Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick Empty
PostSubject: Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick   Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 am

If none of your backgrounds are The Miz, then what is even the point?
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick   Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:44 pm

“Trapped"

The scene opens up in a white room. In this room is Gordon Fury dressed in his casual attire, as well as a... a... is that what I think it is.

If you think its a Tasmanian Devil that is sitting next to me in a white room, then yes. Yes it is.

How did you get access to a Tasmanian Devil?

I'm Australian, just accept it as fact and move on.

Riiiiight... Anyway, the Devil looks calm in this white room, just chillin on the floor.

Her name is Lucy.

Of course it is. How the fuck did you get a hold of a Tasmanian Devil?

Gordon Fury: For those of you that don't know, Lucy here is a Tasmanian Devil, which is an endangered species that is native to Australia. They are usually kept in a specific habitat that is kept consistent all throughout their lives. Now anyone with a brain can figure out that something know as the Tasmanian “Devil” can be quite vicious, but as you can see...

Lucy gets up and starts rubbing against my leg like a cat. Hard to imagine her being a vicious killing machine, but there you go.

Seriously, how the fuck did you get a Tasmanian Devil?

Gordon Fury: ...Lucy is harmless at the moment. However, it doesn't take much to change that.

I click my fingers and both of us are suddenly in a black room, but this time Lucy is in a cage, with a piece of meat just outside of it. She is going absolutely ballistic, clawing at the meat, foaming at the mouth, making a horrendous growling sound. I have to talk a bit louder in order to be heard.

Gordon Fury: As demonstrated by Lucy here, it doesn't take much to bring out a side that is completely different from one that you know. A change in location, a restriction of movement, and a desire you just can't deny. Those 3 things alone have changed Lucy from an almost pet like state to a ravenous animal.

STOP IGNORING ME!

Use her name.

What?

She has a name, use it.

You are kidding right?

Do I look like I'm kidding?

Fine, how did you get Lucy?h

A T-Devil caretaker owed me a favour.

Do I even want to know why?

No, no you don't. I click my fingers again Lucy disappears, and the black room fades into a wrestling ring, where Gordon is standing in the center. But it isn't just a normal ring. The canvas is covered with different types of weapons: Steel chairs, ladders, trash cans, the list goes on. And surrounding that ring is a big fucking steel cell.

You know Gordo. You take us to the nicest places.

I do try my best.

Gordon Fury: Tim, you have made a huge fucking mistake. You see, this could have just been another title defense. It could have been two respected warriors facing off for High Impact Championship. But that is not the case is it Timmy? I don't think you have realized what you have done. You have made this personal.

Just think about it for a second. I have beaten everyone who has come after my title, and that was when I was only driven to defend it. Last week you decided to attack me from behind like a little bitch, to “send a message”. Well I got the message loud and clear Tim, so now its time to send my own. If you think for a second that I am just going to forget what you did, you are sadly fucking mistaken. And that is VERY bad for you. You see Tim, you have given me an even greater desire to win. You have given me more drive and motivation to beat the ever loving shit out of you and retain my title. If you thought I was tough to beat before, if you thought the title was gonna be hard to take from me, you just made it even harder for yourself. Well done.

Gordon walks over and leave the ring, before standing.... What the fuck?

Who turned out the lights?

Everything has gone black, what happened? ...Uh oh.

...What?

So, turns out paying the power bill was more important than I thought.

Um... cya next week Gordo!

Must... Resist... Urge... to murder.

Back to top Go down
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick   Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 pm

****Disclaimer – this is a FICTIONAL story, with colorful characters. While the story contains depictions of violence and mentions the Irish paramilitary known as the IRA, the person who is writing this has never left the United States and he has never been a member or given any money to any foreign military. So relax. It's pretend****

Sunday, March 24, 2013
Houston, Texas
Toyota Center
Backstage moments after “Ascension” goes off the air
IWF.com interview
11:05 PM
~On Camera~

Tim Patrick is speed walking around the backstage area, full of energy. He is holding a briefcase that contains his contract for a match for the High Impact Championship. He notices the IWF.com crew in the hallway and he runs up to the camera.

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick 28
Tim Patrick:

I told everybody and nobody fucked believed me. I said time and time again for the past few weeks that this is my time. That I would finally break the hump and get myself a title shot of this magnitude. All you doubters can suck on it. I've been doing this shit off and on since I was a child and I have spent 2 years in this company bleeding to entertain people. IWF Management has barely acknowledged that I'm alive, but I AM alive and I'm not going to be stopped. Gordon Fury, I have no real issues with you. But you have what I need. I need your title. And I'm going to get it. It's about to get very interesting around here.

~~Scene Fades~~

Tuesday, March 26
South Philadelphia, PA
Tim Patrick's apartment
12:15 PM
~On Camera~

After sleeping all day Monday after returning home from the Pay Per View, Tim Patrick has a busy day ahead of him. He started his day about a half-hour ago when he ate a bowl of Corn Flakes and drank several pints of Guinness. He's in rare form. At any moment, an interview crew from Tiger Beat Magazine is going to knock on his door. They have no idea what they are in for. The last thing Tim Patrick is is a teen idol. But for some reason, when he drunkenly performed a Backstreet Boys song with fellow wrestlers at a recent IWF event, he became an internet sensation among teenage girls. He sits on his couch, drinking his 5th pint of the day and there is a knock at the door. Tim gets up and opens it to see a cute young woman with a notebook and microphone and a man with a camera.

Young Woman Interviewer:

Mr. Patrick? Hi, I'm Kelly Lush from Tiger Beat.

Tim Patrick:

Hello, Kelly. Welcome to Castle Patrick. Make yourself at home!

Kelly and her cameraman walk into the apartment to find empty food containers, empty cans and bottles of beer and empty whiskey bottles scattered everywhere. The sink is full of dishes and there are roaches crawling around the kitchen, in daylight. Kelly's eyes are wide open and you can tell she is uncomfortable and is probably sure that she shouldn't be where she is. As she walks further into the apartment, she notices a smell. A bad smell. It hits her like a ton of bricks and stops her in her tracks.

Kelly Lush:

Um...Tim...what's that smell?

Tim Patrick:

Probably piss.

Kelly Lush:

Why does your apartment smell like urine?

Tim Patrick:

I told the UPS delivery guy to fuck off so he pissed through the hole in my front door.

Kelly Lush:

Why did you tell off a UPS delivery guy:

Tim Patrick:

Because I opened the door and he saw my turtle walking around and said “Turtles are for losers”. So I told him to fuck off. Then he pissed through the hole in my door. And then my turtle slipped in it and slid across my kitchen. And I'm out of paper towels and cleaning spray. So yeah, my home smells like pee. Hey, you want something to drink? Warm and gross Philadelphia tap water? Beer? Purple stuff? Pepto Bismol?

Kelly Lush:

Uhhhh....no. Thank you. Can we start the interview?

Tim Patrick:

Sure thing, cutie.

Tim and Kelly sit at couches across from each other in the living room. The cameraman begins taking photographs. Tim basically ignores him.

Kelly Lush:

Okay, Tim. First, let me say that the performance that you and your wrestler friends put on doing that Backstreet Boys song was very entertaining. What made you decide to do that?

Tim Patrick:

Honestly, I was drunk and anxious. I get nervous before big matches so I decided to drink. I jokingly told Blyss Lockhart that the next time she wins a match that I was going to sing to her. I didn't mean it at the time, but the nerves and booze sort of made me do it. Other wrestlers in the back dared me to go out and do it, so I did it.

Kelly Lush:

Why did you pick a Backstreet Boys song?

Tim Patrick:

When I was in middle school, the Backstreet Boys were all the rage. There was this contest where if you write a winning essay then AJ from the band will come to your school. This girl in my class named Linda won but then it came out that she cheated and she became the laughing stock of our school. She was really a horrible kid. She would make fun of kids on the short bus, push other girls in the hallway. A true bully. I laughed at her when this happened and she screamed at me, “You'll never be as cool as me or AJ! You're a loser!” Now she's working at Wal-Mart, weighs 300 pounds. I wrestle in front of tens of thousands of people every week, get paid lots of money, and performed her favorite song better than any else ever on world-wide television. So yeah, suck on that, Linda!

Kelly, begins coughing nervously. She's completely uncomfortable. Tim senses that Kelly is not having a good time and a devilish grin comes across his face. Kelly takes a deep breath and asks another question.

Kelly Lush:

Uh, okay. Um...next question. Okay? What is your relationship like with the other wrestlers you sand with?

Tim Patrick:

I have a working relationship based on respect with Chuck and Brandon. I really can't relate to them on a personal level. It's hard to relate to people who sleep on piles of money when you sleep in a home that smells like pee. And Jacob Figgins, our relationship is built on a mutual love of causing havoc and fucking shit up.

Kelly Lush:

Mr. Patrick. This magazine is aimed towards children. We really can't use any of this. I'm afraid we'll have to cut this interview short. Can we at least get a picture?

Tim Patrick:

Sure thing.

Tim Patrick picks up his pet turtle from the floor and the photographer takes a picture.
Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick BAWpd0_CEAEbYal

~~The Scene Fades~~

Monday, April 8, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
SunCorp Stadium
Backstage after Battle Grounds
**Shoot 1**
~On Camera~

The scene opens up with Tim Patrick sitting along in a dark room backstage moments after jumping Gordon Fury from behind. The camera zooms in and Tim begins to speak.

Tim Patrick:

Gordon, I'm sorry. It really isn't my style to do what I just did. I'm sorry you lost in such an embarrassing fashion in your home country in front of a stadium full of people who came to see you. I'm sorry you have been a disrespectful bucket of shit by ignoring me on Twitter. I'm sorry you didn't have enough sense not to make this personal with me. Ignoring me and disrespecting me after I've worked my ass off to get to this point in my life and after I have poured more of my own blood into the canvass of IWF rings these past two years than anybody else made it personal. Hell, I was mostly joking on twitter. Who says things like “Prepare Your Anus” with a straight face? Nobody. All you had to do was thank me for coming out and singing to Blyss after your tag-team victory a few weeks ago and tell me you were entertained. You clearly were, you were laughing in the ring. What's the problem? Too much of a macho meat head to joke around with a co-worker? You could have told me you were looking forward to our match. You know, that “may the best man win” bullshit. “Congratulations, Tim. You've worked hard and earned this title shot!” Nope. I got nothing from you. And in a business that's built on respect for your brothers in the locker room, you showed me none. Zero. So yeah, I sent you a message tonight. And when you wake up in a few minutes after some IWF teenage ring crew guy making minimum wage splashes a cup of water in your face and you find yourself missing teeth, you won't be able to ignore me anymore.

~~The Scene Fades~~

Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Undisclosed Location
Republic of Ireland (Free-State)
Somewhere near the Northern Ireland Border
3:30 AM
~Off Camera~

It has been said before that Tim Patrick is not legally allowed in the United Kingdom, which includes Northern Ireland. Such rules do not apply to him for the Republic of Ireland. Tim flew into Dublin earlier in the night and was picked up at the airport by an old IRA veteran. As a former member of the Provisional IRA and a secret faction of the IRA that operated during the 2000s, Tim knows that he could easily face death if he steps foot the North. The Irish Republican Political Group, IRPG, has been the political wing of the IRA since it formed in 1919 and has been an even bigger supporter since the Provisional IRA formed in 1969. When word got around in the Irish nationalist circle that Tim would be coming to Belfast, the IRPG made arrangements that he would be picked up at the airport, blindfolded, and driven to a cottage near the border. There, he would have a meeting with IRPG and IRA leadership. The scene picks up in the cottage. It's the middle of the night and the room Tim is sitting in is dimly lit with candles. The walls are decorated with framed pictures of Irish icons Bobby Sands, James Connolly, and the three IRA volunteers who were murdered in Gibraltar in 1988. He sits at the end of a long table on a wooden chair. After several minutes IRPG President Gerry Hughes and his former IRA commander Slugger Brady enter the room. They walk up to Tim and offer their hands for a handshake. He's hesitant at first, but shakes their hands. Gerry and Slugger sit at the opposite end of the table and a tense discussion begins.

Gerry Hughes:

Tim, thank you for coming. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Tim Patrick:

Did I really have a choice, Gerry? Let's get down to it. You and Slugger have wanted nothing to do with me since I left the army. Why go through all the trouble to have me driven in the middle of nowhere in the early morning?

Slugger Brady:

We've been following your wrestling career, Tim. All of us have. Every single person in the free-state, the north, and all around the world that believes in Irish unity has suddenly become wrestling fans over the past couple of years. Among our people, your people, you have become a folk hero. You're the only former member of the IRA that has become a sports hero known world over.

Tim sits back in his chair, skeptical about what he's hearing and is wondering what the intentions of these men are.

Gerry Hughes:

But there is a problem with all of this, Tim. We are trying to build a lasting peace in Northern Ireland and force the British out solely with political means. We're no longer using the gun and the bomb. The only people who are doing so are the dissident groups.

Tim Patrick:

You know, Gerry, the Provisional IRA used to be seen as dissidents. Didn't we break away from the original IRA? Wasn't there backlash and infighting because of that? Wasn't it you that publicly supported the Provisional IRA? We all know you were a member of the IRA Army Council, secretly. Are you going to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, too?

Gerry Hughes:

Keep your fucking mouth shut, son. I'm not going to comment to you about whether or not I was on the Army Council or calling shots behind the scenes. That is none of your business and you're such a loose cannon that I know I can't trust you with that sort of knowledge. You'll never know what I know. You were a hitman for the IRA and that's it. You're too set in your own morals and ways to be trusted with secret information. You're the only man in the IRA that I've ever known to flat out say “NO!” to their higher-ups.

Tim Patrick:

When the hell did I do that?

Slugger Brady:

You refused to kill Shannon McDonald. I gave you direct orders. She was an informer and had a transmitter given to her by the British Army and the police.

Tim Patrick:

That's a load of shit and you both fucking know it! She was a mother of 9 and a widow! She worked 12 hours a day at a shirt factory in Derry and still was able to raise her children. When you gave me the orders, I took my 4 man unit into her home while she was at work and her children were at school. We fuckin' ransacked the place. We searched everywhere. We even tore down walls in her apartment. There was no transmitter. We watched from bushes across the street as she and her children entered their home that evening. They were terrorized. The children were scared. All because of your nitwit intelligence team. If I'm an outcast in an army that I risked my life for because I refused to kill somebody's mother without reason, then what does that say about our army and our cause?

Slugger Brady:

It's not your place to ask questions. I gave you direct orders. You're lucky I didn't have you and your men killed that night.

Tim Patrick:

I stand by what I did. If our cause is righteous then we must do things that are right. I joined to be a solder of freedom. To free the land of my ancestors. I didn't join to kill people for the hell of it. I'm tired of this bickering. Neither one of you have explained why I'm here.

Gerry Hughes:

You being in Belfast this upcoming Monday in an arena full of people, half of which will want to rip your skull apart when they see you, puts what we're trying to do here at risk. Not to mention the police who will attempt to arrest you on sight. A full riot in an inclosed area like the arena could be the craziest thing to happen in the North in a decade. It's going to happen. You'll either be arrested, assaulted by thousands of people, or killed on the spot. This gimmick where your fight is in some sort of cell won't help and you know it.

Tim Patrick:

IWF has their own security. “ME” Security. They're basically thugs. They'll be there. And if I'm not mistaken, the other half of the crowd at the show will be old comrades of mine and supporters of our cause. I say I have pretty good protection. Not only that, but I fight for my life every time I'm here. The IRA would send me our with poorly made rifles and no body armor against the army...who had tanks and helicopters patrolling. I always came out on top. If I can face one of the world's biggest armies, I can fight in front of a bunch of British loyalists and come out alive.

Slugger Brady:

I want to make something clear to you. The IRPG and the IRA differ on opinions on this issue. The venue will be full of many of your old Provo comrades. They need this. The working class people in the North who define themselves as Irish Nationalists who have supported our wars and political movements need this. We need you to do something big. You have the opportunity to win a major championship in Belfast. Imagine winning it. The loyalists begin throwing their chairs and everything else they can grab. The Irish celebrate like we just won the fucking war. The cage is lifted and the police make their move, trying to arrest you. This private security that your wrestling company is providing and your old IRA veteran comrades form a human shield and you exit through the Nationalist side of the arena, holding your High Impact Championship Belt high above your head in victory. The men and women on our side will feel unstoppable. They'll get out of this funk they've been in. The possibility of a United Ireland may look like it could happen someday because what seemed impossible now seems possible. You winning that title in that city has the chance at changing the future!

Gerry Hughes:

We'll provide you with a safe house across the border but we will not under any circumstances publicly support what you're doing here. It's too risky for our organization. Take this as a fair warning – we will condemn you being here publicly if things get out of hand or people get hurt. We will also not work to get you released from jail if the police catch up with you. You will be treated like the dissidents are treated and you'll likely have to serve a very long sentence in harsh conditions.

Tim Patrick:

I've been in prison before here. You guys never made an effort to get me released then, why would I expect it to be different if I get busted now? I'm fully aware that you IRPG guys are in it for yourselves.

Gerry Hughes:

Do you accept what I'm telling you? This conversation and our arrangement with the safe house in County Down can never be known to the public. We'll sell you out immediately.

Tim Patrick:

I accept.

Slugger Brady:

At 12 Noon on Monday, we will contact you and will prove a safe house on the Falls Road in Belfast where you can prepare for your fight. Shortly before the show begins, we will smuggle you into the arena under armed protection. Once you are inside, we have veterans serving as Arena staff. We can only do so much on the inside, so make sure this private security that your company has hired knows the situation and what they're doing. Once the match is over and you leave through the crowd, leave through the west exit. There will be a car waiting and we'll get you out of the country. Be careful. And win.

Tim gets up and shakes Slugger's hand as Gerry leaves the room. This joint operation between the IRPG and the Provional IRA veterans to protect Tim is something that is happening in total secrecy, and the look on Tim's face suggests that he understands the seriousness of what is happening.

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick Normal_shot0399~2

~~The Scene Fades~~

Friday, April 12, 2013
Annalong
County Down, Northern Ireland
IRPG Safe House across from Lucky O'Shea's Pub
12:30 AM
**Off Camera**

(This scene begins where Storming Raven's Character Development Thread ends [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

The scene opens with Tim running down a long dirt road to a cottage. After the bar fight and shooting that just took place at the pub, Tim is still waring his mask and holding his gun. Blyss Lockhart, who Tim has sent to the house for her own safety, waits nervously inside. Finally, Tim comes crashing through the door, locks the door behind him, and shuts off the lights.

Blyss Lockhart:

Tim, is that you? What the hell is going on here?

A flicker from a lighter goes off on the other side of the room and a candle is lit. Tim is the one who lit it and he carries it over to Blyss. He points to a chair as if to ask her to sit down. She does and he begins to speak.

Tim Patrick:

I have a lot of explaining to do. I try not to let this side of me show when we're in America or anywhere else on Earth. When I'm in Northern Ireland, I'm a marked man.

Blyss Lockhart:

Why?!

Tim Patrick:

For a few years, off and on, I was a member of the Irish Republican Army.

Blyss Lockhart:

Is this some sort of joke? Aren't they considered a terrorist group?!

Tim Patrick:

Yes, they are. But that is from people who don't understand the situation here.

Blyss Lockhart:

What were you even doing joining these people? You are an American!

Tim Patrick:

Ireland is the land of my ancestors. My mother's family came from an area in Ireland that was almost destroyed by the British starving the people. My father's family came from Belfast. 800 years ago, the British came to Ireland. They invaded it and took it over. They enslaved the people, starved the people, tortured the people and killed the people. In every generation there have been rebellions to try and drive the British out.

Blyss Lockhart:

What's the deal? Is the entire country still ruled by the British?

Tim Patrick:

No. The southern part of the country was won by the IRA and they successfully drove the British out. As part of that agreement of British withdrawal from the south, they kept the Northern part of the country. The north has been where most of Ireland's industry is.

Blyss Lockhart:

What's the conflict? I mean, they left the majority of the country. It's rare that the British Empire even does that.

Tim Patrick:

The issue is that when they left, they made sure that Irish Catholics in the North didn't have voting rights and we kept from getting the best jobs. The housing for these people was disgraceful. In the 1960s there were peaceful marches for civil rights and the British ruled police were sent out to attack protesters. Then the British Loyalist Protestant communities began attacking their Irish Catholic Nationalist neighbors. They homes were wrecked and set on fire and they were often murdered. This brought out the Provisional IRA to protect the people and fight for them. Most of the people who joined by were imprisoned and hundreds were killed in battle. When I learned of this I was going through a real hard time in my life. I needed something I could be passionate about and fight for. So I came to Belfast and joined the IRA.

Blyss Lockhart:

Didn't they kill civilians too?

Tim Patrick:

Sadly, yes...sometimes. I refused to do so though. Most of the IRA volunteers have been common people in this community. Regular working people who were tired of being second class citizens in their own country. They hated when they had to set large bombs off and kill civilians. Hell, they hated having to kill British military and police. But that's the nature of war. They had to do things nobody else was doing in combat because they didn't have an Air Force or Navy. The British also thought George Washington was a terrorist. I hate that term. It's war. War is war. It's ugly and awful and it's fucking murder no matter how you look at it. But sometimes, like in Northern Ireland, war was necessary.

Blyss Lockhart:

I thought the war was over.

Tim Patrick:

The main military action is over. But there are still splinter grounds known as dissidents that fight the police here and Loyalist gangs. The majority of the Irish here in the North are trying to get rid of the Brits with politics now, not violence. The guy in the pub that I shot was a member of a British Loyalist gang. He and his kind want to rid the North from all people who consider themselves to be Irish. He was following me and was going to try and shoot you or Storming Raven or me. I took him out before he could. That's what they do, they try and strike fear into people. It wasn't the first time I've looked in the barrel of a gun and it won't be the last. The guy he was working for has been following me in America when I'm away from IWF shows and has been screwing with me for months now. We are old enemies going back to my time in the IRA. Before I shot his gunman in the pub, the gunman told me that his boss challenged me to a fight in his own neighborhood. I thought I wanted to do it but there is too much to risk. I would likely be killed because I would never be able to have the backup I need to go into his neighborhood and come out alive. So he can wait.

Blyss sits there, looking clearly frustrated by the situation. She never imagined the night taking this sort of turn. After a few minutes of silence she gets up and hugs Tim.

Blyss Lockhart:

You did what you had to do. I'm glad you're still alive.

Tim Patrick:

Thank you, Blyss. I'm sorry tonight got so shitty. I'm going to make a phone call and have a car sent over to take to you Belfast. You can check in at your hotel and enjoy the nightlife. Just be careful.

Blyss smiles.

~~The Scene Fades~~

Monday, April 15, 2013
Odyssey Arena
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Backstage Locker Room
~~On Camera~~
**Shoot 2**
7:30 PM

The show is about to start. A rabid audience is beginning to take their seats and tensions are running high. Backstage, in a very small room, Tim Patrick sits alone. His room is guarded by armed guards on the outside that have been hired to protect him from the police and Loyalist gangs. Cigarette smoke fills the room. After panning around the room, the camera zooms in on Tim and he begins to speak.

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick 22
Tim Patrick:

Gordon. The time has come. You are entering an environment tonight that you know nothing of. What tonight means to people, it's bigger than all of us.

I know you're Australian but I'm going to use a baseball reference. My favorite team ever was the 1993 Philadelphia Phillies. In 1993, the Phillies came out of nowhere and were the best team in the National League. They all had long hair, beards, wore filthy uniforms, fought, and were the most bad-ass group of men ever assembled to play baseball. They got all the way to the World Series, the best of seven series to decide the world championship. They got all the way to game 6 when the Toronto Blue Jays came from behind at the last possible moment to win the game and the series. After all that effort, the Phillies came up short. It's pretty much how I describe the Irish Republican Army, which I used to be a member of. Against all odds, the IRA fought the British Army with little organization and weaponry and came close several times to driving them out of the country. But when the war was over, the IRA ended up just like the 1993 Phillies. We came up short.

When I win tonight, I do it in the face of a government that has no business being here. I do it in defiance of the police who will want to drag me away and stuff me into a hole somewhere. I will do it as a slap in the face to the British Loyalist gangs that still roam Belfast and other towns in the North. The police and loyalists will be here tonight, Gordon. And they won't be cheering for you. They'll be cheering for my destruction. My old IRA comrades and our supporters will be here tonight too. And not only will they be supporting me, but they'll want your head on a platter. That's the key thing you have to know going in to tonight. You just don't matter. Tonight is all about me.

You have been on a hot streak ever since you walked into IWF and have held the High Impact Championship so long that it has become a part of you. I know how much you love that belt, Gordon. But here's the deal. Your months with that belt will be forgotten. Your noble title defenses will be meaningless in a few hours. If you think the worst of our encounters with each other was me jumping you last week and knocking you out in front of your home country after your quick loss to Jacob Figgins, you're dead wrong. Tonight, we enter my world. An Extreme Hell in a Cell Match full of weapons in this city of all places. I mean shit, Gordon, there really is no chance of you winning tonight. I don't even care about what happens tomorrow or next week or next month or next year. If my career ends after the bell rings tonight after I beat you, I could die a happy man. Tonight means more to me and my old IRA comrades and supporters than you'll ever know. Your fans around the world have been hyping you as the best High Impact Champion ever. Everybody says how great you are. You know what they'll say about you after tonight? They won't say anything at all.

“Tiocfaidh ár lá” means “our day will come”. It's the slogan used for people who fight for Irish freedom. My day has come. Tonight is the night.
Gordon, your time is over.

~~The scene ends with a video showing rioing and the IRA on patrol~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick   Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gordon Fury [vs] Tim Patrick
Page 1 of 1