws the the cap of the bottle at Edwin, following the insult. It is enough to get him to close his mouth for the time being. Parker was far from irritated, but there was no need to press his buttons.

Parker: I guess it is hard to explain. Just felt like the title that I actually got to defend would be the one that I left my mark on. I redesigned the High Impact, only to watch it slip away. I thought that the one I defended would be the one that would actually be associated with me when people talked about it.

Edwin: ... and you had planned to do that in your first reign? After holding it for what, two weeks? That sets a high bar.

Parker: Maybe it is, for someone like you.

Edwin: I haven't ever lost a title, you have lost four of them. My track record is a lot better than yours.

Parker: Have you even gotten in the ring before?

Edwin: Never in my life.

Edwin sits back in his chair with a smile on his face. Parker even goes as far as to allow himself a smirk. Parker picks up the water bottle and takes a small drink of it before taking his stab.

Parker: You might want to keep it that way if you want to stay undefeated.

Edwin: You aren't telling me anything that I don't know. Anyone on the roster would tear me apart.

Parker: Maybe you'd give Steel a run for his money.

Edwin laughs out loud at the notion before turning the conversation in a different way.

Edwin: If I had the opportunity, I would chance it in the ring with Blyss, Molly or Jaci.

Parker: That is one way to get a woman to touch you.

Edwin: That's cold blooded Parker. I can't believe you would say such harsh things.

Parker drains the rest of the bottle and then throws it across the room towards Edwin once it is empty. The writer brings both of his arms up and blocks off the flying object.

Parker: You know it is true. I ain't seen any ladies lining up to bang the dude that sleeps on my couch.

Edwin: That is because your mom has a key.

Parker: Nah.... You know better than that.

Edwin did, of course, know that Parker's mother had never been part of his life. It was the easiest way to bring a conversation to an end, and Edwin did it on reflex all the time. Parker wouldn't say anything, he never did. It was one of those things that Parker wouldn't allow himself to give time to. She had bolted out the door before he could even walk, and the jokes had torn as big of a hole in him as the could years ago. Now he just pushed it off. It became a trigger to get back to whatever he was saying. A way for Edwin to crack the armor enough to get a split second into the thoughts of the kid underneath.

Parker: We gotta win them fucking titles back Eddy.

Edwin: How the fuck are you going to go about doing a thing like that?

Parker: No idea.

Edwin: That sounds like a promising plan. Tell me more...

Parker gets up from his seat, and starts to move across the room to where Edwin sits. Edwin's eyes get wide, and he instinctively starts to tense up in his seat. His fingers find the end of either arm rest, and cling to them for dear life. The muscles in his legs pull so tight that his toes lift up from the floor. The writer had embedded himself into the chair before he could manage any more words.

Edwin: Dude I was just fucking with you about that whole "your mom" thing... you know that...

Parker comes within arms reach, and then takes a step passed Edwin with a visible smile on his face. Edwin sarcastically rubs the sweat from his brow once Parker's back is turned to him.

Parker: After all this time you are still afraid of me. It almost hurts my feelings Ed.

Edwin: You try living with a crazy person, it is emotionally taxing.

Parker: Nobody is paying you to sleep on my couch.

Edwin: Nobody is paying me not to either.

Parker grabs his coat from the hook on the wall near the door, and opens the door behind Edwin. As he puts his arms through the sleeves of the coat, he looks back over his shoulder where Edwin is pulling himself free of the chair.

Parker: I am thinking that this room could use a little more greenery. You coming?

Edwin: I thought you would never ask.

Edwin gets up from the chair, and lifts his own coat off the hook. He flips the lights off and follows Parker down the hallway.

COULD THERE HAVE BEEN MORE?
What is there for Parker to say?

Do any of you really want to hear Parker go on for the next twenty minutes about some excuse?

We lost. Steel Angel and Parker's amazing track record aside, we couldn't get the job done. We have won ever single title that there is to win in this company, and yet here we sit, without any to call our own. Parker will be the first one to admit that he had his head in the clouds, instead of in the game. Parker lost sight of what was important. Parker had won ever single title that there was to win, being the fastest person to ever do so. Steel Angel did the same thing at Ascension. He might try and tell you that it was just not his night to win, but Steel has to do something to keep you cheering for him. The easiest way for Parker to explain it to you is like this, Parker and Steel Angel handed the titles away. When you go into a match thinking that you are some kind of king, in a league above the rest, you are destined to get brought back down to earth by someone. Two kids that walked in without a title, or even winning momentum to their credit brought down two men that will eventually go into this company's Hall of Fame. Parker normally doesn't give two shits about the kind of show that he puts on night in, and night out, but he will apologize for what happened last week.

You people were done a severe disservice by what Steel Angel and I failed to do. You people had been given the best, most high profile, tag team champions that you could have possibly asked for. You people were handed a match that should have had these two living legends crushing some curtain jerkers in a squash match. Instead, you got a lackluster performance by two people who have been called "over payed and overrated" in the last seven days. Instead you got a tandem that doesn't deserve to hold this company's tag team titles. It nauseates me to think of how many of you have asked questions about whether Steel Angel and Parker may be starting to lose a step. It is sickening to listen to mumbles about how maybe Parker's career has peaked before he even made it to his anniversary show. Parker does not deserve to have you doubt him. If you were asked to win titles, and then put up back to back defenses all within 20 days, you would have had less of a chance.

This puts Parker at a fork in the road. There is the path that Parker has always traveled. The one that says, "Once I have had it, I have conquered it." That has been the way Parker has always done business before. Parker won that Full Throttle Championship, and cashed it in for a chance to move up. History repeated itself all the way up to the IWF Championship. Seems like a no-brainer almost. Parker has always moved on to bigger and better things when he has taken that road. The other, well, to say it was the "road less traveled" would be the world's greatest understatement. It is the road that Parker has stayed way the hell away from for his entire career. To go back and try and recapture dominance over a division, felt like allowing this shining career to stagnate. Parker had won those titles. Parker has been there, and done that. Every time a title has slipped away, it has come with a breath of fresh air. There was always knowing that there was something out there bigger and better than what Parker had already done. Every time Parker took a step back, there was always a way to jump ten steps forward right around the corner.

For the first time, Parker doesn't want to take that big leap forward though. That would mean that his time with this company was over. Full Throttle. High Impact. World. Triple Crown. Tag Team. Grand Slam. There is no accolade left to add to this resume Parker has put together in IWF. After each of those steps, there has been something bigger. A new title. A new company. A new Parker. This time could be no different. Parker could go off and chase the top names in a handful of other companies. This time, that wouldn't feel right though. Steel Angel and Parker still have a little work to do. If history gives us any kind of clue for the future, it would seem that most champions with a defense under their belts get a shot at redeeming their loss. For a set of champions that have claimed a title, and then turned away at least one group of challengers, there is always the chance for them to rise back to the top. This is that chance that Parker is going to take. That is the road that Parker is going to walk coming out of this loss.

Steel Angel, that means that Parker has a question for you. Do you feel like our reign at the top of the tag team division is over?

Or do you, perhaps, feel like there could have been more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde SA_zps35468d6c
Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde Vg_zps83b03c0b
=Woman's Touch=

Scene opens to a ring in the center of a gym, the ring itself is composed of red and blue meshed together on the ropes and on the turnbuckle pads. The mat itself is white with a red circle in the center. Standing in the middle of that circle is Kayls and Yuko. Kayls is clad in her wrestling gear made of a short sleeve gold amber body suit with green wrist bands and fingerless gloves. Yuko is topless with only his long black and white pants and sport shoes. The two match up in a test of strength with Kayls hitting a hard knee to the gut causing Yuko to retreat as Kayls throws heavy shots at his face which he tries to block. He blocks most of them but takes a few heavy hits, ducking low Yuko nails Kayls to the ground with a double leg takedown and attempts an armbar but Kayls reacts quickly and prevents him from fully locking it in. Yuko then flips over and hooks Kayls's head then drives her down with the ddt as he climbs to his feet. Kayls pulls back to her feet and both of them circle once more. From the side stands Darren De Jean, in his gray trainer sweater alongside with BM dressed in his wresling gear which contains a black and dark purple vest and shredded jeans with a spike belt that holds it up. Darren watches the two fighters in the ring throw move after move on each other, with Kayls keeper Yuko at bay while Yuko throws her off balance with his high flying arsenal and close range attacks. Kayls then has Yuko pinned to the ground but Yuko manages to throw her off with some difficulty. Darren then blows his whisle to signal for both of them to stop, good thing too as both athletes are drenched and tired from exchange they just had. The two had been fighting for the better part of the hour but it might as well be the entire day. Yuko coulden't understand how he allowed himself to be pinned yet again for the second time in a round against a diva no less. He understood that the woman he fought in the past were weak, people like Latoya and Rosa were inexpereinced, were as people like Bylss and Jaci are veterans and rightfully so. Yuko had told himself to never overlook these girls and indeed he had every reason not to: For the second time in a row Yuko found himself on the receiving end of a pin by a diva and this time Parker wasen't there to make the save. Yuko is still shocked by the sudden change in attitude that Parker showed when he showed a rare case of sportsmanship just after they lost their belts to the unlikely team of Jaci and Aries. Yuko knew that his mistrust of Parker would get the better of the team and indeed they found themselves on the receiving end of a loss. Darren motions for Steel to move out of the ring while Kayls leaves the opposite side and grabs a towel and a water bottle from her bag.

Darren De Jean
The lady still has it after not seeing action for almost three years.

Yuko Isamu
No kidding, I can see why she was a Heavyweight Champion.

Darren De Jean
One thing I've always told myself Yuko is that gender has nothing to do with performance in the ring. It's never about the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog. Blyss and Jaci are tough customers with Blyss chasing that Queen or whatever belt she's calling it now and of course Molly being the next Anna Stone with her win over the champion last week. Speaking of which you have a date with the rockstar this week, think you can find someone out of this slump you're in?

Yuko isn't really in a slump though granted he can't help but admit to feeling like the weak link in the chain of command. However it seems his "pep talk" with Parker last week might have helpped Yuko regain that spark he's been missing ever since making his return back to IWF. Darren had taken upon himself to get Yuko back into the swing of things and with things as they are right now things aren't going to become any easyier for the young grand slam champion.

However Yuko always loved a challange and the fight that he got from his past two matches, while it bummed him out that he was on the receiving end on both encounters it filled him with a sense of exictment, adrenaline, the kind of feeling that he had when he was the High Impact champion prior to facing off against Gordon Fury. This was what Yuko wanted, compeition, the desire to test his mettle against the best that IWF had to offer. This week will indeed be his greatest challange yet, to go one on one with the rock star Griffen Hawkins.

Yuko Isamu
For god's sake Darren it's only one loss I'm in no slump though it seems the ladies lately have my number which in anyone else's case would be considered a good thing but in my case it ain't. I know Griff himself is beside himself with that crushing defeat last week but I can't worry about his condition. I need to worry about what it takes for me to get back into my winning ways once more.

Darren De Jean
That is exactly what I need to hear Yuko! You deserve some rest so go hit the showers real quick and meet us back outside.

Yuko Isamu
Yeah Marley had already called me and said that she wont be joining us as we go to Ireland.

Darren De Jean
Yeah Kayls ain't coming either so it's just us boys this week.

BM simply nods as I grab my bag and make my way to the showers, Kayls is right beside me, I take a glance at her while we walk side by side to the public showers.

Yuko Isamu
Great work out there Kayls.

Kayls
Well I can't let you boys have all the fun now can I? You of all people should know that wresling needs a woman's touch huh?

I smiled at her comment, nothing like being dominated by a girl in a wresling ring. I wonder if this is how Parker felt every time he got his ass handed to him by every girl he fought in the IWF ring.

Oh and speaking of his partner......

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde 394599_orig1
=Have another round=

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde _42572929_crownbarinpix

Darren sets his glass down hard on the counter while BM is still chugging his like no tomarrow. Darren showing that he can handle the effects of hard liquior, his father being a heavy drinker and himself able to down the strongest gin in one set and still able to walk in a straight line without hitting the nearest wall. BM on the other hand who was often a heavy drinker during his early days of Dominion Wreslting before he was repackaged into his Hardcore Maniac gimmick had a hard time keeping his big rear on the small rim stool underneath him. Yuko is seen waiting outside, warming himself up while in his hoodie, while Darren was against drinking prior to arriving in Belfast his partner BM suggested it. The bartender seemed to enjoy the company but from Darren's expression he didn't like waisting time in a place like this. BM told him that they were just gonna go in and have a drink or two and then move on. That was over twenty minuites ago and BM is already on his sixth shot while Darren barely went halfway into his second. He looked down at his glass and then peered outside, knowing all too well that poor Yuko is freezing his tail out there, jogging and shadow fighting in place so as to keep himself warmed up while Darren and BM are too busy getting waisted. Darren finally lost his pateince and desire to drink and removes himself from the barstool. Meanwhile the bartender already has a new round poured into BM's glass for him.

Bartender
Her ye go fella, another round on the house.

The bartender moves away to tend to some other drinkers while Bm raises his glass. Darren reaches out and snatches the glass just as it was inches from his lips and slides it away from him. Darren stares hard at BM.

Darren De Jean
Let's go we've waisted enough time here.

BM
B-but I didn finish tha last drin-

Darren grabs him by the shoulders and forces him off the stool.

Darren De Jean
You've had more than enough for one day Braddon! We're leaving now!

With a hard push he moves BM who has trouble walking but the two manage to get outside just as two more customeers move in beside them. Yuko is seen outside still shadow fighting before he sees both men. BM nearly falls on the cold ground while Darren lets out an angry sigh before turning to Yuko

Darren De Jean
Sorry for the wait, BM here thought it was cute to get some irish booze in our system before we decide when it's conveinent to do your training.

BM
I-i *hicups*

BM looks pathetic, Darren is shaking his head and forcefully gets him back on his feet as they head towards the car, Yuko dosen't say a word as he follows them. BM is shoved to the passenger side while Yuko takes the backseat and Darren is behind the wheel.

Darren De Jean
Man I can't belived you talked me into doing that Braddon! The show starts in a few hours and now I gotta hall ass if I have any hope of getting him ready for his match with the champ! He losses to Griff because of your stupidity I'm going to personally take it out on your come next training session we clear on this?

BM is too drunk of course to say a word, not that Darren expected an answer from him anyway as he floors the gas petal on our way to the arena for tonight's show.

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde Steelo_zpsd456abfd

Once again I slip up after I allowed my mistrust to cloud my judgment and therefore cost us the tag belts.

Two weeks ago I nearly lost them.

Last week I did and you can't imagine how that makes me feel.

However I can't be the only person that feels down in the dumps woulden't you say Griffen? I mean you've had it worst than I have lately, having two hungry athletes breathing down your neck, losing almost every person you knew and loved for this one moment of immortality. I can relate to you Griff, I know what it's like to be in your shoes, during that ladder match at Spring Fling for the Battle Briefcase I had so muc to prove that night that I took down three other people to win that moment. The briefcase, the very case that you used as I have, from it we both became champions but at a heavy price. See prior to winning my belt, I was coming off the loss of my old girlfriend who died in a car accident that I was a part of. She died in my arms and that night I would never forget just how much I cried. A grown man like me who is about to have the most important match of his life in less than two weeks and I had to go through that match without the person I loved with all my heart.

I didn't think I would find love ever again after that incident.........but I was wrong.

Since that time all I could think about was just growing stronger, climbing the mountaintop just I had once before. I would not allow that incident to hinder me, rather I would let it become my motivation and indeed I would become greater as a result. Now here I stand, a former High Impact champion, the Second Triple Crown champion and now a Grand Slam champion. Point is Griff I don't allow the losses of my past to hold me down, rather I use them as a means of being the better man.

While me and Parker have lost the tag belts to the unlikely team of Aries and Jaci, I will admit to not trusting my partner, to thinking that he would just backstab me in the end. Turns out I might of greatly misjudged him and now I have to ask myself: Do I really deserve a second chance at the tag belts?

This might will help me to decide that.

So all I ask from you champ is give me your best and your worse because win or lose I have no regrets however I won't go down without a fight, you know that well enough Griff.

Let's throw down and may the best man win.
Back to top Go down
Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:56 pm

~Frustration~

My locker room is in shambles..but for great reason. I am frustrated. I had every opportunity to put away Molly for the 3 count, but I was so concerned with sending a message to Ethan, I allowed myself to lose focus. It didn't help that Ethan was conveniently the guest referee in the match which made it easy to throw me off my game mentally and for Molly to pick up the win.

But I'm not making excuses.

Molly won..but that doesn't mean it's over. For the time being I was angered, frustrated that I let Ethan get into my head. He knows he can't beat me physically..so he wants to try to mentally. He wants to unwrap my mind so I make a mistake and lose the title to him. I can't allow that to happen. I have worked too damn hard to make it this far only to lose it to some bitter little crybaby who blames the world for his errors. I sit on the couch among the trashed furniture, the holes in the wall, the shattered mirrors and broken beer bottles. I run my hands through my long blonde hair, sighing in frustration.

Griffin Hawkins - ...What the fuck happened out there?

I heard the door in my locker room didn't feel like talking to anyone or anything. If it was an interviewer, I would throw them right out of there. But a familiar voice cut through the silence.

Marquis Laveaux - You're playing right into his game..

I already knew who it was, I didn't even have to look up.

Griffin Hawkins - I am really not in the mood Marquis.

Marquis Laveaux - You really should listen to me..

Griffin Hawkins - I told you I am not in the mood for a fucking lecture.

Marquis Laveaux - Such anger..such rage. If you could only channel it..

I grunt in annoyance as I stand up, going nose to nose with him.

Griffin Hawkins - Look, I don't know why you're here or why you want to talk to me. But you need to get the hell out of here or I'll rip your head off.

Marquis strangely doesn't look to be intimidated at all.

Marquis Laveaux - Your anger isn't directed towards me..I can tell..

Griffin Hawkins - You have no idea what I'm angry at right now.

Marquis Laveaux - You're angry at yourself for allowing yourself to be distracted. You allowed Ethan Cage to get inside your mind when you had the match well in hand.

I really didn't want to admit that he was right. Honestly..I didn't know who I was more angrier at right now. I just sit down and sigh in frustration.

Griffin Hawkins - ...I had her.

Marquis Laveaux - Yes you did. There was a reason she wanted Ethan Cage as the guest referee. Because she knows one on one with your mind on nobody but her..she can't beat you. More importantly this is all Ethan's doing. He is trying is hardest to defeat you mentally when he has already failed at it physically.

Griffin Hawkins - I want to kick his ass..

Marquis Laveaux - You're going about it all wrong Griffin. Your worst enemy right now is your emotions.

Griffin Hawkins - What the hell are you talking about?

Marquis Laveaux - Many say ego is the worst thing about a person..sometimes they are wrong. Most times it's emotion. You've allowed Ethan Cage to play mind games so he can unnerve you. You may not realize it, but you got him running scared..

Griffin Hawkins - ...I do?

Marquis Laveaux - Think about it Griffin. Why else would he constantly attack you week after week? Why does he have this inane need to inject himself in your matches? He sees the threat you possess and wants to take you out of the game mentally before your upcoming battle.

Griffin Hawkins - That does make sense. The guy was always threatened by me. But what about tonight?

Marquis Laveaux - One loss won't set you back. In this battle there will be many wins and many losses. You'll get your chance at her in a later date. You have held that title for quite some time, and so far you've turned back many challengers looking to dethrone you. Don't let this man be the death of your reign..you've beaten him before and you can do it again.

He really did have a good point. Sometimes I get so upset I don't think straight. Ethan indeed was trying to break me down mentally, but I couldn't allow it.

Griffin Hawkins - How the hell do you always know so much about me anyway?

Marquis Laveaux - Maybe because every time I see you, I see a younger version of myself.

Griffin Hawkins - So..what now?

Marquis Laveaux - Life is all about moving forward. Just don't let one loss keep you down. Prove to everyone you deserve to be here. You need to have more faith in yourself...

He gave one last look at me before leaving the locker room. I take the Insurgency Title and look down at it as I hold it in my hands. A lot of people didn't think I'd make it this far in my career. They all believed that it would just be a matter of time before I would fade into obscurity. Now that I reached the top of the mountain, those same people were looking to knock me off.

..I'll see to it that the bodies piling up will make the mountain even bigger.

-----------------------------------------------

~The Chosen One~

This may sound weird..but whenever I have stress on my mind and it gets to me..I meditate. Some do yoga, some go to thew gym, but I decide to focus on myself. There had been a lot on my mind lately and I needed to center myself and distance myself from all the negativity. When I entered my locker room I decided to cleanse my mind of everything negative around me. I sat down against the wall, sitting Indian style. I close my eyes, looking to reach nirvana hopefully.

Maybe this will help me prepare for my match.

As I close my eyes, I reach a whole different state of consciousness. It feels like I am no longer in the locker room. I open my eyes and see that I am in an entirely different place. I am around what looks to be a ruins of a temple. It almost looks like the same temple I had in my dreams. I slowly get up and look around. The sun seems to be setting across the land, giving the sky an eerie red glow.

Not this again..

I look around for someone to talk to, hopefully they would get me out of here or at least explain why I am here in this place. I then see someone in a brown hood. I go to talk to him but stop. Remembering the last time I encountered someone in a robe..it was a skeleton. I was prepared this time.

Griffin Hawkins - Stay where you are!

The figure stops...actually obeying my command. He slowly removes his hood. I was expecting to fight an undead being, but instead I see an old man with short white hair and white beard.

"You have arrived..."

Griffin Hawkins - Who are you?...where am I?

"You're here in a realm that's been ravaged by madness and pain..."

Griffin Hawkins - That still doesn't explain who you are and why I was brought here.

Duncan Ramsey - I am Duncan Ramsey...your trusted Advisor..

Griffin Hawkins - My what?! Is this some kind of joke?

Duncan Ramsey - I am afraid this isn't the time for humor Master Griffin..

I was really confused. Who is this guy and why did he call me...Master?

Griffin Hawkins - How do you know my name?

Duncan Ramsey - It was foretold in in the scrolls that a great warrior would come and save us from oppression. A great hero had the task you are being given a long time ago and was unfortunately slain in battle. For many years we fought the horde and lost many..but now that you are aware of this world, a great battle awaits.

Griffin Hawkins - ..Great..battle?

Duncan Ramsey - Yes. And if you're not prepared, you will lose and all hope will be lost..

Griffin Hawkins - Look..sir, I don't know who you are or why I'm here, or what this battle that awaits me is, but I really should be going now..

Duncan Ramsey - You do not understand Master Griffin. You are our only hope. We all waited for a great warrior with nerves of steel and a heart of courage that will save us all from oppression.

Griffin Hawkins - But..I don't even know what I am facing.

Duncan Ramsey - Ah but you do. I believe you've been having visions of a horde of beasts coming towards you.

I then realized what he was talking about. The same dream that I had since I was a child. Could my dream be connected to why I am here?

Griffin Hawkins - I...I don't understand...

Duncan Ramsey - In time it will all come together for you. The sound of music is where you will find the answer to everything.

Griffin Hawkins - Sound of music? What do you mean?

He didn't say anything and just turned away. I didn't want him to leave.

Griffin Hawkins - Hey! I'm talking to you!

I put my hand on his shoulder as if to turn him around, only for the robe to fall to the ground. What falls with him chills me straight to the bone..a skeleton. Was I talking to a corpse?

------------------------

I suddenly snap out of my meditation and see that I am back in my locker room. I am relieved to be back, but his words still remain in my head..the sound of music...he was trying to tell me something, but what? Then something came to me. I quickly rushed over to my bag and picked up the black album. Could he be talking about the music?...

I knew I had to find answers.

A battle awaits me, but what kind? These dreams have haunted me since I was a child. I knew for some reason I had to be experience the same dream again and again. But I think slowly I was starting to understand why. A battle on the horizon waits for me...but the question is will I be prepared for it when that day finally comes? Do I even know what to do when the battle arises? I have to find answers to all this or I would be unprepared for the biggest fight of my life.

---------------------------------------------------------

~Born to Fight~

Cameras open up in Belfast Ireland. It's a bright sunny day out here...usually the weather is terrible. But I guess the luck of the Irish smiled on me today as the camera man stood and got a shot of Carrickfergus Castle. I begin speaking as the camera zooms in on the great sight that has lots of history to it.

"Carrickfergus Castle. A place where much blood was spilled. King John laid siege took control of this castle and the reigns of power. Why? Because he could. He and his troops had fought many battles against the outside forces who tried to defeat him. My great ancestors fought on this sacred ground. They had made great sacrifices in the name of their king and everything they stand for. Its been that way back then...and now I carry on the tradition of today. Here I stand in the face of death, looking to defend everything I stand for and believe in...so I carry on the Irish Tradition of fighting.

The camera pans over to me, standing with the Insurgency Title around my shoulder. I'm dressed in leather pants and a Dropkick Murphys T-Shirt.

"This week I face a good friend. Someone who supported me when I first came here..Yuko Isamu. A man who I have tremendous respect for. See Yuko..I'm not going to be like Ethan Cage and disrespect you and your accomplishments. Because I consider you one of my good friends. And this is the first time in our careers that we ever crossed paths in that very ring. But I think we should give the people of Insurgency one hell of a show between two of the most popular superstars in the company. For such a long time many have been clamoring for The Rock Soldier and Heaven's Gladiator clash in that ring one on one..man to man. But nobody knows the outcome of the battle. I look really..really forward to locking up with you.

I do consider Yuko one of the best athletes this company has to offer. I had faced many superstars, but never anyone like him before. I needed a strategy.

"We do have a lot in common Yuko. We both have faced a lot of adversity in our career. When you lost the High Impact Title, people thought that your time was over and that you would just fade away. But you proved them all wrong when you came back with a vengeance and formed a Tag Team with Parker Wayde and won the Tag Belts. Even though you lost them recently, you still shown that you haven't lost a step at all and you're ready to continue to prove why you are one of the best in this business. And now that I am facing you, I know for sure that I am in for one hell of a fight. You and me in that ring. And even though the title is not on the line..I say lets treat this match like it is a title match."

A one on one match for the belt would make things really interesting. He is long overdue for a title shot.

"Though I ask one thing of you Yuko. For this battle to be a true one on one contest, leave Parker in the back. Because all he is is an outsider looking in. You said before that you wouldn't be someone who doesn't rely on others to fight his battles for him. And so far you've been a man of your word. But a little friendly advice on Parker...that man is unpredictable. He was once part of a group who's intention was to destroy Insurgency itself..and now suddenly he is on your side. I'm not saying that he's going to stab you in the back. I'm just saying keep an eye on him. Never underestimate the power of another man's greed.

I readjust the title around my shoulder, making sure the camera man can see it.

"You once held this title with honor and prestige..hell, you and me took similar roads to the top. We won the World Championship briefcase, cashed it in when it mattered and never looked back. Some have even compared me to you as well Yuko. While there are a few similarities between our martial arts fighting styles, I don't want to be the next Yuko Isamu or Corey Bull. I want to be the first Griffin Hawkins. I am looking to throw our friendship out the window and come at you full force. Because in that ring..I have no friends. I only have rivals who are looking to knock me off the perch that I had worked so hard to climb. Maybe in the future you and me will fight for this belt. And I know for sure that you will be ready when that time comes."

I pace around with the belt around my shoulder. I know old Steelio hungers for being Champion again.

"For what it's worth..I did take your advice. You said that I only had one shot at becoming Champion and I should make it count. I waited till the time was right, I cashed it in and I defeated Alexander Remington for the IWF World Heavyweight Champion, something nobody has ever done. And now here I stand..the Champion against a hopeful challenger. Can you beat me? Maybe you can..but maybe you can't. We'll never know until Battlegrounds when we're in front of fifteen thousand screaming Metal Maniacs cheering as the match of the century is right there in front of them. I'm bringing everything to the table Yuko, and I don't expect any less from you."

I really hoped that this battle didn't effect our friendship.

"So I stand upon the threshold of a battle..just like the Irish..I will continue to fight on until I can no longer stand. Yuko, I have the most tremendous amount of respect for you. And like you said...may the best man win. The luck of the Irish will be in me once that bell rings. They call you an Angel...but I am a Devil. See you at Battlegrounds."

I give one last look at the camera man and walk away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde   Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Griffin Hawkins [vs] Steel Angel w/Parker Wayde
Page 1 of 1