Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry Empty
PostSubject: Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry   Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

It's Match One of three in this Best of 3 series between the returning Diana Logan and IWF Newcomer Elizabeth Terry! The sparks flew backstage between the two IWF Diavs, resulting in Jessica Matthews-Casey making this incredible Best of 3 series that is sure to bring out the best in both divas with a shot at Blyss Lockhart and the IWF Phoenix Championship at Isolation hanging in the balance!!!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry   Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

OCC; Expected to do wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than a shitty 3krp D: Time management is horrible but I got something up.

---

PROLOGUE

Homecoming. It was a word that was tied to multiple people. Along with the Insurgency Wrestling Federation pay-per-view event that recently passed by. Many great things happened at said pay-per-view. The fans that enjoyed the unique company that was IWF got to see the great things from the crowning of the first ever diva IWF World Heavyweight Champion in Molly Reid to Blyss Lockhart putting down the sexist indian low card garbage Storming Raven. There was Grand Slam trying their hand at obtaining the IWF Tag Team Championship for a second time only to fail. Sah'ta Thor claimed the Uprising Championship in the same manner that Elizabeth claimed WEW's Starlet Championship. In a debut match up. In addition to all of these great things, IWF saw the on screen debut of a talent it had it's eyes on for a year. Elizabeth Terry. Diana Logan had just returned, and intended to claim some IWF gold. The Malicious Barbie got in her way. Causing the tension. Resulting in IWF management making this best out of three series between Diana Logan and Elizabeth. The winner going on to meet Blyss Lockhart at Isolation for the IWF Phoenix Championship. This was match number one. Elizabeth was home.

SCENE ONE
Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry K5334o

South Boston, Massachusetts. Home of a lot of great people. Elizabeth Terry sat in a simple dunkin' donuts enjoying her a medium size iced coffee. Dressed casually in a pair of blue short shorts and a red sleeveless shirt. It's been two months since Elizabeth has been in the United States. It felt more like two years. Elizabeth wrapped the long cold fingers of her left hand around her cup. Sun light hit her fingernails causing the black polish to shine. Lifting the cup to her full lips she placed the straw in between her upper and bottom lips taking in some of the sweet brown liquid.

Elizabeth wasn't given much time to think. The door to the starbucks popped open and a man with nicely cut blonde hair entered the shop dressed in a pair of beige cache shorts and a black “Dropkick Murphys Live on Landsdowne” T shirt. The IWF Diva's bright green eyes scanned the man up and down. It was Corey Casey, one of the biggest legends in IWF. The first IWF Champion. Perhaps the greatest wrestler in Insurgency Wrestling Federation history. The man who ran things around the mainstream company.

Corey Casey made his way over to Elizabeth's table and took the seat that was pointed in her direction. Instantly Elizabeth looked more lively as opposed to her usual deathly look.

Corey Casey
"Mind if I sit down?"

A smile formed on her face, forced, but a smile in any case. She had a large amount of respect for Corey. Looking presentable was important in general but Elizabeth took it to the max when with Corey Casey.

Elizabeth Terry; "I'm glad you agreed to meet me here."

These typically would have been cold, spiteful, dragged out words. That was replaced by a sweet, light toned voice with an English accent. The Malicious Barbie placed the iced coffee down. Rested her palms on the warm table.

Corey Casey
"Well who am I to deny an invitation to coffee from someone with your impressive resume?"

A slight giggle escaped the IWF Diva's lips. Not because she found anything funny. It was her awkward way of expressing her being nervous. Elizabeth was not like either of her two sisters, Alexis and Samantha. Elizabeth wasn't very good at conversing or expressing herself. She never needed too. There was always someone there to speak for her. Even in her career someone served as a mouth peice. Only when she split from her sister, and her sister's group of friends did she find her voice in the wrestling world. Capturing the attention of promoters all over the world. Only to deny them all. For Corey Casey. The Barbie could stand in front of fifty thousand people and cut an entire promo. But she couldn't sit in front of her own good friend and tell him what was on her mind. That was a shame.

Elizabeth Terry; "I wanted to see how you were doing. You know. The usual."

Corey shook his head no. This man had World Championship reigns that numbered in the double digits. He didn't gain all of that by being a fool that would believe everything he heard someone say.

Corey Casey
"Now Eliza..."

Elizabeth's eyes got wide. Crazy. Corey corrected himself so Elizabeth wouldn't have a mental break down. He held his hands up signaling for the Malicious Barbie to calm down.

Corey Casey
"Elizabeth. My bad. Elizabeth."

Corey Casey smirks slightly and chuckles to himself.

Corey Casey
"I still forget about that little…quirk…despite the fact that I’ve been trying to recruit you since IWF fought WEW. Now, are you going to continue dancing around my question or are you going to tell me what’s wrong m’dear?"

Elizabeth gave Corey a slight nod. Looking up at the window Elizabeth tried to catch her thoughts. She then started to explain herself.

Elizabeth Terry; "Well, I called you out here to tell you. Thank you."

Corey raised an eyebrow confused at the words his friend just uttered to him. It was completely out of the blue. He knew Elizabeth could be random at times but it usually wasn't the positive type of random. Corey thought this was going to be worth listening to. He could tell that Terry was struggling to get it all out.

Corey Casey; "Um. For what?"

Elizabeth’s gaze dances away from Corey Casey’s features. She suddenly finds herself very much interested with the nutritional facts of her coffee. When Corey speaks, you can hear the concern mixed in with the command.

Corey Casey
"Out with it."

The barbie found herself looking left, and then right to see if people were listening to the two speak. It was already enough that everyone in the shop stared at them because they worked for the number one wrestling company in the world.

Elizabeth Terry; "Alright sit back because this will take quite a while, love. Thank you for everything. When I say everything it's much deeper than you think. You saved me. I'm not trying to sound like some script but that is just how I feel right now. Like I'm in some movie. You know I was about to call it quits this year. Hang up my boots. I had arguably the worst time of my career in World Elite Wrestling. I had just recieved a contract with my first mainstream company. Rolled into WEW with a ton of hype and won my first championship. In my first match ever as a professional wrestler. I thought I was on top of the world but it turns out I was just a pawn to set up a woman you know very well, Angelica Monroe, up as a big star of the company."

Corey chucked a little bit at the mention of former Queen of Wrestling Champion, Angelica Monroe. Not to mock her, but because he found it interesting how one of WEW's former mainstays, and one of WEW's most under rated and under utilized talents ended up in IWF.

Corey Casey
"Heh, Angelica."

The Malicious Barbie continued. It felt good to let everything out. She's never told anyone about these struggles. Not even members of her family.

Elizabeth Terry; "I was used. I lost the title to a woman named Isis, Angelica and her little cousin played a role. I got it back they played a role. By the time I dropped the title, yes dropped because there's no way on earth Angelica could defeat me, I was tossed aside. The focus wasn't on me anymore. They gave Angelica Monroe the undeserved mega-push. I can recall being reduced to the pre-show of WEW. It broke me. You may have not noticed when I took part in WEW versus IWF but I was broken. It had a hand in turning me into what you see today. I was treated like garbage. And you know what? Angelica defended the title ONCE in one hundred and ninety nine days. STILL won WEW Starlet of the Year. Me? NOTHING for my efforts and contributions. Not even a "you're a legendary Starlet here." The only thing that kept me sane for the time being was a little run in the now closed GIW, Galveston Island Wrestling with my sister Alexis. It was good, it brought up some of my confidence. Helped me regain some of what I lost in WEW. That didn't last long, I left and stayed away from wrestling. I had a lot of time on my hands. I kept in contact with you and set up a debut match with Anna Stone for IWF. I had one of the worst showings in IWF history dispite my talent, why? Confidence. WEW made me think I was low. "

Elizabeth took a breath. Though she wasn't finished explaining herself to Corey yet.

Elizabeth Terry; "I was ready to give up. But Corey, you didn't give up on me. As soon as I tried to hang my boots up you smacked them back down. You treated me like a star, all I did was disappoint you. Make you wait. I'm sorry for that. Even after all of my screw ups you still offer me a great IWF deal. I can see now, so I didn't decline. You motivated me. Told me get my feet wet in promotions like United Wrestling League so I can see what I really am. You know why I no longer carry the ring name Eliza Gray? I'll inform you. I no longer call myself Eliza Gray because it's stained with dissapointment and shame. You don't deserve that, Corey. You deserve me at my best inside and outside of the ring. I don't care if you have a wife I'm telling you the truth. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Not WEW, not my million dollar having sister, not my parents, you! Here I sit, I'll say to you know that I'll prove my worth. I will bring the Phoenix Championship to you personally after I win it. First. I must eliminate Diana Logan. I know you're aware of her, Corey."

Elizabeth stood up, trying to change the subject. Corey looks Elizabeth up and down for a moment in silence before speaking.

Corey Casey
"Look…we all go through shit in our careers. Hell, Stygian damn near crippled me for life. This industry isn’t about how badly you get your fucking ass handed to you…"

Corey Casey stares into Elizabeth’s eyes. Elizabeth can see the fire of determination burning brightly in the cold, blue stare of CC.

Corey Casey
"This industry is about how many times you use that ass kicking as motivation to get back into that ring and get revenge"

Elizabeth let out an 'Uh hmm' sound agreeing with the man that she considered her soul mate. It was time for her to give him something. Softly, Elizabeth pulled her chair back from the table and drew herself to her feet. Got closer to Corey's face, and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

Corey Casey
"Wow…I’ve never had someone kiss me after I swore at them…normally I just get called an ass hole."

Elizabeth rolls her eyes. She had respect for CC and respect for his marriage. In no way did she want to make Corey look bad. Like a 'player.' Red lipstick got on Corey's cheek. Elizabeth used her index finger to wipe it off.

Elizabeth Terry; "You've done a lot for me. Time for me to do something. Close your eyes."

Elizabeth tries to put a blind fold over Corey’s eyes, however CC manages to get his hand up, wrapping his fingers around her wrist softly.

Corey Casey
"I let the kiss slide…however I’ve been around the block a few too many times to let anyone blind fold me. Besides…"

A clever smirk dances across Corey Casey’s features as he looks into Elizabeth’s chestnut colored eyes.

Corey Casey
"I’ve read 50 Shades of Gray…I know how this shit ends!"

Elizabeth giggles again and places the blindfold in her back pocket.

Elizabeth Terry; "You’re impossible, you know that?"

Elizabeth Terry turns and begins walking for the door of the Dunkin' Donuts. She hears the sound of a chair scraping against the tile floor and the sound of Corey Casey’s voice calling after her.

Corey Casey
"Wait….can I offer you a ride?

Elizabeth Terry ignores Corey Casey’s offer and walks out of the Starbucks, with CC hot on her heels. Elizabeth doesn’t brake stride but does turn her head slightly to the right and call over her shoulder.

Elizabeth Terry; I don’t need a ride for where I’m going. You can come if you want though."

Elizabeth Terry and Corey Casey walk through the streets of South Boston until they arrive at a large crowd gathered in front of a stage. CC furrows his brow slightly.

Corey Casey
"I wonder what’s going on?"

Elizabeth Terry turns and winks at CC before starting to thread her way through the crowd.

Elizabeth Terry; "We are. Come on."

Elizabeth Terry and Corey Casey make their way through the chanting and cheering crowd. Elizabeth gave the crowd a moment to cheer on their home town hero before she took the lead.

Elizabeth Terry; "Boston. You were right Corey. This place is neat. Now listen to me all of you! There are people out there that put you down. There are people out there that don't think you're strong. I know you're all very strong people. Going through a very rough time. This is very touchy for me but I'll admit it to you that I prayed for you all every night. Corey prayed for you. That's why I say, you're strong. I compare you to myself. I may not be from this state, nor this country for that matter. But we're a proud people. I love each and every one of you. When the bombing happened it made me realize how gutless some people could be. The people whom carried out these acts against you are in the same lane as Diana Logan. GUTLESS. COWARDS. Who lurk around pretending to be one of us. Popping up like the mole from whack a mole when the opportunity to take advantage comes along. I stand here today and tell you that I, an English born woman, will reside in Boston and represent you. I'll stop Diana Logan dead in her tracks. "

The crowd cheered for Elizabeth. The Barbie had found her voice again.

Elizabeth Terry; "People of Boston, you and I know cowards when we see it. We've used the words so many times it has become our signature. Diana, I don't care what anyone says about you. I sure as hell couldn't care less about what you were going to say at Homecoming. All I know is that you are some tenth rate failure of an IWF Diva that management thought would be a good match for me. They were deadly wrong. You are a weakened immune system I am a deadly plague. You are the bomber and I am the proud person who stops you, exposes you and everything you stand for, and decimates you."

Elizabeth held both her arms up waving to the people. They knew now that she was cutting a promo for her debut match in the mainstream promotion. And were more than willing to stay, support it, and hear everything out for both Elizabeth and their home town hero, Corey Casey.

Elizabeth Terry; "The type of person I'm dealing with, Diana Logan, is like the common cold. It keeps coming back to try and do something big. But it always gets stopped. I know very well it's Diana's goal to win a Championship Title in Insurgency Wrestling Federation. I'll treat her like the common cold and let her know that she'll never as much as breathe on any IWF gold as long as my heart is beating. This became personal the moment I laid my eyes on you, Diana. This is more than a best out of three series for me. It's a chance to prove myself to everyone who tunes into IWF shows. I may be putting you down but don't flatter yourself thinking you're this big superstar. You're only a delicious little warm up that I'll eat up in a heart beat. A little test so I can feel out the waters that is IWF."

Elizabeth placed her right palm on her chest and yelled out to the crowd.

Elizabeth Terry; "For Boston!"

The crowd screamed louder. Elizabeth and Corey began to take their leave as the scene faded out.
Back to top Go down
Diana Logan

Diana Logan

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry   Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:57 pm

New York City, New York

Diana stands at the railing of the ferry between the city and Ellis Island. The Statue of Liberty is in the background of the shot, with looming gray clouds behind. She is looking away from the camera, and at Lady Liberty as the ferry approaches one of a few islands in the bay. She is clearly lost in pensive thoughts, but a smile chases them away like the sun chases away storm clouds.

Diana Logan:
You’ve still got that bloody camera focused on me, don’t you.

A response comes from the person behind the camera, but it’s muffled. The words can’t be heard. It’s kind of like the adults in the Charlie Brown specials when she was younger.

Diana Logan:
Well, I guess you can keep it rolling while I gather my thoughts. Get some good shots of me looking all angsty or something.

Diana laughs, and the camera shakes a little as the person holding it laughs with her.

Diana Logan:
At least video can be changed to reflect life the way we want it to be.

It had been way too long since I’d been in the ring.

I don’t think anyone could blame me for it. My sister had gone into premature labor, and somewhere in the course of it all, the baby had just… given up the fight, and passed away.

There had been a lot of grief going around the family lately, estranged or not. Adam was hardest hit after Chloe, and I was just behind him. The thought of training, of being in the spotlight, of trying to force Adam to go to work with me… It had all been too much for us to deal with.

I finally started training again. We all finally came to terms with things enough that we could be functional again. Chloe buried herself in her work, and I dragged my brother-in-law in to work with me, just as it had always been. It felt GOOD to get back to work, and I started to want the spotlight again.

I’d kept up with basic exercise during mourning, because it helped me get rid of some of the rage I had at God and the whole fucking universe. But hardcore training was difficult to get back into. Partly because my focus was gone, and partly because Adam was still a mess. It was only when he suggested that I find someone else to train with that I found real focus once more.

That’s where Rosalie came into things.

She had been in IWF before me, until an injury took her out and forced her to think about what she really wanted to do with her life. She had decided that she wasn’t going to go back to the ring, but that didn’t stop her from training other women. So the weekly commute between Salt Lake and Boise to her gym became a regular thing.

And I grew. Adam was a great trainer, but Rosalie had been where I was. She knew some of the people I had to work with. She knew the pressures of the spotlight far better than my brother-in-law ever would. Under her guidance, I became stronger. Faster. Better.

Above all, I became more certain that this was where I wanted to be. She didn’t let me give her any bullshit about wanting to be in the ring or not. If my heart wasn’t in it, she told me to go home and think about it. The answer always came quickly, and it was always the same: I belonged in the ring. My work there wasn’t finished yet.

I remember the night I decided that it was time to go back. Rosalie and I had gone out to dinner after a long day in the gym, and as we sat there in Olive Garden waiting for our food, I brought the idea up.

Diana Logan:
I think it’s time.

Rosalie Knight:
Are you sure about that? It’s going to take a lot out of you, and I don’t want you doing it if you’re not ready.

Diana Logan:
I’m sure. I’ve been away too long. I feel like I’ve been dead, honestly, and I’m just waking up from being buried. I need the ring, Rosa. It’s the only thing that’s going to get me through this in the long term, and bring me back to life instead of being a zombie.

Rosalie Knight:
I don’t want to see you get hurt. One lapse of focus in that ring, and you’ll be out of the game teaching other girls how to do what you used to do.

I remember the way she smiled. It was partly bitter, and partly grateful. Being hurt had kept her from going back to the spotlight, but it hadn’t stopped her warrior spirit. In that moment, I was very glad that she had chosen to keep training people like me, even if performing wasn’t going to happen for her again.

I thought long and hard about it that night. And in the morning, I called up the show, and bought a ticket for Boston. This was something that the management needed to hear in person.

But the irony of where I was headed wasn’t lost on me. Boston was where I had my last win, against Jack Savage. It would be a fitting place to rise up out of my own ashes.

The Charlie Brown Teacher Voice asks a question from behind the camera, and Diana looks up from her reverie.

Diana Logan: Oh, sorry. Got lost in my thoughts for a minute there. Yeah, I’m ready. Let’s do this.

Diana turns around to lean her backside against the railing. The waters of the bay are a little rough, which seems oddly fitting for the determined look on her face. There’s a storm coming in, and it’s not just a storm of wind and rain.

Diana Logan:
Hello, IWF. I’m sure by now it’s no longer news that I’m back in the game. I want to say how good it feels to be back. The last few months have been pretty hellish in my personal life. My family suffered some very deep and tragic loss that left us all reeling. But it was the thought of coming back to the ring that really helped me to get through it all. That means you, IWF universe. All the fans, all my friends, and even all my enemies in that ring. I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world, and it took some bitter losses to make me realize that.

Last week, I showed up backstage in Boston. This probably doesn’t have a lot of significance to many people, but it did to me. You see, Boston was the last place I won a match. It was also the last match I had before my life went to hell. Anything after that was just death throes. It’s where my old life ended, and it’s where I get to claim my new life begins.

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not one to let anything stand in my way for long. I’m after the Phoenix Title because I can think of nothing more appropriate for my return to the world of the living. The ashes of a defining tragedy have only provided more fertile ground for me to grow, and I have not been idle while I’ve been away.

Diana smiles at the camera, although it’s not a particularly friendly smile. One might be able to sense that she’s about to talk about her current biggest obstacle.

Diana Logan:
Thing is, while so many of you know that I’m not one to be stopped, there’s one person who doesn’t. My opponent this week, Elizabeth Terry, has no idea what she got into when she challenged me the other night. Now, I guess I can sort of forgive her, because she’s new.

There are so many things that I think I could say about her, that it’s hard to pick just one. I think I want to start with the nickname, though. What your name says about you says so much more than you might think. And yours is… Barbie? I don’t care if it’s got the word ‘malicious’ in front of it. Barbie dolls ought to be home with little girls, getting played with and getting married to their Ken, and then embarking on a wonderful pseudo-career that is, of course, approved for the feminine gender. Guess what, honey. This ring, my ring, ain’t one of those gender roles. Barbie dolls don’t belong.

By now the wind has whipped Diana’s hair into her face, and she pauses a moment to clear her locks away from her eyes and mouth. It would be difficult to continue to be threatening or badass if she was spitting out her own hair.

Diana Logan:
And while I’m on the Barbie thing, let me just say to you Elizabeth, that I am worried about you. I’m sure your momma fed you when you were growing up. And I know that if you’re working with IWF, you’re not too poor to eat. So why the hell are you so skanky-skinny, girl? It can’t be healthy. I’m not going to hold back on you this week, and that makes me sort of afraid that I’m going to snap you like a twig. Plastic and superficial with unrealistic proportions really does not help you in this industry. You have to have strength to go with the good looks, and I rather doubt that you do. And no, I’m not just talking about physical strength.

Diana’s wan smile becomes a smirk now, and it’s easy to tell that she’s moving in for the kill.

Diana Logan:
And let’s talk about your appearance after Homecoming the other night, shall we? You looked quite lovely on Corey Casey’s arm. He looked more bemused than anything else. Like he was wondering what the hell you were doing there.

Let me give you a word of advice, sweetheart. If you want anyone to take you seriously, especially if you want me to take you seriously, then don’t sleep your way to the top. Makes people wonder how you got as far as you did, and it doesn’t make you a credible threat to those you have yet to face.

People know that I’m a threat, because they know that I have worked my ass off to gain what I have, for myself. I haven’t had to ask favors, and I haven’t had to sleep with people to be considered for title shots. I’m not saying that Corey Casey slept with you. I think he probably has better taste than that. But I am saying that you are making yourself look bad, and you’re making women look bad.

I didn’t get the name ‘Wonder Woman’ by putting up with women who make other women look bad.

You’re going to find out in the ring, honey, just why I’m called Wonder Woman. It’s because I am strong, and I am solid, and I have more character than any plastic Barbie bimbo can ever hope to have. That character, that strength, has only been refined by the fire and the ashes these past months.

So bring it, bitch. The phoenix is rising, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

The camera fades to black, but not before Rosalie Knight’s voice is recognized speaking to Diana. It would seem that IWF has not seen the last of her, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry   Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Logan [vs.] Elizabeth Terry
Page 1 of 1