Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde   Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Here's your chance, don't blow it this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde   Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Souls and Swords chapter 7: The hunt for the Azure knight.

Yuko in preparation of what is to come, allows himself to be lead into the kingdom's armory where he has a suit of armor made for him. Having long since discarded his old warrior garments in favor of having a more durable and sleek design, Yuko began putting on the new armor. The suit itself is compose of bronze and reinforce steel plating, a second layer of steel overlaps the chest plate making it very difficult for any weapon to pierce through it. In spite of its somewhat bulky appearance, Yuko is amazed to find that the armor is very light on his body, made from the finest metals in the kingdom and a true testament of their wealth and power. He starts off with the gauntlets, then the leggings, and then finally the greaves and footwear. One of the squires holds a mirror in front of him once he was finished getting dressed, he turns his head to the imposing figure reflecting back at him. Yuko had always been told by both maidens and townsfolk that he always looked good in knight's armor, the reflection confirms it. The silver white plating and designs really make him looked like he is a warrior sent by the heavens.

Marley: That armor looks good on you; seems my brother has good taste.

He turns to Marley who is wearing a plated outfit similar to his only the color and designs were different. Hers bear the symbols of her homeland and as such, the color that reflects it is decorated on her in the shades of green and red. Her brother is seen alongside also wearing the same shade of color only his armor appears more bulky with the upper chest having a double layer style similar to Yuko's. Both of them had personally volunteered to assist Yuko in his search although the king voiced his concerns of Marley joining. However through Yuko and Jones insistence, he allowed her to join them. However as they near the final stages of preparation, Yuko couldn’t help but feel easy. He still couldn’t understand what persuaded him to accept the task of killing this Nightmare. He wasn’t sure if he is really his brother or not. He has been trying to process the information that the others have given to him when regarding his sibling and all of them pointed to the man in dark armor that is Nightmare. He recalled seeing the man inside the cave that killed the bael guarding the exit. While he was unable to get a good look at the man as he was standing a good distance with the light shining through, Yuko was almost certain that this was the very person that he is now tasked to find and kill.

The question still remains: Is he really his brother Savage?

That was the main reason in his mind that he accepted, not because he felt indebted to the King and his people, not because he expects to gain anything from this endeavor. The only thing that matters to Yuko at this point and time is to find out the truth of it all. He must find this Nightmare, only then will his questions be answered.

Jones: Are we all ready?

Yuko gets up from his chair, his mind already made up. He faces Jones and Marley, his expression a blank one with some hints of concern.

Yuko: You sure you want to join me on this journey? We will be gone from the kingdom for a long time, plus this place we're going I heard doesn’t fare well with outsiders.

Jones: Yuko.....I've sworn an oath that day when Nightmare slaughtered my men that he will pay dearly for what he's done. If you're going after him, I want to be on the front lines!

Yuko: I understand, I was mainly addressing your sister.

Marley: Don't worry about me Yuko, while I may not look the part I am a well trained fighter. I can take care of myself.

Yuko: Very well then.

He didn't have much to say to the two siblings, he'd known them for only a day and yet he felt like they knew each other since childhood. Regardless he could feel the determination on the expression of Jones, Marley well.......it's hard to tell what she is thinking. That cheerful expression of hers looks relaxing and yet at the same time it makes him wonder. Regardless he shrugged off the feelings he is experiencing and looks around the armory. He then returns his gaze to Jones.

Yuko: Alright let's get going.

They both nod to him and head towards the wooden doors which open as the draw near. The light shines through and Yuko is greeted by an army of no more than 80 men and woman all standing in attention. Each of them bearing the armor of their homeland and the weapons of their trade. Just then Jones snapped his fingers and turns to Yuko.

Jones: Almost forgot something.

He claps his hands and two men emerge from the armory with a weapon rack containing their tools of death. Yuko couldn’t help but notice that his old sword isn't among the weapons resting on the rack. His gaze though, does center on the one sword with a golden hilt with the sheath covered in blue and gold markings that stretch towards the tip. Jones walks over to the rack and takes that blade that his gaze is on and presents it to him. Yuko looks at Jones with a look of uncertainty.

Jones: Take it.

With a slow movement of the hand, Yuko grabs the handle of the sword. He holds it upright to feel its weight and design, remarking the lightness and maneuverability. Removing the blade from its holster, he is taken aback by the sheer beauty of the metal that shines before him. The blade is made of nearly 5 feet of the most durable and most miraculous medal even conjured.

Marley: That sword like the rest of the weapons you see before you is made from the greatest blacksmith the king could ask for and blessed with the holy water of our bishop of the grand temple. We call them "Divine" weapons if you will, not sure if that means the weapon with have supernatural power but it's the finest blade you'll ever see.

Indeed it is; whoever made this put their heart and soul into the crafting of the blade. He replaces the sword and secures the holster on his side. Jones returns to him holding out a shield with the design looking similar to this. Yuko takes the shield from him and inserts the hand through the leather straps, feels a bit heavy but the large size and design more than make up for it. He attaches the shield towards the handle on his back; every knight has them for whenever they don't need to carry the shield on their hands while traveling. Saves energy and indeed Yuko will need every ounce of energy he can physically muster. His injuries long since healed a result of the magic used by the priests from the king's chapel who are experienced healers. While Yuko is familiar with the concept of magic, he never seen it used before. Turns out he was given the healing spell during his recovery, which explained why the pain diminished. At first the pain was sharp and hurts alot, but within a matter of minutes it just tickles then vanished completely. Yuko was also amazed that no scars were left behind afterwards, this magic really is something.

However he had little time to think of such things, Jones and Marley already have their weapons ready. Marley carries a falcon style sword with the hilt in the shade of a bird, kinda like this. Jones has a double bladed battle ax with silver markings on the sides of the blade. Both have their battle shields and turn towards their army standing before them. Robbieson enlisted his troops under Yuko's command with Jones and Marley being his "Generals".

Marley: Knights of Mercadia, at attention!

The troops stand upright at her command, their pose crisp and sharp. She smiles at Jones who turns to Yuko.

Jones: They’re yours to command Sir Yuko, just say the word.

Yuko almost didn't hear him; he looked at these brave strangers who stand before him. Each one ready to die for their kingdom, a kingdom that he now has become a part of. He couldn’t help but let out a smile, never before had he thought that one day he would command an army. Now he here is, ready to go to battle, ready to face the dangers that seek to hinder him. With a deep breath, Yuko need only let out three simple words.

Yuko: Let's move out!

The troops do a complete 180 turn and split into three ranks allowing Yuko and the other two to move past them. Yuko is first to walk through, to his left is Marley and to his right is Jones, moving forward where three horses reside. Each one strapped with a saddle that bared the crest of their kingdom. All three of them take to their mounts and with a mere slap of the reigns, they move forward with the sound of footsteps following close behind. Yuko can only look forward into the distance; the search for Nightmare had begun.

Meanwhile Far East just a few miles from Ingram stood Parker clad in his new armor which was provided for him by Corey along with at least 20 members of the elite army and about 40 regular soldiers. Having a force like this means that Corey has very high expectations for young man. Indeed Parker had chosen his moments well and was rewarded greatly. Now his moment of truth finally shines before him, if he completes this task Lord Corey would be eating out of his hand.

On that note Parker had some time to think about his mission; to find a man named Yuko.....seemed simple enough. Though he didn't bother to question the task when he was present in Corey's war room, once outside the thought started creeping into his mind. "Yuko......why does that name sound familiar?"

That question floats around him as he marches forward on his steed with his men marching just a few feet away. Even though Parker had no sense of direction he never the less just kept moving. Figured that if he wondered aimlessly around long enough he would find the solution to the problem that keeps nagging at his skull.

Yuko.....that name just keeps repeating itself over and over as Parker tries to remember, him and Ruby along with Beno tracked a man who mentioned the name. Apparently this is the same man who told this Yuko about Corey and Ruby felt the need to mention the news to Chad. From what Parker could gather at the time, Yuko was last seen heading to Kakariko Village. This of course baffled Chad as no warrior would have bothered to visit the place as it had no value to them......or so Chad was led to believe.

Parker then remembered hearing from both Ruby and Marcus that after Yuko's visit from Corey, that it's likely he mentioned the location of the swo-

Parker felt himself stop his horse and the army halts as well. The men look around them, thinking that something caused Parker to pause. He ignores them and frowns as the thought came back to him: Is this the reason that Corey would send him to find this boy? It all came back to him; Ruby mentioned that Yuko left Corey's mansion and immediately road off North to Kakariko. Chad believed that the only reason Corey would send him there is perhaps to retrieve the sword of salvation. But if Corey knew the location of the blade then why would he send a person, a stranger no less to get it? At first Chad thought that Corey was playing mind games but if the possibility that Corey knew where the sword is and sent someone expandable after it, made it seem like Corey knew of Chad's intent to find both the sword as well as kill him off. However as Parker had already found out after him and the rest of Natural Law were ambushed by Corey's men in Darkling Woods, that the whole story of Corey sending someone to retrieve the sword was just a ruse. It was a means to get Chad out in the open so that Corey could take him down. If that was really true then Corey didn't send Yuko to find the sword, as it was very likely that he knew nothing of its location. If that is the case then why would he send him to Kakariko Village?

Then another thought came to Parker: There is a pathway that leads into the deep tunnels; it cuts through a path straight into the city of Mercadia. Parker has heard of the relationship between Corey and the king that resides there, it's possible that Yuko might have not been sent directly towards the village, but rather to the kingdom on the other side of the mountain.

Still doesn’t make sense, Mercadia from what Parker could gather is an ally of Corey. If Yuko is there then why would Corey want Parker to fetch him? Something just doesn’t seem right......

Regardless while he can't make heads or tails on the situation, it does give Parker a heading. It would beat the hell out of just wondering around having to ask town after town, village after village about a man that he hardly even knows.

Armed with this knowledge, Parker turns his steed and heads west. The troops following his movement without question, it will be a long road to the city but it's the only lead Parker has for now. He must find Yuko, then and only then can he move on to the next phase of his plan.....a plan that Parker has been brewing even since he joined this group.

"Just watch, I will succeed where he has fail."

Those thoughts bring a sinister smile on his face as he rode off into the afternoon sky.

TO BE CONTINUED

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde   Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:08 pm

I might sound like a broken record by my how the mighty have fallen.

You said that me winning the High Impact title is a step back in my career, to the uneducated mind it would seem that way. But try looking at it from my perspective; I've always had a reputation for setting a number of "firsts" in almost every federation I've worked in. At Dominion Wrestling I was the first ever Knockout King Champion, at Kapow I was the first person to set a record for the longest reign there, fast forward to when I recently came here to IWF. This was long before your name was barely even mentioned; I became the first ever New Blood champion. It was a feat that would for the most part remain the highlight of my career. That was until I won the briefcase at Spring Fling and used it to become the Heavyweight champion.

Wasn’t until I defeated you just a couple weeks ago that I would add another first on my list: While I am the 3rd Triple Crown champion I am the first person to hold the New Blood title, the Heavyweight title and the High Impact title.

So for you to say that I was taking a step back in my career really isn't accurate now is it? The only thing worse is the fact that I took this very belt that you made. Kinda sad really, guess that's your fault for opening that mouth of yours.

Oh don't worry, I will regain my belt from Devlin, you can count on that. Also I wish you the best of luck against Stygian, no really I mean that. Because you'll need nothing more than an act from god to win that belt, let alone beat the man.

For you to say you've been getting closer and closer to beating him.......yeah that's a load of nonsense. You barely lasted a minute the first time around, second time you had to get yourself disqualified because you had no other option available. Hell you had the whole Empire backing you up during that match and still you didn’t even come close. I on the other hand was very close and I had to deal with a shitty ref who screwed me over. The other time I had no excuse, he pinned me in that six pack challenge, that time I admitted defeat. However I'm not gonna quit, you claim that I only when after your belt because I couldn’t handle being at the top.

You seem to have forgotten something: I have been at the top, look at the title history for past Heavyweight champions and you'll see the name "Steel Angel.' I don't need to prove that I have what it takes to be at the top, I already have but at the same time I wouldn’t mind going back to the top once more.

The High Impact title is my stepping stone to getting to the top, while you can say that I might have gotten "lucky" in our last encounter, better wake up and smell the coffee. Luck had nothing to do with it, you said it yourself man, the belt choked you. Or to be more accurate, you choked when you couldn’t even defend your title, much like you choked when you couldn’t defend the Full Throttle/Uprising title. Wanna talk to me about not having what it takes? You don't see me steal into promos from other athletes just to get my point across. I tell it how it is, I've fought against the best and I've beaten some of the best out there. You are not among the best; you're only the” best” because you have an entire group backing you. I don't need a group, that whole HHR thing was just.......bah I didn't know what the hell I was thinking. I thought I learned my fucking lesson after that........ugh......god awful "gimmick" which I will not mention but hey sometimes you need a reminder and the Human Highlight Reels was pretty much my wakeup call. Sucks that you can't seem to learn the exact same lesson Parker.

See I'm all about learning from my mistakes, you don't and that's your main problem. See you made the mistake of your life by overlooking and underestimating me last time and it cost you the strap you no doubt put alot of effort into making. Tonight while that belt is not on the line, it won't stop me from kicking your afro looking butt from one side of this ring to the other.

I'm a warrior, I'm a fighter and I will take you on right here in this very ring. Wanna send out your pals? Go ahead, I would love to show them just how worthless and spineless you really are.

Redemption, thy name is Steel Angel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde   Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Angel [vs.] Parker Wayde
Page 1 of 1